"Nordic Spirit" awards from Norse Foundry for exceptional participation & citizenship - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Announcements and Staff Rooms > Announcements
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 09:58 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27324
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
"Nordic Spirit" awards from Norse Foundry for exceptional participation & citizenship

right-aligned image
Norse Foundry has donated some excellent prizes to our drive. So good, in fact, that I'm going to create a new mechanism for claiming them. I'd like to recognise people who go the extra mile to contribute in every way to the drive -- through memberships AND direct donations -- and who also act as amazing citizens of our community.

There are two levels of Nordic Spirit Award, and fulfilling the criteria of either of them should make you feel good about yourself. Anyone who qualifies for either of these is fantastic in my books -- now you just get a nice prize for it, too. Starting now, if you fulfill the criteria of one of these awards, please post in the Nordic Spirit awards discussion thread to stake your claim. This is not necessary (you will not lose your claim if you don't post) but it will help others know what has already been claimed. And you are a good citizen after all, right?

Please note that receipt of any of these prizes will require you to share a physical mailing address with me so that I can ship you your prize. Note also that it's probably too late to receive these by Christmas. Anyone is eligible for these prizes, and RPG Crossing will pay for shipping to the US and Canada; if you live outside those countries, please be prepared to pay for the difference in the shipping cost.

Electrum Nordic Spirit awardThe prize for the Electrum level Nordic Spirit is your choice of:
  1. a Norse Foundry folding dice tray (purple) (value $21) CLAIMED
  2. a Norse Foundry avalanche boulder (blue) (value $14)
  3. a Norse Foundry avalanche boulder (blue) (value $14)
  4. a Norse Foundry pirate compass rose by Norse Foundry (value $14)

To qualify for the Electrum level Nordic Spirit award, do each of the following:
  1. purchase at least one $25 CS membership as a gift for someone else during the month of December 2019
  2. donate at least $25 to the BBR foundation through the direct donation link (eligible for tax receipts in the US) during the month of December 2019
  3. have, in the last year, contributed positively to building the RPG Crossing community by greeting new players in the New Members Introduction threads, running New Player Solo Games, volunteering as a moderator or admin, contributing to the production of the Explosive Runes magazine, judging or running site contests like Iron DM and Outplay, or similar levels of involvement (if you are new, the low hanging fruit here in the short term is greeting new players, but if you are interested in the other stuff please keep your eyes open for opportunities to pitch in!)

Mithril Nordic Spirit awardThe prize for the Mithril level Nordic Spirit is your choice of:
To qualify for the Mithril level Nordic Spirit award, do each of the following:
  1. purchase at least TWO $25 CS memberships as gifts for others during the month of December 2019
  2. donate at least $50 to the BBR foundation through the direct donation link (eligible for tax receipts in the US) during the month of December 2019
  3. have, in the last year, contributed positively to building the RPG Crossing community by greeting new players in the New Members Introduction threads, running New Player Solo Games, volunteering as a moderator or admin, contributing to the production of the Explosive Runes magazine, judging or running site contests like Iron DM and Outplay, or similar levels of involvement (if you are new, the low hanging fruit here in the short term is greeting new players, but if you are interested in the other stuff please keep your eyes open for opportunities to pitch in!)

Winners of these awards will also be eligible for any other prizes being offered in conjunction with their membership purchases or donations, and will receive the bonuses for all participants at the end of the drive (including eligibility for the Kobold Games prizes.) Note also that all donations made by December 20 will be doubled on that date by a matching donor, so for the biggest impact please participate in the drive in the next five days!

Winners are only eligible for one level of this award, and there are a limited number of prizes to be given out. I will (unless asked not to) name additional members who achieve these levels, but once the prizes are gone they are gone. If someone achieves the Mithril level after all Mithril level prizes are claimed, they may claim an Electrum level prize if any remain.

Thank you! And a giant thank you to Norse Foundry for providing these prizes!

- Mark / Birched

P.S. Norse Foundry has a lot of great stuff. I may have done a little shopping there myself this year....
P.P.S. Excerpt from the Membership and Charity Drive 2019 announcement:
Quote:
How to purchase a membership for someone else: If you'd like to buy a CS membership for a friend, buy one on your account and send a pm to Birched -- he will transfer the year to the account of your choosing. Please indicate the exact username of the recipient, and whether you'd like the gift to be anonymous.