Game Thread Chapter 2: Demolition Run! - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > An Untimely Encounter > GAME THREAD ARCHIVE!
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23728
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
MortarMortar sweeps the adjacent room and yells the all-clear. But he doesn't emerge for a few more moments.

His usual speech has a slow drawl to it. But he's all business now, and speaks in a more rapid efficient tone that lacks some of the rougher edges of his Undergrounder dialect. "OK, we're safe here for a moment. If we've got multiple alarms going off, we don't want to wait more than a moment." He hikes a thumb to the room he just emerged from. "More than a few medkits in there. Might want to grab some on the way out. I ain't loading up now."

He looks around the group as they file into the small space. He nods at Cinch's intel about the guards. He doesn't give her any reproach - maybe he doesn't know it was her, maybe he doesn't care.

"Bottom line: any of you got the range to hit that guy on the rooftop? If not, I'll go first, and I'll throw more than a few bullets at the problem. But the longer we can keep them thinking we're a small time threat, the better. They're not going to think that if they hear me opening up."

Mortar stages himself next to the door that leads to the compound. The leaves room for someone to step in and go first, to take their shot. But he doesn't honestly expect any volunteers. He takes a few deep breaths to calm himself and settle his aim. He nods that he is ready to go to whoever holds the credstick to open the door.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12388
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Stranger
Stranger ceded the terminal to the more capable hacker. If he could disable the alarm, all's the better. If he couldn't, no harm, no foul. Instead he listened to Mortar give his situational assessment. His fleshy fingers went to his over-built arm and began manipulating the area around the bicep. After a couple of turns and twists, a compartment popped open and he wiggled out a compact weapon they had seen before. Compact but bulbous, that is. He pressed the mechanical arm into his chest and the metallic door clicked closed again. Transferring the SMG into his cybernetic side, the drum magazine spun and settled on the ammo he mentally commanded to the smartgun. Though the little Ares had a forestock grip the tall orc held it in the one hand, trusting the mechanically enhanced limb to do a better job of holding it steady. "My gun is more bark than bite. I can use it to keep people's heads down while you get closer. I could probably take out this guard if I throw enough lead, but it won't be any less quiet than what you've got unless Rinelle can do her thing." He pulled a pocket on his vest open and showed some grenades there. "I can also throw some smoke to get us to the tower if his perch is too dug in to take him out. He's cut off because I fried his comm, but I don't think we should leave him out here without taking him down. He's not using smartguns which is bad because I can't remove that threat, but good, because unless he is a hobby sharpshooter, he isn't going to be as accurate with it." He poked his head out the door and back in again.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:42 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11803
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Cinch pulls her pistol from the hidden pocket and checks the ammo. The stick 'n shock is in it. At least she remembered to do that. When Mortar asks about range, though, Cinch's eyes fall to her pathetic weapon. It sure as drek isn't hitting the sniper position.

Then a wreath of flame. Again. A tugging sensation at the edge of her mind. A thought unbidden. "No." she states flatly to no one in particular. A glance around the room, however, reminds her of their predicament. Perhaps she is the only one that can clear this path. "I have the range, but this might not work. Either way we have to be ready to move."

With a sigh, Cinch falls to a knee at the open doorway. Then she inches her face out into the opening and quickly locates the sniper. The flames wreathing her vision begin to dance excitedly and she feels the welling of power. A moment later it is released. Without waiting, Cinch sends a thought along the line:

This job ain't worth it! Just a babysitter! Throw down the gun and surrender and maybe they won't shoot me dead.

OOCCasting Control Thoughts: 4 total hits (with edge reroll)
Successfully resisted drain.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:27 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3200
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Get to work
left-aligned image
"I go find other loner and silence. You lot assault main facility, or whatever." She waves them off invisibility and hiding her saw and waits for Cinch to move out of the way
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old 12-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12430
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
ETA 9.03 minutes and counting...
right-aligned image
Battle Map

Xōchipilli quickly plugged his comlink into the security station and logged in using the guards credstick. After some searching, Xoch managed to find the security alert and got to work only to be held up by a problem with his modified I honestly couldn't find what comlink you are using by looking at your character sheet.

Anyway, you listed your comlink in the OOC Thread as 0/4/4/4, meaning it has no Attack Rating, which is what the Crack File matrix action uses as it's Limit
comlink. Unable to crack the protected file, he switched out with Stranger and let the Orc have a shot at it. It only took him two UngainlyFool, I'm certain you would have had more dice by running different program's, but I got a little lazy and just rolled your base skill attempts, and then he was unplugging his deck and letting Xōchipilli get back to work via AR. With the file encryption bypassed, in no time at all, he had changed the alert status from 'Attack Imminent' to 'Threat Neutralized' and quickly unplugged his comlink and reset the device as Stranger had done with his deck, no reason to take chances. The screen changed from the previous response in red to:

Acnowledged!
Secure suspects and prepare them for Kight Errant's arrival!
ETA 9.03 Minutes.

With that done, Stranger and Mortar got ready to throw gel rounds at the guard with the sniper rifle. Both claimed that they would be quite loud about it before asking if anyone could take the guard out. Surprisingly, the hesitant medic of the group stepped up and wanted to try something. When Xoch opened the door for everyone, Cinch moved the six meters to the O5corner of the factory where she the Take Cover action is a Simple Action but casting a spell is a Complex Actionstood after spotting the man, Cinch cast her Control Thoughts Complext Action unless you take more Drain to use Reckless Spellcasting action as a Simple Action.spell upon him.

Franklin Fin, aka Frank to his friends, was not panicking. Nope. No siree. He had worked for DocWagon for nearly three years as a technician before he got assigned to this exceedingly boring assignment. Other than shooting the occasional small critter that got onto the grounds, or that time old man Wadsworth had his drone fly too close to the perimeter and get shot down by the facilities automated air defense, his job had been quite boring. 'And now I'm standing here on this ladder with my head sticking out of the roof waiting to get it shot off!!!' When he had talked with that girl trying to pose as a DocWagon official, he had remained calm as he knew she couldn't harm him thanks to that young punk Matthew's constant bragging about his abilities and the inherent difficulties of astral projection. Swinging his rifle over to the left, Frank waited for someone to come barreling around the corner of the facility. 'Who had the bright idea not to give me a view of the shipping/receiving building's outer door! And what the hell is taking these runners so long to come at me?' Nope, he wasn't panicking. With that thought, he aimed back south, and in his scope, he saw a young woman looking at him. Frank knew he should have pulled the trigger and whittled down the runner's numbers, but he couldn't help but think, 'This job ain't worth it! Just a babysitter! Throw down the gun and surrender, and maybe they won't shoot me dead.' Raising, Frank tossed his rifle onto the building's roof and raised his hands before shouting, "I surrender! I'll come out!" And he did just that. As he passed through the security room to the outer door, Frank saw that the alert he had sent out was canceled. "Great! Nine minutes until I get fired for surrendering to the suspects." With a sigh, Frank opened the outer door and exited the building to walk towards the shadowrunners with his hands raised.

OOC
  • Well, I thought it would be a Combat Round but it looks like not As long as Cinch continues to maintain her spell until the guy is bound and depending on what you all do, the guard will walk to you and in about 20 seconds will be next to Cinch where he can be bound/knocked out and put with the other guy.
  • As only a little bit of time has passed. I want everyone to list in their post where on the map they are located at(for example, Cinch is currently at O5 where I put her). I'll update the map accordingly.

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 12-15-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:13 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3200
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
That works
left-aligned image
She followed Cinch out and to the corner of the building, letting her do whatever she was trying. As the guard surrendered and started to make his way out she gave Cinch a quick "Good job" before moving to intercept the guard. She'd slap a patch on him, see if it was enough to put him out.

Starting at O5 with Cinch (or the next closest square) and moving along the edge of the building towards guard
[Rolls if required]
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 12-16-2019 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:12 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
MortarMortar follows on Cinch's heels, ready to provide her cover. But she needs none. She whips up some mojo, and the guard decides that wisdom is the better part of valor. Behind his darkened helmet, Mortar grins. He gives Cinch a friendly and almost certainly over-hard slap on the back as they watch Whisper move in to neutralize the man.

Without the aid of comms, he tells her "Good, good! That's teamwork. Your boat guy knew what he was doing, recruiting you, eh?"

Now they're out in the open, though, so there's no time to dawdle. Mortar issues a > to me command to his drones, since they no longer need to cover a sniper. As they buzz over the fences, Mortar moves with all due haste to Which I assume is the door at map spot O13.the main entrance of the building.

Putting his back against the wall of the building, next to the door, he gives his terse status to the team. "Ready for breach of the main building. One of you have hands on the credstick to let me in? I've been able to stay quiet out here, that's good. I don't see reason to keep quiet once we're inside the main. Speak now or hold your peace if you disagree."
Old 12-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20215
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
RinelleThe team moves fast to subdue the problematic sniper but the damage has been done. With a clock running they had little time to work their way toward the destination, and less time for Saint James to do his job. There is something about invisibility that always gave her a sense of detachment, like the visible world is less pressing on her when she can't be seen. Now, with time ticking down, Mortar's instinct to move is contagious. She strides up to the opposite side of the door from Mortar, racking the shotgun in response to his question. Stick-and-Shock would do the job as good as bullets so long as they threw enough of them at the enemy.

"Give a two count behind Mortar to let me through. I'll go left, big man goes right. Nobody shoot anyone in the back." It was a classic breach maneuver, one she'd read about dozens of times in training manuals, and she finds herself wishing she'd gone over the specifics with the group before they set out. A thing for the future, assuming any of them have one. Gripping Big Dog tight, she takes a steadying breath and waits for someone to pop the door. "Beers are on me if we live through this."

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 12-17-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:31 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22662
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Xōchipilli Failing to accomplish anything in the matrix was frustrating, but at least Stranger had managed to give an all clear signal – at least now the reinforcements might not be coming in quite so hot.

Watching the others prepare to move on the next building Xōch stops for a moment and reaches into his coat and pulls out one of the zip tie restraints he had procured earlier.

I was saving these for the afterparty…

Dragging the guard to a nearby structural component Xōch loops the plastic around the man’s wrists and the hard metal making sure he won’t be able to free himself anytime soon.

Standing up and smiling for at least doing something helpful, Xōch walks out the door following the others with another tie in his hand to secure the other guard.
OoCFollowing everyone else out, will secure the second guard if there’s time, if not put him right at the door out of the building which is T8 I think.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
StrangerStranger gave the the terminal a final rueful glance. The response team would be here, most likely before they were able to get out and they would be coming by air. If he were a better decker he could control the sky. But he wasn't. He was a glorified EMP, taking out electronics nearby. As the others piled out the door toward the main building, he glanced down at the gun in his hand. He could "feel" it there. The advances in cybernetics made the actions of the limb act and react better than the real thing. But there was always a distance there, some psychic connection to flesh and nerves that couldn't be simulated; like a phantom limb that was still there. Maybe a gun was all he was meant to be. If so, he needed better armor.

The orc snatched up the slagged gun the guard had and shoved it in his vest's large pocket. He could get a few nuyen for it when he got it working again. He headed out after the others and as they piled up near the door, he listened to the breach plan and nodded. "No arguments here." He looked over at Cinch and said, "You saved us a painful exchange. Thank you." Whisper was somewhere. He owed her a word too. But it would wait. Stranger pulled a stun baton from his belt and held it in is weaker meat hand. He flipped it on and waited for them all to move. His heart was going nuts.

OOCGrabbing guard's toasted gun. Moving to O11

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 12-19-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Cinch watches the same person she had met only moments before wander out from the guard house. An instant later, he goes limp and topples to the ground. Whisper doing her thing again. Or at least she hopes. She had kept him alive. There was no greater success in her book.

With a relieved sigh, Cinch hurries after the real muscle. This next part would not be her forte, but one more body is better than not. Cinch falls in behind Mortar, pulling her Ruger from its holster at her side with one hand while flicking her other wrist where a small stun gun suddenly appears in her hand.

Another deep sigh. Then a thought. Cinch's gaze suddenly appears somewhat empty as if looking far away. A moment later, life springs back into her eyes as she stumbles backward, falling to a crouch. "Oh drek! A mage!" Cinch hopes that the warm sensation on her leg is an after-effect of the adrenaline and not a physical manifestation of her fear. No time to worry about that, though. A deep breath as she recovers her feet. "Astral is off limits for me; mage is there. Five figures on this level. One is in the barrier, far to the left - could be the mage. Four taking cover near the center of this floor; one hard right, but close; one right and further in; two slightly left and farther in. The troll is still downstairs." Cinch pauses in her assessment, then pats Mortar on the shoulder. "You're going in hot for sure, big guy."

Hoping the darkness hides her face at least enough, Cinch closes her eyes for just a moment, willing her heart to find a steady rhythm. When she opens them again, she catches Rinelle's eyes, "I'll buy round two."

OOCMoving behind Mortar - Maybe O14?

Last edited by Roekahs; 12-19-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12430
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
~
right-aligned image
Battle Map

Whisper takes down the guard, and Xōchipilli quickly helps Whisper drag the guard into the outer building with the first guard, and Xoch tied them up in a funny position. Chucking, the former sarariman, quickly joined the party at the factory entrance. No one knew what to expect, but the sudden warning from Cinch about a mage being present and the fact that the guards are waiting in ambush only strengthened the group's resolve. At least the guards weren't making themselves hard to find.

With a credstick in one hand and his pistol in the other, Xōchipilli pressed the key to the maglock and then yanked open the door. A second later, Mortar rushed in with his gyro-mount humming as the barrel of his gun swept the room. And his two drones dipped down through the door before raising and started tracking. Rinelle entered and immediately flanked right. For that split second, nothing seemed to happen, and then all hell broke loose as the guards opened up with, not the HK 227 submachine guns that the front guard had, but AK-97 assault rifles. A much more severe threat, but soon Mortar's weapon and drones answered the call.

Combat OrderPass1Pass2Pass3Special
Drone 2 21 11 1 
Drone 1 20 10 -- 
??? 20 10 --  
Stranger 13 3 --  
Mortar 12 2 --  
Whisper 12 2 -- Credstick
Xōchipilli 12 2 -- Credstick; Cram
Guard Group 11 1 -- All in Partial Covor
Rinelle 8 -- --  
Cinch 6 -- --  
The Pass highlighted in blue is the current Initiative Pass.

OOC
  • Everyone can post in any order as they please. I'll compile everyone's actions accordingly, later. I only mentioned Mortar and Rinelle's actions as they are the only ones who said what they were doing specifically though I did not decide where they ended up.
  • Please list the location you wish to end your movement at and remember what I said about movement in Shadowrun.
  • Also, taking cover is a Simple Action. It's not something you gain by standing next to something sturdy like in other games. Figured I should mention that.
  • Good Luck!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Map 3.png
Views:	78
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	82581  

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 12-22-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:41 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
MortarMortar nods at Cinch's instructions. "Good. All right, drones, take hard right. I'll try to tangle up as many others as I can." He levels his rifle, readying to move as Xoch moves to unlock the door. "Listen, my job is to be the last man standing. Your job is to not get killed. Keep me from getting killed, if you get a chance. But worry about yourself first. Ready? Three, two, one..."

Mortar moves in, leading with his harnessed rifle. He moves in a few steps to eerie silence. He knows they're there, so it's not particularly unnerving to understand that they're waiting for him to step into their trap. The only problem is that he can't pin their locations right away. He moving to about space H7keeps pressing in, knowing he needs to create the space for others to enter. Then the guards step out, and he is in a nasty crossfire. Mortar grins. Yikes, too many here to pin 'em all down. Just gotta do what we can.

All at once, all hell breaks loose. Mortar's drones circle around beind a tank to get clear shots on the guard to the right, and both open fire, Each gives a full-auto 6 round burst, for 12 shots on that guard. One gets 2 hits (after losing a die from excess recoil), the other gets 4 hits. The guard is -5 on defense against each drone's attack.rattling out a dozen rounds

Mortar's rifle roars to life. He sprays a Free action to split my dice pool of a full-auto 10 bullet spray (complex action). First five shots target guard G7. 3 hits and the guard has -4 on their defense roll.handful of shots at the nearby guard, then walks his rifle over and sprays 7 dice on the second five-round spray on guard I5. 2 hits and that guard also has -4 on their defense rollin the other direction, working to pin down the guard directly behind him. As bullets fly in every direction and Mortar's arsenal spits out a couple dozen rounds in the span of seconds, Mortar lets out a belly laugh of pure joy as stray bullets ricochet and spark and send shrapnel flying.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 12-23-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Stranger
The sound of gunfire erupted in the building as Mortar and his gun drones entered and started spraying rounds like they were going bad. Rinelle moved in next just like she said and that left the rest of them. Stranger hated this part. He wasn't a chicken, really, it's just that he felt like a kid pretending to be a commando in these situations. He had been in enough gunfights in his youth while he ran with the gangs and it was never pretty. But one thing was sure, the faster and more brutal you were, the more chances you had to come out on top. He pistoned past Rinelle with her shotgun and ran as fast as his non-athletic legs could take him. His smartgun began throwing red retacles on targets across his eyes, mainly just pieces and parts sticking out from behind cover. "I've got the left!"he yelled over the spray of bullets. And he ran that way. Ignoring everything but his target, he kept his head down as he ran, slamming his shoulder into the forklift drone as he Run to G6 and take coverducked for cover and bringing up his Ares. Stranger's arm moved like the mil-spec equipment it was as if eager to fulfill its destiny. A burst of heavy gel rounds tracked toward the guard already pinned down by Mortar's assault rifle with surprising accuracy. He hardly registered the kick back from the gas vented barrel and metal gears. Hit hard, hit fast, hit first. He only hoped it would be enough.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-01-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:42 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
And the Orcs rush in, hair on fire and guns blazing. Typical. The though comes unbidden, a remnant of the prejudices of a life long past where Orcs were either gangers or ... dead gangers.

In this moment, in this situation, having two Orcs rush into the hail of gunfire saves her own pathetic butt from the same fate. Cursing gently under her breath, Cinch glances into the room and observes the mayhem. A wreath of flame appears around her vision. Cinch feels the welling of energy and the same mental manipulation taking form. Cinch shakes the little troublemaker off. He outwilled her last time, but not again so soon. No more playing around with people's minds.

The energy already welling in her conscious starts to take a different form, a protective form. Cinch tries to corral the magic, but the energy snaps back at her. Hard. Just as the energy starts to break apart, the fiery wreath flares around Cinch's vision and the energy coalesces, forming a shining, protective sheath around Stranger.

OOCStranger gains +1 Armor (stacks with other armor)

Move: Step forward into Mortar's old position so she can see in the door (O13?)
Complex Action: Cast Armor; 1! hits, 1 stun drain
Free Action: Curse profusely
Standard Action:
Standard Action:

Last edited by Roekahs; 12-24-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Closed Thread