Game Thread Chapter 2: Demolition Run! - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > An Untimely Encounter
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 11-19-2019, 12:13 AM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8549
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 3,870
BREACH!

left-aligned image
Things move fast as Whisper slips inside and everyone, but Stranger reacts by running after her. Soon, it's a stealthy slog through a bit of mud from the rains in between the two hills, but the slats in the fence work to your favor as they block most of the light coming from the factory's exterior lights and the room the guard came from only casts out a foot or so and he's blocking most of that. Mortar is the first to the blind spot with his drones hovering nearby and everyone, but Stranger and Xoch quickly join him. Those who can see in the dark notice Xoch struggling to stand before lurching up the hill. Xoch wheezed his way in at last, thick mud clings to his hands and cover his pants from the Technically, you glitched on your run so a bit of stumbling in the mud there is expected knees down.

It is possible that the guard would have been done with his little argument at the same time as Xoch arrived, and the lack of a conversation might have alerted him to Xōchipilli's arrival, but Stranger is quick at what he does. He said he was disabling the guards gun and with a sudden spray of sparks the SmartLink fritzed out. The sparks might have been enough light for the guard to spot Xoch only seven meters away, but he was looking dumbfounded at his weapon hanging from its strap as the sparks died down. An explosion of sparks from his collar him panickly batting at the small flame there and his comlink fell to the ground shooting sparks and on fire. The guard looked up with a dawning realization that Mortar could see from his drones camera feed. Mortar had a choice; take him out now with the are the weapons silenced?drones while the other guard was watching on camera or pray Whisper could deal with him. Just a few 3seconds after having his comlink fried, the guard jerks back and slams the door shut.

Inside, as Whisper looks around the sparse office, she notices the room is 2 meters wide by 4 meters long. There is another door opposite the one she entered by and another door in the middle of the left-hand wall. All doors are identical with a maglock embedded in the doors(even the interior door). There is a computer terminal, chair, a small garbage can along the left wall near the far door, and a broom and dustpan next to the door she entered from. She quickly set about putting a plan in action and then sat back to see what happened. What happened was the Guards comlink and weapon shorted out, and he came in slamming the door with a startled look. He waisted no time rushing to his computer and quickly swiped at the interface to slide the "How to be a better poker player" page out of his way and brought up the DocWagon interface. Obviously, the cup of coffee is forgotten due to the guard's sudden startled state. What to do, what to do.
right-aligned image
Battle Map

In AR Stranger did what he did best, brick things. The guard that stuck his head out had both his commlink and smartlinked HK 227 submachine gun bricked. Unfortunately, the other guard did not have a smartlinked weapon linked to his comlink, and Stranger failed to brick his comlink completely. It was a mixed blessing as he still had access to the guard's comlink, and though the connection was severed, he was still transmitting.

<< Rogers. Rogers! Damit, you don't just hang up in the middle...>>
<< Wait, what was that? >>
<< ...son of a [sound's of key's typing rapidly] >>



OOC
  • Mortar and Whisper have choices to make. If Whisper or Mortar attacks, they just have to not glitch in the attack to hit thanks to surprise. Even if Mortar attacks, Whisper will still be able to have surprise if she attacks in reaction to Mortar's attack. Then it will be combat time if he's not down or unsilenced weapons were used.

  • Unsure if I mentioned this. There are maglocks on both sides of the all doors in the plant will be like thisdoor under the door handle.
  • We're not in combat yet but I would like for everyone to Roll Initiative. If you don't and combat breaks out, I'll roll it for you.
  • I'll get a location pic up, so everyone has no questions about where they are at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Map.png
Views:	103
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	82260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Guard Small.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	82261  
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 11-19-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 2639
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,331
RIP Stealth
left-aligned image

Things didn't go as planned, did they ever? She should have stayed in bed.

She quickly moved to the guard peeling a slap patch as she did, letting the paper fall away she put it on her right palm then grabbed him by the face from behind discharging her shock gloves. Hopefully, he would drop into unconsciousness and she'd get the door... and maybe go sit in the truck.

[apply slap patch + shock] rolls
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 18892
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 6,155
MortarMortar, encased in armor and bearing a large gun on his auto-gyro stabilization harness, beats the rest of the crowd to his position overlooking the guard house. He turns to watch as they inelegantly follow over the muddy ground. He's not exactly poetry in motion, but he got the job done. In the end, so does everyone else.

He doesn't like what he's seeing in the feeds from his visor. Guard chatter is already getting spooked. Whisper is going in for a violent take down. Mortar still holds fire, but braces to let loose.

If he's going to maximize the quantity of lead flying through the air, he can't be hopped in. Either one of his drones will kill a hapless trespasser dead real quick. But they're not exactly sharpshooters. They're security theater, as much as anything else. Your opponent is never happy to have a full-auto rifle blazing in their direction. Three such rifles, no matter how inaccurate, are something that few people will trifle with. Mortar relies on that show of overwhelming force to push folks around.

So, he doesn't jump in. Instead, he gives both his drones a simple set of commands. He marks the guards as enemies. He then tells his drones: > don't fire until I do. When and if I do, lay into the targets with full auto.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-20-2019, 10:33 PM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8766
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 3,331
Rapid heart rate. Shallow breathing. Clammy hands. A wreath of fire.

A wreath of fire?

Cinch is readying herself as she pulls up behind Mortar, tensed to rush the building in a moment's notice. Her eyes trail behind as the others catch up. Then her gaze becomes distant. An instant later, all the rigidity leaves her limbs. Her arms fall aimlessly at the same moment that her legs buckle and her head and torso pitch violently toward the guard house wall.

The kaleidescope of colors rush into Cinch's vision. This time, though, she is looking for something. A signature. A figure pulsing red and black in the distance. Without even realizing what she is doing, Cinch is suddenly there. The figure of a human, clearly frightened. But what now? What is she doing here?

Cinch feels a firm pressure on her back. Then a strange pressure on her face and body, like someone is pulling plastic wrap over her.

The colors fade. A man in a guard uniform appears. Cinch stares down at her hands. They are real hands. Hazy, but real. The man is typing frantically on the keyboard in front of him. Confusion reigns for a moment. Then an idea materializes. A thin, whispy voice, but her voice erupts in the room. "Ah, excellent work soldier! You and everyone on your team. This was merely a test and you have identified the threat in record time. There is no need to actually sound the alarm, you have passed with flying colors. I do suspect that you can anticipate a commendation in the morning."


OOCNote: Cinch's Astral form is very similar to her physical, but without the scar (and nose ring).
Complex action: Astral Manifestation
Corporate security: 2 hits (out of 7; spent edge to reroll with no add't success)
 
__________________
Status: Long-term outlook: Good, Short term: through the worst! (w/ updates)
GM: Sky Realm (FATE) | Magic Rising (FATE)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox, Imperial Advisor (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age)

Last edited by Roekahs; 11-20-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8549
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 3,870
Breach II
right-aligned image
Cinch Manifesting


As Cinch manifest's into the small three-meter by three-meter room, she feels the strain of holding her spectral form. Taking in her surroundings, Cinch notices the room is dimly lit and crowded with banks of monitors and a large control computer for the automated missile launchers and corresponding radar detection equipment. There is very little room in the building for the guard to move around. He currently has the holographic interface up, and the typing sounds Stranger heard were actually the Guards fingers hitting the tabletop as the guard quickly brought up a DocWagon corporate interface. As Cinch finished manifesting she could see several red squares filled with text and at the top in big red letters was,

Please Indicate the Nature of the Threat

The guard was about to hit one of the red squares when Cinch shot into action, startling the guard away from the monitor. For several seconds the guard was confused and lowered his hand. After Cinch gave her speech, the guard stood up and faced Cinch squarely. "You know, I'm just a glorified babysitter for these cameras and the automated anti-air missile defense system. I have a lot of time on my hands, and I read the Operations Manual. Twice." The guard casually picked up his hat and firmly placed it onto his head. "You might want to read it sometime. Especially the part where it says, this facility is monitored by an automated camera system; inspections aren’t deemed necessary. Unexpected inspection teams are most likely corporate saboteurs and should be denied access or otherwise dealt with." The guard smiled at Cinch's specter and was unafraid as if he knew she could not do anything to him in her astral form as he reached back and pushed the red square in the holographic display marked 'Attack Imminent' and the screen blanked briefly before displaying,

Acnowledged!
DocWagon Quick Response Team en route and Kight Errent notified!
ETA 9.87 Minutes.

The timer started counting down, and the guard smirked at Cinch as he slowly raised his hand to his comlink only for it to spark and burst into flames. With a yell, the Guard dislodged the slagged piece of technology before glaring at Cinch. He didn't wait long before marching over to a locker. Taking the credstick that was clipped to his belt, the guard unlocked the locker and pulled out a Remington 950 sniper rifle from within and snarled at Cinch, "Your decker may be able to slag my comlink, but he can't slag the other guard's ears." Slinging the rifle over his shoulder, he then started to climb up a ladder that was hidden in the dark and headed to the hatch that was in the roof.

Outside the outer building, everyone was unaware of Cinch's encounter with the other Guard as they watched Whisper apply the slap patch to the side of the guard's face. He jerked and stood up as Whisper loosed a charge of electricity into the man, then the patch took hold, and he slumped to the floor unconscious. Everyone watched as she retrieved the guard's credstick before having her attention grabbed by the computer interface blanking briefly before being replaced with the following.

Acnowledged!
DocWagon Quick Response Team en route and Kight Errent notified!
ETA 9.87 Minutes.
The timer started counting down.


OOC
  • You got two or three combat rounds before Guard #2 shoots off his very loud rifle. Note: It's not combat yet, but it will not take him long to get to the roof and fire his weapon. (the second guard did not have anything other than a Stun Baton before he grabbed the sniper rifle.)

  • The picture is actually of a Digital Wraith, but it's the closest I could find to show Cinch Manifesting with a somewhat proper backdrop.
  • I figured Stranger would finish bricking Guard #2's comlink and as it was almost there, I chose not to even roll. DM prerogative.
 

__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 11-26-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:24 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 18892
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 6,155
MortarMortar holds his breath as he 'sees' through Whisper's live-feed, as she goes in for the take-down. It works! He gives a silent nod as it seems like everything has gone off without a hitch. So intent was he on Whisper's actions, that he barely noticed Cinch's form slump right behind him.

Then, through Whisper's feed, he sees those big red words on the monitor. "What the...? Motherfragger, we're made. I ain't waiting around for the welcome wagon to come to us."

Seeing the coast clear in Whisper's room, Mortar enters the building behind her. He commands his drones to wait outside, staying out of camera-shot. Inside the building, with his terse securi-speak he says, "Good work. Jig is up. Time to clear the scene."

Bearing his heavy rifle in front of him like a cannon, Mortar moves into This is the big room to the West of Whisper's location.the other interior room,4 hits on 7 perception dice checking it for danger. If danger exists, Mortar will neutralize it. If there is none, he'll call the all-clear.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-27-2019, 06:07 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 17847
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,970
Xōchipilli¡Chingada madre! Xōch says under his breath as his video feed picks up on the warning flashing on the screen. Less than ten minutes to blow this place and disappear. Xōch would have liked at least ten minutes to just disappear.

No point being cautious now. Xōch wasn't going to go down without a fight. And he wasn't going to leave empty handed. Not now. Not when they'd already sunk so much into this.

Reaching his hand into his vest his hand bypasses his preferred stun gun and he clenches his warm fist on the cold grip of his pistol.

Pulling it from the hidden holster the techno-talker prepares to follow their most combat prepared orc. Xōch wasn't a great shot, but more bullets at the enemies was better than less.
OoCXōch will shadow Mortar and shoot at anything that he doesn't kill. But also stay in cover. Cover is very important to Xōch.
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Minor delays on my part - please standby.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-01-2019, 01:47 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 2639
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,331
Why?
left-aligned image
If the guard hadn't gone down she'd have been surprised, sure if he had been a troll...
She saw the screen and gritted her teeth. Damn. They needed more time.

She snatched up the cred stick and got the door pulling out her microfilament chainsaw and severing the auto closer arm that would pull the door closed. It wasn't stealthy but they were beyond that... Too soon.

She thrusts the cred stick into the hands of whoever is going to give Mortar the tour and heads off to locate Stranger and get him to the computer.

"Five minutes, couldn't wait five minutes while I get door... Stranger! Find a false alarm signal, or activate missiles, give knight warm welcome." She growled into her commlink. Considering the time it had taken them to get there and the time Knight was to show up in, it wasn't too far fetched that they might come by air.
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-01-2019, 11:51 AM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8766
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 3,331
The plastic wrap releases its tenuous hold on Cinch's figure. She falls back into a realm of color, her mind spinning.

Focus... focus! Ok, less than ten minutes and her body is ... well not being useful. In a blink it is there, at her feet. A glint of fire in her periphery causes Cinch to pause, but only momentarily. The little trickster had gotten her here, but it hadn't even worked.
A pain races into her mind. Sputtering and spitting out grass. The night is around her again. Cinch pulls an arm out from under her body and gingerly rubs the side of her face. "Frag!" she slams her fist into the ground. Cinch had left in too big of a hurry and apparently face-planted. "Learn something new everyday," she grumbles as she frees her other hand and pushes herself up to her feet.

The daze of the Astral merging with meatspace is completely disorienting and an added camera feed is too much to process quickly, so it doesn't occur to Cinch that the others are aware of the impending issue. "Alarm is triggered. I ... I couldn't stop him." Cinch trails off without meeting anyone's eye. "The other guard is ..." Cinch swivels about trying to orient herself. "There," she finally points. "On top of the hut. He's got a big boy gun too. We need to take care of that or we are sitting ducks. Mortar?" Great, ask the combat-tank of an Ork to fix your problems for you. Great work.


OOC
 
[/QUOTE]
__________________
Status: Long-term outlook: Good, Short term: through the worst! (w/ updates)
GM: Sky Realm (FATE) | Magic Rising (FATE)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox, Imperial Advisor (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8549
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 3,870
ETA 9.71 minutes and counting...
right-aligned image
Battle Map


Mortar banged on the door, and seconds later, Whisper opened to let everyone in and sabotaged the spring mechanism in the process so that the door wouldn't swing shut. Tossing the credstick to Xōchipilli, Whisper berated Stranger as the other Orc came huffing in through the open door shortly after everyone else did. Whether Stranger said something to Whisper in reply, the others couldn't hear before he headed directly to the guard's computer terminal his foot hitting the unconscious guard who let out a slight groan, his arm sliding from his chest to the he's still unconceousefloor.

With Xoch opening the inner door, Mortar stepped in, his gyro arm lightly scraping the door jam in his rush as he swept the gun around the room. Other than boxes, the place is empty. His keen eyes spot the fixed camera to his immediate right, and he notices something else too. Done in the storage room, Mortar shouts, "CLEAR!" In the other narrow room, everyone is on edge but ready; Whisper cuts a few more door spring mechanism's as Mortar and Xoch enter back in from the other room. The clock is ticking down, having everyone on edge. Two loud shots fill the air from outside, followed by a faint whistle lets everyone present know; they were on the clock.



OOC
  • Combat will start as soon as you exit the door leading into the inner area around the factory. Remember, though, if you spend a lot of time in the outer building, the other guards will have time to get ready. More than likely, the guards are spread out at the moment.
    • Remember, you can only move your AGILITY x2 in meters without penalty(is considered Walking).
    • Anything beyond that up to AGILITY x4 in meters(is considered Running) and will give you –2 dice pool modifier to all actions performed while running and opponents will have a -2 dice pool modifier to Charging into melee combat is different and actually gives you a bonusshot you, and you must also take the Free Action: RUN every Initiative Pass until initiative starts over again. (I believe this is to indicate that you are winded from the run)
    • Note: AGILITY x4 is as far as you can move without Sprinting in an ENTIRE Initiative Round!
    • If you wish to move beyond this during combat, you will have to take the Complex Action: SPRINT. Hit's equal how far you can move in meters.

  •  
  • One question Wynamoinen: I know you bought some gell/stick-n-shock rounds, and I assume that's in your personal guns. Do your drones have the same ammo? Or are they packing lethal?
 

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Map 2.png
Views:	74
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	82427  
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 12-07-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 18892
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 6,155
MortarMortar sweeps the adjacent room and yells the all-clear. But he doesn't emerge for a few more moments.

His usual speech has a slow drawl to it. But he's all business now, and speaks in a more rapid efficient tone that lacks some of the rougher edges of his Undergrounder dialect. "OK, we're safe here for a moment. If we've got multiple alarms going off, we don't want to wait more than a moment." He hikes a thumb to the room he just emerged from. "More than a few medkits in there. Might want to grab some on the way out. I ain't loading up now."

He looks around the group as they file into the small space. He nods at Cinch's intel about the guards. He doesn't give her any reproach - maybe he doesn't know it was her, maybe he doesn't care.

"Bottom line: any of you got the range to hit that guy on the rooftop? If not, I'll go first, and I'll throw more than a few bullets at the problem. But the longer we can keep them thinking we're a small time threat, the better. They're not going to think that if they hear me opening up."

Mortar stages himself next to the door that leads to the compound. The leaves room for someone to step in and go first, to take their shot. But he doesn't honestly expect any volunteers. He takes a few deep breaths to calm himself and settle his aim. He nods that he is ready to go to whoever holds the credstick to open the door.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-12-2019, 11:31 AM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2020
RPXP: 6786
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 3,012
Stranger
Stranger ceded the terminal to the more capable hacker. If he could disable the alarm, all's the better. If he couldn't, no harm, no foul. Instead he listened to Mortar give his situational assessment. His fleshy fingers went to his over-built arm and began manipulating the area around the bicep. After a couple of turns and twists, a compartment popped open and he wiggled out a compact weapon they had seen before. Compact but bulbous, that is. He pressed the mechanical arm into his chest and the metallic door clicked closed again. Transferring the SMG into his cybernetic side, the drum magazine spun and settled on the ammo he mentally commanded to the smartgun. Though the little Ares had a forestock grip the tall orc held it in the one hand, trusting the mechanically enhanced limb to do a better job of holding it steady. "My gun is more bark than bite. I can use it to keep people's heads down while you get closer. I could probably take out this guard if I throw enough lead, but it won't be any less quiet than what you've got unless Rinelle can do her thing." He pulled a pocket on his vest open and showed some grenades there. "I can also throw some smoke to get us to the tower if his perch is too dug in to take him out. He's cut off because I fried his comm, but I don't think we should leave him out here without taking him down. He's not using smartguns which is bad because I can't remove that threat, but good, because unless he is a hobby sharpshooter, he isn't going to be as accurate with it." He poked his head out the door and back in again.
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
scuttling across the floors of silent seas
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8766
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 3,331
Cinch pulls her pistol from the hidden pocket and checks the ammo. The stick 'n shock is in it. At least she remembered to do that. When Mortar asks about range, though, Cinch's eyes fall to her pathetic weapon. It sure as drek isn't hitting the sniper position.

Then a wreath of flame. Again. A tugging sensation at the edge of her mind. A thought unbidden. "No." she states flatly to no one in particular. A glance around the room, however, reminds her of their predicament. Perhaps she is the only one that can clear this path. "I have the range, but this might not work. Either way we have to be ready to move."

With a sigh, Cinch falls to a knee at the open doorway. Then she inches her face out into the opening and quickly locates the sniper. The flames wreathing her vision begin to dance excitedly and she feels the welling of power. A moment later it is released. Without waiting, Cinch sends a thought along the line:

This job ain't worth it! Just a babysitter! Throw down the gun and surrender and maybe they won't shoot me dead.


OOCCasting Control Thoughts: 4 total hits (with edge reroll)
Successfully resisted drain.
 
__________________
Status: Long-term outlook: Good, Short term: through the worst! (w/ updates)
GM: Sky Realm (FATE) | Magic Rising (FATE)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox, Imperial Advisor (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age)
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-14-2019, 01:27 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-23-2020
RPXP: 2639
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,331
Get to work
left-aligned image
"I go find other loner and silence. You lot assault main facility, or whatever." She waves them off invisibility and hiding her saw and waits for Cinch to move out of the way
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-16-2019, 12:03 AM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2020
RPXP: 8549
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 3,870
ETA 9.03 minutes and counting...
right-aligned image
Battle Map


Xōchipilli quickly plugged his comlink into the security station and logged in using the guards credstick. After some searching, Xoch managed to find the security alert and got to work only to be held up by a problem with his modified I honestly couldn't find what comlink you are using by looking at your character sheet.

Anyway, you listed your comlink in the OOC Thread as 0/4/4/4, meaning it has no Attack Rating, which is what the Crack File matrix action uses as it's Limit
comlink. Unable to crack the protected file, he switched out with Stranger and let the Orc have a shot at it. It only took him two UngainlyFool, I'm certain you would have had more dice by running different program's, but I got a little lazy and just rolled your base skill attempts, and then he was unplugging his deck and letting Xōchipilli get back to work via AR. With the file encryption bypassed, in no time at all, he had changed the alert status from 'Attack Imminent' to 'Threat Neutralized' and quickly unplugged his comlink and reset the device as Stranger had done with his deck, no reason to take chances. The screen changed from the previous response in red to:

Acnowledged!
Secure suspects and prepare them for Kight Errant's arrival!
ETA 9.03 Minutes.

With that done, Stranger and Mortar got ready to throw gel rounds at the guard with the sniper rifle. Both claimed that they would be quite loud about it before asking if anyone could take the guard out. Surprisingly, the hesitant medic of the group stepped up and wanted to try something. When Xoch opened the door for everyone, Cinch moved the six meters to the O5corner of the factory where she the Take Cover action is a Simple Action but casting a spell is a Complex Actionstood after spotting the man, Cinch cast her Control Thoughts Complext Action unless you take more Drain to use Reckless Spellcasting action as a Simple Action.spell upon him.

Franklin Fin, aka Frank to his friends, was not panicking. Nope. No siree. He had worked for DocWagon for nearly three years as a technician before he got assigned to this exceedingly boring assignment. Other than shooting the occasional small critter that got onto the grounds, or that time old man Wadsworth had his drone fly too close to the perimeter and get shot down by the facilities automated air defense, his job had been quite boring. 'And now I'm standing here on this ladder with my head sticking out of the roof waiting to get it shot off!!!' When he had talked with that girl trying to pose as a DocWagon official, he had remained calm as he knew she couldn't harm him thanks to that young punk Matthew's constant bragging about his abilities and the inherent difficulties of astral projection. Swinging his rifle over to the left, Frank waited for someone to come barreling around the corner of the facility. 'Who had the bright idea not to give me a view of the shipping/receiving building's outer door! And what the hell is taking these runners so long to come at me?' Nope, he wasn't panicking. With that thought, he aimed back south, and in his scope, he saw a young woman looking at him. Frank knew he should have pulled the trigger and whittled down the runner's numbers, but he couldn't help but think, 'This job ain't worth it! Just a babysitter! Throw down the gun and surrender, and maybe they won't shoot me dead.' Raising, Frank tossed his rifle onto the building's roof and raised his hands before shouting, "I surrender! I'll come out!" And he did just that. As he passed through the security room to the outer door, Frank saw that the alert he had sent out was canceled. "Great! Nine minutes until I get fired for surrendering to the suspects." With a sigh, Frank opened the outer door and exited the building to walk towards the shadowrunners with his hands raised.



OOC
  • Well, I thought it would be a Combat Round but it looks like not As long as Cinch continues to maintain her spell until the guy is bound and depending on what you all do, the guard will walk to you and in about 20 seconds will be next to Cinch where he can be bound/knocked out and put with the other guy.
  • As only a little bit of time has passed. I want everyone to list in their post where on the map they are located at(for example, Cinch is currently at O5 where I put her). I'll update the map accordingly.
 
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 12-16-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB