Game Thread Chapter 2: Demolition Run! - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > An Untimely Encounter > Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 01-04-2020, 06:21 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 19557
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 11,243
Xōchipilli Xōch looks on with disappointment as his fiery dragon breath is deflected by the cruel champions might shield.

Then in a brilliant burst of electrical energy the champion falls to the ground, limp and unconscious.

Turning to see from where such brilliant flash of electrical energy came, Xōch saw the most splendid looking winged serpent.

Dios mío.

His eyes were wide and sparkling as he feasted upon the great serpent with brilliant multicolored wings and eyes, not those of a snake, but human eyes, that glimmer with intense awareness. Her dark scales were marked with shining spots that glimmered like stars with faint red stripes spanning the length of her body.

Qué bonita.

Xōch was transfixed by Rinelle, almost to the point of forgetting that there was a battle raging on against these dark knights who dare try to tame the dragon.

Screaming for reinforcements, the remaining guard caught Xōch’s attention, and drew him away from the beautiful lightning beast.

You think to summon a troll!?

A conjurer!

How had they been so foolish?

Always kill the mages first!

Xōch said to no one in particular.

Roaring in anger, the dragon-persona of Xōch breathes a larger gout of fire at the remaining guard hoping to eliminate him before he summons any more trolls to join the battle.
OoCComplex Action: SA Burst; 5 hits, 3 hits, 5 hits – 6P
Initiative next pass: 11
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
I believe I am up to date.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-05-2020, 08:50 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 4,059
~
right-aligned image


And suddenly the gunshots stopped, and other than the machinery and the last guards shout of "RUN!!!" echoing in the group's ears that he had shouted before Xōchipilli's bullet dented the man's armor, and Mortar's spray of gel rounds worked there way up from the guard's stomach to his face. Not a single shot of the Orc's six-round burst missed the unlucky guard. There was no doubt in Mortar's mind that the unfortunate guard would feel that in the morning.

Thanks to the mage relying only on a normal Invisibility spell, Mortar's drones could easily spot what Stranger was shooting. Still, the drone needed time to stabilize itself before getting a bead on the mage before firing off a burst from its gun turret. The garage door quickly opened in under a second. Stranger could see the mage's hazy outline well enough to also put a few rounds into the Mage as he under the open the garage door before visibly appearing and falling outside onto the wet gravel. The mage was down and all that remained was a Troll to deal with. The day was looking up.

As for Whisper, she was slightly winded as she jogged up to the east door of the factory and was surprised when it suddenly opened. The Troll from the basement hand wide eyes and was breathing heavily as he rushed past while griping an Enfield AS-7 Shotgun. Apparently, even Trolls can be scared. It was only due to the Troll's inability to corner tightly that prevented him from unknowingly running Whisper over. As it was she was surprised enough that before she could react, the Troll had a two-meter head start on her.


Combat OrderPass1Pass2Pass3Special
Stranger 17 7 -- -2 Dice pool to attackPartial Cover; Cinch's +2Armor
Drone 1&2 16 6 -- 
Whisper 13 3 -- Credstick
Mortar 12 2 --  
Xōchipilli 11 1 -- Credstick; Cram; -2 Dice pool to attackPartial Cover
Rinelle 11 1 -- -2 Dice pool to attackPartial Cover; -2 Dice poolSustaining Invisibility spell
Troll11 1 --  
Cinch 10 -- -- -2 Dice poolSustaining spell
The Pass highlighted in blue is the current Initiative Pass.


OOC
  • Xoch, you couldn't see Rinelle as she is still invisible. Though, as he is hyped up on drugs I suppose Xoch could have still seen her in his mind's eye
  • I'll put up a map next post. When I get home! It'll have to be a new map as the combat area is wider than any of the others.
 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Map 4a.png
Views:	89
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	82723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Map 4b.png
Views:	88
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	82724  
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: Mostly UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p

Last edited by Silk; 01-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-06-2020, 12:46 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 20392
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 6,363
MortarMortar laughs and laughs as he rattles off round after round after round. A few shots graze off his armor, but he barely even notices. Finally, it seems like he's the only one shooting. He pulls his finger off the trigger. His drone rattles off one last burst at the fleeing mage, and the room goes almost silent. Apparently this front of the battle is over.

With a wide grin on his face, he shouts "Someone mentioned a big scary troll? Where is he? Let me at..." but then he cuts himself off. He lets out a deliberate breath. He inhales, then holds it, trying to tamp down the rush of adrenaline. If there's ever a time to be a professional...

He exhales to speak in a calmer tone of voice, "Everyone good in here? Charges go in the basement. Troll's in the basement. But I'm not going to have any action in our rear. Give me a few. Clear out this floor, then call in our specialist." Presumably, by this he means Saint James, without saying the name out loud.

Mortar gives his drones a >Continue following Stranger command, and keeps their video feeds in the top-left corner of his AR feed, so that he can see what gets flushed out. Mortar grumbles to himself that his drones were kicking too much from recoil, souring their aim, as he turns to his left. There are a few doors there, and doors can mean nasty surprises. Mortar levels his gun, and moves through the doorway. I'll be the nasty surprise here today.
OOCMortar moves through the door at D6. If he's got the movement, he'll make sure that both the meeting room and the bathroom are empty. If they're not, he'll shoot just about anything that moves in there. I'm pretty sure, meta-game, that there's nobody in there, but Mortar is going to do this job right.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.

Status: Pandemicked? Please forgive any delays on my part, and advance games as necessary in my absence.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 01-06-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-07-2020, 11:50 AM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 7512
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 3,082
StrangerThe death machines hovered overhead and one of them sprayed another volley of bullets into the mage. Stranger almost melted into jelly at relief. If the mage happened to get outside, there was no telling what ugly business he would have gotten into. There wasn't time to break though. A troll guard was being summoned from below and they didn't have much time. He might as well be using a rubber band gun against a troll with the firepower he had. It was a little late to try and find and disable Bill's guns with his other weapon though. But he might as well try.

He got up from his spot by the forklift and made his way over to better cover from the stairs on the west side of the building. "Xoch, can you try an convince the Troll to stand down?" He looked over at the drugged up face wondering if anything he said would get through. Chuck knew if he tried, it would probably incite the Doc Wagon employee to a bloody rage instead.

Stranger watched the other orc over to the break room in a clearing maneuver, thankful for the load of guns Mortar had brought with him. But that's as far as the thankfulness extended at the moment. Sending a mental command to his deck, he checked in AR for Bolton Wren.


OOC
 
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
scuttling across the floors of silent seas

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-07-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-13-2020, 01:17 AM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 19557
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 11,243
Xōchipilli
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
"Xoch, can you try an convince the Troll to stand down?"
God, is that you?

Xōch’s eyes go wide, his dilated pupils filling almost the entirety of his deep brown irises.

The resonate voice came to him from beyond and the illusions all washed away.

No longer was he burdened with the sight of Rinelle-coatl, and his wings fell off and his fiery breath was quenched – for he had heard the chorus of the angels sing as the words of the Lord pierced the veil and spoke directly unto him, and he was humbled. It felt as though Saint George himself had run his spear through Xōch’s heart and it was filled with the warmth and light that was the strange disembodied voice calling to him through a clarion call.

The command was clear; convince the philistine to turn the other cheek.

Putting his sling away, Xōch began to make his way down the south road, the road in the desert to spread the word of god. Taking his shepherd crook and leading the flock Xōch began by moving towards where the troll had been just moments before and began calling out.

Bill, oh Bilton. Bilton Wren, come and hear the word of the prophet!

Moving closer and calling out to the troll, Xōch takes up a position still inside the building calling out to the troll.

Come my child, there has been enough battle today. Your brethren lay scattered and you are all that are left of this once wicked place which will soon be cleansed.

Come, lay down your weapons and cast those swords into plowshares. You are alone against us, but you can be, and will be spared, only put down the gun and you will live to go home and celebrate life once more, for god commands you go in peace and so shall you go.

For you are a SINner in the hands of an angry god! Your wickedness makes you heavy as lead, hanging with great weight towards hell; and should go release you, you would immediately descend swiftly into the bottomless gulf, and your mighty troll constitution, and your own preparedness, would have no more influence to uphold you and keep you out of hell, than a spider’s web would have to stop a plummeting rock. Only by the sovereign grace of God, the earth bears your twistedness for the moment; for you are a burden; the sun does not willingly shine upon you; the earth does not willingly yield to your lusts, not while you spend your life in the service of God’s enemies. God’s creatures are good, and were made for men to serve God with, and do not willingly subserve to DocWagon. It is the sovereign pleasure of God, for the present, that you live through this night, and such I ask of you, no I beg, of you as his servant and his prophet, lay down your gun.

Live this night, live to see the sun rise on the morrow.


Xōch slams his hands against a nearby chair.

O SINner! You are in great and fearful danger: a never ending bottomless pit, a hell furnace which burns full of fire and wrath and ruin, you are held over the precipice by a single gentle hand. Throw down than gun, and live.

LIVE, I beg of you!


Throwing his hands up in the air the Cram addled Xōch yells, Can I get an Amen!?
OoCI really considered doing a line of novacoke…

Also, I may never play Xōch sober again.

Xōch should be able to move within range, I'm not really concerned with where exactly. I’m not sure what kind of roll or what sort of penalties apply so I’ll let you roll, but I have 11 dice in both Negotiation and Leadership, and since this is the first time trying to convince Bill my First Impressions Quality gives me +2
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
I believe I am up to date.

Last edited by wodine; 01-14-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:07 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 4,059
9:35 and counting down

Stranger quickly found the Troll's PAN as it was the only one that was moving that was not his fellow runners and Whisper silently sent an alert to everyone to pay attention to her comlink feed and indicated where she was as and that she had a good view of the troll's backside. Whisper refrained from attacking as she doubted a slap patch, and a shock would take the Troll down. And the one thing she did not want was to have the troll swing his shotgun in her direction and fill the area behind him with pellet rounds, or worse, flechette. Mortar quickly scanned the break room, and other than an empty gun where the AK's were kept until neededcase, it looked like your average break room and declared the room's clear.

As the Troll peaked around the corner, he spotted Cinch at the door which was already aiming in his direction and then
Xōchipilli stepped outside and started spouting scripture. Now Bill was not that religious of a man. Sure, he went to church and said his prayers inspire his kids to believe in something in this messed up world, but he didn't want to believe. But when a shadow runner team took out everyone else and then called out to him by name and started spouting scripture in an intoxicated state, Bill began to believe he might just meet his maker today. Making a decision, Bill called out, "Alright! I'm surrendering!" This was quickly followed by Bill tossing out his shotgun and him stepping out with his hands held high. Bill the Troll almost wetted himself when he felt the business end of what had to be a Whispers stun baton currently turned offshotgun pressed against his lower back and Whisper...well whispered to him in a fake male accent, "Good boy, now march." From Whisper's video feed, everyone can see the troll had no other weapons on him.


Combat OrderPass1Pass2Pass3Special
Stranger 17 7 -- -2 Dice pool to attackPartial Cover; Cinch's +2Armor
Drone 1&2 16 6 -- 
Whisper 13 3 -- Credstick
Mortar 12 2 --  
Xōchipilli 11 1 -- Credstick; Cram; -2 Dice pool to attackPartial Cover
Rinelle 11 1 -- -2 Dice pool to attackPartial Cover; -2 Dice poolSustaining Invisibility spell
Troll11 1 --  
Cinch 10 -- -- -2 Dice poolSustaining spell
The Pass highlighted in blue is the current Initiative Pass.


OOC
  • Sorry about the delay.
  • Good Job everyone! Combat is over! Now all that needs being done is for someone to call Saint James and go get the demolition packs and lug them to the Factory
 
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: Mostly UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p

Last edited by Silk; 01-13-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-15-2020, 07:13 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 20392
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 6,363
Mortar"Clear!" Mortar shouts, emerging from the break room. Keeping an eye on Whisper's feed, which doesn't look like any assistance is needed, he moves back into the main room. When his guns is leveled, he walks with a sort of crab walk, keeping his torso unnaturally stable. It comes either from training or the gyroscopes active in the harness he wears. Since the immediate danger is gone, he brings his muzzle up, at ease. His legs straighten but his spine slouches as he stands in a more natural pose.

He walks slowly, obviously reading the outputs of his helmet visor. "I know I got the number somewhere. Ja... James.... No? Oh, I put it under 'Saint', right. There it is, calling." There is a pause, as the remove comm rings, and then Mortar starts talking. "Hi. Yeah, Mortar. You're clear. Road's open, first floor's open. Should be all clear downstairs, but we'll know for sure by the time you arrive. Head on in."

"OK," he says to everyone still nearby. "Troll was supposed to be the only one downstairs, yeah? I'm going to make sure. Backup is appreciated." Mortar walks in his security-guard plod over to the top of the stairs on the east side of the building. At the top, he brings his gun back down to level. He bends his knees, squares his shoulders, and begins his crab-walk down the stairs. His drones, by some unseen command, take their position. One goes just ahead of him, and one goes behind the last person who chooses to follow in Mortar's path.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.

Status: Pandemicked? Please forgive any delays on my part, and advance games as necessary in my absence.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 01-15-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-15-2020, 10:01 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is online now
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 18718
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 5,181
RinelleWith Mortar's assurance that the room was clear, Rinelle drops the invisibility. The look on her face in one part baffled confusion, one part pure admiration and she beams that directly at Xoch. His tirade was a thing of hideous beauty, the kind of madness one could only create if they were truly deranged or baked out of the skull on something heavy. Never in a million years would she have bet on that affirmation actually having the desired impact. It seems one cannot overvalue a winning personality in even the most stressful situations. Bracing the shotgun on her shoulder, she scans the room to confirm the status of all the others she can see.

"Did that actually go well? Like, for real?" After having put a round into that security guard's back earlier, she is filled with regret at not having a shotgun that she can rack the slide on. The Deputy is a top-notch piece of slug-throwing equipment with a sleek design and triggerless firing but there are some things that are truly better the old way. A quick skip-step carries her toward Mortar as he moves to clear the rest of the building, dropping the gun back into a proper hold and aiming it to his left a safe two feet.

"I'm with you, big guy." She shoots the metal birds a glance as they fall into position around them. Drones were never her thing and her tech knowledge was basic at best, but if they could throw out bullets the way they had moments ago she was damn happy to have them on her six.
__________________
Inh Reach: M / W, Inh Heartlands: Tu / Th

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-16-2020, 12:36 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 2904
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,370
Shotgun!
left-aligned image
She tossed herself against the wall out of the trolls way as he barreled out and away. She pushed herself clear and made off after him. She'd been prepared to tackle and shock the bejeebers out of him, but Xoch comes out and spurts a load of nonsense most dramatically. Bill smartly surrendered and Whisper quickly pulled out some of her tools to pretend she had a gun, as he moved she covertly retrieved his shotgun.

"Who moving bodies out of blast radius, and what do we want to do with tiny?" She asked into her comm

Speech is subvocal
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 01-16-2020 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:17 AM
Roekahs Roekahs is online now
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 9664
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 3,530
Cinch watches in rapt fascination as the room explodes in gunfire. Bodies tumble to the ground all around the room. A few last bursts and then the comms come alive.

The troll? Cinch spins. There. Dead line of sight. Her heart leaps out of her throat as she fumbles for her gun. Then, from behind, a familiar yet strange voice. As Xoch passes, Cinch glances his way and her heart drops right back through her throat, through her chest and deep into the floor. She has seen the effects of drugs enough times to know that the prophesizing Xoch is hopped up on something. All those little butterflies she got around him suddenly flew away even as she tried to capture at least one to save some semblance of her former view of the good looking runner. The only two categories are druggies and not. There are some who claim recreational use, but she has never seen such a feat ever accomplished. She has only seen the spiral. And now she has evidence that Xoch has set foot directly on that spiral.

Somehow, Cinch manages to shake the disconcerting thoughts away. Xoch and - presumably - Whisper have managed to corral the troll. Mortar and Rinelle are preparing to clear the building. As Cinch recovers her senses, her heart leaps back up into her chest and starts thudding wildly. Does she dare? With a deep breath she plunges her vision back into the colorful world.
One, two, three ... four, five, six, seven ... eight, nine ... ten, eleven, twelve. Twelve? There were six of them and ... six guards in the building, right?
Cinch pulls back through the thin veil and calls out over the comm, "I see twelve signatures at this building - including us right outside. Nothing in the basement. I think that accounts for everyone, right?"

Then Cinch turns to Xoch, "Xoch, you there? We need to get these guards tied up and out of the building. You up for it?"


OOC

Move:
Complex Action:
Free Action:
Standard Action:
Standard Action:
 
__________________
Status: Settled into a new routine as good as can be expected
GM: Sky Realm (FATE) | Magic Rising (FATE) | Blackbrooke (PbtA)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox, Imperial Advisor (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age)

Last edited by Roekahs; 01-19-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 01-20-2020, 08:50 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 4,059
4:21 and counting down
right-aligned image
Saint James


Surprisingly, once the Troll found out his fellow DocWagon guards were merely rendered unconscious, he was more than willing to help move his friends wherever you told him to. He was still watchful, but the fact that you used suppression rounds got his hopes up about living to see the dawn.

Those who went back to grab the detination packs soon heard the whine of a high-performance electric engine and saw a man all in black riding up the access road to the Factory on an electric racing bike. Saint James's message of, "I'm here" steadied everyone's nerves at his arrival. Parking his bike and entering the outer building, James spotted the row of unconscious guards with various gell and stick-n-shock rounds still embedded in the guard's armor. Warily eyeing the DocWagon Troll bringing in the unconscious mage, Saint James said, "Put them on the far side of the gully, and your friends should be safe."

Spotting the countdown at the security terminal, James grinned under his helmet and nodded with satisfaction saying, "Plenty of time." With that, he motioned for those with the detination packs to fallow him. It took him a minute with each charge, and even with the pressure of the clock, Saint James's movements were calm and unrushed. Finally done with double-checking everything, Saint James exited the building and held up a wireless detonator to everyone not watching the Troll. "The timers are set for one minute, but if you wish, two rapid press's will bypass the timer and detonate the explosives immediately." Eyeing everyone, he passed the detonator to Cinch, "I've observed that those who hang back when the explosives are being planted have the best level head on their shoulders." As he walked to his bike, he sent a text to everyone, << Meet me back at the hotel. We'll settle up there. >>




OOC:
  • You will know that the guard's credsticks will point to being involved with the destruction of the factory. If anyone is still planning on taking one, let me know. It'll be something to keep track of.
  • You have only North and South for a direction to head when you leave, though, in a few miles in either direction, you will have East and West roads that you could follow. Not to mention the numerous two tracks available(I live in the country, and there are several around where I live ). Depending on which way you go, decides if you encounter something along the way. Since Mortar is driving it is his decision though everyone can make suggestions.
  • I'll need a decision on what is to be done with the Troll. 4 slap patches can render him unconscious, or you can just bind him but...well he's a Troll and only the strongest bindings will hold.
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: Mostly UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p

Last edited by Silk; 01-20-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-21-2020, 05:12 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 2904
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,370
Babysitting
left-aligned image
"Alright Bill, let's get your buddies to the other side of the gully" Whisper tells him, she hands the shotgun off to whichever ally is closest.
"But know I'll be watching you, you try to misbehave and I'll burn your soul from your body" She threatens as if it's the most casual thing ever while focusing her powers causing a translucent blue flame [Killing hands] to appear over her invisible hands that she holds up in an upward claw.
"Capiche?" She asks dismissing the effect

Whisper keeps a close eye on their captive.

Whisper is using a fake male accent, I feel she sounds like Haggard from Bad company
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-22-2020, 06:55 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 20392
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 6,363
MortarIt's not that Mortar doesn't trust the deckers and mages and all that. They say there's no one else here. He believes them. And yet... he wants to see with his own eyes. And given that one of the finger-wigglers follows him, he feels all the more justified. So down he goes, sweeping the basement for threats as Saint James makes his transit.

After a brief sweep, Mortar has the attention to summon his truck, as well. James will need it, since the charges are in the bed. When the last nook of the sublevel has been prodded with physical eyesight, Mortar again relaxes his aim. He takes a breath. "CLE...." he begins to bellow, and then realizes that only Rinelle is there with him. The hum of the drones always makes it feel like a crowd. "Ahem. Looks good." He says in a more moderate voice to his shotgun-toting wing-lady. "Clear," he adds over comms.

Muting comms and flipping up the visor of his helmet, Mortar says to Rinelle, "Looks like that's the end of my expertise." Seeing his truck tracking through the main gate of the compound on his AR feed, he commands his drones to return home: to rest back in their rack. The truck pulls up to the front door and the tailgate pops of its own volition, waiting for the contents to be swapped.

Swaggering back up stairs, Mortar re-traces his steps. He exits the building. As the drones settle into their homes, he takes his rifle out of its harness, and then begins unloading the explosives from his truck. James pulls up soon after, and Mortar says, "Hoi. No dangers inside. Ready for you to do your thing." As James makes himself busy, Mortar spends a moment looking longingly at the missile launchers towering over the back side of the building. Boy, I could do a lot with those things. If I could just jimmy one out of... He shakes his head. No, it'd take too long. But.... one of my grenades would make those things go up like... He shakes his head more vigorously. No, no! Do the job. Waste of a grenade. Maybe James will let me push the button when it's all set to go up.

With a sigh, Mortar trudges over the room where he discovered the Medkit stockpiles. He begins hauling as many of those things he can back to his truck, filling up any space where he won't have to cram a teammate when it's time to extract.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.

Status: Pandemicked? Please forgive any delays on my part, and advance games as necessary in my absence.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-22-2020, 10:19 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-10-2020
RPXP: 19557
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 11,243
Xōchipilli Xōch had reached the point where his teeth were beginning to vibrate.

He hated that feeling.

Hey. Stop it. Cálmese.

He said softly to his teeth as he started flitting around the warehouse, helping to relocate bodies.

He had to stay busy. He had to keep doing things. If he stopped, well he didn’t know what would happen but it could be bad, and he couldn’t take that chance now could he?

Moving around from place to place he secured bodies, moved bodies, then moved them again, then went to help Bill, then went to help mortar, than rearranged the bodies again. So much time and so little to do.

Wait.

No that’s right.


When St. James finally came rolling in Xōch waved like an excitedly sheepish school girl, forgetting his place altogether and dropping one of the guards he was dragging. His dopey grin turned to confusion as the guard hit the ground and Xōch disappeared behind one of the machines as he bent over to retrieve the unconscious, and now somewhat bruised, guard.

He’s okay.

Xōch said as he continued dragging the guard towards the decided destination.

Xōch was very fast and efficient at everything he was doing… unfortunately he only did each thing for thirty seconds before he started doing something else, and then eventually went back to another thing he had already started, but he was making progress – and that’s what mattered.

Throughout his helping he chattered almost nonstop, much of it making not sense to anyone who could hear him.

…outside time without extension who from the heights of divine apathia divine athambia divine aphasia loves us dearly…

…the firmament that is to say blast hell to heaven so blue still and calm so calm with a calm…

…la cabeza al mismo tiempo paralelamente no se sabe por qué a pesar del tenis a lo siguiente la barba la llama los llantos las piedras tan azules tan tranquilas ay la cabeza la cabeza la cabeza…

…el tenis el fútbol las carreras y a pie y en bicicleta la natación la equitación la aviación la conación el tenis el remo el patinaje y sobre hielo y sobre asfalto…

…Nun verlaß ich diese Hütte, Meiner Liebsten Aufenthalt, Wandle mit verhülltem Schritte Durch den öden, finstern Wald…

…Al caer la tarde en la cima de esa montaña, florecía todas las noches una rosa que otorgaba la inmortalidad…


After all the bodies had been moved and the crates secured, Xōch looked around, suddenly very thirsty.

Is anyone else’s mouth dry? We should get drinks later.

Para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien, también.


Xōch smiles, and scurries into the night to ride out before the place blows.
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
I believe I am up to date.

Last edited by wodine; 01-23-2020 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-28-2020, 10:09 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 4,059
BOOM! Shaklaka!
Bill is intimidated by Whisper's spectral glowing hand and follows any orders given to him. He accepts being cuffed and sits down next to his fellow guards once the last one is placed on the wet grass. He looks a little lost as he mumbles, "No matter what I tell them, I'm going to get fired." It was just a fact of life that the Metahumans get the worst deal when life goes sideways. He thought he had a good life working for DocWagon, and now here he was sitting watching his life get flushed back down the gutter. He looks towards the Factory as the guy in black gets back on his quiet motorcycle and rides away. Soon a truck followed by a motorcycle that was loud enough to wake the dead drove up without anyone riding them. He didn't need to be a genius to figure out the shadow runners were getting ready to leave. Standing up, Bill growled to get the attention of the invisible runner, "This ain't going to work. You have to knock me out like you did the others." Getting no immediate response, he bellowed as only a Troll could, "You have to! I can't let my kids grow up in a sewer as I did!" Once again, a pause with no reply, then taking a step towards the Factory, he said, "Fine! Then I'll just go mess up whatever your friends are planning and have them do it." The sound of crackling electricity filled the air, and the Troll stopped. When Whisper replied with a curt "Don't resist" the Troll sagged and said, "Sure. You have my th-EARGH!" Electricity coursed through his body, and Bill twitched and twitched. Whisper touched here and there, trying to make it seem like he was in a fight. Still, it took a while before the Troll fell over unconscious near his fellow guardsmen. Whisper checked his bindings, and though the manacles were bent and twisted, they still held fast. Unfortunately, she was down to two charges left in her gloves after putting the big guy down.

With the bombs set, and the guards dragged outside, Stranger accessed the network to look to see where the video feed is kept and found the physical storage device is on sight and will go up with the rest of the factory. As for the little bit of video sent to DocWagon's central data network, it will be partially corrupted thanks to all the wifi Noise in the area. Or so Stranger hoped. He could try a run on it, but time was ticking, and he decided not to. Gathering up all the guards credstick's, he shoved them into his faraday pocket for later. Entering the storage area of the outer building, he could already see the others loading up boxes that Mortar had pointed out to everyone. There was still a lot you could grab, but those items Mortar had pointed out were the cream of the crop. And besides, you didn't have the space in the back of the truck to fit much more anyway. Mortar came back from another sweep grumbling about stubborn missile housings, and his drones buzzed everyone's heads as they flew into the back of his truck.

right-aligned image
Soon everyone squeezed into the truck except for Xōchipilli and Stranger who got onto Xoch's bike. The latter was debating if it was a good idea to have a drugged up Xoch driving, but the man in question didn't give the other much time to voice his doubts, let alone settle securely into his seat. With a roar of thunder and insane laughter, Xōchipilli pealed out and headed down the access road before heading south, back to Seattle. Mortar didn't take it slow as he followed him. In the back, Whisper was looking at Cinch fiddling with the detonator, and as she had not turned off her video feed yet, everyone could hear Cinch muttering, "I-I've never b-blown anything up before. S-should I do it now or wait? Are we at a safe distance? Oh hell with it..." Only the people in the back of Mortars truck heard the rest as Whisper chose that moment to turn off her camera. It was all moot as a brilliant flash, and a rumbling roar came from behind them. What may have been said next was forever lost as a GMC Bulldog Step-Van with the words DocWagon stenciled on the side came careening around a corner and almost splattered Xōchipilli and Stranger. Mortar, who had caught up with the duo, had to slam on his breaks and swerve, or he would clip the Bulldog. Heart pounding, Mortar could only stare as the DocWagon van kept going down the road at high speed. Whoever they were, Mortar knew they weren't the Quick Response Team. They would have come by air.

OOC
  • As no one decided on a path to take away from the factory, I decided to pick option #3
  • Your characters don't know this, but that van is carrying supplies for the factory and the midnight shift change. If you all had decided to wait and observe for a few minutes more before going into the factory, they would have been pulling up as Saint James was leaving
  • I will need Piloting checks from both Mortar and Xōchipilli!

  • Items gained:
    159 nuyen from the guards credsticks(those poor, poor guards)
    8 packaged with no active RFID tags in them, you can get 60-80% of the Medkits value.Medkits(2-R4, 2-R5, & 4-R6)
    18 packaged medkit supplies
    16 Stim Patches[R4]
    10 Tranq Patches[R4]
    20 Trauma Patches

    (medkits weigh .5 kilo each, and the supplies & patches weigh 8 kilos total). They are bulky in their boxes.
__________________

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: Mostly UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB