Game Thread (Simic/Selesnya Ch. 1) "It's life, Kitrill, but not as we know it..." - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Ravnica: Reconstructed > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 10:38 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,227
Gruul - Minotaur Battle Master
left-aligned image
Ardashir didn't take any steps back from the large cats, even if he wanted to. He thought about slowly walking away from them and leaving them to their kill but then a streak of logic came over him. This forest required balance to thrive. If he were to kill predators like these then he and his clan could take their place.

The large Minotaur look to the scientists. "Shall I defend your rape of the forest?" With a shrug of his shoulders the monstrosity charged the lead tiger. Attack
Dice Attacking lead tiger:
1d20+6 (11)+6 Total = 17
Dice Slashing damage:
1d8+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
As he came close he hefted his large axe into the side of the beast.

right-aligned image




Last edited by Xalnaga; Jan 15th, 2020 at 10:40 PM.
  #17  
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 01:16 AM
Dechado's Avatar
Dechado Dechado is offline
Angry Lucario
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 1203
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Posts: 1,129
Into the FrayIt took Okarto a second or two too long to react in time to stop Ardashir from rushing in and attacking the feline animals

“W-wait, but they aren’t-!” going to attack us? That’s what he probably wanted to warn the Minotaur about. But the fighting had already started.
Okarto’s stance rapidly changed; From a slighly hunched and weak looking small lizard, to an erect nature’s defender, holding his staff now in a battle stance, ready to cast a spell if needed, and small wooden shield on the arm.
Unaware of Ardashir’s plan, he would still offer support in case things were to get out of hand.
… Well, more than they already had.

The thought of leaving the minotaur to fend off for himself did cross his mind. But if he were to tell his sister he had turned his back on a sentient like this, he’d never heard the end of it. He sighed as he approached the battlefield.
Okarto just hoped the minotaur wasn’t actually planning to kill the animals, and was merely swinging his axe to scare them off.
For what reason, he did not know. Okarto assumed he wanted the meat of the fallen prey for the clan he mentioned he belonged to.

Last edited by Dechado; Jan 16th, 2020 at 02:21 PM.
  #18  
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 11:42 AM
MystOtter's Avatar
MystOtter MystOtter is offline
Crazy Otter on the Loose
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1571
MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter
Posts: 3,730
ICKitrill was starting to extremely frustrated with Ardashir. He was the one causing the most harm and disruption to the forest. Why did the Gruul have to be so destructive? The doctor rubbed her head to fight back against a headache that was starting to form. There had to be a way to show the minotaur the error of his thought process.

The sudden intrusion of the tigers caught Kitrill by surprise. It happened so fast that they interrupted her train of thought. She fumbled with the crossbow that hung at her side. After taking a deep breath to regain her composure, she carefully takes aim and lets the bolt fly at a second tiger. Maybe they could scare the animals away by showing them that this meal wasn't worth the fight.

Kitrill was still a doctor and she wasn't going to let them take the minotaur. Besides, surely the Gruul would just send another to the forest if this one fell. And she needed him alive if things were going to change.


ooc
 
  #19  
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 3597
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 6,400
right-aligned image


Zenuvir was aout to respond to the Minotaur where tigers suddenly struck the giraffe. Seeing them protecting their kill, he backed up a few feet. It was sad to see the large creature killed, but it is the way of nature. For some reason the Minotaur charged at the creatures and Zen's eyes widen in shock. "Wait! They are just protecting their kill!" He rubbed his forehead. This was supposed to be a simple field trip.

He watches the others and sighs, it would be a waste to use a spell to talk to the creatures when they are under attack. He gets bow out and backs up some more. Perhaps this situation will not escalate.
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #20  
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,227
Gruul - Minotaur Battle Master
left-aligned image
After swinging his axe at the lead tiger Ardashir moos out a battle cry into the face of the tiger then in the same breath turns his head towards the other 3.

He didn't know if he really had a plan but felt he needed to hit something. These animals killed the long neck, one which the bull had been watching now for days with fascination. If he took his anger out on the guildeeze then there'd likely be more in his forest. That he didn't want.

right-aligned image



  #21  
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 12:45 PM
hjohenson's Avatar
hjohenson hjohenson is offline
The Painter of Reality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Posts: 14,186
NarratorThe tigers hissed and snarled at Ardashir, their claws snapping out towards him! His axe found purchase first, slicing mightily into the lead beast. It shrieked, a sound that sent birds scattering skyward, a rustling wave that passed through the canopy. The strike of the axe was quickly followed by the good doctor's arrow, which found purchase in the side of another beast, piercing straight through to its lung. The beast weezed, blood dripping from its maw, but its amber eyes turned to glare at her... and then it charged directly at Kitrill, claws prepared to rip and tear! The unharmed beast focused entirely on Ardashir, and the two began swinging claws rapidly at the minotaur fighter, ready to make a meal out of him!

The first monster
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19
error: the roll must be in the format xdy, and the values before and after the 'd' must be numbers; alternatively, a valid short-hand method may be specified (please see the FAQ for help)
d8+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
struck back with utmost force, its claws flashing in the dappled sunlight of the clearing! The blood from its wound sprayed across the grass, a crimson contrast to the vivid green around the battle. The second of the beasts
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (18)+3 Total = 21
error: the roll must be in the format xdy, and the values before and after the 'd' must be numbers; alternatively, a valid short-hand method may be specified (please see the FAQ for help)
d8+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
also sliced at the minotaur, the two felines turning into a spitting flurry of angry claws! Their vicious attacks met their mark, tearing through Ardashir's armor and leaving him with nigh-fatal gashes all along his upper body. Left unchecked, they would certainly fester and/or bleed out. The final one screeched as it
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
error: the roll must be in the format xdy, and the values before and after the 'd' must be numbers; alternatively, a valid short-hand method may be specified (please see the FAQ for help)
d8+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
pounced at Kitrill, ready to devour the blue creature that stung it from so far away! Fortunately, the doctor was ready, and managed to avoid the attack entirely... only to be left facing down this terrible beast alone!

DMArdashir may also make an attack of opportunity against the tiger that rushed past him. Ardashir has also taken 13 damage total; if you'd like, Xalnaga, I will allow you to use Second Wind so our cowboy doesn't immediately fall over and start dying. Kitrill takes no damage; the tiger missed. The rest of the party can see the minotaur is gravely wounded, and probably won't last long against a pair of enemies like this.


Last edited by hjohenson; Jan 17th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.
  #22  
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 03:36 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,227
Gruul - Minotaur Battle Master
left-aligned image
Almost immediately the 3rd beast dug it's claws into the ground for traction and bounded away. Towards the others. Adarshir was used to combat, as he yanked his axe free and blood still dripping on it he used the momentum of wrenching it free to spin around and take a Opportunity attack
Dice Attack 3rd tiger:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
Dice Slashing damage:
1d8+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
swipe at the tiger's exposed flank.

Regardless of the outcome of that attack he'd under estimated the speed of the animals. As he turned the 1st beast retaliated by jumping on his back and the other tore at him. Before he knew it he had blood spurting from teeth punchers and claw gashes. He blinked a long blink. In fact his next blink would likely lead to him never waking up again. He took a deep breath and tensed his muscles. His grandfather told him a trick of some warriors that lead them to be able to fight longer and take more damage. Through discipline they were able to sure up their bodies to stem the flow of blood and hide the pain. Ardarshir thought it a myth as it defied logic and what he knew of biological systems Using second mind - Due to HJ's grace
Dice Second wind:
1d10+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
and yet there he was, no longer bleeding.

right-aligned image
The larger Minotaur pushed back up to his feet leaving his AC16 for nowshield on the ground. Grabbing his axe in both hands he swung it over head, his injuries screaming at him. Attacking 1st tiger
Dice Tiger 1:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
Dice Slashing - Versatile:
1d10+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
With the might he could muster he brought the axe down The beast however ducked out of the way. The axe burried itself into the dirt. A high pitch ting rang through the handle. Ardashir had hit a rock of some sort and damaged his axe. Once again he Moo'ed out in a low rage.





OOC
Thank you HJ, I'm back up to 6hp now.

2x Nat 1s, lol. The dice gods hate me. This here might be my shortest lived character ever.

Last edited by Xalnaga; Jan 17th, 2020 at 03:41 PM.
  #23  
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 04:27 PM
Dechado's Avatar
Dechado Dechado is offline
Angry Lucario
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 1203
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Posts: 1,129
Hope in FriendsAs he saw Ardashir take qute the damage from the attacks done by the tigers, Okarto winced empathically.

Acting without thinking much of it, he ran towards the fallen (temporary) ally, approached and put his hands on Ardashir’s back. Whispering for aid from nature itself.

 


“You’ll be fine” Okarto said, hopping back some steps, allowing the minotaur some breathing space.


OOCCan I roll anyting to try to calm down the Tigers?

EDIT Gosh****ingdammit Red Rolls again.

Tryig again:
Dice Cure Wounds:
1d8+4 (3)+4 Total = 7


EDIT 2

Ardashir’s HP should be full now! :OOO
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by Dechado; Jan 17th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.
  #24  
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 3597
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 6,400
Zen's now pissed. All they had to do was leave the tigers alone. Now it's to late to make friends with them, they are in battle mode, worse, he can't even hope to talk to them because the dumb minotaur will still attack. He sighs and quickly casts an entangle spell at the tigers.
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #25  
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 07:40 PM
MystOtter's Avatar
MystOtter MystOtter is offline
Crazy Otter on the Loose
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1571
MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter
Posts: 3,730
ICThese are not normal beast, that thought flashed through Kitrell mind as the tiger lept pass her. She didn't like this at all. The doctor took a few cautious steps back away from the attacking animal and regroups with the other two members of the expedition party.


"Something is strange here. They are being far too aggressive to be normal animals. We are far enough from their kill to not be a threat of theft. And us showing strength should be enough to scare them away and show we are not worth the effort."

OOCKitrell takes the Disengage action and moves back towards the two druids.
Dice Nature:
1d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21
  #26  
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 08:26 PM
hjohenson's Avatar
hjohenson hjohenson is offline
The Painter of Reality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
Posts: 14,186
NarratorAs Kitrill backs away from the savage beast, it hisses angrily at her. Its amber eyes glare at her between the two druids, fangs eager to tear into her soft blue flesh. Her knowledge of animals and nature told her precisely what she needed to know, and her knowledge of microbiology sent a shiver down her spine. The tiger's maw was dripping with frothy saliva, and so were the other two tigers. The fact that this trio of rapid beasts hadn't torn each other apart was no less than a miracle. Worse, however, was the knowledge that a single bite from them could infect anyone in the party with the same disease, driving them mad before killing them.

The tiger, to its credit, chose not to approach the two druids. It seemed to recognize Zenuvir casting a spell, its eyes clouding over as he drew forth nature's energy. As green mana flowed from Zenuvir, the other two tigers were immediately caught up in a wave of overgrowth. Vines and branches erupted around them, holding them tight, keeping them steady for the minotaur to fight back. They
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15
1d20+1 (10)+1 Total = 11
struggled to break free, and one managed to just barely tear through the vines enough to drop out of them. It hissed and
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (12)+3 Total = 15
1d8+3 (8)+3 Total = 11
swiped at Ardashir once more. Fortunately for the minotaur, his armor soaked up the sharp assault, and he remained unharmed! The entangled beast sputtered and snarled, but could not extract itself from the thick vines around it!



Last edited by hjohenson; Jan 18th, 2020 at 08:30 PM.
  #27  
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 04:31 AM
Thalric's Avatar
Thalric Thalric is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2020
RPXP: 883
Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric Thalric
Posts: 461
Loxyzip
left-aligned image
Where is that giant of a minotaur? Loxyzip kicked the earth in frustration. He had been trying to find Ardashir for half a day now and was none the wiser. He was not meant to be a tracker. How hard can it be to find that giant cow? He's like triple my size!

Loxyzip had heard that Ardashir had been seen around these woods, but he proved remarkably hard to find. But his search might come to an end soon. He had found tracks that looked very much like a minotaurs a few minutes ago and had been following them. Maybe I should just burn down the forest, that would make finding him easier. He felt an itch in the palm of his right hand. Let's not be an idiot, okay? He continued to follow the tracks when in the distance he could make out some sort of commotion. He squinted and could make out a few figures in a clearing about one hundred feet away, one of them considerably larger than the others. Gotcha!

Loxyzip started jogging towards the clearing, but something seemed off. Why did Ardashir pull out his axe? It was then that he noticed the three tigers that had entered the clearing. They must have been blocked from his vision before."Oh come on, I need that big guy alive!" The itch was back in his hand. "You know what, fine! Let's make an entrance." The one with the bloody flank looks like it could be crispier. With a smooth motion, he threw his right hand forward and a Casting Fire Bolt
Dice Attack:
1d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10
Dice Damage + Fury of the Small:
1d10+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
mote of fire streaked towards the tiger that Ardashir had buried his axe in.


OOCHey everyone, I'm bringing some heat here

I'll leave it up to you hjohenson how close I got before casting the spell.
__________________
Journey before destination - I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Thalric; Jan 19th, 2020 at 08:57 AM.
  #28  
Old Jan 19th, 2020, 06:16 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,227
Gruul - Minotaur Battle Master
left-aligned image


Ardashir turned around looking at Okarto. The Bull was confused but eternally grateful at the magical healing. He nodded briefly then turned around in time to see the fire lurch from the tree line. He prayed it was aimed at the tiger and Attacking Tiger 1
Dice attack:
1d20+6 (13)+6 Total = 19
Dice Slashing - Versatile:
1D10+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
swung his axe once more at the lead beast. Feeling his axe eat flesh he turned to see that a small goblin not too far away. The large minotaur smiled. Hopefully he was reinforcements from the heads of the Gruul Clans. Magic is just what he needed to push forward.

right-aligned image






Last edited by Xalnaga; Jan 19th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.
  #29  
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 02:59 AM
Dechado's Avatar
Dechado Dechado is offline
Angry Lucario
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 1203
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Posts: 1,129
Blue SeerThe lizard druid nodded at Ardashir as he let the minotaur continue fighting. He’d stay close to the axe-fighter just in case he was needed again.
Okarto noticed Doctor Kitrill step back and saw her make a face. That face which spelt even the Vedalken scientist felt uneasy.

“Doctor?” Okarto turned, hoping she’d fill in the rest of the party with the unfortunate she had just discovered herself. Even though Okarto’s department wasn’t the fauna of Ravnica, he still knew there was something very wrong with how the Tigers were acting.

He noticed a flame approaching, but was too busy protecting himself from the Tigers, by standing behind Ardashir, to do anything about it.
Many thoughts occured to him during that second; Hopefully it was someone trying to help them, and not having to do anything with starting a fire in the forest.


OOCHaha yeah, more friends!

Last edited by Dechado; Jan 20th, 2020 at 03:12 AM.
  #30  
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 12:47 PM
MystOtter's Avatar
MystOtter MystOtter is offline
Crazy Otter on the Loose
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1571
MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter MystOtter
Posts: 3,730
ICRabies Kitrill knew exactly how dangerous this particular pathogen could be. It spread easily and the only known cure was magical. After the expedition was over they would need to report this so a plan could be made to stop the spread. That was something for later. They had other problems for now.

"They're rabid! Be careful of their fangs. If you get bitten you will be infected". Kitrell shouted out to Ardashir. Out of the entire group, the large minotaur was the one in the most danger of infection. She loaded her crossbow with another bolt and fired it at the tiger with the heaviest of damage.

Kitrill glanced over at Zenuvir as he was the most reserved about this battle. "We need to take them down before this disease spreads further."


OOC
 
 

Last edited by MystOtter; Jan 20th, 2020 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB