Game Thread Chapter 2: Trial and Crucible - Page 11 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 01-09-2020, 01:27 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2020
RPXP: 29474
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,903
Transitions
In a hostel - Kallev

Despite the blood on her hands and clothes, Kallev does not stop at all to think of their origins and sets to work to clean herself and to get rid of any evidence that could link her to the alleged act. Kallev worked diligently to clean the blood off her hands... blood which was not her own. No matter how diligently that she worked, Kallev noticed her hands were bloody again seconds after they were clean. Kallev repeated the process several times, but no matter how many times she cleaned them, they would be bloody, just as they were before she had started cleaning them.

Seeing the futile efforts to rid of the blood on her hands, Kallev finally tosses the considerable pile of rags she used into the fire and wrapped herself to fly away. Clumsily she tried to be sneaky but ended up making more noise than if she had just gone to the window. Kallev opened the window to fly away...

"Let me in..."

The same face fly towards her own face as soon as she opened the window and looked towards the darkness and as before it filled her vision as it moved towards her but this time, Kallev felt as if it was leaping down her throat.

right-aligned image
Kallev again woke with a start in her bed as she hears a loud three knocks on her door. Kallev was in bed as before she awoke the first time... or had she?

"Lady? Ma'am? Please open up... there has been an incident and all occupants are being directed to the salon in the front for their safety and accountability." The voice on the other side of the door explained. "Dear lady, I apologize, but due to the nature of the incident, I am afraid that I must insist. If you refuse to open the door, then I will be compelled to open it myself to usher you there, but I do not wish it to come to that."

Kallev looked down at her hands. There was no blood on them and the room looked just as it had before and no evidence of her efforts she had previously taken to conceal the blood. Kallev's eyes strayed to her belongings again, just as she had left them. In the middle of her belongings was the red leather bound book she had seen before.

Mister Babadook.

Let me in...



in the Sanitarium
AureliusAurelius bids Doctor Mendela a farewell as he agrees with and takes the older man's advice to take some rest and food so that he may renew his mind and body for the coming work. Aurelius finds that a small breakfast consisting of sliced apples, a few fine cheeses, toast, a pitcher of water, and a pot of fine back teat waiting for him in his designated room. After partaking of what he wishes, Aurelius falls exhausted onto the bed as the effects of his efforts finally begin to register and take their toll on the doctor. Aurelius' eyes close as he drifts into a troubled sleep.

Aurelius sees a spattering of images of his recent ordeals and flashes of the faces of his companions swirl in his mind's eye for what appears to be seconds and then fades away... and then he wakes. Aurelius finds himself sitting up in the observation area of an operating room. In the middle of the operating room, a sole surgeon, masked and prepped waited. Aurelius looks around and realizes that it is one of the many that were housed at the University of Lepidstadt. He was back in Lepidstadt. Good gods, was that entire experience in that other place just a dream of a fevered and tired mind?

Aurelius wished it to be so, but no sooner had that the thought crossed his mind, did Aurelius see the subject be brought in. His heart stopped as he did. It was Georgiana. She smiled at him from below in the operating room... she was just as perfect and beautiful as he had remembered her and longing stirred mightily in his heart. He longed to go to her, but any efforts to do so were impeded... blocked... by some invisible force. Aurelius could hear himself shouting his beloved wife's name again and again. Georgiana smiled at him again and waved to him just before the surgeon came from behind her and laid her on the operating table. What came next was horror, as Georgiana was surgically unmade in front of Aurelius... methodically and mechanically... as her various parts were cut with uncanny precision and from the first incision, it appeared that Georgiana was conscious... impossibly... as the procedure went on and her screams of sheer agony and terror filled Aurelius' ears. Aurelius could bear no longer to watch and he shut his eyes. He covered his ears desperately to drown out the sounds of Georgiana's screams and sound of flesh and bone being sliced and cut and then being sewn and put back together again. After what seemed to be an eternity, Georgiana's screaming and the sounds of flesh being worked that resounded with impossible clarity stopped. Aurelius opened his eyes and before him stood Yana... her parts freshly stitched together and bloody. She smiled at Aurelius and gave wave similar to the one Georgiana had given him prior to the start of the gruesome procedure.

"Master... we will be together soon, right?" Yana said but in Georgiana's voice. "You will make things right... Master always makes things right..."

The surgeon who performed the gruesome and bloody work, still drenched in gore and looking more like a butcher than a doctor stepped forward. He pulled down his mask and it was Aurelius' smiling face behind them. He locked eyes with Aurelius with an approving look as he placed his arms around Yana who lovingly cradled his hand.

"Master, always make things right..."

Aurelius awoke in his bed drenched in sweat. He was back in the Sanatorium and in the room provided to him by Doctor Mendela by a table with his eaten food. The sleep had been anything but restful, but Aurelius felt sleep driven from him by the visions in his dreams... he could still hear Georgiana's screams reverberate in his ears.

"When you stare into the Abyss, the Abyss stares back...


JonathanJonathan stares with passing interest at the two orderlies that were in the front of the doors just on the other side. They seemed not to react to anything that Jonathan had said or done towards since he appeared to make no indication of leaving the recovery room and they seemed to watch him as he returned to his bed and settled himself to sleep and recover from his procedure. Jonathan too drifted into a listless sleep...

Jonathan again saw the disturbing image that had been in his mind's eye since undergoing the procedure, but it soon faded back to the gruesome scene in the room... the room that his beloved had died. His beloved Cyranda. No... she is alive. The Queen... Judas... they have her. Jonathan know they have her... they must have her! Jonathan will find her. Jonathan felt a wave of confusion and contradiction in his own mind.

"She is most definitely dead, Jonathan." Judas said as Jonathan turned and saw the inquisitor standing in the room, his ebony blade pointing, just as he had remembered. "Look at her, Jonathan... see for yourself."

Jonathan looked and saw Cyranda, half of her face was covered by her blood soaked hair and her obviously broken body laid under the carcass of the creatures he recalled... so vividly rending and running through with his claws.

"Ignore this false puppet... and the mistress he serves. He seeks to deceive you and keep you from Cyranda and taking the power that is rightfully yours." The voice of the great dragon reverberates in his ears. "Stay strong in your faith in me and it will see you through... let my power in and you will reclaim what is rightfully yours. This inquisitor... this Judas... is all that remains in our way..."

"Jonathan... Jonathan! JONATHAN!" Judas sharp voice comes in and interrupting Jonathan's conversation with Great Dragon. "For all that is good... snap out of it! What has gotten into you! Can't you see what..."

Judas sentence is cut off midway as Jonathan hears... himself... roar in his familiar dragon rage roar. Then a sound of metal on scales is heard just before being drown out with the dragon roars.

"Stay strong and true... My servant."

Jonathan awakes again with a start in this bed and again knocking down the surrounding table. There are two orderlies in the room and they stared impassively at Jonathan and thrashing. Apparently, he had been doing it during his sleep as well based on the sheer chaos surrounding him. After Jonathan wakes and calms, the orderlies mechanically and methodically moves to clean up the mess and then set the room back to it original state.


 



OODMOODM: Onward!

 

__________________
Posting Status: Inactive. Hiatus for medical reasons temporarily. (Hopefully.)
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 01-09-2020, 05:58 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 17388
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,390
SanatariumAurelius eats up a refreshing meal in his room. He lays down on the comfortable bed. Its warm embrace promises an equally refreshing slumber for the wearied researcher.

This proves a horrible, horrible lie. Aurelius hits bolt upright in a cold sweat. Face pale & aghast, he breathes in heavy ragged pants. His whole frame won't stop shaking, as if he had stared death in the face. His (blessedly) empty stomach feels sick. Tears brim at the corners of his eyes. He wipes at his eyes furiously. He struggles to dismiss the nightmare vision as just some mad dream. 'No! None of it is true! I loved her! She was already at peace. I would never harm her! I revered her remains. I am not a butcher like those myopic academics or inquisitor fools reckoned! Yana is our last creation together.' His hands clutch at his head amid his quivering. "I loved her. I wanted a piece of her after she was gone," he whispers to himself in a cracked voice. The feeling of horror wanes, filled by a sudden, oppressive loneliness.

Unkempt and haggard, the man of medicine rises from his bed and slides into his daily study of his formula book. The mixing and preparing of concoctions is usually a calming ritual for him at the start of each day. Under the circumstances, it serves as a most welcome distraction. Even if his movements are far more stiff and mechanical, anything is better than to dwell even a moment further on that perverse parody.

By the time his extracts are completed, Aurelius looks better than before, though that says remarkably little. He is in a state to finally undertake some morning ablutions and other tokens of civilization. Dr. Aylmer looks composed and presentable once again, even if the veneer over this is thin indeed. 'I need work. I have to figure out where I went wrong in my calculations.' If he can just work his way through this strange fit that seized him, he will surely be fine. He stops at the door of his room. 'I will make everything all right, Yana. No one shall get hurt,' he intones to himself, pushing aside the parody impression in his visions. He steps out into the hall and makes his way to find Dr. Mendela. Dr. Aylmer is all too eager to see this mentioned lab and, hopefully, make some real progress in the puzzle before him.

 
OOCFor the stat chart, Aurelius should be healed up.
__________________
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 01-13-2020, 02:57 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 7676
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,074
left-aligned image

Jumping up from his slumber, Jonathan reels in fright, anger and rage. He tosses his blanket aside, scans the room with wild eyes of vengeance and retaliation, panting heavily and loudly. The two orderlies remain in their positions with their cold scowls still plastered on their faces.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU TWO DEMONS!?!?-- You stand their mocking me to no end??

Can you not see a tormented man as myself-- Haunted, Defiled, Desecrated here in this cruel chamber you shackle me to?

These walls... this facility, rots my mind(!), attacks my thoughts, will not let me rest in peace! Memories, Endless Taunts, infiltrate my psyche, Tease me(!), Goad me, WANNNNT MEE to rush you two and slay you right where you stand!!!... He moves to catch his breath. His great chest heaves in and out like a giant bellows of a dragon. He staggers slowly forward towards the two guards, maniacal intent in his eyes fixed on their stationary countenance... He stalks closer...

GEEET OUUUTTT OFFF MYYYY WAYYYYY, you two sniveling and lowly orderlies.

JUDAS will fall. JUUUDASS-- he slithers these words while pronouncing this defilable name, JUUDASS needs to be... RAVAGED, RENDED, TO and FRO.

GEEET OUUUTTT OFFF MYYYY WAYYYYY-- OR YOU WILL BE UNDONE. Before anything can be discerned, a great, scaly, golden, horned Claw is held high, perched down on the two guardsmen. Menacing, it lingers over Jonathan's head, tense and tight, ready to rain down and mangle the two targets beyond recognition. He awaits their responses with the most extreme tension.

Actions- Intimidation to "Influence and opponent's attitude to take actions that do not endanger it," as stated in Intimidation skill definition on PFSRD. The DC of this check to succeed is 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.
Dice Intimidation:
1d20+16 (16)+16 Total = 32

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 01-16-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 01-15-2020, 01:24 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2020
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,368
Kallev LittletonStill a bit jaded, Kallev wasn't shocked by the weird flying face as she simply squinted while attempting to punch it out as it came close.

Shaking her head as she awoke from the dream. It was getting hard to tell the difference anymore between dream and reality. Things are so tainted now that even the popular theme of being bloodied was becoming a common occurrence as if it were simply water used to wash things away and Kallev knew that was messed up.

However, she couldn't deny all the events she and her companions experienced. Nor deny all the pain and losses they suffered... So much darkness, where is the light? she asked herself.

Hearing the loud knocking and commands, she responds. Just a moment, I just woke, I'm coming... she responded as she grabbed a strap of her haversack, allowing the book fall behind the dresser as it wasn't hers. All her belonging were inside her magical haversack with the exception of things she wore.

Making sure not to delay long, she unlocks and cracks the door to look out at the one who spoke to her. What do you mean "incident" what has happened? she asked while looking to see what was going on. After a moment of questioning, she nods and follows them out to the front salon.

 
__________________
Sorry all, but thing still crazy and I'm going to go on a hiatus for a bit. Hopefully be back on in a few months at this rate. Feel free to replace my characters. Thanks for all the fun thus far, I'm looking forward to coming back soon and hope to game with you all again.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 01-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2020
RPXP: 29474
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,903
Transitions
Kallev in a loop

right-aligned image

Kallev opens the door after hearing the rumbling of the people outside and the three sharp knocks on her door with the man insisting on her to open the door and letting him in. Kallev gets dressed quickly and collects her belongings, but again lets the mysterious red book fall away behind the dresser. Kallev cracks the door to ask the man about the incident that was causing all of the ruckus.

As he opens the door a she is greeted by a familiar face, only this time, the thing that was merely a blurry phantasm in previous visions was now... more defined... more real... if there was such a thing. It wore a grotesque caricature of a fine suit complete with an equally twisted version of a top hat. In its impossibly long and clawed fingers, it held a familiar red book.

"Ma'am, I believe that you left your book..." The twisted creature said in the man's voice that had addressed her from the other side of the door. "...you mustn't forget your book..."

Somehow, Kallev had a feeling this was not the creature's actual voice even as it began laughing in that voice as Kallev instinctively slammed the door on it.

"You already let me in... again..."

Its laughter began growing impossibly louder as if it was going directly into her ears and warping and becoming more guttural and inhuman. The sheer magnitude made Kallev reflexively clasp them in pain.

Kallev again woke with a start.


This time, she was face down on the floor. Her mouth was dry and her body ached and was sore. She felt a wetness on the side of her face and she found herself in an unfamiliar place... it appeared to be a private office or salon. As Kallev groggily began to take in her surroundings, she realized that there was a dagger in her hand... a bloody one. As she touched her face, it was obvious that the wetness on her face was also blood.

Just not hers.

As she surveyed the room, she followed to trail of blood to a man in a chair just in front of her. He was dressed in modest finery sat with his head sagging down in his chair. From the crimson soaked collar and shirt, it was obvious where the blood had originated from. As Kallev's eyes settled on the man, in his lap was a familiar red book. By craft or sheer coincidence, the book remained unmarred by the bloodiness that surrounded it and it was turned so that when Kallev looked upon it, the title was right side up to her.

Mister Babadook.

Let me in...



in the Sanitarium
Aurelius
"When you stare into the Abyss, the Abyss stares back...

Aurelius had stared into the Abyss in his dreams and he cared not for what he saw. Aurelius dismisses it as merely the work of a fevered and exhausted mind... had Yana been here to meter his single-mindedness, Aurelius felt certain that he would not have experience such a thing. In a concerted effort to put behind him the images that seem to hit much too close to home, Aurelius decided to handle it how he knew best through routine and familiar work. Indeed his routine preparations of his alchemical mixtures for the day seemed to be just the thing to settle and calm his nerves as he found comfort in the routine and concentrating on the work made him forget for the moment the disturbing images and sounds... gods the terrible sounds... of his dream. Still as much as his mind rationalized the experience and the images, there was still a chord of what he had seen that struck far too close to home... to his heart... and the seed of doubt planted there grating within him, like a grain of sand in an oyster. Then Aurelius swore he could hear a whisper behind him... was that Georgianna?

"Aurelius..."

Aurelius whirled around swiftly, but he saw nothing that could be the source of the sound. He strained his elven ears to locate the source of the sound, but he could hear it no more. Was this again just a the work of a fevered and tired mind...?

"Is there something the matter, Doctor Alymer?" Doctor Mendela's voice flatly as he interrupts Aurelius' current reverie. So focused on finding the source of Georgianna's voice, that he must not have notice the approach of his host... which is significant given his elven senses. Aurelius turns to see his current benefactor looking at him with an expression that was a cross between curiosity, concern, and displeasure. "You appear to be distracted and slightly distraught. Were you not able to find sufficient rest? If you need more time to recuperate, it is important to do so, as great... and delicate... work awaits us that will require our utmost focus and concentration. We mustn't let haste to ruin our work."



Jonathan Jonathan rages and rages as he rouses from his slumber. His ire is great and the dreams which plague him only serve to fuel and fan this growing rage. Jonathan begins to feel his control over himself slip as the rage continues grow and threatens to overwhelm him. The shadowy faces of the orderlies Jonathan has yet to make out or discern. It was as if the hood deliberately obscured their features. The orderlies remain motionless and mute once they have set the furniture and the setting back in place that had been tossed around by Jonathan both in his sleep and waking moments, apparently unimpressed by his physically threatening form, the booming threats that would have cowed most mortals, and unmoved by the pleas by Jonathan of his predicament. Even as he closes with them and raises his claws to physically attack the orderlies, if they do not comply with his demands, the orderlies do not move or give way to the dragon man... they remain standing as they were before.

Unmoved.

Unmoving.

"What are you waiting for my servant? Strike them down!" The voice of the great dragon reverberates in his ears. "They clearly set their will and bodies against you. Of this there can be no doubt... and we must get free of this place... this hospital... this prison... while we still retain our sanity!"

As Jonathan stands ready to rain down physical destruction upon the orderlies, he glimpses out of the corner of his eye that as earlier when he tried to follow Aurelius out of the room against Doctor Mendela's wishes, more orderlies can now seen through windows of the recovery room. Much like their compatriots within the room, the orderlies outside of the room make no other visible moves and waiting to see what Jonathan does.



 



OODMOODM: @kaylara - please roll 2 x Wisdom Checks for me. No reason...

 

__________________
Posting Status: Inactive. Hiatus for medical reasons temporarily. (Hopefully.)
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 01-16-2020, 01:46 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 17388
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,390
SanatariumThe good doctor nearly jumps at his host's arrival. He tries to calm his rapid breathing. "Good morn, Dr. Mendela," he offers with a strained voice. He rubs his eyes. "I had a horrid, harrowing dream, like nothing before out of nowhere. Utter poppycock, all of it! ... But, vivid nonsense can still prove terrifying."

He returns his spectacles. "Prithee, Dr. Mendela, I need work to focus and concentrate upon. Further sleep eludes me, nor is the prospect of additional dreams appealing right now." He snaps the clasps on his alchemical case closed. "Mayhap, we can see this laboratory you spoke of. At the least, I'd like to know what tools we have to work with."

 
__________________
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:58 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2020
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,368
Kallev LittletonKallev felt like she was run over by a horse and carriage at full gallop. Slowly pulling herself up, she takes in the scene around her. Once again, it involved blood, bodies and that blood red book. She disregarded the scene and couldn't help but wonder what it was doing to her. Was it feasting on her like the creature in the woods? Would she be stuck in a dream? she pondered a moment.

Shaking her head, she tries to wake up from the dream, assuming she was dreaming. She had to be, that curseid creature was still after her. What ever it was, didn't seem to be going away.

Perhaps there might be a way to protect herself she wondered as she cast w/o full horde...
Dice concentration:
d20+5+5sh21 (13)+5+5 Total = 23
attempted to protect herself from evil.

Afterwards, she looked up at the creature, Look like you own it. Now please leave go away and leave me alone... she asked politely as she stood defensive with the dagger to protect her.


 
__________________
Sorry all, but thing still crazy and I'm going to go on a hiatus for a bit. Hopefully be back on in a few months at this rate. Feel free to replace my characters. Thanks for all the fun thus far, I'm looking forward to coming back soon and hope to game with you all again.

Last edited by kaylara; 01-20-2020 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 01-22-2020, 02:14 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 7676
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,074
left-aligned image

'What is this madness...
Is this what my life has become...?
Of all that I have done... Of all that has befallen me... This, here before my very eyes...
... This is my outcome...?'


Sweat drips slowly from his brow in these still and tenuous moments in the operating room. Arching and tight, the great horned claw of the serpent rings in the air in all its vibrance, held high above the two unmoving orderlies, threatening to rain down bloody malice in one broad and devastating swipe... ... yet no response comes from the two...

The guardsmen are completely unphased, not swayed in the slightest. Jonathan calms his breath while his eyes remain locked intently on the two stalwarts before himself. He simply can not believe their resolve.

They Goad you, My Servant... They Mock you...
Look at them! Look at their dark eyes beneath their veiled shadow.
They care not of your worth. They care not of your sorrow.
They care not of the necessary vengeance beset on Count Luris...

... Strike... them... down.


He snorts defiantly. His nostrils flare and contort with waning bouts of intimidation as his threats seem to mean absolutely nothing to these lowly two. 'I can not! I can not draw blood on these ignorant sentries. They do not understand the situation they are involved in.'

No matter. They stand now in your way. They keep you from your Needs, Great Being.
... Your... wife... awaits... you... Must I remind...?


AHHHHHHH!!!!-- GET OUT OF MY WAYYYYY YOU FOOOLS!!

... Still nothing. The guards are unflinching... ~*


 


Actions
 
OOC- I hope I did all the mechanics correctly. Please address anything if needed.
- Can he make 2 grapple attempts since he has 2 CMB attacks?
 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:06 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2020
RPXP: 29474
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,903
Transitions
Kallev in a loop

Kallev picks herself up from the ground and tries to gain her bearings. She sees the scene and tries to rationalize her way out of the situation, concluding that this was... this had to be... a dream. She looks up in search of the creature, but no signs of it in the room with her... at least not that she could see. She could feel the cold feelings of dread creep into her stomach as the flickering of shadows danced around the room and even her blessed darkvision reveal nothing in the shadows that she could see. Defensively, Kallev placed spell to ward off evil around her and with her dagger out as she plead to the silent shadows or perhaps it was to the murdered man to leave her alone. Only mute silence and distant rumbling of thunder answered her pleas.

Kallev looked back at the murdered man and as she did flashes of memories filled her vision. She was back in the room just like before with the man explaining that there was an incident and insisting that she open the door. Kallev did, just as she had before, only this time, there was no creature, but a man dressed just like the murdered person in the chair. Kallev then sees the man chasing after her with the red book as she was moving away from her room with a crowd of other people.

"Ma'am, I believe that you left your book... you mustn't forget your book..."

With those words, Kallev flashes again and she is back in the room staring down the bloody corpse of the man with a dagger in her hand. The seconds of silence that pass feel like an eternity until it is abruptly broken by three sharp knocks. Was it the door? Was it the closet? The window? Kallev's mind felt muddled and it was difficult to localize where the sounds were actually coming from.

"Let me in..."



in the Sanitarium
Aurelius "As you wish, Doctor Alymer. Please this way." Doctor Mendela says as he motions for Aurelius to follow him. For whatever reason, Doctor Mendela seems to be pleased by Aurelius' state of mind and his very evident desire to return to his work and again a slight grin of approval could be seen in his otherwise grim and expressionless face. "I think that you will be most pleased and satisfied with the place that our great work shall be realized."

Doctor Mendela takes Aurelius away and leads him on somewhat convoluted route to the lab that involved a few secret doors and finally a passageway leading surprisingly up. When they arrived at the site, Doctor Mendela unlocks and opens the door and replaces the key around his neck before ushering Aurelius in.

Aurelius is immediately struck by the lab... there are implements and device that made his labs at the University look like a child's play set. In all of his dreams, Aurelius could not have fathom such a place. The devices, perhaps powered by magic, pulsed with electric energy and device whose purpose even he could not divine at first glance littered the area and every tool he knew of and some he did not laid in meticulous order. Surely whatever he required to bring his dearest Yana back would be here in this place... surely here in this lab he could bring Yana back. As if the thought summoned it, Aurelius' eyes fell upon the head of his Yana as it rested in grim repose in a container in the middle of a great table. So taken by the lab and the prospects of reviving his beloved creation, Aurelius did not dwell too much on how it had gotten to this place from his room. Thoughts, theories, and equations began swirling in Aurelius' head as the feelings of anticipation and excitement began to swell.

Just then a roar could be heard... it was distant and faint, but it was a roar no doubt. A roar belonging to a familiar source.

"I believe that your friend, Mr. Rawncer, is awake. By the sounds of it, there is likely not much progress in the addressing of his condition and improving his mental state." Doctor Mendela looks in the direction of the sound as he seemed focused briefly on something before returning his attention to Aurelius. "This will likely means that we will be forced to consider increasing he dosage for his sedative as the current dose does not seem to be curbing his... tendencies. Would you like to see to your friend then?"



Jonathan Jonathan, at the insistence of the voice in his head, gives into the rage that burns at the core of his being. The rage burned away all vestiges of control and restraint and his form mutated and morphed to match this loss of control over that rages as Jonathan literally transforms into a demi-dragonoid and begins his assault in earnest against the mute orderlies.

Perhaps in his rage Jonathan had moved too hastily or perhaps he had underestimated the orderlies. Or perhaps both. Regardless of the reason, Jonathan finds that his furious assault netted him nothing but air, as he failed to grab either of the orderlies. Jonathan watches them move with unexpected agility though in strange jilted manner and their limbs appear to elongate and they begin to wrap up Jonathan as the rest of the orderlies rush in like locusts and began to swarm over and smother Jonathan as they worked with inhuman coordination with one another. Still Jonathan, if he cared, could not make out their faces... even at this close distance. It was as if their features were obscured and grayed out, almost like it was pencil drawing that that had been sloppily erased and smeared on a piece of paper. Perhaps those musings could wait for another time as the swarm continued to pile on top Jonathan in an effort to pin him down.


 



OODMOODM: @WhiteStag - for the sake of simplicity, we will go through the progression, but I am going to treat the orderlies as a singular swarm type enemy. This way we are not doing checks against multiple targets, but just one and we can resolve. So for the grappling, to make it easy, that the swarm will possess equal bonus to Jonathan collectively and we will resolve the grapple as unmodified opposed checks. Currently, the swarm has grappled Jonathan and DC to beat for the unmodified opposed check on the next turn is an amazing 9!

 

__________________
Posting Status: Inactive. Hiatus for medical reasons temporarily. (Hopefully.)
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 01-23-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 01-26-2020, 04:49 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 17388
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,390
SanatariumDr. Aylmer follows after Dr. Mendela through the twists and turns of the asylum. With that many secret passages, it is not long before he concludes Dr. Mendela has certainly some paranoid tendencies. But, finally admitted entry into the doctor's sanctum, Aurelius widens his eyes and reconsiders his assessment.

He can do nothing but stare in wonder for many speechless minutes. He pans his vision to take as much of the facility and equipment. Aurelius barely breathes as if the sound would disturb the dream-like scene. "Extraordinary," passes the soft sound from his lips. Hope swells in his breast once more, and the good doctor can smile.

At that moment, a foreign sound invades this pristine island of science and research. Dr. Mendela voices his likely guess. A bitter sentiment roils in his mind, frustrated that the angry brute had to interrupt this moment. As soon as it comes, Aurelius stops and winces in shame at the thought. Burying it in disgust, Dr. Aylmer turns to Dr. Mendela and nods. "Yes, yes, that would be best. We should go at once." Truth be told, aside from trying to talk the man down, Aurelius is not exactly armed with much in the way of remedies.

 
__________________
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 01-27-2020, 01:12 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 7676
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,074
music...
left-aligned image

Jonathan struggles beyond measure. He's simply at his wit's end. So many inconsistencies pile atop each other one after another, as the phantom orderlies one after another, pile atop Jonathan. He thrashes, he reels, he cries out in darkness, in madness... but to no avail at all. A veil of shadow begins to creep over his consciousness, blackness overtakes his vision and his mind's eye stifles for clarity. Lingering flashes of the deformed serpent creature perched over the crying woman continue to berate his inner discernment without a single moment of relent.

This is too much. He is being consumed by figments, apparitions, faceless beings, one by one, they wrap him continuously, smothering, stifling his inner resolve.

His strength, his inner spark, his desire to push forward... is finally coming to a deathly quiet stillness...

His thrashing subsides slowly as he is being crushed in the arms of dominating foe, like a snake meticulously constricting its prey, his breath, his life, slowly being squeezed out of his defeated soul...

'No more. I can not continue.'

'I give in. I am nothing... I am finally undone.'

Actions- End Bloodrage
- Fail opposed grapple check

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 01-27-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 01-27-2020, 03:47 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2020
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,368
Kallev LittletonAfter flipping back and fourth so many times, Kallev wasn't really sure what was reality or a dream now. She knows she didn't kill the man or at least her current conscious. Oh great, am I going insane now... or perhaps developing a multi personality disorder...
first the witch, then the knight and queen... now what the heck is this thing...


Then she hears the voice again, to let it in. She wasn't sure if the creature was there or not, though it didn't matter as she replies anyways, Just go away already and leave me alone. I don't know who you are, or what you want. But I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for creatures like you.

So just do yourself a favor and go pester someone else. Because I sure as heck aren't going to let you in, nor accept that dammed book.


With no sign of the creature, she looks over herself to make sure she is clean and free of the ever so common blood scene these days then puts away the dagger as makes way to the door. Who knew if she was dreaming or not, but her stubbornness is likely to surpass both in any case.

 
__________________
Sorry all, but thing still crazy and I'm going to go on a hiatus for a bit. Hopefully be back on in a few months at this rate. Feel free to replace my characters. Thanks for all the fun thus far, I'm looking forward to coming back soon and hope to game with you all again.

Last edited by kaylara; 01-27-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 01-31-2020, 01:31 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2020
RPXP: 29474
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,903
Transitions
Kallev in a loop

Kallev speaks out loud, addressing the invisible, intangible presence that she presumes is there listening to her. Kallev speaks aloud while questioning her sanity or her mind. Kallev feels tired. Physically. Mentally. Spiritually. She feels drained and stretched... spread out like butter over too much bread. Kallev gets no answer to her proclamations and statements. Without such, she cleans herself off of the bloodiness that stained clothes and body before she heads to the door.

Again she hears the sound of distant rumbling outside... perhaps there is a storm brewing outside. As she notes the sound, Kallev hears three sharp knocks at the door to the room that she and the murdered body now were in. Kallev scans the room quickly and confirms that there are no windows or other doors in this office. The door was the only way in or out of this office. Again, the three sharp knocks came and Kallev hears the knob of the door being tested though no one has come in yet.



in the Sanitarium
Aurelius and Jonathan
Jonathan struggled mightily against the horde of orderlies that swarmed over him like locusts. Despite of his strength and his rage, somehow deep within something broke inside Jonathan and his strength left him abruptly as they smothered him and immobilized his thrashing limbs, pinning him to the ground. As Jonathan ceased to struggle, the orderlies quietly and carefully carried him back to his bed. Those orderlies that were not involved in the moving Jonathan swiftly and mechanically set about put the room back in order, to include replacing anything that had been damaged or destroyed during Jonathan's initial rampage. Jonathan retreats into himself as the orderlies place him back into bed and secured his arms and legs again.

It was at this time that Aurelius and Doctor Mendela arrive at the treatment room again. Doctor Mendela looks blandly at the surroundings as the orderlies efficiently and mutely continue their work in restoring the room back to its previous state.

"Well, I must say, I had expected the damage to be much worse... small blessings." Doctor Mendela said blandly as he look upon the room and the state of the orderlies, who all appear uninjured. He then looks upon the now dispirited Jonathan in his bed. "Mr. Rawncer, I do not know why you struggle so mightily against my recommendations. I do not think it unreasonable to ask that you rest and allow the time for you to recover from your treatment. Perhaps, now you will see reason..."

"REASON... REASON!?! You cannot trick me with your deviltry! I see the evil in this place... in you!" Jonathan heard his voice shout out in rage at Doctor Mendela's voice. It was somewhat surreal to him, as if he was a passenger in his own body and listening to someone else shout in his voice... though not quite his voice... at both of the doctors. "We shall rise against you to expunge the darkness and expose all who dwell in these accursed shadows to the righteous golden light of the one True Lord. We are the avatars of righteousness!"

"Come, friend, join us... aid us! Do not abandon us to the hands of these monsters... these villains." Jonathan implored when his eyes fell upon Aurelius. Aurelius saw that the residual effects of his transformation still in those eyes as they appeared to still have some of their draconic qualities as he had seen during his earlier outburst. "Please... Together we will vanquish this evil and to avenge all the ruin and strife brought by their hand!"

Aurelius hears the voice of his friend imploring him... it sounds like Jonathan, but there is a undertone of menace and a quality that was more... bestial... than he was used to hearing from his companion. Doctor Mendela stood expressionless as he observed the evolving situation though there is a glint of interest that could be seen in his eyes as Aurelius contemplated his friends imploring him.





OODMOnward!

 

__________________
Posting Status: Inactive. Hiatus for medical reasons temporarily. (Hopefully.)
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-03-2020, 12:59 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 17388
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 21,390
SanatariumFollowing after his host, Aurelius enters the not-too-messy room. It all seems to have calmed down by the time that they arrive. Maybe, they had exaggerated the danger somewhat. Aurelius is just starting to consider that they could get back to his research soon. But then ...

The good doctor steps back in shock at the sudden shout. His comrade suddenly focuses all the attention upon him. The imploring of his friend tugs at his chest. At first, he is left speechless, glancing between Dr. Mendela and Jonathan. Eventually, Dr. Aylmer recalls something from his chat with Jonathan yesterday. Then, there was the mention of the light of that lord. And that voice, his sharp elven ears couldn't miss how little his friend sounds like himself. With the glimpse in his mind, a theory bearing testing forms. Dr. Aylmer scowls and points at the bestial man, "My friend spoke of a spirit beckoning to him yesterday. I don't understand the bond he has with that spirit. But now you sound off. Who is this 'we'? Who else is in there? Prove to me that Jonathan is speaking and not something else."

His scowl softens into a gentler expression. "If my friend is really speaking, I'm not abandoning anyone. Never. I deny your dichotomy entirely. But don't give me vagaries." He crosses his arms. "What evil designs or crimes are you accusing our host or this place? I don't see any. I won't give up on you, Mr. Rawncer. No one shall harm you if I have any say about it. But either speak of concrete particulars or don't expect me to help you chase nebulous phantoms."

Shaking his head, Aurelius walks up to the secured man. His first instinct is to look him over. "Are you injured anywhere, Mr. Rawncer?"

 
__________________
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 02-03-2020, 11:16 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2020
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,368
Kallev LittletonKallev attempted to talk with what ever spirit might have been haunting the her to no avail. Was she losing her mind now? Even she didn't know as she was fed up and felt worse than ever. Is she being feasted upon again and drained like the plant creature did to her. Or perhaps some new poltergeist was feasting on her dreams and what the heck is with that book and these bodies...

She hears the knocking once again then see's the knob start turning. Quickly she takes to the side of the door, attempting to
Dice stealth:
d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
hide from the intruders incase they might be the murderer.

 
__________________
Sorry all, but thing still crazy and I'm going to go on a hiatus for a bit. Hopefully be back on in a few months at this rate. Feel free to replace my characters. Thanks for all the fun thus far, I'm looking forward to coming back soon and hope to game with you all again.

Last edited by kaylara; 02-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB