twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 06:51 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13354
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
If you swap HD for class levels you don’t get the bonus from monsters as PCs.

Generally some of the creation issues will be solved when I take a full look at any character sheets. Anything that looks like it will be over powered for level 14 will end up being reduced or changed.

Basically, try to make a good character to role play not one designed to overpower everything.

Last edited by Ysolde; 01-26-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:21 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20631
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I, for one, just want the core concept to work mechanically and just want relative power between pc's to be close. At this point I found some cool pics and am building mechanics to match the pics. I'll tweak to fit power levels if needed.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:12 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64400
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I love the level, I love the game system.

I think I am going to be overwhelmed by the races, but... if I can think of cool class concept/Character to play, I'm interested!
Old 01-26-2020, 08:14 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20631
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
If I could get in with Tedz and Dirk, I'd be in for one HELL of a treat!

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-26-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:27 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64400
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Anyone in a game with you, Leo, is in for a treat as well.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Name: Thana Nyx
Racial Makeup: Valkyrie
Class: Psychic Bloodline (Paizo)Sorcerer
Description: WIP
Short Bio: WIP
How you know Seikarath and why she would trust you to help her: WIP

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 01-30-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:39 PM
Semper Fi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 757
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Sheet added but probably with mistakes. =/
Old 01-26-2020, 11:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2625
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Well Ysolde. my app is done. I changed classes since I always play ranger and/or rogue and decided to try something different.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Ok, I'm still confused on the abilities. My cambion starts with;
Str:15
Dex:13
Con:14
Int:13
Wis:12
Chr:14

So we have 15 points to spend, so how does this work?
Old 01-27-2020, 01:22 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7115
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Your cambion racial stats are: +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha

Second page has details of how to rip racial stats from monster entries. This assumes that all monsters in the MM have a base stat array of 10 or 11 in all slots.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I read the 2nd page. The last part was;

"With a 15 point buy, you would spend your points as normal starting from 10 to every stat and then add the racial ability modifiers as calculated above."
So does that mean if I want to go from Dex 13 to 16, I would have to spend 10 points like normal to get 16? Or spend 3 points to go from 13 to 16?
Old 01-27-2020, 02:04 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7115
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Generally, you can calculate a monster's Ability modifiers by substracting 10 from even numbers and 11 from odd numbers. A monster whose stats are listed:

Str: 15 Dex: 12 Con: 13 Int: 14 Wis: 18 Cha 23

would have the following ability modifiers:

Str: +4, Dex +2, Con +2, Int +4, Wis +8, Cha +12.

At least that is how it worked in D&D 3.5. I don't think Pathfinder has an official way to reverse engineer ability modifiers, but I could be wrong.

With a 15 point buy, you would spend your points as normal starting from 10 to every stat and then add the racial ability modifiers as calculated above.

At least, that is how I would do it and how 3.5 handled monster stats.
You spend three points into dexterity to go from 12 to 15. You factor in racial modifiers after you point-buy. Here is a helpful website for calculating points.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:22 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13354
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Table of applications added. If you're a WIP and you feel like you shouldn't be let me know.

If you've requested feedback I'll give it, but otherwise I'm keeping an eye on the deadline and I'll make decisions then. Unless, of course, applications majorly slow down.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:25 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4688
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Ysolde, I intended Thoriel to be an Oracle (Life) and not a Cleric because it suits his backstory better. Perhaps you could correct this in the applications table, unless you would like me applying with a cleric. Since the Movanic Deva has a CR of 10 he probably gets 4 levels of Oracle, right?
Old 01-27-2020, 02:15 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6781
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
right-aligned image
Name: Thrask
Racial Makeup: Denizen of Leng (CR 8)
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Guardian) 2 / Arcanist 6

Description: At first glance, Thrask appears human, draped in loose robes and fabric wrapped around his head and face. A closer examination however, will reveal this is far from the case. Horned brows, clawed fingers, goat-like legs with cloven hooves, and a mouth full of tentacles await anyone unfortunate enough to see Thrask's true form.

Although not wearing armor himself, his left hand is covered in an ornate metal gauntlet.

Short Bio: Once the profitable owner of a large black galley on the Sightless Sea, Thrask plied his slave trade in and out of the Prime Material Plane. An unexpected attack by the spiders of Leng destroyed his ship and sent him desperately plane shifting without a clear destination in mind.

Injured and alone, Thrask found himself in a dangerous unknown land. Within minutes of his arrival, bandits, tiefling by the look of them, set upon Thrask with reckless efficiency. Lying on the ground, the light dimming from his eyes, he could tell that two of the bandits had sliced into his stomach, but were appalled by what they found. Furious, they left Thrask to die on the side of the road.

A bounce jostled him awake and Thrask slowly opened his eyes. He found himself lying on a cart among what looked to be barrels and crates of goods. Bringing himself to a sitting position, he was shocked to find his body wracked with pain. Inspecting his abdomen, he found a deep wound, likely made during the bandit attack.

Gingerly climbing from the back of the cart, he took a seat beside the obese demon driving a pair of strange beasts and bartered the last ruby that he had managed to hide away within his robe for passage to someone that could heal him. Like all of his kind, Thrask's injuries heal quickly on their own. This wound however, was not. He knew that, left as it was, it would kill him.

The demon brought him into the kingdom of Etienne, to the door of a well known healer named Seikarath.

How you know Seikarath and why she would trust you to help her: After much trial and error, the alchemist Seikarath was able to eventually heal Thrask. Unaccustomed to being in anyone's debt, Thrask had offered the healer to name her price and he would willingly pay. Having lost any meaningful wealth, Thrask agreed to assist the alchemist for a time in whatever capacity she needed.