Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 344
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
right-aligned image

Character Name: Sebastian de Valencia

Race: Human

Class: Cavalier (Order of the Flame)

Description: Sebastian is a typical citizen from Malantera. Since childhood he always loved testing his strength against others. He was regularly involved in duels, coming out on top more often than not. Accordingly he is ambitious by nature, always on the lookout for opponents willing to test their strength against his. His roots will always be in Malantera though, and he upholds his homeland's ideas of chivalry fiercely. Being from the Order of the Flame he has also recently developed a strange fascination with fire, though this is still fairly new to him.

He is broad-shouldered and muscularly built, with dark eyes and dark hair.

Character History: Sebastian was born in the northern parts of Malantera. His father was a knight who lost his life in the War of Green and Silver, thus he was raised by his mother. He was always stronger than average. This fact, combined with the culture of Malantera, he started participating in duels from an early age. He came out on top more often than not. Those he did lost only increased his resolve to become even better, and he often declared to challenge his victor in a future duel.

As a grown up duels started to even out, and the same people tended to defeat the same opponents more often than not. His accomplishments was also fairly well known, but limited to, his home region. His thirst for ambition thus made him seek out new challenges. This is how he ended up in Chroedale, a place with a lot of comings and goings, meaning regular new challengers, as well as a variety of races to change things up a bit.

Sebastian was content with his new-found challenge at first, making a small name for himself in his environment. But after a while this was also not enough to keep him happy, with his reputation again limited to the areas he regularly visited. Even worse, whenever he tried to increase his fame by moving to a new area, it would soon fade in any areas he left behind. He was desperate for a way to increase the spread of his reputation but he couldn't figure out a way. So he decided to seek out magical means of accomplishing this, which is how he heard of a certain expert in divination who could help him direct his future...

Writing sample: Sitting on his horse on the edge of the arena, Sebastian eyes his potential rivals for the next round. His previous opponent wasn't much to speak of, and he was relishing the opportunity for a tough match-up. His eye catches Stald, a resident dwarf of Chroedale. He had a duel with Stald before, and even though he was physically superior, he didn't manage to come out on top then. He felt though that his skills have improved sufficiently to challenge Stald to a rematch.

He guides his horse over to where Stald is having an idle chat with another dwarf Sebastian doesn’t recognise. Stald sees Sebastian and turns toward him. “You here for another beating?” Stald asks with a slight smile on his face. Sebastian returns the smile. “I’m here for a rematch, but we’ll see who gets to take the beating this time”. Stald eyes him a moment longer. “All right then”, he finally replies. “Just give me time to put my suit on.”

Standing close to the middle of the arena, Sebastian and Stald face each other. A drop of sweat rolls down Sebastian’s cheek. He strikes first. Stald anticipates his attack and blocks, replying with a counter-attack of his own. The dance of swords continues for a while, a much closer contest than their first encounter. In the end, all it takes is a slight hesitation from Sebastian which gives Stald the opportunity to disarm him. With Stald’s sword pointed at his neck, Sebastian surrenders.

“Good match”, Stald tells Sebastian when they are back at the edge of the arena catching a breather. “I didn’t expect you to give me such a good fight. You improved a lot since last time”. “Thanks,” Sebastian replies, just succeeding in hiding the bitterness in his voice. “You fought well.” As he mounts his horse again, all he can think about is his duel as he analyses what he did wrong as well as the potential weaknesses in his opponent.

Impressions: Like any Malantera citizen, Sebastian grew up despising anyone associated with the Dead Empire, who drove them from their original homeland. And given their history, he could never get himself to trust the people of Antolles, even though he made an effort to do so. The battles between them seems like ancient history now, but old habits die hard. And like almost anyone not associated with H.U.F.T, he didn't have a lot of patience for anyone sympathetic to their cause. Otherwise he didn't really have a problem with anyone. Each individual was another potential opponent to measure his strength against.

Last edited by VaultDwe11er; 01-31-2020 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:00 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1599
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Humans are predominant in Malantera, with a decent halfling population and a smaller amount of dwarves. If you need any inspiration with names, Malantera is loosely based off of Spain.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:51 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
Orannis
Amarga, I know we're mostly doing the non-crunch stuff at this stage, but I wanted to inquire about traits (I didn't see a "Yes" or "No" in the creation rules, though I may have missed it) because there's a couple I would like to take in order to get flavor-appropriate class-skills for my concept.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:18 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Oh damn you're right, my apologies. Two traits per character, don't worry about taking a flaw.
I'll add this to the main advertisement when I return to my computer

Last edited by Amarga; 01-31-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:36 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
Orannis
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!
Old 01-31-2020, 08:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 521
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Looks amazing! Questions before I post an application: What are the primary demographics of the Northern States (human, I assume?) And are they based on a specific real-world culture? If so, what would that be?
Old 01-31-2020, 08:14 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
The northern states are mostly made up of migrants from Chroedale, as such they have no set culture and are a wild variety of different races. Although humans are the most prevalent they're not leading by much. The further north you go the more you'll find exotic races better suited to frozen climates. The Northern states is also a rather loose term, indicating a lot of independent northern states, rather than any official unity.

Last edited by Amarga; 01-31-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64450
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
bump because Pathfinder games need love!
Old 02-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
I have discovered the wonders of tables, give me a message if I got the application status wrong.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
Hi, I was looking at playing a Gunchemist and wondered if the changes you planned for Gunslinger will apply to that as well?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 AM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Looking into the class it seems like I don't need to change much. only thing I can say is that you can only enhance one bullet per round, but you can choose which bullet in a clip is enhanced. For example, of you take a 10 round magazine from you firearm, you could choose to specifically enhance the third shot.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV AegorIV
I may have totally missed it but what firearms age is it?
Old 02-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
Same tech period as ww1
Old 02-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1285
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I posted a spoiler with Kambur's initial impressions of the others.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Are we using background skills or the feat tax rules?