Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Playerbrew: The Paku Isles
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 01:23 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11039
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Lex's initial reluctance and concern with removing his shirt seemed to have vanished as made sure to take extra care with his alchemy tools and ingredients to prevent any spills and possible disfigurement if the mixture became unstable. While he often did his best theoretical thinking sans anything but a pen and notebook or a large board, practical work in even a partially-unclothed state was a new experience.

The abrupt reappearance of Maroo's humanoid shape elicited a happy smile from the alchemist - ah, now he had a possible assistant - and he went about preparing for the satisfying act of mutual learning. Maroo's accusation of lechery does briefly pull him back into the present, though tempered with a bit of confusion. Theoretically the shifting Undine was correct, he did wish to study and understand the workings of everything, both inside and out. Did that make him a lech? Mmm...

Deciding to file that philosophising away for later, Lex instead turned to the task at hand. With alchemy ingredients at the ready, he pulled out his pen and paper and pointed at the first of the three Naiads. "Alright, quid pro quo, my voracious learners. I would like each of you three to tell me something about either the island or about your life here, what you do, what you eat, what kind of village you live in, if any - you do not have to divulge any locations, I understand you may be too mistrustful to tell me exactly where you live, but just anything interesting about yourselves."

Once they had shared something with him, Lex started with the demonstration of brewing a basic healing potion - if any additional spectators showed up during this, he paused to request information from them in turn, as their scholar fees for the impromptu lecture.

"Maroo, could I perhaps ask your assistance with this part?" Lex asked as he got to the grinding of the ingredients - between pausing to lecture and making sure his actions were visible, he had neglected the size of the flame and if he let it go too far in either direction, the potion might either fizzle out or explode. He had seen Maroo's hesitation around flames and wasn't cruel enough to request she tend to it, so he instead gently held out the mortar and pestle to her. "Mash these together, as finely as you can. It would really help me."

As he held it out to her, the slime girl started noticing that, without his shirt on, each raindrop that struck his upper body quickly evaporated with a sizzle - apparently the act of learning and teaching alone was getting the demon-blooded alchemist's temperature soaring.

Last edited by DoubleL1987; 01-30-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:31 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6965
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Sighing lightly to herself, Maroo appears to, somewhat understand, that Lex is attempting to take information from the naiads. Though she doesn't know exactly what she could do to help that goal, or exactly why removing a shirt would open them up to crawl out of the river.

Maroo blinked, then tilting her head to the side, pointing at herself. Seemingly losing her voice again. 'Me, assistant?' She thought. Being asked to come forward while Lex used these incredibly verbose-sounding words as he was explaining how to...what...make a potion? She, out of curiosity crawls to his side, looser parts of the anatomy swaying side by side until she is seated closer. She tilts her head to the other side, "Are you sure you wish my help?"

With his next request, Maroo nods her head. Doubtless she liked to be helpful from an early age. Though her hand at crafts were always incredibly poor. She definitely could crush and smash anything into a fine powder, given time.

Before she took the mortar and pestle, Maroo blinks her, now, functional eyes. She studied the man's skin, the slightly present musculature, she was curious of it, as well as how he apparently was keeping himself dry despite the rain. After a pause, she took the tool with but a murmur. She asks, "So, what exactly do I do?" Before planting her rear back on the soil.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:40 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
"Of course I wish your help, Maroo - I wouldn't have asked otherwise!" Lex said with a smile and a companionably, gentle pat on the slime's back as she came up alongside him. "And may I say, it is quite nice to be able to converse with you...Though I do admit a bit of fondness for the games of charades we have played so far. If possible, I would like to be able to understand you in both of your forms before our journey ends, if that does not bother you."

Lex didn't notice Maroo staring at him, her eyes following the slight puffs of steam that erupted whenever a particularly large splash of water dripped from the leaves of the overhead trees and splashed across his upper body as he saw another Naiad joining the three already seated and felt a thrill of another person to learn from, before looking back at Maroo as she took the tools from him.

Kneeling next to her, he gently slipped one hand over the one holding the pestle and showed her how to grip it, before moving the bowl into her lap. "So now you just use the pestle to crush the herbs and other elements together," The alchemist said with an encouraging smile, demonstrating the motion for Maroo using her own hand. "You can go as fine as you like, so long as the larger leaves are broken up, alright? I would say don't worry about breaking it because I never has, but something tells me you may be slightly stronger than I."

Lex watched Maroo working away for a few moments and when it seemed she had the hang of things, he nodded and gave a brief clap of his hands. "Excellent, thank you, Maroo," Lex exclaimed and let the young undine go about the grinding as he adjusted the flame in preparation for the next step of the process. With a lull in proceedings, he briefly looked back at Maroo. "Now that you can speak, Maroo, perhaps I could ask - what were you doing before you were captured in the Republic? What was your life like?"

Last edited by DoubleL1987; 01-30-2020 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:31 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
The slime girl, her mask covering the entirety of her face, and partially her eyes, blinks at this confounding man. Like when he had done it before, his hand colliding against his back caused her body to ripple and wobble like gelatin, despite how stable she was in seating.

Maroo was silently aided by the man, modifying her more crude, smashing motions into more gentle grinding ones. Though this had not stopped her from applying her strength to the mixture in the mortar.

"phonetic soundUmu?" Maroo questions the desire for an answer. She almost paused her work as she turns her head to look at Lex from an
normal image without text wrap
The shaft head tilt
odd angle then, after that pause, her head naturally rolls back into a proper position. She rocks from side to side, "Well. I don't think it was much interesting. I lived in a village of other undines like me. A pretty little lagoon...or was it a beach. I don't remember my words very well. Mm, dunno how much I can say. Pretty sure I was told by some elders not to talk about stuff of the Circle. Well, my life before that, I was taking care of animals and doing odd jobs. The usual day was like: get up in the morning, feed the land-beasts with Uncl' Georgio, horses, I think they were, then I'd wash face and body in the ocean, scour the bottom of the lagoon for rubbish, take care of the sea critters with Uncl' Kokori, then see the travel'n folk at the warmblood house- ah, I think it was called an 'inn'." She then goes off on the tangent, "Even tho all of us were undine, we had an inn for traveling merchants, and a stable too for their beasts. We traded them pearls we farm for useful stuff." She sounds mostly cheerful at her basic understanding of her own society, "Mm, where was I? Er, I was more of an odd job person before I was anyone special. I always wanted to be someone great and heroic like my great grandfather...the original owner of this mask. He was a Seakarl, someone amazing among the tribes." She smiles somewhat beneath her mask, her scattered mind finding great difficulty keeping on target, whether it is continuing the task of grinding, or answering Lex's questions.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:31 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
So she was an undine initially and the developed her morphing abilities? Fascinating! That revelation set Lex’s mind racing, and even as he paid near-total attention to the rest of Maroo’s conversation, he considered whether her abilities could be expanded to other races – the water-based nature of the undine did make it a good fit for the more flexible and durable slime shape, but theoretically speaking, it may not be too far removed from the shape-changing properties possessed by druids, and he could see no reason why it couldn’t be distilled to an alchemical extract the same way a spell could be duplicated.

”I’ve heard stories that the Udine were quite welcoming of outsiders, but that there was enough trade that you would stable their horses and even build an inn for them? Truly, experience is the best teacher,” Lex mused briefly, before appearing interested at her mention of an uncle. ”So a Seakarl among your people is someone who has achieved something the whole tribe would admire? How did your uncle earn this title?”

Maroo seemed to have the hang of grinding and so Lex finally released her hands and scooted back from her, watching in wonderment as the release of his grip made her shape flex and bend briefly before snapping back to normal. Taking a flask and pouring some Epsom Solution into it, he briefly swirled it around before placing a large-ish funnel in the mouth of the flask and held it for the wereslime to pour the crushed herbs in.

”Slowly now…Too fast and the condensation might cause a chain reaction with the puffballs,” Lex advised, both for Maroo and the audience (who, the distracted academic had yet to realise, had paid painfully-little attention to the theory he was espousing) before continuing their line of conversation. ”If it helps, Maroo, I know the feeling of wanting to live up to great heroic name all too well. My mother is known as one of the greatest alchemical minds alive today, and almost every generation of my family have been the same – people expect me to change the world somehow as well.”
Old 02-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2256
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Location Territory Owned By Time Weather
Northwest Islands The Tanqueax Republic 14:21pm Heavy Rain

Maroo & Lex"Come closer if you desire, but put something on. This man is an indecent lecher that wants to study everything inside and out."

When Maroo made that warning, there was what was a possibly typical response.

"I wouldn't mind being studied inside and out!" came a shout, followed by a trio of immature giggling. Then it dies down as the three consider the trade proposed by Lex. "Take your shirt off first, so we know you’re being serious!"

Once the tiefling is relieved of his top, his pale abs glistening in the jungle rain, the naiads begin to drop their guard. Slowly, they approach, and they soon perch themselves on the bank, looking to Lex. "Alright, hot stuff, we'll tell you about us and the tribes around our river. But the more we say, the more you strip, got it?"

Gangplank snarls, clearly frustrated with being sidelined by Lex and Maroo, and she raises her pistol to try and make sure that they take her threat seriously, part of her knowing that she can't really act on it. "I can hear where you two are!" she growls in the direction of a thick tree, her gun pointed at its trunk at head height.

Northwest Islands The Jambari Tribe 14:21pm Heavy Rain

Cookie, Grelynn & PhoebeMerope nods understandingly when Lady de Callier says that she would need to consult her companions first. She then looks to Cookie and shakes her head. "The wife would worry herself sick if I didn't get home tonight. I'll make sure she's ready to trade some recipes with you, though."

The walk is as much a struggle as before, as the rain only begins to get heavier. With every step, the mud becomes more like a river in of itself. Lady de Callier swings wildly with every step, trying not to drop Grelynn as she goes. Her groaning rucksack is clearly the issue, but she seems to take offense to the idea that it's too much. With a flustered set of blinks, she looks up to Phoebe. "Poor movement is a fair price for knowledge!" she barks, slipping down to one knee with a particularly clumsy step. "I need to take notes down at any time, and I need to organise... gyaaah!" With one great lurch, she begins to fall, only managing to throw Grelynn onto a tree root before landing face-first into the sludge beneath. She remains there for a few seconds before struggling up, trying to hide her face.

"Not like, so much, but I'm comfortable in any water," Merope answers when asked about a pond. "The river we call home is sacred. Fey-touched. But I'd rather that pond than the deserts of the south east isles. Even the Po'ka e'Noh Federation have left those wastes to the outsiders... at least for now."

Northwest Islands The Tanqueax Republic 15:29pm Heavy Rain

Together AgainThe lagoon doesn't receive any further areas, and if it was not for the weather it would be much more a relaxing place. The water swells like a great belly and the waterfall increases in intensity along with the heavy rain. Thundercracks shatter the sky dramatically. However, the lack of concern amongst the naiads or the various animals indicate that this is fairly regular weather. As another Cure Light Wounds potion is created, Lex finds an atmosphere free of distractions, save any further talk from Maroo, occasional grumbles from the lonely Gangplank, and the offering of information by the naiads. They are more comfortable by now and keen to share information, educating both him and his undine "prisoner" about the area immediately surrounding the river. They still make their intentions known, sometimes pryingly asking what they'd need to do to get Lex to remove his trousers as well.

"Are you sure it'd be dangerous to do alchemy without these?" one of the naiad asks, punctuating this by reaching a finger over and tugging teasingly at Lex's blackened trousers. By now, she and her friends are lounging on the ground, their forms those of pretty women covered by garments of reeds and leaves that Phoebe would approve of. She gives a wink, saying "you know, if you show me the goods, I'm willing to show mine. That a better trade?" before making a not-too-subtle gesture to what could be best described as her generously proportioned chest.

It is this scene that Lady de Callier, Phoebe, Grelynn, Cookie, and Merope return to.

Lady de Callier's blush is immediately hidden by the caked-on layers of mud, but instantly she turns away, looking with panic to Phoebe, Grelynn and Cookie. "How bad do I look?" she hisses, sounding quite urgent. Without waiting for an answer, she tries to wipe her face clean with bare hands, only succeeding in getting her face even muddier, then turns back to Lex and Maroo. "So, errr, did you two have an eventful time waiting? Was the pirate any trouble?" she asks, straining to sound casual. She walks over, pretending not to see the three new naiads. "So, as an update, Kukalani will be meeting us at Merope's tribe tomorrow, hopefully with other tribes willing to help us stop the pirates. Now, Merope has offered to let us camp at her tribe's home, but personally I would prefer to go back to Camp l'Arais so we can make sure we're prepared, can visit the armoury if we need or gather any other supplies. But I wanted to know your opinions first."

Merope, meanwhile, runs over to the other naiads, dark blotches of water on her cheeks appearing like a blush, as she tries to shoo them. "Girls! What are you doing, Tiarana's talked to you about this!"

"Don't be such a buzzkill, Merope! We're just watching the outsiders for... suspicious activity..."
Old 02-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1920
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
GrelynnThe taninim, after Lady had fallen into the mud, insisted on Phoebe carrying her, since she was cleaner. The dragoness, the whole time, looked unhappy that she was drenched. Her hair had undone its braids, making her hair a mess. She sighs and glares over at Lady, "As long as we go somewhere out of the rain! I am going to need a proper bath and drying! I gotta redo my hair again! This place is gross..."
Old 02-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Maroo wonders to herself what was in the water to make the local naiad's so...energetic. Looking over Lex, for an academic, he was a decent example of humanoid appeal. Muscle present, but it did not compare to the near-sculpted form Maroo can barely remember from the distant past of gazing into stagnant pools to see her own figure. Seeing a mirror was rare, but some man that all the girls in the land were trying to flirt with was, even more rare? Even after he had stripped this much, the girls were practically demanding nudity.

Sighing to herself, Maroo offered, "What if I took my clothes off, would that suffice?" Likely a poor barter, but Maroo had, by far, an uneasy feeling in her conceptual stomach about things that would happen with more bare flesh.

"Great Grandfather." Maroo corrects Lex. She looks down at her work, the herbs that would have been sticking to her skin has slipped somewhat into her membrane, far enough that she can taste and feed upon them. She idly touches her mask, grime free from being within her stomach, "Great grandfather was akin to a king to our people. In past ages, he was alike to a war chief, the greatest warrior among our people that had personally slain or tamed many terrors of the sea in our nomadic drift to inhabit the beaches of your nation."

She mostly ignores Gangplank, letting her think she is pointing at the two of them for now. She nods along to Lex's lecture. It made her wobble back and forth, almost tired enough to turn into her slime-y form. She blinks herself awake when Lex had revealed his background. She asks with some naivety, "Isn't it easy to change the world, even in a small way?"

Not quite listening to the, by far, too noisy approach by Lady de Callier, Maroo was in the process of trying to pry a naiad off of Lex's waistline. She had long since departed with the tunic that was covering her own form in hopes of preventing the naiads from making early attempts to have a go at Lex's trousers, though as a womanly, or perhaps slime-like figure, it didn't get the girls to stop having a go at their chosen boy-toy.

Maroo froze at hearing her handler's voice. She turns her head in the half-orc's direction, "N-no trouble." She immediately responds. She is undecided on whether or not to change back into her near-translucent slime form.

Being asked for an opinion, she looks between the harem of naiads forming around Lex's waistline, then back at Lady de Callier, "I fear for Lex's life if we go to Merope's tribe. But, if the Kukalani are meeting us there, it would save us a trek through the swamp again from going back to the camp." She says before stepping away from Lex, picking up the tunic she tossed aside on the muddy ground.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 02-04-2020 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:46 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6128
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Cookie"Orc Boss Lady look fine", Cookie answers when Lady de Callier asks about her appearance. "Mud good for skin. Help make lovely warts".

Walking over to the half naked Lex, Cookie all but ignores the near naked woman around him. "<Goblin>Tail Man sure well liked. Tail man cook tasty taste to have Water Ladies all over Tail Man. Can Cookie try? Or is Tail Man new Boss of Water Ladies? Cookie first Tribe Boss have Gobby Girls around him like Tail Man have now. Maybe that why Orc Boss Lady want to look pretty for Tail Man; so she can mate with Tail Man. Tail Man be next Big Big Boss? Can Cookie make tasty tastes for mating party? Ooo, we have big party next day to talk with other tribes to get help to fight pirates. Maybe Tail Man mate with all tribes Boss Ladies and be New Big Boss Island Chief<Goblin>"?

Last edited by taleteller50; 02-04-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 551
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Phoebe
right-aligned image
Phoebe flies up to the other naiads smiling. "Hello! Merope, these your friends?"

Considering that there were so many fey nearby, she continues, <Sylvan> "Pleased to meet you, ladies! My name is Phoebe and I have been guiding these outsiders. I trust you haven't had any trouble? Merope, what's wrong?" she asks turning to the other.

She hadn't really thought much of Lex taking off his shirt.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:11 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
Maroo’s offer to take off her clothes in order to save him seemed to pass by right over Lex’s head as he politely kept one of the Naiad at arm’s length while swirling the potion around – this was quite a delicate step of the process and while he appreciated how overcome with the ecstasy of knowledge his students were, he could not risk the potion going awry. However, her tale of her great-grandfather and what he did? That definitely drew his attention and he turned his back to the pouting fey to instead rejoin Maroo in front of the alchemy station and listen to her story. He noted the attention she paid to the mask, recalling she said it had belonged to him and he leaned forward, examining it with interest.

”So your family has a royal pedigree? That is quite impressive!” Lex nodded enthusiastically, casting a quick look at the alchemy station and deciding there were a few more minutes for him to pay full mind to Maroo’s history. Listening to the source directly was so much more fulfilling than learning from a book. ”Is that mask of yours a sign of your family’s position, or is it a keepsake you carry with you?” The alchemist did find it puzzling that if Maroo came from a family of power, what she was doing performing menial tasks, but given how helpful and willing the wereslime had been since they had met, maybe that was just her nature?

Her question made him smile fondly at the smaller Undine. ”I believe every day we do something, we change the world in a small way, whether bad or good,” When he mentioned the former, his gaze briefly went over to Gangplank – given how pouty and cranky she seemed now, it was slightly difficult to believe she was a terrifying pirate who’s crew had led to the death of dozens of natives. ”The problem is people don’t always see change happening before their eyes, if it’s slow or small. People want big flashy changes that immediately change the way of doing or thinking things. Take our expedition here – people like the Lady and myself, we want to take the time to study the Isles, to learn everything it has to offer from the natives to its resources to its history. I believe this is the best way, because then we can learn more and effect a larger change. But…It is slow,” The fond smile became slightly sad. ”And as I said, civilization abhors slow change. They would rather send raiders in and strip mine everything visible, uncaring of what we might lose in the rubble. I accept the principle that advancement has to come at a sacrifice at some point – alchemy itself used to be built on the principle of equivalent exchange, that we could not have something without a sacrifice of equal value. But with Alhezerd’s principle, we were able to reduce the cost of alchemy. In the same way, learning and benefitting from the Isles does not have to come at the cost of its people, and its beauty.”

Lex’s melancholy lasted for a few more moments, until a small phut from the bubbling potion caught his attention and his face shifted back to its pleasant expression. ”I apologise for that long story, Maroo. But yes, it is always easy to change the world in a small way…So long as you don’t mind that you are the only person that notices the change.”

It was a fairly eventful hour and Lex felt he had learnt more of the Naiad culture in that short time than all the books put together that he had read. However, despite the alluring feys’ best attempts, Lex’s pants stayed resolutely on as he politely refused taking them off, mentioning that it was always best to keep loose objects safely tucked away while working with flames and chemicals. He was about to talk about the process of creating Mutagens, which he considered even more fascinating than simple potion brewing, and had just taken out the ingredients when the one Naiad made another try at worming the tiefling out of his pants (something that promptly summoned Maroo to try and deal with her – she truly was the best of assistants and Lex wondered if, at the end of this, she might be interested in a career in academics) when the rest of the group returned, finding their alchemist in the centre of a group of water nymphs, shirtless, with one clinging to his waist and their de-clothed wereslime busy trying to wrestle her off of him.

While there were many responses that men would give in this situation, Lex’s was very…Well, Lex-like. His eyes lit up and a great big smile came out on his face in happiness at seeing his comrades returned safely, and in the middle of such an enriching experience to boot! ”Lady Pierra, Cookie, Phoebe, Princess Grelynn, Merope! Welcome back!” Apparently Merope had informally become part of their group for the time being given the enthusiastic greeting she received. Lex immediately made his way over to the new arrivals, briefly pulling the Naiad with him before she hooked her grip into his pants and the alchemist’s forward stride and her backwards slide finally led to that saucy minx Physics accomplishing what several Naiads and an armed pirate could not, namely separating him from his pants and leaving him in only his underwear. Lex stumbled briefly before just stepping entirely out of them – he was not actively brewing at the moment, so safety was not of a great concern – and immediately seizing Lady Pierra’s hands and pumping them with enthusiasm.

”My Lady, you would not believe the last hour I have experienced in the company of these ladies! The things I heard, the things that were seen, the things we did – it was…Exhilarating!” His one hand whipped around to point at the slime-girl who was in the process of redressing herself. ”You can ask Maroo! She watched for most of it, but joined in at the end – she has surprisingly skilled hands.” The hand now moved to the blanket-wrapped pirate. ”Oh, by the way, we forgot to disarm Gangplank apparently and she still has her pistol. Also, you will have to inform me on the correct protocol of whether she is allowed to make a profit off of any ventures she instigates while in our custody.”

Lex’s babbling was only interrupted when Lady de Callier asked for their opinion on the next course of action. Learning more from the Naiad was an appealing prospect, but given the possibility of a battle, proper preparation was perhaps in order. ”The trek through the swamp may go easier now that we know the way, so I would prefer returning to camp. But if the Naiads have no problem with me performing more alchemy in their village, I am amicable to that option as well.”

Cookie approached him as Lex had turned his attention to trying to get his pants back from the Naiad, politely extending his hand and requesting them back as he looked down at the Goblin. ”<Goblin>”Well, I don’t know about cooking, but they were certainly voracious students of alchemy – I admit to not having had such an attentive group before. If you wish, Cookie, I could teach you some basic alchemy. It is not all that different from cooking, you simply follow a recipe and prepare it accordingly.” Cookie’s next line of conversation seems to throw Lex entirely, and given the puzzled eyebrow he lifted in the goblin’s direction, it was clear that he had not even thought of that possibility in the entire time they had been on the isles (and possibly even longer) and he said as much. <Goblin>”Mating? No, Cookie, I do not believe I will be…Mating with anyone from the tribes. As a scholar, it would be a conflict of interest and besides, it would be disruptive to the tribal structure if an outsider became leader. As for our expedition leader…”

Lex, one hand still held out for his pants, briefly looked at the young half-orc, covered almost head to toe in mud and sludge and a brief warm smile twitched across his lips before he turned back to Cookie. <Goblin>”I do not believe Lady de Callier would have to work hard to be pretty for any man, let alone a lowly scholar like myself. I am quite certain her interest in me stems no further than our being research partners in this venture.”

Last edited by DoubleL1987; 02-05-2020 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:35 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
-"WOW!.. Tail Man must be dumbest smart guy Cookie ever see. Orc Boss Lady may not be throwing body against Tail Man like Water Ladies but even Cookie see she like you more then just for what Tail Man know".

"And Cookie know how to al-che-my, is just other kind of way to mix and cook stuff. Most not tasty taste but can still be good for other things".

Walking back over to Lady de Callier, Cookie looks at her and sighs. "Cookie feel sorry for Orc Boss Lady. Tail Man not see truth well. Cookie help Orc Boss Lady if she ever need to shove truth in Tail Man's face so he can see".
Old 02-05-2020, 11:25 AM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2256
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge

The JungleLady de Callier is barely able to respond when Lex, with only his underwear covering him, took her by both hands and told her all about the many exhilarating things that were seen, done and learned. Her eyes kept drifting downward his mostly naked and very wet form, before she would correct herself and look him straight in the eye. "F-f-fantastic! I... I love the fact that you've learned new things, knowledge is... it's just... great! Knowledge is great!" she stammers awkwardly. She then looks to the riverbank, noticing that the naiads save Merope are wooping and cheering at the sight of the near naked alchemist, before she puts her palms together and gives a fierce huff, before looking down to Lex's abs. "As nice as those are, could you possibly... umm... put some more clothes on? You are in the presence of nobility and, umm, it's not proper for a man of your... and a lady of my errr... hmmmmmmmph!" She doesn't finish her sentence, walking straight past him to keep her eyes off of him.

Her first port of call is Maroo, who she glares at with eyes filled with hate and just a hint of jealousy. "If you thought he was in danger, why did you let those undines near him?!" she hisses under her breath. "Also, I want to know exactly what you did to him with your quote 'surprisingly skilled hands' and if he lived up to expecta... no, if you hurt him!" She is stopped in her tirade when she notices Cookie walking over to her after a conversation with Lex. She briefly looks up to him, in the middle of reaching for his trousers, almost beaming in the dark jungle, and she looks away. "Idontknowwhatyouretalkingabout," she says too quickly to be honest. Then she takes a deep breath and bends down to the goblin, whispering into his ear. In the middle of the conversation, she briefly looks back to Lex, then immediately goes back to whispering into the goblin's ear.

The naiads are at first entirely focused on Lex, all three in the water chanting "<Sylvan> Take 'em off! Take 'em off! Take 'em off!" before Phoebe hovered over to them. The fellow fey greet the pixie with a respectful nod; they clearly view her less as a stranger and more a friend.

<Sylvan> "You know how Tiarana is very... anti-outsider," Merope began to explain to Phoebe, gesturing to the naiads in the water. <Sylvan> "Meet the members of our brood who disagree with her the most."

<Sylvan> "Hey, we're not pro-outsider! We just recognise that fey aren't the only inhabitants of these isles," one naiad protests.

<Sylvan> "Or the cutest."

<Sylvan> "And, let's face it, some of the outsiders are pretty hot! So we like to watch them, it's not a crime!" the last naiad insists, before gesturing to Phoebe to come closer. <Sylvan> "You've hit the jackpot, you lucky little so-and-so! Tell me, in guiding them, have you seen his..."

<Sylvan> "Girls! Don't make me tell Tiarana you've been doing this again!" Merope suddenly shouted. All three of the naiads roll their eyes, and slide back into the water. She then looks to Phoebe, understanding her concern. <Sylvan> "Honestly, we have had more trouble than usual. Before some of the folks from the native tribes would get ambitious and think that killing us would grant them godly powers, but the outsiders... I don't think they're not all bad, but the bad ones hunt for sport. And worse, their weapons hurt."

When Grelynn makes her opinion known, Gangplank makes out a foul, howling laugh. "Spoken like a true elf!" she bellows, before pointing somewhere above Grelynn's head. "I kid, but she's my favourite! If I could kill you all, I'd kill her last!"

Lady de Callier snarls, before looking down to Grelynn. "Of course we can go back and get you dry. I think most of us would rather go back anyway," she says. She then reaches down to the tanimin, as if about to scratch her behind the ear, before hesitates. "I'm sorry, would it be appropriate? I'd kind of like to, errr... you remind me a lot of my childhood dog, see, and... ummm..."
Old 02-05-2020, 03:09 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
It doesn't seem Lex was getting it. Or at the very least, his understanding of undine culture was surface-level. Well, to be honest, Maroo only knew what she experienced. She shakes her head profusely, though strangely her hair doesn't move with it. She answers, "Great grandfather was an amazing person, but everyone in the tribe is descendants of the Seakarl. And the Seakarl, isn't just some royalty or leader, he is a hero. And this mask..." She touches the coral artwork once more, "Is all that remains of his legacy, that I know of. Mama was fond of telling me the tales of the Seakarl. And how when he fell, most of his regalia was divided among his wives, and the clans that were born from it either sold such items off, or enshrined them. This-" She gestures to the mask, "Was an object of no magic, and was not seen to have such value."

Maroo, holding the tunic to her chest in a rather girlish fashion despite her more or less bumpkin-like nature. Though, this is immediately overshadowed by Lex's tripping, revealing much of himself. There is a slight feeling in her chest caused by the display, but Maroo chalks it up to some unrelated hunger.

When he begins speaking a mile a minute, gesturing and praising her, Maroo holds out both of her hands, rejecting his claims as fast as she could, "I didn't do anything special." She sensed a death glare from the lady that had control over whether Maroo lived or died, "Wait, wait wait, all I did was crushed some petals. And all they-" She gestures with her hand still holding onto her tunic, "The naiads just started throwing money around because the pirate recommended Lex to undress for money. Then he started doing it to hear about the naiad people." Maroo was entirely unqualified to ramble on as Lex does, but she had to correct the record.

When Lady de Callier made her personal approach to Maroo, she explained herself again, "He invited them in, when they got handsy I tried pulling them away. He had me crush herbs, so I crushed herbs, I didn't do anything you expected." Standing upright and being so expressive was quite exhausting. If she didn't have a mask on, someone could likely see her facial features sagging or losing details.

Thankfully, de Callier turned her attentions to the goblin while the naiads started chanting. Maroo could only sigh, and get dressed in her own time. Once a shirt was covering her chest, she walks over to Grelynn's side. She crosses her arms beneath her own chest, "So, we are returning to camp?"
Old 02-06-2020, 01:28 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
-Cookie listened to Lady de Callier as she whispered to him, answering her as she finished. "Seems like waste to Cookie. Orc Boss Lady should just take what Orc Boss Lady wants. But if that what Orc Boss Lady wants Cookie can try find way. Cookie tell Orc Boss Lady when Cookie does".

Moving over to Merope, Cookie smiles at her once she pauses talking to Phoebe. "Well, look like this Nice Water Lady's time to leave. Cookie promise to bring as many tasty tastes to tribe meeting for Nice Water Lady and Nice Water Lady Wife to try". Glancing over to the three other naiads as they continue to look over at Lex, Cookie suddenly had an idea.

"Hey, if Horny Water Ladies want see naked men so much Cookie could talk with men at camp to see if any want to come to meeting and meet Water Ladies. Cookie promise men Cookie bring want only to mate, not hurt like pirates. Cookie know many men who whine how no good women in camp. They be very happy to meet Water Ladies and take off cloths for Water Ladies. This way Water Ladies leave Tail Man for Orc Boss Lady".

Last edited by taleteller50; 02-06-2020 at 01:30 AM.