twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-15-2020, 11:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3825
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Before Serah could react, two of the group went into the fog in the direction of the strange and twisted singing that they were hearing. She began to shout, "Wait, don't go off by your.... but it was hopeless, they had already gone off.

"Go after them," she nodded to one of the Night's Watch.

Inclining his head, the man ran off after them into the fog, leaving the Inspector with Lerissa and the townsfolk staring at the two remaining women standing over the body. Sighing softly, her sigh disappearing into the night sky, she shook her head. It was going to be a bad night.

Stepping forwards, she gestured to Lerissa to follow her.

Glancing sharply over to Grace as the woman spoke, Serah shook her head, fixing her with a gaze from her blue eyes. Before she replied, she looked back to the townsfolk.

"Disperse them," she said to the remaining Night Watch standing with her.

As the guards set about their task, prodding the curious townsfolk along to go back to their homes, Serah addressed Grace.

"If I knew who was singing, I'd already have set my men to arrest them," she said coolly. "However, while I gather up your remaining friends, I think you all have some explaining to do. Who are you, and what....." she went over to the body and knelt down next to it.

"....did you do to her?"

Staring at the body, Serah closed her eyes and shook her head as she whispered, "Beatrice....".

There was a hint of a tremble as she clenched her left hand into a fist. Then, reaching out, she closed the woman's eyes gently as she opened her own.

"Where is the blood?"

Standing, she looked to Grace first.

"Tell me what happened. What did you do to her?"

There was a shadow in her eyes as her voiced echoed ominously. A shadow of something unspeakable.

Before Grace could answer though, she turned to Lerissa and added, "And you.....Andraste," there was a slight hesitation before she spoke the name. "Do you know either of them?"

Her eyes glinted dangerously, reflecting in the lantern light as she moved over to Lili. Leaning in to her, Serah whispered, "You carry with you the stench of blood and death,"

The word death hung poised in the air, like a dark shroud cast over all of them, across the edge of eternity itself.
Serah smiled slightly, her eyes still glittering as she looked from Lili, to Grace, and then back to Lerissa. She did not speak. She did not have to.

I know your crimes. All of them. There is nothing you can hide from me.

The Search for QuintessaSheryllin and Xahra ventured forth into the fog after Quintessa, the elf's ultimate fate hanging over them like an unanswered question. What had happened to her? Had she found the mysterious singer? Had she been swallowed up by the fog itself, never to return?

Around them, the walls of the alleyway grew further apart, and the feeling of being closed in receded.....until it had almost dissipated. Yet, one thing that did not recede was the uncanny, unpleasant feeling that one would have if they were certain that they were being watched. Moving away from the lantern-light behind them, their surroundings grew darker -- ever darker. That, combined with the thickening fog, made it almost impossible to see in front of them, even with the help of dark or low-light vision.

The singing had stopped now, and the silence was unsettling. A silence that was broken by Sheryllin calling out frantically for the lost elf.

"Quintessa!"

Sheryllin called out, to no avail, as her stalwart dwarven companion walked next to her. Soon, it became obvious that they too, had become lost in the fog.

And then Sheryllin called out for another.

"Alize, if you are still with me, help. Please!"

Finally, the darkness answered. Suddenly, the fog parted, and a figure walked forwards towards Sheryllin and Xahra. Swathed in the fog, the form was difficult to make out at first. Then, as the figure came closer, its features became recognisable.

It was a young woman, with a hood drawn up over her head. Her brown eyes looked to Sheryllin.

"Sheryl....," Alize spoke, looking to the half-elf.

Alize? Here? In the flesh? She had never appeared to anyone before.

"I can help you. Show you. She is not far...." she swallowed as she stepped forwards.

"There is a price though. I do not know when I can come again here to this place Sheryl."

Alize shuddered, bowing her head. With a trembling hand, she reached out, almost as if to touch Sheryllin's arm, but as she did, she stopped, and her hand fell to her side. Alize looked up, and she smiled sadly.

"There," she pointed to the right. As she pointed, the fog suddenly began to thin in the area that she pointed to. A form could be seen on the floor, completely still and unmoving.

It was Quintessa. Her eyes were closed as she lay on her back, spreadeagled over the cobblestones. Cobblestones that were stained with blood. So much blood. Underneath her back, a pool of blood had begun to spread, staining the floor beneath her. Even from here, Sheryl could see because of a Perception of 20what had happened to her. Her stomach had been slashed open savagely, and blood continued to pour from the terrible, terrible wound. Yet of who, or what, had done this to her, there was no sign. The pretty elf lay still, as the blood continued to flow from her dreadful injuries.

Then Alize looked back to Sheryl, and her form began to fade, becoming translucent and ghost-like.

"I....always believed Sheryl. I always believed you would come for me. I still do."

A tear rolled down Alize's cheek.

"Help me Sheryl....find me. He won't let me go....."

And then she faded into nothingness.

Last edited by Nade; 02-16-2020 at 04:36 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14399
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Grace
left-aligned image
Grace couldn't help but to roll her eyes at the pompous woman addressing her. The ridiculousness of the scene was almost too much and as much as she tried to fight it, Grace couldn't keep the contempt from her voice. "What did we do... to her?" The sorcerer laughed lightly as she shook her head. "What we did here was try to save this poor soul's life. In that we failed."

Grace waved her hand theatrically towards her companions. "I have no idea who these people are... none. I have no idea were I am... none. I was walking home when I was embraced by the mists. Now I am here explaining the painfully obvious to you."

The frail woman stared hard at the woman... obviously a deputy of sorts. "We did not kill the woman. I did attack the killer, his carriage will be scorched if you care to look for it." Grace looked around and noticed the three missing woman and she rubbed her hand across her face, clearly annoyed.

"And yes... now there are three other woman lost in the mists because they thought it would be wise to run... rather than face your simple questions."

OOC

Actions & Rolls

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 02-16-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4432
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
left-aligned image

"Thanks for helping me." Sheryllin said to Xahra, as they
Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
continued to search. It felt good to have someone on her side for once. Especially since she was sure they were now both lost to the fog. With that thought, she impulsively apologized. "I... I'm sorry for getting you away from the others."

Then a blessing occurred. The fog parted, as another began to come toward them. At first she thought it might be Quinntessa, having heard their calls. But as the figure moved closer still, Sheryllin inhaled sharply as she peered in to the sad eyes of Alize. Alize, who was more beautiful than Sheryllin had remembered.

Her chest tightened as the vision before her told her there was a price for her aid. A price that Sheryllin only now knew that she didn't wish to pay. She had become accustomed to the girl's voice in her ear. There was a connection between them, one that she'd always knew could never be more than whispers on the wind. But now, with Alize standing before her, everything was more real than it had ever been before.

"No." Sheryllin finally said, her voice choked with feeling. But her ghost-friend had already parted the fog, and was even now beginning to fade. The half-Elf thief rushed forward, wanting to touch Alize for the first, and perhaps the last, time. "Rwy'n dy garu di! Fe ddof o hyd ichi, Alize. Rwy'n addo!" But even as she Translation from Elven {Welsh}: "I love you! I will find you, Alize. I promise!"said it, there was nothing to touch. Alize was gone, and Sheryllin was again too late.

She wanted to scream, to cry. To drop to her knees and embrace the coldness that suddenly overcame her. But she couldn't. To do so would be to waste the gift Alize had given her.

Instead, she ran to the girl she could save, she hoped. "Xahra, here!" she yelled out, even if the Dwarf got there first. Dropping to her knees, she looked to
Dice Horror Check:
1d20+2 (20)+2 Total = 22
Quintessa's wounds. "I don't know what to do!" she looked up at the 'follower of Athena', pleading with her eyes. "Can you help her?" She will aid the healer in any way that she is asked.

Last edited by In the Mix; 02-17-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3241
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Lili
right-aligned image
Lili knew full well she didn't want to be in the alley when the authorities arrived. She didn't necessarily know where she was. But she could recognize the atmosphere of this place. And she knew without a shadow of a doubt people would not react in the rational manner Grace expected them to. So, yes, hiding or leaving the crime scene was the best choice in this instance.

For the life of her Lili couldn't understand how the rest of the group didn't realize what sort of place they found themselves in. Could they not smell the stench of evil? Were their senses so dull that they could not feel the twisted presence of monstrosities of all shapes and forms? Did they not realize that in a place like this nothing would work the way they were used to.

Before Lili could do or say anything the situation shifted once again with multiple simultaneous occurrences. None of which too favorable for the group. A dark, twisted song permeated the fog that seemed to be the standard for this ominous realm. Sheryllin, the fairy creature, suddenly announced she was going after Quin, the other fairy maiden. And the dwarven female, Xara followed quickly after. Well, at least if they get lost too like Quin, they won't be alone. Lili considered, turning her gaze back to Grace. The blood huntress opened her mouth to say something to the peculiar woman when two figures emerged from the fog.

There is nowhere to go little one. Nowhere you can hide. He waits for you, and so does she. Nothing you can do can alter your destiny.

Lili heard the voice whisper into her mind, but ignored it. She knew quite well all the voices in her head. Some she trusted more than others, but all were familiar and recognized. This new one was alien and the blood huntress had decided to pay it no mind. It had done nothing to earn a place among her confidants.

“Well well, what do we have here then.” One of the figures said with judgement in her voice, plucking Lili back into the present moment. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.

Here we go! The blood hunter thought as she stood her ground next to Grace. Just because the two didn't see eye to eye didn't mean Lili would abandon her now that the knife was to their throats. And besides, someone had to stay and make sure she didn't talk herself into a noose with her absurd black and white way of doing things.

It quickly became apparent that the newcomer who'd spoken up was some sort of a constable.

"Tell me what happened. What did you do to her?" The question confirmed Lili's assumptions about the redhead's occupation. She sighed once again and opened her mouth to say something when, inevitably, Grace beat her to the punch. And once again Lili closed her eyes tiredly and sighed. The blood huntress waited patiently for Grace to finish her sermon. But before she managed to share her own version of what had transpired in the alley, the inspector approached her with what she probably thought was a rather chilly accusation.

"You carry with you the stench of blood and death." Lili pulled her head back slightly to look the other woman in the eyes.

The haunted look of ever-present sorrow and pain that only really went away when Lili was in the grips of her blood-lust, seemed to deepen impossibly at the words of the inspector. But nothing more. There was no shock at the statement. No flicker of guilt in her pained, blue eyes where the dead woman but a few feet from them was concerned.

The saddest smile adorned her lips.

"Did you expect me to be shocked and deny it?" Lili asked. Her voice ever quiet, haunted sounding. "I am a monster, inspector. You are quite right. You cannot fathom the amount of blood that stains my hands and taints my soul! But I will never deny my victims the dignity of acknowledging their passing by my hands!" Lili stated with a quiet resolve as her blue eyes misted with the burden of her sins. "So... Believe me or don't... I care little. But her life will not be among the countless others I've snuffed out." The blood huntress turned her gaze to the victim.

As Lili fell silent another voice spoke in her ear. Not that of the inspector. And then a vision of a face appeared in the place of the inspector's. A familiar one. Too familiar. And once again the vision beckoned at Lili.

And after a moment the vision was gone and the blood huntress was once again locking gazes with the harsh inspector.

Lili's lip curled up on one side. A hint of the familiar bloodlust reigniting in her blue eyes.

"Tell me, inspector... For someone so apt in smelling blood and death on strangers... Shouldn't we be the one asking you what the hell happened here. It seems to me like what happened here to this woman might be quite the frequent occurrence!" Lili's right brow rode high on her forehead. "Like Grace here stated. We have no idea how we arrived to be in your neck of the woods. Or which wood that might be. But I can tell you something. For you to be so in tune with death and blood and the smell of it all. It must mean you're intimately familiar with it." The blood hunter leaned into the inspector's personal space. "Frequent exposure as it were!" Lili pulled back. "So instead of trying to push blame on unassuming tourists in your 'lovely' town... The blood huntress cast her gaze about their drab, dreary surroundings as if to emphasize the fine layer of sarcasm that coated the word 'lovely'. "Maybe give us your unbiased ear and we'll gladly tell you everything we know." Lili's voice dropped an octave. Not really menacing. But it was as if the monster within her was clawing at the opportunity to come out and play with the inspector.

OOC

Character Details

Old 02-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3711
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Chapter 1: The Mist
left-aligned image
Something was speaking directly into her brain. She hated it when the gods reached into her mind and twisted her like some kind of sculpting clay - but they were gods. Whatever this was, was a kind of malevolence that she tolerated even less - but seemed equally powerless to resist. I somehow doubt that a voice, such as yours, is attributable to any of the fates, Clotho, Apropos, Lachesis or their minions. As such, I doubt with vehemence that you hold sway over them and can effect your decree. Yet, if it is to be, then you'll have to suffice yourself with the lifeless husk of my carcass - and without me in your clutches at all. she thought back vehemently.

Meanwhile, an aspiration appeared before them. Sheryl appeared to know her, called her Aliza even. Zarra was not buying it, something was wrong - her divine senses told her that aspirations of any flavor were generally hostile. "I don't trust it, Sheryl. Spirits lament the living, they rarely help them. It could be a trap." Somehow her flail ended up back in her hand, while her owl-shaped holy symbol flashed in the limited light of the Mist.

She wasn't sure what to be ready to find, just that her hackles were raised and she fell back upon both her faith and her training.

"Thanks for helping me." Sheryllin said to Xahra, as they continued to search. It felt good to have someone on her side for once. Especially since she was sure they were now both lost to the fog. With that thought, she impulsively apologized. "I... I'm sorry for getting you away from the others."

"We are both in an unfamiliar situation. It seemed wise to stick together, and my ancestor; Athena; knew the meaning of wisdom, so I try to defer to it when possible.

So, if you do not mind my prying, who was Aliza - and I say, was, because I am not sure any of us are the same as we were after death."
She was just asking, when Sheryl took off.

"Xahra, here!" she yelled out, even if the Dwarf got there first. Dropping to her knees, she looked to the other half-Elf's wounds. "I don't know what to do!" she looked up at the 'follower of Athena', pleading with her eyes. "Can you help her?"

Running. She was short! She didn't like to run! Armor was heavy! She really did not like running, okay fine, she was often faster than her fully legged brethren when she ran in armor, but still. She sighed audibly, and took off after Sheryl. They shouldn't split up, especially if Hecate was running amuck with Mist, that stuff was dangerous!

She got there shortly later, to survey the situation.

Actions

Character Demographics

My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luc (Luke) Ignatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Old 02-17-2020, 08:01 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12915
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Lerissa - at the murder scene
right-aligned image
Lerissa only took a couple steps forward when Serah called her to accompany her. It started to occur to the Tiefling that if Lerissa had been cleared of the charge of murder, then there really was no reason to be there. But apparently this corrupt sheriff or deputy or whatever was now going to accuse this new woman (Grace) of the crime. Serah obviously didn't care about the truth, just as long as she was able to blame somebody and say that she did her job when she hung an innocent woman.

Then again, Grace's rebuttal was brilliant. Lerissa smirked but was able to hold back outright laughter. She almost laughed again when Serah used the fake name that Lerissa had given her. A toothy smile is all that Lerissa displayed, however. "Know them?" she shook her head confidently. "But a wagon or carriage or whatever should be really easy to track... Besides, there can't be that many people who own one." Even a city-girl like Serah should be able to find the ruts that a carriage would leave behind.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Serah’s expression held something unspeakable inside of it. It wasn’t anger, and it wasn’t hatred. It was something more base than that, something more primal. She looked to the body on the floor, and the dead woman’s expression. No matter what Serah had done in closing her eyes, the woman’s expression spoke of a terrible horror, one that deny her any sort of peace in the afterlife — if indeed there was an afterlife where this poor, tormented soul had gone to.

They were alone now, the crowd having been dispersed and the Nights Watch having been sent to make sure they got home peacefully and safely.

When Lili leant in close to Serah, the proud Inspector held her ground, staring the woman down with her gaze unflinching. Holding her gaze, Serah stood tall, and her mouth twisted upwards as she whispered, ”Blood hunter,” with a knowing look.

She did not directly answer Lili’s accusation of being familiar with blood and death. Instead, her expression said it all.

In Paridon, everyone is familiar with blood and death. It is the way of things here.

Standing there with three strangers alone, if the thought crossed her mind that she could have been attacked by them at any point, Serah didn’t show it. Instead, she stood next to the body, and she gazed down to it thoughtfully. In truth the Inspector did believe they were innocent. She believed they were innocent because she knew.....she knew that after all these years it was about to start again. And this time, just like last time, she was powerless to do anything about it.

Her eyes went from Grace, to Lili, to Lerissa.

Or was she?

“Tell me,” she began softly. “Tell me....what do you see when you look at her.”

She made a slight gesture with her arm towards the body before continuing.

“What I see is a woman who was not just killed. I see someone who had been driven to the point of insanity before she died. She was afraid.....and it was the sort of terror that was.....unspeakable. There’s murder, and then there is this, and this is on another level.”

Whereas before her voice was a practiced coldness, there were the first hints of something else in her voice now. An emotion that she had tried hard....so hard to keep concealed under the surface.

“I see the face of someone who knew they were going to die and couldn’t do anything to stop it.”

Another slight tremor in her voice as Serah hesitated before continuing.

Serah’s eyes blazed now with that light again as she looked to Grace, ”It was this exact night, thirteen years ago, that we found a similar body. Lying on the floor, the way she is. There wasn’t a drop of blood in her body, and none around the crime scene. The next night, there was another, and then another. Five nights, five bodies, in the exact same fashion.”

Serah took a deep breath.

“I don’t believe you killed her. I don’t know if this is the same cycle starting again. I’ve never seen you here before, and the way you stand over the body doesn’t look good yet.....”

She looked back to the body before looking back up. She sighed, and when she spoke again, it was with the practiced control of someone who was trying to keep their emotions held inside of them.

“.....whoever it is, they’ve killed my friend. Will you help me find them? You’ve seen their face, you’re closer to finding them than I can be.”

At Quintessa"I don't know what to do!"

As the two of them arrived to Quintessa’s body, Sheryl’s voice echoed around them as she implored they dwarf for help. It might have been a trick of her imagination, but as the words echoed....and as they disappeared into the gloom, perhaps it was something else that she was feeling.

Perhaps it was the fact that for the first time in a long time, Sheryl was alone. It was a loss that could be felt keenly, that of the ghost Alize as she had faded away, seemingly into nothingness.

Was she truly gone now, having expended her essence to help Sheryl and Xahra find the way? Was there nothing left of Sheryl’s companion, who had watched over her with everything she had?

Did Alize still exist somewhere......had she ever truly existed, or was she nothing but a fading echo of madness locked deep away within Sheryl’s wounded soul?

It was an emptiness that surrounded her as she looked to the body with Xahra.

It seemed hopeless. Quintessa’s abdomen torn open with the claws of something both savage and terrible. An open gaping wound that exposed her innards as the blood continued to pour from the terrible injury. Her eyes were closed though, almost as if she had passed out, and had been spared the horrific pain of her final moments. Blood splattered up to her neck and the lower half of her face.

And then....out of the corner of her eyes, Xahra saw it. It was faint, but it was there. A very, very light movement in her chest as it pushed up and down.

Quintessa still lived. Barely.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
right-aligned image
Lerissa stood silently as the others droned on about 'terrors' and dead people and blood on their hands. It was all she could do to not roll her eyes at the situation and the overly-dramatic way these people loved to talk. But in the end, Serah of the Night Watch said that she knew that none of the woman here, including Lerissa, were guilty of any crimes. "So, if that's all you need me for, then can I just go now?" She had heard the woman's request for aid but quite frankly Serah seemed half insane. She'd already issued threats against Lerissa and had done nothing to endear herself other than admit that there was no evidence that Lerissa had committed a crime. So, no; she saw no reason at all to help this woman with her own job.

Last edited by girlplay; 02-18-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14399
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Grace
left-aligned image
Grace watched the facade fall from the fire-haired woman's face... saw the creep of painful emotion show itself and the sorcerer knew that she could do the same. She released a loud sigh of relief as she let her orbiting lights slowly blink out of existence one at a time. Grace listened carefully to the woman's sorrowful tale, committing the details to memory, watching the storyteller's face carefully for any signs of deception.

Grace was about to speak when the tiefling did so first. The sorcerer had already surmised that the infernal one must be suffering the same fate as the rest of the wayward women. She seemed as lost as everyone else... if a bit more put out by the process as evident by her words. When she asked for permission to leave, Grace shook her head and spoke up, her voice soft but firm.

"Where will you go? Have you any idea where you are?" she asked the tiefling before she turned to look at the deputy. "I will have your name before I commit to anything... but I will have you know that my particular skill set lends itself to an investigation of this sort. That is a conversation for another place... preferably someplace indoors and safe... or as safe as you can provide."

Grace looked about at the other woman and spoke to all of them. "I speak for no one but myself... but we must be here for a reason. I do not believe in coincidences. Let us work together... or not... but either way I will not be found dead and drained of blood."

OOC

Actions & Rolls

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 02-18-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:43 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Lerissa shrugged at Grace's question. "I'm pretty good at finding my way. It's been kind of a necessary thing since I've had to be on my own, for the most part." She grinned slightly. "Thank you for the concern for my well-being," she said with a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

Turning to Serah, the Tiefling asked, "So, how much would you pay us for doing your job for you?"
Old 02-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3711
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Chapter 1: The Mist
left-aligned image
"Sheryl, she appears quite injured, but she breathes still." Zarra saw the minute rising and falling of the chest. She knew that wounds of this caliber were deadly, even if treated by mundane sources. Asclepius' followers were very proficient, but often even their hands could not save a life without divine intervention.

"Είδος Ασκληπιού, γιος του μακρινού πυροβολισμού Απόλλωνα,
πρώτα από τους γιατρούς, ταχύτερα από θεραπευτές, έμπιστος
επισκευαστές σπασμένων ανδρών και γυναικών, μέσα από σένα
Κάντε το κουτσός με τα πόδια, οι ασθενείς ανανεώνουν την καλή υγεία τους?
μέσα από σας είναι πληγές επουλωθεί, οστά δεμένη, και η ασθένεια
καμένος μακριά? με την καλοσύνη σας και θα μπορούσαμε να ξανακερδίσουμε
χαρά στη ζωή μας. Ασκληπιού, φίλος της ανθρωπότητας,
Σας προσεύχομαι, ζητώ την εύνοιά σας. Μπορώ να
να θεραπευτεί από αυτή την θλίψη, μπορώ να ανακτήσει
μέσω και μέσω, μπορεί σθένος και ζωτικότητα
Επιστρέψτε σε μένα. Ασκληπιού, συμπονετικός,
έμαθα ένα, πολυμήχανος ένα, ζητώ την ευλογία σου."

She spoke, and as she did so, a healthy bluish white glow emanated from the owl pendant hanging from her neck. She closed her eyes and laid her hand upon Quintessa, not meaning to fully restore her, but to at least give enough aid to stop the bleeding, and alleviate some of the pain.

Translation:Kind Asklepios, son of far-shooting Apollo,
first of physicians, swiftest of healers, trusted
mender of broken men and women, through you
do the lame walk, the sick renew their good health;
through you are wounds healed, bones knit, and illness
burnt away; by your goodness and might do we regain
joy in our lives. Asklepios, friend of mankind,
I pray to you, I seek your favor. May I
be healed of this affliction, may I recover
through and through, may vigor and vitality
return to me. Asklepios, compassionate one,
learned one, resourceful one, I ask your blessing.

Actions

Character Demographics

My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luc (Luke) Ignatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!
Old 02-20-2020, 11:16 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4432
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
left-aligned image

Sheryllin watches as Xahra works to keep Quin alive. She can see the girl's chest lift, indicating she was at least still breathing.

And with that small indication, followed by the soft glow of magic used by the healer, Sheryl sat back on her haunches and breathed a sigh of relief. She looks up to Quin's face, and carefully brushes the hair from her eyes. "Can we move her?" she asks, hoping that Quin will favor them by opening her eyes.

Unless asked to, she will do nothing else, for fear of making matters worse.

Old 02-20-2020, 01:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3241
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Lili
right-aligned image
The inspector stood her ground as Lili leveled her observations. To say she was impressed with the woman's fortitude would be an understatement. And once Lili had finished speaking Serah once again uttered in two words an impossible knowledge. ”Blood hunter...”

The blood huntress said nothing and simply stood back as Serah took them all in and spoke up. And with each new word that left her mouth Lili's heart would clench in her chest and it wold bleed a bit more for the inspector. For whatever empathy Lili lacked towards the dead, she possessed tenfold for the tortured living. And this woman. This constable looked to the blood huntress to be tortured beyond measure by the burdens of her station. The losses of life she could not account for. Nor explain away the brutality of the killings or even less, apprehend their perpetrator.

By the time Serah had finished speaking and Lili had managed to get her turbulent emotions in check Grace had managed to speak up before her once again. The blood huntress didn't much mind the pattern forming. Grace seemed to be clear of mind and conviction. But Lili also had her purpose. And this place spoke... Nay, sang to her in a way the blood huntress hadn't felt since the hung for Him! Evil permeated this realm and Lili could feel it with every fiber of her being. It, spoke, murmured and enticed. With songs and visions. Promises!

The blood huntress wondered if the other women could feel it as crisply as she did. Grace seemed perceptive enough, and Serah was native of this place so if nothing else she ought to be intimately familiar with it.

But this new woman that had arrived with Serah... Lili couldn't really tell. She appeared standoffish. Like she wanted nothing more than to be as far away from this place as possible. Of course, Lili couldn't blame her. They were not here by choice. And none of them knew how they came to be in this place. Were they brought here with a purpose, as Grace thought. But who's purpose!? Lili wondered.

The blood huntress once again cast her eyes over the victim, lying lifeless against the cobble stones of the alleyway. She heard Grace offering her heartfelt help to Serah. While the horned woman shot off a sarcastic barb at the inspector. Something about getting payed for doing her job for her. Lili crouched down by the black-haired, blue-eyed woman on the ground. The blood huntress' own blue eyes were devoid of emotion as she looked upon the victim. But when she turned her blue orbs on Serah they were full of warmth and empathy.

"There's a saying in my world, Inspector." Lili's voice was soft, kind and belied her next words. "To kill a monster, sometimes you have to get in bed with other monsters!" The blood huntress indicated the lifeless, supine form of the victim. "I cannot be sure yet what monstrosity did this to your... friend. We barely had a glimpse of what we assumed to be the killer, and yet we only saw him flee. So we cannot be sure he was, indeed, the killer. And we had precious little time to examine the... victim." There was evident effort on Lili's behalf to introduce some warmth into her words when she spoke of the victim. But it was more for Serah's benefit than anything else. "And what I don't see is troubling me far more than what I do."

The blood huntress stood and approached Serah. Once again she leaned into the other woman and whispered almost intimately into her ear. A moment later Lili withdrew, her haunted, blue eyes riveted on the victim in concentrated contemplation.

OOC

Character Details

Last edited by ihinka; 02-20-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee
Quin
left-aligned image

The first thing Quin becomes aware of is the pain. It radiates from her stomach and she can barely think. The shocked, pained breath she sucks in is definitely a bad idea though. She grits her teeth and lifts her hand to cast healing word to try an relieve some of the pain.

She blinks her eyes open, her blurry eyes registering the fog first, immediately reminding her of what happened. "Ah," she says thickly, more a mumble than anything else, "let's not do that again."

Blinking some more she focuses on her saviours leaning over her and tries a smile. "I guess I have you two to thank for the fact that I get to open my eyes again hmm?"

Stats

Old 02-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
It seemed in that instant that a lot of the tension dissipated in the clearing with Serah's ask, and Grace's response. Looking to the frail-looking woman, Serah noted the haunted look in her eyes. She found herself thinking, for a moment, that it was a look not dissimilar to her own.

"Serah Logan," she said with a small smile. "A lot of the people around here call me Inspector."

She sighed before continuing, "In truth, there are few around here who care about the poor and downtrodden. I try and do what I can, but...."

When she shrugged, her meaning was clear. How much can one person really do when stacked against so many?

The air grew colder. It was an almost biting chill, the sort of chill that not only pierced the body, but the soul as well. Serah glanced around her quickly before looking back to Grace.

"Yes. It is not a conversation to be had here. Sometimes I feel that the walls have both eyes and ears. Your friends though," she paused looking back over to Grace and Lili, "We should find them first, along with my man."

So, how much would you pay us for doing your job for you?

Serah's expression was unreadable as Lerissa asked her question. She did not rise to Lerissa's barb as she replied coldly, "If monetary profit is your only motivation I'll see to it that you are suitably recompensed for your efforts."

She knelt beside the body once more and sighed softly.

"I'll see you avenged," she said softly before she closed her eyes. Leaning down, she touched her lips to the woman's forehead and stood.

As she did, Lili spoke to her of monsters, and killing monsters. That to kill a monster, you sometimes had to get in bed with other monsters. And as Serah rose, Lili leaned in close and whispered to her.

When Lili turned her attention back to the body with her firm and unyielding eyes, Serah turned unyielding eyes of her own on the Blood Hunter. Gazing at the woman thoughtfully, she shook her head.

"The worst monsters are the ones that look human," she whispered, her words echoing hauntingly in the air.

Xahra, Quintessa and SherylXahra's pendant glowed blue as she called upon the divine energy that was her birthright.....her calling. And the energy did flow through her. Xahra felt it course through her body, as Asklepios's blessing came forth.

Then the colour of the glow changed. It changed from a healthy bluish white glow to a murky grey.....and then finally black. A voice echoed in her head.

Child of wisdom, child of war, yours is not to make the assumption that your heritage matters here. The gifts you were given by your birthright hold no sway over us and the dominion WE hold over this land and all that dwell within it.

As your beloved Asklepios was cut from the womb that bore him, so shall you be cut. Here, more than ever we do not care where you come from. We do not care WHAT divinity holds you close to them. They cannot reach you here. They cannot save you. This woman shall be healed, but it is only because WE wish it to be. There is a price for your gift Ninzixahra, and it is a price that you shall pay, as all who enter our dominion must pay. Where there is healing, there is also pain.

The black energy coursed into Quintessa's body. And as it seeped into her blood, and as torn flesh began to mend, knitting together as the darkness entered the savage wound, Xahra restores Quintessa to 1 HP, but as she does so Xahra takes 5 damagea gash opened up in Xahra's midsection. And as it opened, blood began to seep through the wound, trailing down her body, an uncomfortable, sticky warmth against her skin.

Inside Xahra's mind, she heard laughing.

Remember little warrior, normality is no longer yours. This is our world, and our rules, and you shall dance to our tune.

Quintessa opened her eyes, and as they blurred into focus, they blurred into a world that was no longer the one that she had once known before she had been called into this god-less land of mist and shadow.

You take no further damage, but you certainly feel the agony course through you. This....it is like no other healing you have ever felt.Then, the pain of the healing tore through her body.

Last edited by Nade; 02-21-2020 at 02:08 PM.