Game Thread Chapter I.I - The Basilisk Gate - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 02-14-2020, 11:48 AM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is online now
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 3111
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,278
The Grizzled Veteran
right-aligned image


The mercenary sighed heavily as the smelly captain sauntered out of the back room to the chaotic scene occurring on the second floor, calling for reinforcements from the patrons at the bar before practically pleading to Unferth and Relena to stop fighting. "Boyo, you made a private matter very public the second you started loudly throwing money around looking for her." He took the captain's comment about hurt friends to mean he had dispatched the Thayan given he returned to the main room with little resistance. Both of the frightened pirates fired their crossbows wildly, missing their marks and fumbling to reload when Sarillar appeared from the room and struck the captain with his sword.

Unferth let out a quick snort of laughter before working his way Move to I3 to flank with Sarillararound to Dead Eye's backside and 7 Slashing Damage from the axeembedding his axe head into the pirate's back. As he wrench his weapon free, the dark shadows that clung to the man shifted into the freshly opened wound and caused it to fester rapidly, 6 Necrotic Damage from Hexpulsing extra pain throughout the human's body. "Who would want to
Dice * Counter Persuasion:
d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13
stand with you? A bumbling captain who leads his men to slaughter for a personal vendetta that he should have planned for? You are surrounded, out manned, and out fought at every turn. Good people, stay in your seats and watch the show, the spectacle will be over shortly."
The dwarf turned his head and spit at the pirate's feet in disgust. "Only a fool throws their life away on a mission they have no hope of completing..."

The dwarf then looked over his shoulder and called down the stairs. "Bethani, Bethrynna. Upstairs, lets finish this."

OOC

Action: Attack Dead Eye with Battleaxe,
Dice * Two handed Axe attack vs Dead Eye w/Flanking:
2d20+5kh1sch17 (15, 13 (keeping 15) )+5 Total = 20
1d10+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
1d6t 6 Running Total = 13
Hit for 13 (6 of it is necrotic) damage
Bonus Action:
Movement: Move to I3 to gain flanking with Sarillar
Free Action:
Persistent Effects: Concentration, Hex on Dead-Eye who has DIS on STR checks

 



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus

Last edited by Anea; 02-14-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-14-2020, 01:42 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 10299
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 4,272
Gambling Girl, Interrupted
right-aligned image
Bethrynna looked up when Unferth called downstairs for her and Bethani. Setting the cards back down on the table, she turned to head toward the stairs. Noticing Falten dragging a bucket of water to the table gathering a small puddle of blood, she stopped a moment in confusion. Looking up from where it was dripping from the ceiling, she frowned slightly, hoping it wasn't a very bad sign.

Unferth did just call for us, she recalled, and Relena was yelling for Erna earlier. But he didn't sound very panicked or concerned when he called...more like he was simply impatient. Then again, he probably never sounds panicked, and is probably always impatient. She crossed the room to the foot of the stairs, glancing upward curiously and wondering if she should cast a protection spell. But she still had Hendrick and Erna between herself and danger, and she didn't know exactly what the situation was. After all, the dwarf had said they needed to 'finish it'...whatever that meant.

She decided to reserve her power and rely on simple cantrips until she knew more about what was going on. Casting another Message spell, she whispered a message to send to Unferth. "We're on the staircase for whatever you need. You can whisper back and I'll hear you."

OOC
Actions & Rolls
 
Stat Block
 
Feats & Abilities
 
Equipment: Pouch, staff, small knife, book, robes, ink pen, bag of sand, parchment, backpack, spellbook, ink
__________________

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 02-18-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-16-2020, 01:18 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 4432
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,499


Bethani looked on as the delicious amber liquid was poured into her mug, lost into the aroma she was breathing in... and then she woke up. "No, wait!" But it was already poured. It was not a good day. She looked upward, wishing she could see the pirate that had been the cause of all this needless drama, who was even now calling for aid from the other patrons.

She looks outward at those still sitting on the first floor, placed her left hand on the arrow's nock, and lifts the bow back up. "Anyone who stands, risks losing their life over ten gold that will never come." she says, as she pulls the string back,
Dice Intimidation:
1d20 4
aiming it at no one yet, as
Dice Perception:
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13
she watches for anyone showing a sign they might wish to take the captain up on his offer.

Keeping her bow at the ready, she carefully Move to 5-I, if she can.makes her way toward the stairs.

{Hunter's Mark rounds: When my counter reaches 0/10, then its time is up.8/10}
 

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 02-16-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-16-2020, 03:47 PM
phinar's Avatar
phinar phinar is offline
pushing poo uphill
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-08-2020
RPXP: 14609
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Posts: 4,266
a touching encounter
right-aligned image
Erna Luckschild
Half-orc Cleric of Tymora (Life Domain)

 


The beady-eyed pirate in front of her collapses as three darts of pure force smack into him. Surprised, Erna turns and sees Bethrynna watching with satisfaction. Erna offers a crooked grin and a thumbs up, then steps over the unconscious pirate and up the stairs.

She takes in the room as she pounds her way up the stairs. She sees the melee with the pirate captain ó sees Sarillar freely bleeding again, sees Relena and Unferth surrounding the captain ó and she redoubles her efforts. Behind her, she can hear Henrick making the same ascent, and she is relieved to have her friend in close support.

At the top of the stairs, she does not hesitate. She moves directly next to Sarillar, holding her spear high. "Tymora!" she calls out. "Mend this one's wounds once again, for he has fallen victim to Beshaba's cruel luck!" Her hand flares with power, a sort of throbbing nimbus that distorts the air. She touches Sarillar's shoulder, and the power discharges into the masked Thayan, knitting his wounds.

Henrick does not hesitate, either. He runs straight at Dead-Eye, shortsword flashing out in front of him. He swipes at the pirate captain once; the blow is parried. Then he drives in with a wicked thrust: it draws blood. A second flurry of blows glances off the pirate's armor. Henrick is frustrated, but resolved. "Drop your weapon and you will be spared!" he commands.

Neither notices the pirates on the south side of the room.


Actions
Erna
Move: J1
Action: cure wounds on Sarillar for 11 hp
Bonus Action:
Henrick
Move: J2
Action: attack Dead-Eye x2, 4 hp
Bonus Action:

dice post
__________________
he/him/his ó DM Westport ó Play Aryka | Erna | Jamir | Kvarga
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-17-2020, 04:35 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is offline
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-08-2020
RPXP: 55325
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 17,212
Relena Goodknight
Human Acolyte Rogue
 
Relief: sweet relief!

Seeing the pirates go down brought her a number of feelings, least of which was mourning, yet there it was. Yet there were more, always more and she felt the pain in her chest still, the wheezing that came with that pain. Everything her father had taught her, for all his lecturing years, came flooding back. How to survive such a wound, which temple would be best. But no: escape was not an option. She had called out to her lone salvation, because Erna was Lady Luck's gift. No, Erna was her own gift, and Lady Luck simply acted through her; it didn't matter how to look through it. Relena had little in the faith of powerful, profound faith, but if she did, it was in people: and Erna was the first person to receive that faith, every time.

And as always, she delivered.

But first: a flying catain. Relena stepped back, breathing lowly, and she stepped forward, blade at the ready. The pirate at the stairs disappeared; in their place appeared a vision of green beauty. "Erna... darling... I could kiss you." And she might yet. As the words flowed from Erna's mouth and filled Relena, she wrapped fingers around the shaft and pulled with all her might, letting the magic do most of the heavy lifting. A little blood came with it as she screamed, pulling out, and upon its completion, she felt the skin, barely blemished; her constitution, though, was worse for wear, nevermind her tunic and jacket. A moment of blushing, looking around to see who might notice, and Relena looked at the pirate captain. Noticing Henrick moving about to flank the opposite of her from the pirate captain, she grinned.

"Truly, having to use coin to try and spare your life while Sarillar and Unferth make mince meat of you? How embarrassing: but, as a representative of the Flaming Fist, who knows thtat we are here, why we are here, and for whom we bring down the heavy hand of the law, it would be extremely unwise for anyone to stand against us in this moment of dire need. I applaud you for trying. I laugh at your attempt, though." Blood in hand, she throws the arrow at him as a distraction, then slices down his arm, hoping to hit a nerve as she does so.

"En garde, villain! That's how that goes, isn't it? Erna, how's my form?"
 
__________________
he/him\his
Carrion Crown | Tyranny of Dragons | Out of the Abyss
Coming Soon: Planescape: Tales from the Outlands
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-17-2020, 05:16 PM
phinar's Avatar
phinar phinar is offline
pushing poo uphill
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-08-2020
RPXP: 14609
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Posts: 4,266
repartee
right-aligned image
Erna Luckschild
Half-orc Cleric of Tymora (Life Domain)

 


"You cut a fine figure, Rel," Erna says. Then she hesitates, realizing what she's said. "I mean, he's not a fine figure. He's a disaster. And you cut him. So you cut a disaster. But you look good, that's what I mean."

Erna frowns. How does she always get so tongue-tied? She didn't even have a half mug of ale!
__________________
he/him/his ó DM Westport ó Play Aryka | Erna | Jamir | Kvarga
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-17-2020, 08:50 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 10739
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 2,015
Making New Friends
left-aligned image
Dead-eye's cocky smile evaporated as Sarillar appeared behind him and a sword sliced flesh of his thigh. In what seemed like only a heartbeat, the man was surrounded by half-a-dozen men and women who wanted to see him buried beneath the waves. The way he moved amidst all of his enemies had some uncanny resemblance to a marionette dancing in some macabre puppet show. His back arched painfully as Unferth's axe was pulled from it, blood quickly staining the fabric. The pirate turned, frantically trying to avoid another weapon even as Henrick brought his down. He didn't even see the rapier that Relena wielded until it sliced loose a flap of skin from his elbow to his wrist. He growled in pain, sounding more like a wounded animal than a man, but he was still standing. Gritting his teeth, he pulled his injured arm to his chest and ducked lower, Disengage Actionbarreling through a gap in the siege, moving so fast that Sarrilar was the only one who was able to get a swing in, though even that missed.

Tarina swung her crossbow towards the man, trying to intercept him as he dove towards her, but the bolt flew wide, flavor onlynearly hitting one of the adventurers behind him who had to duck to avoid it. His smile returned as he appeared back behind the woman. "Get over here and do your damned jobs else I'll tie you to a line and drag you behind the ship for the sharks," he snarled. As soon as they began to move, he turned back towards the table with the other patrons.

"Surely," he said with a smile that would have been less frightening had it not been tinged red with blood, "we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. Twenty." He paused, spitting blood onto the floor. "Twenty gold to the man who kills this thief," he repeated, his tone growing impatient as it became clear that, whether from the others dissuading or the fact that the pirate looked as if a butcher had started in on him, Persuasion 5no one seemed interested in putting their life on the line.

"What a sorry lot," he growled under his breath. Tarina made to move, but couldn't before the two other pirates descended upon her, crossbows discarded and scimitars in hand, one even clamoring over the table to do so. Stuck between them, all she could do was raise an arm to save herself, but the pirate swung low, 20 to hit, 3 dmgslashing through her abdomen. However, it was her other crew mate that dealt the final blow, 23 (nat 20, crit,) 10 damageremoving her head from her shoulders and causing it to fall to the floor with a dull thump, her wavy, brown hair mixing with the ever growing pool of blood. It took half a second before her body caught on and slumped to the floor beside it.

As soon as Tarina fell, Dead-Eye turned his gaze on the adventurers and his hands fell open, sending his blades to the floor atop the dead woman. "Idiots," he said to his crewmen through a smile of clenched teeth, "drop your weapons." They did as instructed, though their gaze reflected a hesitancy that suggested they weren't totally on board with whatever gambit their boss had in mind.

"A'right!" Dead-Eye called out, "Tis over. That which she stole from us cannot be regained, but the retribution that we sought has been achieved. We'll do nothin' more to harm a hair on anyone here, so long as you let us leave in peace. You've no one left to protect and we're unarmed." His good eye sought out the cleric who had called to Tymora, "It wouldn't be befitting to kill unarmed man, neither as servants of the gods nor representatives of the Fist. Leave us be and we'll leave the city tonight. Our business here has been concluded."

Dead-Eye and the other pirates stood, warily awaiting a response from the others.

As he did, Henrick leaned over towards Erna. "Wait," he said, his tone betraying an ounce of betrayal, "you told me you were here on a break. What'd she mean you're here on behalf of the Fists?"

Downstairs, Falten placed a bucket on the table the blood was spilling onto and began mopping up around it with a damp rag so old that it was impossible to determine which color it had started out as.





 

 
__________________
Whether we know each other or not, if you are going through a tough time, need someone to vent or talk to, or have something amazing to share, please feel free to message me.
We're all in this together <3

Last edited by DaysUntold; 02-17-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-18-2020, 10:56 AM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is online now
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 3111
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,278
The Grizzled Veteran
right-aligned image


Unferth gritted his teeth as their contact was hacked down with two viscous swings while the rest of his face contorted into a horrifying visage of rage. "Ya may have slaked your thirst for revenge, but in doing so have caused a vendetta against yourself. You just cost us thousands of gold in our contract boyo, and that requires repayment." He raised his battle axe and unleashed a blast of sickly green energy at the pirate captain. It veered of course slightly from Dead-Eye's head, singeing the hair and skin of the temple before dissipating against the backwall. "Its tougher to collect when you are dead though. A few lives have already been extinguished, here is a chance to save yours." The devilish
Dice * Deception Check:
d20+5 (20)+5 Total = 25
smile that crept on his face obfuscated the fact that he hadn't meant to miss the captain's body, but he could roll with the shifting tides of battle as needed.

He stood straighter and switched to his voice of command. "As repayment for interfering with Flaming Fist affairs for the well being of the city, we will be confiscating your ship and impressing what remains of your crew into service. You shall be flogged for violence against Fist personnel and those two," the dwarf paused a moment while he pointed at the two pirates flanking the captain, "shall be put up on the block for the act of murder. Now, on your knees with your hands behind your head, or shall I add resisting arrest to the list of charges as well?" As he spoke, the dwarf moved closer to the group, a piece of flint from his pocket sharpening his battle axe to a finely honed edge.

OOC

Action: Attack Dead Eye with Eldritch Blast, Miss
Bonus Action:
Movement: Move to G4
Free Action:
Persistent Effects: Concentration, Hex on Dead-Eye who has DIS on STR checks

 



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-18-2020, 12:01 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 5734
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 2,838
right-aligned image

Sarillar


Sarillar inhaled sharply as he suddenly felt his wounds closing rapidly as the telltale feeling of magical healing washed over him. Looking around, he saw Erna requesting divine aid on his behalf. He was not fond of others using magic on him, benevolent or not. He glared at the cleric from behind his helmet before turning back toward Dead-Eye.

Only now did he realize that Tarina laid, headless, on the floor in a pool of her own blood and gore. Inconvenient.

The captain, likely recognizing his imminent defeat, began offering terms of his surrender. In the end, he was nothing more than a baseless coward.

Sarillar approached the group surrounding the captain, hopped onto the table and back down its other side, coming to E4stand beside Tarina's corpse. "Hoping to skulk out of the city at night like the rat you are", Sarillar asked, chiding the captain. "The only way you're leaving here is in a box."

 

 

Last edited by Silent Rain; 02-18-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-18-2020, 03:03 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 10299
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 4,272
Losing your head
right-aligned image
Bethrynna made her way up the staircase, still hearing the sounds of combat. She heard blades ring out, several shouts and screams, then Dead-Eye's desperate speech begging for quarter. As she reached the top of the stairs, she began to understand the situation. A woman, presumably their contact, based on the reaction of the other members of the group, lay headless and disemboweled on the ground. That...seems a bit excessive, thought Beth as she saw the extent of the damage. I mean, really...gutting her and chopping her head off? I guess they wanted to make a statement.

Unfortunately for the pirates, it seemed the dwarf and the scary warrior had their own statements to make, albeit from different points of view. The dwarf seemed to be enacting their recently-bestowed authority to make an arrest, and the scary warrior was...well, threatening to kill them, naturally. She found herself wondering what he had been like as a child, and if the family was able to keep any pets for very long.

Still, though the one-eyed captain had tossed down his weapon, the other two sailors had not yet followed suit, and they clearly had no moral quandaries about killing women. She quickly cast a protective spell before anyone could try to slash her apart like they had the other woman. The familiar magical forcefield surrounded her like a second skin. In addition, she sensed strands from the protective spell stretch out to her like arcane tendrils, covering her in a second protective layer. It felt a little like wearing a warm nightgown while under a thick blanket in winter. Fitting, considering the chilly atmosphere in the room at the moment.

OOC
Actions & Rolls
 
Stat Block
 
Feats & Abilities
 
Equipment: Pouch, staff, small knife, book, robes, ink pen, bag of sand, parchment, backpack, spellbook, ink
__________________

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 02-18-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-19-2020, 09:31 AM
phinar's Avatar
phinar phinar is offline
pushing poo uphill
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-08-2020
RPXP: 14609
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Posts: 4,266
i am the law
right-aligned image
Erna Luckschild
Half-orc Cleric of Tymora (Life Domain)

 


Sarillar gives her a look as she heals him. To Sarillar, it's a glare, but Erna beams back at him, interpreting it as a thank you. Of course, no thanks were necessary, but she did appreciate the acknowledgement. Certainly, the credit belonged mostly to Tymora. Still, as the instrument of Tymora's will, Erna felt some pride over her actions.

Then the fight is over, and Henrick accosts her. Had she lied to him? She had. Erna has the grace to blush. Or maybe it's not grace, maybe it's just a bashful nature. Regardless, her skin flushes and she gets a little flustered. "Oh, I was going to tell you, Henrick. I swear! But we were supposed to be undercover. I couldn't just announce it to everyone! We were supposed to get some information from Tureen over there." She points in the direction of Turina's body. She falls silent as Unferth makes his proposition to the pirate captain, and Sarillar growls his own directive.

Erna hesitates, looking between them. The two men vied to control the direction of this group, and the helmed Thayan seemed to be taking the lead through simple expedience of action. Just, Erna was not sure she was ready to go where he led.

"Sarsaparilla!" she snaps. "Stand down! Respect the law you are sworn to uphold, or you will be arrested next!" Strong words, coming from Erna, the happy-go-lucky chatterbox. But the way she grips her spear suggests that she means every word. "This pirate and his crew are under arrest!"

Henrick is taken aback. He knows that most encounters with the Fist go either Unferth's way, or Sarillar's. But the honest approach to policing that Erna advocates offers a cleaner solution. "Yes," he says. "Like the lady says. Under arrest." Not equipped with handcuffs, Henrick isn't quite sure what comes next.

Neither is Erna.
__________________
he/him/his ó DM Westport ó Play Aryka | Erna | Jamir | Kvarga

Last edited by phinar; 02-19-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-20-2020, 11:42 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 4432
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,499


"Do you really need us both up there?" Bethani asks, only barely keeping her voice even as she eyes her mug of ale, still sitting on the bar. It seemed the fighting had stopped. Were they negotiating terms? "Captain, what's going on?"

Even though she didn't want to, she began to back her way up the stairs, looking up and back only when she had to step over the dead pirate and to gauge Move to K-3how far up she could go. Once behind Beth again, Bethani takes a better look. The pirate captain was unarmed. There were two more pirates, both now unarmed as well. All her allies were alive and well.

"Where's the..." her eyes finally fell upon the headless body on the floor. "I hope that's not her." she turns her attention to the man that holds most of the attention. "I'll follow your lead, Captain." she says to Unferth, before turning her attention to Henrick and Erna. "Or... Or yours, Erna." She closes her eyes for a moment. ~ Great. I've divided my allegiance based on a card game and not wanting to upset a sweet-talking rogue or her friend. she thinks to herself, opening her eyes again.

{Hunter's Mark rounds: When my counter reaches 0/10, then its time is up.7/10}
 

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-21-2020, 01:07 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-09-2020
RPXP: 10739
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 2,015
Making New Friends
left-aligned image
Dead-Eye cringed as the searing bolt passed only inches from his head, but made no move to retrieve his scimitar or dagger, apparently believing it to only be a warning shot. Only when Sarrilar moved between him and his crewmates, standing upon Tarina’s corpse with a blatant disregard for the dead, did he seem to contemplate moving back towards aggression. The pirates knees bent almost imperceptibly and his fingers moved as if anticipating the grip of the hilt all on their own. His eyes flickered from individual to individual, gauging their willingness to commit murder while simultaneously guaging his own chance which seemed to grow slimmer and slimmer as people filed up the stairs.

It was Erna who gave him the out he needed.

"Ay," he said, giving a smile towards the dwarf. "I apologize for interferin’ with your windfall. ‘Twas a mistake to put so much to put so much in Rhonda’s hands, if’n you’re askin’ me," he added on, prodding her dead body, with the toe of his boot. "What’s she callin’ herself now? Tureen? The lass was never one to rely on. Took thousands of gold and left us tryin’ ta figure out how to provision ourselves."

"Least now, what’s done is done. Arrest you say?" he asked, his grin broadening, "Alas, a worthwhile sacrifice indeed. Let us be off." He held out his hands, his wrists almost touching, in front of him. He waited for a moment, then he chuckled, sending another waft of putrid breath towards the masked warrior.

"No?" he asked, innocently, "Well, if you won’t be puttin’ me in chains, I suppose you’ll have the honor of escortin’ me to whichever captain you be reportin’ to." He let out another small laugh. The pirates beside him cracked their own crooked-toothed smiles. A couple of chuckles could be heard emanating from the other table.

From the stairs, a head popped up, hesitantly surveying the situation. "Umm, I-I" Falten quietly stammered, just loud enough to be heard over the noise downstairs, "Alan sent me up here to see if... if you were done with the commotion. Wants the blood cleaned up and suggested you take the matter outside... p-please?"

"Ya," a slurring voice from the other table piped up, "you're interfering with our game."




 
__________________
Whether we know each other or not, if you are going through a tough time, need someone to vent or talk to, or have something amazing to share, please feel free to message me.
We're all in this together <3

Last edited by DaysUntold; 02-21-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-21-2020, 01:56 PM
phinar's Avatar
phinar phinar is offline
pushing poo uphill
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-08-2020
RPXP: 14609
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Posts: 4,266
retreat
right-aligned image
Erna Luckschild
Half-orc Cleric of Tymora (Life Domain)

 


Erna frowns as the pirate jumps at the chance to be arrested. She considers the likelihood of corruption interfering with justice and her frown deepens. "Henrick, did I just do that thing you warned me about?"

Henrick gets a sour look on his face. "Maybe. But it is what you're supposed to do."

She sighs. "Sorry. Sorry everyone. I mean, it is what we're supposed to do. But I'm not afraid to get my hands a little dirty! Sorry again. Can we do Unferth's plan though? I don't feel good about outright murder."

"Besides," Henrick says. "Zodge has a priest who can talk to the dead, as long as they're fresh. We don't want to spend too long cleaning this up."
__________________
he/him/his ó DM Westport ó Play Aryka | Erna | Jamir | Kvarga

Last edited by phinar; 02-21-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-21-2020, 02:28 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is offline
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-08-2020
RPXP: 55325
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 17,212
Relena Goodknight
Human Acolyte Rogue
 
It was shock that shook her to silence.

Smiling at her figure, she looks down at it. "Well, I suppose I do, but I'm asking for you to flirt, dear: it was a legitimate question! Ió" And then it's over.

Her eyes lock with Tarina's, watching her gaze as the blade falls, as the head flies, as she goes onward. Relena watches as the head sails, then slams onto the floor, sending a splatter of the contents of the head about, rolling with momentum not meant for a skull and spine. The head does not travel far, soon the brunette chair mixed unevenly with the pooling red blood. Lights fade. Death is certain. And nothing, not even a prayer, can change that. What could a prayer ever do?

She does not sheath her blade, but she does move. Heeled boots clank against the wooden floor, Relena actively ignoring every voice that speaks. Let them threaten the pirates. Relena has little interest in that. A thought occurs to her. For all their, resplindent geneorsity, they had forgotten the most important mission of all: to defend Tarina. To protect her from... what were these people to her? Former partners? Employers? Who cares who or what she was?

She was a soul, snuffed out before her time. No matter their nature, their worth, their origin, a soul was a soul. Relena felt the emblem of Torm upon her, ignoring the words that went with it, the reasons why. Every god had their reasons. Most would just as well ignore her thoughts on the matter, but not Torm.

Yet it was not Torm she answered to, as the arrests were attempted to be made.

Leaning down before the head, she rolled it, smearing some blood on the ground and hair but careful to not get any on her boots, on her gloves and fingers. And then, the words.

"Great Guide, this ill-begotten soul is freed of this mortal coil. We ask that you guide her to her ultimate domain, to the gods she called haven, to the home she long sought and spoils gained to get there. I do not know the contents of this soul, but I ask that you care for her and take her onward. Kelemvor, thy will be done, so mote it be." She closed Tarina's eyes, brushing her cheek, even in spite of the blood that now stained her black gloves, and shut her unclenched jaw, setting her down in such a way as to keep it there. Taking a flapping bit of Tarina's own cloak, she covers the head, and stands. "A pity. Loyal Fury, forgive me for a duty stolen from me." Sullen, she looks to Erna, a rage filling her gaze.

Her grip on the blade increases, her eyes then falling to Sarillar. Not in blame but in camaraderie. For once, they agree. Yet the better angels of her nature spoke out, hoping to dim those growing fires. Would she kill this man? For what reason? Simple revenge?

Maybe that was enough. It certainly was for the pirate captain.

Biting her gums, Relena decides the best choice is not to make one at all in that direction. She will support Erna, but she will also strike with purpose, as Sarillar might. Better angels indeed.

She looks to Falten. "Get a cart ready. For the body. We'll be out of your hair in a moment more, darling." It is as close to a growl as Relena comes.
 
__________________
he/him\his
Carrion Crown | Tyranny of Dragons | Out of the Abyss
Coming Soon: Planescape: Tales from the Outlands
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB