Game Thread Chapter 1 - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Trmmilwwi's Avatar
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 3391
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Posts: 2,347
Dim
right-aligned image


The rain and lightning outside continue on as the large room in the tor lights up with blueish white light with every crash of lightning. The three other creatures address one another and occasionally speak to Dim and Zeitl. The one with elven features replies to Zeitl in gnome, “Your kindness is most appreciated. I hope to repay it in the future” as she takes some of the food he had offered. Dim is a little more at ease that one of the others would know her language. Maybe she knows of our culture... or at least has known some surface gnomes.

After finishing the food that Zeitl had provided Dim stands up and brushes some more water off of her cloak. The large human walks back towards the entrance and strikes the torch bringing additional light to the room. The room is big, much bigger than Dim expected and was obviously crafted many, many years back. The gnome walks near elvish creature, keeping her eye on the human fighter with the shining steel longsword and chain shirt and inspects the
Dice Investigation:
1d20 8
craftsmanship of the wall.

In gnome the cloaked svirfneblin says shyly to the much taller half-elf, "My name is Dim. I am with Zeitl. You know our tongue." Dim glances up for a moment and then continues to eye the the stone wall looking for any sign of imperfections or changes to the structure.






 
__________________
I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; 04-13-2020 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Post edited for inclusion of the bonfire into the scene, thanks for the heads up girlplay!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-2020, 09:05 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 13050
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 10,212
Betha Windrivver
right-aligned image
The first of the bonfires appears more or less in the center of the room as Betha took some steps towards the center of the chamber. "This place is... huge!" she stood in amazement for some time, looking about the structure they had entered - including gazing up at the roof. "How does the ceiling stay up without pillars..." she mused. Okay, she really didn't know much about architecture but the place was still fascinating.

After a minute, the bonfire snuffed out and went away. "Well, that's going to get annoying," she commented to herself, and summoned up another fire in about the same spot. "I don't suppose we can find something to burn and create a fire that will be more long-lasting..." she repeated herself, realizing that nobody had replied to the thought. Maybe they just weren't interested; she decided not to bring it up again. Changing subjects, she asked, "did you say that you were heading towards Haven? That's quite a coincidence because so are we."

OOCI just thought I would point out that a bonfire sheds light.

__________________
The greatest trait that any single person can possess is to be genuinely nice.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-08-2020, 02:16 AM
MarsComulus's Avatar
MarsComulus MarsComulus is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 1135
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Posts: 1,011
Rat Race
right-aligned image
The sound of hissing rain, pounding hail, and howling wind from outside is interrupted only by the occasional loud crack of thunder. Still, this room seems stable enough for the most part. Even when the thunder seems to shake the very ground, not so much as a mote of dust filters down from the ceiling. The doors leading into the tor, however, do show signs of weakness, seeming to tremble with every thunderclap. Suddenly, in conjunction with a particularly loud thunderclap, all three doors break open at once, falling from their doorways into the room with a great cacophony. Seconds later, the sounds of squeaking fill the air as a pack of rats swarms in from the largest doorway.


OOC
 

Last edited by MarsComulus; 04-08-2020 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-08-2020, 08:23 AM
Trmmilwwi's Avatar
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 3391
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Posts: 2,347
Dim
right-aligned image


The thunder and lightning continued outside but the tor provided great shelter and a little warmth. Dim had dried off a bit from the torrential rains outside and was investigating the craftsmanship of the structure they were in. The stonework was good, almost too good it seemed, and has held up over many centuries. She had never seen anything quite like it as most structures she was familiar with were natural caverns and crags. She was happy for the warmth of the fire and the food that Zeitl had shared.

Another bolt of lightning crashed and was much louder than the previous ones. Dim started to think the storm may be getting worse when the doors that Ruffnir was heading towards crashed to the stone floor with a tremendous boom and sent dust flying. The noise caused the snirfneblin to turn to her instinct as a veteran traveler of the underdark. She was a gatherer for her clan back home and was experienced when it came to reacting to the unknown and unseen. While this built environment was much different than the tunnels she was used to she immediately turned towards the noise.

Dim 22 initiativedrew her hand crossbow and aimed at the noise as a natural reaction. Her eyes adjusted to the dark area just beyond the doorway and she noticed a scurrying of creatures near the floor. She ran over to just behind Ruffnir and crit for 8 damagefired a shot at the creatures, shouting "Rats by the door!", as they came into the light.




 
__________________
I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; 04-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-08-2020, 08:49 AM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
-.-- --- / .... ---
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 3125
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 2,753
Zeitl Stonesinger, Deep Gnome Bard
right-aligned image


Rats! cries out Zeitl. About 45 feet in front of you, soldier!

Placing his ocarina to his mouth, Zeitl begins Sleep spell; 13 hit / 21hp affectplaying a soothing tune toward the center of the swarm. It was improvised, and not his best work, but he hopes the rats, at least, will appreciate it.



 


 
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-08-2020, 08:16 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 13050
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 10,212
Betha Windrivver
right-aligned image
Unclear as to whether the rats were just being rats and being driven by something, like a flooded nest, Betha hesitated to act until she knew more about what the tiny creatures were going to do.

Initiative
 

__________________
The greatest trait that any single person can possess is to be genuinely nice.

Last edited by MarsComulus; 04-08-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-08-2020, 11:34 PM
MarsComulus's Avatar
MarsComulus MarsComulus is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 1135
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Posts: 1,011
Rat Race
right-aligned image
The Rat swarm is hit by a 7 Piercing Damage|Resistance|Total Damage equal 3crossbow shot from Dim. Unperturbed the rats swarm over Rufnir but other than a feeling of disgust, Ruffnir is no worse for the wear. Dim starts playing magical music but it has You did 21hp vs the 21 left of the swarm. However, Immunity-Charmedno effect.


OOC
 

Last edited by MarsComulus; 04-09-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-09-2020, 01:08 AM
Boltz's Avatar
Boltz Boltz is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 2499
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Posts: 1,665
Ruffnir Thundergrove
right-aligned image
Just as he is making his way back to the door another lightning strikes making Ruffnir crouch dust is now even falling cause of the thunder, Ruffnir puts himself in a praying position.

"By the seven please protect us!!!"

Looking at the floor the religious soldier isn't conscious of what's happening till he hears a bolt fly by him and one of the rat squeal by the time he raises his
head some of the rats are already trying to bite him but the little bites can't get past his armor but still shaken the storm it's still enough to make him panic 13 Slashing damage slashing the little critters some of them scream while Ruffnir tries to stand his ground while recovering his composure.

"E-E-Everyone stay behind me!!! Tyr please lend me your knowledge and skill in combat!!! "

We are still near Haven it is my duty to protect the civilians.

OOC
OOC:

 

__________________
Co-Dm in the City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)
Been feeling sick this last couple of days sorry if my posting slows down
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-09-2020, 09:15 AM
SpecialKay329 SpecialKay329 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 262
SpecialKay329 SpecialKay329 SpecialKay329
Posts: 101
Kavi Sind
left-aligned image
Before the scholar had a chance to respond to the gnome woman, the group was alerted to the disturbing sound of claws scrabbling against stone. “Oh dear,” Kavi squeaked as a swarm of rats burst into the room, clearly unfazed by the size and number of those invading on their territory. Dim was quickest to act, rushing into the fray while Kavi fumbled for the pale glass orb in her bag. While several of her spells didn’t require a focus, she always felt a good deal more confident having it on hand, especially in the rare instances she found herself in a dangerous circumstance.

By the time she’d fished out the orb, the human man was already being swarmed by the vicious little creatures. “Hey! Leave him alone!” Raising a hand, she yelled out a command in Sylvan: “Freeze” in Sylvan; verbal component for Ray of FrostXear!” A blast of icy blue magic burst from her palm toward the mass of rodents crawling across the human’s armor, leaving traces of frost along her sleeve.


OOCOOC: Introductions are always tricky at the start of a campaign XD We’ll trade names once these rats are cleared up!

 

__________________
How do you flirt with a D&D player?
Ask them for a d8

I Have Taken The Oath

Last edited by SpecialKay329; 04-09-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-10-2020, 09:45 AM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 13050
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 10,212
Betha Windrivver
right-aligned image
Well, that made it clear. With the rats swarming around Ruffnir, it was clear that they were hostile. The problem with that, however, was that anything she could think of to do - any counter-attack she could launch might harm the soldier too. The only solution was to get involved more personally, despite her instincts to stay safely away from the danger. Nevertheless, she found herself running towards her traveling companion. A beastial snarl seemed to come from the young woman and her slender, girly hand suddenly seemed to grow claws. She came up behind Ruffnir and slashed at the rats.

ActionsMove: right up behind Ruffnir (1 square south)
Action: Cast "Primal Savagery" and make a melee spell attack at +5 for 1d10 acid damage.

Result: 19 to hit, for 1 acid damage.
__________________
The greatest trait that any single person can possess is to be genuinely nice.

Last edited by girlplay; 04-10-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-10-2020, 02:37 PM
MarsComulus's Avatar
MarsComulus MarsComulus is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 1135
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Posts: 1,011
Rat Race
right-aligned image
The Rat swarm is has been hit hard by the intrepid adventurers. Many are dispersing and headed for the exits or rat holes in this chamber. There are still enough rats left to be wary of but Ruffnir's armor keeps them at bay. A flow of water about 4 inches high comes out from the door straight ahead but quickly seems to be dispersing.


OOC
 

Last edited by MarsComulus; 04-10-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-10-2020, 03:45 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
-.-- --- / .... ---
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 3125
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 2,753
Zeitl Stonesinger, Deep Gnome Bard
right-aligned image


As he watched the flood of rats peter out into a trickle of survivors, Zeitl felt a delayed but cutting sense of betrayal. And, he had to admit, a bit of admiration.

That cheeky little scamp! he murmured to himself as he thought of Rolan the Regal.
His onetime stage partner, Rolan the Regal was (as his name would imply) a king among rats. Larger, smarter and substantially homelier than any other rat Zeitl had ever known, Rolan could dominate a stage in the way that many provincial humanoid thespians would never be able to achieve. Rolan would leap into the air and lock the eyes of his audience just as gravity began tugging him down and he would hold the stare as he nimbly landed on his feet and then lifted himself into a comedic echappé. Rolan instinctively knew when to give the audience a chance to laugh, to breathe, to gather in what they had just seen ... and when to press the first scattered giggles into a rolling laughter that would envelope the entire crowd. And then there was their pièce de résistance, the Dance of the Drowned from Dragon Lake. It was an epic tale about a simple fishing crew harassed and tormented on the waters by a bored and cruel reaving ship crew ... and of the fisherman who fought back in futile but noble battle. It involved a scenery of tubs and pails, a creation of a mini lake upon the stage ... it involved superior concentration and endurance from its star, Rolan the Regal. In fact, so demanding were the movements, the battle scenes, the arabesques called upon to rise from the water in the drowning scenes that Zeitl would explain to his audience how he had to put Rolan into a trance in order to overcome the physical limitations of even this Goliath of a rodent. And so that is how they began their act, Zeitl playing a tune introduced with a low, swooning repetition that evolve into a frenzy of flattened fifths and discordant chords that hinted at the torture and misery which the drama would bring (and, on a winter's eve, what audience wouldn't pay good money to see some torture and misery if it wasn't their own?). And so Zeitl played, and so Rolan danced and so the audience would scream and applaud long after the curtains had come down on the stage. Afterwards, Zeitl would spend at least two hours helping Rolan emerge from his state. He brought in Frinka, the young knife-thrower with nimble hands, to help gently massage Rolan's punished muscles. He saved up the best nectar from the tables to dab into Rolan's lips. And gradually ... Rolan would flutter his eyes and ask in a breathless whisper: "Did I do well?" And Zeitl would always respond, "You proved yourself a king of the stage, Rolan, a king of the stage."

EXCEPT ... APPARENTLY NOW, JUST NOW, ZEITL HAS LEARNED THAT YOU CAN'T CHARM A RAT!

That scheming pretender to the throne! Rolan milked his "trance" dance for everything it was worth. And ... well, he did it so convincingly that even though Zeitl was gobsmacked by the totality of the con ... he had to admire Rolan's gumption.

Zeitl never knew what became of Rolan. One day they had to depart when the stage directors had a falling out and split up the company (ha! and you thought the real drama was on stage...just set 15 insecure, lusty, greedy thespians on the road with one another living in close quarters and the tragedies practically write themselves!), and Zeitl never saw Rolan again. But he was sure that Rolan is somewhere, resting on silk pillow with some maiden massaging his well-fed belly. Because, truly, Rolan was the king of the stage.

Well, then, says Zeitl to his new group of traveling companions. That was a bit gnarly, wasn't it? Is everyone okay? Shall we just open up the other two doors and get any other unpleasantries out of the way? How about that one? he asks, pointing to the doors he approaches on his left in the western side of the room.



 


 

Last edited by bananabadger; 04-10-2020 at 05:44 PM. Reason: clarified positioning
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-10-2020, 05:01 PM
Trmmilwwi's Avatar
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 3391
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Posts: 2,347
Dim
right-aligned image


Dim watches as the rats continue to swarm. The group of strangers band together to help the human fighter try to stave off the creature's attack. As they persist Dim notches another arrow into her crossbow and fires into the swarm, careful to miss her group member in the process. The shot is close but sails high as it passes over the group of rats. As the arrow flies Dim glances over into the darkness of the area beyond the doors to look for anything else that may be coming from that space.




 
__________________
I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; 04-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Boltz's Avatar
Boltz Boltz is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 2499
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Posts: 1,665
Ruffnir Thundergrove
right-aligned image
Ruffnir could feel them poking in his armor from the little creatures biting at it it was uncomfortable but he was thankful to have Miss Betha's assistance and that he was carrying heavy armor cause no bite had harmed him yet still the fighter keeps struggling to get as many rats off if him as he can while some of the rats keep swarming him, Ruffnir shakes his body and swings his sword managing to slice 9 slashing damage but resistance so 4 damage4 rats in the process.

His attacks seem to be working as many of the rats are running back to their holes but by their little steps, he can hear a shallow stream of water.

Wait!? Water!? This place towers over the countryside how water getting in? Is the storm breaking down this place?

Oh, my Wise lady here you challenge me with creatures, weathers as condition as unpredictables as you and your nature I'll send them back to you as a show of my faith.


"Everyone!! please Stay safe, this place might not be as secure as we originally thought"

OOC
 


 

__________________
Co-Dm in the City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)
Been feeling sick this last couple of days sorry if my posting slows down

Last edited by Boltz; 04-10-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-10-2020, 08:24 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-04-2020
RPXP: 13050
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 10,212
Betha Windrivver
right-aligned image
Betha certainly wasn't a wild beast but the way she continued slashing away at the rats, it was difficult not to make that comparison. Her clawed hand was dripping with foul liquid. Her expression was stricken in a snarl. She summoned up primal energy and lashed out at their tiny adversaries. This time, the acidic claws truly did some horrible damage.

 
__________________
The greatest trait that any single person can possess is to be genuinely nice.

Last edited by girlplay; 04-11-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB