Game Thread Chapter 2 - A School for Heroes - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Academy of Heroes
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 AM
xenavire's Avatar
xenavire xenavire is offline
<3 M
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 1131
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
Posts: 2,247
The mentor"Kayenn Goma," he repeated, committing the name to memory. "Thank you, I'll go see him right now."

Gorwin hurried off, envelope clutched in his hands. Was his new mentor good? Sempai Zvindel seemed to think so. Good or not, it wouldn't make a difference though. Gorwin had a goal, and he was determined to reach it. Even if he found the worst possible mentor waiting for him, he would just figure it out himself. He would do anything to avoid a repeat of the trials, and becoming a top investigator was just how he planned to ensure that never happened.

A wrong turn or two later, made in haste and excitement, he found his way to the correct door in the Annex. With a deep breath, he knocked firmly on the door.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:48 PM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 26040
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 27,559
A Cursed PrincessZerazad's head fall loudly on the bed where they left her, disappointed after Zvindel left. What a disaster this whole experience was again. Thinking that she is cursed, she is looking at the ceiling of the room, not so eager to get out of bed and go back to the dining hall for lunch. After a while, she is dragging her feet out of the cathedral. Background chatter from those children is increasingly annoying to the fallen princess and hatred is beginning to build up in her heart. Copping with her nerves to don't break a wine bottle on somebody's head, she is walking between the tables trying to find a place to sit. Her day is finally getting brighter when Raisa Montashew herself stop the exotic beauty with that cloud over her head. - " Professor Montashew. " She bows hands joined politely, without making too much either. Directly challenged about her arrogance doesn't shake her. - " Arrogant or proud? I suggest that I'm neither, just trying to be myself. " Zerazad has a good look at the one called Elza that seems to have been assigned with the burden to teach her. - " Thank you, I won't disappoint. " Usually articulated, the genie decides to say the fewer words possible and doesn't create another mess today. - " I'm following you. " She doesn't respond anything about the arrogance part, whatever they think doesn't matter. They simply forget that she is simply not human. Her heart is pounding, finally enjoying some good luck. Zerazad is resolved to endure whatever torture they might have in mind as training, it can't be worst than what she survived so far in the city of brass and the last days.
OOCHP: 10/10
__________________
Learning mutants and masterminds!

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-25-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-29-2020, 02:57 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,523
Mentors and Mentees: Always a Test
 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-29-2020, 04:49 PM
prometheous100's Avatar
prometheous100 prometheous100 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2020
RPXP: 4301
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Posts: 5,858
Going to be a long TrimesterA look of distaste crossed the face of the Tiefling. Perception = 10Scanning the room for where the most common tools are, Kin'ta saw that they lay where they were likely put down after use... but not in the best place to be picked back up. "If you want me to be useful, either you need to explain how this..." making an expansive gesture towards the shop "is organized, or give me a few minutes to organize it myself."

Without waiting for permission Kin'ta picked up several punches and set them out by type and size, if not up to the standards of Dis, at least the were easy to grab. Next were the swages and fullers, again not perfectly sorted but enough to not hunt when they were needed. Lastly were the hammers, the ball and cross pein hammers separated out and then the rounding hammers. "I'll work on the anvils and cleaning the floor when there is more time." The entire process was completed relatively quickly and as he finished the tall man looked and saw that he had made several Profession Blacksmithing = 6mistakes in the sorting but hopes that the added neatness will be worth more than a few tools out of place. Appraise the dwarf for size and muscle = 21Appraising his mentor, Kin'ta picks out what he thinks is the most appropriate tool based on his Craft Armor = 23
Craft Arms = 14
Intelligence = 22 (Natural 20)
crafting experience

OOCRolls
 
__________________
Usful things for Formatting posts Dice Roller
Thank you Anonymous person who gave me a green name... If I ever find out who you are... I'll ensure that no good deed goes un-punished Rewarded.

Last edited by prometheous100; 03-29-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-29-2020, 06:30 PM
xenavire's Avatar
xenavire xenavire is offline
<3 M
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 1131
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
Posts: 2,247
Stop, Mentor timeDeftly dodging the splatter, Gorwin let himself in.

"What kind of stunt is that? Paint would be terrible to wash out of my fur," he muttered.

More than a little annoyed by the less than warm reception, he raised his voice.

"Kayenn Goma? I think you'll want to read this note before any more paint gets involved!"
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:12 PM
ElvenMaiden's Avatar
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 1482
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Posts: 1,410
Mirabelle upon meeting the Ifrit
right-aligned image
At first, Mirabelle did not react much to the strange woman's accusations. She was used to being blamed and found at fault for every little things she'd done and said, and even for the ones that she hadn't done nor said, by an authority figure. She just looked down at the floor, as she had always done, to seem more 'repentant'.

What she didn't expect was to see Aaron so soon again. She wanted to stop him from interfering, as things always got worse when someone did interject in situations like this.

"Again, I apologize for my behav.." She was about express her regret again, when the Ifrit swiftly cut herself in the view of everyone. Mirabelle froze, seeing the blood spill, her eyes widening. "Wh..what, what are you doing? Are you CRAZY? Someone..someone help!" She took a half step backwards, looking around at the staring faces frantically. "A..Aaron? What do I do? I'm not a healer!" She locked her eyes with the young man, but saw the concern and helplessness at the same time. Mira stared into his eyes for a moment longer, before closing her mouth and wearing a stern expression.

"...I see." No one's going to help. Just like back at home. No one can help you. You have to do this.

The noble kitsune turned back to face the Ifrit and stepped closer, removing her scarf and tearing into long strips to create make-shift bandages. She was still breathing shakily, but no longer seemed to hesitate. "I don't know who you are nor why you are doing this. I am not a healer nor a hero...at least not yet. But I'm not a coward either, if you didn't gather that from the Trials." Glaring at the woman's eyes without holding back, she began to address the wounds. She certainly did not have any medical training and seemed to be somewhat unsure at times, but her hands were steady and the bleeding seemed to have stopped when she finished applying the bandages.

"I'm not sure what I can do more here. I'm sure Aaron or someone else here would be able to help you if this isn't enough, because I don't think you'd hurt yourself without being sure of your safety. But if I leave you to them, that would give you another excuse to scold me, won't it? So, would you like to take me to the Cathedral, or perhaps you'd prefer to be escorted back to your room?"


__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-30-2020, 10:22 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 31884
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 9,542
Marcus
right-aligned image
Marcus eyed the area, wondering what was next. Thaz was almost as bad as The Keeper. She was always watching. The difference was The Keeper never showed emotion, while Thaz was having fun with this.

Ok, what is it now? He wasn't worried. He'd checked his cloaths for more of the metal beetles she'd used to find him yesterday. I'll run to the river, take it downstream, and swim for the library! He'd recalled her saying its magics interfered with her inventions, and that they weren't at that stage of testing yet.

"And don't get any fancy ideas like hiding in the Library, or I'll rig you up to my new electrode-buzzer!"

His heart sank, and he started running. He needed a new plan and didn't like the sound of the electrode-buzzer. He'd need every advantage to make it to The Hex. His feet chewed up turf like Spindle chewed pastry at breakfast this morning. Marcus made it to the main path but cut south instead of north. I can still use the river! He thought excitedly, ignoring the footprints he left in the wet ground by the river's edge.

The boy dove headfirst into the river, almost drowning as his leg cramped, and his mouth opened in a gasp of pain. The river took him downstream, and all he could think of was Thaz's lecture of the hunt.

Rule #18. Limber Up.

He hadn't stretched at all, before starting a breakneck run and a challenging swim. He thrashed and churned until being caught by the nets under the bridge to the commons. Apparently, he wasn't the first to almost drown these waters.

Passing students pointed, covering their mouths. Marcus couldn't make out the words, but he could guess. Something something cursed. He thought mockingly before he realized he was on the right side of the river. Well, that's one thing that's gone right!

He ran toward The Hex. It was open ground, but there was traffic. His uniform was almost dry. He'd meant to ask what magics were upon them but had yet to ask. Mustard spill at lunch? Gone in moments. Torn button sneaking through brambles? Reattached by dinner. Ten-minute drowning down a river? Dry before he could make it halfway to The Hex.

Hoping crowd to crowd, he made it to the hex. The boy scanned the sky. He'd yet to see one of Thaz's creations fly, and hoped she wouldn't start now. He ran behind the stables, vaulted onto the fence, and tried climbing the thatched roof. She'll never find me up there! Marcus thought as his foot slipped, and he fell into an animal pen bellow.

She'll never find me here either... He fumed covered in mud surround by something he hoped was a piglet. His mentor's words returned to him.

Rule #32. Enjoy the little things.

He made a snow angel in the mud and addressed the creature with a joking tone. "At least she can't ding me for rule one!" Marcus laid against the beast's trough and hoped the mud would conceal him.



OOCI am the best at rolling!

Sorry about all the edits. Since my trial was more freeform, I just rolled what I wanted as I was writing and went from there.

 
__________________
Iron DM 2020 is live!!!
Do you have the write stuff?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 PM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 26040
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 27,559
A cursed princessZerazad leaves the building without looking at anybody with her usual royal elegance that is misinterpreted as arrogant. Following Elza, she doesn't say anything until they arrive at the Arcanist's Nest. She scrutinizes her new environment with her eyes but doesn't touch anything. The genie is many things, but her manners are outstanding. The notion that she didn't bow properly to the mistress is ridiculous at best, but she keeps her mouth shut. - " Yes ms. Palino. " She quickly looks at the spells list and with a straight face she answers briefly. - " It's clear. " Fortunately, she remembers many of those spells from one of her previous lives. Fragments of memories bubble up at the surface as she practices the somatics and words. In particular, that burning hand spell was so lovely to her, she slowly roasted countless innocents just for pure pleasure. The screams of the innocent, their agony and the smell of their blackened skin are suddenly happening at the same time in her broken mind. Zerazad did well, but look a bit shaken as her memories are coming back, she was a monster. - " I will practice the four others until I get it right. It was a difficult day. "
oocSpellcraft: 11/14 success (78%). That's pretty good considering she doesn't have a rank in spellcraft. Her checks are +5 because of intelligence.
hp: 10/10
__________________
Learning mutants and masterminds!

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-31-2020 at 12:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-05-2020, 12:54 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,523
Mentors and Mentees: A Kind of Bonding
 

 

 

 

 

__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-06-2020, 07:21 AM
xenavire's Avatar
xenavire xenavire is offline
<3 M
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 1131
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
Posts: 2,247
Reading material"Wouldn't it make more sense to take everything at once?" Gorwin tucked several manuals and books under one arm. "Then I wouldn't have to wait, or disturb you, and I am sure I'd be done much faster." He tucked another under his arm, eager to begin with the A's.

"All that time I spent reading is coming in handy. It's true what they say, about doing what you love." He was speaking to himself, but there was a good chance Kayenn overheard him.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-06-2020, 09:38 AM
prometheous100's Avatar
prometheous100 prometheous100 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2020
RPXP: 4301
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Posts: 5,858
Hytak workshopSimply nodding at the different processes used in these workshops, Kin'ta works silently as a bellows pull, or a striker when needed. Apprentices have their place and Kin'ta knew his well. Hytak had been very moderate with his treatment so far, but the tall Tiefling new how quickly that could change. Once the metal was quenched and had started annealing, Kin'ta spoke for the first time since explaining about the cloth and water. "Where is the broom?"
Keeping a meticulously clean workshop is how you avoid injuries, and there are very few things in smith work that cause only minor injuries. Heavy hammers, glowing hot metal, and several hundred pound anvils usually lead to painful and debilitating wounds if not outright death.

 
__________________
Usful things for Formatting posts Dice Roller
Thank you Anonymous person who gave me a green name... If I ever find out who you are... I'll ensure that no good deed goes un-punished Rewarded.

Last edited by prometheous100; 04-06-2020 at 09:38 AM. Reason: deleting some whitespace
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 31884
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 9,542
Marcus
right-aligned image
"Gah! Not the electrode-buzzer!" He yelped, thinking Thaz had already found him. He knew she was fast, but he was glad she wasn't this fast.

"Um, yes, nice to meet you, Ozzo. Nothing like the threat of death to break the ice." He tried to mock the ratfolk, but he couldn't help but be impressed; well, impressed and scared.

How can anyone be that quiet?

"Glad I didn't disappoint, even if it was in the shocked face department." He wanted to throw a barb, but the blade on his throat robbed him of any wit. "Since you're here, and you say this is a poor hiding spot, where would you hide from Thaz? It seems like you two know each other, and knowledge is power."

The thought kept coming from him, more frequently as of late. Was he bad like The Keeper? Or was an evil clock right twice a day? He didn't waste much time on the thought, focusing instead on learning all he could in the short time he had with the rat.

He thought quickly, knowing the boy wouldn't remain long. "If you're offering tips, I'll gladly have them. Any tips for El'tanya Sensei's weapon training tomorrow? They're fine blades, but I can't say as I have any experience with them." He gestured to the blade sticking out of his boot, his breath shortened as he no longer felt the familiar weight of the shard in his sleeve.

"Out with the old, in with the new." He said between deep breaths.

There has to be a subtler way of doing that! I can't even tell if Ozzo is breathing at all, let alone being on the verge of a nervous breakdown.





OOC
 
__________________
Iron DM 2020 is live!!!
Do you have the write stuff?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-12-2020, 06:50 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 26040
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 27,559
A cursed princessFeeling less pressure that she finally did something right today, Zerazad complexion is relaxing gradually. - " Thank you for your generosity. " She takes the pile of scrolls with her delicate arms. - " I understand, no magic without supervision. " Physical training is not really her cup of tea, her body and muscles never decay as a genie, simply limited by her cat frame. In any case, there's no point to try explain that to Ms. Palino. - " With your permission, I will get back to my room. Exploding and all were demanding today, many things happened. " Such as trashing André's ego. Politely excuse herself, she is going back to her apartment, leaving the pile of scrolls on her deck.
__________________
Learning mutants and masterminds!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-19-2020, 06:12 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,523
Wrap-Up Scenes
 

 

 

 



Currently
Date Orientation: Day 2
Time Evening
Weather Cool and comfortable

Return to Pod 314
With their mentors releasing them all for dinner, the new 1st-year students all headed back to the Lakeside Commons for the last meal of the day. They naturally gravitated to join their pod-mates and review the day's events. Most of the mentors had found a way to put their new mentees through some ordeal during the day. All of the 1st-years were exhausted. Thus, it was not long before they had retired to their living quarters in the Lightwell Dorms and then were off to sleep.

They were told that they had to arrive at the Hex at the break of dawn, so whatever sleep they could catch would no doubt be useful...

__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-19-2020, 06:13 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,523
Currently
Date Orientation: Day 3
Time Dawn
Weather Brisk and crisp

An Early Start
There were roughly 300 students assembled in the Hex this morning. Some were still groggy from the previous days activities. Some looked as sharp as the cool morning air.

"We are going to split you by Pods into three groups this morning," Professor Miro shouted, standing on a stool to make sure that he could be heard by all the 1st-years, "One group will go with El'Tanya-Sensei. One group will go with Mr. Lightbringer," Miro gestured at a broad shouldered man with a perfectly-shaped beard, and beautiful golden-brown curly hair which seemed to dance in the breeze. His eyes sparkled almost as much as the first rays of sunlight. Cedric Lightbringer waved jovially as if those assembled were an audience and flashed a picture-perfect smile.

"The last group will be with me, Miro." Professor Miro shrugged, "We'll rotate every three hours or so, so you'll definitely get to see all of us before the day is through. When I call your pod number, please organize yourselves. You're smart enough to do that, right?"

Pod 314 was called to line up in front of El'Tanya-sensei.

El'Tanya-Sensei's First Duel
El'tanya-sensei was an imposing figure. The half-elf was not particularly tall, some students were in fact much larger than her. Yet her presence was felt by even the largest of students: she could command students with a merest glance.

El'tanya-sensei led the students to one of the longhouses which lay on the perimeter of the Hex. These spaces held multiple practice rooms as well as armories with a multitude of practice equipment and weapons. Inside this barracks was a large polished wooden floor and tall ceilings.

"You will each duel me in turn. Choose whatever weapon in the barracks that you would like."

An older student who was assisting El'tanya-sensei took out a long list of names while El'tanya began stretching.

"Please sit in seiza until I call your name. If you are next up, you may stand and stretch in preparation for your duel."

Once students were lined up and seated, the sempai began calling students names.

"Lopri Zuker," the sempai said, "On deck, Tally Newbeck."

Lopri Zuker stood and nervously chose a wooden short sword from the assembled weapons. El'tanya-sensei held a wooden boken in one hand. El'tanya shifted her stance to a ready position.

"Hajime!" the sempai shouted.

There was stillness: El'tanya-sensei was waiting for Lopri to make the first move. But the poor first year student seemed paralyzed in fear. Still El'tanya-sensei stood waiting. 10 seconds passed. 20 seconds. A minute. Finally, Lopri lost his nerve and brazenly charged at El'tanya-sensei.

The duel was over instantly: El'tanya sensei brought her boken down on Lopri's sword-wielding hand and instantly disarmed him. With a flick of her wrist, she swung her boken sideways towards the boy's head, stopping just short of making contact.

Lopri soiled himself, and left the main part of the floor, embarrassed.

"You will sit in seiza with the rest of the students," El'tanya sensei interrupted. Unable to clean himself, Lopri blushed an even darker shade of red and sat in his wetted garments.

"Tally Newbeck," the sempai called, "On deck, Violet Rardiga."


 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding

Last edited by dalarangreen; 04-19-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB