Game Thread Chapter 1: To Cross the Dragonwall - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Heroes of the Purple Wastes
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 04-18-2020, 08:31 PM
Miss Nomer's Avatar
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer is online now
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 521
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Posts: 168
Haj
right-aligned image
The mamluk takes her time, Using Blessing of the Forge to give Haj's armor +1 AC.each clasp fastened with precision, so that each piece and layer is smooth, comfortable, and straight. Then the outer robe returns, covering up the meticulously donned armor so that no one would see its perfection except Haj herself.

Haj exits her tent and once again makes a path along the dusty ground towards the inn, this time entering. She can see the boy- no, man from earlier, along with some of the others who had been drawn by the commotion. The merchant is there as well. She doesn't pay too much mind to them or their conversation, but she takes great interest in the tea Ma Chung Ying places before her.

"Much appreciated, sir." Most of the nations she had visited in her travels failed to comprehend the artistry of making proper tea. These nations, farther east than all the others, had been far more accommodating to Haj's tastes, and providing flavors she was not used to, as well. It is unfortunate that the caravan to the Wall would likely not have room to spare for such luxuries.

”Of course, I will also need some guards for the trip. Do you perhaps know where I could find some suitable ones?”

Now there was a phrase that captured Haj's interest. This is what she had been waiting for, when she had come to this inn in the middle of nowhere. The start of a group to travel the arduous journey to the Dragonwall.

A reflex from her time as a soldier almost takes over... the desire to down the rest of the tea in one gulp and stand, ready to leave at that instant. "No, that's silly... we wouldn't leave right now regardless." Sergeants and Captains had no patience; when they said Haj and her company had somewhere to be, they had meant five minutes ago. Civilians had patience, but no haste.

Relaxing herself, Haj stands up and brings her tea with her and her weapons click and clank on their way towards the table.

"I'll go as well, if you please."

Last edited by Miss Nomer; 04-18-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-20-2020, 05:55 PM
briar's Avatar
briar briar is online now
Inter-dimensional Witch
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 1143
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Posts: 221
Molly Tespin
right-aligned image
Molly Tespin
Half-Elf Paladin/Rogue
Oath of Vengeance

HP: 42 -- AC: 15
Passive Perception: 10
Lay on Hands: 15 / 15
All the while that the confrontation is going on outside--and is later moved inside--another conflict is being played out only a few feet away from where a group of individuals of all shapes and sizes had gathered and were passing the time with a slightly less-than-friendly game of cards.

Among these sordid folk sat a blonde half-elf with her legs propped up on her edge of the table, her cards sitting face down beneath the heel of her boot and her chair leaned precariously on two legs. Two empty flagons sat stacked on the floor beside her, and a third one was clutched idly in her hand, also three-quarters empty. She appeared much as she always did, dressed in a loose-fitting white shirt that showed through her more form-fitting black shirt beneath, as well as a pair of long, leathery chaps that extended just down past the top of her thick hide boots. Her hair was presently being kept up with a small black handkerchief, and thus away from her face and the cheeky grimace she wore for an expression. Her weapons were not currently on her, likely stored away in her room at the inn, though she was sporting a pair of heavy steel gauntlets that looked imposing enough by themselves.

She smiled as the man to the left of her folded, leaving only herself and two others still in the game as the turn was laid out on the table. J♦. Along with a 10♣, a K♦ and a 10♥. A pair was nothing to take for granted in a game with this kind of tense atmosphere, and in all likelihood, both of her nemesis had a good hand, otherwise, they wouldn't have made it passed the first round of betting.

Yet they stared at her bitterly and with apprehension, looking from her cards to herself and only occasionally stealing a glance at one another. And why was it that these two men, both of whom looked like they were no strangers to alleyway scuffles and hard days under the sun? It was because Molly hadn't even looked at her cards. She was playing completely blind, smiling away as she did, calling every bet, raising every check, and playing so carefree that the two men couldn't decide whether she was just crazy, or if this was part of some elaborate ploy to cheat them. Anyone watching the game could practically taste the anxiety.

She took another wash of her drink as one of them opted to check and the round passed to the next man. He fingered his cards angrily and stared at the community, then after a good half a minute finally bellowed out: "I'll bet..."

No sooner had he started pushing the six copper coins towards the pot, however, was his voice cut off by Molly's shrill, twanging voice, "Call!" She sneered as the man's eyes whipped towards her.

"...damnit," the third man grumbled softly and pushed his cards away, signaling his defeat. The other seemed emboldened by this.

The river came down hard: 9♥. The man smiled viciously, sliding forth a full two silver pieces on the table and a far cry higher than any bet had been up to this point.

"Well?" he said after a moment, eyeing Molly who had just stolen a glance away from the table to eye some of the rather formidable women who were currently engaged in negotiating with the merchant. She didn't know any of them, and she didn't particularly care, but any distraction from this wait was welcome enough.

She looked back, seeming to only just then realize that it was her turn, to which she reacted by rather violently hoisting her legs off the table and leaning forward. This was just enough force, it seemed, to cause her adversary's drink to teeter off the edge of it, and he dShould anyone be paying any attention to the game, they might notice Molly using that time to peek very quickly her hand.ove to catch it, spilling some of the swills on to his lap as he did so. When finally he resituated himself, he was sneering at him, a stack of four silver coins on the table in front of her: all she had left, and by sheer coincidence, all he had left to his name.

He gritted his teeth and peered at his cards, then back up, drawn into the deceitful green eyes of his opponent. She-devil. Impetuous little wench. Sly-tongued harpy. There were not enough words in his repertoire for the man to convey his dislike for this harlot. Then again...with this hand... He drew in a breath, sneering back, called.

He flipped his cards. 9♣, 9♦. A full house. He thought about laughing triumphantly then and there, but he wanted to wait to see the look on her face, but when he looked up, the face he saw wasn't one of sorrow or scorn. It was the face of triumph. He looked down as she turned her cards...

10♦...10♠️

All the color instantly drained out of his face, only to come surging back violently until he was a shade of red greater even than the rose-colored swill he was drinking. In a moment, he was on his feet, grabbing her wrist as she went to rake in the pot and spewing forth obscenities.

No sooner did he do this, however, than did Molly twist her arm, coiling her fingers around his wrist instead and slowly but surely bending it until the man's body twisted and writhed from the pain of his appendage being wrenched almost completely around."Wot's 'at? Was you sayin' some'in? Sorry 'bout that, mate, there was 'is fly buzzin' in me ear. Tell me again, yeah?"

Last edited by briar; 04-20-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-21-2020, 07:18 AM
Vailee's Avatar
Vailee Vailee is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-18-2020
RPXP: 557
Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee
Posts: 246
A Lot of Thinking
right-aligned image

The redhead is acceptable.

Vanithessa deigns to give her a nod as she takes the seat. And then kind of regrets it. Why did she sit down? She's already established that this doesn't have anything to do with her, why is she still here? The interesting bit is over, this is just... boring after bits. She doesn't really listen to the conversation going on at the table, scowling off into the distance.

She almost doesn't notice the table is approached by someone else, to busy being annoyed by herself. She does, however, perk up when that someone asks about guards. This was what she was here for, waiting for a caravan going in the right direction. And an offer to be a guard instead of having to pay for the escort was certainly a sweet deal.

"I will also go." She announces, looking up at the woman. Teseye or something. Whatever. Her attention is quickly drawn to an altercation happening at another table. Still, probably nothing to do with her, but possibly more interesting than what was going on at this table.
__________________
This is a signature
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Nade's Avatar
Nade Nade is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 4034
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Posts: 1,657
Chaos Erupts
right-aligned image

Just across the room from where Tsenya was even now propositioning the merchant Haldemar for a caravan and accompanying regiment of guards to take her across the Dragonwall to where she was needing to go, a commotion was beginning to brew.

The notorious ruffian and ne’er do-well known as Black Bart was not having a good day. It was fair to say that it was because of him and his equally unreliable crew that Haldemar was having to look for replacement guards to begin with. Originally hired in the market bazaar of Kuo’Te-Lung, ostensibly to accompany Haldemar on his expedition to establish a new trade route between the Western Heartlands and the enigmatic lands of Kara-Tur. Unfortunately as the trip had progressed Haldemar had found, much to his chagrin, that Black Bart and his black crew were not particularly useful at anything other than drinking and carousing. This he had found when his reserves of alcohol had suddenly and not-so inexplicably vanished on the journey east, and Black Bart, far from providing an adequate service guarding the caravan, had instead spent most of it pissed.

So it was that morning that Haldemar had fired the retinue, and now finding themselves stuck in the arse end of nowhere, decided to just drink themselves into blissful insensitivity and play cards with the “gullible” locals.

Enter one Molly Tespin, on her intrepid adventures to see the world at large — to see many wonderful, wondrous places. Unfortunately, the Bitter Well Oasis, stuck as it was at the edge of a desert, was not one of those wonderful or wondrous places. It was, to put a finer point on it, a dust-ridden hellhole. Unfortunately for Madeline Mallory “Molly” Tespin, the curious and adventurous half-elf found herself playing cards with this despicable and dishonest bunch of curs.

And so Black Bart, with his one good eye, several days worth of stubble and a mouthful of blackened and broken teeth stared down this impetuous she-witch who thought that she, she of all people could cheat him of his hard-earned coin. His fellows, “Mad Dog” McCarthy and the humongous glob of flesh known simply as “Twitch”, had folded earlier, leaving him and him alone to put this damnable banshee with the hideous voice back in her place.

So it was that he threw his cards down with enough force to send a muted slapping sound echoing across the table as he leaned forwards, beer and vomit-infused breath hot on Molly’s face as he proclaimed victory.

”Now ye take that ye damnable she-fiend and ye give me my winn.....uh?!?”

His triumphant cry was cut-off mid-speech as Molly turned over her cards. Black Bart stared at them wide-eyed as the colour drained yet further from his already pasty features.

As Molly went to collect her winnings, Black Bart’s pasty face turned bright red as he shook a fist at her.

“Now hang on there a minnit ye ****ing cheating harlot wench! Ye be cheatin’ me and me fellows as clear as the day be long!”

To be perfectly clear, a day in the desert is a VERY long time.

“Them there are MY winnings. MINE!”

Reaching out, he grabbed her wrist.

Big mistake.

You see, Molly was more powerful and athletic than the nefarious man would have presumed. Molly turned it right back on him, suddenly twisting and forcing his wrist back in on itself. Black Bart, not particularly used to someone turning his bullying ways back on him, yelled out in pain.

“Yeeeeeoooowwww let go of me wrist ye wench. Mad Dog, Twitch, smack the bitch up!”

The obese mountain of flesh responded by shifting his mammoth bulk forwards. Picking up one of the chairs, he turned it round as he advanced on the diminutive by comparison half-elf.

Mad Dog, a particularly shifty looking man with a particularly distinctive scar zig-zagging up and down his face (giving the impression that his features were mismatched), turned one of the chairs over. With a great deal of force, he ripped the chair leg off leaving it with a jagged, pointed edge.

”With pleasure boss,” as he spoke, Mad Dog spat out flecks of spittle which came to rest in his bushy beard.

***

Violence erupted in the room just as Vanithessa pledged to join the caravan along with Tajsa and Haj.

”Well, its not like you could be any worse than Black Bart and his.....”

Haldemar’s words were cut off by the sound of pained yells and wood splintering. He jumped to his feet in surprise as amidst the sudden cacophonous noise Ma Chung-Ying’s voice could be heard.

“Any damage will be coming off your bar tab,” the usually calm man was flustered as his place of paradise was suddenly turned into a battleground.

Like an oasis of calm amidst a maelstrom of chaos, Tsenya gracefully rose from her seat next to Haldemar. As the older merchant scuttled backwards, heading for the back of the Inn, Tsenya walked forwards with her hands clasped behind her back to stand next to the first person to pledge herself as guard, Tajsa. As her dark eyes surveyed the unfolding carnage her voice was oddly calm.

”Three against one,” she said, her musical, lilted tone taking on an analytical edge. ”Somewhat unfair odds don’t you think?”

Her dark eyes moved over to Tajsa, meeting hers first before looking to the others of the group.

”Would you be so kind as to join me in evening said odds?”

The corners of her lips turned upwards in a ghost of a smile.

 
__________________
GM: What Lies Beneath - a Gothic Horror role-playing extravaganza

GM: Heroes of the Purple Waste: - an enchanted adventure in a faraway land of mystical promise

Last edited by Nade; 04-21-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:51 AM
ihinka's Avatar
ihinka ihinka is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 3717
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Posts: 1,320
Bleeding in a pool of sharks
right-aligned image
As soon as the newcomer approached, Alena's posture stiffened once more. The woman's baring was unmistakable. But even if that wasn't enough, Ma Chung Ying's reaction was a dead giveaway. That and the way the young woman spoke and interacted with the group. Alena could recognize royalty with her eyes closed. And not surprising too. A few years back, she, herself, held much the same posture and baring.

Poor Haldemar was completely taken in by the young woman. His mouth doing a damn good impersonation of a fish out of water. But he was not the only one. The bow lass, the one who'd teased poor Lath with her stretching maneuver, who'd appeared utterly disinterested in going over the wall, changed her tune the moment the woman named Tsenya appeared. And just like that, one after the other, the women gathered around the table expressed desire to serve as this stranger's guards.

Alena was certainly not against it. Her path led the same way. And she wasn't opposed to serving as a guard. But while she was more at ease offering such service to Haldemar. Doing so for this stranger of obvious regal origins, well, obvious to herself at the very least, put her somehow ill at ease. And then something drew Alena's attention to the heraldic on Tsenya's armor. The vampire's eyes squinted in concentration as she shifted the red-rimmed irises from Tsenya's armor to the box, still clasped in Haldemar's hand. The one he'd lifted off Lath as a form of payment for the young man's stowing away in the merchant's caravan.

Interesting! Sounetar's voice rung inside Alena's head.

"You think so too, Mistress?" The cleric captain inquired, but knew full well she would receive no further input from her patron. Sounetar was a being of few words. It was enough for Alena to know her interest was peaked. But on this, at least patron and acolyte were in agreement. The heraldic on Tsenya's armor, if not identical to the sigil on Lath's box, was damn well similar to it. Alena raised her eyes to look at Tsenya. She was about to announce her acceptance of the offer to serve as her guard, when all hell broke loose.

Oh, Alena'd sensed the scent of sharks in the water. How could she not. The type was all to familiar to her. She had not lived for eighty-something years to not have met almost all type of scum in the world. So why should this new world be any different.

The altercation brewing a few tables over quickly escalated into a full-blown brawl. Bodies jerked in surprise, excitement or caution. And before Alena could gather her wits about her to once again try and diffuse the situation, something dark grabbed ahold of her! The redhead swung her gaze ever so slowly in the direction of Lath. Canines throbbing stronger than ever Alena stalked closer to the young man. Lips parted in an almost feral snarl, revealing pin-point sharp canines, glistening with want. Need!

Alena's body felt heavy and light at the same time as she drew closer to Lath. Silent! Deadly! The red around her amber irises now glowed brightly. Pulsing in time with Alena's heartbeat.

Ga-gon...

Ga-gon...!

Ga-gon!!!

The sweet, coppery smell filled Alena's lungs and she gulped down on it, like a drowning woman sucking air in. She moved as if in trance. But with deadly purpose to her movements. Alena was almost upon the young man, her arms ready to enfold him in a deadly embrace from behind. Her lips drawn, and her canines pregnant with bloodlust, when Saoirse's face flashed in her mind's eye. Bloodied, drawn from fatigue and sorrow. But determined and unyielding as she fought desperately to bring an almost dead Alena back to life on the battlefield.

Breathing in sharply the vampiress withdrew with lightning speed from the boy. Appalled at what had almost transpired. At what she'd almost let happen. Her eyes darkened, though that bright red line still shone around her irises. She grabbed Lath's injured hand and twirled him around to face her. Leaning down swiftly, she came within millimetres of his face.

"Take care of your wounds, lad!" She spoke softly, and yet the words appeared all the more threatening for it. "With sharks in the water, even the tiniest cut can cost you your life!"

Alena peeled away from Lath, now in full control of her faculties. But the hunger was still there! And while she would not kill, she had to feed! Needed to, like a dying man dreaming of water in the desert!!! She took stock of the choices at her disposal. It seemed only fair that she took from the ones who'd caused the commotion and thrown her self-control for a loop. Her lip curled into a crooked grin, exposing a deadly looking fang, almost quivering with need.

"Who will it be..." Alena whispered to herself in a sing-song way as her bloodlust filled eyes jumped from the rascal of a woman that had almost assuredly started it all, to the disgusting looking men all too eager to be goaded by this roguish stranger. "Who should I grace with the kiss of the pureblood?!" The vampiresse's eyes caressed the blond as she kept her angry opponent at bay with but her hand. "Or punish with the mark of the beast!!!" Alena swung her head towards the scruffy gang of drunkards, baring down on the blond slobbering in anger at their fragile egos being bruised by a woman.

Tsenya's appeal for evening the odds going completely overlooked by the vampire as she stalked her prey.

Alena's predatory eyes fell on a large mass of flesh. Her eyes sparkled in delight at the same time as her throat constricted in disgust. During her tenure with her clan Alena knew well huge people like this one were veritable blood banks. But at the same time left much to be desired were taste was concerned. If anyone had high chances of surviving her bloodthirst, it was this sack of meat.

With her prey established, the vampire wasted no time. She was on the huge man in a flash. Jumping on him from behind, she coiled her legs around his huge midsection and worked with her hands to try and expose his jugular.


OOC
 


Character Details
 
__________________
How do you wanna do this?!

Last edited by ihinka; 04-30-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:45 PM
briar's Avatar
briar briar is online now
Inter-dimensional Witch
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 1143
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Posts: 221
Molly Tespin
right-aligned image
Molly Tespin
Half-Elf Paladin/Rogue
Oath of Vengeance

HP: 42 -- AC: 15
Passive Perception: 10
Lay on Hands: 15 / 15
Any sane individual might take the opportunity to duck and run from this affair. Then again, anyone who expected to see something like that didn't know Molly very well. The half-elf pistol didn't shirk a fight to save her own hide and was more than willing to suffer a few blows if it meant taking these morons down a notch.

She hadn't even noticed that anyone was aiding her as of yet, being now entirely focused on the fight in front of her. The odds were unfair, sure, but not ones she hadn't faced before. "Aww wot's wrong? Can't even manage a single girl on yer own? Not much to yer manhood is'ere?"

As Bart wrenched and whined under her iron grip, she smirked and looked up at the two equally sizable men who came to answer his plea for aid. She spun around him in order to try and put him between herself and his cronies but could feel her grip loosening with the endeavor. With her hostage about to free himself, her advantage would be lost, so she opted to do what usually came to mind in circumstances like these: hit 'em where it hurts. She was mildly entertained at the irony of her quip from moments before.

With a sudden lunge, her leg wheels back, and like a shooter in a game of soccer, she drives a kick home straight towards ol' Bart's nethers.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:29 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is online now
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 4983
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,551
left-aligned image


Tajsa looked on as others volunteered to join the caravan, most notably the woman she'd followed outside before. ~ Oh good. I was hoping she'd join. From the shadow she'd not been able to find before, another voice volunteered. As Tajsa began to smile, she covered it up with a small drink of her tea, taking slightly longer as to get a better look at the 'shadow'.

The Gods were surely messing with her, for sure. There were way too many desirable women joining this caravan. She turned her attention to Lath, in the hopes to see him just as flustered as herself. But also in the hopes that it would be less obvious of her own desires.

And then there was noise, someone shouting about being cheated. Already she was beginning to stand, taking two daggers from where they'd rested on her belt. "On it." she said flatly. A flash of red flew before her, and leapt on to the back of the man mountain. This left only the ugly one for her.

"Hey, Ugly!" she called out,
Dice Attack Mad Dog, Dagger 1:
1d20+7 (14)+7 Total = 21
1d4+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
throwing her daggers one
Dice Attack Mad Dog, Dagger 2:
1d20+7 (2)+7 Total = 9
1d4 2
after the other, at the one she didn't know as Mad Dog. "You got problems of your own."

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 04-21-2020 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-22-2020, 01:12 AM
Miss Nomer's Avatar
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer is online now
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 521
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Posts: 168
Haj
right-aligned image
Somehow, even when the fight was three against one, it seemed closer to being fair than now.

Haj had almost sat down to finish her tea. She wasn't interested in getting involved in a barroom brawl, and the "accosted" woman is clearly capable of taking care of herself. Haj winces as Molly's foot collides with Black Bart's jewels... more than capable.

But then Mad Dog rips the leg off a chair, producing a wooden shiv with a vicious edge. When it was simply fists, a fair fight had been sporting, but now a line had been crossed, from which there was no returning. The threat of death, even to someone else, was a sin that evoked no end to Haj's wrath. His only saving grace is that he had not used it yet.

The one sitting next to Haj stands and throws a flash of daggers, already taking action. And the pale redhead was more than eager to enter the fray. How quickly a simple fistfight had devolved.

Haj sets down her tea cup with no sense of urgency. Her goal isn't to save any of the women's lives; no, they don't need saving. If anything, she's giving the men one last chance to deescalate before they get themselves killed.

Walking over to Mad Dog, Haj grabs underneath his arm, the one holding the broken chair leg, and attempts to yank it behind his back, before wrestling the man to the ground.

"Unwise." She states flatly, referring to the chair leg. "Surrender."

OOCAction:
Dice Athletics:
1d20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9
Grapple Mad Dog
Action 2: Action Surge -
Dice Athletics:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22


If I failed the first grapple check, I'll use the second to grapple instead of shove.
Shove Mad Dog Prone
Bonus:
Move:
Reaction:
Dice Shield Bash (Improvised, I assume):
1d20+4 (16)+4 Total = 20
Dice Damage:
1d4+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
AoO if it applies.

 

Last edited by Miss Nomer; 04-22-2020 at 04:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-22-2020, 02:52 PM
Jennifer's Avatar
Jennifer Jennifer is offline
Queen of Mischief
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-05-2020
RPXP: 3862
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Posts: 3,644
To the wall
left-aligned image
Tanni took a seat at the table, her dress folding neatly about her seemingly attuned to her body. The warm steam from the tea curling along her cheeks and nose delicately as if afraid to touch her delicate features. She gently blew across the lip of the cup; the tea being unsweetened, and undefiled by the lactose of any animal.

She wondered why there were so many concerned with what was in the box. Did it matter to the fates of the nine worlds? What if it was filled with venom, or perhaps it was filled with the hair of a lost loved one. Did any of this matter in their ability to progress towards, navigate through, and then extricate from the Dragonwall? Even if it did, was assaulting the young man's honor worth the effort to discover the contents of the box? Not in her opinion, and as such, she left the topic well enough alone as she shipped the herbal tea provided.

The one known as Tajsa seemed to be evaluating each member at the table. Her uncle, the captain, had once informed her that there was great power in being other than one appeared. Rather, more directly, 'if strong, feign weakness; if weak pretend strength.' Though to be truthful with the universe, that skirted the perimeter of honor to her; and these were hardly enemies, albeit they were not friends yet - how else does one become a friend but in exposing oneself to potential calamity; whether that be calamity of a social nature, or other.

Haj appeared to utilize her garments as a sort of barrier between her and the world; from her headdress to the fit and security of each button - each part said 'keep your distance, I am a private person, leave me alone.'

A blond, with quite some swagger, had created a ruckus nearby and had since come to join them at their table. Tanni figured, the more the merrier - and the more, the less chance one of them may be a snake in the guise of a dove. Still, she was trying to work out whom and what everyone was, as knowledge may not be power (power is power!) but it still helped.

Of course, this all alighted in quite a larger more robust ruckus; cajoling the keeper of the establishment to threaten everyone present with a most unwelcome conclusion. As for Tanni, she took it all in stride, quietly sipping her tea and watching the environment unfold.

The lines were being drawn; and Tanni was running low on tea. It seemed fairly balanced, no need to get involved unless necessary. She shrugged, waiting to see if she'd be able to get another cup or not.

Meanwhile she smiled warmly at the combatants. "Ladies, gentlemen. Perhaps you would prefer a nice drink instead of resulting to fisticuffs? I would be more than happy to purchase a round of Sake and maybe an ale for each of you; provided you are so kind as to not destroy this lovely establishment with manly aggression. " she knew she was more than capable of dropping everyone in the building if necessary; but then her dress would get ruffled and her hair undone; the exertion alone would flush her face as her heart would pound heavily; and when all was said and done, the owner of this establishment would be vehemently upset with her after destroying all his china and glassware. She desired to remain on good terms with the proprietor, as this was a good trading post.


She could see on the faces of those around that her words and mannerisms were having some effect. Would it be enough to prevent bloodshed, or not?


Dicage
 


Character Demographics
 
__________________
My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luc (Luke) Ignatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Last edited by Jennifer; 04-22-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-25-2020, 05:37 AM
Nade's Avatar
Nade Nade is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-29-2020
RPXP: 4034
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Posts: 1,657
Brawl For All
right-aligned image

As the common room deteriorated into chaotic violence, the man mountain known as Twitch waddled forwards slowly, chair in hand to accost the blonde woman who had apparently cheated his employer. Violence in hand, violence in mind, he raised the chair to slam it over Molly’s head and silence her once and for all. A flash of red at the corner of his vision was the only hint that the girthful behemoth had that this transaction would perhaps not end in a way that he would have desired. The next thing he felt was a weight on his back and legs coiled around his midsection. Hands pressed against his neck in an attempt to force his head to one side.

”What? Ye gettin frisky with me lass?”

Spittle gobbled from Twitch’s bulbous mouth as he pitched forwards suddenly in an attempt to dislodge the red-haired woman suddenly attached to his behind. With a sudden surge of strength, he reached back, dropping his chair. Grabbing Alena, Twitch pitched her over his head. she takes 4 damageThe vampiress landed with a crash and splintering of wood through one of the round tables. Lying on her back, amidst the wreckage, she could only watch as the blob of flesh pounded his blubbery chest with both hands. Spittles of dribble fell from his mouth and landed on her face.

Near to Alena, apparently unfazed by the loud chaos (and perhaps even accustomed to it), Molly moved her leg backwards. Despite the pain of his hand and wrist being twisted by the loud and brash half-elf, Black Bart sneered, revealing blackened and decaying kernels once more.

“Ye see now that ye’re bitten off more than you can chew ye damnable wench,” he began to spit obscenities.

“Me boys an’ me are gonna smack ye up reaaaaalllll YEEEEOOOOOWWWW!”

He was cut off mid-sentence as Molly booted him right in the balls. Black Bart met Molly’s gaze head on as his eyes began to water.

”Me middles....” he gasped as he fell to his knees, wrenching his hand free from her and placing it over his delicate and wounded crown jewels.

As it turned out, the enigmatic woman called Tsenya didn’t even need to act. By her side, Tajsa moved quickly, drawing two daggers from her belt. She threw the first.

“ Hey, Ugly! You got problems of your own,” she called out as the first dagger flashed through the air.

Flying past Mad Dog, the dagger buried itself in one of the wooden tables at his side with a loud THONK. Its hilt vibrated from the force of impact.

”My beautiful inn! Ruined!”

Ma Chung-Ying’s voice could be heard echoing around as his composure finally cracked at the wanton destruction of his desert oasis.

Mad Dog grinned as he waved the broken chair leg threateningly towards her as he snarled, “Yer a crap shot bitch, why I’m gonna...”

The second dagger buried itself right in his shoulder as he cried out, ”**** YOU!”

With a swift motion he reached up and pulled the dagger out of his shoulder, dropping it on the floor. Before he could move towards her though, the young woman, Haj, calmly strode over to him. Seeing her, Mad Dog snarled. He thrust the broken chair leg forwards looking to pierce her chest. To his amazement, Haj suddenly side-stepped the motion, deftly grabbing his arm. With a sudden twist, she pulled his arm behind him. Kicking the back of his knees, Mad Dog pitched forwards with a gurgled cry as she snapped his arm back. The chair leg suddenly fell from nerveless fingers as she calmly requested his surrender.

“I yield! I yield!” he cried out in a panicked voice.

Lath had already spied the retreating merchant, Haldemar. Standing quietly, the young man began to move after him.

”I think you’ve got something that belongs to me,” he whispered to himself as he quietly stalked his prey.

And indeed, as Haldemar moved over to the exit, his eyes were placed firmly on the fight that had erupted inside the common room. He never noticed as Lath glided around the corners of the room. Inside Haldemar’s jacket pocket, he spied the golden lockbox. The box called out to him, it was his and his alone. Creeping up towards the unsuspecting merchant, Lath reached out and deftly took the box from his pocket.

If there was one thing he was good at it was stealing. Moving slowly and silently back to his seating place, Lath sat down next to Tanni and nodded his head at her, still grinning.

In the meantime, completely unflustered by the fight going on around her, Tanni sat there continuing to drink her tea. Well, to correct, she would have been unflustered had it not been for the fact that she had just finished her last drop of tea, and it did not look like Ma Chung Ying was particularly inclined at that point in time to bring her another one given the fact that his establishment was being wrecked around him. In an effort to correct this most unwelcome turn of events, Tanni offered to buy everyone a drink.

Twitch, balling his fists together and about to pound Alena with them suddenly stopped. Looking over toi, his bulbous features split in a toothy grin.

”Aye an ale would be good,” he said in a thick voice.

Near to him, Black Bart continued to groan as he rolled around on the floor with his knees drawn up to his chest. Mad Dog winced with his arm twisted around his back as he gasped, ”I’ve never tried Sake before....”

With her arms still clasped around her back, Tsenya walked over to Ma Chung Ying, ”Do not worry,” she began calmly, ”I will see you compensated suitably for any damage that has occurred here today.”

As Ma Chung Ying gaped at her wordlessly, she turned away from him and walked purposefully over to where the blonde haired half-elf stood over the writhing form of her downed opponent. Her dark eyes sparkled as a warm smile made its way across her delicate features that appeared made of porcelain. She placed a gentle hand on Molly’s shoulder.

”You are exactly what I am looking for. I do not know mayhap you have other plans, but I am planning an expedition across the Dragonwall and through the Katakoro Mountains. Would you consider joining me as a guard for the journey? I need spirited and strong individuals like yourself for the perilous journey that lies ahead.”

 
__________________
GM: What Lies Beneath - a Gothic Horror role-playing extravaganza

GM: Heroes of the Purple Waste: - an enchanted adventure in a faraway land of mystical promise

Last edited by Nade; 04-29-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-25-2020, 11:19 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is online now
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 4983
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,551
left-aligned image


Just as she had wanted, she got the attention of the one called Mad Dog, though she would have assumed he was Twitch, but not her problem. She balled her fists, waiting for him to come at her, when Haj stepped in. Tajsa watched in stunned silence as the little warrior who had first caught her attention easily slipped past the overly aggressive man's punch, grabbed him by his arm, and kicked his legs out from under him. He yielded to her superiority soon after.

Impressed, Tajsa simply sat back down. She then took a final sip of her own rejuvenating tea, expecting to enjoy the show now, rather than participate in it. But before she could set her now empty tea cup down, the fight came to a quiet end. Tanni offered to buy a round, and to Tajsa's amazement, the three men all turned to look at her, and agree to her terms. The For that's how I see Tajsa.scout looked over at the sorceress, and she wasn't sure if she should be impressed that she ended it so quickly and efficiently, or annoyed that now there was nothing further to watch.

Instead, she turned to Ma Chung-Ying and held up her tea cup. "I'll take a sake, too. I'll pay for my own though. And I want the bottle, not just a cup."

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:02 PM
ihinka's Avatar
ihinka ihinka is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 3717
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Posts: 1,320
Let bygones be bygones!
right-aligned image
The moment Alena felt the huge, pudgy hands on her person, she remembered why blood banks as this blob of flesh were such a hassle. A phrase the eberronian engineers used often flew threw her mind as she, herself, flew through the air. Mass pulls mass! It didn't matter how strong she was. The sheer force this huge mass of a creature could exert was enough to lug her across the room and straight into one of the inn tables. Which promptly crumbled beneath Alena. Unable to absorb the kinetic energy generated by the flying body coming its way. It didn't even have the time to groan. It simply shattered in a multitude of pieces. Large and small.

The blubbery person pounded his fat in a show of victory as saliva flew from his gaping mouth hither and tither. Some of it managing to land on Alena's snow-white cheek. The vampire's vertical pupils constricted dangerously into slits. Before even thinking to right herself and stand Alena pulled out a crimson handkerchief and removed the undignifying fluid from her face with curt movements. The red strip around her irises flashed ominously as the cleric captain stood slowly up, dusting herself from the table debris. Alena felt a pressure at the back of her mind, but before her patron could issue any sort of warning, the thunderstorm brewing in her features melted into a saccharine expression.

Looking about she noticed the brawl was all but spent. With only her own opponent still standing and unharmed. The fair merchant lady was still seated calmly, offering drinks in exchange for no more hostilities. Alena's eyes flashed with an idea as the crimson ring around her amber eyes saturated into an even deeper hew of blood-red!

"Master Ma Chung-Ying..." Alena addressed the innkeeper. "Please forgive my barbaric behavior! Let me pay for the damages I've incurred on your establishment." The cleric pointed at the mutilated table with chagrin. She handed the flabbergasted man three gold pieces. "And, please, bring a flagon of your best ale for this strapping young man."

Alena approached Twitch with the same saccharine smile from before. Which only appeared strangely eerie with the lethal fangs peaking out of her parted lips. "The fair lady is right. A drink is much more preferable than exchanging blows." The vampiress accepted the flagon of ale handed to her and offered it to Twitch with her best facsimile of an innocent smile. "Why don't you take a hit of this fine ale here and let bygones be bygones!"

Stepping back she tried her best to act surprised as the huge man looked at the flagon of ale in his mitt and instead of chugging it down his slobbery gullet he crashed it straight into his ugly mug.

"My goodness, lad! I meant take a swig of the thing, not actually hit yourself with it!" Alena exclaimed. "Is this some form of peacemaking ritual of yours?" The cleric captain inquired all innocent curiosity and smiles as she returned to the table with Haldemar and the others.

A hearty chuckle permeated her mind. Well played, my captain! Well played! Alena hid a smirk at Sounetar's approval of her choice of actions.

As tension seemed to drain from the room the cleric captain took stock of everything and everyone around her. The thirst was still a throbbing pain inside her and anyone Alena laid eyes upon looked like a chunk of meat, ready to be devoured. She rose swiftly to her feet, almost dislodging the chair in her rush to stand. "Excuse me!" She rasped urgently. "I think I need some fresh air after all this excitement!" And with that she was out of the inn in a flash.

Alena pressed her forehead against the back wall of the inn. "If the boy hadn't bled!" She growled angry at herself at perceiving the people at the inn as nothing more than food. She wasn't like that anymore. But the predator within her would not be denied. She was old enough that her body was well past the critical need for blood. But that didn't mean the predator within her didn't want for it. Alena tried to get control over her labored breathing as a collage of faces flashed in her mind's eye. The fair merchant lady. The daring blond. The regal stranger. Even the three young lasses that Alena would not look upon in any sort of way under normal circumstances. All of them now made her mouth water and her canines throb with want.

She moaned, remembering that sweet, sweet smell.

There was nothing like it in the whole world. Nothing like the pure ecstasy that was a virgin's blood. Sweat beaded Alena's brow as she tried desperately to hold onto some semblance of control. "If only the boy hadn't bled." The cleric repeated, a clenched fist pounding the wall beside her head. Sounetar was quiet in her mind. Allowing her acolyte the dignity of getting through this tense moment by her own strengths and virtues.

After enough precious seconds have passed, however, she spoke.

It is curious though! A boy so young. I would have expected him to lose the contents of his bladder in the face of your vampiric rage! Sounetar pondered. And yet he seemed oddly unaffected by it. I wonder...

No further input was forthcoming. Alena didn't respond. While she acknowledged and stored the information for later consideration, at the current moment she was barely able of rational thought. It had been a while since she'd had to battle with her hunger so.

"If only the boy hadn't bled!" She whispered desperately once more, her throat constricting painfully.


OOC
 


Character Details
 
__________________
How do you wanna do this?!

Last edited by ihinka; 04-25-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-26-2020, 07:42 AM
Miss Nomer's Avatar
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer is online now
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 521
Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer Miss Nomer
Posts: 168
Haj
right-aligned image
Just as quickly as Mad Dog had been willing to surrender, he begins asking for sake as soon as the alcohol is offered. Haj snorts. The shift in attitude is utterly laughable, but the man seems to just genuinely be that simpleminded. She releases his arm to let him have his alcohol. Not being one to drink herself, Haj drifts wordlessly to the knife impaled in Ma Chung Ying's ornate table. She takes the hilt firmly and pulls straight back, preventing the wood from splintering anymore, before wiping her hand across the blemished surface. The cut disappears from the table, as if it had only been a stain that Haj were wiping away. Haj performed a similar ritual on the chair that Twitch had dropped on the floor, relieving a few scuff marks.

Looking at the chair Mad Dog had broken a leg off, and even moreso, the table Alena had been thrown into, Haj shakes her head. She couldn't magically repair something already broken. They would likely require old fashioned craftsmanship... and in the table's case, most likely a replacement. Haj could offer to build a new one, but she was a military engineer, not an artist. She doubted very much that anything of her creation would meet the innkeeper's aesthetic standards. Haj attempts the spell regardless. The chair might be within the scope of her power to fix, and it couldn't hurt to try.

Even still, the question of why she is interested in bothering at all does, however, enter Haj's mind. "The lady Tsenya already offered to pay already..." It isn't acknowledgment. Haj doesn't bother to tell anyone about the magical mending she had already performed. If she had the skill to craft an artisanal table, she wouldn't seek recognition for that, either. And it certainly isn't Haj's problem. Neither had the fight been in the first place. Or even the altercation this morning. Why did she keep bothering?

Glancing at the table, Haj knows the answer. The splintered wood, the long, jagged, sharp shards jutting out from a once-whole creation. Table legs cracked and crooked, with the entire apparatus gracelessly close to the ground. All so... chaotic. It felt personally insulting, seeing such a grand object stripped away of its purpose, even purposes so mundane as propping up plates and cups and looking pretty.

With a suppressed sigh, Haj tears her gaze away from the carnage to look over at the friendly carousing at the table nearby, all of the women and men who had been involved in the fight before drinking together. It draws memories of the other mamluks, when they had picked fights with each other and played pranks. But they had all been friends before any altercations. Closer than friends. Altercations blew over because at the end of the day, a fistfight with a brother or a sister was nothing compared to the times you had saved their life, and they had saved yours. As Alena laughs at Twitch's face slamming into a flagon of ale, Haj doubts very much that either of them would trust the other with much of anything, yet here they are pretending to be best friends.

"Very different from the establishments in the West, that's for sure."

Alena's rasping excuse and sudden departure shatter's Haj's thoughts on the matter, and her eyes follow the woman out the door. "Must have trouble with her ale," she thinks to herself. This is one of the many reasons Haj doesn't drink herself. Still, she had a spell for such problems... Najm knows how many alcohol poisonings and handovers Haj has had to mend from her days as a mamluk. Nobody drinks like a Zakharan soldier. Haj follows Alena outside, finding her head bowed down and pressed against the side of the building.

If she and Haj were going to be travelling together, she might as well get to know the woman now.

"Are you all right? If it's the alcohol, I have a spell for that," Haj offers.

OOCCasting Mending wherever there is damage from the brawl.

 
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-26-2020, 11:49 AM
ihinka's Avatar
ihinka ihinka is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 3717
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Posts: 1,320
Virgins galore!
right-aligned image
Alena cringed at the sound of the voice and visibly recoiled away from Haj. Nonononono! Not now! The vampire's frantic thoughts chased each other within her mind.

"I don't drink..." She rasped out-loud, her voice shaking and her breathing still labored.

It was true. Alcohol held no appeal to vampires. There was only one substance capable of bringing them intoxicating oblivion. Blood!

A shift in the wind brought the scent of the young girl gently to Alena's nose. Her body stiffened, a groan escaping her throat. Or was it a growl? No! Not another one!!! What is wrong with the young people of this world?! Are they not permitted to have sex before a certain age?!? The blood cleric withdrew even further away from Haj and the sweet scent of virgin blood. Alena now trembled visibly with her restraint. She wanted to. Oh, gods, how she wanted to! It would be so easy. To turn and lock eyes with the lass. To draw her in. To make her want. Just Like Alena wanted. To want to give. To give the vampire what she needed. What she yearned for so desperately.

NO! Alena gasped, stifling a moan. Not now! Not like this! Never like this! Never again!

Clamping down on her thirst hard, Alena turned her face partially to look at Haj. She stayed glued to the wall still, as if it was the only thing keeping her from devouring the young woman.

"Your kindness is appreciated, lass! But... This... You cannot help me with this..." Alena's face was almost ashen. Sweat beaded her brow and her lip, and her fangs could not be concealed behind her lips like usual with the hunger pangs she was experiencing at the moment. "No spell can allay what pains me!" Alena sighed softly, feeling some semblance of clarity returning to her. "What I need you cannot give... And I... I cannot take... Not the way I am right now!"

Alena peeled off the wall and faced Haj fully now. She still appeared shaken. Trembling ever so slightly. But her eyes were clear, even if the amber still brightly rimmed in blood-red. The young woman before her carried herself in a very familiar fashion.

Alena smile gently at Haj, approaching her slowly. "Thank you for coming to check up on me. I... I am better now. Let's rejoin the others inside, yes?" The cleric captain's hand hovered above the small of Haj's back in an invitation of a sort.


OOC
 


Character Details
 
__________________
How do you wanna do this?!

Last edited by ihinka; 04-27-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-26-2020, 01:44 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is online now
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-06-2020
RPXP: 4983
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,551
left-aligned image


Honestly, Tajsa might have forgotten about her daggers thrown, what with all the drinking and friendly carousing now happening, if she had not been watching the wrapped one with curiosity. When Haj pulled her dagger free of the table, she fully expected, and truly hoped, that the blade would be returned to her.

Instead, after healing the wood of said table, and then one of the nonbroken chairs, Haj followed Alena out the door. This did not sit well with Tajsa. Especially since that meant that she had to get up and retrieve her other dagger, but also now had to follow the two of them out, almost like a sad puppy.

Tajsa stood, found her other dagger, and wiped the blood off on a found cloth, then followed the pair of lovely women out the doors. She slipped her newly reacquired dagger back where it belonged, as she approached the two women,"Hey!" she called loudly when she was within a couple feet of the dagger thief, then holds out her hand. "My dagger, if you'd be so kind." her eyes turned to look at Alena, then back to Haj, as if wondering if there was something more between the two, that she had not seen earlier.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 04-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB