Game Thread Chapter 2 (Group A): Haven - Page 18 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Broken Isles > Closed Chapters
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #256  
Old 04-11-2020, 02:16 PM
SalmonMax's Avatar
SalmonMax SalmonMax is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3131
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Posts: 1,588
Pet rock
right-aligned image
If Maighan had hoped to get some reaction from the floating stone, she was disappointed. It stayed where it was, where it had been for ages she couldn't count, floating serenely and radiating power. But power for what? The Magister had a way of accessing it, but only by destroying it.

"There has to be another way," she murmured. Then Maighan looked at Gilligg. "Hold up on the ritual. If we give this to the Magister, he'll just...grind it up and feed it to people. That can't be what these are FOR. This has been sitting...waiting...all this time for someone to come. Lets work WITH it, not just break it up and kill it."

Last edited by SalmonMax; 04-11-2020 at 02:16 PM.
  #257  
Old 04-11-2020, 03:15 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 2123
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 1,028
Jorge Swensen
left-aligned image



Jorge Swenson
Despite his attempts to center himself, Jorge couldn't help but feel useless. They were so close to finishing the mission, and he had no idea how he could help besides being ready for an enemy to fight. The center kept slipping away from him, and as it did so, his patience slipped away, too.

"Thorgrim?," he called. "Anything in that room?"

 



 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #258  
Old 04-14-2020, 10:18 AM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is offline
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3880
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,495
The Anvil
right-aligned image


The dwarf carefully memorized the words he could parse and let the book be as he didn't want to risk destroying the one scrap of info they had found in this place. He returned to the main chamber and looked to the others. "I think I found a journal inside the antechamber. It spoke of the Cataclysm, how their patron god went silent, and how much food stores they had. Some of the page was illegible but the final bits focused on the crystal itself. How it grew and the people had begun to believe it held divine power." Thorgrim went silent for a few moments as he stared at the shifting colors.

He snapped out of it and then looked to the group. "If we are going to do this, we need to do this fast. No more delays." Moving towards the exit door and readying himself for any possible confrontation, Thorgrim silently held doubts about his own beliefs.

OOC
Action:
Free Action (If necessary):
Bonus Action (If applicable): N/A
Movement:
Persistent Effects:


 


Floating D20
Dice Floating D20:
d20 16



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus

Last edited by Anea; 04-14-2020 at 10:19 AM.
  #259  
Old 04-14-2020, 11:27 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 7942
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 3,778
Nudge, nudgeGillig listened intently as Thorgrim relayed what he had read from the journal, fascinated to hear any account from before the Breaking. Suddenly, he looked up, an idea clearly coming into mind.

"Wait, I have an idea. I remember when the Magister was explaining the differences in magic, he also spoke of divine magic, and how it was granted by the gods, who in turn got their power from belief. In essence, prayer. "

His eyes drifted over to the curved benches surrounding the hovering crystal. "Think it's worth a shot?"
__________________
GM Updates Currently on - Broken Isles: Saturdays | Wylde Wood: Mondays | East of the Misty Mountain: Sundays | Blood & Tears: Fridays | Fate of the Fallen: Tuesdays

Star Traveler - Applications Open
  #260  
Old 04-14-2020, 11:46 AM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 2123
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 1,028
Jorge Swensen
left-aligned image
"Do you think we should pray to the crystal somehow? What do we even do to pray? My grandmother still prayed to the gods, but I don't even remember the words. I just remember her bending her head and doing things with her hands."

 



 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #261  
Old 04-17-2020, 04:21 PM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is offline
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3880
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,495
The Anvil
right-aligned image


Thorgrim snorted heavily before hawking a loogie at the dusty ground. "Forget that nonsense. Just get to work before more spiders or worse show up."

OOC
Action:
Free Action (If necessary):
Bonus Action (If applicable): N/A
Movement:
Persistent Effects:


 


Floating D20
Dice Floating D20:
d20 18



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus
  #262  
Old 04-19-2020, 09:21 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 7942
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 3,778
What to do...Some time passes with those in the room with the crystal, though nothing changes. If additional dangers yet lurk the halls of the ancient temple, they have yet to present themselves.


DM NotesYou are at a point where the next action will be driven by the players. As an alternative, you could always ask Gilligg to return everyone to Haven, though you have not yet discovered the source of the energy the Magister was looking for.
__________________
GM Updates Currently on - Broken Isles: Saturdays | Wylde Wood: Mondays | East of the Misty Mountain: Sundays | Blood & Tears: Fridays | Fate of the Fallen: Tuesdays

Star Traveler - Applications Open
  #263  
Old 04-20-2020, 12:08 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 7942
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 3,778


__________________
GM Updates Currently on - Broken Isles: Saturdays | Wylde Wood: Mondays | East of the Misty Mountain: Sundays | Blood & Tears: Fridays | Fate of the Fallen: Tuesdays

Star Traveler - Applications Open
  #264  
Old 04-20-2020, 07:01 PM
SalmonMax's Avatar
SalmonMax SalmonMax is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3131
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Posts: 1,588
Maighan
right-aligned image
Maighan gasps as the vision cascades behind her eyes. She can barely make sense of it, but one thing does stand out. These others, these ancients, had been doing something with the crystal. And if that had truly been a scene from before the shattering, then...

There was no way to know what would happen. She'd just have to try.

She backed away a step from the crystal and lowered herself to her knees, imitating the posture of the robed figures she'd glimpsed. Then Maighan pressed her hands together as they had, and started to repeat their words, as closely as she could...hoping beyond hope that whatever dormant power slept within this crystal could be awakened.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 04-20-2020 at 07:02 PM.
  #265  
Old 04-20-2020, 08:43 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 2123
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 1,028
Jorge Swensen
left-aligned image
Jorge began to calm his mind again and center himself to the eight directions. Then it was if a light or a sound or something cold invaded his consciousness, and he was transported. A vision showed him ... ancients? Ancients kneeling before the stone benches, praying like his grandmother used to before her small, bedside shrine? Just as suddenly, he came back to the now and his knees buckled. He would have fallen if he hadn't been holding his spear like a staff.

As he looked around the room, he saw Maighan before one of the benches, praying as the people in his vision had been. Did she see it too?, he thought, Or does she know something else I don't? Rather than question further, he imitated Maighan and the people in the vision, kneeling before another bench and praying fervently in the words his grandmother taught him as a small boy, "I beseech thee, gods of my ancestors, show me thy will ..."

 



 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; 04-20-2020 at 08:44 PM.
  #266  
Old 04-22-2020, 05:51 PM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is offline
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3880
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,495
The Anvil
right-aligned image


Thorgrim was stunned as images flowed into his mind of people praying as the ground around them shook with fury. He snorted and shook his head in an attempt to dispel the images from his sight to see a few of his companions now doing the same motions and actions as the fools that had appeared before him. "What's this then? Given up on sanity while you pray to a rock? I am not a smart dwarf in the slightest, but we have no idea what that thing is. You do as you wish, but I refuse to bow to flashes of terror brought on by a light show." The fighter crossed his arms and walked over to lean against the wall with a scowl on his face. If this is the power the Magister wants, I will get it for him. Doesn't mean I have to drop to my knees and sully my dignity to do so....

OOC
Action:
Free Action (If necessary):
Bonus Action (If applicable): N/A
Movement:
Persistent Effects:


 


Floating D20
Dice Floating D20:
d20 6



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus
  #267  
Old 04-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 7942
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 3,778
Justinia
right-aligned image
Maighan kneels before the hovering crystal and tried to replicate those she saw in her vision. She was not sure of what to say or think, but for some reason felt comfortable in doing so. Silently, she began to pray, speaking from her heart of her fears and hopes, baring all.

The faintest of cracks appeared across the surface of the shimmering crystal, barely even perceptible among its fluctuating color.

Jorge also knelt near Maighan, wondering if the same vision had prompted her actions as well. As before, his heart began to silently open almost as though something were pulling the pain from him, demanding his honesty and self reflection.

The cracks along the crystal widened, shafts of silvery light shining forth. A moment later there is a loud 'crack' and the crystal explodes into countless shards. These stop midair and remain frozen for a minute before gradually disappearing into nothingness. Thorgrim turns back to the crystal, eyes wide in surprise.

Floating where the crystal was but a moment ago is now a young woman. She appears human with long flaxen hair that runs down toward the small of her back. She wears nothing but a diaphanous robe, her body itself appears to give off a faint light and small motes swirl around her as she floats in the air.

You cannot explain it, but you are all filled with an overwhelming feeling of peace and euphoria, as if your emotions are being overwhelmed to the point of bursting.

Her eyes open, revealing dark irises, and she slowly descends to the floor, her bare feet standing on the cold stone.

"Thank you mortals, for freeing me from this prison. It has been a painful existence watching this world fall into chaos and being able to do nothing about it. I have waned in my isolation, the faithful nearly nonexistent. Tell me, do you even know who I am?"

Her voice is like the loveliest music you have ever, effortlessly melodious as it fills your hearts with joy simply to hear it. Before anyone had a chance to reply, she continued. "I have been called by many names, but you may call me Justinia. Once, I was the goddess of wisdom. Now, I do not know what I am. What divinity I have left, however, will not be squandered. This world must be cleansed, purged of the darkness that has clenched it in its grasp. My power is limited. I will need allies to bring light back into this world and show the people that the gods have not forsaken them."

She looked away suddenly as though distracted by something, before returning her gaze back to those before her. "I know you must have questions, but our time is limited. Ask what you will."

Last edited by Silent Rain; 04-23-2020 at 11:59 AM.
  #268  
Old 04-23-2020, 02:13 AM
SalmonMax's Avatar
SalmonMax SalmonMax is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3131
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Posts: 1,588
Maighan
right-aligned image
Maighan squeaks in startled alarm and falls over backwards onto her rear. She almost immediately calms though, as the soothing aura of the...woman? goddess? spirit?...falls over her.

Was this the power her parents had spoke of? The power that slept in the earth? They'd always made it sound more like spirits of the elements, and of life and death...but who knew, really?

"I'm...I'm Maighan," she stammered. "I want to help. I don't know if the world can be healed, but I want to try! I don't know much about gods, but...I'll learn, if that's what I have to do." The archer paused, then added, "Are there gods in all of the crystals? The ones that hold up the pieces of the world?"

Because if so, I have some bad news for you... She couldn't bring herself to say the last, but the image of apprentice mages guzzling elixir made from ground up...god rocks?...stuck in her head.
  #269  
Old 04-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 2123
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 1,028
Jorge Swensen
left-aligned image



Jorge Swenson
Jorge was stunned at seeing Justinia, a goddess and so beautiful, too. It's a good thing Maighan addressed the goddess, for he was truly speechless. He was sure anything he tried to say would have sounded foolish.

 



 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #270  
Old 04-23-2020, 06:50 PM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is offline
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 3880
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,495
The Anvil
right-aligned image


Thorgrim's jaw hung agape as if he had been struck dumb for in truth he basically had been. Moments before he had derided the existence of gods and beings of divine power as myths of their ancestors. Guilt and humiliation threatened to overwhelm his ego. He almost dropped to his knees to grovel at the woman's feet for forgiveness but some rational and irascible portion of his dwarven mind rebelled. The internal struggle played out on the smith's face like a small play, confusion blending into anger before swapping to remorse in the blink of an eye. It took a few moments to settle his nerves and try to adopt as neutral a face as he steeled his heart.

"Forgive my bluntness, Lady Justinia, but I must confess that most of us here would have zero knowledge of you. I was not alive when the breaking of the world occurred, but my parents were. They rarely spoke of the gods they knew in kind terms." He looked down and shuffled his feet a bit before he sheepishly looked the glowing woman in the eyes. "Speaking of kindness, I hope you are not angry at my earlier comments. Going a century and a half without any sign of a god could make you wonder at their existence."

OOC
Action:
Free Action (If necessary):
Bonus Action (If applicable): N/A
Movement:
Persistent Effects:


 


Floating D20
Dice Floating D20:
d20 5



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB