Pokemon Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventures - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 2 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Apr 25th, 2020, 05:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 737
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventures

Always Recruiting

Game NamePokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventures

Game SystemPokerole Project’s Pokemon The Role Playing Game Mystery Dungeon Module

Flavour Ligthearted adventures, dungeon crawling, player driven and roleplay focused. Combat existent, depending on player input

Plot SummaryLegends say that when a calamity is upon us, foreign pokemon will suddenly appear, some claiming to have no memories of their past, or in the worst of cases, to have once been human.

This word.
“Human”
It echoes to some pokemon when they hear it.
Others dismiss it, as they think it is merely a mention of ancient creatures that have long left this place.
Even when Lore Masters are asked about them, they can gather but small amounts of information about these individuals.
Whether these tellings about Humans and how they tend to arrive to save the Pokemon World are real or not, they don’t affect you that much. After all, you’re just a pokemon that is trying to get by.

You’ve been living in Las Estrellas Town all your life, or you moved in recently.
Maybe you already enlisted in the Guild, and often go exploring these Mystery Dungeons for resources. As you know by now, these Dungeons receive their name from the fact that each time you enter, their layout is different, making it impossible to make a chart of the place.
Things like food and valuables are commonly searched by adventurers that dare enter, making these Dungeons quite popular
Or Perhaps, you’re just a villager, working as a salesperson, a baker, an artist. Whatever your calling was, you decided to settle in this small town.

While peace is relatively persistent, no day is ever dull in this town.

Character Creation and ApplicationAvailable Pokemon: Baby and First Stage Evolution (Any Pokemon with the Starter Option icon is allowed)
Stats: Base Stats depending on the pokemon, +2 points to spend
HP: (Pokemon’s Base HP + Vitality)
Will Points: (Insight+2)
Skill Points: 5 (Normal Rank only allows 1 point limit per skill)

Note: Logic, Instinct, and Primal State won’t take play in the campaign.

Name:
Specie:
Ability:
Nature:
Story:
(If you decide your character was a human that was turned into a pokemon, please give a brief story of what was their life as a human. Roll a 1d6 too, please. This’ll determine how much of your human life you’re able to remember.)

Questions to answer:
-What’s your Occupation?
-What’s your goal in the Pokemon World?
-If you’re already a member of the guild, why did you decide to join? If not, would you like to join? Why or why not?
-How are you going to contribute to make this world better?

Filled in ExampleIt’s not needed for you to draw your pokemon, though I do encourage it.

Factions
-The Walkers: Elite Pokemon. It is said they fight the mightiest foes and protect this world. Rare to see one in action, many believe they are just a legend, and their tales were just made up to tell bedtime stories to little pokemon.

-The Adventurers: The Guild and its members. They are the main pokemon to explore the newly emerged Mystery Dungeons. Their base is situated in the middle of Las Estrellas Town. They take all sort of jobs from citizens and foreigners, from rescues to securing trade routes.
You need anything, they have a way to provide it.

-The Hoods: Rogues who tend to steal from those in power, to give it to the less fortunate pokemon.
Usually kindhearted, but they do not enjoy the company of anyone in a position of power. They like money, and can be sometimes tempted by greed.

-The Guardians: Tough pokemon hired to keep the peace by an unknown organization. Many fear them, as they tend to be relentless when applying the law.

-The Renegades: Many are travelers and work alone. They say they are deserters from The Walkers Faction. While not evildoers, they tend to only seek individual satisfaction.

-The Citizens: The commonfolk. They are humble pokemon that usually work in farms and other basic jobs. They tend to be peaceful and fragile. Fighting is not usually in their mind.

-The Troopers: They go around the world challenging other pokemon in duels. Should you prove to be strong, they might find you worthy and wish to recruit you. They do not have any tolerance for the weak willed.

-The Rascals: The pokemon that live in the Mystery Dungeons. They tend to be quite territorial and will most likely attack others that aren’t part of their family or pack.

-[REDACTED]: There is no 9th Faction. What are you talking about?

Note: At the start of your adventure, you may only belong to The Adventurers and/or The Citizens. The option to join another faction may come from how your pokemon character interacts with the world.

DMHeya, my name is Dechado!
For the curious, it means “Paragon” in Spanish. Don’t worry, it’s meant to be ironic, I am anything but exemplary. :’D

Recently became invested in Dungeons and Dragons. I’m a nervous wreck, and do not trust my spoken English, so Play by Post is my preferred way of doing things. Adding to that, many of the people I have played with, have different timezones, so it was really difficult to synchronize

My first time being a Game Master was within RPG Crossing, temporarily helping around The City of Endless Arenas.
So in a way, I am an amateur when it comes to taking the role of the Story Teller; As this will be my first time doing a campaign!
I’m very excited, and I hope you’ll enjoy what I have to offer.

With that said, don’t be afraid to contact me should you wish something to be changed, added, or removed before/during the course of the play. Be it my narrating style, or something about the game that just didn’t resonate with you.
There will, of course, be times where I’ll have to say No, but I am sure most of the time we’ll be able to reach consensus.
My DMs are always open should you need to contact me!

Remember this is a learning experience for both you and I.
Thank you for the patience! <3
~Decha

OtherPlayers: I’m looking for a group of 3 to 5 players. Depending on the interest, I’ll be willing to DM two different groups. Considering this is PbP, I am sure I can juggle more than one game “session” at the same time.
I do not wish to bite more than I can chew, as this is my first campaign. If interest arises, Co-DMs are welcome to apply
Posting Rate: You can expect me to post once or twice every two days. I do not expect the same from the players, but as long as you can post at least once every week, it should be fine. If you need more time, either PM me, or use the OoC thread to keep everyone notified. Communication is key, remember.
Sources: Any Pokemon from any published generation is welcome. Fakemons will not be accepted, unfortunately. However, you’re able to create your own Mega Evolution.
Deadline: As soon as I gather 3 to 5 players. This is still in the Interest Check phase. And if it all goes well, I’d like to keep it as a Continuous Recruitment game. Tentative May 15th. Thank you so much for the interest, you guys! <3 Open for Continuous Recruitment!

FAQWill be updated as new questions arise

PlayerCharacterPokemon
Homestarbaby Cuddles Mankey
briar Jeepers Misdreavus
Boltz Skipper Mudkip
Small Cabbage Turtwig
PalladiaMors Romeo Skitty

Last edited by Dechado; Apr 30th, 2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 04:52 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4418
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Awesome! I will get to work on my app.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 09:53 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2792
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
I never actually played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but...could be fun! I'll give it a shot! App incoming!

Jeepers the Misdreavus
right-aligned image
Name: Jeepers
Species: #200 Misdreavus
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
Story: Jeepers isn't really sure where she came from. One day she woke up and had this terribly insistent urge to cause an uproar, and has been spreading her whimsy ever since.
Concept: A pesky, playful poltergeist with a penchant for promoting pandemonium and panic. Pleased to provoke you!

"Pandemonium" by Dunderpatrullen

-What’s your Occupation?

Professional Provocateur and Prolific Prankster!

Simply put, Jeepers wishes only to spread her mayhem, and she isn't all that picky about who she targets, so long as she can get a reaction out of them.

-If you’re already a member of the guild, why did you decide to join? If not, would you like to join? Why or why not?

Jeepers is a rather unwitting member of Adventurer's Guild, though certainly not by choice. Rather, she was made to join as punishment for going a bit overboard with some of her more well-known escapades. Now and then, she escapes the clutches of the Guild to go on a practical-joking-spree around town, but that's rare. Most of the time she is content with just scaring the daylights out of whatever poor soul is unlucky enough to be saddled with her.

That all being said, she's actually quite good-natured, and moreover, a reliable team-mate, if a bit unusual.

-How are you going to contribute to making this world better?

Jeepers does not concern herself with such things normally. Her 'philosophy' is that everyone needs a little fear and excitement in their lives in order to hone their instincts, so to Jeepers, her antics are serving a purpose. A very necessary purpose! Though let's be honest, she's mostly doing it for a good laugh.

Last edited by briar; Apr 27th, 2020 at 01:58 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 01:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome both of you!

@briar OH NO SHE'S ADORABLE. ;A;
A little bit of excitement never hurt anyone indeed
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 01:59 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Glad you think so! I'm still studying up on the rules, but I should have her finished and ready to go shortly.
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 02:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2971
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Mudkip was the first pokemon that I played a mystery dungeon with so it's rather special.

Also, I totally did not steal Briar's app format.

Wait... Dechado means paragon? Why dont i know this my native language is spanish
Skipper the Mudkip
right-aligned image
Name: Skipper
Species: #258 Mudkip
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Hardy
Story: Adopted child of a Torkoal that takes care of a hot springs admiring all of the stories told by his father he is rather tired of simply taking care of the spring skipper is feeling the need for adventure.
Concept: A kind and curious mudkip in search of the secrets of every aquatic mass of water in the pokemon world.

Willing to help some people and follow his dreams he joins the guild in search of legendary pokemon

-What’s your Occupation?

A pokemon hot springs attendant

Find the maker of seas Kyogre!!!

I just joined recently grew with dad telling me all kinds of stories and legends from the seas, lakes, and water pokemon.

Water pokemon are really cooooool and I can't believe that there is a pokemon that can control the seas I'VE GOT TO MEET HIM

Well, being part of the guild also means helping people so I can run an errand or two seeing their happy faces is a good reward so I don't mind helping once in a while.

Last edited by Boltz; Apr 27th, 2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 03:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Boltz Bienvenido, friend! Skipper sounds so cute! I have a soft spot for adopted children! ;A;

Es una palabra algo oculta, dechado. La única razón por la que conozco de ella es por Mass Effect y su moralidad de Renegade/Paragon. xD
Un dia tuve suficiente curiosidad como para buscar cual era la traducción de Paragon en Español jeje!
[Bit of a hidden word, "dechado". The only reason I know about it is Mass Effect's morality of Renegade/Paragon. xD
One day I was curious enough and went to find out what the translation for Paragon in Spanish was hehe!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
Glad you think so! I'm still studying up on the rules, but I should have her finished and ready to go shortly.
Lemme know if you need help with anything!

Last edited by Dechado; Apr 27th, 2020 at 03:13 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 03:28 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Heeey Bolt! Another Pokemon game together! Good to see you!~
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
I actually did totally steal briar's application format. Is that bad?

Cuddles the Mankey
right-aligned image
Name: Cuddles
Species: #56 Mankey
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Gentle

Story: Cuddles tried to be a part of the adventuring guild, but he lost his temper about 5 too many times and was told to come back when he had worked out his issues. A Smeargle helped Cuddles discover the joys of painting, giving Cuddles a creative outlet to express his emotions. So long as everyone likes his work, he is happy and others should be too!

Concept: Cuddles is trying to be a calm, peaceful, happy, and encouraging pokémon. He loves drawing and painting, and he thinks that he is far better at anger management than he actually is.

-What’s your Occupation?

I run a small art studio.Mankey key man mankey.

I want everyone to find that one gift they can express that makes them happy and able to control their anger.Mankey...key key KEY!

I am a citizen now, not a member. I was very bad at adventuring when I was always losing my temper, but now that I can better manage my anger I really hope to try adventuring again.Mankey mankey. Mankey man mankey key key.

Art really helped me be a better me, and while I love sharing my art with others what I really want to do is help pokémon find their happy place like I found mine, even if it is not art.Ma

I will talk normal in the actual game, since pokemon can understand each other just fine.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Apr 28th, 2020 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Added quote color
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Homestarbaby Angry artist baby! Cuddles is a great name for him <3

All three of you picked pokemon starting with M, I don't know if that was planned or not but I find it amusing to no end hehehe
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
I honestly had not noticed. How delightful.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Apr 27th, 2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2020, 03:09 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Team M-Possible!
Old Apr 28th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 345
Small Small Small Small
This sounds fun!! I will be working on my app as well
Old Apr 28th, 2020, 02:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 345
Small Small Small Small
Please excuse the quick drawing! I'd be open to any changes to my goal or other details depending on what the campaign is.

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Cabbage

Species: Turtwig

Ability: Overgrow

Nature: Relaxed

Story: Cabbage has lived in Las Estrellas Town all her life. She helped her family on the tea plantation from a young age and learned to brew the stuff as soon as she was old enough. She still lives with her grandparents and doesn't know many pokemon her own age, so finally decided to leave the nest and do something for herself.

Concept: Cabbage is a laid back pokemon who loves nothing better than a warm cup of tea and a good book. She can be overly motherly despite not being a parent, and is very protective of her home town and community. She carries her grandfather's favourite teacup around her neck.

What's your occupation?: Tea maker

What's your goal in the Pokemon World?: To keep the peace and stop anything from disturbing our town

If you’re already a member of the guild, why did you decide to join? If not, would you like to join? Why or why not?: I love my town and it's important to give something back now that I am able. Plus, tea is best shared with an adventurous company! I want to meet some new pokemon.

How are you going to contribute to making this world better?: I hope to be a calming influence on the world, I will protect those that need it and defend our peaceful way of life

Old Apr 28th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Oh goodness, Cabbage looks adorable, I really like your drawing of her! <33

Good to have you!