Game Thread When the gods began creating the heavens and the earth... - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > [bb]Dawn of Worlds[/bb]
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 02:58 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4630
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
CommandSeven siblings emerged from the Chaos, seven sparks with the power to create and shape everything according to their essence. The First had observed them in order to understand their and its nature.

From Chaos the Great Mother and the Great Devourer Seven came forth.
First came Will and Order with the desire to unite and perfect.
Second came Potential and Wonder with the desire to question and surprise.
Third came Freedom and Movement with the desire to unbound and invigorate.
Fourth came Darkness and Silence with the desire to hide and calm.
Fifth came Meaning and Eternity with the desire to embrace and transform.
Sixth came Perception and Illusion with the desire to motivate and confuse.
Seventh came Life and Diversity with the desire to create and populate.
As so the Seven took the place of the One and the cycle begun.

For one thousand years, a day and a night in the world of the Seven, the First had watched its willful siblings change the world according to their ideas. Hurricanes and fog, sunshine and rain, mountains and forests, grasslands and marshes, plains and deserts, creatures of flesh to house the essence of a god. God, yes. That is what I am. That is what all of Us are. Pleased with this realization, the First pondered how it too would leave its mark upon this newborn world. It cared nothing for mountains and rivers, plains and forests, lakes and seas, neither sought it to play with wind and wave, fog and cloud. My creation must be unique, though the Others will soon seek to imitate it, and so They should. A creation that defies the lesser laws of the world and proves My power to all who are now and in the future. A creation combining the four primal elements trapped within this world in a manner that has never before existed.

Finally having a worthy goal to pursue, the First grabbed the howling Wind created by the Third and sought to impose its Will upon this wild, disobedient being. "Relent!", he called and the writhing snake in its hands calmed down and did as was told. Then it approached the Mountain range created by the Fifth and planted the wind beneath it. "Shatter!", shouted the First and it saw the sturdy mountains and the immovable ground break and leave behind a huge crater, the many pieces of earth forming everything from rocks to mountains held aloft by the force of the wind that held them in its grasp. "Flow!", it spoke and all manner of rivers and lakes formed on the flying hills and mountains, countless streams of water falling down and filling the crater beneath them. "Burn!", it commanded and the fire from the depths of the world erupted and sought to devour the falling water, giving birth to eternal, thick fog.

The First saw what it had created and was pleased. "Perfect Balance of the Elements as they are locked in Eternal Conflict. This is the true work of a god. It Exists because I will it. It Endures because I Command it. What I have started, You shall finish. We, the Seven, are Masters of this World. We Are, We Grow, We Create, We Control, We Perfect."

Having shown its siblings the Way, the First grew silent once more.

OOC actionsDomains: Command
Power points: 10
Power used: „Event“
Area affected: I5
Points used: 10
Remaining points: 0
Effect: Creation of flying „islands“ with waterfalls as well as a sea of fire beneath them.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2307
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
SorceryFrom the high perch of the Sunpeak, the Secondborn observed what the other gods did and found it all very interesting indeed. The creation of beings that merged flesh and divinity. Molding and shaping the land. And of course...the Elder, emerging from its long silence to throw its weight around and then immediately vanish again.

Had the Second eyes, they would have rolled.

But...it had to admit, there WAS something to that general idea. Why not make something that was special to itself? The mountain was one such thing. To see all, to understand all. But there was more that it wanted to be. It wished for there to be no power beyond its reach. There were hidden currents in the world, patterns to the movements of the stars drifting lazily in the Void, energies too subtle to see but that could be inferred by minute effects on other things.

We are born of Chaos, and through Chaos we work our wills each according to our natures, it concluded. And yet, by harnessing these energies of the world...the bedrock forces that gave it structure and Order...would it not be possible to reach outside one's own nature and summon Chaos, in measured dose and carefully controlled purpose, to work one's will?

The Second thought such a thing could be done. First it needed to know more.

It sent a thought of itself down through the Sunpeak, racing through the stone to the place it rose out of the earth. Littering the ground were pieces of the mountain that had broken and shattered after having brushed the Void beyond. Chaos seethed in them now, and the Secondborn considered this even as it sank into the loose soil and deeper into the crust. It would deal with those soon.

For now, it had explored the mysteries of the sky and surface, it was time to see the hidden world beneath.

In the deep furnaces of the earth the Second witnessed titanic forces at play. Oceans of liquid rock churning with tides no mortal would ever see. The grinding of stone against stone in slow but inexorable collision, the unthinkable pressures of which made rock into something glassy and hard. Endless caverns and tunnels, carved by earthquake and lava and other things besides that looped in a maze that would give even a god a headache to try to follow for long.

This too was part of the Order of the world. This too could be a tool not just to ward Chaos away, but to leash it, and compel it.

It took one of the pieces of deep glass with it back to the heights. Such a curious material. Exposed to the sun it glittered and broke the light into a thousand colors.

And that's when the Second knew what its project would be. It would take care though. It would plan. It would make its creation perfect; something to endure all the ages of the world. To inspire, and to be a constant reminder of its own nature...and of the nature of the world that it apprehended. Wrought from the very bowels of the world, yet able to reach to the very edge of Chaos above. Born from that which would never see the light, yet reaching its most beautiful when light struck it. Inspired in part by some of the things its siblings had made, but beautiful in aspect, and terrible in wrath. Brilliant both figuratively and literally, ready to learn and consider all the secrets of Order and Chaos.

Long work done, the Second gazed down from the Sunpeak and felt a stab of displeasure. There was so little to see now on the earth below. And the fast winds and storms were starting to spread close enough that the clouds of it would obscure the land.

So, still conserving power for its magnum opus, the god reached down into the soil and called upon the lesser spirits of the earth to move among the dust and grit and create the seeds of growth. Lending its powers to theirs, carpets of green began to spread, and over them canopies of trees.

Across the bay the Second then stretched forth to calm the winds and hold the storms away. What its sibling the Wind did over most of the world was its own business, but here, near the Sunpeak, there would be more clear days than cloudy, so as to give the best possible view from above.

OOC
Domains: Sorcery
Power points: 14
Power used: Shape Land, Shape Climate
Area affected: E5 and E4
Points used: 3 and 2
Remaining points: 9
Effect: Creating forested area through E5 all around the base of the mountain, and through most of the area. Removing the 'stormy' area in E4

Last edited by SalmonMax; 04-28-2020 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 576
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
1st Age, Year 2000Chaos saw the hurricanes diminished in the southern reaches of the sea and so extended it C2northward. It decided to make some of the land even more inhospitable and so created the first I3 & I4dessert. Chaos waited to see what the interlopers would do in the third millennium.

Map 1/1000

Last edited by MarsComulus; 04-29-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:00 AM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11019
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Air
left-aligned image
Air delighted in its fellows revelry. The world was beautiful, at least it was starting to be. But there was some other force here, gleefully tugging at corners of their design, extending and thwarting plans as it saw fit. Air paused in its freewheeling ecstacy and considered its thoughts. Is it possible this force will work counter-intuitively to our designs here? Sow havoc and chaos throughout the eons as we watch it send our fledgling creations hurtling into the void? Flickering back and forth, the agile god weighed it options even as it viewed its fellow gods creations with awe.

Creatures, hideous visages of the gods that created them began springing up. First was most typical, Fertility propagating its abundant sparks and creating... A what? Baffling rolls of of skin barely covered by random hairs. Air shuddered, a ghastly countenance for such a god could only have come from a perverted mind, devoid of all sense. Second was the trickiest of its brothers, some snapping monstrosity that looked like it should have been settling at the bottom of a silt pond. Who was to say all the young gods had the same intentions here? Perhaps there were some that did not wish for the same things as Air, a concept it had hardly considered to this point.

The First spark startled Air out of its musings, releasing a burst of energy to destroy one of its brother's creation. "Hah! Perfectly timed, direct destruction of Time itself's beautiful creation. Only it would know of our destiny-could it be to constantly bicker and fight through the ages? ...But wait, what is this that has been Commanded? Air struck out to view the damage and... marvelled...

"Home..."

The words escaped sooner than Air could think. Erratically flying over the towering islands, Air rejoiced in the combination that Command had wrought. Tossing and turning in the air, the potent spark barely knew where to begin, but it knew it would begin here. The creation invoked primal desires in the young mind of the god, and the thoughts of the mole-rat and crocodile aspects flew through its mind.

Yes! The time is now!

Wielding its boundless and immeasurable power, Air pulled zephyrs and thermals from around the islands, tugging strands of gales and gaseous vents together and tying them together in intricate knotwork. Growing larger, the puff of imagination started to take shape, coalescing in Air's perfect form. Soon, the spark took to the skies, alongside the God, no... Goddess Sentience was breathed into its alter self, and sentience was born in her. Air basked in her creation, wings outstretched and golden, but her work was not yet done.

"Avatar! Heed my words. Your hard work has only begun, you must turn your attention to your fledgling flock." Air swooped down amongst the islands, twisting and turning. "They will be in need of your help, your power is almost as great as mine; you carry the spark of me inside you. Summon your energies, draw on my strength and pull the strands of reality into new shapes, as yet unseen in this world. Sentience is yours, and mine. Soon we shall share this with the world, and it shall be ours." The Avatar nodded solemnly and begun its arduous task. Sweeping its hands wide, it drew the currents of air into itself. Opening its wings, the Avatar released the energies of the wind, forming shapeless creatures, their outlines shimmering in the clouds for brief moments.

Pleased with her work, Air indulged herself a moment of bliss before setting to work alongside her Avatar, bending the winds to her will.

OOCChanged my turn just to create the Avatar, not worrying about mechanically commanding it just yet.

Domains: Air
Power Points (round 3): 12
Power used: Create Avatar (image in spoiler above).
Area:affected: I5
Points used: 10 (+2 dedicated to race building)
Effect:

Last edited by pianoman90; 04-29-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:02 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
CommandThe First saw Chaos intervene and grew angry. The Mother had no right to come where her Children were. Her Domain was the Beyond, the Emptiness that defied understanding. The Creation of the World was the Destiny of the Seven, their Privilege, their Duty.

"Stay away from the World!", it shouted, and saw the earth tremble and the skies tear when confronted with its Fury. "Everything you Do, I shall Undo, everything you Shape, I shall Shape differently, according to my ideals and my Will."

To prove what it had said was true, the First flew to the eastern part of the desert Chaos had created. "You make the ground barren, I shall make it bloom. You seek to thwart life, I shall advance it. Nothing you have done shall stay as it is." Realizing that the appendages of the avatars its siblings had created could help it achieve what it wanted accomplished, the First willed that it gained Hands. Dipping them in the sea it sprinkled the water over the desert and where a water drop fell, an oasis was formed. Plants grew inside and around the life-giving water and the song of the frogs seemed to mock Chaos for its efforts. The First was pleased, but it still had work to do.

Flying to the north it watched at the hurricanes plaguing the sea. They had the taint of Chaos, lacking the primal majesty of the cyclones created by its sibling, the Third, serving no purpose and obeying no rules. "You plague the air, I shall plague the water. You shape above, I shall shape below. Nothing you have done shall stay as it is." Realizing that the mouths of the avatars its siblings had created could help it achieve what it wanted accomplished, the First willed that it gained a Mouth. With ist gigantic mouth it sucked the many hurricanes and let them escape underwater, forming a gigantic whirlpool that reached all the way to the bottom of the sea. The wind calmed and the roar of the Whirlpool seemed to mock Chaos for its efforts. The First was pleased, and now its work was done.

Surveying the realm once more, it saw that the Third had given life to another avatar and in the process it itself had changed. It was now a She. The First marveled at its Sister and asked itself what it was. Seeing the differences between the two, it decided it was a He. He and She would work together to bring form to what was. His Sister’s child of flesh brought souls to the world, beings of power and intellect, possessing grace and beauty beyond anything the world had already experienced. And yet their forms had no more substance than a whisp of air, their existence spiritual instead of physical. The First approached the Third and smiled at Her. "You took advantage of my Creation and brought to the world perfect beings. In this You please Me. Yet, Your Creation is still incomplete. Your Children lack Substance, but even that is within Our grasp." Turning to face all directions at once, the First called His siblings to participate in their Sister’s Creation. "Siblings, Children of the same Uncaring Mother, Hope of this World, hear my Call! I ask that we grant Our Sister the Power to bring Life to Her Dream. Her race is the perfect race and it shall belong to All of Us. Every One shall give a Part and Shape them in Part. I give of My Power and grant them their Name: Devae, for they are as close to being Divine as mortals will ever be able to." Smiling at His Sister He waited for the rest to follow His example and do the same.

Power points: 6
Power used: „Shape Land“ (I4), „Shape Climate“ (C2), grant 1 power to Air
Area affected: I4, C2
Points used: 3 + 2 + 1 (6)
Effect: Create countless oases in the desert and turning the hurricanes into a gigantic whirlpool.

Last edited by Elanir; 04-30-2020 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:05 PM
The Greatest Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123
DeceptionThey walked the land, side by side, spark and creature, and discussed many plans and ideas to shape the world that was yet to come. They moved south, looking for the coastline, but were startled by the elevated mountains in the sky and, unwilling to participate in the whims of other gods yet, turned eastward and continued their voyage parallel to the shore.

Everywhere they walked, the size of the creature affected the land around them. Her feet sank in the mud and left large footprints that quickly filled with water, leaving pools wherever she trod, spreading the swampland with them. Her tail created a sweeping trough behind them, which brought the lake with them, creating a river that followed them wherever they went. As she breathed, the mist that helped create her poured out of her mouth, saturating the land around them. And thus they spread the Misty Swamp, as they discussed the world to be.

ActionsDomains: Deception
Power Points: 12
Power Used: Shape Land x2; Shape Climate x2
Area Affected: I6, I7
Points Used: 10
Remaining Points: 2
Effect: Turn both squares into a dense marshland with a heavy fog, with a river winding south from H6 about halfway through I6, then turning east and going through I7
Games Playing: Stars Without Numbers: Omega Blue, Dawn of Worlds
Old 04-29-2020, 02:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2307
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
SorceryThe Secondborn watched and learned. It too observed the strange machinations of some godless force upon the land. An interesting conundrum. Chaos within the order, order within the chaos. Dynamism. Such power to be harnessed in the boundary layer between them. The antics of the First sent wry sparks of amusement through it. Chaos could not be conquered, but it could be used...even turned against itself. What else was a god, if not a mote of chaos that wanted order?

In the meantime, the great work progressed. The Second delved into the dark recesses of the earth and plucked forth more and more of the deep glass. On the mountaintop it shaped and polished them into gleaming gems, carefully shaped. Then it assembled them like pieces in a dizzyingly complex puzzle. Slowly it took shape.

A low-slung body similar in many ways to Deception's beast, but more elongated and graceful, with longer legs and a long sinuous neck. Enormous wings of layered crystals that she endowed with bits of Air's storms to give them strength to carry her creation aloft...and allow it to freely come and go from the Sunpeak as it wished. A body that gathered and concentrated the light of the sun above, refracting in colors both visible and invisible through the countless gemlike scales it was made of. A crystalline mind that would breathe in knowledge and grow in the process.

Then, finally, the Secondborn shared with it a touch of Chaos...the potential for change, for growth, for movement. For life.

The creation stirred and uncoiled and peered about, rainbows sparking from its diamond hide, and solar flares burning in its eyes.

"Who are you?" it asked, on perceiving before it a Presence.

I am who made you and made you live, the Second replied delightedly.

The mighty beast considered that, then asked, "Who am I?"

We will spend a long time together learning that, said the Second, but I think I would like to call you Macrisse. What do you think of that?

It rustled its wings, making a clinking noise like many tiny bells, and turned its head back to examine itself closely. Then it nodded. "That...is acceptable. What should I call you?"

The Secondborn considered the question with some surprise. It had never thought about that. Crafting the name Macrisse was a task it had undertaken with the same methodical care it had assembled its body with. It meant things, even if no one and nothing but the Second would ever fully understand all of those meanings.

Did it wish to give itself such a name?

Arcata, it replied. Call me Arcata.

Macrisse bobbed its titanic head in recognition. "I should like to fly now."

Please do. Fly over all this world, see what can be seen, learn what can be learned. We can speak more when you are satisfied.

The diamond dragon leapt from the mountain top, and with the wind stolen from the hurricanes, soared aloft.

As the Second relaxed after that exertion, it idly reached out to spread the forests farther. The green pleased it, as did the growing glow of the life within it. Life was perhaps the purest essence of what it was coming to see as the engine of this world...Chaos harnessed in service to order. Always growing, always moving, changing...but within rules, within limits, with purpose.

Yes. Chaos given purpose. That was the key.

As the canopies spread out, the Second winced as it heard a Call...

"Siblings, Children of the same Uncaring Mother, Hope of this World, hear my Call! I ask that we grant Our Sister the Power to bring Life to Her Dream. Her race is the perfect race and it shall belong to All of Us. Every One shall give a Part and Shape them in Part. I give of My Power and grant them their Name: Devae, for their are as close to being Divine as mortals will ever be able to."

Ahh...interesting indeed. It was a bother, but also an opportunity.

Arcata reached out and touched the knot of power that was taking shape.

To you I give a mind that seeks understanding, and to pass it on to one another. To seek, to find, to master the mysteries of the world and work your will upon it. That is my gift to you.

Exhausted at last, Arcata retired to the mountaintop again, to await its avatar and friend.

OOC
Domains: Sorcery
Power points: 17
Power used: Create Avatar (Macrisse, the Diamond Dragon), Shape Terrain (forest D5, E6), contribute to the race making
Area affected: D5, E6
Points used: 10+6+1
Effect: Create avatar, push forests out farther, contribute to new intelligent race

Last edited by SalmonMax; 04-29-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 284
Garrettq Garrettq Garrettq
RPA few centuries trickled by, and once more dissatisfaction crept over her like an infernal mental itching. It wasn't hunger, the First Flesh did not have such weaknesses, more it was a desire to eat. Or perhaps simple boredom. So without moving the entity began its great consumption, eating mouthful after mouthful of tasteless dirt, but the dissatisfaction only grew. This was not right, eating was supposed to be better then this. So the First Flesh filled the dirt with nutrients, transformed the bland substance into rich black soil, littered with minerals and ores. This was still not right, it was better but it was not what eating should be. The First Flesh thought long of what it wanted, having eaten her way deep underground at this point.

A tube was made, solid and starchy, a plant that would suck all the nutrients from the soil for many feet. It was filling, and it was good. The god enjoyed this, and cared not for the thorny vines that grew from her creation on the surface, covering the earth as far as the eye could see. These vines and the bitter fruit they grew would become the basis for a whole ecosystem of vile, leather skinned beasts, but the First Flesh cared not for this, she was far underground now. It was nice underground, surrounded by the soft black soil.

Dissatisfaction. It was a fraction of what she once felt, but it was still there. This eating was good, but it could be better. Frustrated now, she released her full power, and from her divine will came a great knot of tangled roots in the cavern! Her creation glowed, radiating a soft teal light into the world below, and from the ball shot eight mighty vines, stabbing into the earth and spreading for untold miles in all directions. This was good, this satisfied the First Flesh. It was beautiful, it tasted faintly sweet, and it regenerated whenever a bite was taken. Finally satisfied, she rested on her creation, eating and bathing in its gentle light for five hundred more years.

OOCDomains: Fertility
Power Points: 13
Power used: Shape Earth, Event
Area:affected: C8
Remaining points: 3
Effect:Shape Earth, turned C8 into a monster infested hellscape with a carpet of thorny Vines. Underground was made rich with minerals, ores, and massive nutritious roots.
Event: Created the Everroot, a glowing ball of quickly regenerating, sweet tasting plant matter. It spreads far over the land allowing for creation of small villages and hamlets for a long distance.

Last edited by Garrettq; 04-30-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1894
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
TimeAnother millennia has passed

Thought the fithborn as he thoughts grew more coherent and precise with the passage of every year, it had already bestowed already a name to the different measurements of time, finally hearing more than muffled noises of his siblings and its influence over the world it finally understood that it was a higher being with the mission of shaping and maintaining the order of this world.

Many were his sibling's creations from landscape to hazardous climates, inhospitable places and even some bizarre forms of life but still, it could see that this world was mostly empty and that it was their duty to fill it with life, the lands that already had its blessing spread far and wide as he sped up time for them they could be seen bloom and spring to life.

Devae? he thought such things of flesh were still not prepared for this world but the fifth born was gonna make sure that these lands were ready for them.

OOC actions
Domains: Time
Power points: 15
Power used: Shape land 5
Area affected: G8, H8, and 9 grasslands, H7 and I8 Savanna
Points used: 15
Effect: All of the above and if it's possible filled with animals of all kinds

Co-Dm in the City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)
Just got back to classes so expect a less consistent posting rate
Old 04-29-2020, 05:57 PM
Ackbar's not dead!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5056
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Night
right-aligned image

Having created a nest of darkness that blocked out the daylight, It sank into the fog and found a semblance of the slumber from the oblivion that once was. It dreamed. Not the expansive, unselfed and formless things before. This dreaming encompassed the new existence and all the wondrous ideas Its siblings were pouring out into the wakefulness and the scattering might of the eldest thing before them.

It could see all of these places once. See all of the changes as they occurred. See through prism of potential, the new shapes being formed and how they might be formed otherwise. It saw potential that filled Its darkness with delight it had never imagined. It saw potential so dreadful it was almost roused from the half-sleep. New things, shapes and shapelessness on the land, in the air, in the water, in the stony heart of it all. Eventually even the most-dreadful things It conjured filled it with awe. Even were a second Sun to dance around the rock, pouring an ever-present day into the wakefulness, there would still be darkness. There would be night and slumber and dreams, for this existence was a deep place, and the night can reach so much further than the day.

It laughed, relishing in sudden bursts of joy. It could see all of this from here, half-asleep, with only the barest of effort. On a whim, it tried something new-- to shape the wakefulness from Its rest. With the thinnest sliver of dreaming focus, It willed the land nearest to Its nest to crumble into the water. And so it did. And Its mind laughed in the dreaming realm. And the something of It still in the wakefulness laughed into the air and stone and water.

It rested more fulled into this new dreaming realm, watching the clever care of Its siblings with a half-portion of curiosity and watched the endless threads of possibility slowly stitch together into the reality of the wakefulness.

It wondered at the new creatures being created. At the names being given. Perhaps that would also be delightful. Perhaps... later.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 576
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
1st Age, Year 3000The land was starting to change faster. More order seem to form with every passing year. "Enough!", said Chaos and a plateau rose up from the inner F7sea. Chaos then slumbered.

Map 1/3000

Last edited by MarsComulus; 04-29-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:40 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
CommandThe First’s attention was immediately drawn by the word of power spoken by another: “Arcata“. The Second had chosen a Word to describe its nature, to clothe its essence and grant it substance. Arcata, it mused. The Name describes everything one has to know about my sibling, it grants it Power and Authority. The First grew jealous that he had not thought of finding a Name for himself. He searched within him and found his core: Conviction, Power, Leadership. He was about to call out his True Name and change his nature forever when suddenly he chose not to. He looked at his sibling, the Fifth, diligently shaping the south-eastern corner of the world and realized how Time had affected everything and everyone the moment it was born. It added rigidity and direction and stopped the gods from changing their nature at will. Should the First choose a Name to describe himself, it would eventually prove a burden, drag him down, slow his growth. And the First longed to grow further and evolve into something more. No, the time was not yet right for a Name. The fact that he had been the First to gain consciousness and wake in the Sea of Chaos would have to suffice for now.

Choosing to ignore for now the audacity of Chaos that still sought to shape what was for it forbidden, the First approached the Third and marveled at her beauty, grace and vision. Offering her the spectral hand he had willed into existence hundreds of years ago, his mouth spoke the words that were in his heart. "To your cause I devote myself. Your children shall be my children and one third of their nature will belong to me. Their power of will shall be as vast as the Void and they shall guide the lesser races to perfection. Coupled with their intellect, granted by Arcata, they shall become the greatest among many. Take my hand and receive my gift. Know my essence, Sister, as I come to know yours."

Power points: 10
Power used: Grant the goddess of Air 10 points (for a total of 11 points – one third of the cost) to create the race of Devae, if she will have them.
Area affected: I5
Effect: Contribute to the creation of Devae.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1894
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Time3 millennia had passed since 7 sparks of Order were born from the depths of Chaos.

7 sparks of Order that were born to give a higher meaning to an empty world.

7 spark of Order that is giving purpose to a senseless world.

Every minute that passes is a moment in which these higher beings that had bestowed themselves the name of gods influenced everything around them so it would to their own liking and image, creating anything that would pose a challenge to the emptiness that Chaos had achieved. These gods reveled, enjoyed, and felt satisfied as every single of their commands thoughts and desires passed from shapeless form to the being so lands and beings so close to perfection. The fithborn had only felt the duty of making a hospitable land but his siblings marveled as every creation of theirs was grander than the last, now in this world, the gods were on their biggest project trying to create beings closer to the gods, Devae, they were gonna call them a being with wings that could move in the winds as the gods could. Many were the other sentient creations of the gods, a giant being that shined and reflected light as it soared in the sky and two forms of intelligence that adapted perfectly to their respective environment.

Want and desire started to develop in the fithborn as he felt the need to bestow his a creation of his own making intl this half-empty world a representation of what he truly is, a representation of time, purpose filled its actions as it raised yet another mountain range but this one wasn't simply to fill empty spaces this was his first step of what would be his first masterpiece.

OOC actions
Domains: Time
Power points: 9
Power used: Shape land, Change climate
Area affected: H7
Points used: 5
Remaining points: 4
Effect: Shape the land into a mountain range with mountains of many sizes and there are always clear skies.

Co-Dm in the City of Endless Arenas (Always recruiting)
Just got back to classes so expect a less consistent posting rate
Old 04-30-2020, 06:10 AM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11019
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Air
left-aligned image
The epochs flew by. Millennia passed in the blink of her newly created Avatar's eye. Yet the two of them continued to bend the world's currents to their will. Soon, Command joined them, followed by Sorcery, ensorcelling -and dictating the winds as they merged and twisted into shapes. Boundless shapes for now, but with contributions from Command and Sorcery, Air could feel the power funneling something truly magnificent.

Devae...

The first commanded it, spoke its word and it was... perfect. It spoke of the vastness of the void the Seven were born from and it shouted in the face of Chaos. The diabolic 'Zero spark' was trying to control, but to no avail. The Seven powered on, justifiably intent on shaping this fledgling world to their will and names were beginning to hold true power.

"Mistress... Air's avatar spoke, the powerful creature floating in front of his goddess with an imploring look on his face. "What is my true name? I have my purpose, but must know my name. It will give my purpose meaning, grant power to my meaning and wisdom to my power. It will complete me-I must KNOW!" Blasts of superheated air shot up from the seas of fire underneath the floating islands. Squalls and hurricanes hurried the trio of gods as the distressed Avatar beseeched his goddess for an answer. The goddess turned and berated the Avatar. Gales buffeted the creature and as the Avatar spiraled out of control, he heard the admonishment of his creator. "Be patient, young one... Names are not conjured from the void, they come to us all in time, bestowed by Fate and Destiny, driving us to accomplish greatness. I do not possess a name, yet I do not fear. Our creation that lies before us must consume our desires for now. Let yourself not be distracted from your true cause."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Centuries passed. Air and her Avatar continued their righteous duty, eschewing all others, except those who lent their aid. The First was proving invaluable to the creation of the world's first race, and Air would not forget the immense generosity shown to her. The others, however, were not idle, maintaining their own corners of the world with increasing elegance and skill. Air could not wait until the Devae were free to roam across the world, flitting between every creation and exploring all that has been woven. The Devae continued to take shape, they had bodies now. Air and her Avatar guided all the force they could muster, folding matter over again and experimenting with form. How many arms? Do the legs have fingers? Or toes? Where should the 'elbow' be placed on this race? Choices, choices... Frustrated, Air's arms raised far into the sky and reached out into the cosmos. The goddess pleaded with the stars, searching for meaning amongst the endless nothing. The void called, voiceless yet deafening.

Your name... You must know your name... With it comes the power you seek... Air was taken aback. She appealed once again, provoking the void. "What is it, voice of the deep nothing? What is my name?"

"Yesz'Gaea... Yesz'Gaea..." The name floated on the wind, settling deep in Air's mind and filling the deepest corners of her consciousness and a profound understanding. "Yes... I am Yesz'Gaea!" "Mistress..." The voice of the Avatar floated up from where he was channeling intense power into the Devae. "I know you now. I see you know. You are Yesz'Gaea, Mother to the wind. But who am I?"

Yesz'Gaea turned to her first creation and knew. "Eos'Itra, first of your name. Your power over the air currents of this world are second only to me. Go and wield them anew!" Yesz'Gaea returned her attention to the creation that had already consumed her mind for an eternity. Armed with her name, she felt renewed. Her creations neared their completion, she reveled in the magic of creating life and could hardly wait to see her creatures fly across this world in joyous reverence to Yesz'Gaea for all eternity.

OOCContinue to pour energy into race creation.

Domains: Air
Power Points (round 3): 11 (+11 from Elanir and +1 from SalmonMax)
Power used: Expend all points into race building
Area:affected: I5
Points used: 23
Effect: Race creation (25/33 points invested thus far)
Old 04-30-2020, 09:44 AM
The Greatest Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123 abc123
DeceptionThe spark and the creature continued their voyage, walking alongside the southern shore, talking of many things. Though the terrain may change, they soldiered on, spreading the marsh and the river and the fog as they went. Gradually, the beast grew, just a little bigger every passing year. As it grew heavier, it sank deeper into the mud with every step, and, with the sun coming down as hard as it was, it baked the mud around this creature, gradually building a thick armour that would help protect but hinder movement. And this is why this journey, as all must do, had finally come to an end.

They had reached the south-eastern corner of the world, and were watching the spot the horizon and the water met. The spark was in the middle of a debate with itself about whether they should continue over land or over water when the beast abruptly dropped to the ground, sending shudders out for miles as she began to slowly sink into the muck, a content and pacified look on her face. What was strange, and concerned the spark, was that this was the first time she had lain down since they began walking. In fact, this was the first time they had stopped to rest at all. It paused, and the beast took advantage.

*I am tired. I think I will rest here a while.*

The spark hesitated. "How long is a while?"

The beast thought for a moment before it responded. *Until I am rested, I suppose.*

The spark snorted at the joke. "That does make sense. I'll see you when you awaken, then." And with that, it took off back up the river, filling the land with appropriate animals for the habitat, while the creature began its slumber.

ActionsDomains: Deception
Power Points: 12
Power Used: Shape Land x2; Shape Climate x2
Area Affected: I8, I9
Points Used: 10
Remaining Points: 2
Effect: Extend dense marsh with heavy fog into I8 and I9, with the river curving through and letting out into the sea
Games Playing: Stars Without Numbers: Omega Blue, Dawn of Worlds

Last edited by abc123; 05-01-2020 at 03:58 PM.