Game Thread Dark Alliances - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 05-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 5227
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 1,163
Nicephoros Evangelou
right-aligned image
Run, run, run as fast as you can!, repeated Nic again and again as if his legs needed encouragement to do their job. The fact was that they didn’t and if one wanted to count the instances the young man had used his legs or his brain that evening, the legs would be the undisputed winner. The oracle was just beginning to think that they were in the clear when he felt a sharp pain in his right calf and heard a terrible tearing sound as something sharp had torn his jeans… and the flesh beneath them. Too surprised to suppress a cry of pain, Nic saw himself falling and desperately tried to find something, anything to support him. That something was Isa Li, who was dragged to the ground along with Nic. Oh, no, thought Nic, I’ll never hear the end of it… This was the very last thought that was actually his own.

What is he doing? Having a sudden headache? Panic attack? Is it..the drugs?

Nic felt Isa next to him, even saw her frown and heard her thoughts. But these thoughts were older thoughts, spoken a few minutes back. This is from the time when I attempted to find out about the identity of the one hunting us. I can’t blame her for being annoyed. After all, I accomplished nothing.

Isa moved, another shadow next to her. The older woman, Eva? Both whispered, exchanged secrets?

How close are we to unleashing the Reaper?
Weeks still, but not many. I've got the science down but it still needs refining, and that means simmering in vats until the compounds solidify.

Nic wasn’t sure what this „Reaper“ was, but could not shake off a sudden feeling of dread. Images appeared in his mind, images that offered no real explanation. A chemist’s equipment, vials, tubes, liquids added to a white powdery substance, himself doing drugs, the moment of bliss the narcotics offered, the museum of modern art, the Omphalos stone!

The connection between the vampire and the oracle resembled a taut rope, each one pulling it as hard as they could. Nic suddenly heard the rope‘s twisted threads snapping and then… he found himself lying on top of Isa. With a yelp he frantically attempted to put some distance between himself and the vampire. "You… you are trying to trick me, to harm me! I know it, I have seen it. The Reaper!" Suddenly turning towards the Fae, Nic pleaded with the man. "Earl, let’s leave her! Let’s go away. Just the two of us. Please!"




 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-04-2020, 02:34 PM
kanly's Avatar
kanly kanly is offline
Wayward Zephyr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 4223
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Posts: 4,004
Earl King
right-aligned image
Earl didn't know what was going on between Isa and Nic, but he did know that out in the open in the park wasn't a safe place to be having this discussion. He also realized that since Nic was now bloodied, their original plan of the museum was out of the question. Taunting vampires with a fresh wound was foolish no matter how 'civilized' they pretended to be. Under that thin veneer, raged a hungry beast. For that same reason, he would not be inviting a vampire into his home. Racking his brain for anyplace safe for all of them to go, he finally hit on 'Moonlight'. While he might have some doubts about it's true neutrality, he doubted that anyone would start anything there. So, they should at least be safe there for a few hours while they figured out what exactly was going on.
Hardly missing a beat, Earl reached down and helped both Isa and Nic back to their feet, though he kept himself between to two of them. "Look, I don't know and right now I don't care what is going on between the two of you. All I do know is that we all need to get someplace safe and secure. I want the two of you to promise me that you will do the other no harm for tonight at least. We can sort out the rest later, but right now we have more immediate concerns. So, promise or I will leave you here in the snow to figure your own way out of this mess."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-04-2020, 05:06 PM
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-01-2020
RPXP: 2096
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Posts: 1,421
Isa LiIsa was angry. She kept this hidden as best she could, but that facade had its cracks. The fall, and her pain, coupled with being on edge already (given the hunt earlier) was only amplified when Nic started babbling about Reaper. She was going to harm him, he said, he had seen it. What the hell? How does he know about Reaper? Taht's it, I'm going to kill him! she thought.

The vampire glared at the back of The Oracle's head, as if she was ready to smash it in with her pistol. Now was not the time for her little peon of power to go running his mouth to others. Not here, not now. Her rage was deep and wide enough that she didn't even care about potential witnesses. Consequences to the wind! he was going swimming and not coming back up for air!

But, ever the clever reader of people, Earl stepped in and changed things drastically. He looked at each of them, keenly aware that something was up and either not caring or just not wanting to deal with it right now. Frankly, Isa had to give the Fae credit. It was a brilliant move. Isa maintained her grimace, ostensibly because her side still hurt from the earlier fall and nodded, "I promise I won't harm Nic for tonight only." There was more she wanted to add, things like once this crap is over with, he's fair game and he has no idea what true harm is! Just wait till I get my hands on this foolish mortal!but she did not voice these things. Isa made her promise as exact as she could. Fae were strange that way, and their promises were ironclad. If she was to break the promise, leaving her out in the snow was the least terrible thing Earl would do to her. So, she complied.

As if that wasn't enough, no sooner had she made the promise, her phone buzzed and vibrated in her pocket. Glancing between the two men, while slowly pulling it out, Isa quickly scanned the text from Eva that popped up and drew a look of curiosity and concern on Isa's face. Looking up from her phone, she said, "Eva just texted me. We've been looking at this whole thing all wrong. The people that we thought were our enemies were the ones actually being hunted. Eva is asking for our help." She made a circle with the hand not holding her phone and looked specifically at Nic as she adds, "Apparently, the woman asked for you, not by name just...asked for you to use your gifts to help her find whoever...or whatever is hunting her". Taht was it. All the information Eva had given her. Isa could only hope that Earl's truce would hold long enough for them to battle whatever nightmare awaited them next.

Isa made one last comment on the text, "She wants us to meet her at her warehouse. I know where it is. We'll take.." she paused in fish in her pockets and produced, with a jingle, her key ring; smiling (probably for the first time all night), she said, "My car. I'm driving."

The utter insanity that this night turned out to be clouded Isa's memory enough that she had completely forgotten that she'd actually driven over the bridge along Parkside Avenue and turned, parking in riverfront parking lot much earlier in the day
Now, as she strode confidently towards her car and unlocked it with a beep boop beep. The vampire dropped her keys back into her pocket and , while waiting for Earl and Nic, replied to Eva's text.

>>Understood. We are in route. All of us want to meet your people and learn about the real enemy.<< she paused a moment and before sending it off added >>Two more things. I will need a a knifesteel butterfly and you and I should talk. My seer is lucky he has a Fae, Earla unicorn for a brother-in-law; otherwise your people would be id-ing the body at a later date.<<

this done, she started the car once Earl and Nic had seated themselves inside and made her to Eva's warehouse. This night couldn't get any crazier...could it?

Last edited by Howling Winds of; 05-04-2020 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-05-2020, 06:37 AM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 5227
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 1,163
Nicephoros Evangelou
right-aligned image
Nic thought he had experienced true fear that evening, fleeing from an unknown danger. He was wrong. Seeing the blood in Isa’s eyes, Nic knew that up until this point he had had a pretty good chance at surviving. Now however all that had changed. The vampire could be considering putting an end to him to silence him and she could do it so casually as if reading the newspaper or lighting a cigarette, without the slightest effort. And the worst part was that he was to blame. He, his big mouth and the curse that showed him things he wasn’t supposed to know. His fear, before, had filled his body with energy, the adrenaline flowing in his veins had made him want to run, to hide, to survive. Now the fear brought with it hopelessness and seemed to suck the energy from his limbs. How could I hope to escape Isa if she wants me gone? I stand no chance at all! I would only be secure if someone really powerful would guarantee my safety. Earl?

The young man turned to look at his future brother-in-law and was greeted by a stern look. Yes, the Fae was powerful but Earl had grown tired of saving Nic. He must have been! How could he ever repay all that the man had done for him? Even worse, what would happen if Nic got Earl in trouble as well? The oracle suddenly remembered the terrible vision of Earl’s death. The probability of his dire prophecy being fulfilled seemed higher than ever before. What if Earl decides to defend me and is killed by Isa? How would I be able to explain it to Eleni? How would I face myself in the mirror ever again? No, Earl could not be involved in a deadly hunt between the vampire and the oracle. He had to stay safe and be there for his soon-to-be wife. Perhaps there was another way. If I do these people that need my help a service, perhaps they would keep Isa away from me. It’s worth a chance. I can’t possibly make things any worse, can I?

Seeing that Earl was growing impatient Nic made the same promise Isa had made though with notably less self-assurance. "I… I also promise to… aah… I mean not to harm Isa… tonight." Who an I fooling? Tonight? As if I could harm her tomorrow! Having said what the others expected him to say, Nic followed them, making certain he stayed close to Earl at all times.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-05-2020, 08:19 PM
kanly's Avatar
kanly kanly is offline
Wayward Zephyr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 4223
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Posts: 4,004
Earl King
right-aligned image
Having managed to make peace at least until dawn, Earl nods and moves out of the middle between Isa and Nic. When the vampire moments later shares Eva's text message, Earl rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "That situation was more than just a meet and greet gone wrong. Something's been off all day. Anyway, if they wanted to meet with me or any of my clients, they could have just called, both I and the firm are listed. There is definitely more going on here." Still, his interest was peaked, and so he was willing to be carted off to Eva's warehouse to meet with these folks. Plus, there was no way he was letting Nic deal with them alone.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-07-2020, 01:41 PM
BinnFord's Avatar
BinnFord BinnFord is offline
Rusty Wordsmith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-30-2020
RPXP: 2887
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Posts: 839
HarmThe Spectre was lucky: They knew this, even as they felt the gargoyles' attention slide from their spirit and others take up residence. Harm kept away from the action, attention temporarily drawn to Nic and those who were dragging him off, and fought the instict to follow. Earl and Isa weren't exactly Harm's top choices for assuring Nic's safety but, then again, Harm wasn't a great choice at the moment, either. The Spectre had little desire to manifest in form when a soft touch and a quick whisper could accomplish one and the same.

These are the actions, then, that Harm sunk into. Put a Name to a Face = 10They also knew Anais from frequent trips to Sunny's and lingered to hear the conversation between her and Eva, fingertips lightly grazing the back of the wizard's neck and lips close to her ear; it was a familiar action and one Harm had performed to get Anais's attention on more than one occasion in the loud, smoky bar. They knew where to touch this one without startling.

"I'm also here," said Harm, promise in that statement.
__________________
Integrity has no need of rules.
(Albert Camus)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2020
RPXP: 11022
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 4,030
Beating a hasty retreat; Earl, Isa, NicA right ****ing mess. That's what the escape turns into. Visions and threats and promises. Hasty words. Repercussions smoothed over the way only one of the Faery folk can.

Yet, the escape is ultimately a success for the three are free from pursuit. Free to go their own ways and forget the uncomfortable feeling of watching eyes, the chance encounter with other ‘citizens’ in the park, and a run in with trolls or worse. Until Isa reads the message from Eva.

While walking into an unknown situation is largely something to be avoided in Blackbrooke - or any city, for that matter - there are ways to go about it and ways not to. Having a Vampire, who has just made a promise to a Fae, in tow is one of the better ways to walk into such a situation. If things go to hell, that is a lot of firepower at your back. The fact that Nic has been asked for specifically is somewhat concerning, but also an opportunity. And opportunities are not something to pass up lightly.

So it is that the trio - bonded for the night by a promise - hurries through the cold air toward a car parked nearby. A car driven by a Vampire, taking them to a meeting from which they had just fled…


A snowy park encounter; Eva, Don Tuto, HarmAnais relaxes noticeably with Eva’s words. While not quite complete relief, anyone that has needed a haven in a storm can recognize the response. Then, the bartered deal and Anais actually smiles – a weary gesture, yet a genuine flicker of an old friendship plays in her eyes at the same time. "Done."

Then, a shadow passes over Anais’ features and the smile fades as quickly as it had appeared. "Oh. Hello Harm. Why am I not surprised." Anais may not flinch at the spectre’s touch, but a certain discomfort certainly creeps into her features.

Turning from the spectre’s whisper, Anais looks back toward her contingent. Eva, Don Tuto, and Harm can all see figures materializing from the darkness as they move toward the wounded man. Putting a hand to her lips, Anais lets out a sharp whistle. Then, a few gestures and several figures leap into action. Anais turns back to Eva, "We are ready. The I am thinking that we will call portals differently depending on where they lead: bridges to the Fey realms, gates to the demonic realmsbridge is closed and pursuit is cut off. We follow you, Eva." Anais pauses for a moment, "I would tell you not to follow us, Harm, but it’s not like you would listen."

While Anais is speaking, a lot happens in very short time behind her. Three of the human-sized figures join the kneeling man and the four gently lift the wounded man. Meanwhile another pair of human-sized figures approach each of the towering trolls and, after laying a hand on each, the ten foot behemoths are gone in the blink of an eye. Where they had stood, a human-sized figure now stands.

OOCAnais owes Harm a debt due to BinnFord’s choice from the 10+ Put a Face to a Name; I suggest that Harm got some information for Anais that was really important to her rise through the ranks. She knows she owes the Spectre a debt, but she doesn’t like it at all.


Eva’s WarehouseDriving is a good choice except for the part where Isa, Earl, and Nic arrive and park in an alley behind the old warehouse long before Eva and the other dozen shapes appear from around a corner. Surprisingly, the ten foot tall trolls are Evan, Tuto, and Harm know what happened, but the others didn’t seenot with the group. At least that is a relief.

The walk from the park isn’t terribly far, but it is made significantly more problematic by the snow-covered ground, not to mention the burden of carrying a wounded man. The alley is likewise coated in snow and made more precarious by the compact, slippery swaths carved through it by Isa’s tires.

The cold night air is still and quiet, except for the not too distant sound of voices, when the trio finally exit the vehicle to meet the oncoming band. Isa, Nic, and Earl immediately notice that the majority of the band traipsing toward them are discreetly carrying and their heads are on a swivel. What the hell is going on? Yet, a look from Anais, that is clear even in the shadowy alley, silences any questions. Eva and the woman quickly lead the way inside. Just as the lock clicks open, a not too distant pop! pop! pop! interrupts the voices. Just another night in the warehouse district.

OOCSince this is PCB’s baby, I will leave most of the narrative details up to him as you enter Eva’s Warehouse! Apart from describing your surroundings, however, feel free to post in whatever order you wish.

Note: the only other meaningful NPC here is the wounded man (at this point). Anyone that wishes to Put a Face to a Name can roll with Wild. If you have questions about whether you should roll, feel free to ask


OOC
 

__________________
Status: The new work environment leaves something (like moments of quiet) to be desired
GM: Sky Realm (Fate) | Magic Rising (Fate) | Blackbrooke (PbtA)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age) | Jenny (PbtA) | Moemoe (Fate)

Last edited by Roekahs; 05-08-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-09-2020, 02:42 AM
MarsComulus's Avatar
MarsComulus MarsComulus is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2020
RPXP: 994
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Posts: 871
Don TutoTuto looked at the wounded man and tried to see if he
Dice Put a Face to a Name:
2d6+0 (1, 3)+0 Total = 4
knew him from somewhere but could not place him. Also running through his mind was how easily his new 'team' had abandoned him and Harm. There will be a reckoning for this.

Being outnumbered 7 to 2, discounting the wounded man, was not odds that Tuto liked. But it is what it is. Hopefully, Eva can talk us out of this mess, if it is a mess. Perhaps, we're all neutral- and that'll be fine by me.



 
__________________
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”

Last edited by MarsComulus; 05-09-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-09-2020, 01:01 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 20065
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 5,402
EvaGathered together in the alley, there is a tense moment where Eva is working the key in the lock and she can just imagine how this all goes to hell. She'd made little comment on the way to the warehouse, mostly because she'd caught Anais' statement about the ghost. She can put up with a lot, has had to put up with a lot in her life, but ghosts were never something she liked having around. Things you can't see and can't hear are exactly what nobody needs. Yanking the gate open, she motions everyone to fall in step as she ascends the six steps to the landing, then the six steps to the door. Another jingling of keys and she pushes the fire door in with her shoulder, the metal groaning against the motion. The cold recedes as she enters the office area. Growing up in Cuba gave her a proper appreciation for warmth and she keeps the second flood heated to a comfortably 76 degrees. Stuffing the keys back in her pocket, she motions with a sweep of her arm.

"Make yourselves comfortable. Second floor only. If you contaminate my lab I'll do something we both regret." Moving away from the door to let the group file in, she pops open a mini fridge and pulls out a half dozen cold bottles. Beer, imported. Setting them on a nearby desk, she shrugs toward the others. "Sorry, I wasn't planning to host the entire city today." She motions with a tip of her head to the next room, separated from this one by a long window and a glass-paned door. A couple couches, some recliners, and nothing resembling a theme to the decor. "There is probably some sodas in the fridge there. And I have some basic medical supplies out there, down the hall and to the right." As people find places for themselves, she steps into a corner and motions Isa and Nic over along with Anais.

"Okay, witchy woman. You wanted a seer, I got you a seer. Tell me how we fix this problem."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-01-2020
RPXP: 2096
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Posts: 1,421
Isa LiThe drive to Eva's warehouse is a silent one, as least from Isa's mouth. She's concentrating on the road ahead and not intentionally trying to crash the car, after all. Once they arrive in the familiar alley, Isa begins the ritual of parking anything bigger than a bike in an alley. It takes a few minutes of backing up, rolling forward and turning slightly, but she manages to fit her car into a space between two dumpsters, with just enough room to pull back out again, she thinks. Once parked, she breathes a sigh of relief and just sits in her deat for a moment or two.

Then, she opens her door and exits the vehicle. The sheer size of the oncoming band of people suprises her.
She also notices that most of them, like her, are discretely carry weapons. Eva's friend (the woman she saw earlier) gives her a look that clearly says don't ask so she doesn't. But the feeling of not knowing what's going on is troubling. She also lets it be known, through silent gestures, that she, too, is carrying. All thse gathered are prepared for something to go down, but what and where? The vampire isn't sure.

She follows Eva and Anais up the stairs and into the familiarity of the warm warehouse. The smells of latent chemical fumes, mixed with sweat, and just a hint of cat pee greeted her in the alleyway. As she enters the warehouse proper and surveys the surroundings, Isa thinks not much has changed. Somewhere down in that lab lies The Reaper Eva makes her comment about not venturing downstairs and Isa just nods silently. She has her own reasons for following directions.

Isa takes a moment to look at the injured man, but Put A Face To A Name=4doesn't recognize him. She doesn't ask right away, because perhaps someone else here knows who he is and will clue her in. She glances at Nic and Earl, to see if their expressions change at all if they look at wounded man.]

As she is called over by Eva, Isa grimaces noticeably after turning. She steps over to hear Eva's comment and stands close to her mother. She adds a quiet, "Before we fix this new problem. Explain it first." She gives Anais an expectant look. Eva may have mentioned the wrong enemy, but who, then is their real one? Furthermore, what, exactly, is under threat? Isa grows silent and waits for answers.

Last edited by Howling Winds of; 05-10-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-11-2020, 02:47 PM
kanly's Avatar
kanly kanly is offline
Wayward Zephyr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 4223
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Posts: 4,004
Earl King
right-aligned image
As they make their way up the stairs to Eva's offices, Earl is finally able to get a good look at the wounded man for the first time. To Earl's eyes if no one else's, his clothing and jewelry mark him as a noble Fae, though of the opposing court to Earl. Normally, that would be enough to mark the two as indifferent at best and enemies at worst. However, as the man's pain causes him to twists in his men's arms, his face is fully revealed to a surprised Earl. Prince Iyas Idrissi? He almost said the man's name out loud but looking at his men at arms, quickly thought better of it.
Oh this was not good. Anything that could do this to a Warchief of the Unseelie was not the sort of thing that anyone in their right mind wanted anything to do with. It would seem that his first instinct to just grab Nic and run had been a good one. Still, Earl might be able to turn this to his advantage...
The last time that Earl had seen Prince Iyas had been been at the relinquishing ceremony last fall when the Seelie court had ceded control to their counterpart. Earl had been chosen for the dubious honor of presenting the terms of surrender to the Unseelie court and Iyas had accepted them. Therefore the two were bound to one another.
As soon as they were in the relative security of the building and Eva had finished her obligation as hostess, Earl approached the cluster of bodyguards, however he had eyes only for Prince Iyas. Bowing to the wounded man he says in somewhat stilted and formal speech, "Sir, I'm no doctor, but even I can see that you are gravely injured, and if I am to be frank, perhaps even mortally so. Due to the resonance between the two of us, I might be able to assist, though such magics would leave you tightly bound to me. Would you have me try?"


 

Last edited by kanly; 05-11-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-11-2020, 03:35 PM
BinnFord's Avatar
BinnFord BinnFord is offline
Rusty Wordsmith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-30-2020
RPXP: 2887
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Posts: 839
Just a Little Bit of a BastardMaybe it wasn't the moment to laugh, current company and situation considered, but Harm couldn't help feeling amused by Anais's words and reactions. The chuckle was light, then--airy, breathy, something not entirely silent but perhaps too soft for anyone but the wizardess to pick up.

Then again, perhaps not.

Curiosity piqued and attention earned, the Spectre Put a Name to a Face: 9glanced toward the wounded man and imagined it really must be his lucky night: More faces, more names--there really is some strange advantage to living life unseen. Still, Harm was not without manners and was happy to dole out kindness when necessary, so they lent their strength to supporting the man as he was dragged through the park to wherever Eva believed was safe. Perhaps the two could enjoy a pleasant chat about the weather or, hmm: trolls and gargoyles and wizard, oh my?

Harm would murmur in the man's ear, maybe something like comfort, as they did exactly what Anais expected and followed the women to the warehouse. Imagine their surprise and delight to notice that Nic was also forced to this location--another concern checked off this evening despite the dreaded company.

Still, there were things to take care of--people to place. "Where can he rest?" said the Spectre of the wounded man, abruptly it may appear to the others, since Harm was still a mere voice in the wind. "Couch? Not going to charge for bloodstains, I hope." This might have been a joke. It might not have been. It's hard to read tone when you can't see a face.

Harm liked that just fine.
__________________
Integrity has no need of rules.
(Albert Camus)

Last edited by BinnFord; 05-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2020
RPXP: 11022
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 4,030
Harm remains unnoticed by the men and women carrying the wounded man, their efforts unrecognized. Harm does, however, begin to recognize the wounded man and it suddenly occurs to them that it is likely a good thing that the others don’t know they are there. Touching a wounded Fey Prince would likely be met with an uncomfortable level of attention. Still the spectre can tell that they are easing the weary warriors’ burden some.

At the warehouse Eva leads the way up the stairs. Here Harm must relinquish their aid or risk attention. The advantage, of course, being that they are at the top of the stairs to aid before the others.

What had been a small contingent for a park, suddenly seems like a large gathering in the walled confines of the warehouse. Everyone fits comfortably, though, and the wounded man is rushed toward the couch just as Harm’s voice bursts from nowhere. Though the Fey carrying the body seem surprised, they barely hesitate even as Anais’ voice answers and the wizardess waves a hand dismissively. "The couch is fine. Eva and I will settle up later if needed."

The writhing form of the Prince is laid on the couch and one of the Fey quickly begins barking orders. A moment later two ten-foot trolls stand hunched at each end of the couch, the illusion disappearing as quickly as it had appeared. A pair of the Fey kneel at the wounded man’s side, whispering to each other and laying hands on the man's torso. Another three of the Fey stand wearily nearby, while a pair rush off to rifle through the supplies in the area.

A traitor; Isa, Eva, NicEva retires to a corner, dragging Anais, Nic, and Isa with her.

Anais glances over Eva's shoulder nervously as the two women ask her to explain the problem. Fortunately, chaos still reigns. "Which f***ing problem?!" Anais hisses at Eva and Isa, her face contorted in her fury. It only lasts a moment, though. With a deep breath, Anais reaches up with both hands and pulls her long white hair out of her face, holding both the hair and the breath for a moment. Then a deep sigh escapes her lips as she lets her hair fall to her shoulders again. "Damnit, sorry. That wasn’t meant for you. The problem ... the seer problem first, I guess. Simple: some lowdown piece of trash in this room sold us out to the demons. I want their head on a pike, but I need to know who it was first." Anais pauses briefly, capturing the gaze of each of the three gathered around her. "Don't f*** this up. We can't afford any more needless deaths. I can’t imagine it was the trolls – they aren’t loyal but they aren’t really smart enough to pull something like this off. Though … I can’t rule it out either."

Anais pushes her way past Eva and Isa, heading to rejoin her contingent. Then, she pauses and turns. "I will go address my end of our deal, Eva. Consider your side of the bargain. I fear that Eg'drunaz already controls the planetarium, We do not know what her plan is, but it can't be good - to make this hard of a play against the Fey and secure that location all in one night?" Anais shakes her head solemnly before striding away.


A Fey Prince; Earl, HarmAt Earl’s approach, three of the fey-folk stand. A male and two females, warriors each still clad in light armor which Earl only now notices beneath their tunics. They are clearly weary, but obligation to their lord’s safety pulls at them through the languishing muscles. None of them address Earl in a threatening manner, though they have seemingly noticed the ring on his finger, and move to keep him at a distance from the wounded man.

Earl’s deference and then the words that follow clearly shake the entire contingent surrounding the Prince. The surprise adorning the faces confronting Earl doesn’t last long as it slowly shifts to hope. The three stand aside and a lilting female voice carries to Earl’s ears, "I recognize you, yet cannot place your name. Please, anything you can do. If you can buy us some time we can nurse him back to health, but his wounds are grievous and we have not what we need near."

What do you do?

OOC
 
__________________
Status: The new work environment leaves something (like moments of quiet) to be desired
GM: Sky Realm (Fate) | Magic Rising (Fate) | Blackbrooke (PbtA)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age) | Jenny (PbtA) | Moemoe (Fate)

Last edited by Roekahs; 05-12-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-12-2020, 04:10 PM
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-01-2020
RPXP: 2096
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Posts: 1,421
Isa LiIsa can relate to Anais' frustration and rage. She nods sympathetically (for whatever it's worth, anyway) as the wizardess rages. The vampire has that same inner rage, though her target differs. Anais explains that there's a traitor in the room. hmmm...someone needs to be removed and quietly...well, I'm glad I stopped byshe thinks. Much like Anais, Isa has no tolerance for traitors. As Anais pushes past her, Isa pointedly glances at both Nic, and Eva. Her face says don't move. She has something to say to each of them.

Isa first turns to Nic and leans in close, so as to minimize anyone hearing her words. As she does so, the name Eg'drunaz crosses her ears and Nic can clearly see that Put a Face to A Name roll=7the vampire recognizes the name. She whispers to him, "Find the betrayer. I will handle the rest." as she breaks the closeness with a wicked little smile on her face. Killing is her business and business just picked up. Isa hopes that her words have put more fear into Nic, which she believes will keep him in line.

Next, she turns her attention to Eva. Leaning in close, as before, Isa says, "About earlier tonight...I'm sorry. I..." she pauses and her face adds the rest I know I owe you for what you did for me and she lowers
her gaze slightly, as a sign of acceptance and guilt over having run like a coward earlier. This lasts only a moment or two and her eyes return to Eva's face, as does the wicked smirk, She leans back in and adds, "My seer knows. The jig is not yet up...but we need to talk...later." Isa makes one last comment,"If the seer finds the betrayer, I will handle elimination and disposal. You don't have to lift a finger, mother" her tone is as serious as ever and it's clear she means business. Isa waits for any response from Eva and then pulls back, gaze turned once again towards Nic. The vampire is hopeful that it's not one of the trolls, as she's not entirely certain, despite her confidence in her own abilities, that she can actually kill them easily.

Isa also realizes that Anais' request and her suggested course of action can be refused. The vampire is more than willing to take on the job herself, as an outlet for her rage, but if Nic can assist it will make things much easier.

What the traitor fails to realize, is that they have not only sold out Anais and her cohorts, but have also sold out Isa, who maintains a slight interest there. The planetarium, while still a volatile and dangerous place for any vampire, has seen its share of feedings. There are many other places Isa can go to feed, of course, but the planetarium is close to her store and convenient. She'd really hate to lose it. But, on the other hand, she's tired, injured, and just wants to go home. Is it really worth battling the demons right now? It's a question she doesn't currently have an answer to.

Last edited by Howling Winds of; 05-12-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-12-2020, 04:52 PM
kanly's Avatar
kanly kanly is offline
Wayward Zephyr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 4223
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Posts: 4,004
Earl King
right-aligned image
Earl is caught slightly off guard when a woman's voice agrees to his bargin instead of the prince's, and Put a name to a face.he turns to find who would have the audacity to do so. Still, if he was to save the prince's life, there was little time to worry about audacity, and he himself was about to do things that many of both courts would be shocked at.
Calmly, yet still as quickly as he was able, Earl stripped to the waist though he did take the time to neatly fold his clothing and place it on one of the nearby chairs. To the ones nearest the prince he said, "Bare his chest, I'll need a direct line to his heart." Then he reached down to dip his fingers in the prince's blood, with which Earl marked runes on his own forehead, chest just above the heart and the back of each of his hands. Then he reaches out and touches his wounded hand to the other man's chest just above his heart and begins to sing to him. As the song goes on Earl reaches down for the prince's hand which, much like his own, bears a ring with his court's insignia. Gently, he raises it up and on the last word of the song, touches it to the rune above his own heart. Suddenly the circuit is complete and both men are enveloped in blinding light, silver as the full moon's light on a brittle mid-winter night for the prince and golden as noon on a mid-summer day around Earl. There is a flicker like the beating of a heart and the auras transpose themselves for a moment before another pulsing flicker returns them to their starting positions. Then with a third flicker the lights go out and both men are suddenly standing there, staring into one another's eyes, Though, the prince does still have considerable bruising where his wounds had been, and his clothes look a bit like a very large, very angry cat had used them to sharpen its claws.with all traces of blood wiped away. Both men draw a long gasping breath like divers emerging from a deep pool and the spell is broken. The prince collapses back onto Which has NOT been cleaned of blood!the couch and Earl reels back, almost tripping over the chair where he had earlier put his clothing. Instead, the Fae catches hold of the chair and keeps himself upright through sheer force of will. Through gritted teeth Earl says, "The prince will need several days to recover fully, but he should no longer be in danger of succumbing to his wounds." After that, he works his way back around the chair like a toddler learning to walk before slumping down into the seat, obviously drained by the experience and begins to slowly redress himself.

 

Last edited by kanly; 05-18-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB