Game Thread Far and Wide - Page 20 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #286  
Old May 13th, 2020, 01:01 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1807
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 1,025
Somebody was trying to a bunch of priests into zombies. That was the impression that Saya got from the notes she found and the nature of the serum on the apples. She absolutely didn't blame them for hating priests, but zombies was a little much. Just regular poison would have done just fine. That did mean that the undead she had seen in the graveyard were probably priests then. She took the notes and put them in her bag for later. Thinking that she would accidentally forget to tell the priests that and let them figure out on their own that the zombies were their own. It was the least they deserved.

Saya was far more interested in the little creatures than the zombie apples. They were adorable and didn't seem to be dangerous in any way. She couldn't just leave them here to die. Saya decided they would have to come with her. Maybe she could find nice homes for them in the next town she ended up at. Right now she had no idea if Pat was even going to come with her, so it would be nice to have the company anyway.

With a yawn, the Warlock sat down next to the cage. She really wanted to get some sleep, but with the amount of people she didn't trust in the building, doubted it would happen. Not until Pat returned so they could watch each other's backs.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old May 13th, 2020, 05:39 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
The dust settles
right-aligned image
"Anyone who fights like that halfling, or yourself, has my respect. He was a devilcythraul on the battlefield!" Owain called after the armored warrior. Then to the priest he added "Taken may be the wrong word. The horses and men were 'requisitioned'. The men may have left of their own free will for all I know but the horses, she wants to be returned." He walked over to the open cellar door and pulled his spear from the wall with a grunt.

"If you have a quarrel with the Lions then I would gladly join you. They are no friend to me. Truth be told, I took the job in hopes of sending a few of them to the afterlife." He smiled through the blood streaking his face "Adar o’r un lliw ehedant i’r un lle. In the common tongue, it means ‘birds of the same color fly to the same place’."

 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old May 15th, 2020, 10:27 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,674
Owain and Tambovksy both hear rustling and odd, hoarse whispers while they talk. Father Keth is looking up at the windows of the dark Inn, a growing concern clearly on his face. Lady Danicea reaches the alley, she is swinging her sword in low, sweeping arcs around her legs. Owain and Tambovsky can see something is clearly bothering her, though they don't see any rats or other kind of vermin crawling about. They do see the shadows shift, move, take form and shift again, moving the way fog moves across water. They feel the temperature drop, still flush with the heat of the fight and their meeting, they feel a chill come over them. Father Keth raises his spear to the sky, staring at the windows some more before looking to Owain,Horses? You came for horses, then let us see to them. I think the men of the Inn are now beyond our help, the horses in the stable will soon follow them to hell. At that moment, Owain feels a swish against his ankle and turns to see a tooth or a fang. It was hard to tell in the dark, but something just came at him. Lady Danicea takes a stride, swinging her sword at the back of his shin. Sherrock is moving to parry when the elf steps back as a shriek sounding like a cat in heat rips the air. Danicea's sword flares blue and frost flies along with smoke as something moved away and back from Owain, scalded by Danicea's sword. Father Keth raises his spear again and white light bursts from it's tip, spreading around them in a fifteen foot diameter. They feel the light of the Saints, warming them, protecting them as the fog shifting things move around them, a moment discernible, then gone, changing to another amorphous shape. Hind's of Udun ware,Father Keth shouts, The flames of Anor burn brightest against the dark!Father Keth now swings his spear overhead in an arc, motioning with his other hand for the others to gather around him as he strides, not to the chancellery, but towards the stables.

Back at the Chancellery, Jol has fallen into the deep sleep of the truly exhausted. Not even Father Keth's shouting or the screaming wake him.
Saya is petting one of the little creatures, noticing they detect magic, both of them have had a spell cast on them. It is a spell unlike anything Saya has ever felt. The magic feels to her like a warm summer rain and it imbues the little creatures to smell magic and poisons. She feels one of them paw at her, it's nose pointing at her wound. The creatures little eyes are round with worry for her.
Then she feels her mark, ripple with warning, quickly followed by Father Keth shouting and a screeching cat. Saya can now hear someone running down the stairs. It is Soskia. The woman is in the hall trying to wake someone. Saya can tell Soskia is growing frantic.

OOC-make whatever rolls you feel appropriate
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old May 15th, 2020, 11:10 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Tambovsky, human fighter
This type of evil arcana was beyond Tambovsky.
right-aligned image

As the mist threatened to envelope the small band of rescuers and Lady Danicea valiantly but ineffectively swiped back at it, Tambovsky secured Sylvana on his shoulder and moved swiftly behind the priest with the blessed spear.

He was relying now not on his training, but on his upbringing--an upbringing in a religious family that generally trusted priests and their advice in difficult times. True, this Father Keth was not of his family's Eastern Rites, but his actions had just proven himself to be in communion with the same pantheon of saints that Tambovsky's mother had taught him to venerate. If tonight Tambovsky were to be laid in his tomb, then he would at least die with sanctified passage. That thought, at least, bolstered his courage against the unknown. The rest was only battle ... and Tambovsky never shrunk from that.

Lead on, then! Tambovsky called out to the priest, hoping his voice instilled the confidence and valor that his inner resolve, shaken by a faceless foe, lacked. Persuasion (in form of rallying group to stay together behind Father Keth)=19Let us not lose anyone. And with that, Tambovsky found his confidence to be more genuine than feigned, and so he took his own counsel, looking around to ensure that Pat was moving swiftly with them. For no matter how brave the halfling had proven himself, his deficit of height placed him at risk to be first to succumb to the mist as it rose from the ground. After all that Pat had just done, Tambovsky would die before he allowed another fearless halfling to fall to an evil vapor this morning.



 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jun 3rd, 2020 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old May 17th, 2020, 01:12 AM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
Whispers and shadowsMists and phantoms. Magic. Owain had witnessed it worked for both good and evil before but, he had always been in awe, it never lost its wonder. But fighting these things, give me an enemy with blood and I'll spill it, with a heartbeat and I'll stop it. What do I do if my foe has neither? He wondered while the priest rallied the band of brave souls. "There Father, there is the steel beneath the cloth!" The barbarian called out echoing the other warrior's bolstering words.

He turned to his companion Sherrock "The kettle's boiling and I'm ready.Mae tegell yn ferwi and ty'n barod. This will make a good story for the alehouse, maybe my sister will put it in a song!" and clapped him on the back. Owain held his spear low as they made their way towards the stables, wary of fog and fang.

 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:23 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,674
OOC-Moving along with Owain and Tambovsky, Jol and Saya can catch up later when RL allows.

IC-The small group huddle tightly together, all staying within the bright white light flaring from Father Keth's spear. Owain and Tambovsky could see the halfling about to leave, to run across the street back to the Chancellery. Pat is tailing behind the others when Tambovsky shouts out and Pat stops, takes a look back and then quickly moves into the middle of the group, I am Pat,the halfling says to Owain and Sherrock. Sherrock pulls back his hood, a wide smile on his face,I know,the elf says and starts laughing,I thought I had recognized you before Lightfoot. It is good to see you again.Sherrock turns to Owain,I know Pat from the days of my youth, now there is a kettle of stories to tell.Pat is smiling up at them and he winks at Tambovsky as they party shuffles down the ally and into the stables.
The stables are dark and musty. They can hear the horses stamping and winnying in fear, all except one stallion called Timber. Owain has ridden him before. Timber is an Ashenford Warmblood. Owain remembers him as reliable and steady if headstrong.

OOC- Ashenport Warmblood
 
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:18 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image

For a few moments, just after they entered the stables, Tambovsky was able to put aside all the troubles swirling around them. His years training as a blacksmith under his father and older brothers had allowed Tambovsky to work with many horses, but none this magnificent and stately.

"So this is what you came to retrieve," he says in a low whister to Owain and Sherrock. "I can see why a noble lady would spare no expense to return this steed to her stables."

And as much as he would like to feel the pulse of the horse, examine the mucous around its gums and inspect the quality of the shoeing, Tambovsky knew he had other obligations at the moment. So he looked for and found an empty stall and carefully laid down Sylana, covering her with a warm blanket that had been hanging on the posts between two neighboring stalls.

"This seems a good place to wait out the mist, or defend against anything that comes with it," he nods in thanks to Father Keth, and then in encouragement to Pat and Lady Danicea. "And you, Welshman and elf ... Owain and Sherrock, right? ... now that you've found what you sought, will you ride out while you can?"




 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jun 3rd, 2020 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:43 AM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
The stables
right-aligned image
There was a calming effect from the stables that Owain felt immediately. Something about the smell of horse and straw always brought memories of his twin Evaine and riding across the hills or raising mischief with their friends Paredur and Kendyr. Horses were reliable and never held secret agendas. His father and uncles had taught him to ride, and fight from horseback, as well as how to care for a horse and win its friendship and loyalty. Horses always brought soothing nostalgia to the young barbarian even in trying times. Here and now could definitely be called trying.

"Aye, Timber is Magnificent." Owain replied to Tambovsky's remark as he made his way to the ashenport warmblood and rubbed the stallion's cheek and neck.

"We are Owain and Sherrock, it's true. It seems that fate, or the Morrigan, has brought us together with you brave warriors and I may not be the wisest man but I know not to fight the will of the Tuatha De Dannan. Besides, I would not break up the reunion of old friends here." He smiled and gestured towards Pat and Sherrock. "I'm not certain how horses would react to that foul mist and whatever stalks from within. We'll stay here with you for now and maybe I can coax some tales of my friend here out of your friend there." Owain winked at Pat and delivered a playful punch to Sherrock's shoulder.

 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old May 26th, 2020, 05:37 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,674
Owain and Tambovsky are talking with Sherrock and Pat, while Father Keth looks the stables over, shaking his head. Pat looks around as well then says,We should head back to the Chancellery. It has a stable and has protections against these undead. At least I saw salt poured around the windowsills and doorways. The chancellery also has an armory and, the rest of the friars are there along with Saya and others. Staying together is better than not right now. There is strength in numbers, at least in this instance anyway. Father Keth walks over, staring at the horses. He is clearly nervous around the large animals, particularly Timber. I agree with Pat, we should head back and take the horses with us if we can. I don't think I can hold these, these things off alone. My flame has only another ten minutes or so before it goes out and I don't have the means to bring forth another. Lady Danicea steps up, holding her sword out, then points it at the ground in an en garde position,I will lead, Pat will follow and Tambovsky and Owain and Sherrock will mind the horses and Father Keth will bring up the rear. We can put Sylana onto one of the horses. We shouldn't wait. I do not feel safe here.
When they first came into the stables, the horses shivered with fear, but Owain and Tambovsky have calmed them and the horses now look to them for direction. Neither doubts they would have trouble leading the horses out and back to the Chancellery.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old May 26th, 2020, 05:54 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image

So intently had Tambovsky focused on the horses, and then on watching over Sylana, that he hadn't noticed the conversation around him until it was winding to the end. But the sketches of the plan were clear...they would ride together back to the chancery.

Tambovsky first waited to see which horses Owain and Sherrock would choose since part of their remit was to retrieve certain steeds, including the most regal in the stables, then he chose for himself, placing Sylana in front of him, slouched against him and braced by the horses neck. Reins in one hand, a lead rope attached to a line of two other horses behind him and his leader unconscious before him, Tambovsky realized he would have no chance to defend himself against any attack between here and their goal. Speed was their only shield.

"I'm ready. Lady Danicea, you are in the lead and so I wait your call."




 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jun 3rd, 2020 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old May 29th, 2020, 11:19 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
To the chancellery
right-aligned image
Owain was not one to run from battle, but this was no ordinary fight. There was something unnatural stalking in that fog. Unknown things that had that battle-hardened priest worried. "Aye, we should pool our strength." Owain said as he climbed upon Timber. He whispered into the stallion's ear "Easy boy, you remember your friend Owain." The great horse tossed his head and nickered as the barbarian stroked its sleek muscular neck.

It felt good to sit astride the majestic warmblood, Owain sat tall and proud. It was comfortable, riding, the warmth from the animal and the rhythmic thudding of its hooves like the beating of his heart was like a sacred ritual to the barbarian. He felt at home on horseback. He held his spear on the right side of Timber ready to thrust down at whatever may come from the fog. "I'm ready. Epona ride with us, grant us your speed!"
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old May 30th, 2020, 12:09 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1807
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 1,025
Saya liked animals, she had grown up on a farm and knew how to handle them. But that wasn't why she liked they so much. They didn't lie to you like humans did, they were predictable, and most importantly didn't expect you to trust them after having just met. So it wasn't long before Saya was letting the little creatures out of the cage. If they ran away or tried to get out through a window, she would let them. But for the moment she was just petting one while the other seemed to be interested in the wound on her leg.

That's when she realized that the little creature could definitely smell the lingering poison in the wound. "Aw, it's okay little guy. Something like that can't take me down." She said softly, reaching out to pet that one too. She wondered if she could keep them or if they would be better off in the wild. She'd let them chose when the chance came up. Because as useful as they would be to have around, she wouldn't force them to stay.

The nice moment was ruined, as they all were, by a prickling sensation in her tattoo. It started in her arm and then she could feel the hairs on the back of her neck standing up. Something was wrong. She heard Father Keth shouting but didn't care much about that. Soskia was then running down the stairs shouting at someone. Whatever was going on wasn't good, and all she could think about was that Pat was in the middle of it all.

Saya scooped up both of the little creatures and put them back in the cage for now, where they would hopefully be safe. She wanted to take them with her, but she didn't want to put them in danger either. The Warlock ripped open the door and stepped back into the rest of the chancellery. She quickly got to the hallway where she had heard Soskia's voice coming from. "What's going on?" She demanded.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old May 31st, 2020, 09:28 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,674
Owain and TambovskyOwain lifted himself onto Timber's back and he felt the stallion ready itself for a gallop or a charge to battle. Near him, Sherrock went bareback on another fine horse and made a bow pulling motion. Sherrock himself was not yet able to shoot from horseback. It was something Owain had started teaching him a few weeks ago. Tambovsky sees the two of them as finds a gentler horse for him and Sylana. He finds a tall Clydesdale with huge feet. The horse shivers until Tambovsky runs his hand along it's flank and then down it's neck. The huge horse pushes into Tambovsky for reassurance and almost pushes him over. As soon as it Tambovsky lifts Sylana into the air, the clydesdale settles and patiently waits for Tambovsky to finish getting settled.
Timber starts whickering at the other horses, helping Owain and Tambovsky quiet them enough for the others to get mounted. Father Keth and Lady Danicea do not sit easy in their saddles. Pat looks around a bit then sidles up behind Sherrock, then pulls a sling shot from his pack.
Lady Danicea leads them out of the barn, but once they reach the alley, Timber takes the lead and heads them down the street, passing the Church Yard. They hear scuffling sounds and yowls from the shadow things as they ride past the Inn. Across the street, several ghouls watch from the graveyard at the side of the Church. The ghouls simply stare from hollow eyes. They see one ghoul with a shin bone in it's mouth and another chewing on part of skull. The ghouls don't give chase. All the horses except Timber are terrified of the undead. Most natural animals stay clear of undead. Timber, stamps a foot in challenge and snorts at the bone eating ghouls before moving on at Owain's urging push with his knees. Moments later they turn the corner and find themselves at the back of the Chancellery. Brother Selmo and Mattias are there to greet them. Hello friend,Mattias calls out when he sees Owain and Sherrock. Mattias has thick black hair and shoulders like a trolls. His voice is warm and welcoming. Owain and Tambovksy can see him counting people on his fingers as they ride into the stable.


SayaSaya starts petting and talking to the little creatures. The one, licks her wound, chews away some the dead skin and then climbs into her lap and starts softly mouthing her thumb. The other one has tucked it's head and fallen asleep. As she pets them, she feels old cuts and punctures, slowly healing on both of them.
When she suddenly stands up, both creatures squeak and mew, that is until she puts them in their cage. Once there, they become completely silent. Saya strides out, feeling her arm tingle with warning, there were undead near, different than the ghouls from before. She reaches the hallway and sees Soskia kneeling over brother Doran. Soskia looks up when she sees Saya,He is asleep, the poor boy is so exhausted I can't seem to wake him and we need him, the others are in trouble.Saya sees Brother Doran. His lips are a slight black color and there is a piece of half eaten pie on the floor next to him. It appears he was eating at the small table when he fell over. Saya knows the young friar isn't sleeping. He has eaten some of the poison she had been reading about.


LyreiLyrei felt the hearse carriage lurch, then shudder violently, bumping down the road. She was jostled from her seat and quickly stood, grabbing the railing and a curtain rod to steady herself until the hearse came to an uneasy stop. She heard Danse yelling outside, calling the horses to slow. She could feel dust settling and the heard sound of early crickets in the growing quiet. She heard the men moving about, checking the horses, the harness, the carriage itself. She heard a short knock on the carriage door and then it opened. Danse was standing there, color just now returning to his face. He was a young man, an initiate of Venkelos, but not a priest or a knight. He was in training to become a Judicator, an investigator into death and dying, similar to herself. He calms his breathing before speaking, It looks like we split a wheel. We can repair it, but it will take the rest of daylight. I don’t think we will make Blauden Hills today. Just at the top of this hill is a roadside Inn. It is probably abandoned now, but I say we head for the Inn, repair the wheel and leave for Blauden Hills in the morning, Danse sighs as he waits to hear what Lyrei want to do. She was the nominal leader of this group.
It was less than a week ago when the Giles, the Vicar of Bones for the city of Beverloo requested aid from his fellow clergy in Liege to help solve several mysterious deaths. Lyrei wanted to join, but wasn’t hopeful, she was still young and learning her craft, so she was at first surprised when she was chosen. She later learned it was by the influence of her patrons that she was included. They charged her with two objectives, first and foremost, solve the mystery of the deaths and secondly, try to figure what is actually happening and why the sudden request from Liege for aid. Liege was on the east bank of the river Muese, within the Kingdom of Lorraine, while Beverloo was miles to the West in the territory of Brabrant and Flanders. Long and bitter feuds had gone on for years along the border. Nobles and clergy and Kings and Dukes vying for control of the area and its’ rich pastures and farmland and forests. Lyrei's squad
 

Last edited by Rasgorn; Jun 1st, 2020 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 12:12 AM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image

"Well met, brothers!" Tambovsky calls out to Mattias and Selmo as his horse enters the stable, followed by the two he has led on a rope. "You'll count two more of us. But Pat here vouches for both of them, and of course Saya vouches for Pat, so that allows you to rest your minds, right?" he adds with a smile, having picked up on the brothers' divided opinions about Saya.

"But now, to serious matters—can you assist the wojowniczka?" he asks, as he moves to hand down the limp body of Sylana. "This is not a battlefield wound she has, something magical or ... infernal? Your expertise, I think."

Stepping down from the horse, Tambovsky begins stabling all the arrivals and had a few moments to assess their situation. Once again, it had changed drastically, but now Tambovsky was more confident. Sylana was not well, but at least rescued. They now had at least five reliable mounts and two more members had joined their growing army of circumstantial alliance. All he really needed was a shield. And sleep. Sweet Saint Gabriel, Tambovsky was tired.

Tambovsky was tempted to simply lie down in the stables for at least one hour of sleep. Bauman and Soskia would understand. The priests would understand. The Welsh and his friend would understand. Lady Danicea would understand. Pat would understand. Saya would ... yeah, all right. Before he would lie down, he would check in with Saya. Undoubtedly Pat would provide her with all the details of what had happened, but Tambovsky needed to see her face-to-face. She wasn't his commander, but she was ... an ally? And one who had doubted his commitment to his word, however rightfully or wrongly. Tonight, they all needed firm allies.

"Lady Saya?" Tambovsky called out, striding from the stables to the main chancery.



 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jun 4th, 2020 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 05:32 PM
swangrace swangrace is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 9th, 2021
RPXP: 529
swangrace swangrace swangrace swangrace swangrace swangrace
Posts: 197
Lyrei Faera
right-aligned image

Lyrei jumps down out of the hearse to survey the damaged wheel for herself. Danse has a good idea, but she doesn’t want to appear too quick to jump on it. He had something of an ego and she didn't want to fuel it. She was used to men not respecting her for her sex, but it still leaves an ill taste in her mouth. Squatting down beside the wheel, she gathers her long brown hair back in a tight bun that came loose with all the jostling about. After what she determines is an adequate wait time, she stands and surveys the area around them.

"I suppose there's really no other choice. The abandoned inn will have to do until we get the wheel fixed," she says as she turns back to Danse. "It should do well to house us all for the night. We will repair the wheel and continue on our way in the morning." She goes back to the hearse and retrieves her travel bag and black medicine case. Turning back she harps, "Well don't just dottle about. Lead the way."

__________________
MIA due to teaching in Covid times :(
Maybe I'll be back one day...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB