Game Thread Barovia Wants You! - Page 38 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Barovia Wants You!
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 03:03 PM
-.-- --- / .... ---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3125
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger

The light. It was as unexpected as it was intense. Like one of those rare moments when you emerge from the depths of the marsh water and happen to surface on the area where the sun's rays have evaded the cloak of clouds and pierced through the small unprotected gap in the canopy of swamp trees. And it was not only bright, but it held heat and motion and even some type of musicality.

Accustomed to the regal indifference of Semuanya, Arquiztex was amazed that a goddess could respond so immediately, so directly ... that for some believers there was such an unmediated relation between an appeal and a response. Perhaps, though, this was an extraordinary response even for the adherents of the Raven Queen. Though Arquiztex had never really been able to read the thinkings of Birdsword, she saw that even this warrior was unprepared for the reaction. She knew this because the warrior had failed to anticipate the light and cover her eyes in response, and now the eyes were dropping liquid because of the intense pain of the bright light.

Arquiztex understood at least that.

As her head continued spinning from the burn of the light and as the gnome began stating something to the group that he clearly felt to be of importance, Arquiztex found herself crouching against the wall, willing her head to return to balance.

This was not a gullunt'yela, but clearly it was something powerful ... and fearfully unknown.

Arquiztex would take a few seconds to recover herself; to push aside these thoughts so she could drag them out and inspect them later. When the tribe would be ready to move on, so would she.

Last edited by bananabadger; 05-27-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1230
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Herr Doktor Johanne Peoter Wens
right-aligned image
As he looked forward down the hall, Herr Doktor Wens saw nothing arcane other than the general miasma of the manor house. But when Zilgrim returned and he turned around to see the gnome's treasures, why then the arcane glows were distinct and mesmerizing!

Not even thinking of the danger, he Acrobatics 13scuttled back across the tiny bridge, pushing past anyone in the way, and said, "Mr. Gummen! What have you here! May I examine? And without waiting for an affirmative, Herr Doktor Wens bent down to study the items' arcane auras, markings, and features that might reveal their natures and uses, Detect Magic, Investigation (7), Religion (18), Arcana (20)starting with the dagger, moving it about gingerly with a "glove" improvised from his handkerchief. "Oh my, oh my, oh my! Quite well crafted! Delicate transmutation of the substrate's essentiality ..." And etc.

ACTIONS

STAT BLOCK

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; 05-26-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 567
Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver
Thane, Wood Elf Rogue
right-aligned image
As the party recovered, Thane gathered up the rope and looped it again until it was near and easy to store. He reattached it to his backpack, a busy distraction while watching the rest of his companions exchange words on the current predicament.

Zilgrim soon surprised him, returning with trinkets and remarking of an item that might suit him. After a moments consideration, he was ready to accept the tool before Doctor Wens took up the items for investigation. Instead Thane held his tongue and bowed his head. He was mainly trying to get a feel for the groups overall sentiment regarding how they would proceed. Perhaps it was a time to pause and lick wounds.

The Wood Elf looked ahead for a moment. To a stairway where if he focused he expected he would still hear the chanting he had sensed upon their entry to the house. "If anything is at the heart of this place, I expect it to be ahead."

"We should consider the advantage of a direct assault, rather than letting every corner of this manor wear us down first." There were still unexplored paths, but Thane felt they may be taking a pummeling by venturing into them.

Last edited by Carver; 05-28-2020 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:42 PM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3029
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Small miracles
right-aligned image
Rolen found it amusing that after coming so close to death Mercy was worried about smells but stifled his laughter, that would not be proper for a rescue. As he was straightening the cleric out on the ground he heard Arquiztex speaking to Liiare and looked up in time to see a shining light flash out and into Mercy with the sound of many wings. He sat there momentarily not sure of what had happened but clearly it was beneficial for color was coming back to her face. "Whatever that was you two did, it helped. Her breathing is stabilizing, though it looks like I may have bled all over her." He winked conspiratorily down at Mercy "I hope she'll forgive me for smearing my earthy odors on her pristine skirts." Now maybe her dignity will be preserved a little while longer.

By this time Zilgim had returned bearing very welcome surprises for the group, the more studious teammates were still full of surprises it seemed. He managed a "Well done, Zilgim!" before the gnome was accosted by Wens' adulations for antiquities. The ranger smiled, glad that they all could find a bit of light down in the dark bowels of this cursed manor.

His kin, Thane spoke up about a direct attack at the heart of the darkness. "I agree, a direct approach would be best. Lest we fall victim to the house itself, but half our number have been injured already. Perhaps a small rest to regain some strength would be in order?"

Old 05-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1313
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Mercy Petreva, Human Light Cleric
right-aligned image

Mercy is usually fastidious. We know this about her. But right now, she's pretty low. Not just from the fall but from the humiliation of being batted out of the air by her goddess like a vase knocked off a table on the whim of a fire-haired tabby cat. And so, rather than nesting in blankets or making a tent of a scarf to crawl into or any other tidying or beautifying behavior, she throws her bag onto the ground against the wall of the corridor and sinks into it.

"Thank you, Rolen," she says. "Thank you Arquiztex." For pulling me off the spikes, for sacrificing your holy symbol to pull me back from the jaws of death, for taking ownership of this hideous stench, for not blaming me... but it was too many words for her body to produce, and trusting someone less perforated else will stay awake and keep watch, she closed her eyes and fell asleep right there, one leg bent under her, mouth still slightly open, mirror in her armpit.

OOCSorry for the red! I edited "dice" to "die" -- forgot you can't do that inside the tag without it being flagged as deleted.

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by lostcheerio; 05-27-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1209
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Mercy flops down against the wall right where she is, so it seems this is where the short rest is going down. Lancelot trots down to the end of the corridor and growls slightly at the top of the down staircase, and sniffs at the opening beside it. It looks like there's a light somewhere through there.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:09 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 932
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Liiare
right-aligned image
Liiare strode to the side of the party opposite the pit to Perception 19watch for any threats that might try to interrupt the others’ rests. She stood watching vigilantly, but also thinking of what had happened earlier, the Raven Queen’s first accepted offering. The item must have had so much emotion in it, so much sacrifice, so much devotion. She started to ponder the differences between the accepted symbol and the rejected toy. Would the toy ever be accepted? It was obviously important to the child, an innocent kind of love that only one so young could provide to an inanimate object. She prayed silently, My dark and beautiful queen, why was this accepted and not the other? Will the child’s toy ever be accepted? I ask these that I may be a better servant to thee, more capable of seeking that which thou desirest. I also seek to know if the toy I have held onto should be discarded as an unworthy offering. Please speak to me. She remained silent for the space of ten minutes, hoping for an answer, before turning to her Lizardfolk companion, "Arquiztex, I would like to know what the item you offered me means to you. What is it’s emotional significance?"

Character InfoCharacter Sheet
Hit PointsDivine SenseLay on HandsHit Dice
15/152/34/42/2d10
1st Slots2nd Slots3rd Slots4th Slots
2/2
Old 05-27-2020, 02:44 PM
-.-- --- / .... ---

Tools
User Statistics
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucius View Post
LiiareShe remained silent for the space of ten minutes, hoping for an answer, before turning to her Lizardfolk companion, "Arquiztex, I would like to know what the item you offered me means to you. What is it’s emotional significance?"

Arquiztex could still recall the stench of the charred bodies, the plaintive mews of the confused herd animals being stolen away and the sight of the once brightly painted wagons scorched by flames and splintered by Rak’ta axes. And cutting through all these sensations, was the voice of her hunting mentor, Gruq’lez, who strode up to the small huddle of hesitating hatchlings and forcibly prodded them forward to take part in the plundering and butchering.

“Squeamish toads!” Gruq’lez cursed at them. “Hack their bodies for the feast and take their goods into our caves … and do it proudly, for a Rak’ta owes nothing to an elf.”

But it seemed they did, at least in Arquiztex’s confused youthful mind.

It began three nights previous. Toward sunset, a caravan of elven refugees had established a camp on the outskirts of the marshes where Arquiztex’s tribe lived and ruled. By all conventions of trade and parley, the elves did everything correctly. They set up guards with flags of peace on the perimeters, they made no attempt to hide their numbers, they allowed the first Rak’ta patrols to approach them without pulling out their own weapons, they allowed themselves to be vulnerable and they offered payment for the bounty they would take in the form of game, water and wood to supply their numbers. Of course, the Rak’ta agreed. Why wouldn’t they? Taking the payment didn’t obligate them in any way and it allowed the lizardfolk time to study these elves, to gauge whether the worth of elven refugees was greater alive or dead.

For the next two days, the elves remained in camp. It was enough time for the elders to discuss trade and more than enough time for the younger hatchlings to explore something approaching friendships with the few younger elves in the wagons. The elves taught them a few songs and a wicked braiding technique that some of the young Rak’ta began applying to the decorative trim around their harvested shields. In turn, the Rak’ta taught them the names and some of the uses for the rarer marsh flowers, including the Zizzen Pea, which seemed to sting the skin of the elves but which left a shimmering greenish-golden hue on them which remained for hours and refracted the light that hit on it so that the Zizzen Pea elves literally radiated rainbows around them as they walked across the marshes. It was, as one hatchling coined the phrase “elven-Rup= a slang for Arquiztex's Rak'ta tribe meaning something that is beautiful because it is elegant and simplerup.”

The killings began on the third night. Orchestrated, of course, and under the cover of a delegation that was bringing a parting gift to the elven elders. Because the Rak’ta feared the elven archers the most, the gift was to be bone-fashioned arrowheads, a small pouch of 5-7 for each elven warrior. The arrowheads were real and were contained in the pouch, but the sentiment was false. When the elven warriors stepped forward, holding their unarmed hands out to receive their gifts, the Rak’ta warriors in the back launched their spears while the second group of women and younger warriors attacked from behind, torching the wagons and cutting up the young and elderly who fled from them.

The Rak’ta elders are wise. They had cautioned that because the elves had seen their marshland, they now could return at any time and attack the tribe with ease—because the elves were also great warriors. And so the elders drew up this plan of attack and so it was carried out. The Rak’ta elders are wise. Their warnings about the elves being great warriors were true, and even though the lizardfolk attacked with all the advantage of stealth and deception, the elves took at least 17 Rak’ta with them to death. To think how many would have died had the lizardfolk not preemptively attacked … truly, the Rak’ta elders are wise. And truly, the Rak’ta owe the elves nothing. No elf. Not even this one who now stood before Arquiztex with a simple question.

Except.

Except …

Well, Arquiztex could find little justification for her “except” … but she would try.

Except, perhaps, this was not Rak’ta land.

Except, perhaps, she had been shunned by her god.

Except, perhaps, as the elders told her again and again … she was young and tooclever.

Except, perhaps, she still smelled the flesh of SilverRamble, the elf who had dared to swim with them to see the gigantic snapping turtle that lived, and was fed by the young hatchlings, at the bottom of their marsh.

Except, perhaps, she would likely die soon and this Raven Queen and Her emissary had just saved a companion.

"I lied." Arquiztex says to Liiare. "It’s not a holy symbol of Semuanya. It’s a symbol I made. It’s one of the reasons I am here."

Originally, the symbol was meant to be of Semuanya. Creating one from the bones and sinews of their ancestors was the standard practice for every Rak’ta acolyte on the eve of their initiation. And, to her credit, Arquiztex had done that. Working through the night as the other acolytes feasted and drummed in a holy vigil outside the marshgrass altar, Arquiztex whittled, shaped and prayed the symbol into its shape. Four days of fasting made her a bit weak for the carving that was required, but it also gave her a heightened sensitivity and—just as the tribe’s shaman had said it would be—that amplified awareness allowed Arquiztex to hear the voices of her ancestors speaking to her, directing her how to shape their sinews and bones into the holy shape, each one dedicated to Semuanya but each one particular to the faith-struggle and mission of the particular acolyte. As dawn broke, Arquiztex emerged from the hut holding her symbol. She was effervescent, proud and so beyond exhaustion that her entire body seemed to float. The shaman took her symbol, cast it over the fire, declared it worthy of the gods and returned it to Arquiztex so that she could take her rank with the tribe’s acolytes. It was an ancient ceremony, but it was also freshly rup each time it was performed. Particularly, for Arquiztex, on this day … on her ceremony.

For the next few years, Arquiztex balanced her role as a novice acolyte with the other tasks expected of a growing Rak’ta. She took her place in the hunts. She took her place in the battles. And she was often charged, because of her stealth and toocleverness, with sneaking into human towns and bringing back needed supplies that the humans had foolishly refused to trade. In some ways, Arquiztex’s religion was so embedded into her life, with the thrice-daily prayers and the festival obligations, that she did not notice it as being anything unusual in her charge and obligations to the tribe.

The dreams changed that, though. When the tribe’s shaman began seeing the troubling figure of a wan, slender, sweet-smelling humanoid who threatened to upset the balance between the races and perhaps even the afterlife of the gods, the tribe initially accepted these dreams as visions of the far future. They were, to nearly all, the best fireside stories since the legends of the draconian riders. But one by one, the tribe members grew weary of the shaman’s repeated tellings. Only that story was told … at first as a portent, but then as a plea for action and then as an injunction. The story split the tribe between the few who believed it and the vast majority who had tired of it. Eventually, the tribal leader called the council and the shaman to a krin’tolq (a holy gathering where the Word of Semuanya would be shared), and so they filed into the holy hut and swore not to come out until an agreement was reached (or until the dissenters had been silenced, which meant killed). Arquiztex, who by that time was living in the shaman’s household, waited nervously with the rest of the tribe outside for 7 then 9 then 11 hours. Finally, the group emerged … all of them (to the tribe’s surprise). The chief even allowed the shaman to speak.

“We have agreed,” the shaman said. “This is the decision of the krin’tolq so that Semuanya’s tribe may flourish. Arquiztex, the acolyte of Semuanya, will go forth to the people village and learn more about this figure we have seen in the dreams. Until she returns with knowledge, this matter is closed.”

Arquiztex was elated! The shaman had prevailed and Semuanya had heard their word …

Except …

Except …

Except … (that word that seemed to define her young years)

Except, the shaman told her later that night, they had not.

“The chief bit into me,” said the shaman, showing her the marks on their body. “And called me a fool. I was allowed to live only if I sacrificed you for the journey, a journey that the chief says will be your death. The other elders supported the chief and said, ‘What would Semuanya care if a strange power destroyed the dwarves, the humans and the elves? We will submerge into the marshes and survive. Eventually, a dragon will eat the figure and we will triumph over an empty land.’”

The shaman looked up and said words they had never said before to Arquiztex, “I am sorry.” But that was the extent of any concern. “But you must go. Even if you, too, do not believe my visions … I am commanding you to go.”

So, discounted by the chief and the elders, willingly sacrificed by the shaman, all for the greater good of Semuanya’s decree … Arquiztex was marched out beyond the marsh with all honors (and several reptilian snickers) in accompaniment.

At the edge of the land, she turned to nod goodbye and raise her hand, a salute and acknowledgement that she was going forth to fulfill the tribe’s will. And then, less than an hour’s march from camp, at the site of the elven-wagon battle, she threw away her holy symbol in disgust, sat down in the ashes and fashioned a new one from the bones and remains of those that her Rak’ta had called her enemy.

She worked through the night. And though she had not fasted, she felt a spiritual and physical intensity that had surpassed any feeling on the night of her initiation. She emerged in the morning. And though there was nobody to witness and bless her symbol, she blasphemously dedicated it to Triftuq, the hero of Arquiztex’s favorite lores, Semuanya’s tooclever little sister who, like Arquitex wished to be, was not afraid to defy the tribe’s more ridiculous decrees.

"I created and carried a sacrilege," Arquiztex explains to Liiare. Even though she did not entirely believe that herself. "And so I was punished. Punished for that. Punished through misfortune to my friends. Punished through this pain in my head. And so I had to sacrifice it. It was just some silly bones of some innocent elven kid. It was just the only holy symbol I held dear."

Angered. Heart beating. Arquiztex stands up and looks around. This rest had gone on long enough. It was at least time enough for these weak elves and humans to heal.

"Come on, don't be a squeamish toad!" Arquiztex hisses with an ungentle kick to Mercy, the gentle cleric who was still recovering in her crumpled and vulnerable position along the corridor wall. "Time to fight. And you, aren't you a fighter?" she sneers at Sylvi the paladin, simply because she could think of no stronger figure in the party to challenge. "Go fight then, there is a evil chanting coming from down that corridor. It disturbed all of our rest, and you've done nothing about it."

Arquiztex spins around, ready to take out her frustration, fear and self-loathing on anyone else nearby, but she sees only Lancelot, looking up at her with his ingenuous sheepdog expression ... and this reminds her of Thorn, the wispy boy who had trusted and hugged her, and Thorn reminds her of SilverRamble, whom she still sees covered in Zizzen Pea and laughing as he hunts with her across the marsh.

Shuddering, overwhelmed and sick of everything, including herself, Arquiztex paces toward the edge of the group, turns her back on them, and waits for the release of battle.

Last edited by bananabadger; 05-28-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:42 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 567
Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver
Thane, Wood Elf Rogue
right-aligned image
Thane nodded as some began ushering in a rest. While he was reserved on the matter, he'd relish the chance to recover himself. He leaned against the wall at the head of the group and began massaging the arm that had suffered an attack earlier. He shook off the pain that he'd been carrying, and an hour of inaction was adequate to make him feel good again.

The Rogue watched Lancelot wander off again. He did not want to say it out loud, but the creature could be blamed for leading them this way. And what was to stop it wandering into another trap?

"Would anyone object to leashing the dog?"

Old 05-27-2020, 07:06 PM
-.-- --- / .... ---

Tools
User Statistics
Zilgim Gummen, Forest Gnome Monk
left-aligned image

"A leash? ... By all means ... but a leash binds ... both ways ... and that dog ... knows to herd ... so who will be led?" Zilgim responds to Thane with a knowing air, and then turns back to Wens. The gnome could tell that the learned human seemed somewhat tired, perhaps exhausted, but if he wanted to survive in the scroll or perish world of the academy, then Wens had to keep up...and the gnome's conditioning had prepared him for strenuous days such as this. And then there was that dagger and that shield to discuss. Why, the very spirit of magic was being analyzed with a learned scholar, and Zilgim could not pass that up. So, he delved into the matter with Wens, forcing the scholar's attention to him if it lagged.

"Take ... for example ... fire. It burns ... and releases a gas. That gas is ... the essence of fire. Now ... this dagger ... I believe ... you have hit upon ... a very key point ... with the substrate's essentiality ... if it were to burn ... it would release ... the magic ... inside ... which is its essence ... so is it a dagger ... or is it an essence? ... Such words ... in common ... cannot contain ... the subtleties ... I prefer ... those distinctions of ... archeus and ... semina ... which ... I am sure ... being a doktor ... and learned man ... you are ... well familiar with ... why even in ... the study ... of fey wings ... exposed to ice ... they found ... that ... in ... crystals! ... upon the wings ... were captured ... the very ... archeus ... of ..."

Oh, Zilgim could enjoy this for hours and hours. Why weren't the others joining in or at least taking advantage to listen and make notes of this learned discourse of two great minds?

Last edited by bananabadger; 05-27-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:20 PM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 932
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Liiare
right-aligned image
Liiare nodded at Arquiztex’s words with a pensive stare and continued to nod as the strong emotions were made manifest. Truly this was something deep and powerful, a feeling beyond what any child could experience perhaps. The nuance of something sacrilegious yet holy, painful yet comforting, binding yet freeing, was perhaps something requiring a deeper form of thinking. This made some sense, though she was not sure. She hoped that her Queen would confirm this to her. She kept silent, in the attitude of pondering and listening.

Character InfoCharacter Sheet
Hit PointsDivine SenseLay on HandsHit Dice
15/152/34/42/2d10
1st Slots2nd Slots3rd Slots4th Slots
2/2
Old 05-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1260
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
SylviKelemvor be praised, the bridge did not falter! Sylvi half run, half leapt over the rickety table and smacked the ground in a plume of dust. Tense as a ball of little knots, Sylvi crawled over to Mercy to see how she faired. To the paladin's relief, the power of Sune had already renewed her precious life-force. "Apologies for my belated assistance, Mercy. I must become more vigilant, now that I no longer have myself to look after."

"I don't see any reason to leash this pooch. Thanks to him, are we not closer to the source of the desecration?" Staggering to her feet, the paladin offered the cleric a hand-up. Patting Rolan on the shoulder, Sylvi gave Arquiztex and Liiare a warm smile. Though, she had no intention of crossing that pit again. Not for all the treasure in the world. Doctor Wen's passion for knowledge was quite impressive. "I shall leave the daring-do to the experts. Split the loot as you see fit, I shall stand guard while it's all sorted out. Honestly, I'm feeling quite exhilarated. The end to this ordeal is nigh."

Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3029
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
A brief respite?
right-aligned image
When Mercy flopped down and fell into an instant sleep Rolen was glad. They would likely all need to be at full strength. He felt good, still warm from the healing light of her God, Sune, so he paced the perimeter of their make-shift camp for the time being. His thoughts turned to dark wings. The ranger thought he knew of danger but was surprised and almost died, would have if it wasn't for these new friends. If they weren't bound before by their passage into this blighted land, they most definitely were now. Spilled blood forms one of the strongest bonds a hunter knows. The wood elf was pulled out of his rumination when he heard Arquiztex.

She had opened up and shared more to Liiare than she had to anyone so, it was no surprise the anger and outburst that came after. For warriors, and most likely anyone else, it is much easier to look outward than inward. Fighting tangible enemies and monsters is one thing but, battling foes inside yourself? That's one of the hardest fights for anyone. She will need this time as much as brave Mercy.

Thane spoke up about the dog, Lancelot but it wasn't the beast's fault. "Brother, my hubris is to blame for my folly. I was foolish, the dog did not lead. He has been a captive of this place too, locked away to starve just like those poor children. He has been bound enough." He smiled and retrieved his waterskin, took a deep drink, and offered it to his companions. "Yes Sylvi, I feel we are close to the end as well. We'll get through this, together."

Old 05-28-2020, 11:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1313
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Mercy Petreva, Human Light Cleric
right-aligned image
When Arquiztex kicks Mercy, she curls up a little bit, but doesn't wake. Deep inside a dream, some snotty upstart acolyte of Lathander calls her a squamous goat, and she laughs it off like she always does.

While she sleeps, her body recovers. Eventually she opens her eyes, stretches, and stands up. She's got holes in her outfit, and her hair needs a brush, but otherwise she's fine. A little more grim. But with retreat so inarguably unsavory, there is no way out but through. She still trusts the paladins, and she's growing to believe in her allies.

Mercy takes the staff of healing and examines it. "Without spending some time to examine it, I'm not sure what this can exactly do. Sometimes with staves if you expend all the charges they explode. But I can definitely use it!"

She gathers her things and brushes herself off. With deep regret for her ruined blouse, and the deep belief that she's being extremely brave and mature in ignoring it, because this is the kind of suffering that adventurers endure, she's ready to move on.

Last edited by lostcheerio; 05-28-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1209
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
The party takes a short break. Injured characters nap, troubled characters ruminate, intellectual characters cogitate, and the dog lies down a couple of feet from the edge of the pit and dozes lightly, on guard.

At the end of the rest, anyone who wishes to spend hit dice to regain hit points may do so. Link the roll in the first line of your next post, please, and then tell me what you're going to do next.