RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-15-2020, 11:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5799
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Seas of Fortune Crew

Please post your Character Applications as well as a link to your character sheets here.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14740
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Kathwed Rheiha

Race: Human

Alignment: CG

Class: Sorcerer -Sea Sorcery

Background Selection: Sailor/Pirate

Personality Traits: 1) I work hard so that I can play hard when the work is done. 2) I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.
Ideal: The sea is freedom - the freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond: I was cheated out of my fair share of the profits, and I want to get my due.
Flaw: I can't help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets I come across.

Background/History: You could say that Kath loves the sea, but she'd say the Sea loves her; "Touched by it", is actually what she'd say if serious. She has been sailing since an early age and the sea has been speaking to her as long as she can remember. What does it say? Here I am, adventure awaits. And so, that's what drives her, adventure on and off the sea, though she prefers the latter.
She was born near Jaras where her family are part owners in a orchard and winery cooperative. Always looking to establish new markets for their grapes and wine, she went along on voyages to do just that from an early age. There's no story of loss and tragedy between then and now, merely one young lady's delve into a life on the sea and taking up with Pirates. What few know is that the Goddess of the sea, or so she believes, reached out to her, showing her things of an Arcane nature, opening her mind to sorcery and its intertwining ways with the sea. She has stopped waiting on any demands from said Goddess, believing its just the way of things and her respect for the sea is what got her noticed in the first place.

Description: Kathwed, or "Kath", is 5'9" tall and weighs around 140 lbs. She's got that "terminally pretty" look of charm and sailor's grace. With black hair, and sea-tanned skin, she definitely dresses the part of one who has her sea legs.

Personality: Kath's driving force is improving her means, standing, and knowledge of the ways of the world and them what's in it. She fully understands that it takes a crew to run a ship, the same as it does to complete a task or adventure. She believes she is on a journey and how she gets there is more important than where she's going. Gain her trust, and you've got a friend for life. Lose her trust, or cross her, and you've got an enemy of the same. Like many sailors, she's cut from the sail cloth of working hard so she can play hard when the work is done. She firmly believes that the sea is freedom - the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. Not long ago, she was cheated out of her fair share of the profits from a certain enterprise, so she wants to get what's due her. This may be why she can't help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets she come across. Problem is, "loose" is a word often debated over.

Roleplaying Sample: Lying on some rolled up sail on the fore deck, her feet up on a small cask of oil, she was casting minor spells of the spray that was coming up over the bow as they sailed into a strong wind, tacking often.
If the spray was substantial enough, she merely wave a hand at it, and a good portion of it would instantly freeze and turn into ice of any color she could think of.
She was currently into shades of purple.
The ice would crash onto the deck and fracture into dozens of pieces, eventually starting to melt and then slide back into the sea.
The Captain approached, and watched the display for a moment and then said, "The men 'ave been wonderin' jest 'ow ye do that, Kath. Kinda like t'know ma'self."

He didn't ask if she minded telling him, or if she wanted to. He didn't have to ask. He was the Captain.

Raised a proper young lady for as long as they could until she left home on her own, Kathwed didn't have the Sailor's tongue or manner of speech. Sure she understood it, and could curse with the best of them, but she was fine with who she was, so she didn't need to pretend. It helped that she'd proven herself as a member of the crew, especially with her okay navigating skills and persuasive manner with dock workers. It helped that she had a bit of Arcane knowledge and was officially signed on as the Ship's mage. Only, she was no wizard and few thought her even capable of weaving spells. Much to their chagrin, and sometimes peril.

"It's the sea, Captain. She speaks to me and gives me leave to pull some of her power and kind of ball it up if you will, or coil it and tie it in different ways like that rope there. Then, I let it go and all those coils and knots all line up to do things like this. Kinda like without rope, our sails would be useless. Don't know any other way to describe it really, not having gone to an Academy or anything. Just makes sense to me."

She left it at that, and so did he. Then someone yelled out 'Sail on the port quarter', and she went to the rail like most everyone else to have a look.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-28-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2815
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
--APPLICATION COMPLETE--

Character App
right-aligned image
Name: Tinn-Tinn aka Teddy
Race: Bugbear - Volo's Guide Pg. 119
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)

Background Selection: Guild Artisan - Cook (PHB Pg. 132 - 133)

Personality Trait #1: I talk at length about my profession.
Personality Trait #2: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it --- I'm a perfectionist.
Ideal: Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood.
Bond: I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
Flaw: I'll do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless.

Posting Rate: I'm usually able to post multiple times a week (minimum of 2 times per week). I enjoy the RP portion of the game so involving myself with other players that like to RP and feed off each other is where I thrive.

Last edited by Reliq0770; 05-28-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1487
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
left-aligned image
Name: Durenal "Ren" Coppervein
Race: Hill Dwarf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Bard (Valor)

Description: Dirty Blonde hair is slicked back away from his chubby face; though it is unclear where on the ship he continues to find the fat to keep it so pristine. Ren would call himself "portly" but that is generous. He wears a fine set of clothing, obviously custom made to fit his specific body dimensions. By all appearances, he portrays the air of a confident, well to do merchant trader.

Personality: Jovial, and constantly smiling, Ren's dear mother would call him "a happy-go-lucky schmuck." Constantly out looking for fun ways to spend his coin, even when it's not currently in his possession, he enjoys fine wine, fine clothing, fine music; and while he can't always guarantee the first two, he is constantly ready to provide the party.

-X-X-X-X-
Charlatan
Trait #1Sarcasm and Insults are my weapons of choice....that and a nice rapier.
Trait #2 I LOVE a good insult, even if it's directed at me...
IdealThe stories, songs, and legends, of the past must never be forgotten.
Bond I sold my soul for my music, I hope my great deeds can win it back.
Flaw I'm always in debt. I spend coin on desires faster than I can bring it in.

Background: A Tale in Three Parts

Roleplay Section:
Ren's fingers hurt, he didn't know if it was possible to pull finger muscles, but his hands told him that it likely was. Aidan's stern expression, and watchful eyes ran over the stout Dwarf. Who was sitting idly on a stool, and propping up his instrument against his gut. "Come now Ren, if you want to be able to earn fame and fortunes, you'll have to learn to play for longer than 10 minutes before cramping." Walking over to the Dwarf, and taking one hand in his own, Aidan applied hard pressure to the meat of Ren's palm, rubbing briskly towards his fingers. After a few seconds, and to the Dwarf's great surprise; the pain had diminished, even if only slightly.

"Maybe you should teach me that trick, instead of forcing me to run scales for unending hours, Master?" Rend muttered quietly to himself, but unfortunately not quietly enough for the Elven ears to miss "I'll teach you that, and much more, but only once you have earned it, don't run when you haven't mastered walking yet, you stubborn Dwarf" Aidan's tone was gentle, caring, but with a steel in the words that Ren knew he could not break. He would gain nothing, no knowledge, no advantaged position, from continuing this interaction. "No, I think you've taught me everything you can today. I appreciate your time, but I want to learn more, and you don't see that I can already run." Ren pulled his hand free of his Half-Elven mentor, and turned to leave. "I don't think you've heard, but there's a new power in town, and I've got something to show the world"
Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 542
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Application
Name: Joseph Rogerson
right-aligned image
I need weapons!!

Race: Variant Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Fighter(Eldritch Knight)
Description: Joseph stands over 5 foot tall, wearing a custom made leather armor mixed with pieces of heavy armor over his muscular physique. His eyes are clear blue with ashen blonde hair. No one would have guessed that behind the standoffish appearance and deadpan stare holds a brilliant mind that has a great understanding in the arcane arts. The charismatic voice and gentle manners that accompanies with him often surprises people who thought of him as a simple grunt. To those that Joseph sees as a friend, he exudes an aura of friendliness and is an all around great drinking buddy. But to those that he views as an enemy, he won't be merciful.
Personality: Joseph has been in his fair shares of trauma, the warring land he comes from tends to do that. To this day, his still haunted by the battles his been in, by the villages that burn for the fuels of war, and by the blood he has spilled on his very hands. The only reason that he survived this far was cause of his intelligence, the allies his made, the girl he dreams to be with and his need to keep on surviving to go back home.

Background Selection: Soldier
Personality Traits: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Iím haunted by memories of war. I canít get the images of violence out of my mind.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
Bond: Iíll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.
Roleplaying Sample: "R-right away honored patron." The bartender squeaks at the sight of Joseph. His been in this tavern before, he caused a lot of trouble for the owner during his last visit, said owner then rushes to pull a key from a rack of similar keys"That'll be..." He looks at Joseph, then looks away. "On the house." he puts the key on the bar in front of you, then retreats as if expecting a blow.

Joseph received a message of a new contract that's about to set sail through new ventures, he didn't know who send it but he couldn't ignore an opportunity like that. Though the taverns mood has certainly soured when he entered, Joseph smirks to himself and then stands up on top of his bar stool and loudly proclaims,"DRINKS ON ME TONIGHT LADS, GO ALL OUT", he says, he flips only one gold piece towards the bartender, the bartender scowls at him but does as his told, the crowd belatedly cheer at Joseph's announcement, and the mood around the tavern lightens.

Joseph then notices a male human that has the looks and charm of a sailor, waving at him to come over. He does so,"I suppose your my employer, well you must have a fearsome reputation to intimidate Ol' Durkwick" he says, gesturing towards the bartender that's servicing free drinks to the patrons. The sailor responds with a chuckle,"Yes, while you see my friend, we are people of influence in Porta. Anyone that's lived so long in this town should have a right to fear us."

Joseph felt a bit of an uneasiness from his employer, he took a swig of his ale to numb it down,"So I've heard your ship has a need for an additional crew member. Now, I don't really know how to man a ship but I good with any of kinds of weaponry, and I'm not joking when I said any." he says, flipping a wooden spoon on the table and throws it, like a dart, at a wanted poster and it hits directly on it's head.

"Hmm, good, we could use men of your skills for this job. Though this won't be an easy one, but I trust that you won't disappoint us. But I guess only time will tell my friend, time will tell."
Old 05-29-2020, 06:00 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Mira
right-aligned image
Name: Princess Mira <-- Click to view sheet

Race: Genasi - Water

Alignment: CG

Class: Cleric - Water

Background Selection: Time-Lost Traveler

Personality Traits:1) I am far happier in ancient ruins than I am in other places.
2) I make sure to live life to the fullest, in the here and now.
Ideal: Protection. I have seen the horrors of history, and I will ensure they never happen again.
Bond: I must raise my fame and fortune to prove that I belong in this time.
Flaw: I believe earlier people were superior. I constantly complain about modern values.

Physical description: Mira's body is a smooth lithe hourglass figure with long flowing strands of auburn hair that often flows freely like water. She stands at 5' 8" weighing around 135 lbs (without gear).

Her eyes seem to take in the world around her with calm, detached all-encompassing perception. Being stared at by those eyes makes one feel that they can see everything about you, even the things one doesn't even know about oneself. Her composure almost never wavers although a smile is often seen on her face. Her voice has a pitch suitable for a young woman, but her intonation and vocabulary are thick with maturity and sophistication beyond her age.

She wears her family crest upon a necklace which is accompanied by a personal signet ring that can be used to identify her station.

Personality: Mira leads by example more so than words, she has a though competitive, especially with her brother - where they learn and grow from each othergood heart, enjoys life and tends to be whimsical at times. She enjoys listening and helping others or spending time at the temple Usually to keep her skills up, but also to train and hopefully become better than her brotherstudying with the others and one day hopes to walk alongside her father as not just a princess but also a High Priestess.

Background: Mira was born in Starfall (now known as the "Sunken City") and had lived her entire life there. Her mother died giving birth to her. However, being the daughter of King Vlad Valontus was not always the easiest as there were many things a Princess must learn, and being the youngest, Mira often competed with her brother Lord Percival.

In fact Mira had begun rigid training as a toddler. Her Father was often not home and out on some campaign or war. So he set up tutors and sent his children to the church to train along side other noble children in wide range of skills from the time they were six. As a King, it was important for his kids to learn to protect themselves. Playtime was limited but the occasional injuries occurred from "pretend fighting" with large sticks which ended when Mira got hit in the eye or mouth by her brother Percival.

In addition to typical training Mira had additional studies as well, diplomacy, etiquette, things that her position required. By the time she was 10, she would often accompany her father when he was in his throne room, holding public sessions. Mira would mingle and played with other children as their parents would meet.

Thus over the several years, she would meet with Father Leoric Hubert who would teach her "the basic skills she should know", during which he developed a personal interest in the young ones faith and combat abilities, guiding her to understandings of the flow of the "Water Domain", where she furthered her religious and combat training.

By the young age of 18, she was a full fled Priestess of Water and sent out on her "first set of assignments", only to During her assignment she encountered a magical whirlpool that sucked her up and flung her into a future she never knew existed...never return... Instead she found herself awakening on the shores of Porta, unbeknownst her home had fallen centuries ago.

Roleplaying Sample:
How Mira attuned herself to the Water domain thru guidance / prayer / meditation:

Something found in all things surrounded her, yet if one asked her to describe it, she would have said it was nothing. She was alone, yet connected to everything. It was infinite, but she was as one with it.

It was where she felt the most at home.

Mira's consciousness glided through an ocean of darkness at least that was how her mind interpreted it. There was nothing to move through, and even had there been light, there was nothing to be illuminated.

Yet through the dark waters, Mira searched. She searched for a thing unseen. She searched for truth unknown, but not unknowable. In the vast oceans nothing was unknowable. It was not a question of knowing, but of understanding.

Mira searched for the little lights, which were not lights, but colorful dots that show where each person or being reached into the vast ocean of life. Her mind gave each of them colors, translating what was more like a feeling into something she could define, or relate to. Through these colors she saw emotion and in some case the true essence of who they were.

She had searched for a very long time. She searched past anger, jealousy, fear Ė things that that the people would rather remain hidden. She let them remain. It was actions, not thoughts, which dictated a personís place in the world. Their thoughts dictated their place in the universe, and mankind had no business interfering there.

Then she found what she sought. That it took so long for Mira to find a being of such great power should have been a surprise but once she realized what she was looking for, it made much more sense. She was now one with water, one with the life stream.

Posting Template
-- WIP --

Last edited by kaylara; 06-01-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2557
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Name: Martin Brodrickson

Race: Protector Aasimar
Alignment: Neutral Good

Description: A man in his mid thirties Martin looks about a decade younger due to being an Aasimar. He has gold eyes with a slight glow and pure white hair that he keeps brushed back. On his face is a scar that he received from one of his more hysterical patients a few years ago.

Class: Cleric- Life Domain

right-aligned image

Personality: Martin is a man dutiful man who takes pleasure in his trade. Though his bedside manner could use some work. He also has something of an ego. He has been told most of his life he is special and that his job is to protect and care for others. So at a certain point they need start listening to him and let him fix them.

Background Selection: Acolyte ( Medicine instead of Insight)

Personality Traits:
Dutiful. I'm going to do what I'm meant to.

Sardonic. My bedside manner needs work.
Cheerful. But I'm happy to help you.

Ideal: Im just a doctor. It’s not on me to decide who needs healing. I just do it.

Bond: I have a duty to protect those in my care.

Flaw: I think I know what you need more then you do.

Character sheet
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=85834

Last edited by mjb; Yesterday at 09:52 PM.