Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Ancient Keoland
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2312
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Dramatis Personae

Please copy your character's background into a post here. Please include a link to your character sheet.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7251
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Yrse
right-aligned image
Name: Yrse the „Gale“ (aka Frost Maiden)
Race: Human (Variant), Fruztii (Suloise/Suel)
Class: Barbarian (intended: Path of the Totem Warrior)
Alignment: N
Deity: Osprem (N), goddess of voyages, ships and sailors
Background: Sailor (Pirate)

Physical Description: Yrse, standing at 5 feet 8 inches tall, is rather short for one of the Fruztii, even for a woman. Her small stature often makes others underestimate her, a mistake they usually don’t repeat. A lifetime of swimming in the stormy waters of Grendep Bay has toned the young woman’s muscles and provided her with strength, quickness and stamina. All pure-blooded Fruztii have pale, almost white hair and skin, but what is common in the lands of the north is extremely rare elsewhere, making Yrse a sight to behold. Unwilling to be seen as a porcelain doll for men to play with and deeply detesting her nickname, the „Frost Maiden“, the woman paints her face in the most „barbaric“ way she can think of. If paint isn’t enough to dissuade potential lovers and suitors, her stormy gaze usually is.

Personality: Yrse of the Fruztii is just as changeable as the sea she loves. The warrior is usually serious and will tolerate no nonsense, but will also laugh as heartily as a drunken sailor at a good joke. She is practical and realistic, but can also spend countless hours listening to the murmur of the ocean or seeing the waves crushing on the rocks. Above all, she is open to the world around her and the experiences it offers. She will fight her enemies, defend her friends, serve those she respects, steal from those she despises, laugh and weep, but anything she does, she does because she has chosen this course of action freely. No slave to fate or her own expectations, she will always try to make the best of a situation.

Trait 1: My respect is hard to win. I value skill, passion and commitment.
Trait 2: I have no time for playing with words or hiding behind my finger. I always prefer an honest, direct way.
Ideal: Optimism. The only thing that cannot be changed is death. Every other situation can be improved if one is clever and persistent enough.
Bond: I feel a strong connection to the sea. I often bring to my ear my conch shell and listen to the sound of the waves until sleep claims me.
Flaw: I am distrustful of men and their motives. They usually only care for a pretty face and a night of passion. I will not be reduced to „property“ for any reason.

Last edited by Elanir; 08-08-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Vymani Sillafu
Race: Human Variant
Class: Sorcerer (Divine Soul)
Background: Inheritor

Reaction to the captain's career change: Vymani understood, at a deep level, the idea of feeling a religious calling, so she didn't resent the Captain's decision at all. After all, this series of deliveries was probably the longest period of time she's kept one group of travelling companions since she left the Pale for the first time. On the other hand, she found it deeply surprising. Personally, Vymani could think of few things worse than spending the rest of your life in the same monastery, and he certainly didn't seem the type. Still, she thought, Given how much I love to see things that are new and different, I can hardly grouse when someone has a very different view to me on what constitutes the good life.

Why does adventuring appeal? Vymani loves variety, and no two dungeons are ever the same. Adventuring provides an opportunity to indulge her compulsion to travel. Additionally, she hopes to undertake the Endless Pilgrimage at some point, but would very much like to have saved up plenty of funds to do so, as well as improved her skills in order to safely traverse less oft-travelled parts of Oerth. She also hopes to locate the area depicted on her father's map, in order that she might return home just once more and tell her parents of her accomplishment.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 153
JohnGrady JohnGrady
Character Introduction
Name: Gnarik
right-aligned image

Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Rogue
Background: Criminal

Personality Trait #1: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.

Personality Trait #2: The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.

Bond: I'm guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it.

Ideal: People. I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)

Flaw: I turn tail and run when things look bad.

Appearance: Standing only 4’5” and weighing a shade more than 147 stones, Gnarik is smaller than the average dwarf. This was a fact his two, older brothers reminded him any chance they could. His light brown hair is thinning on the top resulting in his common practice to keep his hood pulled about his face. He keeps a feathery mustache and braided beard that hangs just shy of his navel. He has heavily tattooed arms that carry the scars of his life. He wears hardened leather armor under a patchwork of dark, worn clothing.

Personality: Coming from a lower class family, Gnarik knows his place and is respectful, if not, dutiful to his superiors. He never speaks openly about his past. Rather, the dwarf asks probing questions of his companions keeping the spotlight away from himself. He is stubborn but not argumentative, choosing to act rather than discuss. He does not fear death, having nearly died in a mining accident several years ago which prompted him to stop work as a miner and start a regrettable life.

Last edited by JohnGrady; 08-08-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 544
pallen pallen pallen pallen pallen pallen
Taen
Name: Taen
right-aligned image

Race: Human (variant)
Class: Cleric of Kord (Tempest domain)
Background: Sailor
Personality:
  • Trait: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
  • Trait: To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city.
  • Bond: I owe my life to the priest who rescued me from drowning.
  • Ideal: Respect. The thing that keeps a ship together is mutual respect between captain and crew.
  • Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.

Physical description: Taen is slightly taller than average, lean, and muscular. He has sandy brown hair, tanned skin, and piercing blue eyes. He proudly wears his holy symbol of Kord on top of his worn suit of armor and simple clothing. His typical expression is an innocent smile, as if he's just happy to be here.

Application: Since being rescued from a shipwreck, Taen has taken his direction from the signs that Kord sends him. Sometimes, it's a marking on a rock. Other times, the name of a tavern. These signs led him to the guard captain. And being a caravan guard wasn't that different from being a sailor on a ship. You take orders from your captain, look out for your crew, and deliver goods safely from one place to another. It was a natural fit.

When the captain swore his oath, Taen understood. The gods have a plan for us all, and if we're lucky, we're wise enough to follow their plan. But truth be told, he was a little disappointed when the captain didn't pledge himself to Kord. After all, it was plainly Kord that got them out of that scrape, and Kord doesn't ask anyone give away their armor and beg for a living. But the captain had made his choice, and Taen respected him for keeping his oath, even if the execution was a bit misplaced.

This turn in their fortunes seemed a good one to Taen. Guarding caravans was a noble profession, keeping people and their possessions safe from bandits and wolves. But he felt that Kord had bigger plans for him. There were bigger problems than highway robbery in the world, and all of the signs pointed to Taen's role in dealing with them.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1249
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Jekarrin "Jak" Quickstep
left-aligned image

Name:Jekarrin "Jak" Quickstep

Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)

Class:Rogue (thief)

Background: Criminal (Burglar)

Personality: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.

Ideal: I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.

Bond: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.

Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 353
ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah
HopeName: Hope
Class: Hexblade Warlock
Race: Tiefling
Background: Folk Hero (kinda)
Trait: She's constantly on the look out for things and/or opportunities others have missed that might make her more powerful, or just more generally able. Therefore she's quick to try and grab and interrogate anything strange or exotic seeming, and quick to explore any side tracks off the beaten path.
Ideal: Audacity. In her mind there is truly nothing she can't do, there are merely things that are temporarily beyond her, and even then she has to test her current limits to know where they really are
Bond: To her a hero, a person of renown, is not just a fanciful title, it is a role with important responsibilities to those who lack a hero's power. In her mind even if you cannot help those who are lesser than you, it is your responsibility to maintain an aura of calm, authority, and resolve, to take responsibility for those below you should you find them abandoned by others, and to act decisively on their behalf
Flaw: She is excessively self-confident, and truly believes there is nothing she can't do, and that her estimations of her abilities and of how the world is are always accurate

Last edited by ElilHroiRah; 08-08-2020 at 02:22 AM.