Game Thread Chapter 3: FORCEd RECON - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > An Untimely Encounter
twitter facebook
0 6 8 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 08:37 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13434
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 5,603
Monday, Week 1 ~ Day 2.1: Mackie Construction - 12:45 AM
Cinch looks over the building with her astral sight and tries to Astrally Perceive the building and finds it relatively mundane. No high-level magics have been performed in the building in the last few weeks; otherwise, she would be able to detect it.

Stranger admits his shortcomings and offers the use of his deck to Xōchipilli. There is a discussion of them working as a team, Xoch with Strangers deck, and Stranger with Xoch's commlink. Discovering he would have to crack open Xōchipilli's head to get at the man's commlink, Stranger had to sit and bite his nails as Xoch worked with the orcs deck. It's been a while since Xōchipilli handled a deck, but after setting a grenade at his side and jacking in, it came back to him. Xōchipilli had the camera hacked and looping the same thirty seconds of video in no time at all.

With a satisfied grin, Xoch jacked out, and handed Strangers deck back to the orc. Xōchipilli's success ended the hushed discussion between Mortar and Whisper about stripping down one of Mortar's drones to possibly lift Whisper up to the roof. Stranger rushed to the door to find no access port on the outside of the Maglock; Stranger quickly found the devices wifi signal and grinned. He got to work.

OOC:I'll update again once Strager has hacked the Maglock.
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Sep 23rd, 2020, 08:37 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13434
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 5,603
Monday, Week 1 ~ Day 2.1: Mackie Construction - 12:46 AM
right-aligned image


Xōchipilli quickly found the Maglock to the back door and easily faked the host's command to have it unlock. It was almost too easy for the former Aztecnology drone. He itched to do some more damage, so he looked for any cameras watching the door on the inside and sure enough, there was one on a South-east corner of T-6swivel mount, so it could look at the back door and then turn 90 degree's to look up the hall towards the front desk where Xoch could see the desk guard watching the cameras. No slacking off for Pinkerton Security, it seemed. Having the moving camera play, the same thirty-second footage was a sinch, but he had to make sure to get both halls before finishing the loop. Xōchipilli thought to use the cameras to find the second guard roaming about but felt his luck was stretched about as far as he was willing to stretch it and jacked out with a grin. Strangers baby monitor showed a whopping 6 threat rating for his intrusion from GOD. In and out with hardly a ripple.


OOC:
  • Remember, there are a pair of not shown on the mapdouble doors on the big office at the end of the hall on the second and third floors.
  • Now the only question is, will you go full stealth, full-auto, or a mix of the two?
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind

Last edited by Silk; Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Sep 25th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 24459
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 7,342
MortarIn quiet consultation in the shadows outside the streetlights, there is some discussion of dismantling the rotodrones so that they can haul a twiggy elf around. The discussion does not come from Mortar. He is all pursed lips and monosyllables as Whisper theorizes various breach points of the building.

It is some relief, then, when Xoch announces that he's gotten through the back door without raising an alarm. Mortar becomes more talkative once that's done. Loading his first round into the chamber (real rounds this time, heh heh), he turns to the builidng. "Aw, well, guess that won't be necessary." He flips down the visor to his helmet, signaling a closure of the conversation. "Need to keep it in mind for next time though. Definitely should be possible. Definitely."

Once the cameras are marked and noted as taken-care-of, Mortar saunters over to the back door. His harnessed rifle points to the sky, a leisurely threat to the world in general. Out of a satchel, he produces a small cylinder. Casually, he loads it into an under-mounted tube of his rifle. The word 'launcher' echoes uneasily in the minds of the runners nearby, and Mortar just gives a coy grin.

"Best strategy is usually start quiet and stay quiet as long as possible, huh? Then get loud faster than the other guy. And louder. If necessary." He looks around for the perfunctory agreement to his excellent plan. "So... what's the best way to start quiet? Sneaky girl?" He looks at Whisper. "Mojo?" He looks at Cinch. "Or send in the bugs." He doesn't look at anyone else, so he presumably means himself there, toting along his fly-spy.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Found Family, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 08:26 PM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is online now
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3350
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,880
I'm Going Ghost!
right-aligned image

"I'm not everyone" came the quiet reply

"In like a ghost, out like the grim reaper." Whisper answers Mortar subvocally through comms. He'll find it hard to lay eyes on her with her invisibility up.
"Why not all three? Extra eyes are always useful." and she moves up the side of the door ready to slip in.

All spoken word is subvocal
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 10:03 AM
Roekahs Roekahs is online now
I'm your huckleberry
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 1st, 2020
RPXP: 13360
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 4,634
The knot that has taken up residence in her gut still holds a tight grip, and only tightens when Xoch proclaims the way forward is open. It is not until that very moment that the hushed conversation between Mortar and Whisper sinks in. Oh, drek! We don't need to strip down a drone to get her up on the roof! Well ... probably. Ah, well. Too late now.

Though Cinch kicks herself internally, she says nothing. No reason to derail the path they are on now. Besides, it isn't like she has actually lifted a person with that particular magic, just some objects here and there. Now isn't the time to go experimenting.

Mortar's sudden gaze wrenches Cinch from her thoughts. Though she only absently caught the actual words, the flames that are suddenly - playfullly - flickering in her peripheral vision are a pretty decent clue as to what Mortar asked.

More thought control. The shiver that runs down her spine in protest is not nearly as severe this time, though. Could it be that she is getting comfortable with her heinous ability? The playful flames are the only response.

Softly, so as not to let the wavering in her voice give away her nerves, Cinch says, "I can keep things lowkey, but it is beneficial to have a scout ahead. Anyone they see, they will still be able to ID later. If I know what is coming I may be able to get to them before they see anything that would be bad."


OOC
 
__________________
Status: Iron DM judging is over!
GM: Sky Realm (Fate) | Blackbrooke (PbtA)
Playing: Cinch (SR) | Bazziox (13th Age) | Cassia(13th Age) | Jenny (PbtA) | Moemoe (Fate)
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13434
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 5,603
Monday, Week 1 ~ Day 2.1: Mackie Construction - 12:47 AM
right-aligned image


Xōchipilli handed Strangers deck back to him with a smile. Now that his part of the problem solving is over, Xoch waited for the others to do their job. Some discussed how to move on from here; however, now that the door was unlocked, Stranger opened it up and quietly looked inside.

The door opened in and hinged on the south on the mapleft so as not to block the See OOC for map changesstairs. The lights were off, but the big red EXIT sign above the back door filled the small ten-foot-wide hallway with an eery red glow, and to the right, there was a faint Possitioned up on the wall of the landing to shine up and downstairs at the same time.(dim light).security light illuminating the stairs above, so no one had an accident in the dark. Add in the row of half-full boxes and bags of whatnots that stretch from underneath the stairs to travel along the far S3 & S4wall, and it's a right spooky environment. Almost paradoxically, there is nothing against the they don't want to give any clients that show up physically the wrong impression. outer wall and hallway leading to the front desk.

As everyone peeks in or steps into the building, they notice the place is eerily quiet. Then suddenly, there is a sudden but faint squealing from farther in as some machine from the heating and cooling roomkicks in. As everyone decided what to do next, both Xōchipilli and Cinch heard footsteps from above and hushed everyone. As they stand in place, the sound of faint footfalls on concrete steps can be heard before the sound of springs growing and then the sudden noise of a door slamming shut right above their heads. From down the hall to the front desk came what sounded like someone cursing but that soon faded as well. From what everyone could I rolled everyone's perception, and you all at least got 1 hithear the other guard is on the second floor. Who knows how long his rounds will take?

OOC:
  • Lighting is Dim(-3 modifier for those without low-light or Thermographic vision) I hope I don't have to tell anyone that people should NOT be using flashlights here
  • Not everyone needs to go inside. Only Stranger has too, though I can't see Whisper hanging outside

  • Note #1: Messing with the boxes across the hall will require a check to see if you touch something that will fall over. They are stacked precariously. The hallway is effectively 5-7 foot wide.
  • Note #2: On the map, ignore the door to the stairs! It would just get in the way of the back door, and I don't know why I put it there.

    Sneaking rolls to be used when needed: Mortar 3 / Xoch 2+glitch / Whisper 3 / Stranger 2 / Cinch 1 hit.
    You guys are quite stealthy this time around.
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind

Last edited by Silk; Oct 4th, 2020 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 09:44 AM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13790
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 3,691
StrangerAt the moment, the other ork of the group was feeling a bit foolish and more than a little like dead weight. His squat bullpup lead-thrower was positioned in his mechanical hand. The strength of cyberware made what looked like a heavy gun seem more like a pistol to him. He was connected to his deck again, but currently that seemed unnecessary. He gave Xoch a side eye of professional jealousy before opening the door, slipping inside and watching the stairs as whoever was going to file in did so. He sent a message across to the group with mental commands.

<<By all means, stealth first. I have the front desk man if you want to focus on your drones, Mortar. Don't engage the guard unless it is necessary, Whisper. We don't know under what schedule he is in contact with the front desk.>>

Stranger wasn't exactly clumsy, but he wasn't a Whisper either. He took up a position near but not too near the wall of boxes and nodded at Cinch that he could cover her body if she wanted to go astral. He slid just the sight of his smartgun around the corner to keep a visual on the employee at the front.
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Oct 5th, 2020 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Oct 7th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 24459
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 7,342
MortarMortar continues to wait for others to take point at this phase. His rifle is at rest, pointing up in its harness, but the gyroscopes always makes sudden movement feel like walking against the tide for a few seconds. He's designed to be clunk and inertia, not slip and squirm.

Hearing the indication of footsteps above, Mortar consults his sketchy schematics of the building. Stairwell to the right. Two floors up. Someone must be on the second floor.

"Ay, I'll deploy eyes in the sky," he says quietly using his meat-voice, then realizes that is no longer wise. He shrugs but closes his trap. From one of the ammo pockets on his tactical vest, he pulls out his fly spy. For now, he can simply give it a mental command through his control console, and mark its preliminary destination at the corner of the second floor hallway. With an insectoid buzz, it takes off and darts towards the stairwell.

Via AR text, he sends a note, "If things get messy up there, I might need to jump in. Might not be handy with a gun for a few secs, if I do." For now, he opens the video feed to his drone in the corner of his helmet's head-up displays.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Found Family, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Oct 11th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13434
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 5,603
Monday, Week 1 ~ Day 2.1: Mackie Construction - 12:53 AM
right-aligned image

Whisper moves into her element, and as a ghost, nothing is herd accept the occasional pad of soft souls on threadbare carpeting. As Whisper advances slowly, Cinch hears something outside and quickly walks forward to peek around the dumpster. It turned out to only be a group of people getting into their car in the parking lot next to Mackie Construction. It may have been a false alarm, but it had still set the young woman's heart to racing. The one thing they didn't need right now was people walking past with the back door open. Xōchipilli, for his part, stayed where he was and sighed in relief as he heard the group Cinch was watching get into their vehicle and drive away to the north.

For the two orcs, Stranger's waited as patiently as he could manage, and Mortar stepped inside while seeing from his two and the drones twofour eyes at the same time. The flyspy flew up the stairs and perched on the wall. Thanks to the drones night and thermo vision, he figured out why the guard slammed the second-floor door. The door's tension was mangled and wound so tight it would cause the door to have a lot of spring tension when opening. More than likely, the guard's grip had slipped, causing the door to slam.

As Whisper approached the front entrance of Mackie Construction, she froze five feet from her target as the desk guard shook his head and tapped his earwig style commlink. "Hay, rook? Stop fiddling with the gain on your commlink. <pause> Well, I'm suddenly picking up your footsteps! Sounds like your stepping right congratulations, everyone! The first ACTUAL glitch of the game that means anything. 3 hits and 3 1's on the guard's perception check against Whispers 3 hit stealth. He heard her footsteps but thought it was something else I don't know if this is how glitches are supposed to work, but it sounds good to me behind me." The... disscusion continued for a little while and was more than enough of a distraction for Whisper to add a little narcoject to the guard's water bottle.

Moving back against the wall, Whisper and everyone waited for the guard to take a drink. And they continued to wait—first one minute, then two. The guard's conversations stoped and still nothing as three minutes pass. There is nothing from outside, nothing from the second-floor door where the other guard was, and nothing from the guard up front who was dutifully looking at his camera feeds. As the five-minute mark was fast approaching, the nerves of the runners must have been about frayed. Then suddenly, it was over. The guard picked up his bottle of water and drained it before tossing it in the trash next to him. Picking up the water bottle cap, he also threw it at the trash receptacle but missed. Looking confusedly at the cap where it had unknowingly rolled towards Whisper, the guard got up and took one step before his eyes rolled up in his head, and he fell onto his Not even going to roll his 4 body against 15 stun damage. He only has 10 stun anyway.face.

OOC:
  • As you can see, I added offices and bathrooms for if they don't want the clients to go upstairs often, then they would have to have them there Almost wrote myself into a corner there
  • @ Ghost: I could not find what drugs you had on your character sheet. Maybe I'm blind, but I just can't see it Since your drug of choice during the other run was Narcoject, I'll just use that.
  • @ Whisper: You can catch the guard with no rolls needed, or you can let him fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes. Your call
    Note:The guards were in communication with each other and might still be.

    Sneaking rolls: Mortar 3 / Xoch 2+glitch / Whisper 3 / Stranger 2 / Cinch 1 hit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mackie Construction CombatMap.png
Views:	78
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	87379  
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Oct 15th, 2020, 12:29 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is online now
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 3350
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 3,880
Mission Impossible Theme
right-aligned image

The way was open and in she went. She prowled down the hall and up to the first guard, on camera's. Plenty to distract him while she laced the inside of his water bottle. The last thing she wanted was for him to turn and see the floating lipstick tube. Then all she had to do was wait. He eventually took the bait, good... She caught him before he hit the deck, as satisfying a thump he might make, there was still another guard...

She located the first guard's comm and if it was unlocked quickly looked for some details [Name, family, if the channel was still open and how meny were in said channel. any details on the other guard.]

She mutes his mic before reporting into hers "Front desk is clear, Xoch take control." and starts heading to locate and neutralize the second guard, still carrying the first guards comm so if the second guard tries to check in she can pretend to be the first guard. Naturally she also turned the volume down.

All 'in Whisper speak' spoken word is subvocal
__________________
I have time...
Nothing survives contact with the players... Nothing.
Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari, Ebony
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Oct 15th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13434
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 5,603
Monday, Week 1 ~ Day 2.1: Mackie Construction - 12:58 AM
Whisper catches the Pinkerton Security Service guard before he hits the floor and gently lowers him to the ground before taking his earwig style commlink and quickly going through it. Surprisingly the Pinkerton Security Services actually took security to heart as the rating 4Sony CIY-720 was a bare-bones company-issued commlink with only one other commlink number listed on the device. No games, no personal information. It's possible Stranger and Xōchipilli could go through it and find out past commlinks it called in the past, but that is not what your after at the moment. A quick ruffling of the guard's pockets revealed no other commlink, but she did find the guards uniform was of the armored clothing variety and that he was armed with a stun baton and a Defiance EX Shocker like Mortars contact had said. Other than that, the guard had a pair of sunglasses and two inhalers of Jazz.

Done with her perusal of the security guard, Whisper headed towards the stairs and let Xoch know the desk was clear while forgetting about the lobby's camera. Whoever does head that way will notice the front desk's image with the unconscious guard on one of the screens. Once the camera is taken care of, it takes no time to realize this station is not hooked up to the Host, at least not directly. There is an external matrix interface, and the computer screens are receiving the camera's wireless signals, but no host access, which means you are not getting the plans from here.

As Whisper quietly makes her way up the stairs to the second level, she runs into a snag. When the other guard passed through here, the second-floor doors tensioner had made a loud noise before the guard let it slam shut, and it will make the same noise if Whisper tried opening it now. But then again, the guard is making his rounds, so all Mortar and her had to do was wait.

OOC:
  • Note: There is another camera in the lobby where Whisper and the Guard are located!
    • At this point, the camera can be taken care of by throwing the guards hat over the camera or something along those lines. Up to you guys on how you want to deal with it.
  • Need 4 hits on ANY mechanics skill to fix the second-floor doors tensioner! The difficulty is due to not wanting to make a sound.
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Oct 17th, 2020, 03:58 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 24459
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 7,342
MortarAs Mortar ascends the rear staircase, he gathers that Whisper has done her job well. He mumbles "Good," into his comm mic. He continues up the stairs, with flyspy zipping ahead as quickly as possible.

As he gets near the second floor hallway, he mentally types out a quick set of messages.

Comm Textquiet aint my thing. if i try an bring down 2nd floor guard it will get loud.

im thinkin post flyspy in 2nd floor hallway. ill link yall to the vid feed. thatll give us eyes on good time to move past. then ill go straight up to 3rd, not messin with chummer here on floor 2.

problems?

Whisper might have the gear to drop a guard non-lethally, but all Mortar has is the butt of a rifle and some stick and shock. Stick and shock is loud, and in his experience, fists and rifle butts don't drop people with a thwack like in the trids. It just makes them bloody and loud unless you keep pounding on them. Which they try their damnedest to avoid.

If Mortar is the inside team here, his main trick needs to be avoiding contact. Regardless what the rest think about his plan, for now Mortar works to position the flyspy in an inconspicuous spot, and himself out of line-of-sight.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Found Family, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 09:25 AM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13790
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 3,691
StrangerThe front guard was immobilized and Xoch was heading to the front to take over. The difficulty of a quiet run was in not letting anyone know you might have been there at all. But that opportunity, that onus, was over now and it simultaneously eased and increased their burden. The tall ork bend his mind to what would come next.

<<The goal now is not to trip any alarms. I'll see if smashing cameras will do that or if we can simply remove the evidence gatherers.

We need to make this look like it is something it is not. A simple burglary. A vendetta. Something unrelated to our purpose here.>>


Stranger checked the floors for other icons, potential sensors that might trip an alarm.
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 08:38 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is online now
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 13434
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 5,603
Monday, Week 1 ~ Day 2.1: Mackie Construction - 12:58 AM
Stranger looks the place over for wireless signals and finds very few that are not running silent. The only device detected on the bottom floor is the matrix connection coming from the lobby computer. There is a specialized lamp with wifi connectivity on the second floor, continually waiting to be digitally connected to a device and advertising its ability to be wirelessly adjusted to get the mood just right. There is a monitor or TV on the third floor that's not running silent and a Meta Link(R1) commlink that he can detect. Unfortunately, after digging into the if Stranger chose to do sodevice he found that it was a fresh commlink with no activity as of yet.

OOC:The guard's commlinks are running silent, and I figured the cameras, maglocks, heating cooling ventilation stuff, and the lights are also running silent. In this type of neighborhood, I can imagine a gager decker playing with such things

I tried thinking about what might be running silent and what might not in a small business as this. I hope I made it believable

Note: I lost access to the SR5 srd that I have been using at work and it appears they took a hammer to all the sites hosting a digital copy of the SR5 book so I'll have to limit my updates that require rulings to when I'm at home and have access to the physical book. <shrug> for everything else I'll just try googling it and hoping its not wrong
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind

Last edited by Silk; Oct 20th, 2020 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 12:27 AM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is offline
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 23388
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 12,549
Xōchipilli Xōch moved into the front office. He took a seat at the desk chair and spun around before noticing the camera.

Someone should do something about that.

Xōch looked around and noticed that he was alone in the office.

Well, may as well have a good time.

Xōch reached into his coat pocket and produced a small packet of white powder. He examined the powder in the light and gently rubbed the bag between his thumb and index finger.

Xōch clicked his tongue, and then smiled.

Dumping a neat line of powder onto the console, Xōch ran his nose along the cheap plastic and inhaled every grain of the magic white powder.

He felt his heart rate increase, his muscles tighten, and his blood vessels constrict. He was alert and he was ready, and then he leaned back in the chair and it all just felt right.

He spun around again.

Oh, yeah, the camera…

In the background of his mind Xōch couldn’t help but listen to the hum of the console and the music in the air.

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,


Spinning around again Xōch reached into the sleeve of this coat and produced a collapsible titanium baton and stood, making his way over to the camera.

Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you


Gracefully he glided towards the camera and pirouetted before slamming the baton into the front of the camera, no doubt rendering its useless to who, or what, watched from the other end.

Well you started out with nothing,
And you're proud that you're a self made man,
And your friends, they all come crawlin,
Slap you on the back and say,
Please, please


Stuck in the middle with you.

Smiling at the unconscious guard, Xōch dragged the man beneath the desk.
No…too obvious.

Then he dragged him next to a water cooler.

No… too translucent.

Finally, he settled with rearranging the location of a potted plant to a corner with the many curled up in the corner.

That’ll work.

Sitting back down at the desk Xōch spun around in the chair again, before stopping and looking at the computer screens.

I wonder if this thing can access something interesting and…adult.

OoC +1 Reaction, +1 Charisma, +1 Perception, +1 Social Limit, +1 Fun, High Pain Tolerance 1 for 8 hours.

I can't believe ya'll left me unsupervised.
__________________
Don't be afraid to use all the colors in the crayon box.

Last edited by wodine; Oct 21st, 2020 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB