Game Thread To the CallHill: Chapter 9b-The Blood War Book - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > To the Callhill > To the CallHill: the War of the Book
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 02:41 PM
fuerdrake's Avatar
fuerdrake fuerdrake is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 7185
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Posts: 4,036
Hans Olo aka Welby
right-aligned image


Hin Hide and Seek, the game where the youngest (hin) child made up the rules as the game went along. Where clever rule changes were admired. Where toddlers were allowed a few "I win" style games and then learned that if the game wasn't fun for all, then no one would play.

Hans had imagined, "Till I count to 1000" and then counting by thousands for a quick win. Of Hiding in an Empty field (the trick was to hide behind you human sized opponent, generally considered uncouth unless the human child had been truly awful). Of Hiding a Lie in the Truth (two truths and a lie, usually) popular when small children wanted to play with elders.

"Very well! Hin Hide and Seek!" rang out the devil's enthusiastic voice.

Damnation, that would teach Hans to make jokes out loud. He started to think quickly, as he saw a quick trip to an eternity in a worse afterlife rapidly approaching, just as he had predicted. There were oddly far too many decisions to be made in the afterlife. It wasn't all that different from life, Hans mused.

He had always imagined that there would be nothing after death, or perhaps just watching the world pass from the realms of wherever hin souls went, or perhaps a giant library to read about all the occurrences and thoughts of all the lives, either in the past or for all of time. Some wizard had once talked about infinities, and how some infinities could be larger than other infinities and yet both were infinite. Or maybe there would be infinite days of feasting and playing Hin Hide and Seek,

"As Mr. Olo spells out the rules, the rest of you think about the other challenges."

Clearly this devil knew the rules and had offered Hans the slimmest of chance by acknowledging Hans as the youngest hin present. Or maybe not. There was a small possibility that the devil had never paid attention to hin or halflings, which truly was the goal of most of his kind. Hans contemplated how to cement this advantage.

"Gardening?" came the tenuous voice of the elf druid. "Yes, gardening."

"I used to play Dragonchess," came the nearby but oddly distant voice of their former master mind, Kaden.

A small voice and then a woman starting talking enthusiastically about drinking games. Ugg, that would not end well for Hans. But in the end, it did. Drinking games commenced, and he was left with time to think of his rules.

Rule 1: No one other than me can change the rules from this point on
Rule 2: No magic, of any kind, no special senses or sight

Rule Last: I will not change the rules unless I think someone is cheating

The boat race began, a race of Han's mind vs. the drinking devils. How to get some help with Logic.

"Ah, Kaden, have a moment?"

OOC

Hin Hide and Seek: basically a kind of Calvin Ball

Move:
Action:

 


__________________
- - - - Fuerdrake

Last edited by fuerdrake; Oct 27th, 2020 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 09:42 AM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 23563
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 9,278
Maladomini
right-aligned image
Ingerou looked at the assembled teams. "The tiefling, imp, dwarf and human, and one more, against us..." Ingerou revealed a set of mortals off all different types, they slowly morphed and suddenly there were four devils instead of mortals. They all looked very buff and hale.

"This is Laser, Taser, Blazer, and Michel." The devils each took a seat, and urged their counterparts to do the same. A team of waitresses with cute red horns came out then, large bosomed and carrying large glass mugs of beer. They place them on the table, one in front of each competitor. "The rules are simple. Drink one at time in a relay, the next starts as the one before finishes. Last team done loses the round. Two out of three rounds." Ingerou looked at the mortals.

"Devils are quite hearty you know, but this brew will effect even us."


DMSo! One con save and one dex save per round from each of you. DC 15. The ale takes one round to drink. If you fail a save, it takes one round longer. I'll post results as we go! We will play out the other competitions one at a time. If you win 2/3 expect the devils to bargain for more contests!
__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bluejack; Oct 28th, 2020 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 06:17 PM
Maladict's Avatar
Maladict Maladict is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 4880
Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict
Posts: 714
Kaden Chelrid
left-aligned image
People talked while Kaden knelt, running his hands over the ground. A piece of his mind tracked everything that was being said for later analysis, but it wasn't his focus. Not until someone said his name, an event that had become rarer and rarer as the captivity wore on and the prisoners became less talkative.

Kaden's wide-eyed gaze snapped up to focus intensely on the halfling in front of him. Name. Finnan? No, he died. Garret? No, blonde. Paela? No, female. His eyes narrowed just a bit from the effort of remembrance. Milo, no, Corrin, no, Jasper, Harol, Lidda, Alton, Nevil, Fildo, Milo, no again, Lazam, Welby, Errich, wait! Welby! It had taken perhaps a second for Kaden to arrive at Welby's name - just long enough for the pause to start becoming uncomfortable. "Welby," Kaden croaked. "A moment? Hard to say." With a trembling hand he gestured broadly at everything. He turned his attention to his trembling hand, eyes narrowed in annoyance. None of that! he told it fiercely, and flexed it a few times until the trembling stopped. Kaden stared vacantly for a moment, most of his thoughts occupied, before a part of him noticed the halfling standing in front of him and he remembered. "Oh, Welby! A moment, yes. Most likely. How can I help?"

Last edited by Maladict; Oct 28th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 01:31 AM
fuerdrake's Avatar
fuerdrake fuerdrake is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 7185
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Posts: 4,036
Hans Olo aka Welby
right-aligned image


"Oh, Welby! A moment, yes. Most likely. How can I help?"

Hans looked at Kaden, concern and confusion etched on his face.

As Kaden was nearly at eye level, Hans stares the human in the eyes, furrowing his brow as he nearly squints at the human before cocking his head to the side like a curious cat who is very, very suspicious.

Kaden's flailing of hands was concerning enough. But the dead mage did not know Hans's name. That was borderline terrifying.

So Many Thoughts bombarded the hin's mind at once. Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt in quick course assail him, impale him, with storm giant force.

And in half a second, the quick fingered con man regains his composure, all evidence of unpleasant emotion evaporates. All that is left is a happy go lucky smiling halfling who confirms all your preconceived notions about the softness of his kind.

"Kaden, do you not know my name?"

OOC

We're gonna have some side conversation (I hope. Maladict, you up for it, if Mr. Jack allows?)

Insight: DC 12 to notice In Character Hans's utter panic (if you think your character is even paying attention)

Move:
Action:

 


__________________
- - - - Fuerdrake
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 01:43 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is online now
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 10630
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 7,701
Yihk
right-aligned image


Yihk looked at her server with obvious suspicion, immediately assuming some kind of trick, or an incubus in disguise. Of course it is an incubus Yihk, these devils know only deceit and trickery. She then darted out her hand to grab the raw meat from him and cradled it as though it were a long lost child, one of her eyes trained warily on the false man, the other looking at her meal of undeterminable meat. She wasn't sure what they had been feeding her over the months, but hadn't the stomach to ask. She missed the hunt.

With nimble and practiced agility, she begins to use her razor sharp claws to slice small pieces off of the raw flank roast she had taken from the false man. She tossed each piece into the air, and then her beak would dart out and snatch it from the air, an exercise in precision and reflexes, as well as mild entertainment for herself as others were going on about some boat race. She had hollow limbs, and was not interested in any kind of surface dwelling boat thing. Too risky, bones break too easily.

She couldn't keep the doppelganger out of her mind however. He was always there behind her, always watching her... she hated it. She hated the demons and she craved a fresh kill. What was he doing? What was he thinking? He watched her, brought her a mystery meat. This one was a trap, a trap, a trap, a trap...

As the talks and preparation for the boat trip event continued, she was almost obsessively preoccupied with the doppelganger behind her. The Incubus who was pretending to be of her kin. She hated it, and hated all devils. She knew, even if no one else did, that that "servant" was just waiting to slash her throat open. As soon as she lost her focus, he would strike. That was it then, she needed a kill, needed to be free, and needed to strike first.

Without warning, Yihk burst into action against the Eagle man, dropping the partially consumed meat she leapt out of her seat with talons outstretched with a screech, sinking her talons deep into the chest of the bird, reaching to his heart. Then her claws and beak ripped into the man's neck as though she were a wild animal, slashing and tearing while her talons sunk deeper into his chest. Only when he stopped moving did she stop her assault. Satisfied with her kill, and ending the threat against her, she hissed possessively at anyone looking at her as she crouched over her kill, her talons still imbedded deep in the thing's chest as she cocked her head back and forth looking for the best spot to begin eating her fresh kill. She decided to begin to peck at his stomach to reach the juicy organs inside him, they had the most nutrients, they would help her to stay strong...

It was not a clean kill, but her animal instincts were ruling her more often than not in this horrible, horrible place, and her need to kill was sated, as her hunger soon would be.

 


 


 


__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Oct 29th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Maladict's Avatar
Maladict Maladict is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 4880
Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict
Posts: 714
Kaden Chelrid
left-aligned image
"Kaden, do you not know my name?"

Kaden froze, even his trembling hand falling into immobility, and panic shot through his consciousness. Name? I got it wrong?! No, no, no, no, no- For the first time in a long time all his disparate thought processes converged and his full attention came to bare on the situation. Internally Kaden was freaking out. His mind was his most powerful and prized asset, more so even than his magic - magic, must cast, no, bad, pain, mustn't - and if he couldn't rely on his vorpal-sharp intellect and encyclopedic knowledge...what was the point of him? If it even is me any more. No mind no me, broken mind broken me, no, no, no- Kaden wrenched his train of thought back onto track, bearing down on the problem at hand. Focus! The name. Hin, male, Corkscrew-Volos, portal, undead dragons - zombies? dracoliches? irrelevant! - argument, Book, mushrooms, river, dragon turtle, walking, snow, hills, freezing, temple, fire, FIRE, Outland, demon, capture, prison, torture, pain, pain, pain, outside, sky, ground, here, halfling, hin, WELBY! Still the wizard didn't move. Welby, no, not Welby, but I was so sure but no no no no-

The entire process had taken perhaps six or seven seconds - an eternity for someone who thought as quickly as Kaden did. He looked helplessly back at the smiling halfling, who clearly was as cheerful as the hin always were. What play? Admit? No, can't show weakness, not here. Also embarassing. Cover? How? Impossible. No, honesty. Trust. Need to rely on each other. Especially if I'm... Kaden opened his mouth to admit the depth of his problems, but at the last instant his pride took over. "Sorry, slip of the tongue, a lot on my mind at the moment, you know." He smiled weakly at the halfling. "Umm...embarrassing, but it's quite escaped me. Umm...remind me?"

OOCThis probably the first time anyone present has actually heard Kaden say "Umm"!

Last edited by Maladict; Oct 29th, 2020 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 25783
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 9,322
“Tezzra"
left-aligned image
Seeing that she was the lightweight in the contest, not counting Xoz's bird bones, Tezzra sat herself at the front of the boat and stared across at the devil bro's on the other side. She rolled her eyes at the wanna be drinking gladiators and she wanted nothing more than to smash the smug look from their faces. "Get ready boys... or should I say... bitch, bitchy bitch, bitcherstein, and bitchy Ms. Bitcherson?"

Tezzra waved her middle fingers at the devils until the competition started. In a flash, the demon girl grabbed her ale and began to down it, even as she started to gag. "Piss ale?" she screamed, flames erupting all around her and just as quickly disappearing. "You couldn't even splurge for the good **** you cheap ass bastards!" Tezzra continued to yell as she forced the horrible pale ale down her throat.

Finishing her cup, even as she almost upchucked, Tezzra tossed her cup in the air, the vessel spinning in the air to land perfectly between her two orange glowing horns. "Get some boys!" she said as she still fought to keep from throwing up.
OocFail con, pass Dex

Actions & Rolls
 




Stat Block
 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Gm: Curse of Strahd, Way of the Wicked, Call from the Deep, Dragonlords, Edgewatch, and Masks of Nyarlathotep
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 10:51 PM
creed's Avatar
creed creed is offline
Novel writing fiend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 11374
creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed
Posts: 3,837
Orin Ironfist - Is this hell?
right-aligned image


The imp kept harping on about how he'd be on the losing team, how it'd be so great, and on and on about things that he promptly tuned out. He saw the table with a pack of demons on the other head, looking pleased as punch to be there. On the table were five mugs filled with something that he hadn't had in over five years.

Ale. Sweet, cold ale.

The imp kept buzzing around like an annoying bug. He looked at it as it kept moving around grinning like a jester, and he had a thought. If he was quick enough, he could crush it with his fist, it's size being small enough to do it with ease. How lovely that would be, to silence this little pest. He looked at his hands, and realized that the strength that he once had was far in the past, the strength in his hands and arms noticeably wasted from him form these long years in capacity. No, he knew there was no choice, but at least he could have a drink before the end.

Assuming it wasn't a trick.

"Do you see this fair, demonic maiden behind and above me, human? This is Tezzra. Tezzra. With her on your team we are unstoppable. Yes! Unstoppable! Hahaha! Let's do this! Me loves this! Hahaha!", the imp cackled, buzzing away before his thin strands of common sense and sanity tried to crush it like a bug. "That'll make one of us...", he replied in annoyance and resignation, sitting at the table flanked by the dwarf.

He grabbed the mug, sniffing it slightly. He could feel the coolness of the mug, the hint of alcohol telling him it was a strong ale. With a practiced motion honed by decades of near daily practice, he slammed it back in one gulp. The effect was immediate, as if a Lesser Restoration had been cast on him. HIs senses perked up as the cool liquid flowed down his throat, relieving the parchness that he had been suffering from for what had felt like forever. 'Bit spicer then I expected', he thought to himself as he put the mug on the table a bit more forcefully then he expected. He belched loudly, a slight burning sensation following briefly as he said only one word.

"More."

OOCYou invited a drunk to a drinking contest.



 

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Oct 30th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
... in his element!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 15975
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Posts: 3,657
Ulgrum Thrulgar – That’s one
right-aligned image

”Hey, pass me that pack please” Ulgrum called to one of the flunky demons – the stool was set so low, only his nose reached the table. ”Thank you, thank you” he said climbing on top of the cushion and propping his elbow on the tabletop.

”Oo hello again!” he said to Orin as the man sat besides him ”You up for this bit of fun too!” the jeweller smiled at the grumpy man.


But the man simply grabbed the ale and threw it down his neck with a burp and a More.

“oh dear, we’re off are we … hang on, here I come” mumbled Ulgrum.

He held the mug cupped in two hands, lifting it to his lips …


GULP … GULP …GULP it went down

GULP … GULP … GULP some more

GULP … GULP … GULP

And finally it was down.


”Ahhhh” said Ulgrum, wiping the froth from his bear ”May I have another one please.”

He smiled and gave Orin a salute.

ooc
That’s 21 CON and 7 DEX


Action Block and Stats
 


 


 

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Oct 30th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Warson's Avatar
Warson Warson is offline
To the Callhill
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 9769
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Posts: 1,833
Boat Race: Round 1
left-aligned image
Xoz
"Hahaha! Heh!" came from the excited red imp and he clapped his hands as Tezzra mocked their devilish opponents and began the game. "Go, Tezz! Go! Hehe!"

"Piss ale!" the demon touched girl screamed.

More laughter from Xoz then. "Hahaha!" Clap, clap, clap... "Hehehe!"

The tall human, the one called Orin, was next up and he simply destroyed the mug of nasty ale. Simply destroyed it.

"Yes, we will win! We will win! Hehe!"

As the dwarf grabbed his own mug of grog, Xoz looked about at the kneeling human, the winged one called Yihk who was enjoying eating a recent kill, the one-eyed man, and the halfling who was most likely preparing for his game of Hide and Seek. "Come on, now," Xoz called out to each of them. "We need another for the game! Hurry, now! Sit by me here on the end! Hurry!!!"

The imp then looked back to the dwarf named Ulgrum who was almost finished with his mug. As he finished, Xoz the Imp picked up his own mug of 'good stuff' with his two small hands and started chugging the dark amber liquid as fast as he could.

When the mug was about half way empty (or was it half way full?), Xoz began to feel a little funny. In fact, he started to feel a lot funny. As he finished the mug that was bigger than his head, he slammed down the thick glass container and watched the space around him start to spin around and around.

"Heh," he said as he watched the devils on the other side of the table waver from side to side. One of them started to look like two of them. "Heh." It seemed that Xoz' enthusiastic energy had somehow been zapped out of him.

"Uh, Tezz," he called out to his friend at the other end of the table. "Me think this won't be so easy after all. No. Me think this won't...be...burp!...so...easy...burp!...after...all."


 


 
__________________
To the Callhill: Kavis Kaal: Descent into Avernus (5e) | Sain: Eberron Escapades (5e) | Aeolus: OotD (5e) | Zen: Heart of the Shadow (5e) | Jag Jaff: Dead Suns (Starfinder)

Last edited by Warson; Oct 30th, 2020 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Updated Rolls.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Oct 30th, 2020, 05:28 PM
fuerdrake's Avatar
fuerdrake fuerdrake is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 7185
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Posts: 4,036
Hans Olo
right-aligned image


Kaden's distress was palpable. Cheers and groans showered the pair as the contest proceeded. Hans gave it no mind.

"Umm...embarrassing, but it's quite escaped me. Umm...remind me?"

Hans pondered how to sooth this savaged soul. Yet the hin had his own fear: the mage did not know. What did that mean?

"It was Welby." Hans paused

"For a while. Pleasure to meet you a second time. My name is Hans."

Hans waited a beat for the information to sink in.

"The problem is that Hide and Seek among the hin is a game that changes the rules as the game is played. So, I need some help setting some rules where the devils can't cheat."

OOC


Move:
Action:

 


__________________
- - - - Fuerdrake
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Oct 31st, 2020, 11:02 PM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 23563
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 9,278
Maladomini
YihkYihk could not get the aaracockra copy out of her mind. Her avian brain felt the worm of it's existence burrow into her mind, and she had to make it stop. The sudden surge caught the devil by surprise, and the illusion of the bird-man was gone. Yihk tore into the revealed devil, a strange looking male covered with a sharp cutting beard and holding a dull grey glaive.

Her skills were deadly, even in the weakened state. She rent the chest of the Barbazu, and black ichor flew in spatters on the grounds in front of Azalea. Other devil's passed by and ignored the combatants, but the bearded devil cried out for help. "My soul, my soul!" he yelled to Yihk, using the only language he thought she might know. The soul substance of the devil flew apart with the flesh.

In a few moments, the devil was torn to bits. Blach gunk covered Yihk, and the monk began to feel quite ill. She tried to eat more, but realized the devil would make her even more ill. She regurgitated quickly to save herself. As she fought the flesh of the destroyed devil, a loud tone rang overhead. They could here Ingerou as he used his magic.

Yihk fell to the ground, and began to writhe on the dark maroon grass of the courtyard."The mortals win hunting."Ingerou sighed.

Mortals 1, Azalea Employees 0.


The Rules of Halfling Hide & SeekKaden and Hans discussed his true name in Maladomini, and it dawned on Hans that maybe Welby might have been better instead of his true name. That aside, The clever halfling and the third smartest man in Abeir-Toril had to develop rules to a game that they could win.


The Boat Race
A whistle blows and the first round starts. Soon the table is surrounded by the devils and petitioners. Everyone is laughing and cheering for the two teams, oblivious to the shenanigans going on with Yihk and the doppleganger. As each drinker picks up a beer the devils chant the name of the opponent, while the two hags chant the names of the C-Vs and UMEUs.

The race is neck and neck, with the devils pulling slowly ahead until the stout Ulgrum seizes on his dwarven heritage and chugs the ale in mere moments. The anchors, Orin and Ingerou, struggle surprisingly. But Ulgrum's quick drinking allows the mortals to pull out the first round with moments to spare. Ingerou let's out a massive belch, then looks a bit sheepish. The surrounding devils razz Ingerou and the team, while others pat the mortals on the back.

A few moments later, the second round comes. Ingerou smiles. "And now the boilermaker!" The servers put down another ale, then a small shot of some pungent whiskey next to the beer. "Enjoy!"

CharacterDex(Rounds)Con(Rounds)PC RoundsTeam Rounds
Xoz7 for 2 Rounds7 for 2 Rounds44
Tezzra19 for 1 round9 for 2 rounds37
Ulgrum7 for 2 rounds21 for 0 rounds29
Rain18 for 1 round12 for 2 rounds312
Orin14 for 2 rounds13 for 2 rounds416

CharacterDex(Rounds)Con(Rounds)PC RoundsTeam Rounds
Laser7 for 2 Rounds20 for 0 Rounds22
Blazer14 for 2 rounds7 for 2 rounds47
Taser10 for 2 rounds21 for 0 rounds29
Michel4 for 2 rounds10 for 2 rounds413
Ingerou7 for 2 rounds5 for 2 rounds417

DM Contests; Mortals 1, Devils 0. But at what cost to Yihk? Boat Race Round 2: Mortals 1, Devils 2. This time DC 15 Dex DC 17 Con!
 

 


The Book of Orcus Campaign
 


 
__________________
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 08:19 AM
Halcyon's Avatar
Halcyon Halcyon is offline
Shrubber
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 23386
Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon
Posts: 8,409
Slade Sutherlind
left-aligned image
Slade's head perked up the moment that Yihk attacked her duplicate. His back straightened and shoulders squared, the man seemed to be standing at attention. A strange light glowed from his empty eye socket when unbeknownst to anyone else a wispy, familiar voice in his head whispered with surprising conviction, "Go... Go now."

His actions now beyond his control, Slade felt himself propelled forward woodenly, toward the horrific scene of the aarakocra claiming her kill. Forced by whatever was controlling him to watch the carnage unfold, Slade began to scream... at least in his mind. His lips were frozen together and only a weak mewing sound escaped for anyone close enough to hear.

"My soul, my soul!" cried the devil, and the voice in his head answered, "Yesss.... faster..."

Slade stumbled up to the corpse as Yihk began her feeding. He had come recklessly close to the huntress who suddenly looked up at him, ichor dripping from her beak, ready to tear his heart out as well. He was in fact going to steal her kill, though it was not him that was controlling his actions. Out of the corner of his eye he watched the bird's feathers puff up and her body tense for a lethal strike. Slade's mewing got louder but his puppet master whispered, "The last breath escapes... come to me..."

Slade's hand clamps down on the Barbazu's forehead. Yihk's inevitable retaliation does not come, her body beginning the violent process of rejecting her infernal meal. The light emanating from Slade's eye socket flashes brightly, then Slade collapses next to the corpse. The forehead of the Barbazu smokes where his hand had been. It has been charred into a fine grey ash by some strange magic which continues to consume the rest of the head as Slade's prostrate, unconscious form does not stir.


 

 
__________________
Here's a little tip that I would like to relate,
Any fish bites if you got good bait...

Last edited by Halcyon; Nov 1st, 2020 at 08:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 08:20 AM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 25783
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 9,322
“Tezzra"
left-aligned image
By the time the second round started, Tezzra was done with the boat race. The piss beer was impossible to drink but even more, she saw a bird man… When did this guy get here?... she saw the bird man absolutely rend and shred a devil to bloody pieces.

Distracted as she was by the bird’s entertainment, Tezzra was a sloppy mess with her leg of the boat race. She spilt her cup of ale all over the table and needed to wait for a quick refill… which was not all that quick. Eventually she was able to choke down the beer and she threw her cup at the devil across from her, bouncing it off its prodigious forehead.

“Suck it.” She said simply as she slammed the shot down and then turned to watch the bird writhe in pain on the floor.

“You kill devil’s, you moron!” Tezzra called over as she shook her head. “You don’t eat them! I’d help you but I’m in the middle of something here. You’re gonna have to wait a bit."

"Don’t die.”


OocFail con, fail Dex

Actions & Rolls
 




Stat Block
 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Gm: Curse of Strahd, Way of the Wicked, Call from the Deep, Dragonlords, Edgewatch, and Masks of Nyarlathotep
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 12:15 PM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
... in his element!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 15975
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Posts: 3,657
Ulgrum Thrulgar – And two …
right-aligned image

Ulgrum was panting a little as the first beer settled in his stomach.


Peering over his glass, he watched as the strange bird creature set upon the serving-demon. In a flurry of feathers the things lay dead as her feet, and she tore lumps from his with her beak …

”Hey!” called Ulgrum to her ”If you can save some of that ichor, I may have a use for it!”


But just then, before he saw the ill-effects the poor thing was suffering, the next glass was banged down in front of him, accompanied by a small shot glass.

”And now the boilermaker!” Ingerou called.

”Oh dear …” he said, nudging Orin ”On to the serious stuff …”

“slow and steady now, don’t spill it” he muttered to himself …


GULP … GULP …GULP it went down


GULP … GULP … GULP some more


GULP … GULP … GULP


And finally it was down.


“n-now for you my beauty” Ulgrum muttered, picking up the shot glass.

And he knocked it back in one, screwing up his face and coughing with the heat down his throat.

”Oooh – be careful with that one bud … its got a kick” he said patting Orin on his back.


ooc
That’s 17 CON and 14 DEX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB