Game Thread Bingo Heist - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 05:33 PM
Wishkamon's Avatar
Wishkamon Wishkamon is offline
Literal Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5962
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Posts: 1,023
Agetha rhyneheart
right-aligned image

As the triplex OAPs careered down the increasingly chaotic corridore, Agetha hummed a husky tune, a sly smile pinned to her garishly painted lips. Bouncing across toned shoulders like this did remind her ever so much of the finale from her show . In which her perfect body (in flawless casual recline position) was passed between several buff and harnessed, topless, oiled men before being ‘tastefully dampened’ by a downpour of water and glitter. ‘It’s Reining Men’ Betty was neither harnessed, topless nor oiled, but her buffness could not be denied. Agetha had to admit she was impressed as they hurtled down the corridor, deftly avoiding (most) obstacles in their way, however she was less impressed with the barbarian’s shy handling of the attractive wood elf as they skirted around the couple. Betty spoke to Noctis’s chest, and Milo nearly got the dong, meaning that the Agatha was the one who got to deal with a few seconds of that handsome face.

"Oh! Hello there, Noctis. Fancy seeing you here." Betty mumbled shyly.
"”Secure your equipment boy! Believe me, I tried to get them to approve naked duels here; too many prudes!"”" the invisible halfling piped in.
And Agetha merely stared the fellow straight in the eye, inhaled from her cigarette and exhaled it into his face as they picked up their momentum again.

She usually enjoyed flirting with married men- give the poor bastards a little pick me up after decades of mind numbing domestic bliss- but Noctis had been blunt and unforgiving in his rejection of her attentions, and she had never forgiven him.

”Oh, don’t waste your time on him darling,” she cooed into Betty’s ear,”I could set you up with someone twice as handsome and three times better equipped… Did you ever meet Mungo James Senior? Owns stocks in-”

Just then a red hot streak of fire and sparks tore through the air above them and distracted her completely. Carver came into land ahead of them like some predatory animal, looking truly fired up in all senses of the word.
While ordinarily she preferred men with a little more class, there was something undeniably loin-warming about the primal alpha-energy that oozed from the man.

”Now there’s a man I could get my teeth into...” she growled, lips curling into a smile as she remembered the way he had looked at her before. ”Betty, you simply mustintroduce us… do his eyes always do that… flamey thing? I’ll introduce you to Mungo tonight at bingo, OH! We could double-date! Were... you going to be wearing… that?”
She might have been perfectly happy to enjoy her free ride, nattering away on the B-train without physically exerting herself at all, but then Fat Stanley and Hee-Haw pulled up alongside.
Something about how that little donkey just kept going, pulling away at the reins with no concern for his aching back… it really was inspiring...it inspired her to do her part in...whatever this was that they were doing.
She wriggled herself into a slightly better position, using her tail to provide a little extra support around Betty’s waist, and readied a crossbow bolt.


 




OOC
Complication- 3- inspired fidgeting.
Movement - none
Action- I’m holding my action to fire a crossbolt at anyone who looks like they are coming to attack us. (10 to hit, 5 damage)
Bonus action- roll for perception. (24)

__________________
My bones are lazy, but my soul's on fire.
Agetha - Philamine - Ches - Daigen
  #137  
Old Oct 24th, 2020, 01:38 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Round 3: Wrap Up

 

Things are certainly heating up in the Spinerinn... Like... Literally... Things are actually on fire. Between the Molotov Cocktail and Carver's magic, the torrent of flames is steadily building. The flames continue to lick the rope holding one of the chandelier's in place and it clearly won't hold for much longer. You can already see the rope beginning to fray and if it falls, it would create a serious hindrance for anyone on the wrong side of it.

The Wildleaf couple, Noctis and Verona, continue fighting their respective opponents, holding back the onslaught of encroaching enemies, while Red Waddle looks like he's brewing up another spell of some sort.

Milo narrowly avoids an encounter with some low-hanging fruit while Agetha ponders future matchmaking prospects. The feline femme fatalle maneuvered her way into a more comfortable position on the shoulder of Betty, while brandishing her crossbow and looking ahead. They were more than halfway through the hallway and there were only 2 off-shoots remaining between them and the Foyer. If the previous off-shoots were any indication, there would likely be enemies waiting to trip them up or slow them down. The Foyer, however, looked far more spacious and seemed strangely calm considering how chaotic things have been up until this point.

The Township Activity Planning Committee, with Jaarl Carver LeFey in tow, were making short work of the hallway and the many perils it provided. It seemed that the only person falling behind was the gentleman spy, Sir John Alias. A predicament that he, undoubtedly, would soon rectify...


Round 4: StartTop of the Round --- John's Turn





DM Instructions

There are 3 Milestones between here and the Common Hall.
DM Instructions

The Spinerinn = The hallway that connects Valhalla's Meade Hall to the Foyer. This Hallway is approx 20 feet wide and has multiple hallways that branch off of it.

The Foyer = The central hub of Old F.A.R.T's. This is where the guard barracks, a lot of high-level staff's offices, various vendors, and Caspian of the Endless Arches reside. This area also has hallways that lead to the various wings of the community.

The Main Hallway = A simple hallway that leads to the Common Hall where large events are held.

I will update you all and let you know how much further to each of the Milestones once you all exit the Meade Hall.

Because Betty and Milo both rolled a 16 on Initiative, you can both act at the same time.

Please remember that you need to roll for a complication at the beginning of your turn each round of combat. The list of complications is under the Chase Rules Spoiler below.

If there is any relevant info about the surrounding area that you want to know, just ask (either in your post or through discord) and I will assist with providing that information.

 


 


 


 


 
__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"
  #138  
Old Oct 25th, 2020, 10:41 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13064
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 2,688
The Chase Scene
right-aligned image
Recovering from his little hopping dance, John set off down the hall, picking up the pace quite a little once he realized just how far he had fallen behind. It took him only a few seconds to realize just how bad an idea running down a hallway that was rapidly filling with smoke. Phew. Chest heaving and lungs burning was no way to go through life, son. He slowed markedly for a few feet as he passed near Verona, giving her a confident little bow. Normally, he distrusted elves vehemently. But there were exceptions. Attractive, female exceptions for the most part. Besides, he was pretty sure she wasn't a red elf. He thought she and her husband might have been green elves... or did they prefer, 'Sylvan Aelfheimians'. He could never keep up with all these newfangled nomenclatures. Back in his day, a knife-ear was a knife-ear!

"Verona, my beloved. Still married?" John glanced across the hall towards the other hallway and saw, well, rather more of Noctis than he was accustomed to. He had brief flashbacks to one very drunken night involving a widowed countess and her boy-toy. He had done his kingdom's duty and retrieved state secrets from her in the way he knew best. He briefly wondered if these two would be interested in something like that arrangement... and if Verona would be worth the price of admission. But now was not the time. He gave a rueful shrug and a wink to the female of the species. "Still married." Then he kept going.

Catching up with the others, he shot them a little smile and tried not to look nearly as winded as he was from the little jog down the hall. "What say you, chaps? Let's keep going, see if we can't get to the bottom of all this!"

He noticed the nearly burned through chandelier rope, he grinned a devious little grin. "Let's see if we can't give those folks back there something else to deal with." With a broad flourish, he ran one hand along the lining of his cloak and came up with one of the numerous throwing knives secreted about his person. A mere flick of the wrist was all it took to get it spinning through the air on the way to those last few strands of fiber. "Look out below!" He called out to the two elves still engaged with their foes in the side hallways.

OOC
 

 
__________________
I have returned - catching up.

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseJohn Alias

Last edited by hafrogman; Oct 25th, 2020 at 11:05 AM.
  #139  
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 02:48 AM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
 


Round 4: NPC's and Baddies Turn



 


Verona Wildleaf
right-aligned image
"Oh! Hello, John!" Verona cheeks go flush a bit as the debonair gentleman makes, yet another, pass at her. Unfortunately, this brief lapse in concentration creates an opening for the Halfling Barbarian opponent to slam his club into her shin. Verona winces, noticeably and refocuses on the tiny enemy in front of her. Speaking through perfectly straight and pearly white clenched teeth, she excuses herself from conversation; "One moment!"

Her blades were more of a whirlwind than anything else. She capitalized on every opening, sending sprays of blood to blanket the nearby walls.

"RRRRRAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Her scream was violent and furious as blood dripped from her face.


 

Noctis Wildleaf
left-aligned image
"Yes, John!" Noctis says, as he admires his wife's display of carnage and fury. "She's still very much married... To me!"

It almost wasn't fair that this man was allowed to be an elf. Backlit by the flames, time seemed to move in slow motion as the orange and red flames reflected off the beads of water and sweat that were cascading down his magnificently sculpted frame.

The rippling musculature...

The washboard abs...

The crossbow bolt that penetrated his bath towel and lodged itself deep into his muscular left buttcheek?

The look of pain and embarrasment as John smiled at him as he passed the elf by...

The bruised ego...

And, in the distance, the slight chuckle from his wife...

All he could do was turn and face his opponent, in shame...


The Chandelier
right-aligned image
John noticed the nearly burned through chandelier rope, he grinned a devious little grin. "Let's see if we can't give those folks back there something else to deal with." With a broad flourish, he ran one hand along the lining of his cloak and came up with one of the numerous throwing knives secreted about his person. A mere flick of the wrist was all it took to get it spinning through the air on the way to those last few strands of fiber. "Look out below!" He called out to the two elves still engaged with their foes in the side hallways.

The massive masterpiece of a chandelier comes crashing to the ground, sending sparks flying and adding to the flames already beginning to consume the hallway. But, as John watches the Chandelier crash to the ground, he immediately feels grateful that he did so. Not only did Verona see this flourish of skill and begin to blush, but he also notices more smiling fools have begun their pursuit. It would appear that they have managed to subvert Druurzar and follow after the group. This obstacle would surely hinder their progress.


Smiling Fools
left-aligned image
They look absolutely creepy, retaining their normal size, shapes, and colors, but wearing the same sinister smiles. A smile that looks rather painful and forced.

As John races by, the half-orc that was blasted into the wall by Red Waddle lashes out with his longsword, but misses entirely, as he can barely brace himself against the wall.

Regaining his bearings, however, he turns his attention to the short, elderly woman that is carrying a lavish Agetha diva wielding a crossbow on one arm and a gleeful, undisturbed Milo in the other. Longsword Attack vs Betty = Hit, 10 DamageThe orc tightens his grip and slashes at Betty, the blade biting deep into her back, drawing blood.


 

Red-Waddle
right-aligned image

"Pffft... Grandpa Gobbler just wishes he was still as cool as we are, right fellow kids?" Well, Milo wasn’t about to let this old bag get in their way. Pointing one solitary finger gun at a spot behind the old man, the bodacious halfling conjured up the most terrifying and frustrating thing an old person can fathom.

As the invisible force wove itself into existence, a singular phrase began to ring out repeatedly in response to each of Red-Waddle’s gripes in the voice of a group of adolescents, echoing out at him repeatedly from the darkness: "OKAY BOOMER!!!"

The old turkey could feel the rage beginning to well up inside of him. He reached up and plucked a single feather from his chest and spoke the incantation aloud;

"Gobblemeswallowmedripgravydownthesideofmehappytha nksgiving! TIMES TWOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

The spell moved like an invisible lightning bolt through the air, attacking the minds of both the half-orc, as well as a new combatant that John hadn't yet noticed emerging from the hallway on his right. Both combatants clutched at their ears as blood began to squeeze out of their ears, eyes, nose, mouths, and even their pores. They both slumped over unconscious, but still smiling.

Red Waddle, finished with his spell, sneers at Milo and says; "Gobble--- I'm... No... Gobble--- Boomer!"


OODM@Wishkamon, I know you were holding an action to fire a bolt at the first enemy you can see. From your position, you wouldn't have seen the guy behind you (the one that attacked Betty from behind), but you do have a clear shot at the guy that's coming up on Carver's Left if you'd like to take that, you're more than welcome to. If you do, I'll narrate it on my next post.


DM Instructions

There are 3 Milestones between here and the Common Hall.

The Spinerinn = The hallway that connects Valhalla's Meade Hall to the Foyer. This Hallway is approx 20 feet wide and has multiple hallways that branch off of it.

The Foyer = The central hub of Old F.A.R.T's. This is where the guard barracks, a lot of high-level staff's offices, various vendors, and Caspian of the Endless Arches reside. This area also has hallways that lead to the various wings of the community.

The Main Hallway = A simple hallway that leads to the Common Hall where large events are held.

I will update you all and let you know how much further to each of the Milestones once you all exit the Meade Hall.

Because Betty and Milo both rolled a 16 on Initiative, you can both act at the same time.

Please remember that you need to roll for a complication at the beginning of your turn each round of combat. The list of complications is under the Chase Rules Spoiler below.

If there is any relevant info about the surrounding area that you want to know, just ask (either in your post or through discord) and I will assist with providing that information.

 


 


 


 


 
__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"

Last edited by Reliq0770; Oct 26th, 2020 at 02:49 AM.
  #140  
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 09:19 PM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5702
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 3,240
Milo Dunnwood
right-aligned image
Milo was stuck. Not literally... well... sort of literally, as he was currently in the clutches of his mortal frienemy, but that had turned into a necessary evil under the circumstances. Damn his short legs... no, Milo was at a loss.

"Ugh... where's my young ward when I need him?! Damn you Jeremy." Jeremy always helped Milo keep track of his magical stores. It wasn't that the halfling was... stupid or anything. Certainly not! But he never could wrap his head around the minute details of daily magical capacity. No matter how much of his training Milo had attended (not really much, but then, it was the academy's fault for scheduling arcane studies during the same block of time that Milo generally was sleeping off the previous evening's revelry), it always seemed to him that potency really was just a matter of math... how many spells one could cast a day. "Spell slots" if you will. His professors had tried to tell him otherwise, but Milo knew in his gut they were wrong. Nope, magical ability came down to how many slots you had.

Unfortunately, Milo wasn't much of a numbers guy, and at that moment was currently trying to mull over how many slots he'd run through already that day. Surely he couldn't have used them all, no... but even if not, it was important to save a few for the big finale! Yes yes, that was absolutely imperative: attending bingo night without a few good slots left would be a misstep of the highest order of idiocy. The halfling wasn't much for sleight of hand these days, given the state of his joints. Always paid to have some magic stored away for when you needed to chea-... I mean...... uh.... get lucky.

Milo's train of thought was broken, however, as the massive chandelier finally gave way and smashed to the floor just behind them, a broken piece flying directly at the halfling's head. Not that he noticed the near death experience, the shard embedding itself harmlessly in a wooden beam just to the left of his face. No, what Milo saw was the twisted grin of the half-orc just behind Betty, though he was too late to react as the foul cretin slashed at her back, drawing blood.

"Oy! Cheap shot! Only zeroes take cheap shots!" Ah wait... ZERO! Milo slapped his head. Level zero spells! His instructors had always gotten angry at that description and insisted they were called "cantrips", but... bleh. What did they know? Even Milo knew that when you subtract zero from a number, the sum is unchanged. Hence, level zero spells. "Maybe you want a taste of your own medicine?" Slapping his hands together, the halfling prepared one of his better zeros... though he lost his chance as the geriatric turkey man took out his target first. Grimacing, Milo turned to Red Waddle, shaking his fist.

"Hey! No kill-stealin'! Say what you want, that's a pretty boomer move if you ask me!" As he complained, Milo saw another figure coming from the shadows, just down the hall behind Red Waddle... another HALF-ORC no less. Grinning, he held up one glowing finger gun. "Lesse how YOU like it! PEW PEW PEW!" With that, a small blast of fire shot from the halfling's fingertip, wizzing over Red Waddle's shoulder directly at the grinning face.
Mechanics
Complication Roll: 6 - Random obstruction (chandelier debris)
Dexterity Save: 17 (Success!)

Move: Uh... none technically. Milo is sexy, freshly visible carryon luggage right now.
Action: Milo casts a Fire Bolt at the enemy behind Red Waddle
Fire BoltTo Hit: 9
Fire Damage: 19


Free Action: -
Bonus: -
Reaction: -
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
  #141  
Old Oct 30th, 2020, 09:22 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 7398
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 7,072
Betty
left-aligned image
"Jeremy?" Betty was hauling it down the hallway, wiggly diva supreme on one shoulder and an adorable halfling making like clear glass under the other. Milo's stray comment pulled Betty's attention away from her surroundings long enough to have her casting a stray glance at him. Or where he should have been. Doing a double take, the barbarian missed seeing the half-orc come up behind her. A grimace of pain (or was that irritation?) danced across her features as the grinning fool's blade sliced across her back.

The tiny wizard's words of solidarity bolstered her footsteps allowing the fearsome grandma to continue her pace. Racing down the Spinerinn towards the foyer she called out to Carver. "Save some of that fire for the bruja, Bruumhilda. And keep up, young man!" Cackling in good cheer she momentarily zipped past her Jaarl only to be out paced by another derby contestant. Too make it worse, it was her stinking baby brother, Julio Gonzalo Mariano Roberto Yes. It's a family thing apparently. {{{shrug}}}Guadalupe Jimenez de la Fuente. A.K.A Benny.

Tipping his ridiculously large hat at her, Benny winked at her. "Always one step behind, eh old lady? Hurry, or you'll miss all the fun." Kicking his heels into the sides of his petite mount he galloped away ahead of her. With another laughter, she took the competitive bait and picked up her pace, carrying her passengers into the next room. And whatever awaited the planning committee there.


Betty's Action Block and OOC
 

Betty's Stat Block
 
__________________
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by lydklein; Nov 2nd, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
  #142  
Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 08:24 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Round 4: Carver's Turn



Jaarl Carver LeFey: Stat Block

Jaarl Carver LeFey

 

 

 




It was bloody fantastic. The fire... The violence... ComplicationThe crossbow bolt that whizzed past his face as he barely pulled up short. Carver wanted to turn and face this new threat, but, luckily for him, the bolt alerted him to the creepy lurker lurking just around the corner.

"Liam... You've been saying for weeks that you wanted a shot at the title..."

The Seax shortsword forms from the smoke rising from his magma-like exterior as his right hand slashes across the torso of the large human. Like a sack of potatoes, the man called Liam falls back and slams into the ground.

"Interesting?" Carver says quietly, seemingly genuinely concerned; "He was a lot stronger the last time I fought him?"

He would have pondered on this development more, but he could feel the wind kick up as Betty rushed past and into the Foyer. He has ground to make up...

Remembering the training he got from one of his bodyguards, Carver shifted his weight and pushed off, propelling himself forward and practically swimming through the air. He bursts out of the Spinerinn and into the Foyer, finding himself underneath the balcony where Caspian resides.



OODMEveryone except John has made it to the Foyer. Once John gets there, I'll update you all on what you find based on your Perception Checks when everyone gets there.



DM Instructions


Because Betty and Milo both rolled a 16 on Initiative, you can both act at the same time.

Please remember that you need to roll for a complication at the beginning of your turn each round of combat. The list of complications is under the Chase Rules Spoiler below.

If there is any relevant info about the surrounding area that you want to know, just ask (either in your post or through discord) and I will assist with providing that information.

 


 


 


 
__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"

Last edited by Reliq0770; Nov 3rd, 2020 at 08:25 PM.
  #143  
Old Nov 8th, 2020, 08:56 AM
Wishkamon's Avatar
Wishkamon Wishkamon is offline
Literal Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5962
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Posts: 1,023
Agetha rhyneheart
right-aligned image

Agetha cast a quick glance over her shoulder to survey the chaos as they passed into the foyer. The great antler chandelier lay in pieces, a mound of jagged obstacles for the smiling fools in pursuit, and flames licked the walls with increasing ferocity, casting flickering light all down the corridor. And then there was dear John bringing up the rear of the party. As to be expected he was doing so with style- Agetha couldn’t be sure if it was the adrenaline or the gin, but she was pretty sure he was moving in slow motion as he escaped the inferno, as cool guys were often so inclined to do. She resisted the urge to swoon, and instead called back.
”John Sweety, do keep up won’t you?”
 


OOC

you're right not really much I can do without knowing what's ahead so here's some nonsense while John catches up
__________________
My bones are lazy, but my soul's on fire.
Agetha - Philamine - Ches - Daigen
  #144  
Old Nov 8th, 2020, 08:33 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13064
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 2,688
The Chase Scene
right-aligned image
John stood admiring his own handiwork for just a moment too long. When he looked around, he realized he was alone. Again. Well, not alone, alone. But, you know... the party had moved on without him. It was just then that he heard Agetha calling out from behind him. He spun in place to realize that everyone else had moved further down the hallway without him. It was a little rude, he though. After all, he'd waited for them all to get out of the Meade Hall, hadn't he? He'd felt that that had taken An archaic unit of time measurement from Albion. There was a large windmill visible from the uppermost parapet of Buckingminster Castle. The locals took to measuring the passage of time in revolutions (rounds) of the windmill's arm. The time itself varied depending on how strongly the wind was blowing, but was generally held to be about six seconds.rounds at least. He sighed, and forced a smile onto his lips, mostly a wasted effort as his mouth was obscured by his drooping mustache. Time to wax it again. Apply wax to style it, that was. Not to try and remove it through said method, as some of the more entrepreneurial ladies he'd known were wont to do.

"Coming."

He gave a little flourish of his cape and shuffled off down the hall.

OOC
 

 
__________________
I have returned - catching up.

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseJohn Alias

Last edited by hafrogman; Nov 8th, 2020 at 08:33 PM.
  #145  
Old Nov 10th, 2020, 12:42 AM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Into the Foyer

The Foyer

 

With John's emergence into the Foyer, the team immediately could feel that something was off... The temperature has dropped rapidly upon entering the spacious area of the Foyer. You can see your breath in front of your face and goosebumps spread rapidly across your entire body. Convening beneath the second-floor balcony you can hear something happening above you. The fighting and raucus that Agetha had heard earlier was now replaced by an eerie stillness, save for the commotion up top.

Betty - Perception Check ResultsBetty immediately recognizes one of the muffled voices as being that of Bruumhilda... But it's strange... Deeper... Distorted... Unfortunately, given your position and struggling against the building rage, it's hard to make out what is being said. And, ahead of you, something else catches your eye... Zurs Oalkrin!


Milo - Perception Check Results


John - Perception Check Results


Agetha - Perception Check Results







OODM
 


I expect you all to use strategy with this. If you would like Carver to do anything this round, discuss it with your teammates in Discord and let me know what you decide in your posts. I won't have him do anything until my next post when combat OFFICIALLY begins!You all have One Round as a Surprise Round.
At the end of each of your posts, ROLL FOR We are back to Block Initiative for this. I'll roll for the baddies. If you beat their Initiative Roll, you can post in any order ahead of them. If you don't, you can post in any order after them. I'll update the Initiative Count Spoiler Chart above to reflect where you are in the order.INITIATIVE!
Please double-check the "Party Stats" spoiler button table. Please make sure that I have the correct HP amounts, AC, and Active Effects.

 


 


 




Allies
 










__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"

Last edited by Reliq0770; Nov 11th, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
  #146  
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 06:01 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13064
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 2,688
The Chase Scene
right-aligned image
John shivered as he joined the others at the entrance to the foyer. It reminded him of the time he had attempted to infiltrate the lair of the Demi-magus No, the inscrutable chief arcanist of SMERSH. Dark magic was afoot here and he didn't like it one bit. He peered cautiously out from under the balcony and spotted a muscled arse that he would recognize anywhere. Zurs! He mentally upgraded the orc from one-shot villain to recurring. Maybe if he kept popping up, they could discuss making their nemesis status official. From this angle it was impossible to see if he too was afflicted with the rictus grin of the accursed. Maybe that would change things... but for now there were more important matters to handle. The mercenary and his cronies were attacking the poor guard dog! Were there no lows to which they wouldn't sink?

"We need to help Bugsy!" John kept his voice low and quiet as he addressed his companions, but he didn't wait for a response, he was already moving. His feet slid forward over the marble as he hugged the side railing and moved into position. A flick of the wrist was all it took for yet another of his daggers to drop into his palm. He cleared the pillars and launched it at the unprotected back of the orcish mercenary. A little unsporting, perhaps... but justified, in his opinion. He was careful not to call out until after he'd seen the steel blade sink into green flesh. "Pick on someone your own size!"

Despite his taunting call, he had no intention of facing the mercenary in a fair fight. Not again. Part of his mind knew that he'd gotten just a little bit lucky last time. The other part just wanted to really let loose with his secret agent training. This was going to be fun! He cut sideways across the alcove and slipped back into shadow. The effect was somewhat lessened by him misjudging just how smooth the floor was. He slid directly into the pillar supporting the balcony above with a muffled "Oof."

OOC
 

 
__________________
I have returned - catching up.

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseJohn Alias

Last edited by hafrogman; Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.
  #147  
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Wishkamon's Avatar
Wishkamon Wishkamon is offline
Literal Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5962
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Posts: 1,023
Agetha rhyneheart
right-aligned image
Agetha inhaled the last of her cigarette as they passed into the now quiet foyer and flicked the butt over her shoulder. The group of geriatrics were immediately met by a wall of cold air as they stepped away from the donkey infused madness of the hallway. Agetha fluffed her feather boa around her wrinkled neck, and quietly wished for a blanket to put over her knees.

Then she heard talking above. Her pink ears swiveled like a satellite dish trying to find reception, finally honing in on a somewhat familiar voice. Yes, it was Bruumhilda alright, but she sounded considerably less like the bouncy little butterball they all knew and loved, and more like someone coming out the other side of a demonic bender.

"There is nowhere for you to run! You need to give it to me!" she bellowed.

A vague memory of the gnomish woman saying she still needed to procure a prize for bingo prodded at Agetha’s mind, and for a moment she assumed everything was fine.

"I will not! I've seen your true face, Bruumhilda!"

Oh. That’s right! They were mad at Bruumhilda! She still wasn’t entirely sure why, but she wasn’t going to let anyone else know that, and hearing someone else echo the sentiments was enough to steel the facts. Bruumhilda must be stopped!

"Of course you have, Esme! Your time spent in the Gloom has served you well. But, this is bigger than you. The Market wants the Egg and I want to go home! You think I like having to remain in this form? To lessen my power to blend in with you... people? Give it to me and I promise to release your people and leave. This is my final offer... Don't Make Me Kill You!"

”Oh dear, that doesn’t sound good…" the bard muttered. After a moment’s deliberation she tapped Betty rapidly, indicating that she was ready to be put down. Betty loosened her grip and Agetha adjusted her position in preparation to dismount; wiggling and digging her bony backside right into poor Betty’s shoulder with absolutely no concern for the barbarian. The tiny titan set Milo down too as Agetha slid to floor. ”You’re a star, dear, my ankle feels much better now, but listen, I think there might be more to our friend Bruumhilda than meets the eye...” she roughly recounted the conversation to the rest of the party in a hushed voice.

Then there was a metallic sound she couldn't quite place- something scraping,extending and then clicking into place. The tabaxi frowned. Maybe it was just the chill in the air, but the atmosphere felt serious. Come to think of it… where was that chill coming from? Had one of the youngsters got control of the thermostat again?

Her attention was drawn to the centre of the room, where the mangy mutt Bugsy was standing defensively on a table which groaned under his expanding weight and size. There was a silvery sheen to the creatures fur, and a twinkling cloud of frost was being exhaled from between his bared teeth as he snarled. Agetha took a tentative step forward, leaning a paw against one of the supporting pillars.

Ahh!

She rapidly withdrew from the freezing surface and scowled at it. Ice. It was made from frosted ice, and there seemed to be an enormous collection of... silver coins inside? She looked at Bugsy, then at the pillar, then back at Bugsy again. Maybe it was her imagination, but she could have sworn the thing winked at her then. A multi-lidded, reptilian wink.

Before she could say anything, the dashing Mr. Alias was sweeping into action.
”"We need to help Bugsy!"” he reassured them, but Agetha wasn’t so sure.
If they were placing bets on who was going to live longer- Bugsy or the disembodied voice of Esmerelda LeVeaux- she’d have put money on Bugsy. Then again, she’d already lost her pocket money on one bad bet today… Anyway it was too late. He was away.
”I think the flea bitten cur can look after itself” She said, rolling her neck in preparation for combat. She was feeling pretty fired up for what was to come, painted lips curled into a wry smile. She began to wiggle her hips to the grand musical number which was filling her head.
”We need to get up there and take out the midget- no offence Milo- Betty, what do you say? No way in hell I’m climbing those damned stairs again”
The heaving of Betty’s chest and the fire in her eyes was all the confirmation she needed. Betty needed to smash, and who was she to stop her?
”We’re going up, it’s time to get this party started!” She crooned, the lazy ease of her gravely melody and the experienced rhythm of her hips weaving the air around them with magic, until... WHOOSH!

The grannies appeared on the balcony. Directly ahead of them was Bruumhilda with her back to them, and beyond her still was Mz. LeVeaux.

The endless pool of Caspian shimmered as expected to their right, but the presence of Jenson and Commander Barka was rather an unpleasant surprise…

Still, their sudden appearance aught to be a surprise too, and if Betty was going to do what Agetha expected she might do, then it would at least give her an opportunity to put some distance between them and prepare her next move.
Still humming under her breath, The diva hastily backed away, tail keeping time.


 




OOC
Action- Dimension door, Agetha & Betty to T5&6.
Movement- backing up to U2
__________________
My bones are lazy, but my soul's on fire.
Agetha - Philamine - Ches - Daigen

Last edited by Wishkamon; Nov 12th, 2020 at 05:26 PM.
  #148  
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 08:07 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Jaarl Carver LeFey: Stat Block

Jaarl Carver LeFey

 

 

 

 



"We need to help Bugsy!" John kept his voice low and quiet as he addressed his companions, but he didn't wait for a response, he was already moving.

Carver nodded and smirked, waiting for Agetha and Betty do blink out before moving up close to John. Peering out from under the balcony, Carver patted John on the shoulder in 'congratulations' when he saw that the spymaster's blade had lodged itself in the muscular back of Zurs Oalkrin. Of course, his admiration for the man was slightly undercut by John's blunder of running into a nearby pillar. Nonetheless, Carver took the opportunity to move up behind Zurs and unleash three quick strikes. All of which connected, alerting the assailants surrounding Bugsy to his presence as well as dealing massive damage and leaving the Half-Orc's body a bleeding mass of muscle and anger.

Carver smiled, knowing that Zurs would answer this assault in kind!
__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"

Last edited by Reliq0770; Nov 13th, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
  #149  
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 12:39 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 7398
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 7,072
Betty
left-aligned image
The tawny skinned juggernaut barrelled down the last stretch of the hallway with the entrance to the foyer looming ever closer. She was excited! Soon they would reach the Community Hall where they would find that wretch, Bruumhilda. How dare that winged nutball charm her friends. Gnashing her teeth, she slowed down as they neared the foyer. It was always best not to barrel into a room carelessly no matter how much she wanted to. Not being as nimble as John it took Betty a few feet before she could stop completely. As she did this she could see her breath begin to turn into little puffs of vapor. It was cold. It was never cold in here. Ever. Looking ahead she spotted Such a good good pup!Bugsy surrounded by four figures. The furious barbarian squinted her eyes trying desperate to identify the figures. Slowly the closest of the figures swam into focus. Zurs!

From above another voice could suddenly be heard. It was familiar, but twisted and although she couldn't make out the words she could recognize the voice.
BRUUMHILDA!

A small disturbance from above came in the form of the tabaxi vixen trying to gain her attention. She didn't actually care what the diva wanted and simply dropped her hold on Agatha and Milo, allowing the two to drop down to the ground. As the wrinkled siren worked her way down a sharp pain lanced down her shoulder coaxing a low growl from the grey haired woman. The blood vessels in the whites of her eye burst giving the scary grandma a demonic appearance. Woe to anyone who stood in this tiny titan's way. She couldn't figure out if she should go for Zurs when a dagger whizzed past and into the orc's backside. Before she could begin to laugh, as she wished, the overly floofed up Agatha began talking to her again.

"We need to get up there and take out the midget- no offence Milo- Betty, what do you say? No way in hell I’m climbing those damned stairs again" "...get up there and take out the midget..." Betty turned to stare at her companion, ignoring the slightly smeared eyebrow, she waited for Agatha to continue.

"We’re going up, it’s time to get this party started!" she What? Is a good word!crooned and suddenly the two wrinkly women were upstairs staring at Bruumhilda's back. However, between the Fairy *itch and and the Feminine pair stood a creepily smiling Commander Barka and Cadet Jensen. This just wouldn't do. She wanted Bruumhilda. They wouldn't stand in her way. Reaching into her handbag and her sweater pocket simultaneously, Betty pulled out one trusty warhammer and her beloved Chancla. With a growl and a snarl she hurled the magical Chancla at the back of the treacherous fairy's head. With great satisfaction she watched it clip the back of her head, although with less force than expected.

"AH! Nalgas!" Not wasting another second she ran forward and swung at Commander Barka who managed to side step the granny while wearing a grin. This only fueled Betty's rage. Lowering her shoulder she ran at him in an attempt to knock him to the ground. With a satisfying *HUFF* from Barka she sent that grinning loon flying to the ground with a tremendous clatter leaving the Commander struggling like a turtle on its back. The petite glanced back at Agatha with a grin of her own.

"Now it's a party." Turning back she returned Barka's grin and bloody eyes, held out her left hand, and caught her Chancla. The loud SLAPCRACK against her palm echoing around the frigid space.

Betty's Action Block and OOCBarka is currently prone.
 

Feats: Shield Master; Sentinal Betty; Tavern Brawler
Betty's Stat Block
 
__________________
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #150  
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 02:20 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5702
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 3,240
Milo Dunnwood
right-aligned image
As the relative silence of the large room replaced the pandemonium of the passage behind them, Milo found himself uncharacteristically tuned into what was currently happening.

Well... MOSTLY. He only managed to make out a few words of the conversation happening above them, but "Give it to me! --- Esme... --- Don't Make Me Kill You!" got the essential point across. The halfling suddenly felt Betty let go, and he dropped softly to the floor, bouncing slightly. As he was getting up and dusting himself off, he suddenly realized... John wasn't with them. Had he fallen behind? No no, Milo could have SWORN he'd heard the man's voice a moment ago. Something about Bugsy?

"Hey, uh, where'd-"

"Pick on someone your own size!"

"Nevermind, found 'im!"

Shifting his attention back to Betty and Agetha, his fellow bard made a very stimulating argument toward taking on Bruumhilda, leaving Bugsy, and the terrible, terrible folly of stairs. Milo had to agree with this logic, even shrugging off the part where Aggy called her a midget and then apologized to him.

"No offense taken. I know ya don't mean me; halflings are WAY bigger than gnomes!"

They weren't.

"And I think it's time to prove it once and for all. Let's show that brainwashing, murderous little twerp who..... HEY!" Before Milo could finish his sentence, the others had disappeared in the blink of an eye. "What are you... but I thought we... BUT I'M THE SHORT ONE!" Swearing loudly, Milo realized he was going to have to climb the stairs himself. "... know what? Screw this. You're ALL in trouble!" Reaching back, Milo pulled his trusty bandore into his hands, grinning as he plucked away at it, producing a sort of punky riff accompaniment in response to Agetha's singing. As he played, the instrument glowed, and the halfling began to rise off the ground.

A moment's pause... and Milo suddenly rocketed upward, taking flight.

"WHOOOOOOO!"
MechanicsInitiative: 12

Action: Milo casts Fly with his Fochlucan Bandore.
Move: Milo flies 60 feet up at a very slight angle to avoid slamming into the bottom of the balcony. (Probably putting him 55 feet in the air at Q5)

Free Action: Make a loud, annoying crowing sound. Kind of Peter Pan-esque, but less childlike wonder and more coked out grandpa.
Bonus: -
Reaction: -
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB