Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Starfinder > Dead Suns
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 16th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
They're usable. They're basically pop up tents. Won't protect from vacuum or even very cold weather.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 03:37 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Unfortunately, Nevynxx, the suit is not a good fit for Matsu or any other high DEX character. Yes, it raises your KAC from +2 to +4, but it also imposes a maximum of +1 to your DEX bonus, which negates the improvement in armor (and makes your EAC worse). In addition the reinforced EVA suits cut your speed by 5 feet and impose a -3 Armor Check Penalty.

These things were really designed for working rather than combat. Still, anyone with a Dexterity of 13 or lower might benefit from the protection, if they're willing to sacrifice speed and physical skill checks.

Last edited by ruffdove; Nov 18th, 2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15834
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I'll get a post up shortly. And those suits are of exactly the same type that Aja is using

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Rairly Available
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:18 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Crap!

This talk about the reinforced EVA only allowing +1 Dex to be used for the defense had me going back and checking and yep! I screwed up. My AC should be 15/12, not 16/13. Sorry, Ruff. I know there was at least one attack that should have taken off Aja's HP instead of her Stamina because of this

Editing my character sheet.

By the way, I checked the Starfinder Character sheet and it also lets the extra point of Dex through. Never mind, I had to change everything manually as there is no auto fill in that section of the sheet yet.

Last edited by Silk; Nov 18th, 2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Well, we both overlooked that. No worries.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 08:53 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
I wanted to point out for your record-keeping that Aja switched to Vette's Lazer Pistol(19/20 ammo) and pulled out her two Frag Grenade I from her hideaway arm.

Edit: In fact, with the Lazer Pistol, DPP, two grenades, and a handaxe at her disposal, Aja has quite the arsenal

...are there any feats required for Dual Wielding pistols? (don't have my book with me at the moment)

Last edited by Silk; Nov 18th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 10:24 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
So basically any character can carry as many weapons as they have hands, but all it means is that if he full-attacks, he can use two different weapons (instead of one twice). So you can full attack (giving yourself two attacks at -4 penalty) while holding just one weapon or multiple weapons (up to four for a Kasatha or other 4-armed race), but either way, the full attack allows you a maximum of two attacks at -4 each, and a single attack allows just one with no penalty, regardless of how many weapons you are actually holding. Example: a Kasatha holding four laser pistols can shoot a maximum of twice in a round at -4/-4 or once at no penalty. A human holding one laser pistol may do the same. The only difference is that the human MUST fire both from a single laser (draining the battery twice), whereas the kasatha can pick which pistols he shoots.

There's also the multi-weapon fighting feat that reduces the penalty for a full attack from -4/-4 to -3/-3. It applies only to small arms and operative weapons, and presumably only to characters actually holding two weapons.
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 02:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2340
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
Unfortunately, Nevynxx, the suit is not a good fit for Matsu or any other high DEX character. Yes, it raises your KAC from +2 to +4, but it also imposes a maximum of +1 to your DEX bonus, which negates the improvement in armor (and makes your EAC worse). In addition the reinforced EVA suits cut your speed by 5 feet and impose a -3 Armor Check Penalty.

These things were really designed for working rather than combat. Still, anyone with a Dexterity of 13 or lower might benefit from the protection, if they're willing to sacrifice speed and physical skill checks.
Damnnit, thought I'd checked that.
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 02:31 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Ruff.

Old Nov 20th, 2020, 06:27 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13800
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Yeah. The 1e in me wanted to make a dual pistol wielding fiend, which as an envoy I can drop the penalty considerably. But have been also thinking about sniper rifle stuff :-p

On a side note Mendev actually has a pretty decent survival score. I'll get a post up. He'll elect to go first for tracking purposes.
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 10:17 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
FYI, Khalil, everyone can ride the rig at the same time, so you'll reach the Drift Rock as a group. With that in mind, I am going to go ahead and post the next game thread as it is now Friday. Of course anything left to do or say on the Acreon can be said or done in your next posts and then you can play out your arrival on the Rock.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 03:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17085
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Did anyone else have to think of this?

left-aligned image
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 04:26 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Yes!

It was the first thing I thought of

Last edited by Silk; Nov 21st, 2020 at 04:26 AM.
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 08:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2340
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Yarp!

It's fine, it's all fine.....
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 11:25 AM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19060
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Okay. I didn't fell too far behind this time. But I feel bad that I haven't been active in games for the past 3 days! Catching up now. Now that my last IronDM entry is in, I should be back to just "too much work to do at work!" instead of "Work + IronDM."

Excited to get facehugger'd.

EDIT: ruffdove, any chance you could unlock the previous thread so I can copy/paste my posting format?

EDIT2: Heh. I really appreciate the "Drift Rock=Down" comment. Gimme some of that Ender's Game!
AFK 20May-22May. Ten Year Anniversary!

Last edited by Unko Talok; Nov 21st, 2020 at 11:40 AM.