RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 26th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Hell's Vengeance

Game NameHell's Vengeance
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeEvil Campaign, Bad Guys, EEEEEVIL
FlavourIntrigue, politics and combat
Plot Summary

APPLICATION CLOSED.

About the GameHell’s Vengeance begins when the Hellknight Order of the Godclaw reveals that its members have found Heart’s Edge, the legendary sword once wielded by the goddess Iomedae. A group of Iomedaean knights calling themselves the Glorious Reclamation, upset that a Hellknight order held an important relic of their faith, raided the Hellknights’ fortress, Citadel Dinyar, and reclaimed the divine weapon. And rather than stopping there, they set their sights on overthrowing the diabolical Thrice-Damned House of Thrune! It is your job to stop them.

The campaign starts in the town of Longacre, a place where old Chelish army veterans have settled and where other folk go to slip away from the public eye. Many of the town’s veterans are outspoken in their criticism of House Thrune and Cheliax’s military policies, and have been mistreated, shunned, and driven to Longacre in poverty and effective exile - some have even had their names struck from Cheliax’s military rolls. Their presence makes Longacre a powder keg just waiting for a spark.

As a reaction to the recent insurgency of the Glorious Reclamation, Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, has declared martial law in Cheliax’s largest cities and urged all loyal citizens to stand up and do their part to keep the empire strong. She has sent a commandment to loyal subjects in every village, town, and city across the nation: reaffirm your loyalty to Thrune and Cheliax and prove your devotion by swearing the Hellfire Compact.

You are among those loyal subjects, and now is the time to put down these reckless insurgents.

Character CreationName: Write the name of your character here.
Race: Cheliax is not a racially diverse nation, as it is populated by humans, though there are also a few marginalized populations of tieflings, halflings, and gnomes. If you wish to choose a race that isn't commonly found in or close to Cheliax, a brief explanation about why they are in Cheliax is required.
Class: Anything Paizo (Core/Base/Alternate/Hybrid/Unchained). Archetypes allowed. The character starts at Level 1.
Stat Generation: 25 point buy.
Trait: Choose 1 Campaign Trait from the list provided.
Alignment: Hell's Vengeance is an evil campaign, thus all the characters are required to be evil in alignment. Of course, neutral or good characters are still allowed, though they will face greater challenges in this game, considering that they will be working under devil worshippers and commit evil stuff.
History: Write at least a paragraph of your character's history.
Personality: Write at least a paragraph of your character's personality.
Appearance: Provide both picture and written description of your character.

Campaign TraitsYou will be playing as adventurers working under House Thrune (or at least willing to work for them), and there has to be a reason why you're working under them in the first place. You get to choose one trait.

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 13th, 2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 08:35 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Applicants
PlayerCharacterRaceClassStatus
LeoByronVictor DrakeHalf-ElfSynthesistSummonerWithdrawn
GrouchyPercy KoskaHumanCadFighterComplete
Begon UgoDrevan the ColdHumanHellcatMonkComplete
Noquarter19Theodosius "Bombs" McCrackenTieflingGrenadierAlchemistComplete
WildJessiLita MenhirHumanInfernal BloodlineSorcererComplete
pianoman90Yanada MagnusWereboarSkinwalkerRagechemistAlchemistComplete
IcereachElitus VulsoAngel-bloodedAasimarSkaldWithdrawn
CrowArmstrongKieransaëHumanHexcrafterMagusComplete
NorseIglesias AugensteinDemonspawn (Pitborn)TieflingRovagugAntipaladinComplete
noblestrideSarvin LukaszHellspawnTieflingFiendish VesselClericComplete

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 9th, 2021 at 01:26 AM.
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 09:31 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos
Good People  

Event Judge  

Outplay 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24691
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Likewise! Heard great things about this AP. Any deadline for applications to be completed?

On break for now.
Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
At earliest, around 15th to 20th January 2021. Maybe earlier than that if we get more applications.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 08:25 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
This is not mandatory, but for easy reference, feel free to download the PDF of Hell's Vengeance Player's Guide here. Player's guides are free, so you should have no problem downloading this one.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10499
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
This sounds fun. I've been wanting to play a Cad Fighter, and this seems perfect for it. App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Race: Human (Chelaxian)
Class: Fighter 1 (Cad)
Trait: Amoral Mercenary
Alignment: Neutral Evil

History: Born and raised in Egorian, Percy Koska was the bastard son of a wealthy merchant and a serving wench. Abandoned by his father before his birth, Percy's mother tried the best she could to raise him but between her busy work schedule and her constant flings with local men, she was far too self absorbed to be an ideal mother for him. Learning early on that he was on his own, Percy became self sufficient and soon began stealing coin from his mother's lovers when they were otherwise occupied with her. He used this coin for his own purposes, buying food and other items he wished to have, and when he could not afford those things he simply waited for an opportunity to steal them. When he was about eleven summers old, he managed to get his hands on a set of fancy clothing so he began wearing it and trying to immerse himself into the circles of the upper elite. He would be vague about who his relatives were and simply throw enough coin around that the others took him at face value. He very much enjoyed his little game of pretending to be wealthy, but once he was recognized for what he was (a barmaid's son) the game was over and none of his "friends" wanted anything to do with him.

Seeking other opportunities, Percy joined the Chelaxian Army. He figured here he could at least get a uniform, gain some respect, and earn some coin at the same time. He quickly learned he had a natural talent for fighting, but Percy is inherently lazy and didn't like the constant hustle and bustle of army life. The only time he enjoyed his service was when they would engage in skirmishes with bandits in the Whisper Woods or clashes with greenskins along the border. Combat was immensely fun - drill and ceremony was not, and that made up most of his military career. After a lackluster enlistment, Percy did not reenlist but instead joined a roving mercenary company by the name of Wilfried's Wolves. The Wolves were run by a man named Alastair (Wilfried died the summer before from a disease he picked up in a brothel) whose purse was the only thing looser than his morals. Percy and he hit it off immensely, and soon Percy was a full fledged Wolf. Unfortunately last month Alastair cheated at a card game and got a dagger in his guts for his trouble, and the Wolves fell apart. As luck would have it, Percy heard that House Thrune was interested in obtaining sellswords, and managed to give a flattering oral resume of himself which has earned his way into their employment. He is now eager to prove his worth to House Thrune and is looking forward to the wealth and recognition it will bring him.

Personality: Percy is an opportunist through and through, and has no shame whatsoever. He is a rather likeable scoundrel who is out for himself first and foremost, but for the right price anyone can buy his loyalty. Although he favors himself a gentleman, he has little regard for things such as honor and chivalry, and will just as soon stab a man in the back as fight him face to face if he could get away with it. No job is too dirty provided the price is right, and nothing is off limits provided he lives to fight another day and gets ahead in life. He tries not to draw attention to himself through blatant lawbreaking or boasting, and would rather use his quick tongue and wit to avoid any trouble if there's no purpose to it. He also recognizes the value of laws and tradition in which he can use it to manipulate others to get what he wants. He is cautious around those more powerful or connected than he, and prefers to have more allies than enemies as that is one less knife pointed at your back. For this reason he tends to be immensely polite most of the time - better to have others both see him in a favorable light and to lower their expectations of him. He favors drink and women, usually in some combination thereof, and is a bit of a risk taker when it comes to gambling.

Appearance: Percy is a lean, handsome man of average height with olive skin and thick black hair combed over back. He has thick eyebrows and sharp brown eyes, with a thin nose and an easy smile underneath a well groomed horseshoe mustache. Each ear has a pair of gold hoops pierced in the bottom lobe, and on each finger he wears rings of different shapes and styles. He has somewhat of a subdued posture, and is slightly stoop shouldered. He favors bright colored clothing that is currently in fashion, often accented with necklaces and bracelets as he can afford them. His voice is cultured if a bit oily, and he likes to speak with a lot of hand inflections.

Last edited by Grouchy; Dec 27th, 2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48153
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Drevan the Cold
right-aligned image
Name: Drevan the Cold
Race: Human
Class: Monk (Hellcat Archtype)
Trait: Scion of the Nine Circles
Alignment: Lawful Evil

History: Drevan, only 10 years old, stood in the back of the unruly crowd, constantly getting jostled by the ebb and flow of the eager masses. The carnival atmosphere of the event sickened him but he had no choice but to watch the travesty of justice as it unfolded. The midday sun's dappled light danced across the axe blade as it cut silently through the air and the neck of the bound prisoner. Drevan watched as the head of his brother rolled in the dirt and was then paraded through the streets of the capital city of Galt, Isarn. Accused of crimes against the state, of being a spy for the Chelaxian empire, his brother's trial was a political charade. His brother had dared speak truth to power when truth was considered a state secret. Drevan swore he would learn the secrets his brother had died for.

Drevan, secreted away by his parents, barely escaped the inevitable purge that followed his brother's execution. His family paid for the sins of the son and in the eyes of the state were deemed expendable. Drevan fled as far from the reach of Galt leaders as he could. The Grey Gardners were a fanatical brotherhood and Drevan knew that once they caught his scent they would never stop until Drevan's head too, was rolling in the dirt.

Drevan found shelter with fellow refugees and dedicated himself towards working his way back to Galt. Channeling the rage and anger he kept repressed, Drevan found solace in physical training and meditation. It was a therapeutic outlet. At the time, he did not know that his newfound talents would lead him down the path of the hellcat and straight into the embrace of Asmodeus.

Personality: Drevan carries himself with a quiet confidence born of years of training. His slight build has made many make the mistake of underestimating his abilities, much to their demise.

Appearance: Drevan has cultivated an unassuming appearance. He does not make any effort to stand out in a crowd and he prefers to melt into the sea of humanity. He prefers to wear loose fitting, muted earth tones and usually can be found wrapped in a tattered brown hooded robe. The only distinguishing feature the man possesses is twin, deep, self-inflicted scars that run down both of his cheeks.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Dec 27th, 2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 05:37 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Looking pretty good, @Grouchy. I'm looking forward to see what you've got in store for him. Also, looking forward to see your monk in action, @Begon Ugo.

Last edited by Arjuna332; Dec 27th, 2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, almost forgot to mention this, but looking good, @LeoByron. Looking forward to see the finished product.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 11:29 PM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18045
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Would you be open to rolled stats as opposed to stat buy? I'm just a sucker for randomness. In any event, I've got a really fun idea in store that I'm working on.

Posting status: Around.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 12:34 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Would you be open to rolled stats as opposed to stat buy? I'm just a sucker for randomness. In any event, I've got a really fun idea in store that I'm working on.
I'd rather have the characters of this story have their stats standardized. Sorry about that. I only accept point buy for now.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 03:39 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
I'd rather have the characters of this story have their stats standardized. Sorry about that. I only accept point buy for now.
No worries, it was worth an ask. Anyway, here's my (hopefully not too wacky) character. I'm channeling my inner Trashcan Man, I just realized, and I'm strangely okay with that.
Application
right-aligned image
Theodosius "Bombs" McCracken

Alternate racial trait: Prehensile TailTiefling Alchemist (Grenadier)

STR 12 / DEX 15 / CON 14 / INT 20 / WIS 12 / CHA 5

Erratic Malefactor

Chaotic Evil

Character Sheet

Last edited by Noquarter19; Dec 30th, 2020 at 02:14 AM.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 05:09 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
@Noquarter19 Looks good to me. Looking forward to see what you're going to do with him, my man.
Old Dec 28th, 2020, 05:32 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, I just started with the name and went from there. Are characters using max starting wealth?

Old Dec 28th, 2020, 05:58 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Thanks, I just started with the name and went from there. Are characters using max starting wealth?
Yes, the characters will be using max starting wealth.