twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 29th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
The Princess is Out

Game NameThe Princess is Out
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeA Damsel In Distress and Her Fellow Adventurers
FlavourSerious Drama With Heavy Story, Character Interactions, And Some Moments for Humor
Plot Summary
right-aligned image
The princess and her entourage have traveled to a neighboring kingdom as part of diplomatic relationships between the two kingdoms. But plans quickly fall apart, and the princess finds herself forced into an adventure she had not planned for.

Fortunately, the princess is not alone. She traveled with an entourage which includes her most trusted friend, her personal guard from her kingdom’s finest knights, and of course the driver of the carriage that is loyal to kingdom and country. There is also at least one individual that wishes to aid the princess, as they have fallen in love despite foreign nationalities.

Welcome to The Princess is Out, a 5th edition D&D Homebrew adventure for 1-5 level TEN characters.

I am looking for up to 5 players to join me in a unique adventure. The stage for this story requires a more specific cast of player characters, so keep these details in mind as you try to settle on a character to play in this game.

left-aligned image
"I cannot bear to see my daughter succumb to such evil as that monstrosity, yet I am powerless to stop it. I only hope that she has the strength to overcome it herself."

Whatever your reason, you have made the choice to stand against whatever dangers await the princess. Will you slay a dark creature and uncover the plot against her? Fall in love and live happily ever after? Empower her to forge her own destiny? Or just drown at the shallows of a cursed moat?

APPLICATIONS
If you want to apply for this game, you need to submit a finished character sheet by 6pm CST 1/11/2020. Please include ALL of the following in your application:

Name: Name of your character. Feel free to include a link to a completed character sheet if you wish.
Race: Any race from the PHB or another book printed by WotC
Profession: Your character's Class (breakdown if multiclassing)
Role: Are you applying to be the princess, the best friend, the protector, the driver, or the twitter-pated character? (see below for details/restrictions on each role)
Description: What your character looks like and how they act. Pictures and traits are a great way to go here.
Background: Which background you chose for your character and a short paragraph to flesh it out.
Roleplaying Sample: At least 2 paragraphs of roleplaying or a link to a post on this site
Why: In character or as a player, why has your character agreed to rescue the princess?

ROLES
Please choose one of the following story roles that you are applying for with your character. Each role has some mechanical restrictions for fitting into the story as well as a list of bonus starting gear you get for your level 10 character.

Newbies to the system, RPGs, and PbP games are all welcome. So long as you are literate and interested the game, please apply. I will do by best to keep up with the pace of play, as this is a narrative-driven game. I expect a rate of at least 1 post a week. Keep in mind when you apply that my style of DMing is an empowering storyteller, so I will be most excited about an application with an interesting character for the story.

Only completed applications will be considered.

Character CreationFor this game, you will start with a level 10 character. Build the character using the standard rules in the PHB, choosing a race/class/background from the book itself. Also, instead of rolling for your Ability scores, please take the array below and assign them wherever you wish.

Ability Scores: 16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Here are a couple of things to keep in mind as you are building your character:
• You will be starting in the castle city of the kingdom of Midoor bearing a treaty of peace. You will have a chance to shop, rest, gather information, and such before the meeting with the king.
• You will start with an additional 4,000 gold, starting gear as chosen by your role, and two uncommon potions of your choice. Everything else is standard starter gear until you start shopping.
• Your characters do not know for certain that bad things are about to happen and the princess is in danger, but they are welcome to be as paranoid as they would normally be in this situation
• Your characters are level 10, and the opposition will be scaled appropriately.
• This is a story-driven game. You will be able to get XP from skill challenges and social encounters as well as killing monsters and solving puzzles. Even though this is a single adventure, there is a chance for you to level up before the grand finale. And if things go well, the DM is open to continuing the story should the players wish to do so.
• Every role has a special challenge for this game to help tailor it to your character. This is a big reason why class options outside of the published materials are not allowed. But it does mean that no matter which of those classes you picked for your role, you will get a chance to really shine in this adventure. Note that features for the core classes, such as spells and build options, are still allowed from ANY WotC printed source (so not Unearthed Arcana).
• This is a group game! Your character will have other PCs to help them and interact. Much of the drama is going to be based on interactions between PCs as well as NPCs. Site rules will be followed, of course, and respecting each other is high priority!

Other Thoughts

Don’t forget that custom backgrounds are viable, as long as they follow the guidelines in the official books and match with role restrictions above. Feel free to float ideas past me if you have them!
Let me know if you have any questions about the world, mechanics, or really anything else!

Name Character Race & Class Role Reasoning Status
AttitudeBotilda the Left-HandedHuman BardPrincessDon't wanna, looking for a way to fight.DutyComplete
RaadaSabineHuman ArtificerPrincessPeaceComplete
rhaiberPrincess Luminara “Lulu” StarshimmerLulu Human Bard/WarlockPrincessamplified by her own insecurities about whether or not she really even deserves to be a princess to begin with, as well as her desire to prove herself capable to her grandparentsDuty to do what's rightComplete
Cap Ut MinerevainHuman Cleric/WizardFriend??Complete
danabAslyn Roave Human MonkFriendTrue and invaluable equalComplete
Arjuna332 PercivalHuman FighterGuardianDedicationComplete
DialPforPickles MurdockHalf-elf Rogue/WarlockGuardiantraining Complete
DesteploDaoraGnome RangerDriverfund family Complete
SmallWenda WheatsongHalfling BardDriverMaternal PatriotismComplete
Maestrosity GerlowLeonin BarbarianDriverReputation Complete
Seekr34Garion AldurHalf-elf RogueForeignerin loveComplete
JohnStoneArianaHalf-elf Hexblade/SwashbucklerForeignerLoverWIP
------
------
------

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 11th, 2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 841
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Name: Daora
Race: Forest Gnome
Profession: Beastmaster Ranger
Role: Driver
Description:

2 1/2 feet tall Gnome: green hair, grey eyes and woody brown skin. She wears, Well worn practical adventuring gear rather than any sort of fancy dress.

Personality trait: I judge people by their actions not their words.
Ideal: finding the familiar is the only path to happiness
Bond: I have a family back home, I send money back as often as I can between jobs.
Flaw: her business is held up by her fathers legacy, her attitude and presence is that of a commoner.

Background: folk hero
Why: growing up in a small village her family struggled but eventually built their own cart helping the village transport out supplies further out. His business grew into a taxi service and eventually secured a job with nobility considering his experience and safety rating. Growing old he trains his daughter to continue his legacy.

Roleplaying Sample: A preferred hunter she quickly disregarded the whole thing as stupid and boring, ”Dad... this is stupid.. let’s just cut through the woods, it’s going to take all day taking the road!”. Her father replies with a smile and a chuckle, “nobility blah blah, tea and bumps leads to burnt bums.” she melts into her seat as her enthusiasm deflates completely. near the end of one route though, a band of thieves ambush the cart.

Her father releases the reigns and calls the horses to attack the bandits. He pulls a bow and quiver from the floor and skewers the brigands one by one. “You told me not to bring my bow!”, An axe hits her dads hand carving it in half. “Dad!”, She picks up the bow, her hands shake aiming at another humanoid for the first time. Looking back at her dads hand her grip strengthens as anger overtakes her. A bandit reaches for the door to the cart but she pierced his hand with her first arrow before sending the next through his shoulder wounding him severely but unable to kill him.

The bandits having scattered she turns to her dad, ”Okay, think that’s all of them. Let me see your hand.” placing two hands on his, a feint green light fills the space around his hand leaving a large scar. Her heart drops, tears well up in her eyes but her fathers hand runs across her hair. She takes a deep breath and calls the horses back, straps them to the carriage, slings the bow across her back and takes the reigns continuing the drive without objection. She continues his legacy swearing the protection of any passengers who enter her cart.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Desteplo; Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2847
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Interested. If you took me, you'd be getting a DnD noob though.

Princess
right-aligned image

Name: Botilda Taraldsdottir (a.k.a. Botilda the Left-Handed)

Race: Human

Profession: Bard 10

Role: Princess

Description: Botilda is small by the standards of the Northmen, both in height and in girth. The warriors who came south with her father often wonder aloud how she manages to survive the winter. She holds them in such high regard that she happily embraces their comments, giving back as good as she gets. Often, the insults get so thick and fly so fast that an onlooker might expect swords to jump from their scabbards, but they never do.

Her small size, youthful appearance, and fair looks often cause her father’s visitors to dismiss or underestimate her. Once they have experienced her fiery personality, they soon reassess their first impression. She got the nickname “Left-Handed” because she handles her affairs in a gruff, unladylike manner. She often wears common clothes, sings battle songs, and carouses with commoners. When she is required to attend political functions, she dresses the part and employs a modicum of etiquette but won’t hesitate to exchange barbs with a diplomat who puts on airs.

Background: Noble. Sixteen years ago, the Northmen sailed forth from their icy homelands. Under the banner of King Tarald, they conquered with axe and fire. Thanks in large part to the divinatory magic of Tarald’s queen, their victory was complete. Instead of returning north with their spoils though, the invaders settled in what would become their new home. Botilda was 8 years old then.

In the intervening years, Botilda has been raised to take over her father’s kingdom. While she staunchly insists that she wants to be a great warrior, she is turning out to be more witch, like her mother. From her father she has learned to be a skilled leader and political schemer. To that end, she spends a great deal of time traveling throughout the towns and villages of the kingdom. She reveres the farmers and craftsmen who populate the land, toiling year after year. She already knows that when she takes her father’s place, her highest priority is protecting them.

Roleplaying Sample: The following is a post from a Cypher game that I'm playing in.
Sparring
As Kelly reached for the door of Miguel’s school, he caught a glimpse of someone or something out of the corner of his eye. He looked that way, but nothing was there. Kelly looked back at the door with a scowl on his face. A common occurrence like that shouldn’t have evoked such a strong reaction from anyone, but nevertheless, Kelly entered the dojo perturbed.

Not feeling up to Hade and Miguel’s level, Kelly decides to go a couple of rounds with one of the other instructors, L3 with fists (light weapons) and trained in Speed defenseScott. Kelly approaches the match with his usual devil-may-care attitude. He thumbs his nose and puts up his dukes in mock imitation of a nineteenth-century boxer.

The two combatants salute and circle each other as they draw closer to the center of the mat. Scott obviously has the more polished style whereas Kelly has size and reach on the other man. Scott smoothly steps in with a barrage of fists aimed for Kelly’s body. The bigger man takes the blows on his arms, gets in an elbow and a knee of his own, causing Scott to back out.

They begin circling again but Kelly has had enough dancing. He comes right at Scott with a series of jabs. When the instructor puts up his hands to block, Kelly grabs him by his gi. The nuanced grappling moves are hard to follow. Quickly, the mass of arms and legs goes tumbling over with both men ending up on the mat.

Why (character): It’s a good question. Why go forward with a peace treaty that I disagree with? The truth is I find myself on the horns of a dilemma. Signing a peace treaty now feels like we’re giving them the upper hand. Of course, they’ll break the treaty and attack us at some point. How many good citizens will die when they do?

But it is my father’s will. When I lead, how can I ask someone to do something they disagree with if I myself wasn’t willing to when it was my turn? Because of my duty to my father, I will see this task through to completion.

Why (player): Even though it’s the most common game played on this site, I don’t generally apply to DnD games. Your game pulled me in because of phrases in the advert such as “narrative-driven game”, “empowering storyteller”, and “interesting character.” Those things make me think that the focus of the game will be about telling a good story and developing characters through their internal conflicts. I’m all for that!

Literary Cues
Want: To prove that she is ready to lead by being a good follower first. She is not on board with this decision by her father. She wants to prove to him that she can make the hard decisions and do something she doesn’t want to do. While she doesn’t think the treaty is good for her people, she believes being unified behind the king is.
Need: To grow up and learn the difference between the theory of politics/leadership and the everyday reality.
Misbelief: She is the only one who can see what is “really going on.” While she has been learning to rule one day, she isn’t as worldly as she thinks. This has led her to have a greater opinion of herself than she should.
Theme: Trust others.

Last edited by Attitude; Jan 10th, 2021 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Roleplaying Sample
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Are the setting deities the standard ones?

Would this custom background be ok?
History Archivist: (custom Sage)
- Skills: History, Investigation
- Tools: Calligrapher's Supplies, Painter's Supplies
The character spent years on activities like studying, restoring and duplicating historical documents, works of art and literature.

Last edited by Cap Ut; Dec 30th, 2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Any published D&D deity is acceptable, though I would strongly recommend against evil ones. If you have a deity you want to play with, we will work it into the setting pantheon!
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 11:22 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Any published D&D deity is acceptable, though I would strongly recommend against evil ones. If you have a deity you want to play with, we will work it into the setting pantheon!
Boccob should be fine then.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, Boccob should be fine.

Your custom background looks fine. Does it have the same roleplay feature and equipment as the Sage?

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Dec 30th, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Does it have the same roleplay feature and equipment as the Sage?
Same feature, and about the starting equipment, I'd like to reflavor the letter as a text the character hasn't be able to decipher or understand the meaning yet.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
That should be fine!
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Minerevain
right-aligned image

Name: Minerevain
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Cleric (Arcane) 1 / Wizard (Abjuration) 9
Role: Friend

Description: Minerevain is a young man of slender build and average height, reddish-brown hair and a bristly beard frame his angular face, the most striking feature of which is definitely the peculiar coloration of the eyes: sky blue on the right and bright green on the left.
The very same pattern was the distinctive mark of his father Cassius the Traitor, whose infamous reputation harshly affected Minerevain's childhood: although things got better over time, the acrimony never completely left him, indeed he can be extremely spiteful and vindictive, even willing to go through great lengths to harm those he feels have wronged him or his loved ones (Flaw).
Nonetheless he's generally a collected and thoughtful individual, and in coherence with his introverted nature he frequently enjoys spending time in peace and solitude, usually pondering on philosophical or theological questions, practicing magic or simply painting soothing sceneries (Personality Traits).
When he's not relaxing, the young mage is often out there researching spells and gathering lore, as he believes that only through the understanding of the multiverse and the control over its forces mortals can truly elevate themselves from their natural condition (Ideal).
The most compelling passages and illustrations he comes across are duly copied into his own Codex; containing also personal thoughts and records of significant experiences, the manuscript is as valuable to the author as his spellbook if not more (Bond).
During his studies Minerevain has learned about many different views on ethics and morality and yet he holds a quite simplistic position on the matter: ruthless toward his enemies, he's most loyal and caring toward those dear to him, especially his mother Metis and the Princess (Bonds), while mostly indifferent - but considerate enough to behave decently - toward anyone else.

Background: History Archivist

Minerevain was still a kid when his father, a promising captain at the time, turned against the Kingdom and was later vanquished, leaving his wife and their only child to face the consequences of his crimes: habitually scorned and shunned, life was hard and wherever they went the boy's eyes would betray his blood.
Eventually they found some sort of acceptance in a community dedicated to Boccob, where Minerevain's talent and passion for knowledge landed the teenager an occupation: he assisted historians and philosophers in their studies, helped restoring ancient texts and illustrations and contributed with his copies to the library's collection. It was then that he started working on his Codex, and one of the first passages included was an enigmatic poem the meaning of which still eludes him to this day.
Minerevain was quick to adopt the worship of Boccob, in fact he felt the related ideals where particularly in line with his inclinations, however becoming a cleric didn't improve his life much: he was still often met with suspicion and unwelcome in many places around the Kingdom, furthermore he wasn't content "merely" to channel the power of gods and wanted to draw and shape magic on his own, but no wizard he encountered would teach him as none wished to be associated with the son of the treacherous Cassius.
Things changed for the better when he befriended the Princess: he was no longer seen just as his infamous father's progeny and the doors of the arcane arts finally opened to him.

Roleplaying Sample:

Why: Before he met the Princess, Minerevain was growing more and more bitter and resentful for the way he and his mother were commonly treated, thus she's not only his dearest friend, but the light that diverted him from what he believes would have been a dark path akin to his father's. Even though he certainly feels he owes her his life, what binds them is not just personal debt, he's deeply attached to her and there's no spell or arcane knowledge he would treasure more than their friendship; if she's in danger, he'll do everything in his power and make any sacrifice necessary to ensure her safety.

Last edited by Cap Ut; Jan 11th, 2021 at 06:19 AM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 05:14 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
I'm interested. Would like to apply as a Guardian.

The Stalwart Guardian
right-aligned image
Name: Percival

Profession: Fighter (Champion)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Personality Trait: I'm full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.

Ideal: Responsibility. I do what I must and obey just authority.

Bond: My honor is my life.

Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Role: Guardian

Description: Standing at 6'0", Percival has the stature of a hardened warrior, wearing gold-trimmed black armor. Blond-haired, he somehow showcases a somewhat aloof demeanor, often looking grim and distant. But do not mistake his dourness for indifference, because he cares so much about his duty in protecting the princess, willing to throw himself in harm's way to ensure her safety.

Background: Soldier

Why: Percival had been training to fight in wars ever since he was young. He had studied the use of weapons and armor, learned basic survival techniques, including how to stay alive on the battlefield. While he had never been in any big wars, Percival had shown his valor and martial prowess in many skirmishes that included fighting brigands, monsters and many things that could threaten the safety of the kingdom. His parents also served in the military, thus explaining why he chose to become a soldier in the first place. Over the years, he had risen through the ranks to the point where he was appointed as the princess' official escort and guardian, and it was a duty that he took very seriously.

Roleplay Sample:

Why: Why would Percival agree to save the princess, you ask? He would consider that a stupid question. Moronic, even. Percival had dedicated himself fully to protect the royal family, especially the princess, and he would go the extra length to ensure her safety. After all, it is his duty to be her Guardian, even willing to put his life on the line if necessary.

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 2nd, 2021 at 10:23 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1981
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Murdock
Name: Murdock
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue (assassin) 7/ Warlock (hexblade) 3
Role: Guardian
Description: Murdock can be quite politic if it suits him, but he prefers using straightforward and simple language. A life of espionage has given him a rather rough demeanor, and while he always seems angry and impatient, he rarely loses control of himself. His habit of pipe smoking has made his voice low and full of gravel, and he's fond of loud outbursts when his emotions are high.

Personality Traits:
Trusting any kind of people is a great way to get the wrong kind of people killed.
The first thing I do when I walk into a place is take note of the exits, the potential threats, and the places where somebody could sneak up on a body and get some work done.
Ideals:
Pragmatism-- you don’t survive in espionage by making bad decisions for your ideals, you survive in espionage by making some other poor bastard make bad decisions for their ideals.
Bonds:
My loyalty to the Royal Family goes deeper than I care to admit for reasons that are none of your damned business.
Flaws:
Several people are in prison cells or shallow graves because I was better at espionage than they were—it’s all a part of the game.

Background:
At one time, those who truly understood such things considered Murdock the most dangerous man in the king’s employ, or perhaps any king’s employ. As Royal Spymaster, he built a network of patsies, informants, moles, and mercenaries that spread throughout every township of every kingdom, each of them keeping him updated on the various intrigues and skullduggeries that keep Royal families in power. He and his intel stopped more coups d’état and attempts on the King and Queen’s life than anyone can count. He even stopped a few in other kingdoms to put their royalty in his own King's pocket.

Then, on the princess’ 10th birthday, Murdock promoted his second-in-command and informed the King and Queen that he would stay on as the princess’ instructor in spycraft and combat, and he began a rigorous curriculum with her that very day. Every day and night, he showed her how to evade enemy capture and surveillance, how to react to attacks, how to lie, how to steal, how to assess various combat situations. In time, she has become quite a dangerous individual in her own right.

At least, that’s the story that’s circulated for the past few years.

No one knows why, and there are some who question whether his abdication of office is simply part of a larger ploy, but the King’s new Spymaster seems to know her job just as well as her predecessor and is already building quite a reputation for herself.

Why:
Murdock trusts the princess, or at least he trusts the training he’s given her over the years. If something has happened that’s got her over her head, it’s something he needs to know about.

RP Sample:
Here’s a bit from Tomb of Annihilation. My cleric Rudra had just picked up the spell Spirit Guardians—this was her first time summoning them:

Rudra
"Mac Lir, who watches over sailors and those who dwell upon the sea, watch over me now."

Rudra scrawls an elaborate and complex figure on her shield then strikes it with her hammer three times, but no sound comes from it.

KRAWWWWWWNNNNNG

The peal of a church bell fills the room and, as if answering a summons, a cloud of fog sweeps into the room and coalesces into several man-shaped figures, each of which seems to hold an oar.

A satisfied grin steals across her face: "Alright, lads. Time to go to work."

Here’s another one of Rudra’s musings from earlier in the game when her party comes across an abandoned mercenary camp, which reminds her of her former life:

Rudra
A wash of bittersweet memories invades Rudra's senses as she looks over the campsite of the mercenaries, and she finds herself smiling in spite of herself. When most folk look back on the nights of their youth, they remember carousing and drinking in taverns, or making just enough trouble to get chased by the city guard.

Rudra, on the other hand, spent most of her nights as a young mercenary in a camp just like this. Whiling the long dark hours away with her brothers- and sisters-in-arms by the fireside, exchanging stories and jokes worn paper-thin by telling and re-telling until they became almost liturgical in nature.

Of course, every time they lost someone in battle, they lost all those stories and jokes as well, which made their passing all the keener in the nights that followed. "A soldier is more than boots on the field," her commander would always say over the funeral pyres, "they are a lifetime of memories that we are privileged to share together, made all the more precious by the fact that our work makes our own lifetimes so short. Through each other, we feel we get to live a whole life, and we carry the memories of our dead comrades with us so that they can live a whole life, too."

He/Him

Last edited by DialPforPickles; Dec 30th, 2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Adding app
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Garion Aldur
Race: Half-elf (half-elf variant)
Profession: Rogue
Role: Foreigner
Description: A lean man that stands around 5’9, athletic build. Hazel eyes chestnut hair with a trim mustache and goatee. He looks like a slender human until you get closer and you noticed his body seems more on the elven build, then you see his ears, elven, but much shorter.

He walks in confidence, dressed in Studded leather armor, a bow at his back, a sword at his left hip, a dagger sheathed at each rib and thigh
right-aligned image

Background: Inheritor
Personality Traits: If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
Ideals: Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
Bonds: I will protect those who can not protect themselves.
Flaws: I am convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.
Backstory: He grew up with his human mother and her family, his elven father was with his people. The couple were star-crossed lovers, they had met in passing where each of their group needed to help each other. Falling in love was not planned, it just happened. Sort of like a one night stand where they go their own way after bedding.

As he gotten older, his mother believed that Garion should know about his elven half and she had his father searched until he was found. For a couple of years, his father taught him a brief elven history and his elven abilities. Then they said their goodbyes and he never saw him again.

For a while, he had trouble fitting in, he was half-elven to the humans, almost a rarity, but yet, any elves he would come across, would view him as a half-human. He got involved with the wrong crowd and joined a Thieves guild. That only lasted awhile since he was too good nature for that line of work.

Time went on and he would scout for parties, joined a couple of adventuring group and while with the last group, he helped defeated an evil warlock which got his name out there along with the group he was in, gaining a bit of a reputation. While still a rogue, he would use his trade for the good.

His life took a turn when on one of his travels, he came across a Princess from the neighboring Kingdom. Her entourage had a run in with a band of goblins and Garion came across them near the end of the battle. After helping them, their ranger and tracker was heavily wounded. While no ranger and not experienced at tracking as rangers were, he was a decent scout and offered to help guide them back home.

Since then, the two had flirted with each other whenever they met. It was nothing really serious, but Garion was in head over heels for the Princess, and he was pretty sure she felt something for him as well, but the problem was that he was not a noble and her father insisted that only a noble would take her hand in marriage. Her mother however, liked Garion and knew a few elves. So all he could do was take it day by day.
The day came when she was traveling to Garion’s Kingdom for peace and partnership with her own Kingdom. She asked him to join him, knowing she didn’t have to ask. Of course he would.

Roleplaying Sample: (from another game) "Well, it was a bloody mess, but the half-drow is dead and that human vampire is gone. Never liked those two, creepy. We'll have to deal with the drows, but we'll get thru it."

The 2nd man nodded. "Aye, they only come up at night, both Guilds will have men at watch, so they won't try anything. Not sure why we have to deal with them in the first place, they can't be trusted, worse that the half-drow bastard."

The 3rd man entered the room during the conversation. "Wouldn't worry about the drows, they're leaving. For good too I think."

The other two men turned to him with shocked look and the first man spoke. "Seriously? What happened? Drows don't back down from nothing."

The 3rd man let out a deep sigh. "The brings us to another problem. Vampires. Two of the drows are dead, one claimed it was from a ripper."

The 2nd man finally spoke. "What's a ripper?"

"A ripper is a vampire that can't control himself, goes into a frenzy. Worse type of vampire."

The other two just stared at him. "Bloody hells, you think that Jett escaped and brought his vampire friends?"

"I don't know, where Harrel and Kory? They should have been here by now."

Then a knock came at the door, curious, one of them got up and went to the door. "Who is it?"

"A message!"

Bit steamed, figuring the other two wasn't going to make the meeting, he opened the door. "What's the message?" His eyes then went wide when he saw the messenger. "J-J-Jett!"

Jett stood there with a cold dead smile. "Message is, your turn to die." he said with a calm even but gravel voice.

The other two stood up as they heard a sound of a blade swoosh and their friend's head flew at them. They screamed out as Jett dove after them. There was a ruckus and sounded like a tornado was inside the room. Then a sound of a window breaking. A few minutes later, other members ran to the door and burst it open and there were the 3 men, dead and decapitated and a breeze was coming in from the broken window…

Why: He's in love

Last edited by Seekr34; Dec 31st, 2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 09:10 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1514
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Introduction
left-aligned image
Mara "Mercy" Sweetwater
Role: Lover
Class: Hexblade 1/Swashbuckler 9
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Sailor/Pirate

Personality Trait: I am always looking for a good time, be it drinks or dice.
Personality Trait: I'll never back down from a drinks, dice or a fight, its usually drinks or dice
Bond: I stole a sentient dagger that has cursed me. I cant be anything but good.
Bond: I am no princess but my goodness she is a treasure.
Ideal: I just want to sail off into the sunset...with a princess.
Flaw:I am ever trying to prove my masculinity.

Last edited by JohnStone; Jan 11th, 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 10:49 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
So yes, there will only be Unless something amazing happens and we try to run 2 games or something.1 character from each role accepted. So yes, if you are the only one that completes an application for your role, the odds are ever in your favor.

We have some great applications already. I am very excited to get this adventure starting, which is a big reason why the expiration date is only 11 days out.

Let me know if you have any more questions!