Game Thread Bingo Heist - Page 12 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old Dec 13th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Wishkamon's Avatar
Wishkamon Wishkamon is offline
Literal Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5962
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Posts: 1,023
Agetha rhyneheart
right-aligned image


"Miss Agetha! You are looking radiant as always! Oh, that dress is absolutely lovely!"
A cloaked/hooded face of Caspian appears in the darkness. "Please forgive my appearance... I'm in incognito mode. I'm afraid that, due to safety risk-assessment protocols put in place by my designer, this gate has been reduced to 10 percent functionality until the threat levels return to an acceptable level. This reduction to my functionality means that I cannot provide transport at this time. However, I do have access to my memory database. How may I be of service?"

The old bard was more relieved to find Caspain unharmed than she would have admitted out loud, but any sincere reaction was masked by years of relentless and now compulsive melodrama.
"Oh darling, you're alright! I was so terribly worried!" She began with her usual oh-so-sincere tone, one paw pressed to her chest to express the extent of her concern. Behind the ancient arc she could still see the giant red creature floating menacingly, it's hot breath rising like great plumes of smoke in the frigid atmosphere. Embarrassingly her spell hadn't stuck to the bitch. He forced her attention back to Caspian.

She wondered if he would make an exception to the rules about accessing personal data for her, given the circumstances, but she didn't want to waste her breath with the foe so nearby. There were so many questions on the tip of her tongue- what were the circumstances of Bruumhilda's residence here? What did he know about this mysterious egg? What was the relationship between Bruumhilda and Mz. LeVeaux? Did he prefer the crimson or the scarlet lipstick better?

Hum.

Still, these things could wait. The rampaging demon-spawn seemed like it needed addressing the most right now, given the closeness of it.

In a stage whisper, she asked "Yes darling, you've been here in this hall a while, you must have seen our flea-infested friend Bugsy in action before- does it have a command word or something we could use to get it's help?

 




OOC
Faerie fire is cast between n11 and k14
__________________
My bones are lazy, but my soul's on fire.
Agetha - Philamine - Ches - Daigen

Last edited by Wishkamon; Dec 13th, 2020 at 03:08 PM.
  #167  
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 11:47 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13064
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 2,688
The Chase Scene
right-aligned image
John had always* had a little bit of a sixth sense about him, alerting him to imminent danger. There was always danger, of course, but sometimes it was more imminent than others. That sense served him well today as he juked sideways just in time to avoid being vivisected by the Jehovan knight. Still, the sword put a rather painful cut in his side, damaging his pride... and his favorite vest. Wasn't Carver supposed to be dealing with that one? The gentleman spy cast a glance around the room, trying to figure out what had happened to the Jaarl. Off galivanting around doing his own thing, apparently. What was the use of making a plan if nobody was going to follow it?

John did spot Zurs however. The orc was standing around more confused than menacing. He at least had shaken off whatever power had gripped him. Not so much luck with the cultist John had squared off against, however. He was obviously trying to cast some kind of mumbo jumbo John's way. John just glared back at him and thought on his feet.

Zurs... Perhaps he'd help out with Mildred? Surely he had a vested interest in his friends' mental liberty. Maybe not a nemesis, then. Maybe... maybe... a buddy cop sort of situation? *'I slept with his granddaughter, he tried to kill me. Twice. Together, we fight crime!'* Maybe John could get the mercenary to sit down for a cup of tea later and hash out the details. For now, though...

"They've been mind controlled. Those red cube things you all ate. Give her a love tap, see if you can get her to come to her senses!"

For his part, mind controlled or not, John decided that pinned between the knight and the cultist was the last place he wanted to be right now. They'd come at him from two sides. Crafty, but rather simplistic as these sort of things went. For a seasoned swordsman like John, it was child's play to slip out from the jaws of their trap and into a more advantageous position. The thing about flanking maneuvers was, if you could get out of them, you could pick off the sides one at a time. Divide and conquer. He circled around the cultist and flicked out with his blade once more.



*Well, since about 5th level or so. But who's counting?

OOC
 

 
__________________
I have returned - catching up.

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseJohn Alias

Last edited by hafrogman; Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:28 AM.
  #168  
Old Dec 17th, 2020, 08:58 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"
  #169  
Old Dec 17th, 2020, 10:57 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Boss Battle
Round 3: Lair ActionJohn was making short work of the Jenova's Witnesses, but was feeling a bit abandoned by his teammates. On their own, the two smiling fools didn't pose much of a threat, but if they were to move into a flanking position, they could cause some damage. He needed assistance.

It was at this time that he felt it. A familiar feeling as the hair stood up on the back of his neck. The temperature dropped dramatically as the icy whirlwind was summoned through the open skylight above.

Bugsy's fog cloud was dispersed, revealing the Dragon Dog, wings beating as it hovered dangerously in the air. It was scanning the battleground, but stopped and made eye contact with John. There was... recognition behind those reptilian canine eyes.

OODMLair Action: Icy Gale

An Icy whirlwind blows throughout the dragon's lair. Everyone within 120 ft of the dragon must make a Constitution Saving Throw vs DC15. On a Fail, you take 1D10 Cold Damage.

I rolled for the damage and this round it would cause 8 Cold Damage if you fail.

I know that Betty has the Boots of the Hinterlands so she would only take 4 Cold Damage if she fails the save.



Round 3: Carver's ActionChest heaving and steam rising from his magma exterior after the blast of icy wind, Carver was smiling. He felt alive! His blood was pumping. His heart was pounding.

"Oh, I'm coming for you!" He whispered, staring crazily at the Oni floating near the second floor railing. "For death or glory!"

His hands lit up again, wreathed in flame as he ran towards one of the pillars holding up the second floor balcony. His aim was true as he released a bolt of fire at the icy pillar, incinerating the ice and revealing the raw stonework underneath. Gold and Platinum coins, various gemstones, and a few ornate rings fell to the ground and scattered across the icy floor.

Carver jumped onto the pillar and began to climb. His fingers barely finding the small grooves and handholds in the stonework. In an instant, he was standing on top of the balcony railing and, with all the grace and balance of a ballet dancer, closed the distance between himself and the Oni.

Unfortunately, he nearly lost his footing just as he moved in for the punch. But, nonetheless, he had garnered the Oni's attention...

Or, at least he did for a moment... Because, it was at this moment that, out of the corner of everyone's eyes, they could see something clinging to the neck of Bugsy. An elderly woman, bleeding, battered, and bruised, was holding on for dear life to the canine dragon's neck.

Carver's Actions
 






OODM
 


 


It's Betty and Milo's Turn!

Please double-check the "Party Stats" spoiler button table. Please make sure that I have the correct HP amounts, AC, and Active Effects.

 


 


 




Allies
 










__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"
  #170  
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is online now
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5702
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 3,240
Milo Dunnwood
right-aligned image
As the ice wind tore through the room, Milo tried to brace himself... but it took all his energy to maintain flight as he was buffeted by the freezing air.

"HOLY HELLS, THAT'LL CHAFE A MAN'S NIPS FOR SURE!" But there was no time to think about chafed nips unfortunately; the halfling still had a giant red woman to worry about. However, Hildy seemed to no longer be invested in him... which was, frankly, ruder than hell. Here was Milo busting out flight and pyrotechnics and everything to awe and impress, and she couldn't even be bothered to pay attention?

"What are you looking at?" Dropping his defenses, the old bro turned and glanced further down the hall. Let's see... there was Esme... Bugsy's fog had lifted and he appeared to now be some kind of strange lizard dog monster.... John was fighting two or three guys at once... wait. "... UNSPORTSMANLIKE!" No wonder Bruumhilda couldn't focus on their epic battle! She was distracted by John being forced to fight multiple people at once; a real dick move on their part to be honest. Getting a brief read of the situation, Zurs appeared to be confused and injured... then there was the lady in armor from before. "... nope. She's still terrifying, I'm not gonna piss her off right now." Finally, there was some other random dude. Was he with Zurs and his group earlier? Maybe? Who keeps track honestly?

"... okay, bye!" Pointing his mighty finger gun out toward the target, Milo let fly a tremendously powerful blast of fire.

That's what it felt like anyway. The reality was that the career-ending fireball Milo had tried to cast came out more like a fart through a lighter, so diminished by the cold in the air that it just spiraled pathetically through the air, eventually connecting with the man, but leaving him looking mildly sun-burned at best.

"... and let THAT be a lesson to you to play by the rules!"
MechanicsInitiative: 12

Milo fails his Con save and takes 8 damage, but succeeds on his concentration save to maintain Fly.

Action: Milo casts Fire Bolt at JW Cult Fanatic.
Fire BoltAttack: 16 (hit)
Damage: 4 fire damage


Free Action: (If Betty falls) Milo ends his Fly spell
Reaction: (If Betty falls) Milo casts Choose up to five falling creatures within range. A falling creature's rate of descent slows to 60 feet per round until the spell ends. If the creature lands before the spell ends, it takes no falling damage and can land on its feet, and the spell ends for that creature.Feather Fall on both he and Betty

Move: -
Bonus: -
__________________
I have taken the Oath!

Last edited by Touketsu; Dec 22nd, 2020 at 01:34 PM.
  #171  
Old Dec 22nd, 2020, 02:23 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 7398
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 7,072
Betty
left-aligned image
It suddenly felt like Betty was stuck in the kitchen freezer. Again. Oh, but that top notch Jen & Larry’s ice cream was worth 3 hours stuck in that icebox. This time, her new fuzzy slippers were keeping her nice and warm. Mostly. Ignoring the goosebumps running up and down her arms she called out to Bugsy.

"Good boy, Bugsy! Keep it up! You keep Esmeralda away from this good for nothing mentirosa!" The last word echoed off the walls as she screamed it at the oni hovering past the railing of the upper floor. Betty did not like this at all. The red skinned fiend was trying to get away. She was trying to hurt loyal Bugsy. Not on her watch. The barbarian gritted her teeth, swayed her hips left and right. Not for the first time was she grateful for her time at the spa. Her hip felt 60 again and that was good news for her and bad news for Hildy.

Without a second thought Betty let out a battle cry and ran forward towards the balcony’s edge, towards the treacherous Not-Fairy and leaped out over the railing. For a millisecond it felt like the enraged grandmother was flying. Mid-flight Betty cocked back her fist and waited until she was nearly on top of her target. A vicious, blood pumping THUD preceded two Ok, not really. Only one gut and it was a 5, but hey. It's better than nothing.equally vicious punches she delivered to the side of the oni's head. Hanging on for dear life, Betty attempted to wrestle the treacherous witch.

If only she could hang on, Betty might have a chance to choke the hag with her own jelly cubes.
Betty's Action Block and OOC
 

Betty's Stat Block
 
__________________
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by lydklein; Dec 22nd, 2020 at 03:09 AM.
  #172  
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 12:04 AM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Boss Battle
Round 3: Bottom of Round
 


There was a look of pure terror on Esmeralda LeVeaux's face as she held on tight to the massive canine's fur. Unfortunately, Bugsy had twisted at the last moment when she teleported to him. So, instead of a graceful (and gentle) landing upon his mighty frame... She crashed into his left side and had to scramble to stay on top of him. Shifting into a more comfortable position, her chest heaves a sigh of relief before she looks up and catches eyes with the Oni, Bruumhilda.

"Oh... Right..." Her moment of relief was over as she remembered that the battle raged on.

Surveying the area, Esme looked around and saw that some of these people appeared to be attempting to help... Or, at the very least, they weren't actively attacking her... In this situation, that would have to do. She points a bony finger-gun at the Oni.

"Bang!" --- Nothing Happens.

Then she points at the JW Cult Fanatic.

"Bang!" --- Nothing Happens.

Finally, she points at the JW Knight.

"Bang!" --- JW Knight failed her Saving Throw vs Esme's Bane Spell -- Whenever a target that fails this saving throw makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target must roll a d4 and subtract the number rolled from the attack roll or saving throw.A thin orange light shoots out of her fingertip and impacts the Knight, enveloping her in an orange glow, slowing down her movements. It appears that she's having to extend more effort to complete all of her tasks.

The spell took root on the Knight just as Esme felt a violent jarring from the beast beneath her. Looking back up, she saw that Oni-Bruumhilda was closing the distance between them and was lashing out towards her ride. As the Oni began to fly towards Bugsy and Esme, Carver punched at Bruumhilda, but missed and nearly lost his balance.

"Stay still so I can hit you!" He yelled as Bruumhilda floated out of reach. He appeared to be getting annoyed at his ineptitude during this fight. Or, was it he was annoyed that the Oni was ignoring him?

But, Carver wasn't the only person on the battlefield that the Oni was showing little regard for. Taking a hit from Betty, the sweetest barbarian is unable to hold onto the Oni and begins falling to the hard floor below. She falls 5 feet, her brain sends signals to all her limbs, forcing them to cover the vital bits of her body. 10 feet... Betty is curled up. 20 feet... She's bracing for impact.... But then she finds herself delivered safely to the ground. Opening her eyes, she looks around and sees Milo, floating on a large ethereal feather and smiling widely as he, too, is delivered safely to the ground.

They both look up and it finally sinks in just how massive both of these creatures are. From this angle, they can only catch glimpses of Esmeralda in between Bugsy's erratic movements. Oni Bruumhilda is every bit as big as Bugsy. As the Oni flies over, she lashes out twice with the wicked looking Glaive.

Bruumhilda's first Glaive attack sinks in deep into Critical Hit - 46 points of damageBugsy's torso, sending a spray of blood onto those underneath. But, as she pulls the Glaive out and goes to attack a second time, The Glaive is on the floor at K-12Bugsy's tail swipes the Glaive out of her hand and sends it crashing to the floor below.

Bugsy's head rears back before lunging forward, sinking his teeth deep into the 15 points of damageneck and torso of the Oni. From Milo and Betty's 1st-Floor perspective, they can see the First Claw = 11 points of damage

Second Claw = Critical Hit - 24 points of damage
claws on Bugsy's front paws tearing and ripping into the lower torso of the Oni. An even bigger spray of purple blood was accompanied by chunks of red flesh rained down, splattering across the first floor.

Down on the first floor, Zurs calls out to his friends.

"Mildred! Esteban! Stop this at once! In the name of Jenova..." His voice trailed off as he saw Commander Barka and Cadet Jensen rushing off down the hallway towards Valhalla.

As Zurs watched, Commander Barka yelled out; "Out of the Way!" His booming, commanding voice was directed at the two young people that seemed to have wandered their way into the Foyer. Parting to let the Commander and his sidekick pass, was Kevin and Astrid, both with wildly messy hair and wearing incredibly confused looks on their faces.

OODMAnyone that can see Zurs is able to make a Perception Check at this time. DC = 20.




John, being John, was not distracted or deterred by these events. He had trained in the old country with one of the world's greatest spies, Sir Sterling Archer. He imparted some of his wisdom upon John and taught him a little thing called 'Total Situation Awareness'. He easily dodged the Cultist, now known as Esteban, who lunged at him with an open hand wreathed in a sickly green magical radiance. He wasn't 100% successful at dodging both strikes made by the knight, but moving with the direction of her greatsword, The knight, Mildred, made 2 strikes at disadvantage against John. The first one hits = 15 damage, reduced to 7 because of John's Uncanny Dodge.

The second misses.
he turned a decent hit into a minor one.




OODM
 



It's John & Agetha's Turn!

Please double-check the "Party Stats" spoiler button table. Please make sure that I have the correct HP amounts, AC, and Active Effects.

 


 


 




Allies
 










__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"
  #173  
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 02:09 PM
Wishkamon's Avatar
Wishkamon Wishkamon is offline
Literal Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5962
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Posts: 1,023
Agetha rhyneheart
right-aligned image
Once again the icy wind picked up, sending splinters of frozen water tearing through the air. Agetha's breath rose in front of her like a plume of smoke… oh, no wait, it was a cloud of smoke from yet another newly lit cigarette, but even with the fumes in her lungs the cold was enough to cut her to the bone.
She shivered as she huddled by the shadowy gateway, listening to incognito-mode-Caspian spill the beans about the draconic dog. Then he flickered into the abyss and she found herself watching a scene from earlier that day. With a great force of will she was able to tear her eyes away from herself in the background and focus on Bugsy accepting the treat from Dear John, staring up at him with quiet intelligence.

It would seem that, Falcor is honor-bound to perform one act of service for any offering he accepts. Perhaps your friend John could use that information to your advantage?'

Agetha grinned, 'Caspian, Darling, fabulous, I love it'
She moved to the edge of the balcony and was met with the shimmering light from her spell, dramatically but ineffectively lighting the scene. She peered through it, and saw the dragon-dog formerly known as Bugsy fully engaged with the Oni.
She couldn't quite make out where John was through the increasingly bloody frey, but that was OK because she was an actor, darling; she knew how to project.
Deep breath.
John, my pet?! Bugsy owes you a favor! He'll listen to you! she bellowed, and then, feeling a little detached from the action she embued her words with bardic inspiration magic and added, 'You're doing a great job, love!' Even though she had no idea if it was true.

She peered over the edge of the balcony and saw Carver throw a tragically mistimed punch at the largest target in the room. Poor kitten looked like he probably could have used the inspiration better than John. She snorted a little in amusement at seeing one of the toughest roughousers in Valhalla coming up so inadequately; it was a little disappointing really. She gazed down at his oiled shoulders for a moment, remembering the fire with which he had met her interruption in his precious 'sacred ritual of single combat.'

"Stay still so I can hit you!" He bellowed in impotent rage, and Agetha was overcome with a brief moment of pity.
Well, perhaps she could try to help the beautiful oaf… Oh, she really was just too soft!
The bard lifted her hideously oversized Gem of Brightnessring, waited for the right moment, and sent another of it's blinding flashes in a beam at the Oni.
Then she leant over the balcony with a smug, sickly sweet smile, and tapped the ash of her cigarette over the edge nonchalauntly, just in case Carver looked up for the source of the flash.
 


OOC8 damage from con fail. Ending concentration on Faerie Fire.

Movinement- 30ft to O11
Free action- yelling at John
Action- using 1 charge if gem of brightness @ the Oni. Pass 15DC constitution or be blinded for 1 minute.
Bonus action- Bardic inspo for John
__________________
My bones are lazy, but my soul's on fire.
Agetha - Philamine - Ches - Daigen

Last edited by Wishkamon; Dec 31st, 2020 at 02:13 PM.
  #174  
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 07:19 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13064
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 2,688
The Chase Scene
right-aligned image
John barely managed to avoid being thoroughly dismembered by Mildred's oversized blade once again. What was with a sword that size, anyways? Clearly she was overcompensating for something. He shot an exasperated look at Zurs, recalculating his opinion of the mercenary yet again. If all the orc could do in a fight was flounder about helplessly and yell at people, John had no need for him. He already knew two bards.

Speaking of which, John was briefly distracted from his own tribulations by a call from Agetha. When had she gotten back down? No matter. He shook the question aside and tried to focus on what she was saying. Bugsy? A glance back at the pupper... well, full-fledged doggo, John conceded, showed it already locked in a battle with a strange red figure that looked maddeningly familiar. He could only shrug and call back to the doyenne of the stage. "He looks pretty busy, but I'll give it a go! Bugsy! Stop playing with your food. Please swat that thing down and then let's go find Bruumhilda!" He wasn't sure if that counted as two things or not, but well... math had never been his forte.

Still, it was nice to know that Agetha, Milo and Betty had finally joined the battle. Something about having an audience just... inspired him. As a spy, he was supposed to have been circumspect and unnoticed. Or at least that's what his superiors had always been telling him. But somehow, things had always turned out for the best just when they seemed most of out control. He still faced a pair of angry cultists with only the nigh useless Zurs for backup. Just the kind of odds he liked. Dancing circles around the pair once more, he lashed out with his blade towards... what had Zurs called the man? E. Stephen? Close enough.

John's shining silvered blade found its way effortlessly past Emilio(?)'s guard. That's what the man got for wearing a dress, really. It would have been child's play to simply pass his sword through the man's chest and end this, but that wasn't the John Alias™ way! A Jenova cultist with questionable fashion sense he may be, but he was being mind controlled... and that had to count for something. At the last moment, John pulled his thrust to one side, neatly skewering his opponent's shoulder. When the cultist glanced down at this latest injury, John followed up with a swift cross-body hook to the jaw that left Enrique sprawling on the marble and John nursing a bruised hand.

Shaking the pain away, John squared off with Mildred (He'd never forget a lady's name). "One down, one to go." He smiled disarmingly at the knight and gave unlikely alliances one last hurrah. "C'mon Zurs. Don't use your words! Remember what it is to be a man... er... orc! Let's see what you can really do when you don't put your mind to it. What say you and I double-team Miss Mildred here..." He gave a lecherous wink to indicate that the turn of phrase had been entirely intentional. "Then we can dispense with the rest of this riff-raff and sit down for drinks by five. We'll go back to trying to kill each other tomorrow. You know, like gentlemen."

OOC
 

 
__________________
I have returned - catching up.

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseJohn Alias

Last edited by hafrogman; Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:22 AM.
  #175  
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 11:00 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Boss Battle
Round 4: Lair Action
 

Lair ActionThe massive bodies of Bugsy and Oni-Bruumhilda smashed into one another in a clash of fangs, claws and steel. Thick gout's of blood sprayed onto the floor and unsuspecting victims below.

"Bugsy!" John's voice sounded distant, causing Bugsy's ear to twitch and rotate towards him. "Stop playing with your food. Please swat that thing down and then let's go find Bruumhilda!"

Though it didn't appear as if the canine-dragon hybrid had heard him, John could swear that he heard a foreign voice in his mind speak; 'This IS Bruumhilda!... But, nonetheless, I will honor my end of our pact.'

A thin beam of light shot out towards the Oni. At first, it looked like the beam was going to pass by harmlessly... But just as the Oni caught sight of it;

"KABOOM!"

Both Bugsy and Esmeralda managed to turn away as the blinding light exploded in the Oni's face, causing it to flail wildly and claw at it's own eyes.

"OOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!"

A powerful howl echoed throughout the space as the wind kicked up once more, sending a violently cold shiver throughout the spines of everyone occupying the empty space.

OODMEveryone needs to make another Constitution Saving Throw vs DC15. If you fail, you take the following Cold damage;

Dice Roll:
1D10 2






OODM
 



It's Betty & Milo's Turn!

Please double-check the "Party Stats" spoiler button table. Please make sure that I have the correct HP amounts, AC, and Active Effects.

 


 


 




Allies
 










__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"

Last edited by Reliq0770; Jan 5th, 2021 at 11:11 PM.
  #176  
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 11:00 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 7398
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 7,072
Betty
left-aligned image
As her tiny, furry slippers touched down lightly upon the foyer's elegant floor, the fuming abuelita glanced up at Milo. Dear, sweet, hilarious Milo was her hero. She owed him a life debt now. Betty made a mental note to also have her beautiful granddaughter knit Milo a nice scarf.

She growling, baring her teeth, at Beast-hilda. A great big flash of light lit up her hideously red face. Seeing the faux fairy squint painfully tickled Betty's fancy. Letting out a manic hoot the dragon dog's icy magic barely registered as it blasted through the room. Her breath visible in the air in rhythmic puffs the only sign to her that the temperature had definitely dropped. She didn't care. All she wanted was to teach this naughty little girl a lesson.

Her spotty hand pulled out her last two javelins and heaved them at the still hovering Bruumhilda. She cursed heavily as one flew past the oni, just missing Bugsy. Grimacing, sue made another mental note to send him an apology doggie biscuit. The other javelin, she was glad to see, was was sticking out of uer targets backside.

"Take that, traviesa!"
Betty's Action Block and OOC CON Save fail. Takes half damage because Boots of winterlands.
Betty throws two javelins and hits with one. Causes 6dmg
 

Betty's Stat Block
 
__________________
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #177  
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 11:03 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is online now
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5702
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 3,240
Milo Dunnwood
right-aligned image
As Milo's small form elegantly set down upon the floor, the halfling grinned, quite please with his ingenuity. Nobody could say ol' Milo wasn't quick-witted! Truly, he was the sort to never be caught unawa-

"HOLY FRIGID HOUNDDOGS! ME NIPS!" Milo cried out in shock as he was knocked off his feet by another sudden frosty blast. Luckily, the residual effect of his feather fall allowed the old timer a soft, cushy landing on his butt, but that didn't make a SHRED of difference toward his wounded pride... OR his poor, chapped extremities! Halflings weren't meant for all this cold! "Alright, I think it's about time we settle this! Any longer, and we're gonna be cutting into Bingo Night! AND TONIGHT, LUCK IS ON MILO'S SIDE DAMN IT! I'm gonna get more bingo balls in the basket than anybody else! I don't care WHO the goalie is! Big Daddy Dunnwood's gotta win back his cash!"

Luckily, Milo had a firmer grasp on magic than he did on what exactly Bingo was, as he made a fresh attempt at a heat metal spell... this time, from the ground. As the halfling focused on the massive woman's armored clothing, it began to glow red hot again... much to Bruumhilda's discomfort.
MechanicsInitiative: 12

Milo succeeds on his Con save and takes 1 cold damage directly to his chapped nips (though his pride takes 30 psychic damage).

Action: Milo casts Heat Metal at 4th level on Bruumhilda.
Heat MetalDamage: 20 Fire

Bruumhilda has disadvantage on attacks and ability checks until the spell ends, or she removes her armor.


Free Action: -
Reaction: -
Move: -
Bonus: -
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
  #178  
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 04:50 AM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4257
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,514
Boss Battle
Round 4: Lair Action
 

Carver
His rage was building. The lava that snaked across his Eldritch Armor-Like skin like veins pulsed as he held up both his palms.

Agatha could feel the temperature raise by a few degrees as Carver coalesced balls of fire in his palms. His muscles rippled as his arms arced back. Like a strange mixture of a baseball pitcher and quickdraw gunslinger, he threw four motes of bright orange/red fire with deadly precision.

Two of the rays slammed into the Oni, dispersing in curling tendrils of flames that leave scorch marks on it's back. The other two, however, streak past the Oni, appearing to miss their target. But, the smile on Carver's face seemed to suggest otherwise. Following the path of these streaks of flame, one disperses itself at the feet of Mildred, the JW Knight. She looks down, temporarily distracted by the unexpected fire blast, before barely catching a glimpse of the second Scorching Ray that slams into the left side of her face.

As the flame disperses around Mildred's face, smoke sizzles up from her head as her left eye is rendered dead and useless.



Esmeralda

Continues holding on to Bugsy/Falcor for dear life.



Bugsy, aka Falcor
The pact he made with the one known as John needed to be fulfilled. Of course, he'd been put in worse situations over the many years of his long life... He supposed stopping a fiend was as good a command as any.

Rearing back, he felt Esmeralda's hands grip tighter at his soft fur. His front paws reared up and slashed at the Oni, sending even more gouts of blood cascading to the ground below. But, this time, Falcor didn't just stop at slashing. His massive canine-dragon arms wrapped around the Oni and pulled her in close. His claws dug into her back, piercing and ripping the remaining muscle and flesh as she struggled to get free. In an instant, Falcor reared his head back and unhinged his jaws, clamping them down and enveloping a large portion of the Oni's torso.

The Oni continued to writhe and wiggle, desperately trying to free itself from Falcor's grip, to no avail.

Having successfully subdued his target, Falcor rotated in place, spinning himself and his prey until they were inverted 180 degrees. Then, with a mighty flap of his wings, he launched straight downward, plummeting through the table and into the cold, hard floor below.

A plume of icy dust erupts all around the collision. As it settles, you can all see Falcor, Esmeralda, and the Oni lying prone in the slight crater created by the impact.


Astrid and Kevin
Moving aside, both Astrid and Kevin look confused as Commander Barka and Cadet Jensen tear off down the hallway towards Valhalla. Fighting and the clinking of steel can be heard in the distance, sparking a sense of curiosity and urgency in the young couple.

Astrid, more curious than scared, grabbed Kevin's hand and practically drug him further into the foyer. They both stopped, jaws agape, as they lay eyes on the crater created by the massive fighting beasts surrounded by the various warriors.

Kevin, regaining his faculties before Astrid, cocked his head to the side in a confused stare and said;

"Milo?"



Zurs
He was hurt... badly... His vision was blurred... He could taste the blood in his mouth... He was having difficulty moving his left shoulder. But he had to continue to try;

"Mildred!" He coughed twice, thick globules of blood and spit spewing from his mouth; "Lower your sword! This isn't our fight!"


Mildred
She faltered. Her grip on the greatsword loosened for a moment. John could see that she was grinding her teeth in that forced smile. She was fighting. A single tear fell from her eye and worked it's way down her cheek. She faltered... If only for a moment... She faltered.

Unfortunately, the Tombstone Jelly Cube's grip on her was too strong. The grinding of her teeth stopped as she readjusted her grip on the hilt of the blade and closed the distance between herself and John.

Whether it was the retired spy's dexterous moves, or the bane spell cast upon Mildred via Esmeralda, the knight's swings both sliced harmlessly through the air.



Oni-Bruumhilda
The first to recover their faculties after the impact, Oni-Bruumhilda slowly lumbered to her feet. She was bleeding profusely as the scorch marks on her back were beginning to heal themselves. She was free of the canine-dragon's grasp, but a bit dazed and confused. She still couldn't see and her chain armor was melting her flesh. These foolish mortals were so annoying... Nonetheless, Falcor remained the biggest threat in the room and Esme was with him. She needed that egg and would tear them all limb-from-limb to get it.

But she needed her sight for that. She needed to retreat...

Her hand clasped around her glaive as she smiled and disappeared from sight.





OODM
 



It's John & Agetha's Turn!

Please double-check the "Party Stats" spoiler button table. Please make sure that I have the correct HP amounts, AC, and Active Effects.

 


 


 




Allies
 










__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"
  #179  
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 04:17 PM
Wishkamon's Avatar
Wishkamon Wishkamon is offline
Literal Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5962
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Posts: 1,023
Agetha rhyneheart
right-aligned image
Perhaps it was the heat rising up from the dashing young man below her, but Agetha barely felt the chill this time around. She watched his muscles flex, saw his next attack strike it's targets, and congratulated herself for inspiring him back into form. And… what a form it was.

The elderly bard leant casually on the balcony, relieving a little of the weight from her aching hips as everyone else below scrambled and bloodied themselves in combat. Blood was a nightmare to get off one's clothes.

She watched with a seeming lazy disinterest as the whole sworded scene unfolded. As Beast-Hilda and Beast-uggsy tore savagely at each other, she caught a glimpse of the woman clinging to the glittering fur of the dragon-dog as it unhinged it's vulgar jaw.
'Huh. Do those two know each other?' she called over her shoulder to Caspian, her voice once again a lackadaisical drawl, LeVeaux and the mutt? OH, look! Here comes that Hammerling girl and Kelvin... heaven knows what she sees in him…you didn't hear it from me, but they were enjoying it a little... horizontal refreshment earlier... she laughed, 'oh to be young and in love! Did I ever tell you the story of how I met my late-fiance, Caspian?"'

She was perfectly happy to remain out of harm's way gossiping -after all it looked like the Oni was taking a battering now- it wouldn't be long till-

Oh.

The giant red demon blinked out of sight in an instant, leaving Esmerelda and Bugsy gathering themselves in a large crater on the centre of the foyer. Agatha -naturally indifferent to the fact that there was still combat going on- supposed she ought to get down there; but the stairs still looked daunting so she took a moment to fix her face in a compact mirror first.

 


OOC
Passed con saving throw. (17)
Free action- Gossiping with Caspian
Bonus action - history check on mz LeVeaux (9)

__________________
My bones are lazy, but my soul's on fire.
Agetha - Philamine - Ches - Daigen
  #180  
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 11:32 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13064
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 2,688
The Chase Scene
right-aligned image
John nodded appreciatively at the impact of Bugsy piledriving Bruumhilda into the marble floor. His 'friends' had all flitted off at the start of the fight. Carver had wandered off to do his own thing. Zurs was proving increasingly useless. But the dog, the dog at least he could rely on. "Good show, Bugsy!"

John could feel an all-too familiar ache settling into his muscles. A sword fight after a brisk run down the corridor? And why was it so damnably cold in here? He was feeling a tad winded, if he were to be honest. Age, he supposed. After all, he wasn't in his 60s anymore. Still, there were matters at hand to attend to. Mildred. He squared his shoulders and faced off against the knight. No more spell slingers, no more men in dresses. Just him and her and the steel between them. Mano-a-womano...? He thought that sounded right, but he never had learned the halfling tongue. Maybe he should take a course after everything had settled down.

"Alright, then. Let's see what you're made of, Mildred."

She was going to be a tough nut to crack with all that armor. Best to start wearing her down early with some fancy footwork. He thought back to his old fencing classes. *Let's see what she makes of the old Fibonacci Offense.* A step to the right. Then a step to the left. Was that right correct? Or was that the Timewarp? ... No, that was a jump. He was on the right track here. Step, step, two steps, three steps...

Closing in on his opponent with mathematical precision, John lashed out with his light flexible blade against the hardened shell encasing the knight. This wouldn't be the first time he'd had to slip in past a woman's defenses, and it wouldn't be the last. Feint to the left, watch for the raised arm in defense and then slip inbetween the joints at the armpit. Heavy armor wasn't such a protection against an opponent who knew what he was doing. There was a kind of art to it, and John's specialty was infiltration and penetration. The tip of his blade found the gap between the metal plates and drew first blood. "En garde."

OOC
 

 
__________________
I have returned - catching up.

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseJohn Alias

Last edited by hafrogman; Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB