Game Thread Far and Wide - Page 34 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #496  
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 11:34 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
While the iron is hot...
right-aligned image
The secret door came crashing down and there was the goblin in the fancy hat. But he wasn't alone. There were Orcs. Owain did not hesitate or lose any momentum. He knew just what to do.

As he was rushing towards the mohawk sporting Orcs, he saw Tambovsky keeping pace beside him. A blueish faerie fire flew past and lit up some of their foes. That wasn't the only thing burning. Deep inside the Welshman was a cold burning fury. In that moment he called upon it and unleashed the sleeping battle madness. His muscles flexed as veins bulged across his arms and neck. His eyes were wide and white seeing nothing but violence. His knuckles cracked as he gripped the longsword. Cuchulain was with him, in him. He let the warp spasm seize his entire being.

Owain closed the distance on the Orc that was lit up with the faerie fire. "Die you dog!" The battle madness had him now. He 25 to hitswung the blade in a horizontal arc with impossible force. His arms rippled and bulged as the sword whistled through the air. The 8 damageimpact reverberated through his arms and into his torso echoing a satisfying Thwack! throughout the secret hallway. "Raaaaaaggh!" He screamed, challenging the Orcs and remaining Goblins.

 

 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ ďThere's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.Ē
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Gibbon's Avatar
Gibbon Gibbon is offline
Procrastinator
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 10th, 2021
RPXP: 2015
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
Posts: 934
Jol wonders what Tambovsky and Pippa are looking at, and then winces as Tambovsky charges straight at the stone wall of the gatehouse. Surely that is going to hurt greatly...Jol mutters a prayer, briefly wondering if the Easterner has lost his mind. And then Tambovsky breaks down the secret door that Jol had no idea existed, and suddenly things make far more sense.

The warriors are through and onto the foe in a blink of an eye. Jol sees Pippa light up the goblins cowering in the room, and in particular he sees Plomfleet, he of the green hat and the nasty trickery. As the battle rage consumes Owain and Jol sees that more killing is imminent, the Grey Friar reinforces Pippa's words with a shout of warning to the goblin.

"Plomfleet! Surrender and lie on the floor! It is the only way to save yourself!"

Or so he hopes.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:55 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,674
Noemie can hear shouting down below. The voices definitely her friends. She opens the hatch and catches a blast of hot air smelling of hazel and elder and oak. Flickering green light from below outlines the climbing goblins. The first goblin is an arms length away from Noemie. She grasps one of the daggers. Suddenly she sees a beam of turquoise paint one of the orcs and several goblins below. She just doesn't get a chance to see much more as the goblin continues climbing and pulling a dagger at the same time. Right behind his fellow goblin has pulled a dart and looks to hurl it at her. The dart throwing goblin drops the dart at the sound of a roaring cry from below. Noemie hears Owain howling at the foe.

Tambovsky scrambles to keep his footing and not trip over Thugnarst. The dwarf is half on, half off the wrecked door. He is banging part of the door on the goblin trapped beneath. Rather than stand up, Thugnarst stays on his belly hitting the goblin with the door. Tambovsky raises his shield, watches the goblins and orc turn blue.
Next to Tambovsky, Owain's eyes grow wide with frenzy, his neck bulges and the corded muscles of his arms ripple in the flickering green and turquoise light.
The first orc, shining blue now turns to face the howling welshman. Owain's blade strikes the orc just below the sternum and cuts him in half. The orc's legs and waist steps forward twice before falling over, while the top half clatters to the ground. The second orc stabs at Tambovsky, who catches the blow on his shield just as Pippa's bolt arcs over Tambovsky's shoulder and hits the orc in the face. Tambovsky slides the sword to the side with his shield and stabs the orc through belly, killing him. One of the goblins hurls a knife at Tambovsky. The blade twirls through the air before glancing off his helm. That goblin now has a short spear in his hands.
The goblin in the green hat, who the others call Plomfleet, stares at Pippa as the scroll burns in his hand. He sticks his tongue out at her and
throws the burning scroll at Tambovsky and it explodes in a flash of green and mustard colored light. Plomfleet himself is still staring at Pippa. The green and mustard and turquoise colors fan together and Pippa starts to stare at them before blinking free of the goblins attempt to hypnotize and daze her. Pippa sees the color spray starting to work on the others before fading away. She doesn't know who dispelled it or how and from Plomfleet's surprised look, neither does the goblin. In the wierd glow of all the flickering lights, Pippa sees Plomfleet's eyes squinch with fatigue. He may have just ran out of energy too. She was tired from casting and knew the goblin had cast his share of spells too.
Father Jol's voice carries over the din. The goblin with the spear immediately lays down. Plomfleet glances back over his shoulder and starts to stoop down as well.
Father Jol standing outside sees the change come over Owain, sees the warrior madness take hold and knows Owain is going to kill everything in the tunnel. He also sees the sausage making dwarf enjoying himself way too much battering the door on the trapped goblin, who is now unconscious, if not dead.

OOC-No party members took any damage that round, one goblin surrendering, Plomfleet and two armed goblins on the ladder. Next Round
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:09 AM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image


"Owain!" shouts Tambovsky. "Behind us! There, past Father Jol!"

It is deceit, or at least he believes it isówho knows perhaps there is another force of goblins coming up behind Father Jolóbut it is also the only way he knows to keep his friend from slaughtering a mysterious green-hatted creature who might be the key to explaining everything strange going on at Blaud Hill.





 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:55 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 11,085
Sister Noemie
right-aligned image
Still holding the ax at the ready, Noemie pushed her way into the <insert appropriate room here> in time to see a group of Goblins climbing their way up. The warning from Sherrock that they should expect just what they found caused Noemie to do exactly as she had planned: throw the ax. She targeted the top Goblin and launched the weapon forward. If it should fall, then it could knock the others off the ladder.

 


Last edited by girlplay; Jan 17th, 2021 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 03:11 PM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 1312
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 892
Pippa glances to Jol and doesn't see anything. She wonders if Tambovsky is hallucinating or bespelled. If the human boys are still in trouble in the tunnel, she will fire another firebolt. She'll choose orc first, then any goblin still trying to fight, and last choice is Plomfleet. She won't strike the one that surrendered or any that surrender before she conjures her little firebolt.

Save your lives, surrender! Pippa joins a small chorus of attackers pleading for their prey to stop fighting to their own deaths.

 

Last edited by cappucina; Jan 17th, 2021 at 03:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Gibbon's Avatar
Gibbon Gibbon is offline
Procrastinator
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 10th, 2021
RPXP: 2015
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
Posts: 934
At Tambovsky's shout, Jol glances quickly over his shoulder, expecting to see more goblins bearing down on them. The surprise to see nothing there is quickly replaced by the realisation that Tambovsky is trying to distract Owain from his killing spree. It's a good plan, he thinks with approval. And then a new thought suddenly sinks in. Jol realises that he is directly in between the battle-crazed warrior and the imaginary goblins Tambovsky just pointed him at. Now Owain might not go for this distraction, but if he does...

The Gray Friar steps aside in a most unseemly manner, almost tripping over himself to get out of the way.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 10:49 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
A burning fury
lives inside of everyone,
what will you feed yours?
right-aligned image
Blood. It hit his face in a warm spray as the Orc hit the ground in two pieces. Tambovsky dropped the other one but, Owain did not see. His vision was crimson but not because of the orc blood. All he could see was Kendyrís sister Kayleth shivering in that cave. Her fine elven face swollen and bruised, streaming with tears. Her clothes ripped and stained with dried blood. He was just a boy then but that's when the rage awoke. The memory always came flooding back when he faced orcs. She was fine now, they got her back but, how many were not so lucky? How many sisters, daughters, or brothers gasped their last breaths in a filthy cave with stinking orcs? The Welshman would do what he could to lower that number whenever he got the chance.

Someone shouted his name, he thought. I have a name? Yes. Owain! Not Cu Cuchulain. It was the man in metal. He is not an enemy to cut down. But, he was pointing. To the robed man! No! He is not your foe. He helped us. Behind? The priest stepped aside.

Owain could see no more enemies. He turned in a slow circle as his sword dripped a red ring onto the floor. There were no more orcs breathing. The goblins lay cowering on the ground, hardly a threat. He shook and roared in the hallway in an attempt to expel the madness. The bloodlust was boiling and unquenched. It had to go somewhere. The Welshman drove his sword into the dead Orc at his feet and punched the wall twice as hard as he could with tears streaking through the blood on his face. He screamed until his lungs were empty then leaned against the wall panting for a moment.

"It's ok. I'm back now."

 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ ďThere's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.Ē
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 03:28 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 2,674
Owain roars over the pieces of dead orc and glares around, looking for more foes. He sees one goblin, then two, laying down on the floor. He is about to stride over and crush their spindly necks beneath his feet when he hears dim voice. Someone shouting a name. His name! There are foes to the rear! Owain turns, swinging his sword as he does, almost hitting Pippa. His blade just passes over the top of her head. Owain stares around the room and down through the doorway down the stairs. His blood dimmed vision sees Father Jol, desperately leaning into the wall and just behind him is the crossbowman from the Inn. Owain bares his teeth, taking a step towards Father Jol and the mercenary. Then his name registers, his name Owain ap Gwalchmei, Owain, "the Falcon of May." He could see no more enemies, just the cowering goblins and his friends, Owain's friends, who was him, he was Owain ap Gwalchmei. He slowly turned around and roared again at the cowering goblins, roared into the hall as he regained himself and expended the madness. He stabbed the orc, then a goblin, then punched the wall and screamed and screamed to exhaustion. He rested his forehead against the wall before hoarsely whispering,
Quote:
"It's ok. I'm back now."
Tambovsky is now covered in orc gore and goblin dung. With orc blood dripping from his helmet onto his forehead and face, he sees the warrior madness in Owain. Tambovsky had heard norse doing such things, but had never seen it before. Tambovsky could feel the heat of Owain's rage pouring off his friend. He knew too, the remaining goblins stood no chance against such madness. He only had to look at the orc cut cleanly in half to know that. Tambovsky points and shouts, watches Owain turn, scaring Father Jol and everyone else, even Jeen. Then Tambovsky sees Brossard out on the steps, calmly watching Owain and loading his crossbow. Only the sweat trickling down the man's forehead belies his fear of Owain. Yet he manages it, staying calm and preparing to defend himself and others if Owain attacks any of them.
Pippa watches the goblins and blinks when Owain's sword cuts the air just inches from the top of her head. Plomfeelt saw that too, his eyes go wide and he lays down, pushing the other goblin forward towards Owain as he does. Pippa felt he had planned something else, but Owain's rage changed his mind. Plomfleet is now looking to Jol, a child like pleading look in his eyes. He looks pitiful and sad, not triumphant and maliciously happy at all. Not like before when he thought he had them. Pippa doesn't have to use her fire bolt. All the goblins have surrendered, even the one on the ladder. He dropped down when Owain's back was turned and scuttled over to Plomfleet. All three goblins now huddled together, one sucking his thumb.
Father Jol took a deep breath. He had read of such madness and he heard stories, but he had never seen it, never felt it. He watched Owain slowly breath, recovering before Jol heard Plomfleet's say in a rather small voice, We surrender to Father Jol. We put ourselves in his care and no other. Plomfleet says this and slyly sticks his tongue out at Pippa and Tambovsky, hoping Father Jol doesn't see.

In the upper gatehouse, Noemie steps over to the open door and sees more of a small, chimney size chute than a room. The ladder is against the far wall in a space roughly four feet by four feet. The ladder goes all the way up to the roof. Noemie doesn't hesitate, hurling her axe and hitting the top goblin right in the head. The axe cuts through his leather helm and sinks into his skull. The goblins dark eyes grow soft and roll into the back of his head as his fingers slacken and he falls back and then tumbles over and into the goblin behind him. That goblin was about to throw a dart, then dropped it as the dead goblin hit him. Noemie could hear more roaring downstairs. It didn't sound human. Sherrock came up to her, his eyes wide with concern as he looked down, pointing his arrow at the remaining goblin. The goblin slid back down the ladder and moved out of sight. Sherrock doesn't look at Noemie as he says, That is Owain, he has gone mad with fury. Orcs can do that to him. Orcs badly harmed a dear friend of his... Sherrock doesn't say anymore as they listen to Owain's roaring slow and then cease altogether. Noemie hears small goblins voices surrendering, calling out Father Jol's name specifically.
Behind her, Lady Danicea sits against wall, her face pale and pinched from wincing against the pain of her wounds. Sherrock looks over at Lady Danicea and then at Noemie, We should go down and join the others. I don't think staying separated is safe. With all this noise we have made, whatever garrison or warren of goblins and orcs is about, will have probably heard us. There are too few of us to watch the Gatehouse and the Wall and the rest....Once the orcs and goblins wake up and take a look, we could be in for a long night. Back at the Chancellery we have a better chance of defending ourselves. The Chancellery also has food and wine and bandages and beds if you can believe that. You want to climb down the ladder first and I will help Danicea climb down. When you get to the bottom, careful around Owain. He sounds calm now, but don't take your chances.

OOC-Father Jol roll for spot, Pippa and Tambovsky, roll for insight.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Jan 22nd, 2021 at 03:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 12:11 AM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image


Tambovsky continues to feel the shame of trying to deceive Owain, particularly when he notices that just as Owain's rage begins to subside, his own grows within himóthe goblins are to blame.

"You surrender only to Father Jol?" he yells at the goblins in disgust. "Do you think you who have lost the battle will rule to us the nature of your lowly state? Be glad you have life and surrender to any man, snake or turtle-dove we appoint to be your gaoler!"

Furious, he pulls the two smaller goblins up from around the green-hatted one. He would not allow the goblins to think they would get their way, but of course he was going to allow Father Jol and the gnome who accompanied him to determine what to do with this goblin who seemed behind everything.

"You two," he bellows at the other captives as he cuts slices of rope and prepares it to lash around them, binding their arms to their chests. "Let's go. You will have ropes, but no beatings. You will have no luxury, but you will have food ... that is, if you stand and come now. Otherwise ... "

He would take these two prisoners to the chancellery. If they obeyed his orders, he would honor his promises. If they strayed, he would still honor his promises ... but then he would wash his hands of them and transfer them over to the care of a certain halfling among them.



 


 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 27th, 2021 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 12:09 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 11,085
Sister Noemie
right-aligned image
Noemie returned the daggers to Sherrock. "I appears that I did not require these after all," she said as she handed them over. "Yes, let us regroup with the others and share what we have learned. If there are more enemies abound, then we need to formulate a more concrete plan." She then began descending the ladder, eventually emerging in the room below.

Noemie hit the floor next to the 2 Goblins that she had dropped down. "It's raining Goblins today," she quipped. Her face was flushed from exertion but she seemed otherwise unharmed. "Lady Danicea and Sherrock are on their way down. She was unfortunately injured while we were facing off against an Orc. We also discovered something odd - magical, perhaps - above." The sister gave Owain a long, appraising look.

Switching to Tambovski, she added, "My apologies for getting separated."


Last edited by girlplay; Jan 23rd, 2021 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 11:29 AM
Gibbon's Avatar
Gibbon Gibbon is offline
Procrastinator
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 10th, 2021
RPXP: 2015
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
Posts: 934
Breathing heavily, Jol watches as Owain beats his fists on the wall, frantically at first, then gradually slower and slower as the blood-rage finally begins to drain out of him. Jol can feel his heart thumping in his chest, a frenzied rhythm of fear and excitement. Perhaps it is the same response to battle that tips Owain into the madness. But for Jol, it just makes him want to run and hide, somewhere far away. Preferably back in his apiary in the Abbaie de Corbie.

It is not the first time today the Gray Friar has wished he was back in the cloisters of Corbie. Maybe Jol will earn some peace in the apiary again. But not today. This day, Orion has other work for him.

He glares at Plomfleet as Tambovsky makes the goblin's plight quite clear.

"You will be making no demands of anyone, Master Goblin. Lest you forget, you tried to murder us. Several times. Nor will you speak again until you are spoken to. Or else." The Gray Friar gestures in the general direction of Owain and Tambovsky, to make the point. Of course, he has no intention of harming any of the goblins, or handing them over to Owain to finish off (not that there is a great deal Jol could do about it if the Welshman has other ideas about that, of course). But it will do no harm if Plomfleet is left not quite sure of his situation.

"We should question these goblins and then get back to the chancellery" he murmurs to Tambovsky, once the warrior has finished binding the two he pulled aside. "There will be more of them, I am sure. And while it does feel that however many there are, you and Owain will always outnumber them, perhaps we should not put that to the test. Now, you are injured. Please, let me assist."

Assuming Tambovsky acquiesces, Jol checks him over, attending to his injuries. He murmurs a prayer to Orion, to aid him in his healing work.

"You are going to ache tomorrow, I think. But nothing broken. This will have to do for now. Once we are safely back in the chancellery, I will have another look."

With the noise of someone descending a ladder into the room, Jol's heart sinks. More goblins, so soon? But then he realises the newcomer is no goblin, nor an orc. He recognises her immediately. Jol and Noemie did not spend much time together in the abbey, but they had spoken, and Jol knew her mentor Brother Donal very well. He and Jol had a shared interest in herbology, and Donal would often seek Jol out after a trip to the forest to show him a new herb or wild plant he had found growing there.

"Sister Noemie!" he says. "It is you! I thought my eyes deceived me, when I saw you earlier. I am glad to see you! But...how...what brings you here?"

Just briefly, Jol holds out hope that perhaps she has come to bring instructions for him to return to the Abbey. Could it be that the honey yield is down, and they need Jol's expertise to revive the apiary? Less honey means less mead, and no one would be happy about that. But something tells him he is not going to be so lucky.

OOC and rolls
Dice Spot:
1d8+4 (4)+4 Total = 8

Dice Spot, using a d20 this time:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10

Dice Cure Wounds on Tambovsky:
1d8+6 (3)+6 Total = 9


Last edited by Gibbon; Jan 24th, 2021 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 07:45 PM
cappucina's Avatar
cappucina cappucina is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 1312
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Posts: 892
Pippa just stands there with her arms crossed and a slight scowl on her face as she startes at Plomfleet. He has stuck out his tongue at her not once, not twice, but three times. As if this play time and he is a child. Yes, she wants to be there during his interview.

Even with a newcomer or two - oh she recognizes them from running up the stairs - she keeps her eyes on that goblin.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 08:03 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
Good girl by day.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 11,085
Sister Noemie
right-aligned image
Noemie turned at the sound of her name. "Father Jol. It is indeed good to see you again. This work keeps proving how small it really is. I am here with Owain and Tambrovski's group of travelers. They came to my aid after a harrowing night and we travelled her together. It seemed prudent given the Troll on the road." The creature would still have to be dealt with at some point, lest it grow hungry once more. But they had smaller Goblin-shaped fish to fry before then. "And, what brings you?" she returned the question.

Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 10:33 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
Flames fade to embers
right-aligned image
There was a throbbing in his head. It was the beating of his own heart. Owain's vision was a bit blurry and everything was still fuzzy. As easy as it was to give in to the rage, coming back was always difficult. As useful as it was, he feared that one day the madness would consume him and he'd never find his way home. Back to his father's land, the mountains of Snowdonia.

But today was not that day. Tambovsky had a fire in him today as well. He bellowed at the cowering goblins as he snatched up two. Honestly, killing them would be a mercy but, he will follow along with the others. Owain is too tired to argue and confident that they pose little threat.

"Otherwise I'll pound you into mince. You saw how I cleaved your big Orc in twain. Think hard on what this sword would do to you dregs and keep yer yaps shut. You are lucky enough to surrender at all." The barbarian finished the soldier's thought. "We should search the one in the hat who thinks he's so clever."

Owain nodded to Sister Noemie when she dropped down the ladder. "I'm glad you found us." After hearing Lady Danicea had been injured he quickly moved to the ladder to help Sherrock bring her down. He smiled and put his hand on the Elf's shoulder. "Thank you, old friend."

"I agree. We should get back to the chancellery. At least we didn't have to waste the good spirits on that troll. That should help soothe the stings a bit."

 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ ďThere's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.Ē
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB