Old Jan 24th, 2021, 07:50 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15834
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
erm, okay. Aja failed both at sneaking and disabling
So first thing first:
  • Does Aja have a gaping hole in her chest(AC 12)?
  • Is there an option to retry her Engineering roll?
I don't have access to my book at the moment, and it didn't say anything in my google results.

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Rairly Available

Last edited by Silk; Jan 24th, 2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 09:09 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20767
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Has Aja used her hero point? That allows a re-roll.
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 09:48 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Checked my records:

Everyone has one hero point except for Nevynxxx who spent his on a combat re-roll. Silk can spend a hero point to re-roll Aja's engineering check.

Hero points can be used for:

Re-rolling a die: self-explanatory.

Acting out of turn: if the monsters had initiative you could act first

Bonus: Give yourself a +8 bonus on any d20 roll before you roll, or a +4 bonus after you roll.

Extra Action: Take an extra Standard or Move action during a turn. This would allow two attacks with no penalty, like you get with a full attack. It would not allow two full attacks because that's a full round action. You could do a full attack and a normal attack.

Inspiration: Ask the GM for a hint about what to do next in the adventure.

Recall: Get back a spell or special ability that you have expended and normally couldn't use again until after a rest.

Special: You can petition the GM to allow a hero point to be used to attempt nearly anything that would normally be almost impossible. Such uses are not guaranteed and should be considered carefully by the GM. Possibilities include casting a single spell that is one level higher than you could normally cast (or a 1st-level spell if you are not a spellcaster), making an attack that blinds a foe or bypasses its damage reduction entirely, or attempting to use Diplomacy to convince a raging dragon to give up its attack. Regardless of the desired action, the attempt should be accompanied by a difficult check or penalty on the attack roll. No additional hero points may be spent on such an attempt, either by the character or her allies.

Cheat Death (2 hero points): If your character is killed, spending two hero points will make them not killed. I will decide the details of their survival.

Last edited by ruffdove; Jan 24th, 2021 at 09:49 PM.
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks! I forgot all about Hero Points.

As she got a 16 on her roll, I'll use that Hero Point for:
  • Bonus: Give yourself a +8 bonus on any d20 roll before you roll, or a +4 bonus after you roll.
That way Aja will succeed at her Engineering check without risking another low roll

Edit: Edited my post.

Last edited by Silk; Jan 24th, 2021 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 09:42 AM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19060
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove
Cheat Death (2 hero points): If your character is killed, spending two hero points will make them not killed. I will decide the details of their survival.
Oh, I'm saving up some Hero Points, looks like. Lol.
AFK 20May-22May. Ten Year Anniversary!

Old Jan 26th, 2021, 10:55 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Blackfyre... can I get a reflex save for Grix?
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 11:53 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
Oh, I'm saving up some Hero Points, looks like. Lol.
Looks like I'm a bit opposite of your thinking Unko. No matter how much I love a character when it's their time, I prefer for fate to take its course.

Of course, if I happen to have 2 Hero Points saved up, I'll use them to save my character. I'm just not going to save the Hero Points for that

Edit: I edited my post.

Last edited by Silk; Jan 27th, 2021 at 12:05 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 06:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17085
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
Blackfyre... can I get a reflex save for Grix?
Whatever it is, Grix isn't even remotely bothered by it. Nat 20
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2340
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Looks like I'm a bit opposite of your thinking Unko. No matter how much I love a character when it's their time, I prefer for fate to take its course.

Of course, if I happen to have 2 Hero Points saved up, I'll use them to save my character. I'm just not going to save the Hero Points for that

Edit: I edited my post.
Save them for if you die, or use them to make sure you don't..... It's not an easy question
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 11:09 AM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Aiming for a post today. Just have a lot of work piled up.

Old Jan 27th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevynxxx View Post
Save them for if you die, or use them to make sure you don't..... It's not an easy question
I've always been of the "Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" school of thought myself... but if I had two in the bank and my character got killed, I'd use them. You don't get to carry them over to your replacement character.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 11:11 AM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
Booooo, poor identify checks! Boooo!

Old Feb 8th, 2021, 11:58 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
I have to check, but I believe a 16 will cut it.

EDIT: *erp* - no. You can try again in 24 hours, or you can ask the Ambassador to do it when you get back...

EDIT EDIT: Of course anyone else with at least one rank in Mysticism can give it a shot.

Last edited by ruffdove; Feb 8th, 2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry for the delay in posting. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a post up today or tomorrow.

Old Feb 10th, 2021, 08:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2340
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Matsu is leveled.

+8 HP (7 Soldier +1 CON)
Gear Boost: Bullet Barrage (Ex) making my damage with the reaction cannon 1d10+4.
Feat: Touchness giving me more SP and a few niche benefits.
Skill points into Acrobatics, Stealth and engineering.

Matsu

Matsu Soryn
Male lashunta (korasha) mercenary soldier 3
LN Medium humanoid (lashunta)
Init +7; Senses Perception +1

SP 27{27} HP 25{25} RP 3{4}
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +2
, +4 bonus to Fortitude saving throws to avoid taking damage from hot or cold environments, to withstand the harmful effects of thick and thin atmospheres, to avoid choking when breathing in heavy smoke, and to avoid fatigue caused by sleep deprivation., +4 bonus to Fortitude saving throws to avoid taking damage from hot or cold environments, to withstand the harmful effects of thick and thin atmospheres, to avoid choking when breathing in heavy smoke, and to avoid fatigue caused by sleep deprivation.
Melee baton, tactical +6 (1d4+2 , critical -; Analog.operative)
Ranged reaction cannon, light +6 (1d10+4, critical -; Penetrating)
Ranged laser pistol, azimuth +6 (1d4+1, critical Burn 1d4; -)
Ranged frag grenade i +4 (1d6, critical ; DC 13, Explode (1d6 P, 15 ft.))
Ranged holy water grenade i +4 (, critical ; Explode (2d6 B, holy water, 20 ft.))
Ranged shock grenade i +4 (1d8, critical ; DC 13, Explode (1d8 E, 15 ft.))
Ranged artillery laser, azimuth +6 (1d10+3, critical Burn 1d6; Penetrating)
Ranged ice carbine, subzero +6 (1d8+3, critical -; Automatic)

Base Atk +3; Grp+4
Feats Improved Initiative, Quick Draw, Toughness
Skills Acrobatics +7, Engineering +7, Intimidate +5, Medicine +5, Perception +1, Piloting +8, Stealth +6, Survival +6,
Languages Castrovelian, Common, Eoxian
Combat Gear field ration (per week),
Other Gear reaction cannon, light, second skin, cred stick (2), rounds, heavy (2), laser pistol, azimuth, baton, tactical, frag grenade i, holy water grenade i (2), shock grenade i, artillery laser, azimuth, ice carbine, subzero, 1060.0 gp

Size And Type Lashuntas are medium humanoids with the lashunta subtype
Dimorphic All lashuntas gain +2 charisma at character creation. Korasha lashuntas are muscular (+2 strength at character creation) but often brash and unobservant (-2 wisdom at character creation). Damaya lashuntas are typically clever and well-spoken (+2 intelligence at character creation) but somewhat delicate (-2 constitution at character creation)
Lashunta Magic [not implemented]lashuntas gain the following spell-like abilities: at will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts see spell-like abilities on page 262. The caster level for these effects is equal to the lashunta's level
Limited Telepathy Lashuntas can mentally communicate with any creatures within 30 feet with whom they share a language. Conversing telepathically with multiple creatures simultaneously is just as difficult as listening to multiple people speaking
Student Lashuntas love to learn, and they receive a +2 racial bonus to any two skills of their choice

THEME BENEFITS
Mercenary Whether you take jobs that match your ethical beliefs or you fight for anyone who can afford your services, you are a hired gun. You might take pride in your past accomplishments, proudly displaying trophies of your kills, or you might be laden with guilt over being the sole survivor of a mission gone terribly wrong. You most likely work with other mercenaries and are familiar with the methodologies of military actions all across the galaxy
Theme Knowledge You are knowledgeable about the military, from rival mercenary groups to standard military procedures to planetary armed forces, and you can draw upon this fount of information to aid your adventurous pursuits. Reduce the dc of culture checks and profession (mercenary) checks to recall knowledge about hierarchies, practices, personnel, and so on in the military by 5. Athletics is a class skill for you, though if it is a class skill from the class you take at 1st level, you instead gain a +1 bonus to athletics checks. In addition, you gain an ability adjustment of +1 to strength at character creation

CLASS FEATURES:
Primary Fighting Style You have a preferred fighting style that represents the type of soldier you are. Each fighting style is composed of various style techniques that you learn as you gain experience. You must pick one fighting style upon taking your first soldier level, and once made, this choice cannot be changed. Descriptions of the fighting styles you can choose from appear on pages 112-115
Bombard The bombard fighting style emphasizes attacking multiple targets, often using grenades, and leverages substantial physical strength to control large weapons with significant recoil. At higher levels, you can use launchers, missiles, and other heavy weapons
Primary Style Technique At 1st level and every 4 levels thereafter, you gain a style technique unique to your primary fighting style
Grenade Expert You increase the range increment of your thrown grenades by 5 x your strength bonus. In addition, you're able to salvage enough materials to create a grenade without paying for it. Creating a grenade takes 10 minutes. You can create any grenade whose item level is less than or equal to your soldier level, but this grenade is unstable and only you can use it effectively. If anyone else tries to use the grenade, it is a dud. You can have only one grenade created by this ability at one time (if you create a new grenade using this ability, the old grenade no longer works)
Combat Feat At 2nd level and every 2 levels thereafter, you gain a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement. These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as combat feats. Whenever you gain a new bonus feat, you can also choose to replace one of the bonus feats you have already learned with a different bonus feat. The feat you replace can't be one that was used as a prerequisite for another feat or other ability. You can change only one feat at any given level, and you must choose whether or not to swap the feat at the time you gain the new bonus feat
Gear Boost At 3rd level and every 4 levels thereafter, you learn a trick called a gear boost that make you better with a particular type of weapon or armor. Choose from the gear boosts listed below. Some gear boosts require you to reach a certain soldier level to select them; this level is indicated in parentheses after the boost's name
Bullet Barrage You gain a +1 insight bonus to damage rolls for weapons in the projectile category. This bonus increases by 1 for every 4 soldier levels you have
Weapon Specialization You gain weapon specialization as a bonus feat for each weapon type this class grants you proficiency with

FEATS:
Improved Initiative Your quick reflexes allow you to react rapidly to danger You gain a +4 bonus to initiative checks
Quick Draw You can draw weapons faster than most You can draw a weapon as a swift action. Additionally, when making an attack using a thrown weapon as an attack or full attack action, you can draw a weapon as part of the action of making a thrown attack with it. You can draw a hidden weapon (see sleight of hand on page 146) as a move action.
Normal: you can draw a weapon as a move action, or (if your base attack bonus is +1 or higher) as part of a move action, and you can draw a hidden weapon as a standard action
Toughness You have enhanced physical resilience, and harsh conditions or long exertions don't easily tire you For every character level you have (and whenever you gain a new level), you gain 1 stamina point. In addition, you gain a +4 bonus to constitution checks to continue running, to avoid damage from a forced march, to hold your breath, and to avoid damage from starvation or thirst. You also gain a +4 bonus to fortitude saving throws to avoid taking damage from hot or cold environments, to withstand the harmful effects of thick and thin atmospheres, to avoid choking when breathing in heavy smoke, and to avoid fatigue caused by sleep deprivation

Total Credits: 1,060
Equipment Item Level Bulk
Reaction Cannon 1 3
Reaction Cannon Ammox2 9{40} 2 L
Artillery Azimuth Laser 1 3
Ice Carbine, Subzero 2 2
Baton 1 L
Laser pistol, azimuth 1 L
Frag Grenade 1 L
Field Ration ( 1 week) 1 1
Shock Grenade 1 L
1 Mk 1 Holy Water Grenades 1 1L