Notices

Old Jan 24th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 841
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Daora

Daora sees Aslyn contemplate the food and cocks her head. Daora takes a bite and lets the food rest in her mouth a moment before slowly chewing and her eyes grow wide at the hidden truth behind her food... needing to tell someone about this she turns to percival and garion who both seem preoccupied by the princess. She scoffs and says, “cool down you two. We just got here, what’s the worst that could happen?” she then turns to Estilla chittering her recent revelation.

“Bubbles!” she waves down the barmaid forgetting her name, “can I get something sweet or salty but caffeinated? I may need to drive later.” she orders her drink and nears the end of her meal. She sits back taking the last couple bites reaching with her fork with the determination to enjoy every last bite before they’re back on the road. As the princess rejoins the group Daora and Estilla are in an satiated state known as a food coma. With a yawn she says, “your foods getting cold..”

Character

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Feb 4th, 2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jan 25th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5417
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
The Purple Lace Dining HallBotilda leaves a pleasantly puzzled tiefling performer behind in a delightful mood, and he modulates the performance to a different key. Soon the tempo picks up, with the other two performers adjusting as well, and the music volume rises. The mood becomes a bit more exciting in house, though there are hardly enough customers to get up and have a proper dance.

Those that are paying attention to the Baron notice him whisper to each of the girls at his table before he rises and makes his way to one of the more private tables, where a curtain may be drawn to allow them to be alone. One of the girls brings him a fancy wine bottle and a trio of glasses while the other leaves out the front door. The Baron pours himself and the other girl a drink while he glances over at the group's table with an inviting smile and a wink.

A couple minutes later, the cloaked figure rises and makes his way to the Baron, seeming to ask to join the noble. The barmaid still in the room seems a bit disappointed, but she leaves the little room and closes the curtain behind her.

The Group's TableThe faint sound of Aslyn setting a gold coin on the table seems to catch the attention of the group's current barmaid, who was just about to fetch Daora's requested drink. Turning now to Aslyn, she puts a thoughtful expression onto her cheery face.

"Well this is the best spot in town, especially if you come back to visit us in the evening when the entertainment is in full swing," she says with a knowing wink. "Aside from that, it depends on how high you can make it in town. Low Town has a curiosities shop that appeals to adventurers. The Market in the Upper District is expensive but probably has some rare prizes. I'd avoid the palace itself, but the temple up top is quite a sight to see even if you don't worship the goddess. Oh, and if you really want to get someone friendly towards you while you're here, there's a fantastic jewelers that even does work for the palace!"

"Bubbles" could probably go on with recommendation and suggestions, but another employee in a purple corset takes this opportunity to interrupt. This is the girl from outside that first greeted the group, and she slips in close to Percival.

"Hey there, handsome. Saw you staring at me on the way in. How about I sit on your lap and listen to you talk about some of your adventures? Maybe afterwards you and I could do some dancing?" She leans in for a very handsy side-hug, clearly ready to follow through with her suggestion at the slightest affirmation or hesitation.

The barmaid dubbed Bubbles by Daora rolls her eyes at the other woman and rises up from the table.

Old Jan 25th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2847
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Botilda Taraldsdottir
right-aligned image

“Bah, WENCH!” Botilda spits a mouthful of food onto her plate as the gold digger tries to weasel her way in. She slams her mug down on the table. Untouched until now, the liquid in the flagon sloshes people and plates of food alike. “Get thee away!” the princess yells. “Back to your post or find another table but you won’t be sitting in my man’s lap today!”

Standing now, Botilda leans forward aggressively. The petite viking woman makes up in vehemence what she lacks in size. As she moves forward, she pushes the arm of the corset-wearing greeter. At the rest of the common area she levels a don’t-you-dare gaze filled with righteous indignation.

“Aslyn, a little help, please.” When addressing her friend and confidant, Botilda’s voice goes from volcano-hot to cool as an autumn breeze. When she returns her attention to the strumpet and the rest of the room though, the fire is back in her eyes.

OOC
OOC: I actually wrote this thinking I was going to use Cutting Words but then I reread the ability and it looks like it is a reaction. So, instead how about Bardic Inspiration (d10) on Aslyn? (It probably wouldn’t look great if one of the guys helps hustle this girl away from the table). Then we should be able to talk in peace.

Also, she is obviously putting on an act to try to get the girl out of there. I don't know if it would be Intimidation or Deception or if I need to roll yet. Let me know.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 10:03 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Percival
right-aligned image
Percival kept watching when one of the employees, the one clad in purple corset came over to him and started cozying up with him. The guardian showed the lack of reaction to the contact, though inwardly, he was a bit amused by what the woman was trying to pull here. As she slipped close to him, even pressing herself against his side, she tried to slip her hands into his belt pouch, presumably trying to steal some of his coins.

There were a few approaches that he could take here, though when the princess suddenly spoke out to the woman, shouting even, claiming that he was her man, Percival felt a little touched and slightly embarrassed. Of course, he quickly regained his composure as he looked at the woman's face.

"Hmm... perhaps I could take you up on your offer..." Percival spoke, his voice sounding even and neutral. He even flashed a small smile, which was a rarity for everyone in their group, considering that Percival was very well-known for his joylessness and the utter lack of expression. "Provided that you could keep your hands off my coins, which are quite paltry in amount to begin with." He looked at her face, wanting to see her expression now that he had called her out for trying to steal his coins from his belt pouch.

Character

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 28th, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Daora
Daora shows a big sleepy grin as Percival is assaulted. She is ready to say ’hey big guys gettin attention’ but is interrupted by the boss, keeping her smile but knows better than to encourage the maid at that point. Then hearing about the maids attempts at sleight off hand her smile turns into a rough half sneer. She gets ready to say something but Aslyn is then prompted to help.. she’s just the driver, so she takes this opportunity to relax and detach.

Character

Last edited by Desteplo; Jan 26th, 2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2281
danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab danab
Aslyn Roave
left-aligned image
In some games of chance watching the dealer was the wrong move. One had to watch the cards and know which cards they needed to observe to see the trick. Privy as she was to the Baron's intent, her eyes followed the second barmaid as she left. "A lost card. Unfortunate. Oh, wait! Here it is."

Their greeter entered, a new card, sidling up to Percival, trying to get him alone. She probably was going to suggest that he join the Baron's table for some arbitrary reason, at some point. The man at the back joining him at his private table... A move she hadn't expected. Two thoughts occurred as a result. First, with how much the hooded man had been eyeing them, the Baron probably knew more about the lot of them than he let on. Second, the Baron probably had a great deal more weight to throw around here than his floozies. An altercation was not in their favor.

The commotion all of this caused washed over her and her musing until Botilda made her request. Aslyn realized she had to diffuse this somehow, figure out what Redblade wanted, all without blades being drawn or princesses being outed.

"Tilda," her calm, even voice rose a few decibels to clear the din, "Temper. I'm sure she meant nothing with her intentions towards Percy. And Percy, I'm sure her hand just slipped. We're all still tired from the road and we're all a little on edge."

An out offered. To reinforce it her fingers snaked between those of the greeter's. An intimate gesture of closeness, but also an anchor if she tried to escalate anything.

"I've been fascinated by this Baron Redblade I keep hearing about. Personally I'd like to meet the man and I feel like you'd be the one to facilitate a greeting. Perhaps to could introduce me, either alone or with one of my companions."

There. That could do it. Everyone gets what they wanted.

OOCCan't be sure whether this is deception or persuasion either. There modifier is the same for both, so I'll provide a roll, just in case, using Botilda's inspiration. Though, with being called a thief I'm not sure how all this will play out.

Dice Deception or Persuasion:
1d20-1 (4)-1 Total = 3

Dice Inspiration:
1d10 2

Edit: Whelp... A little help would go a long way...

Last edited by danab; Jan 26th, 2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old Jan 26th, 2021, 08:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Garion Aldur
right-aligned image

Garion casually watches the Baron and grins when the wench warms up to Percival, either showing interest in him or his money pouch, if not both. Then the Princess makes a scene and he signs. Fortunately Aslyn is attempting to defuse the situation. When she mentions Baron however, he answers without turning to her.

"He's busy at the moment, now isn't a good time, perhaps later."

Stats

[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 11:31 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
The cozy barmaid's sultry smile melts into one of horror and fear at Botilda's reaction, not unlike a small child being caught with a stolen bit of candy. "I-I-I'm sorry. I didn't realize..."

Percival takes her hand, which only gives her the briefest of breaths to calm down before his words reveal that she has been caught in even more trouble. Helplessly, she glances around for aid. The rest of the staff are ignoring her, however, not wanting to get caught up in the trouble she has earned herself in. Even Daora seems to detach herself from any involvement.

Aslyn tries to offer her an out, entwining her fingers in the girl's hand to reassure her. But as frightened as she is, the barmaid only sees this as another sign that she has landed herself in serious trouble. And Garion's words seem to confirm that her offered way out has little hope of succeeding. "Y-y-yes. The baron is busy at the moment, but I...I can still help you meet him. If you would be willing to wait with me in one of the private rooms, the baron co-WOULD meet us there as soon as he is finished with his business."

Her offer seems genuine, if born from fear. She is clearly terrified about the idea of being alone with someone she clearly just offended, especially Botilda and Aslyn. Anyone can practically see the wheels whirling in her head as she tries very hard to think how she will get out of this unscathed, or at least with both her hands still attached.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jan 27th, 2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old Jan 28th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Aslyn Roave
left-aligned image
The reaction she received was not at all what she expected. She used the same tone she'd use as if she were talking to a person she actually cared for. A bit of contact to exude empathy, or in this case fake it. But, unlike some seasoned wordsmiths, there was the problem. The fakeness made it through and made intimations into threats.

She could work with this, however.

"Yes," her voice dropped the warmth, "We'll wait in the private room. You can tell me about yourself."

Old Jan 29th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Daora
Daora shakes some of the drowsiness off, “the hood talking to the suit.. is he a frequent too? Or is this going to turn into a murder mystery?” behind her monotone voice slowed down from a food coma... you can’t tell if she was silently excited or being dramatic in word choice. Daora keeps rolling her full body gaze toward the kitchen waiting for her caffiene.

Character

Old Jan 31st, 2021, 09:08 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2847
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Botilda Taraldsdottir
right-aligned image

Botilda watches Aslyn wander off with the barmaid. So much for an uninterrupted conversation, she thinks to herself. Should’ve kept the money.

At least the music is upbeat. It was certainly appropriate for the excitement they just had. As she sits back down, she looks questioningly at the other members of her group, inviting them to speak on whatever subject they see fit.
Old Feb 1st, 2021, 04:43 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Group TableThough Botilda had succeeded in securing a way for the group to have a safe conversation, the frightened barmaid had been an unexpected wrinkle in the group's plans. Aslyn also saw her presence and vulnerability as an opportunity to pursue, though she found that the younger woman was easily frightened when caught in her scheme. It was the sort of reaction that betrayed youth and inexperience with failure.

Percival's coin purse remained untouched, and he clearly seemed more concerned with their mission than dealing with the thief he had caught. So Aslyn alone walks with her into another private room, and another barmaid closes the curtain behind them. A moment later that barmaid slips through the curtain with drinks for Aslyn and her captive audience.

A moment after that, Cecil the shirtless bartender arrived at the table to drop off Daora's caffinated request. "On the house," he says with a wink that seems both inviting and apologetic at the same time. He then returns to the bar, not wanting to overstay his welcome after what just occurred. He does not hear Daora's question to be able to answer it, and the barmaid leaves without giving an answer. But there are those at the table that can probably tell her what is happening.

Aslyn's Private BoothAslyn enters the room with the as yet unnamed barmaid, still holding her hand. Trying to lighted the mood, or at least her fears, the barmaid glances down at their clasped hand as she tries to sit at the only table in this private booth. "I...uh...I'm not really used to coming in here with someone that isn't...you know...into me..."

The waitress whom Aslyn's companion had named Bubbles closes the curtain behind the two of them, stepping in a moment later with wine and drinks. "Sorry about her," she says to Aslyn. Brooke has been getting away with that sort of behavior for a couple of months now. None of the men she steals from ever complain. You can probably guess why."

"I didn't mean any harm," Brooke insists. "It's just the way I flirt. Makes the boys feel good to know you want something from them."

The other barmaid rolls her eyes. "There are better ways to show a man you want something from him, dummy." She pours wine for Brooke and Aslyn, then turns her attention back to Aslyn. "Elven wine, on the house. Or more accurately, on HER. Seems like you got business to talk, so I'll leave you be. Not going after the blonde now, that I know he's taken. But maybe the half elf could use some company?"

She waits to see how Aslyn reacts to her question before exiting the room. These leaves Aslyn and Brooke alone.

"So...um...what should we...talk about?"

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Feb 2nd, 2021 at 11:55 AM.
Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 10:45 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Percival
right-aligned image
Percival watched as Ashlyn disappeared to the room with the barmaids. He saw no need to actually do anything about it, and was content with doing his job watching the princess. Sighing, he looked at the direction of Princess Botilda, still wondering about her words earlier.

"I apologize that you had to see that," Percival spoke to Princess Botilda, referring to him almost getting himself pickpocketed by one of the barmaids. "That should be a good reminder for us to be careful of anyone who are more interested in the contents of our pockets." He was thinking about getting himself another drink, so he called for the bartender, asking him for another mug of mead. He thought that he could handle a few more mugs of swill here as he kept watching his charge.

"Anything you have in mind?" Percival asked the princess. He almost addressed her as princess before remembering that they were currently under cover.

Character

Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 10:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Aslyn Roave
left-aligned image
"I'm familiar with the usual functions of these booths," as the curtain closed, Aslyn's hand released Brooke's. They were back here now and it was clear the staff had no interest getting involved. While Bubbles talked about Brooke's particular modus operandi, Aslyn was musing on her own approach.

She was just about finished planning her next steps when Bubbles brought up Garion. There was an impish impulse to see how Tilda would react to that now that she'd declared her devotion to Percival, but Bubbles didn't deserve that mess. Instead she offered some advice.

"I"ll gladly accept the wine and you can certainly try. Tilda can be rather possessive of the men in her life, as you've seen, rather, I would ply a friendship with the halfling, Daora. Perhaps with some coffee. She's had a rougher trek than the rest of us."

As she left, Aslyn steepled her fingers and attempted to not look at, but rather, through Brooke.

"Clarity. That's what we should discuss. I noticed Redblade that he sent a girl out earlier. She leaves and you come in. I also know he wanted one of our number alone for whatever reason. So, were you instructed to come in and separate us?"

Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 01:37 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Daora
Daora quickly reaches for cecil’s arm stopping him from getting too far her. Holding his bicep with a lift from Estilla She makes quick eye contact and holds it while she takes a sip from her honey chai tea. She enjoys the moment, “you may go.” she winks and watches him go.

She takes a few sips then addressed the group, “well I’m probably going to listen in on the suit. That feels shady and getting dirty now will help us stay clean later right? May not be the last we see of him where we’re going.” she stretches waiting for any objections before she inches her way over under cover of the tables and chairs that tower her.

Character