Old Jan 28th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2015
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
["And, what brings you?" she returned the question.
"Well, as to that, it is a long story" Jol gives Noemie a small, somewhat wan smile. "One I shall be happy to share with you in full, of course, but perhaps it should wait until we are in more...salubrious surroundings. The short version is that we arrived in this town yesterday evening, with a view to staying here overnight. But we found the people disappeared, and the only signs of life were these goblins and orcs."

He glares at Plomfleet.

"Although we also saw unlife, thanks to this creature. These goblins murdered the nuns in the chapel, no doubt at this one's direction, and he turned them into undead abominations. Ghouls, and other blasphemies against the Creator. What do you have to say for yourself, Plomfleet? Where are the other people of this town? What have you done with them?"

Last edited by Gibbon; Jan 28th, 2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3069
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Plomfleet shrinks away from Father Jol and Tambovsky. He moves to hide behind the two other goblins and for a moment sends a pleading glance at Pippa. Seeing her, feeling the ire of her stair, Plomfleet looks way and then down at his feet and starts sniffling as large tears roll down his cheeks. I didn't kill the nuns! None of us did. It was Father Laimon and his White Snake orcs. They did the killing and animating. We had to stand watch, warning them if any soldiers came, but none ever did. We thought they would, but they never did, not even when the orcs and Magi took most of the town prisoner. They said I could be mayor, they said I could be in charge, run the town like before. I could eat chocolate pudding ever night if I wanted. I didn't kill the nuns or the soldiers or the Cuthbert priests. That was Father Laimon and Sir Prayne. They are the ones who took everyone to the river. I, I just wanted to be mayor and eat pudding....Plomfleet falls on his rear and starts bawling.
Sister Noemie had a moment to catch her breath and look at the goblins. She had never been this close to goblins before without having to fight them. The two bound goblins looked lost and stupid with fear. Easy to do with Owain and Tambovsky glaring at them. Noemie looked at the goblin they called Plomfleet. He was definitely more intelligent than the others and he was clean. He was actually cleaner than most of them. She could see he also had well kept fingernails, clipped and filed smooth and round. Plomfleet eyed her, blinking through his tears. He looked like a small child. Plomfleet gave her a hopeful, pleading look.
Tambovsky remembering hearing the name Prayne before. He was wanted by Phillip II for banditry and general villainy, whatever that was. He was considered an enemy knight Sir Bayle who told them Prayne often worked with orcs and ogres and evil mages. He was said to favor, blood red oxhide armor and a heavy axe. Sir Bayle and Deornoth both felt Prayne secretly worked for Duke Leonard and was raiding to cause trouble for Phillip II. Tambovsky felt Plomfleet would know something of that too. Tambovsky couldn't tell if the goblins was lying or not.
Pippa watches Plomfleet, more than certain Plomfleet is acting. He is telling some truth, but he is also acting. Father Jol watches Plomfleet as well, the little goblin is a wretch for certain. He is a goblin after all and he has already started answering questions before they even asked. Plomfleet is at least trying to do the right thing.
Tambovsky watches Plomfleet too, but listens as Sherrock suggest returning to the Chancellery as soon as possible. Father Keth is looking over Lady Danicea. He has pulled the broken sword tip from her shoulder. She almost fainted and now looks about to fall over. Jeen is bleeding from a dart wound to her forearm. Everyone has some injury, everyone except Brossard. Thugnarst has pulled and bound his unconcious goblin and hefted the small thing over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Father Keth stands up, looks around briefly, I think we should gather what we can and return to the Chancellery, rest, assess and return to see what these goblins have gotten up to. That is unless Mayor Plomfleet over there has anything more to say. Father Keth emphasizes the word mayor and manages to do so without it sounding any of the disrespect he is obviously feeling.
Sherrock leans into Owain for a moment, gives Owain a brief, reassuring hug,It is good to see you too old friend. A couple moments there I thought not to ever have another drink. Thankfully Sister Noemie was there. You should have seen her brother. She killed seven goblins by herself, that I counted. A few she killed with just her feet and hands, then took their weapons and killed a few more. Back at the Abbey, I used to watch her dance with Donal Brightwater. I thought those dances strange, but now I know. She was beautiful then and even more so now. Owain can see Sherrock has something of a dreamy look, then again it could just be fatigue.
Lady Danicea shakes herself awake and calls out to Father Jol,Father, we found some odd things. Noemie killed this dark skinned orc with a strange hair cut. It carried these things. What do you think?Lady Danicea pulls a leather saddle pouch off her shoulder and shows it to them. Pippa immediately sees Plomfleets eyes widen and he starts to duck. Pippa glances at the saddle pouch and her eyes are drawn to the gold plated lock. Pippa felt electricity coming off the lock and knew it was an armed trap of some kind.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Jan 29th, 2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 12:29 AM
Pisseur de copie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image

"All this may be true," Tambovsky says to Plomfleets, "but it changes neither your status as prisoners nor our plans to bring you with us. And this ..." he says snatching what he suspects is Plomfleets' prized possession, "will remain with this noble ... "(he looks to see who is closest, and finds Pippa beside him) "... our noble gnome, until you have earned your freedom."

The young fighter notices Plomfleets' eyes start to widen and thinks he has finally gotten to this annoying goblin by confiscating his hat. But then he sees Plomfleet begin to duck, and Tambovsky senses something else is about to happen.

Old Jan 30th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14349
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Sister Noemie
right-aligned image
Noemie was not quite sure what to make of Plomfleet. Had he been a fool to believe those in charge that he would be rewarded for his 'service'? He looked pretty pampered, like he had had an easy time of it. Perhaps he thought he deserved the position a mayor, given that he was better off than most Goblins by a good measure. It reminded her of nobles who thought they deserved to be nobles because they were born a noble. If you follow that logic, then every serf deserves to be treated with less respect and dignity. While historically true, she had done some reading on schools of thought that suggested elsewise.

This all, however, neither changed the fact that the Goblins had been their enemies - as enemies of the people of this city - nor their prisoners. Tambovski was correct about that. Noemie folded her arms together and focused on centering her body and mind. There were enough of her 'superiors' in the room to come to whatever conclusion was best for their current circumstance. They knew the situation much better than she did and had the resources and authority to act. She was glad to see that even while injured that Lady Danicea had thought to bring along the strange satchel. "It may have some protections placed on it," she warned Pippa.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 11:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1312
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Plomfleet, where did those others go? Father Laiman and his White Snake orcs? Did you overhear where? Did he say he would come back? Pippa tries to get some clarification about the real villains. She believes Plomfleet. He's full of mischief, but he doesn't seem like the type to organize the overtaking of a whole town. Not with his crying companions being who they are. If they were more like him, so reckless and cocky, she might not believe him.

It's trapped! That lock is trapped. Pippa warns in some consternation. Don't handle it what's inside the bag at all. Set that whole bag here on the floor and I will take a closer look. Pippa nods at all the newcomers but introductions and niceties can come later. It is enough that Father Jol knows them and is happy to see them and they him. When the saddle bags are placed on the ground she stands there stroking her chin and muttering some gnomish words. Now and then she traces a sign in the air. She's using a ritual cast to cast Detect Magic. It takes her about 10 minutes.

Last edited by cappucina; Jan 30th, 2021 at 11:41 PM.
Old Feb 1st, 2021, 05:29 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
Jol is grasping the holy gavel of St Cuthbert when Plomfleet sobs out his words. Through its power, the Gray Friar can sense that the goblin is not telling the whole truth. It's mostly an act, he is sure. Jol does believe his claims about this Father Laimon, but there is more to this story. There are...traditional...ways and means to get the rest of the story out of the goblin, of course. Few in the Church would condemn Jol for using them. Plomfleet, even if he did not kill and raise the nuns himself, was at the very least an accessory to the act. This is heresy of the highest order. It would be punishable by death in any Church trial. Many in the Church would skip the hearing completely and burn the goblin at the nearest stake. Jol cannot deny that he briefly felt like doing the same. What, after all, is the worth of the life of a goblin necromancer, a creature who would commit such a crime as this?

But this is the first step back down a path the Gray Friar knows only too well. The Creator is testing him. Jol will not take that step. Not this time. He takes a deep breath and sighs.

"I believe you" he says, pleasantly. But then his voice takes on a more commanding tone. "But do not think to hide the rest, Plomfleet. Lies of omission are still lies. The Creator sees all! You can hide nothing from the light of Orion. You have committed the worst kind of heresy, Plomfleet. The worst kind. In any Church trial your life - and your soul - would be immediately forfeit. But it is not yet too late for you to save yourself. Speak the full truth here and now - or face the judgement of the Creator. Tell us everything - everything! Hold nothing back, and perhaps atonement will be yours."

He brings forth the gavel of St Cuthbert, holds it up towards the goblin, and murmurs a small orison for effect. As he does so, the gavel lights up the room, bathing the goblins in the holy light of Orion.

"Speak, Plomfleet!" he commands the goblin.

Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 05:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
When Tambovsky grabs Plomfleets hat he feels a static charge and the hat starts curling around his hand, forming itself into a glove. Tambovsky feels the glove tighten and quickly hands it to Pippa. Plomfleet watched from the corner of his eye, trying hard not to show his glee. He frowned though when Tambovsky pulled the hat/glove off. Owain and Tambovsky both glared at him, staring at him with death in their eyes. Plomfleet tried to make himself smaller, but there was no place to go, no place he could run.
Pippa grabs the hat, feels Plomfleet's simple prestidigitation and scowls at the goblin. Owain and Tambovksy yell and threaten Plomfleet and Pippa sees Plomfleet is finally ready to answer questions honestly, but then Danicea hands her the satchel and Sister Noemie says it might be trapped and Pippa recognizes that it is! Focusing on the satchel, she pushes thoughts of Plomfleet aside as she focuses on her spell. The satchel radiates arcane magic, clean of any necromancy or blood work. Pippa does detect traces of Krrf, a type of drug some mages use to enhance their capabilities. Krrf comes with a price though, it can be addictive an eventually it ceases to help but the addiction remains. A half elf, possibly drow, cast a shocking grasp on the hasp. The half elf has some skill at crafting and power(6th level) but the krrf added some energy to the spell and also set three spells ready to go off, maybe all at once or one at a time, all depending on how much pressure and motion is used on the saddle bags. The addition of the Krrff made the spell cast at higher than normal level(8th level) than the mage would have been able to do on his own. If all three went off at once, it could blow someone apart, blow limbs off and possibly flatten everyone currently in the room if not outright kill them. No wonder Plomfleet started ducking.
Pippa continues to detect and finds spells of preservation and resist elements of fire and water also cast on the satchel. These spells are older and more carefully cast by a sorcerer rather than a mage. She also senses that at one time the satchel was wizard-locked. That spell was removed by a knock spell, cast by another mage, not the half-elf. She can't tell anything more than that.
Noemie watches Pippa examine the satchel and watches the goblin. Jeen leans close and whispers, Why don't they just kill it and be done. It's a goblin. I have never heard of anything good coming from a hobgoblin.
Father Jol raises his gavel. Noemie instantly recognizes the gavel as a symbol of St. Cuthbert. Noemie can tell it is no ordinary gavel. It is not something she has ever seen Father Jol carry. Herbs, flowers, linen for cuts and sores, tins for cooking, tomes on the Saints, she would expect for certain from Father Jol, but not gavels. In her experience, much like her mentor Brother Donal, he was not a judging type.
Father Jol's voice starts out pleasant enough, but slowly takes on a more commanding tone. Father Jol's voice rises and he raises the gavel, which starts to glow with the light of the Saints!
Plomfleet shrinks back, trying to melt into himself or the floor. He starts gnashing his teeth and even bites one of his fellow goblins before falling on his face and crawling to Jol and kissing the priest's sandaled foot, I am sorry! I lied, I lied! I did animate two of the nuns. I made them dance and kiss and rub against me! I am sorry I lied. He sobs and hiccups and catches his breath, looking up and around at Jol and Pippa and Noemie. Seeing Noemie, he crawls over to her, kissing her toe,Please, have mercy dear sister of the heavens. I beg mercy of thee. I seek your charity. I am sorry, but I sent word, a message to Blimetongue. He is a hobgoblin. He and his live in the barracks against the north wall. They are out, um, hunting, but they are coming back since I sent word. And, I lied about Sir Prayne and Father Laimon. I don't really like either of them. Meezil chased them out. It was Meezil who promised me pudding. Meezil took some of the people to the river to sell to the norse. Others just fled when the soldiers came. That was before, a week before I came into the town and took over.
While Pippa examined the satchel, Owain and Tambovsky helped Lady Danicea out of the room and into the hearse. She was quite weak from the loss of blood from her shoulder wound. Outside they find Auke and Eppie standing outside the gates, outside the city. The two of them are looking into the thick forest at the bottom of the long hill. Eppie stays watching. Auke sees them and hurriedly rushes over to them, a worried look on his face, There's something coming through the trees, something I don't know what, but I think we should leave. Eppie doesn't turn away from watching the forest as he says,I count thirty-one hobgoblins in leather armor, covered in green and brown grease paint. They are right now forming into groups of four and looking up at us and the battlements. They seem to be waiting or looking for a signal. One of them, who is giving the rest directions, is wearing a green hat with a pheasant feather. What do you think that is about?
Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 11:05 PM
Down & Dirty Dragoonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
A ghastly truth
right-aligned image
Plomfleet's mention of the White Snakes has Owain's heart thumping again. He pulled his sword free from the slain orc and wiped the blade clean. Owain held it in a white knuckle grip and stood glowering at the disgusting goblin.

When Tambovsky snatched the runt's green hat it brought a smile to the Welshman's face. But only for a moment. Some sorcery caused it to melt onto the soldier's hand! It would be so easy to dash the goblin's head against the wall and, probably a mercy to everyone involved. But for some reason, the others wanted him alive. Likely for interrogating. Plomfleet must have sensed Owain's intentions because he was cowering and quaking.

In the end it was the gentle Father with the red scarf who got the truth out of the little monster. Owain knew there was more to this kindly man than meets the eye that first night. When the wild girl killed that young monk. That's putting it bluntly, she saved him from the curse of undeath. But Father Jol rose to the occasion that night as he did here with his glowing hammer.

Owain's glare formed into a look of utter contempt when Plomfleet confessed to his depravity with the nuns. Raising them was disrespectful enough, but making them dance and kiss? The Welshman's face grew red and he started to shake a bit. He channeled his anger towards the greater threat. Blimetongue, the hobgoblin. Hobgoblins are a nasty, hateful lot much more formidable than their small cowardly cousins. He would need to hold on to that burning anger.

They gently carried Lady Danicea out and got her situated in the hearse carriage. Auke and Eppie were standing outside the gate, watching something in the trees. "Our way is clear for now but we need to keep moving." The Welshman said as he approached.

Owain paused and listened to Eppie's concern. He sighed and squinted at the trees. "That would be Blimetongue then. They'll be coming soon, we captured a goblin mage of sorts. He confessed to calling them. We really should be heading to the chancellery. Thirtyone you say?" He's faced worse odds but never by choice. The chancellery was the best place to make a stand. "Tambovsky, should we take the net? Maybe we could throw it from the second floor to trap and fill them with arrows if they try to assault the chancellery."

Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 09:56 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Sister Noemie
right-aligned image
Noemie frowned at Jeen's suggestion. Killing captives, even Goblins, even enemies, wasn't something she was comfortable with - illegal or not. Yet from what she just heard, her sympathy for them was fading fast. She extracted her foot from Plomfleet's reach and set it down on the Goblins back, between his shoulderblades. The monk applied just enough pressure to pin the Goblin wizard down but not enough to cause any real harm.

"Why would we trust anything you have to say now that you admitted to lying? Why should we show you any mercy, now that you've told us that you animate the corpses of my sisters for your own enjoyment? Why should we do anything but subject you to the worst punishment available now that you've told us your allies are selling people into slavery? Did you really do all this for pudding? Are you not the worst creature to ever live?"

Old Feb 4th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
Jol looks down at the goblin in disgust, as he hears the confirmation of his suspicions. Plomfleet is a necromancer, and a heretic. He should stand trial for his crimes, but that will have to come later. The Gray Friar is about to command the goblin to get up, when Sister Noemie steps on him, pinning him to the ground with her foot. Under the circumstances, Jol has to admire her restraint. Today, his oath not to kill has been tested like never before. And Noemie has taken no such oath - at least, as far as Jol is aware.

"These are all good questions, Plomfleet."

He glances around. It is definitely time to leave, and Jol can see that the warriors are preparing to do just that, as they help Lady Danicea out into the carriage.

"Pippa, Father Keth, we must also help the woman we found outside earlier, the one these goblins were dragging away." Certainly they cannot leave her outside at the mercy of the hobgoblins. Also, Jol is fairly certain that she is one of the townspeople and she may have some information to share with them regarding what happened to the rest of the denizens of this place. "Father, would you find Brother Mattias and have him help you get her into the carriage? Sister Noemie, I think it is past time we left. Let us bring this creature with us, and we can discuss what to do with him back in the chancellery."

Jol makes haste to leave, along with the others. Once Noemie is finished with Plomfleet, he makes sure that the goblin has been bound like the others, stuffing a gag in his mouth to be sure that he can't shout out. Or attempt to call on his heretical magic. Once outside, he helps Keth and Mattias carry the woman they found earlier into the carriage. There is going to be a lot of work for the friars back in the chancellery, he muses. Assuming they can make it back there...

Last edited by Gibbon; Feb 4th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 06:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Pippa is totally revolted by Plomfleet's confessions. It's too much information and she knows it will turn most anyone who would care to treat prisoners with dignity against him. Plomfleet has no moral gauge.

Pippa minds the bag. She tells anyone interested in the bag, There's deadly magic on the lock. Let's take care with this.

Pippa had totally forgotten where they left the lady who she rescued. She lost track of her after everyone climbed out of the sewer and the next fight began. Pippa feels quite bad about that.

She also remarks as they retreat to the Chancellery, So many of the devices we ran into were gnomish made! Rather one of the bigger surprises of the day for me. Gnomes helped build the systems in this town.

Last edited by cappucina; Feb 4th, 2021 at 11:20 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 10:37 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Sister Noemie
right-aligned image
Noemie nodded to Father Jol and removed her foot from Plomfleet. "Get up," she said sternly. "You're coming with us." She wouldn't put it past the Goblin to try something to gain its freedom. The current situation it found itself in did not look hopeful; Noemie recognized that - and that she hadn't made it seem any rosier. If it found a chance to betray them or run, then it would surely take it.

Old Feb 4th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Pisseur de copie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Tambovsky, human fighter
right-aligned image

For Tambovsky it was the part about the nuns that nearly broke his resolve. His mother was part of the orders. True, she was in safer lands toward the west, but it could have been her and her fellow sisters forced to do Plomfleet’s dance.

Furious and not trusting himself to refrain from running his sword through the prisoners, he storms down the walls and mounts his horse for the short ride to the chancellery.

He listens to the news of the approaching army and yields to Owain for the decision.

"A good strategy, and a good idea," he nods. "Let’s gather the nets. We’ll give these creatures the net and the Pat. The net and the Pat."

Last edited by bananabadger; Feb 5th, 2021 at 11:39 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2021, 08:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Eppie and Auke take reassurance from Owains' presence and calmness in assessing the hobgoblins and then Tambovsky's lack of fear or apprehension, as they agree to gather the nets. Having a strategy and something to do has hardened Auke and Moul's resolve and the two quickly go about helping gather the nets. Moul mirrors Tambovsky, even moving his knife to the same place on his belt as Tambovsky has his sword on his. Sherrock is eyeing the hobgoblins and looking at the one in the green hat and pheasant feather. Sherrock says to no one in particular, Looks like he and Plomfleet are a pair.

Plomfleet has stopped squirming, staring at the floor as Father Jol harangues the goblin about his misdeeds. Plomfleet seems to have completely given up and is quite listless and unresisting when they bind and gag him. The other two goblins both tried to bite and kick, to little avail as Jeen led the three away. Father Keth and Ense help the unconscious woman into the Hearse carriage and Brossard climbs up top, resuming his position. Brossard is staring past the gate, down the hill at the gathering hobgoblins. Brossard says in a calm, strained voice,They are all wearing leather armor and wearing paint. I also don't see any crossbows or bows among them. Looks more like a scouting party than a raiding band.
Sister Noemie and Pippa both see the hobgoblin in the green hat with the pheasant feather directing the other hobgoblins. He seems rather assured and in no hurry to pursue them. Two other hobgoblins come up to him and he openly gestures for them to move around the gate, not caring that any of the party sees what the hobgoblins are doing.
Father Jol is the last to reach the hearse carriage. Once Father Jol climbs aboard, everyone else mounts, Pippa is lifted to ride on the rear boot seat with the explosive satchel lain at her feet and covered in blankets. The ride to the Chancellery only takes a few moments. As they pass the chapel, thin tendrils of smoke lazily float up from the burned zombies. Brother Selmo and a much relieved Bauman greet them with cold water and damp wash towels. They take the hearse coach around back, through the alley to the Chancellery coach house, stables and barn and enter through the docking bay. Pippa would notice right away the Chancellery wood work was done by elves, the stone foundation built by dwarves and once inside, sees the place once had working indoor plumbing and heating, built by gnomes. She would note the place was built for protection, efficiency and comfort. Pippa would also feel a tingling sensation and note the blessed silver around all the doors and window frames. Sister Noemie felt the presence of the Saints, particularly Saint Cuthbert, strongly protecting the entire building from evil.
They all smell food and wine and lilac in the air. Father Jol finds a letter from Pat:

OOC-Everyone is back and safe at the Chancellery for now. Feel free to eat and sleep and wash and make ready for the next day. If you want to do anything in particular, like examine something, train, pray, study spells or whatnot, let me know and make your rolls. I will have experience for everyone before my next post. Also, if any of the players want to have a conversation with each other, feel free to do so.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Feb 5th, 2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old Feb 7th, 2021, 10:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Pippa studies the trapped lock some more but still doesn't actually know how to open it safely. Whatever is inside the saddlebags is going to have to remain a mystery until they can find a person more skilled than she is. She keeps it with her if no one else wants it, but if they want it they can certainly claim it. She just warns of the terrible spells upon the lock.

Pippa is small and so she tries to stay out of all the big people's way as they rush around the town and unload the coach on the docking bay. She tells Father Jol, The gatehouse might have been built by gnomes. But this Chancellery was built by elves and dwarves and gnomes and I can see it has protections against undead built into it. How very interesting. What foresight was this? Father Jol, I'm sure there's something to be learned to our benefit from the architecture of this town and something of great historical importance in the coming together of all these separate artisans to craft these buildings. I'd like to open that trap back there and try to explore what's underneath this town. For I believe that, especially if dwarves have built it, there could be something interesting down under ground level. And, we did indeed see one of their systems - the sewer was designed with mechanics. I'd like to see if this is just the top level of a bigger building. Just a curious hunch. Could be wrong of course. But, it's worth an investigation.

Pippa will follow the stretcher with the unconscious woman who was being dragged around by goblins to wherever she gets set. She assures Father Jol, who seems to have his hands full of patients and their wounds, I'll stay at her side and explain she's safe when she wakes up.

Last edited by cappucina; Feb 7th, 2021 at 11:00 AM.