Other Street Rats of Ur: Rebellion (Fellowship, PbtA) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 01:41 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5130
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Just to make this clearer in my own head. Sorry if I missed anyone.

PlayerApplication 1Application 2
ihinkaThe DragonShailagh TwinklespriteThe TinkererAuntie Ellie
kanlyThe BeastCarassius Auratus Cyprinidae (Cara)The OrcKlaatu
hafrogmanThe ExileDamienThe SpiderAriadne
dalarangreenThe RainHoyomaInterest (The Lantern)
CrocodileThe CollectorSulaiman BisharaNA
StrangemundThe OgreBrir Hallbjǫrn (Bau)NA
DrowNinjaPrincessThe ElfFlotsamNA
LostHerSheepThe SpiderSeong-MinNA
Howling Winds ofInterest 
pianoman90Interest 

@Muggins
Are you still thinking to close applications today?

Last edited by kanly; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 07:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 993
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Oh no, am I too late? I just saw this! Well, okay. I might have skimmed past the thread before, just because of the [Other] tag, but eventually curiosity drew me in! I really did just read through this not long ago. And there's not much time! I'll try and give it a go.

Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Flotsam

First Impressions: Flotsam is a she: a curious girl who seems strangely out of place. Unless, of course, she was underwater. Then Flotsam would very much appear to be in her element. Quite literally. She is a thin, small thing, not even five feet tall. Her head is topped with a mop of unruly ginger hair. Amber eyes, a button nose, and a sweet smile are sure to greet a stranger. She severely lacks clothes or any possessions to speak of, but despite this, she couldn't be any more optimistic or happy. She is forward and kind. Compassionate, peaceful, lazy, and naive.

Playbook: The Squire

What does it mean to be your playbook? Flotsam is pretty whimsical, and you could say she's just there for the ride, tagging along with the real rebels. Of course, she still wants to do good, to help her friends, and make even more friends. She loves befriending animals especially. Flotsam is underestimated, and rightly so, for she is pretty much harmless, vulnerable, and unprepared. But when least expected, her wit and pluck can pull through, and it just might save the day. She is gentle and urges her allies to pull their punches; she would much rather end conflicts peacefully instead.

What do you know about Uruk? Flotsam has overheard the sailors and dockhands talk, learning a whole new dialect and many foul words which ought to not be repeated. Sometimes news from distant lands reaches her ears, like that one Sultan that married his elephant, or how there were no more cloves after a terrible storm. But usually, she hears idle complaints and vulgar talk. She knows there are lost riches resting at the bottom of the bay. Their value isn't much to everyone, but sometimes they are worth the world to one individual. She knows there are a few dead people, chained and left to rot at the bottom of the bay as well. She also knows it's best not to touch and prod, to not know who they were, and especially to not know who put them there.

Flotsam has heard those people with their big steam buildings hate nature, hate the sea, and even hate life itself. And that seems pretty evident enough, with the stuff they put into the ocean. It has killed and tainted marine life for miles. Flotsam has also heard that sometimes, when the moon is completely dark, the Collectors are allowed to leave their lairs and each one chooses one person in the city they will eat. They prefer children. Especially girls. Red-headed girls! No.. Flotsam is almost certain that her friend just made that one up...

Player Triggers: I'm okay with all the PG-13 guidelines of this website. In addition, I'd prefer if my character wasn't permanently maimed, crippled, or killed. I do appreciate the "Death Isn't the Only Way" bit, and I for one would like to utilize that as much as possible, and would ask that it is reciprocated.

I think that's about all I'd need for the application. I'll be standing by for more info.

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 06:24 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 08:56 AM
A little sheep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LostHerSheep LostHerSheep
Character Name: Seong-Min (Pronounced Sung - Meen)

First Impressions: SHE/HER SMALL LITHE BUILD STOIC ROMANTIC
Playbook: SPUDER

What does it mean to be your playbook? Extra-Dimensional.
Spiders come from "the other place" wich is a world accessed through cracks found around Uruk, like in a wardrobe or through a ring of mushrooms. Sometimes if someone is rather unlucky they will split through a crack and enter The Other Place. Once there, you become changed and the only way home is to agree to become a Spider. There are various kinds of Spiders and no one knows exactly how many or what kinds exists, just that there is a lot.
(Think the Fae and Changelings)
They run a espionage organisation throughout Uruk as well as being involved in the occasional assassination and heist.
Spiders tend to run Tea houses or small bath houses, wich are good places for collecting information.
Not much is known about the master Spiders, they live in The Other Place and do not come to this realm.

What do you know about Uruk?
Tea houses, bath houses. Sprawling market places, scattered settlements and beautiful country sides. All ringed by a towering wall.

Lives in a market district full of spice traders, tea houses, general stores and the like.

Player Triggers:

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 01:15 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Changed up Cara a bit to allow for Flotsam just in case both are chosen.

Last edited by kanly; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
I definitely wouldn't mind if they were friends!
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 01:43 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I just realized that the way I changed Cara stepped on Damien's toes instead. Going to try this one more time.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 01:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Well I'm new at this. Are you just talking about having the same playbooks? It's probably not a bad thing. Though I guess we're also both from around the same district, funnily enough. Still, I think being able to turn into a scaly fish monster is quite a game changer. Also keep in mind, I was trying to make Flotsam's playbook half halfling. (So I guess a quarterling? ) I'm mainly envisioning her as pretty useless in a direct fight. She will be better at social encounters, making allies, support (helping actions, moral support, comic relief) and being able to overcome in unexpected ways.

Or at least, that's what I'm hoping. But again, haven't played this before..

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 01:54 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12528
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
The game basically wants you to not repeat playbooks. It's part of the narrative storytelling. When you take the elf playbook, it's more than just saying that you're an elf, it means you also get to define what it is to be an elf in the first place.

That said, I'm a little curious about the Exile version of Cara, lol. Some of this may get worked out after selections are made.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:42 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
@DrowNinjaPrincess
To have the merfolk options you were describing, you would have to have the Elf as your base playbook and then halfling as one of your two custom moves and when you take the elf playbook, you are The Elf in the game.

@hafrogman
I think Cara made an interesting Exile, she was basically a monstrous sleeper agent for the council created with forbidden water magics (and so was able to keep her Fish-person form as well as her Elven form since that is what she was before the change), but that has gone to the wayside now. Instead, I'm trying out a full blown Japanese shape shifterHengeyokai style Beast instead of an Elven Half-beast.

Last edited by kanly; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
The game basically wants you to not repeat playbooks. It's part of the narrative storytelling. When you take the elf playbook, it's more than just saying that you're an elf, it means you also get to define what it is to be an elf in the first place.

That said, I'm a little curious about the Exile version of Cara, lol. Some of this may get worked out after selections are made.
Oh! Sorry! Here I was thinking that the playbooks are literally simply like playbooks.. or a general modus operandi for that particular character. I would not have thought that not only was it selecting a race for your character, but also describing that race as a whole...

I like the description of my playbook, however I think the name needs a change. I think what I describe for Flotsam is more like a lifestyle or niche in life, similarly to how Exile or Tinkerer are not necessarily races as well?

What could I call it then? A vagrant? Beach bum? Urchin?

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 06:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I think I've settled on The Squire playbook, if this is how this is going to work!
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 01:51 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
To an extent, the names are one of the less important aspects of the playbook. What's important is that, as The Squire, you won't have a people you can Command Lore about, and you won't have any companions to help you out in a pinch. You'll be a great supporting party member, though!

I'll need a couple of days to make picks and properly set up the forum. Start of the week's been pretty busy! I'll post here when I've made my selection.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
If it's alright, I think I'd like to make a secondary submission. It's all very similar, aquatic theme, with the same impression and knowledge about uruk. I'd think of it just as a variation of my first submission. However, the playbook would actually be The Elf since it seems that spot has actually opened up.

I do apologize if it's just, super late and inconvenient.

Alternate
right-aligned image
Character Name: Zephra Seaspray

First Impressions: Zephra is a she: a curious girl who seems strangely out of place. Unless, of course, she was underwater. Then Zephra would very much appear to be in her element. Quite literally. She is a thin, small thing, not even five feet tall. Blue, otherworldly hair beautifully frames her face and rests above her shoulders. Blue eyes, a button nose, and a confident smile are sure to greet a stranger. Though she severely lacks clothes and has little to no possessions, she doesn't seem bothered by this and carries on naturally and poised. She is forward and kind. Compassionate and peaceful, audacious and blithe.

Playbook: The Elf

What does it mean to be your playbook? It's easy to identify a sea elf by their blue hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and their sheer lack of modesty. They refuse to cover up even when out of the water. Sea elves don't have fins or gills or scales. They simply breathe water and swim splendidly because magic, and elves are just that awesome. People sometimes confuse mermaids, sahuagin (and their half-counterparts), and naiads for sea elves. But once you meet a sea elf, there is no mistaking that you have met one. If, judging beauty and grace on a scale from 1 to 10, and "normal" elves typically got a 10, sea elves would get an 11.

To be a sea elf is to be capricious and free. They look down on other peoples, but not usually with disdain. It's more like how, if you've ever gone to the markets and seen a lost, adorable child all by themself, you just want to help them. A sea elf might not be the strongest, or the bravest, or the smartest.. but no matter what they do, it's flashy and stylish. Captivating hearts and minds with their allure, any obstacles remaining in a sea elf's way are overcome with agility and magic.

What do you know about Uruk? see above. (flotsam)

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Feb 24th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Innocent of All Crimes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3489
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
I've been pretty much dead asleep in my chair the last few days, otherwise I would have assured you Truly the most dangerous princess of all.DrowNinjaPrincess that you are not alone in your confusion about the Playbooks and in their relation to race. It took me days to realize that what everyone wrote for their Playbooks was not in fact a canon race that they pulled from the system. They brilliantly made it up. So, you are not alone in your mix-up! I promise!

I also want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's stuff. You guys are wickedly creative. So, please give yourself huge pats on your back for your work.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 04:17 PM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8924
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
So, I got to thinking about selections, and it went something like this: I like all of these people, and want to see them grow up big and strong! I also like that there's eight of you, meaning I can split you into lots of little squads each tackling their own dramas and helping the cause. As long as you're all okay with it, that is.

So, yes, I'm taking all of you!
Ihinka as Sparkles the Dragon!
Kanly as Cara the Beast or Klaatu the Orc!
Hafrogman as Damien the Exile!
Dalarangreen as Hoyo the Rain!
Crocodile as Sulaiman the Collector!
Strangemund as Bau the Ogre!
LostHerSheep as Seong-Min the Spider!
Drowprincess as Flotsam the Squire or Zephra the Elf!

All of you are free to post in the new forum to your heart's content! Move your character over, say hello in the OOC, and think about those Guided Establishment questions when you've got some time. I know I'm really short on that last bit at the moment, but I'm hoping my schedule clears up real soon!

And hey! If you're not on the above list - maybe you're from the future, and are only seeing this thread now! - you can still stop by. Just keep it to looking, or to talking in the OOC. If you do really want to play, we may even be able to work something out!