Game Thread Chapter One: The Winding Trails of Fate - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Fireside Tales. > Archive
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 12:30 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2024
RPXP: 21630
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 9,197
Torrim Cragfoot
right-aligned image
"Hhrm, "Torrim grumbled, wanting nothing more than to ram his forehead into Bran's face, but he knew that he would likely end up tussling with the entire bar. Not that he was against that idea, but he also knew he would likely not get anything out of the man after that.

Instead, he found himself reaching into his pouch and flicking the man a gold coin. "Ta buy ye another cold one. Your captain said ye saw some many-arrow orcs near tha high forest. I want ta know where an' did ye see where they were headed?"



 
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 12:58 AM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2023
RPXP: 5685
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 5,920
Bran did not take his eyes from Torrim's eye, that is until the glint of a gold coin flashed into the air. Bran's hand flashed out to catch the coin. However the catch was not clean, and the slight bobble caused Bran to break eye contact. After a quick bite to verify the gold was not false, Bran's face spread into a wide smile. Smacking Torrim on the back, Bran spun back around to face into the tavern. "Good news everyone! This good dwarf just bought us all a round. Maud, ale for everyone, oh and some of your finest dwarven whiskey for my friend here!"

Bran swung back around for a second to wink at Torrim before wrapping an arm around Torrim's shoulders and attempting to lead the dwarf back towards his table. ""Yes, Richard and I did stumble across an band of orcs. The wore pendants of the many-arrows tribe, and I was able to sneak close enough to them to take a good look. There was about 10 in camp, but they showed signs of more; I just didnt see any more." Bram smacked a older gnomish man on the back as he walked by, causing the gnome's ale to slosh over the rim of his tankard.

"One ugly beast caught me in particular. A massive orc, with an even larger axe seemed to be leading the group. The beast was completely bald, and had more scars covering his body than the wisest wizard could count." Bran's jovial voice lowered, getting a slightly hushed tone to it, causing everyone listening to lean in slightly as if to hear better, Bran's face now grim. "However, it was one scar in particular that struck me as odd. It ran from the back of his head all the way to the front. It made my blood run cold. Surly the only way to receive a scar like that is to have your head slip in two, but he was still breathing; the same as you and me. It was an old wound though, if you ask me; it had that leathery look scars get once they have been long healed...for a decade or so...ya know? Well, anyways, when I saw him I got my butt the hell out of there. That was somewhere near the south west edge of the high forest that I saw them last." Bram pauses, as he reaches his table, picks up the dice and gives them a roll.

"I hope that helps you, my frined!"
__________________
As a DM: Lichy Business /|\ Fireside Tales: Group 1 /|\ Fireside Tales: Group 2 || Up Next as DM: Little to no activity over weekend Enjoy your 4th.
As a Player: Guild Battle /|\ The Closing Calamity in the Crags: Group 2 || Misc Endeavors: Monster Den /|\ Writers Block /|\ Team Up
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 08:06 AM
Kenjitsu's Avatar
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu is online now
Psalm 144
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2024
RPXP: 8279
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Posts: 4,612
Ken Jitsu
right-aligned image


As the group was talking, Ken remembered somethings and shared with the others, "Travis Becker. I remember where I have heard that name before. He is a minor noble of Luscan who's father made his fortunes in the wool and textile industries. Rumor has it that Travis is not as virtuous as his father, willing to cut corners if it benefits him. But having the Becker clan owe us a favor could have some benefits down the road."

Then a scene that was both annoying and amusing began to unfold as an unruly Mountain Dwarf accompanied by very tall broad shouldered bald man with a warm smile who kind of looks like a holy man, began making a scene. There could not be more of a contrast between the two. While the dwarf was loud and obnoxious, the human was peaceful and polite.

There you have it, a barbarian. Although, not a dragonborn, but you can't have everything. But, having a holy man in tow more than makes up for that. And they are talking about orc raiders in the area, which would explain several of the jobs on the boards.

Smiling, the entertain called out to the over powering dwarf, "We are heading out to a farm that has been attacked lately in the same direction as where those orcs were last seen. Our job is to deal with whatever the threat is and we get paid extra if we can find a permanent solution to the farmer's problem. It sounds like we might be heading in the same direction. Care to join us? If you are going to do the job anyway, might as well get paid for it, eh?"

Yea, join us. If for no other reason than to see what kind of buttons I can push on you. This is going to be fun. Oh, you and Omar. Heck, I might not even have to do anything, but just watch as things play out. This is going to be awesome.





 

 

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Mar 8th, 2021 at 08:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 10:01 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2024
RPXP: 21630
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 9,197
Torrim Cragfoot
right-aligned image
The boisterous Bran seemed more interested in making a scene than providing Torrim with the information he was looking for and the dwarf was loosing his patience (not not hardest thing to do). The man tried to escort the dwarf over to his table, but found he would have better luck trying to move the side of the tavern. Torrim's eyes narrowed, but he finally acquiesced and followed the man over to his table.

As Bran started to tell what he had seen, Torrim wondered how much of this was actually true and how much was just him boasting in front of his friends. At the mention of the large bald orc, Bran had all of Torrim's attention, as though every other noise in the tavern faded away. The dwarf listened as the man described the scars covering the large orc's body, including the large one running down its face.

Torrim's hand clenched into a fist so tight that the blood drained from his knuckles. "Aye, I put many o' those scars there," he said quietly, and listened to rest of what Bran had to say as to where he had seen the orcs. "Oh aye, ye were most helpful. Another round on me, he said and tossed another coin onto their table."

The dwarf turned and was about to head out of the tavern, having completely forgotten about having the drink with the human from the barracks (what was his name again?), when someone else called him over. Torrim, sighed and approached the man, whom he realized had more than a little elven blood in him as well.

"Aye, what do ye want?" The half-elf told Torrim how they were tasked with aiding a farmer and putting an end to whatever threatened his farm. Considering the location, Torrim had to concede the fact that it was likely the orcs that were to blame. In some strange way, he considered this specific band of orcs his personal responsibility, likely due to how he had failed at stopping them in the past. "Alright, i'll help, though I dinna make any promises aboot what comes after. "

The dwarf grinned to himself. He knew exactly what type of permanent solution the situation called for.



 
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 10:43 AM
Chathmaral's Avatar
Chathmaral Chathmaral is offline
Mr Driver isn't impressed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2021
RPXP: 288
Chathmaral Chathmaral Chathmaral
Posts: 66
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare
right-aligned image
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare


The loud bang bang bang rang through the tavern as the fiery dwarf stormed in shouting for a Richard and Bran after a few moments of silence Bran stood and addressed the dwarf immediately the dwarf started asking about a band of Many-Arrow orcs

ĒCould these be the orcs Iíve spent almost half my life looking for?Ē

Elbryan wondered then Bran mentioned the leader and the unusual scar he sported, hearing this sent the warrior on a trip to the past, back to the day his father died back to the orc ambush he caused. Elbryan lost in the past did not notice the dwarf approach Ken, the dwarf agreed to accompany them to help the farm, but vengeance was all Elbryan could think of.

"Tell me sir dwarf what history do you have with that orc? I believe him to be the same orc that killed my father or at least he has the same wound my father inflicted on the orc that killed him." Elbryanís face was twisted in a scowl the thought of finally having his vengeance clearly showing on the normally calm warrior.


OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2024
RPXP: 35171
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,547
Gryizara
right-aligned image
Gryi says to Elbryan, "I think Small means speaking in the Arcane to cast spells."

To Blooms she says, "Well met Blooms. Please, call me Gyri."

She isn't thinking too much of what Ken can offer until he speaks up. His words on the group going out on some of the easier jobs around says there is more to him than meets the eye. He's got a keen mind for sure.

She only raises an eyebrow as the dwarf she spoke to earlier came in and got the whole place's attention. She still hadn't caught his name, and now she knew he hadn't meant to offend her. He was interested in ingratiating himself with anyone.

-->Link to Bio<--
 
__________________
Posting Status: Better than my Average - If a post is needed from me either as a DM/GM or a player, please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 12:19 PM
penbeast0's Avatar
penbeast0 penbeast0 is online now
Mutt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2024
RPXP: 8613
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Posts: 7,401
SMALL
right-aligned image


Small had lost the thread of the conversation but he had followed Ken's words.
"So, go to 3rd farm South, protect for night. Search for clues if no attack. In morning follow clues. If clues lead to orcs, we kills orcs. If clues no lead to orcs, we follow clues and kill orcs. Everyone happy. Can we go? "

 




Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 12:19 PM
Chathmaral's Avatar
Chathmaral Chathmaral is offline
Mr Driver isn't impressed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2021
RPXP: 288
Chathmaral Chathmaral Chathmaral
Posts: 66
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare
right-aligned image
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare


Gryi says to Elbryan, "I think Small means speaking in the Arcane to cast spells."
Elbryan nodded at Gryi before responding "That is what I thought he was saying he also mentioned shape of big swamp beast which I assume he means he can take beast shape."

~~~~~~~~~

After a moment of the dwarf not replying Elbryan realized that he let his desire to avenge his father got the best of him he smiled and looked at the dwarf offering his hand in greetings "I apologize where are my manners? My name is Elbryan Wyndin’ishare of Luskan and as I said before I believe this orc you are hunting and the one I am hunting are one in the same. Can you tell me anymore about him?"


OOC
 

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Mar 8th, 2021 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2024
RPXP: 21630
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 9,197
Torrim Cragfoot
right-aligned image
Another human stepped forward, this one under the disillusion that his father had battled the orc Torrim sought and was even the one that had given him that hideous scar.

"I dinna think so boyo. I've faced this orc 'afore. Your father wou' have ta been damned good ta have gotten tha best o' that one."

It was only then that Torrim noticed the half-orc from the barracks talking with a lizardman, of all things. It dawned on him like a storm cloud slowly creeping across the sky: this whole lot were the ones that he would be traveling with to the farm.

"Vergadain be certainly having a laugh at me expense, "Torrim muttered. "Alright, when do we leave?"


 
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 01:51 PM
Chathmaral's Avatar
Chathmaral Chathmaral is offline
Mr Driver isn't impressed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2021
RPXP: 288
Chathmaral Chathmaral Chathmaral
Posts: 66
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare
right-aligned image
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare


The dwarf just dismissed Elbryan insulting his father while he was at it, Elbryan resisted the urge to show this arrogant dwarf the skills his father taught him "My father fought the late King Obould himself and lived to tell the tale if not for an ambush that orc would have stood no chance." Elbryan snapped instead before turning and motioning toward the exit "Shall we go?"


OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Kenjitsu's Avatar
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu is online now
Psalm 144
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2024
RPXP: 8279
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Posts: 4,612
Ken Jitsu
right-aligned image


Watching the dwarf Torrim make friends was like watching a bull in a alchemist lab.

Not sure how long that guy is going to last. Perhaps he never learned the value of having friends. I almost feel sorry for him. He is little more than a scared animal trying to take on the world.

Looking over at his lizard friend, Ken smiles and says in a cheery voice, "Well Small, I think we are ready to go, my friend. This should make for an interesting outing."

Looking back at Maud, Ken calls out, "Maud, I am going out to that farm with livestock problems with my new friends here. I promise I will play as soon as I get back, but it might be tomorrow depending on how things go. Is there anything I can do for you while I am out that way?"





 

 
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Shula's Avatar
Shula Shula is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2021
RPXP: 2024
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Posts: 2,159
left-aligned image
Bawma
right-aligned image
omar
Omar said to Elbryan, "Your father was a mighty man if the tales of King Obould are half as true as they say." Turning to the whole group, "Yes, on second thought we should take one's leave of this fine establishment and go to the farmstead. But first let us proceed to the Chapter House."

The warlock wondered, How many of us will be dead by tomorrow's night? Only the gods know.

Turning to Maud, Omar makes a grand bow with a hand flourish towards the dame. "Ah mistress! Until we meet again." He hoped the proprietress wasn't too miffed about his departure. We both knew it to be but temporary service. Besides, the wine is second rate at best.

And once again the warlock thought about the lizardman. Is he an arcanist like the half-orc says or is he a divine channeler? Not that it matters much as long as he is competent.



ooc
 

 

Last edited by Shula; Mar 8th, 2021 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2024
RPXP: 35171
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,547
Gryizara
right-aligned image
Gryi felt like all she was doing was introducing herself, but, since no one else really was, she stepped forward.

As they were leaving to go and check out this farm, she moved next to Ken first. He sounded like a local, or at least very close to what others in the town sounded like. If not local to the town, he was probably local to the area.

"Hello sir. I'm Gyrizara Shadecrag, and looks like I'll be coming along on this... investigation? I heard what you said earlier, and though I'm not one for tactics or the movement of troops or fighting folk, it seemed rather insightful. Where did you learn such things? Or are you just a student of folks behavior?""

She took a moment to move to Omar as well, and gave him the same introduction of her name. She added, "I've traveled a long way, Omar, is it? Did I hear right? I hail from Turmish, as most who hear my accent can affirm. I encountered travelers from all over on my long journey, but I never did hear quite the accent that you have. Do you come from the far East? Eastern Shaar perhaps?"

She'd move along with the group, hanging her shield on her pack when the way was clear on the road so she was just carrying her warhammer.

-->Link to Bio<--
 
__________________
Posting Status: Better than my Average - If a post is needed from me either as a DM/GM or a player, please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Kenjitsu's Avatar
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu is online now
Psalm 144
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2024
RPXP: 8279
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Posts: 4,612
Ken Jitsu
right-aligned image


While the group was still building up momentum to actually head outside, Ken was a little surprised when the half-orc introduced herself with such grace and ease, "Well, hello. You can call me Ken. I am glad you are going to be joining us. I have been on the road traveling for many years now. I had mentor that taught me a lot while we traveled. So, you could say that I have picked up a little bit here and there."

Admiring her armor, the half-elf added, "By the way, you look awesome. Who made your armor, if you don't mind me asking? I can tell a lot of care was given to it over the years. I am in need of some studded leather armor myself and would like to know who to go to."





 

 

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Mar 8th, 2021 at 04:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2024
RPXP: 21630
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 9,197
Torrim Cragfoot
right-aligned image
The man who had introduced himself as Elbryan became agitated and stormed off when Torrim suggested that his father would not have been able to stand toe-to-toe with the orc he now hunted. The dwarf shrugged. If the man had been that insulted, they could have gone a few rounds and worked things out. Humans were strange.

Outside, the sun was still glaring brightly in the sky and Torrim's stomach grumbled loudly. He had not eaten anything since the morning and it looked as though that was not going to change. He was not complaining; he as doing exactly what he had set out to do, but that didn't change the fact that he would not have said no to a plate of chicken or ribs right about now.

Instead, he unhooked a metal flagon that hung from his pack. "Blozwatan," he said, and a moment later the rim was nearly overflowing with froth. He began to drink and didn't stop until he hit bottom, leaving a satisfied smile on his face. He hit his chest with his fist and belched. After tying the flagon back to his pack, he wiped most of the foam from his beard as he continued his march down the road. It was turning out to be not such a bad day after all.


 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB