Game Thread Slouching Toward Vallaki - Page 34 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Barovia Wants You!
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #496  
Old Mar 7th, 2021, 06:05 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5657
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 2,376
Doctor Lord Hofer
right-aligned image
Arquiztex gives the former Herr Doktor Wens the heads up about the basement monster just as he's picked up charred papers to examine what remains, if any is at all legible. "Coming!," he says as he follows Arquiztex down the stairs, doing his best to make haste while shoving the unread papers into his satchel. "I have blocked the cellar entrance, but I can unblock it as easily."

Going through the upstairs hallway, he catches sight of Kitty changing dresses and averts his eyes. She doesn't seem to notice his inadvertent violation. He does not see or hear Primble heading out with them, so he assumes she has gone on ahead.

Mechanics
 

 

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Mar 10th, 2021 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old Mar 7th, 2021, 11:48 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
Breaking barriers
right-aligned image
Wham! Dust billowed and swirled in the air around the angels of Mercy when old Brother Bones 23 to hit for 8 damageslammed into the wall between the heroes. Rolen gripped the hilts of his swords tightly as he pivoted on his feet, ready to strike anything that came through. He tried not to ponder what it could be, it didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was that it didn't escape.

Mercy warned Strazni and the watch away. He nodded to her as she produced a mace and said "Whatever it is, we can't let it out into the town".

"If this isn't the hard proof Herr Doktor and the Baron want then nothing is. We have to kill this evil and then Fiona too." Rolen turned to Izek "The Priestess is right, this is not your fight. But, if we should fall. Well, your town isn't ready for anything that can kill us."

Rolen saw the wall was all but splintered, barely holding up. So, he lunged forward and 18 to hit for 6 damagestruck the battered wall with Cat's Paw, the sword that Five Stormcloud rewarded him with so many days ago. The wood burst inward and fell down around them in chunks and slivers.

Actions & Stats
 


 

Widowmaker, Stallion supreme
 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Exfilia Exfilia is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 4940
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Posts: 2,787
The Doctor finds all the letters crumbled to ash, but some of the accounts are scorched but salvageable. He shoves them in his satchel and heads downstairs, noting that Arquiztex seems to have made some progress with the Wachter girl. At least, both of them follow him.




Little Kitty giggles.

"Ooh, how PURPLE! Victor won't like that at all! Shall we ring for the servants to bring up the tub, and heat some water for Kitty's bath? She'll be careful not to scratch you!"

And then Arquiztex tells her about the monster.

"Is it Mummy?" Kitty asks. Regardless of the answer, she follows Arquiztex downstairs, her bare feet slapping against the strip of carpet that runs down the flight.




At Mercy's advice, Strazni distributes his troops at the top of the stairs to block the exit. He sends two around to the basement stairs, but they return to tell him, loudly enough for Mercy and Rolen to hear, that there's a dirty great pile of dirt on it, and up against the back door, too.






The secret door pops off its central pivot and falls down into the room beyond.Nothing comes out, except a low chuckle and a stench like rotten fish.

Through the door, when you look, is what appears to be a magic circle in an incredibly ancient style redolent of evil. In the center is a cat, a cat whose withers are as high as the top of Rolen's head. Papery skin and patchy black fur stretch across the massive bones, and in the emaciated skull two hellish red eyes burn with infernal light. This cat is in fact laughing, probably at the party, but its tail is twitching as if it were preparing to pounce.

"Have you come to save a poor cat?" it says in a voice that hisses like burning coals.
__________________
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 01:29 PM
lostcheerio's Avatar
lostcheerio lostcheerio is offline
Swords, not words!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13055
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Posts: 5,122
Mercy Petreva, Human Light Cleric
right-aligned image
Mercy moves to stand directly in the doorway, her angels fluttering and flying around her and Rolen. "We've come to bring darkness to the light," says Mercy. "Which one are you?" And she summons her spectral mirror inside the circle, a bright black shining club, and whacks it into the demon cat. Then she calls down Sune's holy radiance on the creature, and crouches down so Rolen can take his shots.

Bertha, please tell Arquiztex that we heard the guard say the doors are blocked. When she comes near, I can drop the angels. Just have her tell me when.



Mercy’s Actions
OOC: Mercy's attack rolls. GAH.
Move:
Action: Sacred Flame. Make a DC 15 DEX save or take radiant damage. No damage on a successful save.
Dice Radiant Damage:
2d8 1, 2 Total = 3


Bonus Action: Spiritual Weapon. Lasts for 1 minute, so this is attack 1 of 10. 1/10.

Dice Spiritual Weapon:
d20+7 (1)+7 Total = 8

Dice Force Damage:
1d8+4 (7)+4 Total = 11


Reaction: She will use Improved Warding Flare to impose disadvantage on an attack on her or on Rolen, whichever gets hit.

Concentrating: Spirit Guardians for 10 minutes. If the demon cat comes within 15 feet of her, must make a DC 15 WIS save or take 12 radiant damage and have speed halved, 6 on a successful save.

 
__________________
__________________
Playing: Anya | Mercy | Josie Tucker
___________________
DMing: The Other Side of the Mountain | Rime of the Frostmaiden

Last edited by lostcheerio; Mar 8th, 2021 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5657
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 2,376
Doctor Lord Hofer
right-aligned image
The trio of the former Herr Doktor Wens, Arquiztex, and Kitty clamber down the stairs, but on the ground floor, Arquiztex changes route to the internal stairway, but the former Herr Doktor Wens sticks with his original plan and heads to the cellar door in case the others need an exit. Once there, he stops to pull Jeeves out of the portable hole and restow the magic cloth, then with a Primeval word and gesture, he moves the soil back to its original location, then opens the door, letting in outside light.

Mechanics
 

 

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Mar 8th, 2021 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 09:21 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Arquiztex
right-aligned image
”Arquiztex Thurkar” by @ThePsysquatch


"How do you do? Nice weather! Excuse me! All my regards to your wife and fat children! "Arquiztex throws down all the polite human phrases she knows as she shoves through the bottleneck of guards on the stairs ... and then she stops when she sees the reason they have amassed and gone no farther. It's those gals again. True, they are different from the angels that Primble had called, but the Rak'ta recognizes the same beatific 9-5, honey we're just doing our job, so don't get in our way, side-eye glances they are throwing down.

If there is an opening on the downward stairs, Arquiztex acrobatics roll =24 in actions spoiler tagwill attempt to leap over the banister and onto the second level of stairs, without going through the landing area, which the angels have clearly marked as their whuppin' grounds.

If she lands well, the Rak'ta will pull out her rapier and stand just outside of the angels' range, but at the edges of it, ready to rush through and risk their attacks if this creature that her friends have cornered comes forth. She had hoped it would be a tiger. After all, she just gave away her last and only item of clothing, and a new tiger cape would have been good. But this cat ... well, nothing could be done with its fur.

Speaking of wild cats ... "Kitty, big devil skeleton cat down here. What know about it?"

 



 







Big Bertha flashes image of devil cat to Arquiztex; talks to Mercy and Arquiztex; advances 20 feet toward cat.

I'm going in to see if it is possible to stand in her summoning sphere or if something protects movement through it.

 

__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Mar 8th, 2021 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 10:25 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
Fiendish felinid
right-aligned image
The smell hit him before the door even hit the ground. It wrinkled his nose and watered his eyes. What Rolen saw inside was completely unexpected but, undeniably evil all the same. There sat a great gaunt cat with burning eyes and a malevolent laugh.

The ranger was very familiar with large predators and this beast was looking at them as prey. It asked them mockingly if they were rescuing cats. Mercy wasted no time answering with words and actions. Rolen stepped into the doorway behind her and dropped his swords. He was anticipating something rushing out, not casually waiting for them.

Quickly, he readied the enchanted bow that was given to him by a much more pleasant felinid and knocked an arrow. He pointed at the demonic feline and shouted "Hunter's markHakar!" marking it as his enemy. Then, when Mercy crouched, he pulled the bowstring taut. Rolen took careful aim of the large creature and 17 to hit for 16 damageloosed an arrow. The wood elf watched with great satisfaction as it sailed straight and true into the being at the center of the evil circle.

Actions & Stats
 


 

Widowmaker, Stallion supreme
 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Exfilia Exfilia is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 4940
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Posts: 2,787
Arquiztex19
Big Kitty18
Rolen13
Wens12
Mercy8

Arquiztex asks Stella Wachter what she knows of the creature in the basement.

"Mummy was going to feed me to it if I didn't act right and marry Victor." She shivers a bit in her purple dress. "But you're a big strong lizard and you won't let that happen, right?"

The guards look at her in some surprise. Who knows what they'd been told, but they didn't expect to see her here.

Izek nods.

"That right there," he says, "should be enough for the Baron's purposes."

And Big Kitty opens its mouth and BRRREEEEEATHES!

Not dragon breath, not quite. It's... Tuna Breath, a murderous case of feline halitosis that causes everyone within 15' of the front of the creature to take 2 points, or 1 if you savepoison damage from the truly noxious fumes and or be incapacitated for 1 round and poisoned for 9 rounds thereafter, with a new save at the end of each round.make a DC13 CON save.

The creature AC19shrugs off Rolen's arrows just as, on the far side of the room, light and perhaps some welcome fresh air suddenly flood in as the Doctor opens the cellar doors from the other side.

Mercy's Sacred Flame also rolls off the devil cat's hide, and her Spiritual Weapon is equally ineffective. The angels are more useful, peppering the great beast with radiant damage.

What would you like to do next?
__________________
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that.

Last edited by Exfilia; Mar 9th, 2021 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is offline
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 5657
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 2,376
Doctor Lord Hofer
right-aligned image
Standing on the landing inside the exterior entrance, the doctor points his sonic screwdriver magic talking stick at the niche with the cat-like monster in it's magic circle and says telepathically, "There, Jeeves, what do you make of that?"

At the same time, he focuses his mind and does his own Arcana 12, Religion 23analysis of the creature and the magic circle surrounding it.

"Ailuryloth, Boss, also known as a Cat Devil," say Jeeves, "Watch out for the claws, bites, and reputably noxious breath weapon. I think they're usually only found on the Prime Material and associated pocket dimensions, if conjured that is. And I'm sorry, but devils aren't my specialty — mostly informed on creatures native to Barovia, you see."

"Old Chondathan: "I believe I've been kissed by an elk!," essentially "I can't believe it!"Ich glaub mich knutscht ein Elch!," says the doctor, "That magic circle must be centuries old. See the scuffs? The dirt? It is a Wachter family heirloom, possibly as old as Barovia."

Mercy falls unconscious and the doctor says, "Leave this cat devil be for a moment, but do not get close. It has noxious and deadly breath. Otherwise, we should be quite safe for the moment as it is confined in its magic circle." Then louder he says to the cat devil, "Greetings, Ailuryloth! You have been here a long, long time, I think. Is it not so? We seek your warden, Lady Fiona Wachter. Did she exit the house through here in the last few minutes?"

Mechanics
 

 

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Mar 9th, 2021 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Changed for Mercy's post
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 05:04 PM
lostcheerio's Avatar
lostcheerio lostcheerio is offline
Swords, not words!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13055
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Posts: 5,122
Mercy Petreva, Human Light ClericMercy is incapacitated by the Tuna Breath! Her angels dissipate, leaving it safe for the party to move freely.


Mercy’s Actions
OOC:
Initiative: 8
Saving Throw:Con save: 11 (fail)
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Concentrating:
Condition:Poisoned (1/10)

 
__________________
__________________
Playing: Anya | Mercy | Josie Tucker
___________________
DMing: The Other Side of the Mountain | Rime of the Frostmaiden

Last edited by lostcheerio; Mar 9th, 2021 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 09:14 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Arquiztex

Kill, Ambush, Flee
right-aligned image
”Arquiztex Thurkar” by @ThePsysquatch


Arquiztex recalls a game she played with Leafy and Miriam, just a few days and many lifetimes ago as they traveled from Durst Manor to Barovia.

The game was called "Kill, Ambush, Flee" and of course everyone knows it. One lizard names three monsters and you have to decide which one you would kill straight out, which one you would try to kill by ambushing and which one you would flee. For example: if you said Rak'ta, halfling and Beholder, most everyone would respond: Halfing—kill, Beholder—ambush and Rak'ta—flee.

Miriam was no fun to play with. She asked too many details about the life choices of each creature, whether it observed the holy days and honored the gods; did it keep its word, had it done penance for its wrongs? But at least she would, after much, much questioning, reluctantly answer. Once she did answer, it was fun, because however much she tried, she could rarely bring herself to say "flee." She would try to whisper the word ... even though she seemed to understand it was just a game.

Leafy was more responsive. He would answer immediately and debate Arquiztex on the merits of her choices. "You would flee a rhinoceros but ambush a pirate ship? But what if turned out rhinos were on the ship? What then?" Arquiztex had to think—he had her there. She tried to answer, but couldn't. She began a long explanation ... and only dissolved in laughter. Rhinos on a ship? Who has ever seen a rhino with a wooden leg? It still amused her. Sometimes, over the past days when she has been—well, let's not say frightened, how about "challenged in courage"?—she has imagined a rhino with an eye patch and a wooden leg, and immediately felt better.

But after their game (or maybe it wasn't when they were finished, but had just given up trying to explain to Miriam the comparative life history and sins of a theoretical warrior drow and an even more theoretical wizard kobold (the correct answer is "Ambush elf" and "Kill kobold," if you were wondering, but Miriam never got there)), Leafy came up to Arquiztex and said in a more serious tone that she had heard him use on occasion.

"You know, huntress. There is only one right answer. You always kill the monsters. Always."

At that moment, Arquiztex knew she hadn't erred in trusting him.






Big Bertha continues her brave rush to the devil cat's circle, but is blown over by a foul-smelling wind.

Cleric! Help! I've got 8 legs and they're all up in the air. Can you give me a push over? Cleric? Cleric!

 



Kill, Kill, Kill
right-aligned image
”Arquiztex Thurkar” by @ThePsysquatch


You can never judge a flower by its smell. Take, for example, those roses that humans are fond. Yes, pretty—but their smell? Abominable! And let's not get started with their lilacs! But a common marsh bloom, though not a bit showy with its brownish and speckled with grays wilted petals, oh what a smell it releases! It conjures the aroma of frog eggs in the sun, the droppings of a fat tortoise at the edge of the banks, the moss that has fermented in the sun-soaked stagnant waters! And here, before Arquiztex, was another example: a horrid mammal-like undead creature, surely a scourge deserving to die ... but what a sweet breath it released. As the odor rolled over her, Arquiztex drew in the smell and filled her body with it—it had the nutrient-rich approach of fish, the bouquet of a tortoise leg meat, the cleansing palate of swamp moss. It stirred her to courage.

Filled with resolve, and alarmed to see the cleric falter, Arquiztex rushed through the angelic demarcation zone. "Gals, I'm just ..." she called out, then realized they weren't there.

The Rak'ta advanced, leaping the last 5 feet to avoid some leggy, withering fur-speck, possibly an effusion or wizardy of this devil-cat, and raced between the legs of the infernal creature, slicing as she advanced, and seeking to blend into the darkness as she emerged on the other side, more stumbling than stealthy as Wens' voice calls out begging the devil for parley.

 



 


__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Mar 9th, 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 10:08 PM
AnotherDragoon's Avatar
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon is offline
Down & Dirty Dragoonie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13898
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Posts: 3,458
A foul feline indeed
right-aligned image
A warm, moist, and thick air rushed forth from the fiendish felinid and assaulted the gathered heroes. Rolen stumbled and gagged. He fought to hold onto his morning biscuits and Con save: 17somehow managed to maintain control of his stomach.

It was like being slapped in the face with a decaying carp full of stagnant water. Bile rose in the back of his throat and Mercy went down. Wens and Arquiztex had found their way to the basement along with Izek and the guards. The good Doktor was shouting a warning about the creature's breath. Noted. He seemed to think the thing would converse, Rolen wasn't in the mood for talking. And neither was the Rak'ta apparently. She dashed in and slashed at the gruesome beast.

The ranger gingerly stepped over the priestess to position himself between the monster and his friend. He drew an arrow and rolled a 3sent it to the devil cat but his eyes were watery from the stench and his arrow flew high. Quickly, he knocked a second and rolled a 2loosed but, this time it sailed wide and struck the wall across the room. Rolen bared his teeth and hissed.

Actions & Stats
 


 

Widowmaker, Stallion supreme
 
__________________
│I have taken the oath.│ “There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
-Nigel Tufnel
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old Mar 10th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Exfilia Exfilia is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 4940
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Posts: 2,787
Well, so much for not releasing the Ailuryloth. Arquiztex leaps into the circle, dragging her tail through 18 or 24 inches of the runes that formed the circle. Big Kitty yowls in triumph. He's free. He has a nasty cut from the lizard on his underbelly, but he is, in fact, free.

He rushes at the Doctor and sinks both its skeletal claws into the poor man, then grasps him by the nape of the neck and gives a total for claw/claw/bite: 28 damagemighty shake. In the midst of his distress, the Doctor hears Jeeves: "Don't hit it with me! Noooooo!"

Rolen's two arrows miss again. In spite of his position, the Doctor manages to shout out some information about the devil they're facing, and then attempts to parlay with it. The ailurolyth does not reply; it has its mouth full.

At the top of the stairs, you hear Strazni roar "GET DOWN THERE!" and then the pounding of booted feet on the stairs.

What would you like to do now?
__________________
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old Mar 10th, 2021, 01:19 PM
lostcheerio's Avatar
lostcheerio lostcheerio is offline
Swords, not words!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 13055
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Posts: 5,122
Mercy Petreva, Human Light ClericSpearmint. Snow. The mountains around Daggerford. Lemons. Mercy recovers her ability to move and shakes off the effects of the poison. She takes control of her holy mirror once more and swings it at the devil cat attacking Wens.

"Hey, fiend, I was talking to you! What's your name, cat? Whose beast are you? What have you been doing down here, all by yourself?"

She marches toward the devil with the doctor in its mouth, and calls down the holy radiance of Sune.


Mercy’s Actions
OOC:
Initiative: 8
Saving Throw:
Move:
Action: Channel Divinity, Radiance of the Dawn. CON saving throw, DC 15, or take full radiant damage, with half damage on a successful save:

Dice Radiant Damage:
2d10+6 (1, 2)+6 Total = 9


Bonus Action: Spiritual Weapon attack (round 3 of 10)

Dice Roll:
d20+7sh19 (11)+7 Total = 18

Dice Force Damage:
1d8+4 (8)+4 Total = 12


Reaction: Use Improved Warding Flare to impose disadvantage on an attack on Mercy or an ally. (4/4)
Concentrating:
Condition:Poisoned (2/10) She saved this time, so I subtracted 1 more point and it's done.

 
__________________
__________________
Playing: Anya | Mercy | Josie Tucker
___________________
DMing: The Other Side of the Mountain | Rime of the Frostmaiden

Last edited by lostcheerio; Mar 10th, 2021 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old Mar 10th, 2021, 02:28 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Pisseur de copie
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 19687
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 7,530
Arquiztex

Arquiztex, unwitting liberator of cat demons
right-aligned image
”Arquiztex Thurkar” by @ThePsysquatch


Arquiztex recovers her stumble, pivots and holds her position. She commands the voice to take an action for her and is flabbergasted to see the small, furry speck respond. Was that the voice?

Sizing up the cat devil, Arquiztex prepares for her next move.

 



 










Big Bertha jumps to Mercy, lands on her, and casts "This allows any attacks from the cat demon on Mercy to be made only at disadvantage and Mercy cannot be charmed, inhabited or possessed by the demon while the spell lasts.Protection from Evil" for Arquiztex.



 

__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Mar 10th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB