Game Thread Chapter One: The Winding Trails of Fate - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Fireside Tales.
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 01:29 AM
Gilgameshi's Avatar
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2021
RPXP: 384
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Posts: 286
Blomstrende Doorbreaker
right-aligned image
Blomstrende
Blooms winced as she counted the fowl monsters. "Ooh, baker's dozen," she said to herself. They suddenly glowed with a strange blue light, and by Torrim's screaming rage she thought the chickens had some magic in them, until she realized it was the small lizard who had made them glow; easier to hit.

"Nice work, Small!"

What were these things, though? Blooms wasn't sure. The others were busy killing the things. Gyri seemed to be more familiar with them. "'Native to-?' Yeah, seems fishy. Or fowly..."

Blooms then picked a target. Easier to study some creatures if they're dead, and these little blighters seemed too aggressive to examine alive. How 'bout some cold turkey? Spy, help out, will ya? As the owl swooped down on the toothy birds, a spectral skeletal hand grasped at one of the chicken's necks, intent on wringing it to the grave.

OOCInitiative: 7

Nature check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5sch15 (14)+5 Total = 19
(19)

Move: to CW3
Action: Cast Chill Touch on chicken@DG9 or DH8:
Dice w/ help from Spy:
2d20+7kh1 (1, 3 (keeping 3) )+7 Total = 10
(10) to hit for
Dice Roll:
d8 6
(6) necrotic
Bonus: -
Reaction: Shield or AoO

 

Last edited by Gilgameshi; Mar 29th, 2021 at 01:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Maestrosity's Avatar
Maestrosity Maestrosity is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 11th, 2021
RPXP: 1455
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Posts: 568
Qarateb Muozito
right-aligned image
As the horde of chickens ran out of the cave, Qarateb's jaw dropped. The surprise of this sight caused a momentary paralysis. Then, he regained his wits and quickly but carefully moved forward. It was his duty to keep his spellcasting companions from falling under this mass of foes. But there were so many! He lowered his shield somewhat, protecting his legs from the tiny sharp-teethed creatures. He balanced himself on the balls of his feet, ready to move when one would try to snap at him. Meanwhile, he kept his eyes wide for any that would try to slip past him towards his shieldless companions. Without taking his attention off of the horde, he shouts at the ones behind him: "Stay back!"

OOC
 

 
__________________
Slow posting until May 18th.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 01:59 AM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
Is it nap time yet?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 4829
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 6,061
Small may not be the best ally to have in the Or maybe he is? I don’t know..kings throne room, but there is some truths in life that Small is very good at noticing. Big is strong, small is weak. Fast is good, slow is bad. Those of two of the truths, and another one is that things that glow are easier to hit. Glow IS good; at least in this situation. With that powerful knowledge, Small is quick to speak his god words and cast a Fairy Fire designated by the teal borderpowerful enchantment on about a third of the enemies.

With Small’s actions unknown to the dwarf, this enchantment seemed a lot like a demonic aura to dwarven warrior. Maybe not very demonic, with all the twinkling and sparkles, but enough to get the juices pumping in Torrim’s veins at least. Meeting the lead raptor head on, Torrim was able to inflict a rather 7 damage, wounding the foenasty slice into the creature.

With a practiced motion, Ken slipped into a comfortable position in which he was able sling a rock at a near by foe. His aim proved to be spot on and caught the bird like foe in the 9 damage, nearly deadbody, nearly dropping it. While the injuries looked to be life ending, only the creature’s primal instincts kept its body surging forward.

Rushing forward, Elbryan was quick to unleash his dance of death on his enemy, and with short dash forward he was able to launch into a very smooth one-two combo with his blades that left the raptor before him laying on the group in First hit killed, second slash purely flavor test. Mmm, carnage!three different pieces.

Gryi knew that Gond would answer her call for divine might, and the raptor in which she targeted was enveloped in searing 6 damage to raptor in DK 20, the closest target. Player designated square was empty.yellow flame. However the creature came out the other end still kicking.

Omar was happy to finally be able to show his craft, but just as his attack was about to trigger, his magical rod seemed to falter, causing the attack to as stated, a missmiss wildly.

Blooms, always the scholar, took a moment to ponder the V-raptors as stated a few times now. identity and number of foes before her, and due to her mental musings, her attack was not a missswift as she might have hope, and the foe was able to hop out of the chilling grip of her attack.

Finally Qarateb trusted in his agility and moved himself up into the thick of the enemy and prepared to perform the four d’s: dip, dive, duck, and dodge.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As many of the group likely expected, the pack of creatures moved in tandem, crashed into the party like a flood. Several of the creatures each surrounded Qarateb, Elbryan, and Torrim; each to different results.

Elbryan took the worse of the onslaught, with several of the foes finding a hole in his 17 total damage, final attack missed due to him falling. The creature would have stopped attacking when Elbryan was no longer perceived as a threat.defense. Torrim was in the middle of the two, his dwarven furry shrugging off the worse of the blows, but still some teeth and claws got 12 total damage, 6 after rage resistance buff. For resistances I will always total the damage of each type before applying the resistance.through Finally Qarateb left the exchange completely unharmed, as his subtle dodges and ‘hard shell’ was able to keep his squishy inner bits and squished, split or sliced.

 


 


 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VRC4H.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	90398   Click image for larger version

Name:	VRC4F.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	90399  
__________________
Survivor the game showbut as a dnd adventure?, discuss in my Monster Den
What happens when suicide squad meets DnD? You get Lichy Business!!.
feel free to take a look at this reimagination of Dead in Thay!
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 02:54 AM
Gilgameshi's Avatar
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2021
RPXP: 384
Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi Gilgameshi
Posts: 286
Blomstrende Doorbreaker
right-aligned image
Blomstrende
The little chicken things - raptors, Blooms thought they were called - were fast, and deadlier than she anticipated. It was a good thing she was far from the front lines. Elbryan falling after the first few moments did not bode well though.

Why didn't I learn some sort of dragon breath spell from Texatrad?? Would've been handy and maybe get some instant fried dinner... Oh well.

The dwarf settled for force magic instead, three projectiles quickly zooming out from her hand to hit the injured monsters with uncanny aim.

OOCInitiative: 7

Move: -
Action: Cast Magic Missile on CT 2: 1 bolt,
Dice Roll:
1d4+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
(2) force dmg; 2 bolts CT13 or another target if CT13 dead,
Dice Roll:
1d4+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
(2) force dmg and
Dice Roll:
1d4+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
(3) force dmg
Bonus: -
Reaction: Shield or AoO

 
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 04:25 AM
Maestrosity's Avatar
Maestrosity Maestrosity is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 11th, 2021
RPXP: 1455
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Posts: 568
Qarateb Muozito
right-aligned image
Qarateb furrowed his brow a little as he focused on the evil chicken-like creatures. He tried to keep his eyes on all of them at the same time. There were so many! He was so focused on the raptors that he did not pay any attention to the rest of the battlefield. Unaware that Elbryan had gone down, Qarateb stood his ground. With his shield in front of him, he kept himself between the many enemies and the casters at his back. They may never pass me! He reminded himself.

OOC
 

 
__________________
Slow posting until May 18th.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 07:36 AM
penbeast0 penbeast0 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 2759
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Posts: 2,528
SMALL
right-aligned image


Nasty velociraptors were very familiar to Small, they had been a plague in the swamps of Chult, making up in numbers and ferocity what they lacked in size and strength. He was watching for one to slip outside the bounds of the pack so he could sink his teeth into its neck when he saw the big softskin in the shiny shell fall.

Knowing that the pack would leave the fallen target and swarm the others nearby, Small spoke Healing Word on Elbryan for 8God words of putting back together, knitting up the worst of the big softskin's holes and pushing some God energy back into his body.

Then, looking for one that looked injured (and that Bloom hadn't killed yet), he fired a jagged To hit 18, damage 5stone from his sling at the quick stepping target.



Quote:
20'cube from the movement on back is outlined in glowing green light. Any creatures within it must save v dex or they glow as well and attacks have advantage against any creatures caught in the spell.
 





Last edited by penbeast0; Mar 31st, 2021 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 09:16 AM
Kenjitsu's Avatar
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 1341
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Posts: 1,523
Ken Jitsu
right-aligned image


Ken - Wait. Those things are V-Raptors. They are not native to this region. I wonder if these belong to the chicken lady?

There was satisfaction when his bullet hit the V-Raptors in what appeared to be a vital spot, but even though the V-Raptor was visibly wounded, it still remained standing and continued its attack.

Ken - Man, those demon chickens are tough.

Watching the pack of creatures swarm those in front, fear starting setting in as he watched Elbryan fall.

Ken - Dang it, these demon-chickens, uh, I mean, V-Raptors just took down our holy warrior and we only took down one of them. This is going to get bad.

Picking the V-Raptor that circled around Torrim, Ken swung is sling again and targeted the little creature attacking the dwarf's back and hit it squarely at the base of the neck where it should have OK, I know it was not enough to kill it, but that is what Ken thinks.killed the vile thing.

After attacking, Ken moves back to his spot behind the tree hoping that the V-Raptors do not feast upon him next.



 

 

 
__________________

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Mar 31st, 2021 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 10:09 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 10871
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 5,239
Torrim Cragfoot
right-aligned image
The angry chickens came at Torrim like a flood of skittering teeth that clawed and scratched at him. It was glorious.

He had already drawn on his his smaller axes and now he dropped his battleaxe and drew his other hand axe, placing one of the weapon in each of his hands. " Come on ye little whelps. That tha best ye can do!?"

Torrim's axes swung with abandon at the small creatures that had surrounded him, focusing on the glowing ones first.



OOC: I wasn't sure what the CT# was of the ones around Torrim

 

 

Last edited by Silent Rain; Mar 31st, 2021 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 09:57 PM
Chathmaral's Avatar
Chathmaral Chathmaral is offline
Mr Driver isn't impressed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2021
RPXP: 288
Chathmaral Chathmaral Chathmaral
Posts: 79
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare
right-aligned image
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare

Blackness fell over the warrior as the raptors finished their clawing and biting at him, his life quickly fading as the blood ran free from the many wounds. ”This is the end…..I will see you soon father I am sorry…” the thought barely was able to be completed before the magical enegries of Small’s godword started to repair and mend those wounds.

Elbryan woke from the momentary blackness still wounded but alive, the warrior stood seeing that it was just a few seconds that he was unconscious. ”We may be in trouble.” the warrior thought as he took a quick glance at the battlefield.

Elbryan let his battle experience take over his swords worked separately but in unison. With a quick step forward the warrior slashed at the raptor that stood in front of him with his left-hand sword, he followed this up with a short spin toward the raptor in front of torrim finishing a backhand slash from his right-hand sword before hopping back the few feet to where he previously stood the ground stained with his own blood was a reminder of how dangerous these creatures can be.

OOC
 

 

Last edited by Chathmaral; Apr 1st, 2021 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 11:53 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 18355
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 17,756
Gryizara
right-aligned image
Gyri moves to close the Gap and form a wall of sorts with her companions against the Raptors.

She'll move to the closest to her in the gap, and if one falls before she gets to it, she'll move forward even more and strike with her Warhammer. As she moves she says, "Gond, I smite this beast in your name. Reveal your power."

 
__________________
Posting Status: Slow to Nil- Been bed-ridden sick since Sunday night. Feeling better now, but tired. Plan on catching up 5-12 and rest of week. All apologies.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 06:42 PM
Shula's Avatar
Shula Shula is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Posts: 717
left-aligned image
Bawma
right-aligned image
omar
Ashamed at such a bad shot Omar blushed. Still. there was a battle to be fought and he didn't want to let his comrades down.

Commanding Bawma to [t=distract] Owl flies in, does help action and uses Flyby ability to fly away without taking AOO[/tt] one of the chickens, Omar points his rod again and fires off a
Dice Attack Chicken Attack/Force Damage +2 Cold Damage from Genie's Wrath:
2d20+7kh1 (20, 6 (keeping 20) )+7 Total = 27
1d10+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
Dice Critical Hit Force Damage:
1d10 8
Total 15 Force Damage plus 2 Cold Damage.
blast of eldritch energy again. This time the warlock was satisfied with the results of his aim.

"Kill these chickens as fast as possible! Qarateb needs our help!"



ooc
 

 

Last edited by Shula; Apr 4th, 2021 at 07:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:13 PM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
Is it nap time yet?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 4829
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 6,061
After letting herself get distracted, and having her spell do little to nothing, Blooms sprung into action. She knew the perfect spell for the scene before here. With a quick incantation, Blooms flung her hand forward with three of her I hope?five fingers pointing towards the tangle of bodies; friend and foe alike. With the sound of a whip crack and a flutter of her hair from the recoil in the air, three nearly invisible darts of force shot forward. A lesser trained wielder of the arcane arts may have had to worry about the risk of flubbing the incantation and putting their allies at risk; but Blooms was no mere novice! Her spell flew true and sent two of the demon chickens to meet their reptilian….avian?....maker.

Qarateb flashed a million karat smile to the foes in which he was blocking. Normally it was a smelly orc, or a messy goblin which he found himself against; however these tiny foes a man could get used to distracting! With the success he was having at avoiding the creature’s attack, Qarateb launched into another evasive routine.

Having seen Elbryan decide to take a nap in the middle of battle, Small was reminded of how fragile some of the more ‘civilized’ races could be, and was quick to mutter words of the gods that quickly had Elbryan back into fighting shape. So quick was Small on reviving the Luscan native that he was able to draw, load and shoot his sling as a mere reaction. His fluid motion was a sight to be seen, and would have surly impressed if it was not for Ken.

Ken took careful aim on a Raptor near Elbryan, and would have sent the creature to its next life if it was not for Blooms. Mere seconds before Ken released his shot, a bolt of force put an end to Ken’s next victim. However, the rogue honest hard working musician’s lighting fast reflexes and nimble fingers was able to reacquire a target and release all in one snappy motion. Kens rock found itself landing on the same raptor as Small’s, and the one two punch was more then enough to have that creature’s next destination being the roasting spit.

Having felt the sting of the demon chicken’s claws and teeth on his own flesh, Torrim abandoned the larger weapon for two of its smaller siblings. In a swirl of pure dwarven furry, several parts of the demon chickens began to fill the air. One might think that Torrim was trying to make a tossed salad, and maybe he was. However instead of greens, veggies, and dressing, he was filling the air with body parts, gore, and blood. Yumm!

By this point, it had become clear to Elbryan that the last twelve or so seconds of his life would not be remembered as his finest...moment. Covered in blood and much, equal parts his own and that of friends and foes, Elbryan decided it would be wise to drag his bag of bones from the dirt he was just a split moment before sure he was going to be buried in. From one knee Elbryan was able to cleave a avian foe down. Elbryan went to lung forward to slice and dice another foe, but Torrim beat him to the punch. A quick pivot on the knee planted in the dirt and a rising twist later, Elbryan had both feet again firmly planted, and a wicked uppercut of his sword filled the air with droplets of blood sparkling in the dying afternoon light, the raptor lofting into the air as if in slow motion….

Only to come rocketing back to the ground after being met by Gyri’s massive hammer strike. While not a thundering crash, the crack of bones was enough to bring a smile to the Orcish woman’s lips as well as praise to Gond’s might.

Finally, as if to make up for his previous miss, Omar instructed Bawma to swoop into battle. The owl Shot forward and over Qarateb’s shoulder, and few into the cave. Just as Omar predicted, one of the remaining raptors took a leap towards the owl, and Omar was able to obliterate the creature. What went up as a raptor, ended up falling back to the earth as frost mincemeat.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Unaware that the tide of battle was turning, the vicious creatures continued to attack the foes in front of them. Four of the Raptors attacked Qarateb, finally able to predict the large man’s actions, and landed a few 10 damagesolid attacks.

The last raptor seemed to have realized what was coming next and missed Torrim by a mile after a half hearted rake of his claws and snap of its jaws.


 


 


 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VRC5H.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	90431   Click image for larger version

Name:	VRC5F.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	90432  
__________________
Survivor the game showbut as a dnd adventure?, discuss in my Monster Den
What happens when suicide squad meets DnD? You get Lichy Business!!.
feel free to take a look at this reimagination of Dead in Thay!
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 07:39 PM
Chathmaral's Avatar
Chathmaral Chathmaral is offline
Mr Driver isn't impressed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2021
RPXP: 288
Chathmaral Chathmaral Chathmaral
Posts: 79
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare
right-aligned image
Elbryan Wyndin'ishare

The raptor’s numbers dwindled with a quick scan of the battlefield Elbryan counted five left. Four of them five were surrounding Qarateb who was looking rough with multiple wounds showing on him "If anybody has a way to heal Qarateb is looking rough." he calls out

After calling out to others Elbryan rushed forward ten feet, flanking one of the raptors with the human as he came even with the raptor he stopped turning on the ball of his lead foot to fluidly face the raptor bringing both swords down in a diagonal arc one after the other both aimed at center mass.

OOC
 

 

 

Last edited by Chathmaral; Apr 3rd, 2021 at 07:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 02:58 AM
penbeast0 penbeast0 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 2759
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Posts: 2,528
SMALL
right-aligned image


With the battle subsiding and his Godwords exhausted, Small rushed into DD 22the remains of the group of raptors surrounding the short grumpy softskin in the shiny shell. Roaring his loudest roar (meh), To hit 21he sank his teeth into its leathery neck, Damage 4tearing until the blood shot forth into his mouth. The primal taste of the blood of his foes iTemportary hit points = 3nvigorated the small lizardman.


 





Last edited by penbeast0; Apr 4th, 2021 at 02:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 06:52 AM
Shula's Avatar
Shula Shula is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 667
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Posts: 717
left-aligned image
Bawma
right-aligned image
Omar
All of a sudden the warlock decided to risk his hide.

"Honest Omar to the rescue! Give way, give way!"

Moving so he has line of sight, the warlock again aims his rod while commanding Bawma to distract the enemy.
Dice Eldritch Blast targeting Chicken Attack/Fire Damage w/+2 Cold Damage from Genie's Wrath:
2d20+7kh1 (13, 5 (keeping 13) )+7 Total = 20
1d10+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
Eldritch streams of energy fly forth hitting Omar's foe.

"Honest Omar will make fried chicken of you yet! Yes, he will."


ooc
 

 

 

Last edited by Shula; Apr 4th, 2021 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB