RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 27th, 2021, 09:55 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4829
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
And ... I keep thinking of Battle Chess.

General rules.
Standard 8x8 board
Standard 16 pieces
When a piece “takes” another, battle commences; attacking piece wins initiative, this overrides all other abilities
Pawns=1st level fighter
Rooks=3rd level wizard
Knights=2nd level paladin
Bishops=2nd level cleric
Queen=4th level Sorcerer
King=4th level Bard
Promoted pawn=moves like queen; 4th level warlock spells selected upon promotion

No short rests; no long rests; healing or buffing of allied pieces allowed in place of a turn outside of combat; game ends when the King is killed; combat board becomes 8x8 square board, each square = 5 feet; combatants can choose any square to begin, but will declare beginning square in secret text for GM to see before combat begins; chess moves continue while combat rages, but combat square is impassable during battle; it is possible that multiple combats will be ongoing for each chess move turn; injuries sustained in combat carry over into general board moves and successive combats; with the exception of promoted pawn, all spells and abilities of all other characters must be a) uniform for each piece (all fighters are identical) and b) chosen in advance; spells and abilities will be registered in secret text, but notnot revealed to opponent; sourcebook for class subtypes and races will initially be PhB only for standardization and initial testing; post rate will be set and agreed upon in advance by both sides; use of chess programs to suggest moves is allowed because we have no way to enforce ban and the programs suggest only optimal moves for normal pieces, not a wounded queen being hunted by two rooks, for example
I like, expect I was thinking maybe 1/3/5 or 1/2/3 for levels. Pawns/advanced pieces/Queen&King Otherwise I think we are ready to make some character sheets up and start play testing, unless we have more rules we need to think up.
Stop on by for a Fireside Tale
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Pisseur de copie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19594
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
It will be evident after some play testing. The powerful pieces need to be powerful enough to survive several encounters with lower pieces, unless they reset their HP after each battle.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
please dont tell me green with your ham, but I want to know... How do you like your eggs?

When I am having eggs there is two factors, at home or at the restaurant. If it is at home, I always eat them scrambled(except on veeeery rare occasions). Normally if I am at home eating eggs, its with my family; and the kids prefer them scrambled. My secret for good scrabbled eggs is to use soy sauce(the fermented kind, not the cheap kind you get with Chinese take out) instead of salt. I promise it does not make your eggs taste weird, and it makes the saltiness much more evenly spread out. Even more impressive is one teaspoon of brewed soy sauce has around 190 milligrams of sodium, where a teaspoon of salt has 2,325 milligrams of sodium. I normally eat it with bacon, sausage patties and pancakes at home as well, as my niece and nephew love them. Just today I tried scrambled eggs with sesame seed oil, which is amazing, just go light on it.

When I eat eggs at the restaurant, I always request them over easy and I have have HAVE to have toast to soak up the yoke with.

How about you all?
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 10:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1341
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
When I have time, I actually prefer to make poached eggs, but most of the time I just cook them over easy or sometimes sunny side up. I also don't mind making scrambled eggs. On a side note, I also like hard-boiled eggs too.

When eating out, it depends on how much I trust the restaurant to cook the eggs right. If in doubt, I will go with scrambled, but if I trust them, I will do over easy because 1. I like over easy eggs and 2. it forces them to use real eggs and not some egg substitute.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 11:14 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
When I have time, I actually prefer to make poached eggs, but most of the time I just cook them over easy or sometimes sunny side up. I also don't mind making scrambled eggs. On a side note, I also like hard-boiled eggs too.

When eating out, it depends on how much I trust the restaurant to cook the eggs right. If in doubt, I will go with scrambled, but if I trust them, I will do over easy because 1. I like over easy eggs and 2. it forces them to use real eggs and not some egg substitute.
I would have never thought of the egg substitute thing. Another reason why I like em over easy. *offers his over easy brother a high five*
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 01:38 AM
Story Harvester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1274
PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine PlaidPeregrine
Psst.

Egg freakin' salad. With celery. Dash o' mustard so it's 'deviled'.
If it weren't deviled, how'd I be able to play such a fantastic Tiefling?

Or in a wrap with mushrooms, broccoli and home fries.

You can now go about your business. I was never here.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 01:40 AM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidPeregrine View Post
Psst.

Egg freakin' salad. With celery. Dash o' mustard so it's 'deviled'.
If it weren't deviled, how'd I be able to play such a fantastic Tiefling?

Or in a wrap with mushrooms, broccoli and home fries.

You can now go about your business. I was never here.
Not over easy? I mean I guess your allowed to be wrong....
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 01:44 AM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5611
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
*scratches egg head*

What.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 10:06 AM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
How do you like your eggs, egg? We are having a rather enjoyable conversation here :-P
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 11:21 AM
Wordsmith & artist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 733
Dystopian Dystopian Dystopian Dystopian Dystopian Dystopian Dystopian
There's so many acronyms being used on this site that I've never heard of... What's TEABB and CSEA?
What's a DC skill check feature?

Sigh... I have a lot to learn about this stuff still.
"Creative aspiration becomes everyone. " || I have taken the oath of Sangus.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Pisseur de copie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19594
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
I honestly don't know the first two, but Master of Monsters pulled out CSEA for our scavenger hunt.
DC skill check is a D&D feature that I don't remember from by AD&D days, but it is a difficulty check, a score that you have to beat based on one of the 6 attributes (like dexterity) in order to succeed at a task.
For example, if jumping over a row of 20 crocodiles required a DC 15 (dex) check, then you would roll a 20-sided die and add on your dexterity bonus. If your roll equals or is higher than the check score, you jumped over...if not then into the crocodile maws you go.

Let's try it out ... a character with a +2 Dex bonus attamps
Dice Roll:
1d20+2sch15 (19)+2 Total = 21

ETA (edited to add): He makes it! Hooray!

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 11th, 2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome to my Monster Den, Dystopian

CSEA = Community Supporter Exclusive Adventures. They are games that are ran as a bonus for becoming a Community Supporter. If your interested in learning more about Community Supporter accounts, I'd be happy to cover that.

TEABB = Thanks Easter Aboleth Bawk Bawk. This one is a little tricky, but that is the name of the team who won the first annual Easter scavenger hunt! The consist of several wonderful members; Fillyjonk, lostcheerio, Wishkamon, stepanxol, bothers. They are also the sworn [strike]enemies[/stirke] frienemies of #TeamMoM, the only other team in the Easter Scavenger Hunt, aka my team.

As for Skill DC's, I feel our helpful rules badger answered that above!
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 06:41 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
So I have had an idea bouncing around in my head for a few days now. So here it is:

I posted way back in 2005 a game idea that was a Survivor game. Basically based off the TV series. I think it would be a lot of fun to have a dnd game that is ran similarly. Does this sound like a fun concept, or am I just looking to get in over my head here?

Lets hear some debate!
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1341
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
I never liked those shows.

Alone is a better version of that concept where it was not about politics but rather their survival skills.

Some people might like the concept.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3597
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
think I watched the first season and I had enough. Not my thing, I really don't watch reality shows.