Game Thread Episode II: Bloodlines - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > The Spiders Web > The Streets (Game Threads)
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Marshmallow's Avatar
Marshmallow Marshmallow is offline
Supposed Gaming Goddess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 8343
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Posts: 2,239
Episode II: Bloodlines

Bloodlines

"When I hear the raindrops comin' down it makes me sad and blue, was on a rainy night like this that Flo said we were through. I told her how I loved her, and I begged her not to go." sang the guitar player, his fingers dexterously working the strings as he sat back with his boots up on a crate pushed on its side, the boots covered in a mixture of dust, soil and sand, a cowboy hat sat covering his eyes. Above the guitar player was a large plastic tarp as the sizzling of acid rain could be heard after each tap once the acidic droplets collided with the plastic. A crowd of people casually passed the guitarist by as he continued to play the acoustic instrument, relishing in the acoustics provided by the square spires that flanked the rooftop garden.


The crowd continued to gather as the singer sang his tale. "Alone within my cell tonight my heart is filled with fear, the only sound within the room is the falling of each tear. I think about the thing I've done, I know it wasn't right, they'll bury Flo tomorrow, but they're hanging me tonight, they're hanging me tonight...". The crowd was forming around the edge of the building as a woman dressed in denim jeans, knee-high boots, and a flannel shirt spread her arms and addressed the masses, her eyes traversing the many faces that stood before her.
"Friends, family, my fellow hardworking men, and women. This evening we stand here to deliver justice unto this vile soul. We all know her charges and I see little reason to subject the family of her victim through any more pain than necessary. Their tragic loss has hit us all equally hard and it is with this in mind that the jurors made a fair and unbiased decisio-"
"Fair and unbiased? Absurdo! Patches didn't do a goddamn thing wrong you deitado chupador de pau!" a leather-bound man yelled from the crowd, several other men and women bound in leathers themselves nodding and jeering in agreement to his objections.
"- And yet again the affiliates of the guilty interfere. We were promised by your leader that there would be no interruption with our trials."
"That was before we knew what was really going on, now we're here to demand you release our irmã de armas here."

The woman stood by the edge of the building laughed at this demand, shaking her head in disbelief before turning her attention to the woman behind her who was bound at the wrist and feet, a hangman's noose already having been lowered down around her neck. The denim-clad woman looked from the prisoner to the nomads who were all armed themselves and laughed once again. "Not a chance in hell." was all she had to say in response to the demands, raising her foot and kicking the legs out from under the prisoner, who slipped from the edge of the rooftop. The rope visibly shunted at the sudden excess of dead weight.

"I took my pistol from my hip and with a trembling hand, I took the life of pretty Flo and that good for nothin' man, That good for nothin' man..."

For five seconds straight, there was a grim, uninterrupted silence. Then one of the Nomads unslung their shotgun and fired into the nearest person. The crowd responded not by panicked screams, but to the relative surprise of the aggressors, an immediate unholstering and separation as everyone sought cover. The shotgun toating Nomad was gunned down first by an ensemble of heavy pistol and SMG fire, forcing the remaining Nomads to pull back, finding themselves in an even worse position as a volley of assault rifle munitions flew over their heads from the other side of the rooftop farm. Orders were shouted between the nomads as gunfire continued to roar out and a flash of lightning in the distance crackled across with the worsening of the storm. The reclaimers quickly zeroed in on the Nomads, each time one tried to pop their head up to analyze the situation they were either shot dead or had to immediately dart back down to avoid the gunfire.

"I think about the thing I've done I know it wasn't right..."

The hangwoman turned the corner around one of the raised planters, her gun at the ready before a pain, unlike anything she'd felt in her life tore through the bone and muscle of her arm, the woman making the grievous mistake of instinctively yanking her arm back, severing the lower-arm off entirely. The woman cursed and howled as she toppled over backward, seething as the burning white pain continued to pulse through her arm. The severed section of her arm dropped to the floor as the blades of the Nomad's wolvers sheathed themselves back inside of his hand, the man then unsheathed a large, serrated combat knife from his boot. "You think you'd get away with murdering our irm-" the Nomad's words were cut short as the bang of a pistol sung out. "They'll bury Flo tomorrow, but they're hanging me tonight, they're hanging me tonight." the musician finished his song and whistled for the rest of the gun-toting mob. "Miss. Borjias here's suffered quite the wound, someone get her to the doctor."

Thunder continued to roar out over the horizon as lightning struck the sands of the badlands. The spires of the Mormon temple battered by the acid rain, the same rain which ate away at the organic parts of the hangman's handiwork.


Night City,
Undisclosed Location.

Two people were sat tied to a chair, one struggling and fighting to break free of their restraints while the other sat unconscious, limp, and presumably yet to wake. The sound of a revolver's cylinder spinning was the only sound in the room when Gram stepped up from the table, he had been sat across the table from the solo Reese Wilcott, two mugs of Continental Brand's luxury coffee had been brewed, the real (and very expensive) stuff. Gram was wearing his usual patchwork jacket with a grey linen shirt and cream harem pants and his hair was An indicator that someone was going to be flatlined for anyone who knew the Fixer first-hand.tied back today, there was a wooden token on a string around his neck. The African American man was holding a revolver that was likely older than everybody in the room, some black and white beads hanging from the gun, they had been carefully attached to the weapon.
"Isabelle gave you quite the colourful recommendation Mister Willcott, says you'd be the perfect gun for the job. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't my first time dealing with the Badawi's, they're a good pack. Reliable, but they depend too much on their honor and what I need right now is knowledge." Gram said, shutting the revolver's cylinder properly and pulling back the hammer, aiming the gun at the now thrashing restrained man across the room from Gram and Reese.
"Normally I see to it that things that shouldn't be in Night City are in Night City... However, there's another fixer in my side of town, he deals with gangs, the small-time stuff, I'm sure you know the sorts; They hold their pistols sideways and can't tell the difference between genuine steel and a Polymer One Shot." Gram continued, carefully placing his finger on the trigger of the gun, his aim carefully trained on the thrashing hostage.
"It seems as though he's looking for someone and as it turns out, they sent someone to try and zero me. These two idiots tried to flatline me in my own warehouse during an arms deal, they're lucky to be alive given how everybody saw to slammit on. They kicked in the front door screaming 'Arachnid sends their regards!'." explained the man, who even spared a laugh when explaining how the would-be assassins blundered their way into his warehouse, the bag-covered man joining in with nervous laughter of his own, trying to respond with his muffled voice.

A Bang! roared out from the revolver, the bullet passing by the thrashing man's head, to his panicked and muffled cries and whimpers. "Anyway, this other fixer's handle is Thermopauze, Theo for short. I want you to make sure that he and whoever it is he's working with don't get zeroed themselves, I'll see to it that you get paid for any additional circumstances you get involved with; Again though, this isn't a bodyguard gig, this is just... Insurance." Gram finished, holstering the Colt Dragoon Deluxe inside the under-arm holster on his left-hand side.
"Speaking of, Theo should be turning up at any moment; Oh and don't worry about these two hearing any names, the one to the left was injected with... Some corporate war stuff and let's leave it at that. The one on the right isn't going to be leaving anytime soon, there's a suit that needs a new kidney and we've got two perfectly good ones in that meat bag right there."


Night City,
Heywood

Pink smoke gently wafted through the open window of the Heywood Little Konbini, a girl dressed up in a black and white maid outfit, the half-apron tied around her waist bearing the Japanese flag. The maid-dressed girl was a Latina, her hair tied back into twintails which ended with pink dye, her legs were crossed as she sat on the sofa and listened to the translation from her English - Spanish translator.

The translator was one Aiko Ishida, who had recently joined the gang and offered her services as one of the few Trilingual citizens of Night City to the 超かわいい殺人クラブ, Aiko being a Japanese-American had been given a baby-blue kimono to wear when providing her services.
"The Ravens have told you multiple times, to leave the church alone."
"Los Ravens te han dicho varias veces que dejes la iglesia en paz."
"Naze watachhi wa kiku hitsooyu ga arimasu gudjinn?" the maid-dressed gangleader asked, looking from the kimono wearing translator to the man kneeling in front of her who was dressed in all black and wore excessively depressing makeup. The kimono-draped translator took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to hide her straining sigh.
"Kashikoi Sora would like to know why she should listen to a foreigner."
"Because if things continue as they are, we will inevitably end up at war. Again."
"Porque si las cosas continúan como están, inevitablemente terminaremos en guerra. De nuevo."
Kashiki Sora laughed at this translation, shaking her head and shooing the man away with a flick of her hand.
"Aiko wa kona baka o korooshimasoo."
Aiko looked from Kashiki Sora to the man... Her arms crossed within the sleeves of the kimono.
"What did she say? Come on, speak up, it's your job, isn't it?"
Aiko closed her eyes and bowed gently towards Kashiki Sora and physically turned to face the man who she approached and unfolded her arms, quickly withdrawing the blade hidden in her sleeves and driving it into the mans neck, twisting it by the hilt and slicing through his neck to pull the blade back out before sheathing it back into place.
"これは重大な結果をもたらします"
"Dareh mo kinisheenae? Watashitachihar saiygo no gyangoo sensu ni kachimashiitae."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 09:45 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2021
RPXP: 12523
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 5,989
Reese Wilcott [ HP: 45/45 | Body SP: 11 | Head SP: 11 | Combat Awareness: 4 pts Threat Detection]
right-aligned image
Reese sat at the table, his armorjack helmet rested on its surface, while his sword was propped up against the nearby wall. This was about as much of an offer of good faith that he would give. He had not made up his mind about the fixer, but intended to try and remain on his best behavior, as it was Isabelle that had put in a good word for him.

"Mmm, god damn Gram, this is some serious gourmet ****," Reese commented after taking a sip of the coffee the fixer had placed in front of him. The fact that two other men were also sitting at the table, one comatose and the other struggling against his binds and a bag covering his head, seemed to not affect either of the two men talking.

Reese nodded as the fixer commented on the honor of the Badawi. "To a fault; even when it's used against them. That, and they're the closest things I've come to meeting honest people. Isabelle and I go way back. She knows what I'm about."

Reese turned his gaze at the two sitting at the table when the fixer relayed the fact that they had tried to kill the fixer. He shook his head. Amateur hour, Reese thought. If someone had really wanted Gram zeroed, they would have sent someone else.

A bang exploded over the table as the fixer's handgun fired. For better or worse, Reese had been around too much violence to not even flinch at the sound, but he didn't appreciate the ringing he had in his ears now. He gave Gram an annoyed look.

"Sounds more like a babysitting job," Reese replied to Gram as he relayed the assignment. "But hey, so long as you're good for the eddies, a job's a job." He took another sip from his mug, but grimaced as he found it empty.

"Got any more?"



 

Last edited by Silent Rain; Aug 29th, 2021 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Aug 26th, 2021, 10:34 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 39842
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 35,226
Cauldron was at The Arcade once again, beating his own personal best high score on the Centipede machine. He entered three victorious initials with the trackball and fire button, smiled, and walked away. It was the tenth day in a row without having to repair any of the quarter grabbers, a testament to how well he fixed the lot of them.

"Thanks, Cawlll."

One of the regular players, a Zaxxon specialist, was addressing him. Farrah Fawcett hair with Mary Tyler Moore beret.

""Showed Cherry Chairs that Angels footage you pulled from obscurity. Tom Selleck with no mustache, pre-Magnum. Wager won, Cherry paid up immediately."

Smiles exchanged. Both buttoneers went their separate ways faster than a chorus of a Journey song. Cauldron walked by the token machine, still proud of himself for converting that Chucky Cheesy cash collector to credstick acceptance. His creds were in better shape now, thanks to three recent hustles. He considered them in order as he listened to tokens hitting hands with one ear, and a crowd gathering for a Donkey Kong kill screen potential.

One, the one with the Biotechnically sponsored joy ride. Corporate magazines still stink, to paraphrase Cobain on Stone, but at least he had the fun of being able to stop and enjoy the bomb diffusion.

Two, the one with the other exploding inevitable that he was tasked to shut down. Cauldron reminded himself, seventeenth time now, to ask Comrade Camera just how many people saw her raw footage from that day. Very small list of suspects in regards to who recommended him to get hired for that specific other kaboomer. Had to be one of Collie's bestest fans.

Three, the one with Son of Vera, a certain someone's very favorite gun. Cauldron increased the range by eight percent. And he didn't get shot by the owner or her friends. Bonus points all around. He reminded himself, for the seventh time, to mention that to Theo someday, even if Theo seemed to have a mild allergy to oversharing.

The switch happened. Cheers for Player Number One, Lamentations for The First Mario. Cauldron knew he was tertiary in responsibility for the hoopla, what with having restored Kong to actual playability during his first night ever in Night City.

Dropper sounded half a second slow.

The Tech couldn't just enjoy the celebration, he had to go to work. Went to the back room, aka his workspace, and started looking through his tool kit. The auto rooter ftang belt might now come in handy.

Last edited by zevonian; Aug 26th, 2021 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Cyber eye talix
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Aug 28th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 30124
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,287
CollieThe job wasn't fun, but at least it was over, and no one on her side was dead. She gives herself a few days to edit down her footage and share it to her feed. It's not her usual angle. She usually rails at the leeches at the top, while this narrative is about gangers corroding the will of the people from their base. But gunfights sell, and that bomb was big! The stream earns her a few subscriptions, and a few eddies. Enough to think that there could be a path forward in this line of work.

That said, she's got her usual shows to put on. That weekend, she puts on one of her semi-regular live shows, down at a dingy dive called Shattered Glass. They let her MC their late-night stage, and curate the line-up of performers. It's mostly musical acts - that's what the people want. But she can shout and bounce and inveigle in between sets, and she can usually line up sympathetic acts that appeal to a good number of her fans.

In between the last two sets, a man with greased-back black hair and matching greasy black leather coats approaches her. "It's good to see you in the crowd, but this isn't your forte, do you think? A few of my friends and I have a gathering for... conversation. We'd love to have you join us, as the guest of honor. For your usual speaking fee, of course."

After trading contact information and taking the usual precautions - Is the location reasonably safe? Is there an easy out? Has this dude been convicted of kidnap and torture in the last ten years? Have honey pot sting operations to snatch up revolutionaries been on the upswing recently? - she agrees. It's one of her 'Thoughtful Theory with Collie' events. It goes... fine. It's in a cigar-smoke-filled synth-leather-couched lounge. Her main interlocutor seems smart enough. The Q&A afterwards is actually mostly questions instead of the usual "I've got a comment, well three comments really, in the form of a question" rants.

But she can't help feel a little awkward about the whole setting. No one will be completely clear what the group actually DOES. She catches a few snippets of conversation that seem to be focused on munitions, ordnance, and the like. Nothing necessarily outside her lines of interest. But nothing clearly within those lines, either. Eventually, they pay. She leaves. But she's not sure what to make of the exchange. Is this a sign of the clientele she's going to build, if she keeps up the edgerunning?
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Found Family, a 5e one-shot, and Masks: a City to Save, a City to Make, teen drama Powered by the Apocalypse
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 10:48 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2021
RPXP: 17659
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 6,641
Theo
right-aligned image
Thermopauze aka Theo ~ replace the wounds with scars


As Theo made his way to the place where he was to meet Gram, his thoughts turned back a couple of weeks when he had last seen Collie and Cauldron. While he's not too concerned about the two, he did worry that it was a mistake to tell them about the possible lead he had on Arachnid. But in the end, it appeared he had worried about nothing; no incriminating evidence was released, and after subscribing to Collie's feed, Theo was relieved that their images weren't released either.

It took a very nerve-racking but profitable trade with the Maelstrom gang to take his mind off his new companions and Arachnid. Four separate times the exchange nearly erupted in violence, and only his quick speaking and the group of hired merc's that he paid for protection kept the piece. What the Maelstrom gang was going to use military-grade robot optics for was disturbing but obvious. Why was a question he'd never ask of the Maelstrom as is how his Biotechnica aunt Ericacontact came to possess the large crate of optics.

After that deal, and everyone was paid with the lion's share going back to his contact, Theo took the rest of the day off drowning his nerves in a bottle of tequila and looking at physical pictures of his two deal loves. Shalla, the bone-thin gutter punk that was his first love, sat next to Jade, his passionate Solo, who somehow wormed her way into his heart. Both were dead, the first to an out-of-control truck and the other to a scuffle with the very gang he had just finished doing biz with. The irony was not lost on him, and after pulling out an old tattered picture of his equally dead parents, Theo finished off that bottle of tequila.

The following week, Theo had a rare deal where everyone got what they wanted, and they parted with smiles. Sixth street got their armor, Theo got their eddies, and there was even talk of repeat business. Theo's roaming thoughts were stopped cold as he froze in place, watchful. With no more gunshots following, Theo continued to his destination and knocked on the door before entering. The sight of Gram's hair tied back had Theo glancing at the occupants of the room before noticing a pool of blood at the base of the chair of one of the two people with bags over their heads. Shrugging, Theo continued to move into the room and took a seat away from the two hooded bodies before addressing his old mentor,

"Nice to see you again, Gram. You have something?"









OOC/Actions:
  • I have no idea why Theo was seeing Gram so I left it kind of vaugue.

Rolls are here

Move Action:
Action:

Body SP: 11 /11
Head SP: 11 /11
Hit Points: 35 /35
Luck: 8 /8

Character Sheet
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 09:41 PM
Marshmallow's Avatar
Marshmallow Marshmallow is offline
Supposed Gaming Goddess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 8343
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Posts: 2,239
Bloodlines"I'm not asking you to watch him 24/7, just keep an eye on him out on gigs. Theo's streetwise enough not to go shooting up a Yakuza parlor or anything like that." Gram said with a laugh, waving his hand at Reese's inquiry about the coffee "Only one other bag and that's for Theo whenever he gets his ass over here..." Gram muttered, noting the door to the warehouse when it was knocked on, then rolled his eyes when they opened up.

"Speak of the devil, Theo good for you to join us; There's a bag of Continental Brand's 'The real thing' over there by the counter, slammit in the coffee maker and get yourself a cup, there are two people I want you to meet." the fixer said, motioning to the mock-kitchen area to the far corner, a little ways behind the table Reese had found himself seated at. "I looked into your little spider problem, had a few friends bag'em all nice and tidy... There's just one tiny problem." Gram said, about to get to the 'tiny problem' when Theo, Collie & Cauldron's Agents all pinged up with a message.

Elsewhere...Monitors flickered and the mechanical whirring of parts worked noisily beneath the sound of a half-hearted Samurai cover blasting over the sound system of the tiny apartment, fingers tapping away at an age-old keyboard.
"You hear me? I want that bastard dead! DEAD! Those were four highly skilled people we lost because of his stunt!"
"Yes ma'am."
"If I catch so much as a whiff of him being alive in two weeks time, I'm going to have not only your head, but the head of every edgerunner that's ever worked for you."
"I... Highly doubt that, ma'am. I'll see to it that your rodent infestation is thoroughly exterminated. Thank you."

The call ended and fingers continued to type, the message was already being prepared for its delivery day...


Night City,
Beeverville
Just_Princess was sat in her hot tub, sipping on a glass of wine with a scowl on her face as the bespectacled young man in what was probably his most expensive (though insultingly low quality, to Just_Princess) suit gave her the run-down on stats, viewer donations, subscriptions and the recent impact of her 'Books for Scavs' scandal.
"Well how was I supposed to know Scav's can't read?! What idiot doesn't know how to read?"
"Statistically? Ninety Perce-"
"Crammit, Nigel."
"It's Hunte-"
"Ohmigod, what did I just say?"
An awkward silence passed between the young executive as he casually flicked through the rest of the stats and explained anything that caused a look of confusion to crop up on the Datapool starlet's face.
"And this is the graph between you and Collie Acti-"
"More like Commie Active."
"Yes, well, she had quite a successful release over the course of last week due to her little expedition into the Old Japantown Combat Zone."
"Ugh, that floozy, showing me up like that."
"There's also the appeal of her Chairman Meow photo-feed content."
"Chairman what?"
"Meow. They're a cat."
"Fake I bet! It'd be just like her, hell, her physique itself is probably holograms and padded bras."


The Job[New job for you all.
A contact of mine from the NCPD was preparing her team for a raid, some pretty hardcore stuff. The raid was due to happen today but someone in their group turned out to be a rat, killed four of their guys in the span of five minutes. They want you to exterminate the problem; There's a hitch, though, nobody knows where this rat is or what they look like.

There are only two things known about this rat:
  • Their street handle is Adlass
  • They've been in hiding for the past year and a half.

Seeing as you all did such a wonderful job last time, I decided to help you slackers out a little bit. There's a gang in Haywood, I'll attach a dossier. Their leader goes by the name of Kashikoi Sora, has potential ties to the A prominent Yakuza clan in Night City.Ishiwa-Kai clan. Kashikoi Sora was the last person known to have had contact with your target, Adlass.

You have a week starting tomorrow to get this done, find Adlass, flatline him, and get paid. The attached dossier contains the location of a dead-drop, you'll need it to signal the job is done.

Pay is 4,500 Eddies each. Yes, after my cut.
]


 


"...And then we found out he'd had so much to drink that he'd died of alcohol poisoning overnight after we bagged him, so, if that's your guy, whatever connections you needed from him are gone. It happens, not much we can do about it, we certainly couldn't call TraumaTeam in for a kidnapping victim.

Now to the second person I want you to meet: this here is Reese.
Reese, this is Theo.

I've asked Reese to join you on your next couple of runs, figured it would be a good call after those idiots on the chairs back there tried to zero me for asking about Arachnid; which is also the second big hint that maybe the Netrunner wasn't your guy.
" Gram finished explaining, picking up his mug of coffee and taking a drink, the Any firearm aficionado would recognize this particular pistol to be a highly sought after item, as there were only a known 12 ever made.revolver still gripped in his hand, the beads gently clacking against each other as they gently swayed.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 1st, 2021, 10:30 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2021
RPXP: 17659
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 6,641
Theo
right-aligned image
Thermopauze aka Theo ~ replace the wounds with scars


When Gram said there was a bag of Continental Brand over by the counter, Theo smiled as he rose up from his chair and said teasingly,

"I knew there was a reason why I visit you often."

It was a tiny bit of bliss whenever Theo tasted something Gram just got in. Even though coffee was not Theo's favored stim, the Continental Brand was one of his favorites. Sitting back down, Theo savored every sip as Gram informed him of the bad news. Halfway through the briefing, Theo's facial features showing interest in what was being said smoothed out into a neutral expression when he received the message from Arachnid. Theo let gram finish and nodded at Reese when the man was introduced before speaking,

"And the third big hint is that Arachnid just gave me another message."

Deciding that Reese should probably know what he was getting into and that Gram should know everything after the heat, he pulled down upon himself thanks to the trouble Theo got himself in, so he explained everything. From the night out, to the murder happening, to the well-done forgery showing Theo and several others being implicated in the murder. He even threw in their last run and how one of them ran off mid-mission. Finishing off his cooling coffee, Theo stood and said,

"So, if you're still game, Reese, I'll shot you the deets of the mission, and we can go meet the rest of this chain gang."

To say Theo was annoyed and perhaps a bit angry would be about right. Still, it was hard to tell with his penchant to hide everything behind a mask of indifference. Turning to Gram, he said,

"Thanks for the try, Gram, and I'm sorry I wasn't upfront about everything right away. This Arachnid is probably one of those no-name Arachnids you mentioned before."

Once Theo finished up his business with Gram, Theo called Collie and Cauldron,

"I guess you probably got a message from the same spider we'd all like to stomp on. Unfortunately, my lead turned up dead, and the prick is still kicking, so we're back to square one. Meet me someplace in the general area that serves halfway decent foodhere; I'm hungry. Once there, I'll introduce you to some backup a friend of a friend agreed to loan us."




OOC:

Rolls are here
Move Action:
Action:

Body SP: 11 /11, Head SP: 11 /11 | Hit Points: 35 /35 | Luck: 8 /8

Character Sheet
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 1st, 2021, 11:05 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2021
RPXP: 12523
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 5,989
Reese Wilcott [ HP: 45/45 | Body SP: 11 | Head SP: 11 | Combat Awareness: 4 pts Threat Detection]
right-aligned image
Reese watched Theo indulge in the coffee with a modicum of satisfaction. He disliked the man right out the gate due solely to his need to have someone watching his back (Did Reese mention he hated babysitting gigs?), but at least he knew a good cup of coffee when he saw one. Perhaps he wasn't entirely a gonk.

Reese nodded back to Theo as he listened to what he had to say. He had to admit, it was one helluva tale. At least he wouldn't be bored.

"Yeah, I'm in," he shot back at Theo. "I probably should have heard everything first before agreeing to this job," he added, giving Gram a look, "but I'm in."

Reese rose from the table as Theo began talking to the rest of his team. He grabbed his sword and slid it home through the hole in his jacket on his back. Once done, he put his helmet back on and pulled up his hood.

"Ready when you are."

 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 02:51 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 30124
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,287
CassieCassie is taking a break in her Container. Being a streamer means you feel always on the hook for Content. Hours and hours every day; it's surprisingly draining. So she makes sure to carve out a "weekend" for herself, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The People fought for those weekends, and by golly, People should get them! But performers need to be on on Fridays and Saturdays. So here she is, eating corrugated ramen noodles and a soy replica of a hardboiled egg on a Wednesday night.

A job opportunity pops up on her Agent. Another edgerunner job. She starts to scan the message, thinking OK, that can work. If I can get some more... and then she lets out an audible "Uuuuuuggggghhhhhhhh!" and flops over on her raggedy futon, her chopsticks clacking to the floor.

Do some vengeance for the pigs? They can't be serious! Remaining flopped, she reads the message upside down. They're serious! They seriously want her to mess with the Yakuza as part of her support of the fascists. "No way. No way!" she shouts to her cat as she continues to read. By the time she gets to the end, Theo messages her. Cassandra types out No way!, but hasn't yet hit send when she absentmindedly notices the link to the attached dossier. She looks at the first image.

"What." she says, sitting up quickly. She flips to the next image. "What! This is some princess ****." She flips to the fourth image. "WHAT!!!" She's bouncing up and down on her tatty cushion. I'd barely need to alter this at all! Paste Just_Princess' head on a few of these folks, and the rest of the clip will make itself. Punch her, shoot her. Add some cleavage to someone kissing Yak ass. It's beautiful! This is WEEKS of content. Drama galore!

Cassie deletes the No Way, and types im in!!!, sending it to the group.

A few moments later, she adds a follow-up, but dont expect me to play nice with NCPD bootlickers.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Found Family, a 5e one-shot, and Masks: a City to Save, a City to Make, teen drama Powered by the Apocalypse
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 07:08 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 39842
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 35,226
Alone in the backroom annex, Cauldron noticed his Agent had a message. Room sweep later, unbugged as expected, the technothusiast tended to the message. Words. Pictures. Words. As a whole, bothersome. The mission, as presented, just didn't sit well in his mind. But there was something at the end that got his mind in hyperdrive.

4500 after his cut. His. Cut. He asked me, and two out of three people I worked with for about 100 minutes. He's desperate. What if he fails the one who is paying him? What if we find the target and just...have a talk? What if turns get tabled?

Myriad what ifs were interrupted by another message. Theo? Yeah, that guy. The one with the chauffeur crack. The one that thought he was Hannibal when he was barely Face Man. Maybe he mention of hunger meant he was going to buy everyone a meal. That would make things square with that crack.

Another message. It was group chat circa 2010 something up in here. Up in here was now an excited Collie. Now there was a proper Face. And first season Amy all in one. And Theo had mentioned backup. So a new B.A. perhaps. Cauldron started a reply before he talked himself out of it.

"I've heard of that place. Fair meetup space. They have good faux beef chow mein."

Cauldron got his gear sorted out. The token machine would wait. He left the arcade minutes later, Murdock'd his way over to the restaurant.

Last edited by zevonian; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Sep 3rd, 2021, 09:39 PM
Marshmallow's Avatar
Marshmallow Marshmallow is offline
Supposed Gaming Goddess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 8343
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Posts: 2,239
BloodlinesGram listened to what Theo had to say and nodded, scratching at the skin beneath his facial hair as the more experienced Fixer looked to Reese at his comment. "Don't look at me, I didn't know any of this." he said with a shrug, resting a hand on the back of his chair and using the other to have another sip of the Continental Brand's coffee. "If you ask me the guy's an idiot, if I was blackmailing someone I sure as hell wouldn't be paying them." he added with a half-laugh half snicker, which was echoed by the bagged man on the chair. "I swear to whatever god or gods you pray to if you laugh like that at one more thing, I'm going to extract your kidneys myself and as you've experienced, I've had caffeine and it's given me a shakey hand, so shut up!" Gram yelled at the captive, who noticeably quietened down. "You can't get good hostages these days, can you?"

The restaurant experience in Night City was a peculiar thing, the vast majority of them were serving artificial charades of food, dressed up and pumped full of chemicals, flavours, and maybe kibble strained or shaped into a specific design. Canton's Canteen was well renowned for its pasta of all things, the cook here had managed to achieve an excellent kibble-based pasta; This expertise of smoke and mirrors with the senses of the tongue was extended to other such dishes like Noodles, Beef and for those willing to not only pay but risk the contents of their stomach: Lobster. Of course, if you were rich, deep in corporate life, or an in-demand edgerunner, odds are you could afford to eat somewhere with actual food and not attempted recreations with whatever was considered 'edible' in the modern days of Night City. The restaurant was full of people going about their daily business, a few mercs here, some low-tier corpos there, even a handful of dealers making transactions if you knew what to look for. The perfect environment to talk about flatlining someone.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Sep 3rd, 2021 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 4th, 2021, 07:07 PM
Silk's Avatar
Silk Silk is offline
Han Solo shot first!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2021
RPXP: 17659
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Posts: 6,641
Theo
right-aligned image
Thermopauze aka Theo ~ replace the wounds with scars

"I suspect this Arachnid is establishing a data trail for a long-haul setup. Possibly even as patsy's for some con. But then again, you could be right, Gram, and it's just some young idiot in his mothers' basement playing power games with some real-life edgerunners."

Theo rolled his eyes at Grams "You can't get good hostages these days" comment and bid his friend and mentor goodby. While Theo didn't particularly care what happened to those two, he still felt uncomfortable that Gram would part them out. Growing up on the streets as he had, Theo couldn't bring himself to do such things. Kill someone? Yes, he could do that and has. Part someone out...he had seen too many friends die that way. Still, Theo wouldn't shed a tear over those, and he did not think any less of Gram for earning an eddie off the two that came after him.



Theo was already eating when the rest of his team arrived. Pausing, Theo had to edit that thought,

'No, not my team. Our team. While he hated to admit it, Arachnid had made a group of strangers into a team.'

Swallowing a bite of his beef noodle bowl, Theo motioned for them to take a seat and made introductions between them and the man sitting next to him as they did so,

"Reese, Cassie & Cauldron. Cassie & Cauldron, Reese. Order whatever you want; it's on me today. The cook here does good imitation pasta but be wary of the lobster."

I was intending on having Theo pay for the food Unintentionally squaring everything with Cauldron, Theo dug back into his noodle bowl and finished it off by the time everyone had ordered. Adding another beef noodle bowl to the order for himself, Theo washed his food down with one of the more colorful nonalcoholic drinks on the menu before getting down to business,

"I really shouldn't have skipped breakfast. Now, I've put out a few This was done subvocally through Theo's Internal Agent on the way over.feelers of my own for information, but that might take some time. While my mood about this entire situation makes me want to walk in the front door of the Super Cute Murder Club and ask this Kashikoi Sora a few questions, that's not the best way to do it. Using my contacts as a fixer between ganges, I could get us a meet within a day or two. In the meantime, I'm open to other options if you have them?"




OOC: Operator(Rank 4) +1 Luck to each roll:
NCPD officer that goes by the handle Adlass: 8
The Super Cute Murder Club: 13
Kashikoi Sora: 10
NCPD operation that lost four cops before a big raid today(who's involved in the case?): 10

Rolls are here
Move Action:
Action:

Body SP: 11 /11, Head SP: 11 /11 | Sternmeyer(Very Heavy PistolVHP) 8 /8, Mustang Arms(Heavy PistolHP) 8 /8 | Hit Points: 35 /35 | Luck: 4 /8

Character Sheet
__________________

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable

Last edited by Silk; Sep 4th, 2021 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 30124
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 8,287
CassieSoon enough, Cassie gets her gear and heads off to meet the group. She enters the restaurant, encased head-to-toe in her black gear, ready for flash. She puts a hand up in greeting and sits down.

She waves again as Theo introduces the group. She looks around to be sure that no one is paying the group too much mind, and then reaches up to her helmet, unplugs it from the connection to the coat, and takes it off. She squints at the light, brighter now that it's not shaded by her black visor. She has olive skin hair that has been dyed blue, but two inches of black roots show. She runs a hand through her not-recently-washed hair and says, "Hey."

"So this is me, Cassie." She looks around again, as if she's worried that mobs of fans might appear from around a corner and flash a photo. She leans forward, and in a whispered hiss, she says "If you tell ANYONE what I look like, I will CUT you." With a finger she draws a slash across her throat, and then for good measure, she scowls and acts like she's jabbing that finger into her eye.

"But..." Cassie continues in a much smaller voice. She sets her helmet aside and leans back. "...if we're going to keep working together, there should be some trust. I've got my recording gear. I know you don't like it. If you saw the finished product, you'd see that I kept your faces out of it. I always will. But I won't stop recording. All the same, I thought... maybe it feels a little unfair, me hiding my identity while you're out there. So here I am. Trying to keep things even." She grins with a nervous sheepishness and draws a meeker line across her throat, as if one of the fellows is finishing her off.

She does not argue with Theo's offer to pay for food. Cauldron mentioned the 'beef' chow mein, so she orders that. Theo lays out his thoughts about gathering info. Cassie shrugs, and talks with food in her mouth, "I don't know if I'll be help here. All the gangers I know are psychos. Mean, different than murder-girl psycho. Psycho psychos. If it's all the same to anyone else, I'd rather put the heat on these Moe chicks and leave the Yakuza out of it until we got no other options. One is good content. The other is a bullet in the back of the head when you're not expecting it."
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Found Family, a 5e one-shot, and Masks: a City to Save, a City to Make, teen drama Powered by the Apocalypse
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 07:06 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2021
RPXP: 39842
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 35,226
Cauldron adjusted some items in his Tech Bag of Holding before entering the restaurant. Something turned on, something turned off. He was fairly sure he hadn't been followed. Had on all that he had on when he went on during the first errand for Spiderdork, except for now a different grey shirt. He'd be recgonizable to Theo and Collie, even with a gas mask on. Another look behind him to reassure no one was tailing him, and then he entered the food factory.

When he was a kid, beef chow mein was explained to him as concept and meal along with a story about how once upon a time, for sake of publicizing a story song, his uncle's cousin's uncle pretended to be a werewolf. Of course the concept of a werewolf had to be explained as well. Cauldron was reminded of that minute portion of his childhood when he saw Collie. The act of publicizing a story, he knew, was still a big deal to some folks. He knew what he was going to order

Theo's offer to pay for dinner was accepted with a nod, just as the introduction to Reese was handled. Reese just had that look of a person that was too busy for small talk because that time could be spent scanning the room for enemies and exits. Nod for now was good enough.

When Collie revealed her face, Cauldron stayed quiet, paid full attention to her. There was a certain excitement to this, what with this being a real life Supergirl Saying I'm Kara Danvers situation. Or was it Batwoman with neither mask nor cowl. Wait, did she have both? Cauldron snapped back to the words spoken as the word psycho got mentioned more than once.

At some point he removed his own mask, not as a declaration of identity, but rather for making it easier to eat noodles. He was clean shaven, not looking werewolfish at all. When everyone was quiet, he decided it was time to talk.

"What do you all think would happen if Adlass is still active two weeks from now? You think maybe a certain spider gets stomped by the person paying him to pay us?"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 06:48 PM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2021
RPXP: 12523
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 5,989
Reese Wilcott [ HP: 45/45 | Body SP: 11 | Head SP: 11 | Combat Awareness: 4 pts Threat Detection]
right-aligned image
Reese followed Theo from their meeting with Gram to Canton's Canteen, the predetermined meeting place. In truth, Reese was not exactly a team player, but he had accepted a job and it seemed that was going to entail playing nice with others.

As Reese entered the restaurant, he slowly gave everyone inside a good glare. He was not trying to start a fight with anyone, but he found that the threat of violence was sometimes enough. Sometimes not.

He took a seat at the table and removed his helmet, though he kept his blade sheathed on his back. Admittingly, the food did smell good, regardless of what it was made from. He ordered something with wide rice noodles.

"Hey", Reese offered in greeting as Theo introduced him to Cassie and Cauldron.

He smiled in between bites of his noodles as Cassie threatened to slice anyone's throat that told anyone what she looked like.

Cauldron offered a nod in return, to which Reese accepted. This was about as sociable as anyone could be expected to be when meeting strangers for the first time. You never knew when things were about to go sideways, even among supposed 'teammates'.

For now, Reese was content with letting the others talk as he kept his eyes circling the room. From what he could tell, they were putting together a job. He already had one.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB