Game Thread Chapter 2: A Single Step - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Wandering And The Lost
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Strangemund's Avatar
Strangemund Strangemund is offline
Your Local Cryptid
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 6257
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Posts: 1,237
Harp Strum
right-aligned image
Harp Strum
Character Sheet

 

 

 

 



Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!

Harp Strum wanted to help! She loved putting on shows! Didn’t matter that she didn’t know what Baruuk or An’mal was up to! She was already allllllll in!

Harp Strum stuck her tongue through the crack in her beak as she concentrated as hard as she could to stay still while Gristle wiggled his way to the top of her shoulders. A giggle or two escaped her when he accidentally found her ticklish spots near her ribs but she stayed true to the Almighty One and didn’t move an inch until he stood tall and proud on her shoulders. Gristle now at the terrifying and looming height of five feet. Nothing stood in his way now. Not even the slightly taller than average shelves. The world was now his to command.

And command he did.

Harp Strum didn’t know how An’mal knew enough magic to alter Gristle’s voice but ooh, he did it in such a big way! The sweet little Kobold’s voice carried through the forest like a storm! Drumming in her ears as Gristle pawed her feathered head, his excitement two-fold as his honest heart made him the perfect actor for the play they were crafting. He just needed a little extra something to make it juuuust right.

"Oh wow, that's a ghost dragon!" Gristle awed and ooh’d in his mighty voice, twisting and turning atop Harp Strum’s shoulders. But below, Harp Strum echoed in that same voice, “ghost dragon!” splaying her taloned fingers out in a dramatic flair as she became his echo.

"OH! Drum noises! I made drum noises just by talking?! Harp Strum, Harp Strum, did you hear?!" Harp Strum didn’t answer, trying her best to add to the mystery and allure of their mighty new Gristle, but she did grin ear-to-ear as he petted her head so sweetly, even if one of his claws came close to poking her in the eye. "The great ghost dragon--”

”ghost dragon” Harp Strum wiggled her talons.

“--has blessed me with drum-noise-voice!! You guys! YOU GUYS! We don't have to worry about anything anymore! We have a Ghost Dragon--”

“--Ghost Dragon--” Harp Strum flexed like she’d seen An’mal do in front of a mirror.

"--to protect us and guide us!"

"Hooray for the Awakening of the Ghostly Dragon!" Gristle cried, his little feet digging into her shoulders as he raised his hands to the sky.

Harp Strum nearly stumbled backwards, but caught herself just in time to flex and whisper, “Ghostly Dragon!”

"It is a great day for music-noises and happiness! Everyone be happy! We're gonna save Yddraixl and make sure everyone is safe and happy, even the funny forest folk that I guess are playing trick on us! I haven't really noticed but I trust Smart Friend Baruuk!" Wait, what? They were doing what? "Forest folk! Come join us and be friends! Celebrate our new Ghost Dragon friend and dance!"

And for one last time, Harp Strum cupped her beak as she shouted out-loud, “Ghost Draaaagoooon!” and threw her arms to the right, tucking her head into her shoulder just as Gristle blew into his booming bagpipes.

__________________
Status: Catching Up On Posts
DMing: And the Devil Dances Beneath a Mosaic Sky
Characters: Thunder in the Morning - Harp Strum - Captain Tavosh - Sigrun Storm-Eater - Kazimir
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 12794
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,654
Day 4

A dragon walked among the group. Albeit, a rather crude dragon. You could see pieces of Gristle and Harp peaking out of it at times, Though it was a very impressive sight. Slight murmurs of "oo's" and "ah's" could be heard in the surrounding forest. That was until Gristle began to talk, and in talking, the amplification of his voice began to drown out the other noises from the forest. Birds took flight, and small animals could be seen running away, as the group found a way to frighten the lesser beasts around them.

Baruuk had the right of it when he asked for whoever was around them to show themselves and assume that doing so as friends would be best. Perhaps he could get to the bottom of things. But at the same time, An'mal could also have a good approach, trying to effectively scare the denizens with the theatrics of a ghost dragon. But that seemed to start the things moving forward.

left-aligned image
"Ooo... a ghost dragon!" A Tiny creature walked out of the brush. It resembled a small cat, with multiple tales, and wearing leaves for clothing. It came forward, genuinely, all for seeing what the group had constructed. But it was quickly followed by a few others, coming into the clearing, with still more others just staying out of direct sight, flitting from tree to tree as barely noticeable motes of light the everyone could hardly get a glance at. Just out of the corner of an eye they would appear and just as quickly disappear.

right-aligned image
"No, no, no! Dragons can't become ghosts! You know that. They just become dragon eggs." The second little being to emerge seemingly looking at the group and appraised what they were trying to accomplish. It looked more like a small pile of leaves, floating just off the surface of the forest floor. But there was also small arms and a rodent face hidden within the leaves. "I mean look at the feathers sticking out of that thing there and there. They don't even look natural. It's just people hoping that they are hidden or something."

"Of course dragons can become ghosts!" But it did approach, trying to get a better look at the entire display.

"Na uh!"

"What about Xaeldryam?!"

"He's not a ghost, and you know it!"

The original creature thought about that, changing its mind quickly enough, "Oh! I guess you're right."

left-aligned image
The third creature had entered the road that the group had just been walking on. This one looked ready for a fight. And fight it did, with its other Fae. He was a prickly one, trying to continue the argument. "But what about Frugarth?"

"Void Dragon."

This caused the first one to revert back to thinking of a way to prove that there was indeed a ghost dragon possibility. "Vedhath?"

"Shadow."

"Iorvaeth?"

"Ethereal." At this point, you can feel the irritation and frustration on this little Fae.

The third creature walked a bit around the Gristle-Harp Ghost Dragon. "But you can stick your hand through them!" It walked up to the second and tried to help prove its point, sticking its weapon through a predominantly ghost dragon part. "How do you explain that?"

"Yeah! How do you explain that?" The first one added.

The second one quickly retorted. "Incorporeal doesn't mean they're a ghost, and you know that. Besides, how do you explain Xaeldryam's skull?! The other dragons you mentioned look like you can see through them, but you can't pass through them."

"Told ya!" The first creature said as if it had always been on the second's side. It walked to where Harp stood carrying Gristle and gently poked Harp's foot that just poked out of the dragon image. "And this is solid."

right-aligned image
A fourth Fae entered from the brush, "But the little one's sound was very frightening." This one looked like a recently uprooted beet, with sword and leaf clothing.

"Very! Yes! Definitely!" the other three turned to nod their heads in agreement.

left-aligned image
"But, can they be trusted?" A new voice called out from the side, A fifth Fae floated in from the side, looking the group over. This one was shades of grey and white. Shapes of mushroom could be seen in its body's form, but still, it floated on gossamer wings. Wings that the others didn't display, as of yet.

"Oh definitely!" The other four claimed, nodding their heads in agreement. Each voiced their thoughts individually quickly enough, adding to their confirmation... in a way. "They didn't get angry with us." "And they tried to play a trick on us." "What about the fun dancing... And they are asking us to celebrate." "What are we celebrating?" "Is it a holiday?" "A birthday?" "A wedding?" "OH! A graduation!"

Regardless. The mushroom Fae seemed to ignore the other four and focused on the group. Was this the Fae band's leader? "You ask to be friends. We need help. Will friends help us? Will you help us help Hellobolis?"


OOGMThere are 5 "brave" Fae mingling non-threateningly with the group... and other not so brave ones still in the woods.

Do you want to be friends? Are you willing to help them help Hellobolis?

For extra credit, what class would each of the 5 be?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	92677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	92678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy3.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	92679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy4.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	92680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairy5.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	92681  


Last edited by Insacrum; Sep 28th, 2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Grammar updates... Changed Sprite to Fae... Update description.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Sep 29th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 4716
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,613
Daggonae 'Dagg' Bloodbane
right-aligned image
Dagg
Character Sheet

 

 

 

 

Dagg didn't really react as the fae creatures began appearing. One after another, they appeared and Dagg became less and less comfortable. Despite their dopey conversation, and them giving up their position, she didn't like that they had the advantage. They were able to observe her and her friends from a distance, undoubtedly gathering information before approaching. And, given their appearance, they were likely very much at home in these woods. It also struck Dagg that they were, likely, not alone. Best not to provoke the situation any further than necessary. At least, not until she knew more details about their current predicament.

Dagg accepts the javelin from An'Mal and heeds his instruction to it's use. Stowing it in the holster on her back that she normally reserves for her spear, she begins to wander around the clearing,
Dice Perception Check:
1D20+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
looking for additional creatures that may be hiding beyond their current sight. These creatures appeared suddenly and were drawing their attention... Dagg would not be subject to an ambush this day.

"You ask to be friends. We need help. Will friends help us? Will you help us help Hellobolis?"

Still wandering the space, her eyes darted from tree to tree as she spoke; "Our group is on a time-sensitive mission on behalf of someone you may know. One of the elders of our clan spoke of these woods and mentioned that it, and it's inhabitants by extension, have a particular connection with our leader. If that is the case, and if you do harbor such a relationship with our leader, then we may be able to help one another. A mutual showing of good faith, as it were. We help you, and you help us. What say you to these terms?"

OOC: Extra CreditCat Fae = Rogue

Mouse (Know-it-all) Fae = Wizard

Cactus Fae = Barbarian

Beet Fae = Fighter

Leader/Mushroom Fae = Spore Druid


OOCDagg is suggesting the thing that is dreaded by all D&D players... Splitting the party. I know it's not exactly a desirable strategy in the best of times... And it is not my intention to make more work for the DM, but if half the group goes and attempts to help these creatures with their task, while the other half gains an escort to get the information from Janwick Everlore, we can (potentially) knock out 2 birds with one stone (no offense Harp Strum). Dagg's goal would be to do whatever it takes to complete the current mission as quickly as possible. If making allies out of these fae creatures can accomplish that, and if she can later convince them to help provide some advanced warning the next time there is an attack on the main camp, then Dagg will want to do that.

__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 01:34 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 17203
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 3,017
Baruuk Talonface
right-aligned image
Baruuk was watching the forest for a reaction to his greeting when almost predictable chaos erupted behind him. The first thing he heard was the drumming. The only surprise was that it wasn't Gristle's spider thing... that would come later. The bugbear was afraid to look behind him to see exactly what was happening, but he could hear plenty. He had to keep his expression straight as An'mal named himself herald of Gristle, Yddraixl's Chosen. That wasn't quite the tack Baruuk had been taking, but Gristle, bless his scaly-little heart, somehow managed to make it all work. Now all there was not do was wait and see how their unseen tormentors took it all.

Baruuk's dealings with the fey were hardly what one might call extensive, but they were known to haunt his tribe's old hunting grounds. Some delighted in blood-shed, others held themselves above the bugbears they regarded as little more than animals. But none of the fireside tales had prepared him for the strange assorted creatures that emerged from the forest, bickering between themselves regarding the nature of dragon ghosts. 'They just become dragon eggs'? Wait! Did that mean...

He had little enough time to follow his own train of thoughts as more and more tiny fey emerged, culminating in a luminous white fungal figure. She alone seemed to speak to the group instead of about them, or more specifically about the tale An'mal had spun for them. But for all that, he couldn't understand her request. Dagg seemed willing to entertain it, and had lifted up the mantle of speaker. But Baruuk still couldn't help voice the first question that came to his mind.

"What's Hellobolis?"

OOC
 

 
__________________
** Out of Town - 10/22 through 10/31 - NPC as needed. **

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseYrena
ZendaSquire GainsboroBaruuk TalonfaceKonstantin LumynMarisol d'Arabeth
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Pseudonymous's Avatar
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous is offline
Pseudodragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 8695
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Posts: 2,215
Gristle
right-aligned image
 

 
Gristle wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but now there were little magical friends everywhere, and Gristle counted that as a win.

"Yes!" he chirped happily, the spectral dancing kobolds disappearing as he stopped playing the bagpipe. "Friends! Friends help friends! We're all friends, and we're real good at helping! Well, sort of! There was this time where people got hurt and stopped moving. But we don't talk about that cuz it's sad!"

"What's Hellobolis?" Baruuk asked. This was a very good question! Baruuk is very smart!

"Is a Hellobolis anything like a Daethie?" Gristle asked. "Cuz I don't know what that is but I think we still need one." He patted Harp Strum on the head again.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 12794
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,654
Day 4

left-aligned image
While the Fae had been around the group, they had mostly been talking to themselves. Once the mushroom shaped pixie had turned to talk to the group, the rest of the Fae took a more direct approach to the group, looking them more as people, and less as a group to bother, and talk about. The mushroom took the lead for the Fae group, "Hellobolis. A special tree of the forest."

The others now begin to join in, "Hellobolis is sick."

"Yes, Sick!" Heads were nodding from those gathered.

"The lake is dirty."

"The stone is gone."

"Hellobolis is sad as well." The Fae group just keeps adding bits and peices to the conversation.

"We can take you all to Hellobolis. As for I'm assuming that Dagg mentioned her, based on what he wants to suggest.Janwick Everlore, she is beyond the forest, beyond Hellobolis."

At the mention of Daethie, the Fae began to huddle, trying to understand the word. "Death? Daeth? Deathy? Deadly? Daethie, daethie?" Turning to look back at the group they ask, "What is a Daethie? We can't tell if it's like a Hellobolis if we don't know what it is." The Fae at this point weren't sure of what was being talked about.

Giving up on understanding what a Daethie was, the Fae started walking to a point to the side of the current path, the trees themselves seemed to start moving out of the way. By the time that the Fae had gathered there, the start of another path was now open before all. "Shall we go, friends?"


OOGMAnd now, a new path.

Last edited by Insacrum; Oct 20th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 07:28 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 4716
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 1,613
Daggonae 'Dagg' Bloodbane
right-aligned image
Dagg
Character Sheet

 

 

 

 

Dagg nodded. If this Hellobolis was, indeed, on the way to Janwick Everlore, then there was no harm in following these strange creatures.

"Please, lead the way."

She followed at a safe distance. Out of arms reach, but close enough that she could get the drop on them if necessary.

"What should we call you? And what do you mean by Hellobolis being... sick?"

As Dagg follows behind the tiny group of five ahead of her, she still see motes of light flicker through the forest in front and beside her. At Dagg's first question, she can start to hear giggles and snickers; hushed whispers coming from the side.

The Fae slow down. The mushroom looking one looks at you quizzically. The other four join around her, and a huddle begins. All five are in a circle, each with arms around the one next to them. Every few seconds one would raise a head to look at you five, and then would drop again. They were discussing the question, trying to determine the best way to answer.

left-aligned image
Whiskers
Finally, the little cat steps forward to answer the group. "We have been given many names. Sprite, Brownie, Fairy, Pixie. Dryad, Redcap, Nyad, Nixie. These names you give us are varied... and yet, they are wrong. For I am Whiskers" The cat makes it plain as it's hand raises up to stroke the very word that she mutters. "These are
normal image without text wrap
Cereus
Cereus,"
The small cactus looking one waves it's spiky mace at the group. "
normal image without text wrap
”Redball”
Redball,"
The sword wielder stands up a little straighter, rather then slightly hunched over. "
normal image without text wrap
”Chanterelle”
Chanterelle"
the mushroom swings her spear out to the side in a salute, before bringing it back. "And
normal image without text wrap
Bob
Bob."
the small leaf covered mouse begins to bob it's head up and down in agreement.

With a sigh, the cat continues, "Several days, a many band of creatures came out of Yddraixl's camp, into our forest. They came cutting and slashing, killing and pillaging. They hurt a great many of us with there actions. Hellobolis was one such hurt. But it is hard to really hurt Hellobolis. As we speak, they are wounded, and the wound does not stop. Those others took something from Hellobolis. They took Hellobolis' health."

Dagg shifted her attention to each one as they made their introductions, giving each a slight nod. She didn't really speak much, simply choosing to listen and observe. However, when they make mention of the band of creatures coming from Yddraixl's camp, Dagg's demeanor intensifies.

If their people were somehow responsible for the plight that these creatures now face, then it is their responsibility to make amends with these people. The last thing they need is to have these tiny pixie-like creatures waging war on the camp while they are recovering from this last siege. But, before anything else, Dagg needed to be certain of the identity of the guilty party. More information was needed.

Addressing Whiskers, as it would seem they have been deemed the speaking representative for this group, Dagg asks; "Whiskers, you mentioned that a group from Yddraixl's camp is responsible for this grievance upon Hellobolis. Can you describe the members of the offenders? And, can you tell me how long ago they trespassed into your domain to cause this grievance? If the perpetrators are, indeed, members of Yddraixl's alliance, then we will see them punished for this and will seek to make amends for their transgression. Despite our battlements, our aim is peace and unity among those harmed by the pink-skins. Perhaps, after we assist you all with righting this wrong, you will consider an alliance with our camp. We could discuss terms for providing further security for your people and Hellobolis, and you could share your knowledge and wisdom of these lands with our record keepers and scouts so they can better protect us all. Please, don't answer now but please, keep this offer in mind while we work together."
__________________
"Without Commitment, you'll never start;
But, without Consistency, you'll never finish!"

Last edited by Reliq0770; Oct 19th, 2021 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 10:33 AM
jbear's Avatar
jbear jbear is offline
Great Wyrm
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 20th, 2021
RPXP: 15569
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
Posts: 9,138
An'mal
left-aligned image
Name: An'mal
 

 

 

 



An'mal couldn't help but chuckle, quite loudly, as the 'hidden threat' emerged and showed themselves to be the cutest group of tiny folk An'mal had ever seen. They weren't scared of An'mal's illusion, but they certainly seemed to enjoy the whole song and dance, which, as far as An'mal was concerned, made them alright with him. As he continued to play along with the performance and many dancing kobolds joined in with the spectacle, An'mal had the ghostly image of the dragon move and sway and hop from foot to foot in a dance that imitated the movements of Gristles smaller illusions. And soon An'mal was belly laughing. He hadn't enjoyed himself so much in as long as he could remember.

The magic eventually fizzled and talk of a sick tree brought a more sombre tone to settle upon the meeting. An'mal was quiet and listened. Yddraixl's Chosen would know the right path to take, An'mal was certain, though he secretly hoped they would offer to assist the small folk. When Gristle spoke up with a happy chirp of agreement, An'mal stood to his full height and punched the air with elation, echoing Gristle's 'yes', with his own "YES!" A new path opened before them and Bossy Lass asked their tiny new friends to lead the way to Hellobolis, their sick tree. An'mal had no idea how to help a sick tree, but if he could do something to help, he would do so happily. So of he loped behind the entourage, falling in beside Gristle and Harp, grinning from ear to ear. "That was a-mazing!" he beamed at the two-tiered pair.
__________________
"Kill them all!"

Last edited by jbear; Oct 15th, 2021 at 10:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 12:34 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 17203
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 3,017
Baruuk Talonface
right-aligned image
A tree? Baruuk wasn't quite sure what any of them would be able to do to help a tree, no matter how special. Would magic that staunched the flow of blood work as well with sap? Still, it would hurt them nothing and delay them only a little to go take a look. The fey seemed friendly enough for now, but their kind were well known for being mercurial and fickle. Best to keep in their good graces as long as possible. He shook his head at Gristle's question.

"It sounds like Hellobolis is a friend. Daethie is..." He glanced sideways at Harp Strum for a moment. "...definitely not. Nothing alike."

As they were led down the new path, the archer trudged on through the forest, following their newfound allies, keeping an eye on the surrounding trees. Would they be able to find their way back to their original path without guides? The trees themselves seemed to shift and move out of the way, but never when he was directly looking at him. Still, he tried to pick out landmarks to orient himself by... only to find that they changed the moment he took his eyes of them. His mind swimming, he gave up and started listening to Dagg's conversation instead.

"So these attackers were from the camp? Or did they just came from that direction? I wonder if they might be the same ones that attacked us..."

OOC
 

 
__________________
** Out of Town - 10/22 through 10/31 - NPC as needed. **

Characters: Del CorganIris KetteringCaleb ShawDeirdre VenteuseYrena
ZendaSquire GainsboroBaruuk TalonfaceKonstantin LumynMarisol d'Arabeth

Last edited by hafrogman; Oct 20th, 2021 at 12:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Pseudonymous's Avatar
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous is offline
Pseudodragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 21st, 2021
RPXP: 8695
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Posts: 2,215
Gristle
right-aligned image
 

 
Oh, Hellobolis was a tree! That's neat. Gristle didn't know trees had names.

"The group that hurt the Tree With A Name came from Yddraixl's camp?" he echoed. "That's where we came from! But we didn't hurt any trees. We were underground. There's no trees there." He scratched his chin in thought, resting his elbows on Harp Strum's skull. Smart Friend Baruuk offered another explanation, one that seemed much more plausible to Gristle. "Oh! Yes! A bunch of Tall Scaleless Folk attacked the camp and hurt lots of nice people there. Maybe they were the same ones who hurt the Hellobolis Tree? It would be sad if any of our own camp hurt the trees. You tiny folk seem nice."

Gristle was learning so many new things in his time on the surface. Trees could have names! A Daethie was not a tree! He was learning a lot about what a Daethie wasn't, though he still wasn't entirely sure what a Daethie was. Oh well! He's sure someone would know!
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB