Game Thread Group 1 adventure - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Elder Scrolls Skyrim
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 06:40 PM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 3240
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 2,959
Cestus Crow, Aspiring Necromancer
right-aligned image

When did I become so blase about killing people? Cestus wonders to himself before shrugging. Probably around time the Imperials decided to lop off my head for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sod it!

"Eat Death Legionnaire!" Cestus shouts, surprising even himself with his sudden vehemence!

The eerie bell tolls again.



OOC
Action: Cast Toll the Dead on the remaining foe:
DC 14 Wisdom save or take 7 Necrotic Damage

Cestus Crow
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 05:43 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 21788
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 26,349
The Winking Cat
left-aligned image

The Cat steps back to clear the way. Doesn't seem like he was particularly handy this time but no matter. The group seemed like it was going to be victorious. The battle didn't seem like it would take much longer so he stepped back and took a quick look around the room for more possible supplies. The gear on the other dead soldiers deserves a good going over too.


ChecksKon'nar
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
Extra Life - Helping Children's Hospitals with a Gaming Twist

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Oct 1st, 2021 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 05:49 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 6485
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 7,636
The bells toll, and the man lets out a blood curdling scream before falling dead. The group find 3 short swords, 3 suits of imperial studded leather armor, and a dagger on the men. The coin purse contains 12 gold with another 3 coins on the table. There is a small red potion, and a small blue potion on the shelf behind the table along with four bottles of nord mead. The group search the barrels to find 3 more small red potions, along with eight days worth of trail rations. An open door along the same wall as the one you entered leads back into the hall on the other side of the cave in

OOCknowledge arcana to identify the potions
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Oct 1st, 2021 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 06:40 AM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 3240
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 2,959
Cestus Crow, Aspiring Necromancer
right-aligned image

Leaving the soldiers rapidly cooling corpse to marinade in the blood that had just poured from his eyes, nose and ears, Cestus picked up the potion bottles curiously.
It could have been the effect of the fight, and the ever present threat of death, that caused his normally logical brain to shut down, but he was having a little trouble identifying the liquid.

"I..I'm sorry! I'm just not sure!"

He points toward the dead soldiers.

"They said there were healing potions here though!"



OOC
Action: Arcana Check on Potions: 11

Cestus Crow
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 09:03 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 7030
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 4,017
Aurelia
right-aligned image

As Cestus and some of the others focused on finding the potions the guards had mentioned, she took the opportunity to alleviate the fallen soldiers of their more mundane equipment. She was no expert on the arcane, but blades and armor she knew well enough.

"Well Cestus, I wouldn't worry too much. If one of us should fall, we'll have an excellent opportunity to test them." Giving the mage a wink, she set to work slipping on one of the sets of studded leather, happy to finally have some worthwhile protection she could still move in. The rogue snatched up one of the shortswords as well, slipping the dagger into her belt as she contentedly ran her hands across the hilts of two matching blades. Aurelia didn't know why, but things just felt better when one had two swords at the ready.
Rolls & ActionsAurelia takes one of the short swords and one set of studded leather.

Maybe Cestus can take the coins again? It'll be easier to split the gold later if it's all together.
Stat Block
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath!

Last edited by Touketsu; Oct 2nd, 2021 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 10:28 AM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 3240
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 2,959
Cestus Crow, Aspiring Necromancer
right-aligned image

Cestus nods in agreement, Aurelia had a point, it would have felt good to be of a little more use however.
Almost unconsciously, he picks up the actual coin purse and emptied the contents of his hastily made cloth one into it, placing it onto the table. He places the other coins into it as well.
"Ok, lets grab the remaining equipment, and press on. We don't know what may be around the next corner."


OOC
Cestus upgrades his coin pouch, and keeps all the coins together for later.

Cestus Crow

Last edited by triedtherest; Oct 7th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Hillsy7's Avatar
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 1781
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Posts: 1,211
Trenellis Autreius - Cleric of the Wretched Abyss(Arcana)
Channel Divinity: 0/0
Spell Slots
 

 


The final cries of the guard faded, the dolorous drone of the bell waned, and Tren found himself breathing heavily despite doing almost nothing. The death and danger around them felt like a heavy mire, making even moving his hands from his ears a monumental effort. Looking up, he saw the others calmly picking over the corpses, chatting like farmers meeting at a market. He knew Aurelia and cestus were world-wise - and the Khajit had already shown he was colder than any of the mountain tops ringing skyrim - but it was still a shock.

He pulled himself upright, and tried to feign being OK with this horror in the hope he might convince himself as well. He moved to one of the corpses, laying on a pillow of blood where Sondraeya's axe had split his skull, and set about unbuckling the armour. If he was to survive, he'd need at least something to keep his guts on the inside where they belonged.

Of course, his guts were where that awful voice lived; the terrible warmth and power that swept through him....

He pushed the thought away, and slung the armour over his head, fiddling with the buckles to cinch it tight. Then he picked up the dagger and one of the swords.

Kon'nar was making a small bundle of gear, seeming for all the world like this was just another day for him. Tren shuffled over, sword held out. "Here, you might want this. I don't really know how to use it."

Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 05:23 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 21788
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 26,349
The Winking Cat
left-aligned image

Kon'nar looks at the offered sword, and ultimately takes it with a respectful bow of his head.

"This One thanks you," he gives to Trenellis, hands clasped together.

"Kon'nar's weapon of choise is a good Bow and Arrow - but this is better than relying on the blades given to him by the Gods, yes. You are alright."


ChecksKon'nar
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
Extra Life - Helping Children's Hospitals with a Gaming Twist
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 09:25 AM
DaniLore's Avatar
DaniLore DaniLore is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 25th, 2021
RPXP: 5585
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posts: 1,170
Sondraeya"Well, that went as splendidly as a dream. Great teamwork." Sondraeya quipped, raising a brow at the fellow draining blood from his many orifices. which was more painful, an axe to the brain or a mind-liquifying migraine? Gingerly stepping over the corpse on her way into the next room, Sondraeya stood dutifully on guard as the group rifled through barrels and the dead. Reaching down, Sondraeya ripped the axe from the felled imperial's skull. More than likely, it'll come in handy yet again.
__________________
Posting Status: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 6485
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 7,636
Sondraeya and Ralof check ahead. the door leads into the hallway on the other side of the cave in. The hallway turns to the left and then descends further down. At the bottom it opens up into a room. A room with cages and a torture rack.

“A torture chamber,” Ralof says. “Bastards.”

Before they enter the room, they can hear the sound of shouting, clashing steel, and…lightning? There appears to be a battle in progress.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 09:34 PM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 3240
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 2,959
Cestus Crow, Aspiring Necromancer
right-aligned image

Cestus nodded and was about to echo Ralof's sentiment about the chamber when he saw the Flash!
Dragon! Was Cestus' first thought, then: No...that's ridiculous, we're underground! That means...!
"A CASTER!" He says excitedly. "I get to face a fellow Caster! CASTER BATTLE!"
He runs around the corner, ready to unleash magical hell upon the source of the Lightning.


OOC
Move Action: Move around the corner
Action: Cast Magic Missile at the "Caster"
Dice Magic Missile Damage:
3d4+3 (4, 3, 3)+3 Total = 13


Cestus Crow

Last edited by triedtherest; Oct 6th, 2021 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 01:01 AM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 21788
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 26,349
The Winking Cat
left-aligned image

Kon'nar actually gives out a bit of a sigh of sadness at Cestus's actions. Clearly the man wasn't a Hunter, and seemingly he was a bit touched in the head.

But, one takes what one can get.

"Excuse me, Kon'nar apparently must do what he can to keep our Bookworm friend alive." he whispers low as he pulls the shortsword and goes quiet - but ultimately also goes into the room. Just behind Cestus, trusting that the man will be a sufficient distraction.

Really he just picks whichever of the opponents will be the easiest for this stab in the back. Of course he goes for a stab in the back. Stabbing someone in the back is much safer than stabbing them in the front, yes?


ChecksKon'nar

Rolling dice as needed, I believe Kon'nar only gets the 2nd attack die if the stealth check is successful. The premise is to sneak up on someone and stab them in the back using Cestus as a distraction.
Dice Init:
1d20+3 (7)+3 Total = 10

Dice Stealth:
2d20+5kh1 (14, 5 (keeping 14) )+5 Total = 19

Dice Attack:
2d20+5kh1 (7, 9 (keeping 9) )+5 Total = 14

Dice Damage:
1d6+3 (1)+3 Total = 4

__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
Extra Life - Helping Children's Hospitals with a Gaming Twist
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 05:09 AM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 6485
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 7,636
Cestus rushes into the room and finds two stormcloaks fighting with two imperials. A hooded man stands behind the imperials and casts magic at the stormcloaks. Not that Cestus actually pays attention to any of this as he immediately fires his own spell at the hooded man. All three shots hit the man in the head, exploding it like an over ripe Mellon smashed with a hammer.

Kon'nar manages to slip in and shank one of the imperials who are too distracted by the stormcloaks to even notice that their caster is dead.

OOCinitiatives and actions
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Oct 7th, 2021 at 05:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 7030
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 4,017
Aurelia
right-aligned image

It seemed that the longer they remained in this hellish situation, the more and more Cestus was finding the thirst for blood within. As the mage ran headlong into the fray, Kon'nar begrudgingly followed behind, capitalizing on the young man's wild distraction. Both managed successful attacks, the Khajiit getting his blade in one of the imperial soldiers as Cestus sent a rival mage straight to the afterlife. The bloody explosion actually made Aurelia cringe slightly, and she reminded herself not to pick on Cestus too much once they were free of this place.

Left with no other choice than to push their advantage, the woman charged in after her companions, sights set on the other Imperial soldier engage in combat with a Stormcloak. Coming up from behind, she used the Stormcloak to her advantage, getting past the Imperal guard's defense while he was occupied as she sliced with both swords.
Rolls & Actions
Initiative: 10

Move: Aurelia moves up to the other Imperial Guard (the one Kon'nar didn't attack) and gets into a flanking position with the Stormcloak.

Action: Attack with shortsword
Shortsword 1Attack: 13
Damage: 9


Bonus: Secondary attack with off-hand sword
Shortsword 2Attack: 20
Damage: 7


Bonus damage from sneak attack on the first attack that hits.
Sneak Attack Damage: 3
Stat Block
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 05:26 PM
triedtherest's Avatar
triedtherest triedtherest is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2021
RPXP: 3240
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Posts: 2,959
Cestus Crow, Aspiring Necromancer
right-aligned image

SPLAT!
That was the extent of Cestus' first battle against another Spellcaster. He didn't know whether he should be elated that his magic was so effective, or disappointed that it hadn't tasked him further!
Ah well, dead is dead, and I'm a power to be FEARED! Was his first thought.
This was followed by a much smaller, and quieter, voice which begged the question:
What in Oblivion is happening to me? Today was my first violent act, and was against the EMPIRE! Now I'm deliberately seeking out bloodshed! Who ARE you Cestus Crow, and what will you become?
This "voice" was silenced as the grim Crow eyed up his next victim. The Legionnaire that Kon'nar had just wounded.
The deadly bells tolled again!



OOC
Action: Cast Toll the Dead on the wounded foe:
DC 14 Wisdom save or take 5 Necrotic Damage

Cestus Crow

Last edited by triedtherest; Oct 7th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB