Game Thread Episode One: The Cleanup Crew - Page 18 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > PbtA > Masks - A New Generation
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #256  
Old Mar 8th, 2022, 08:42 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: 30696
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 30,709
Be Not Afriad
right-aligned image
One of her titles was “The Blessed Lady of Change and Anarchy”, and the scene doesn’t fail to deliver on the name. Like the eye of the storm, chaos is around her but Hanniel looks almost serene as she calmly walks to leave. Adaptagirl is behind her, the Angel just reaches back and holds her hand to keep going.

A group of aggressors tries to cut off the exit. “Hannah” just calmly looks on them and raises her other hand.

It’s like a miniature Galaxy suddenly bursts into existence with Hanniel and Adaptagirl at the core and everyone else being pushed back by the spinning, expansive arms. Wings and Eyes and Halo - it's like watching a Creation Myth in real time - and she doesn't stop.

You won’t have to take them all, We're not going to Fight anyone at all. They are right about one thing. You do have a responsibility to help this world Heal. It will probably be a long path you have to walk. But I am not Justice, I am Hope. I’m just glad to have you back.” she speaks calmly - until powered people refuse to get out of their way. Then the double-voice picks up more Boom.

You can’t do anything to her that she’s not already doing worse to her self, and you can’t do anything to me that matters. Move.

OOCSheet

Move: Moat

Consitions: Insecure, she does wonder if this really was the right thing to do.

__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
=Apologies, Offline Life/Tech Issues Slowing My Posts.=
=Working On Catching Up.=

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Mar 10th, 2022 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 10:13 AM
FraterChad's Avatar
FraterChad FraterChad is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 4698
FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad
Posts: 910
OOC: Replying here for visibility. Lady Anarchy, to use your Burn abilities, go ahead and reroll 2d6+Conditions Marked to charge up your powers. I know you had done so previously, but the charge only lasts for that scene. On a 10+, hold 3 Burn; 7-9 hold 3 Burn but mark a condition; on a 6- hold 2 Burn and mark 3 Conditions.

To use Moat, spend one Burn. The effects happen without needing another roll, so I'll factor that into my reply.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. GM for Odyssey of the Dragonlords (5e) and Frater Chad's Monster of the Week Multiverse (PbtA). Current Status: Let's Go!
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Tahril's Avatar
Tahril Tahril is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2024
RPXP: 5540
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
Posts: 1,288
Cleared to drop
right-aligned image


Firewall: ”I’m usually preoccupied with my projects, but let me guess. He couldn’t wait for the meeting or the rest of the team and left for the fight club immediately. I bet he used the front door too,”

Oh for goodness sake, how can someone so smart be so dumb?

“No...I meant like...you know....about personal stuff...”

Firewall: “Do we have eyes inside?”

Aaaaaaaand he can’t hear me. Of course. With a helmet that thick I’d have to use comms...though speaking of eyes inside though it’s been a while since I checked in on the spiderbots. Let’s see what they’ve got...

“Yeah...one sec...”

Patching in and the views are blurry and the sound it terrible. I guess that makes sense since they would be close to the floor and have probably taken some damage.

“Let me get a better view...”

Honestly I don’t even know why I’m asking Joshua about Adam...*match physical location to IP address*...I mean it’s not like Adam talks that much to to anyone, let alone his polar opposite...*bypass VPN and proxy protections*...brains and brawn those two, maybe he opens up more to Kitsune...*transfer worm into non secure system*...they’ve both got the strength thing going on, maybe I should ask her about him...*worm duplicating through physical connection into secured systems and.....*

“I’m pulling up the cameras now.”

Streaming directly to both our helmets I bring up the warehouses security feeds. Rowdy crowds, angry words, some punches thrown, pretty standard fight club stuff really....

And that’s when it all hits the fan. Some of the cameras cut out from being shorted out by electricity or straight up blown up!

“Holy crap Josh if this thing has turbo boosters nows the time to use them! And...and we need to report this!”

Dr Silvers always warning me not to fall prey to the bystander affect. Doesn’t matter if a giant rampaging monster just emerged from the sewers and everyone’s running scared, never assume someone has called the police. And even if they did they probably just screamed about a monster. The more details you can give the authorities the better, so with that said, I make the call.

“Dispatch, this is Chroma. Hero code CHR-01. There is a 10-29 in progress at Grid coordinates 756.3 by 129.4. Estimated at least 30 supers involved and at least 250 bystanders. Requesting dispatch of crowd control and medical teams ASAP”

I have no idea how long they will take to respond but the best thing we can do is wait for them. We would just get in the way down there, besides what’s the worst that could happen? I mean I suppose they might get hurt...which might mean they have to spend some time in hospital recovering...which might mean they aren’t well enough to come to school...which might mean they can’t attend prom...which means if Adam is injured thenIWONTHAVEADATE!

“Firewall! Set this thing in autopilot! We have to get down there! LYNX! Initiate defensive mode and take point!”

A few mechanical purrs and Lynx leaps from the Van into the ground below, performing threat assessments on the fleeing civilians. A little robotic meow let’s me know it’s safe, at least for now, and I’m next out of the van and into the warehouse... Dammit I know this is stupid but what else am I supposed to do, just sit and the van while my team fights? I’ll be fine...just gotta let LYNx and firewall lead the way...




 

Last edited by Tahril; Mar 9th, 2022 at 01:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old Mar 9th, 2022, 10:51 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: 30696
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 30,709
OOC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraterChad View Post
OOC: Replying here for visibility. Lady Anarchy, to use your Burn abilities, go ahead and reroll 2d6+Conditions Marked to charge up your powers. I know you had done so previously, but the charge only lasts for that scene. On a 10+, hold 3 Burn; 7-9 hold 3 Burn but mark a condition; on a 6- hold 2 Burn and mark 3 Conditions.

To use Moat, spend one Burn. The effects happen without needing another roll, so I'll factor that into my reply.
Did here, which was in this scene if I'm reading this right.
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
=Apologies, Offline Life/Tech Issues Slowing My Posts.=
=Working On Catching Up.=
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old Mar 10th, 2022, 12:30 AM
BloodShadow's Avatar
BloodShadow BloodShadow is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 400
BloodShadow BloodShadow BloodShadow BloodShadow BloodShadow
Posts: 144
Voltage drop
right-aligned image
Firewall scanned the camera feeds while his suit began its diagnostic checks. After taking note of his teammates’ locations in the warehouse. He began assessing threats, assets, and formulating plans. At Chroma’s request for a speed boost; Firewall increased the Van’s power parameters until the low hum of the coils increased to a whine.

With his battle suit ready and the Van’s final approach keyed in, Firewall removed a gadget from his duffle bag. A mostly-plastic compact gun with a series of coils running the length of the barrel. The lightweight coilgun lacked a power supply of it's own. Relying upon the silver power contacts on the grip to draw variable power from the suit’s supply as needed for the desired velocity. The real innovation wasn’t the gun itself but the projectiles it fired, assuming that it worked as intended when the time came.

Using the Van as temporary cover, Firewall dropped out of the side opposite the warehouse’s entrance. It wouldn’t do to get knocked out of the fight before he got his feet on the ground. After confirming the approach was clear via the Van’s cameras he dismissed the vehicle and moved up with LYNX to enter the warehouse and backup Hanniel.

"The cavalry's here. Prioritize instigators," Firewall said over team comms.


OOC
Assessing the situation: 9. What here is in the greatest danger?

Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old Mar 10th, 2022, 06:11 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
He/him/his
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 11th, 2024
RPXP: 34229
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 28,595
right-aligned image
Shame. While chatting with The Four, Sayuri missed Sampson's final move. Before she could cheer victory, all hell breaks loose and the cage suddenly explode. It happened in a few seconds for the mundane eyes, but for Sayuri everything slows down when her danger sense kicks in and makes her tumble at uncanny speed. She tumbles cleverly between flying pieces of glasses and wreckage from the cage, landing in the middle of the cage.

Grabbing Sampson's arm with her gloved tiny hands she hugs him. - " すごい!! That was fantastic!!! Yah!!! " Looking deep into his eyes, she ignores the chaotic scene and kisses him on the right cheek from the tip of her toes. Stamping a clear mark of her lips on the colossus face in the process. The young lady doesn't feel shy or embarrassed, all her movements and expression looked so natural to Sampson. As usual, perfect and harmonious. - " It's your winning present! " Kitsune charmingly wink before releasing his arm and lowering her mask to cover her perfect facial features.

Looking around, the floor is beginning pilling up with wounded. - " What should we do? Liberty is in there, I suppose she will be just fine no? "


 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kiss1.png
Views:	82
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	94844  

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 10th, 2022 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Kepheren's Avatar
Kepheren Kepheren is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2024
RPXP: 3659
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
Posts: 2,343
Sampson: All Hell Breaks Loose.
right-aligned image


There are a lot of raw emotions running through Sampson's mind as Anvil is forced from the cage. The first is exhilaration to have won without getting himself or anyone else killed. Second is relief to still be standing in one piece. Thirdly though is a deep, abiding anger that still remains from his previous encounters. What precisely he is angry at, other than himself for earlier failures, Sampson isn't sure. He just is and has to find an outlet for it.

Much to his surprise though Kitsune all but short circuits his brain with a simple kiss. His head begins to swoon a bit as he takes it all in. This isn't exactly the moment to be getting all hormonal but she is quite the distraction. With some effort though he manages to focus, or at least to pretend he has, and try to sort out their current situation.

"I....don't know if she will be ok or not," he says, trying to take it all in. "But we have to give Hanniel cover to get Adaptagirl out of here. Your fast and can get there before I can."

Now Adam knows he isn't exactly in charge here. He is just going with his gut on this one. Kitsune is really fast, strong and deadly accurate. She should be able to help clear the way to the door for their resident angel and Adaptagirl. He on the other hand is slow and plodding, better suited to the fight at hand and trying to lend aid to Lady Liberty. Deciding on his course of action quickly he jumps from the wreckage of the cage to join Anvil and the Four there in the middle of the scrum.

"Another time then, on friendlier terms," he says with a chuckle to Anvil. "Right now we have some crowd control to take care of."

As he speaks Sampson looks for a way to end this quickly even as he adopts a defensive posture. Sadly, nothing is coming to mind. Maybe his exertions and the kiss have rattled him more than he had thought.




Ooc:With your generous gesture Sampson has now cleared all conditions except for Angry which really fits from a story telling perspective. He is hoping to help Liberty and the Four to clear some of the rabble from the floor while the faster members of the team help Hanniel. That is what he hopes anyway....how well it works in practice is anyone's guess. :P
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old Mar 26th, 2022, 05:56 PM
FraterChad's Avatar
FraterChad FraterChad is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 4698
FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad
Posts: 910
Team Pool = 2

Super Fight!
“Dispatch, this is Chroma. Hero code CHR-01. There is a 10-29 in progress at Grid coordinates 756.3 by 129.4. Estimated at least 30 supers involved and at least 250 bystanders. Requesting dispatch of crowd control and medical teams ASAP,” Chroma called out to the Halcyon City's Hero Dispatch operator as the Van whooshed over the city's industrial sector. Hearing Chroma's call to crank up the speed, Firewall flipped the switch, and the vehicle's power coils let loose an electromagnetic whine before rocketing forward toward the districts older, run-down streets.

"Chroma, this is Dispatch. 10-29 confirmed for the given coordinates; checking the Database for nearby heroes and response teams...actually, you're in luck! Meta-Man is marked as available, so we're contacting him now. Make sure your team has their Hero IDs activated and monitor the situation until he arrives."

With its mention, Chroma was able to pull up Halcyon City's Database, the city's freely available database of registered and catalogued individuals exhibiting any sort of enhanced abilities, be they mutagenic, exobiological, arcane, tech-based, or even simply a level of mastery that would eclipse normal human performance. The Database was had several helpful search features, including last-known morality and affiliation--hero, villain, or otherwise--along with the Age they were initially catalogued, their basic power-sets and abilities, and list of costumes throughout the Ages; the Database even included a list of preferences, personality quirks, and flairs showcased, depending on how much information was readily available for the individual. Meta-Man had pages of details and archived exploits, while a child beginning to explore their mutations in a suburb outside the city likely wouldn't have a database entry at all. Every tech-oriented hero, villain, or mercenary knew that the Database was public-facing, and some of the entries had a Wikipedia-like dubiousness to them: quality supers kept their public face and private lives very separate, and the Database served to bolster that divide while occasionally risking to accidentally bridge it.

But, it had a lot of information about superpowered folks, so the Database was a necessary evil. One that Chroma was ready to exploit when they arrived at the Warehouse. Problem is, the Van moved too damn fast; the whining coils calmly gave up their ghost, quickly calming into an alarming silence as the vehicle landed with the pilot-seat facing away from the Warehouse's only known entrance (and exit). Chroma didn't even realize they had arrived until she heard the shouts and stampede of dozens upon dozens of fight-goers fleeing out of the stairwell hidden inside of a the ruby-red cargo-shell.

Firewall was quick to assemble his gear and gizmos before departing the Van, using it as cover. As soon as the door was open, the two could hear the fleeing hordes' shouts: "Go, go, go!! Who knows how far they'll go to win this fight!" "If that damn alien goes all-in, the whole Warehouse will collapse!" With as many highly-powered heroes and villains present for the fight, Chroma and Firewall knew that, if the folks who frequented the Warehouse were deathly-afraid of one figure in particular, then they must be a potent threat. Good thing Meta-Man was on his way...right?

Seeing the stream of bodies gushing up from the red crate's hidden stairwell--and nowhere else--they were easily able to deduce that this was the only entrance, and exit, to the place. The horde bottlenecked at the stairwell, continuously pouring out in a thin stream of human and meta-human bodies, clamoring out onto the open concrete lot once they were free. There was no threat here, and the continual, thunderous booming below their feet only helped solidify that fact. With the danger above-ground cleared, Chroma followed Firewall into the chthonic depths below. Like mindless drops of water separated from the stream, each body that bumped into them simply flowed around them without the slightest hesitation until they returned to the stream of exiting bodies. The two Defiant heroes pushed against the current, momentarily slowed with each fleeing person slamming into them before merging back into the flow. Eventually, they reached the scarlet-lit stairs leading down, and with each step, the sounds of battle grew louder and louder until there was nothing but the cacophony of war. The two twisted around the stairwell's last bend and witnessed the Warehouse.

Footage from the CCTV feeds paled in comparison to the battle royale that had spilled out from the underground fight club's plexiglass cages and into the walkways between. The entire Warehouse had erupted into an intense battle, with gouts of fire bursting up into the air, hulking figures slamming into each other and using the cages as weapons, all with omnipresent hail of bullets and power blasts. There were at least a dozen fighters clashing in the make-shift arena--ironically leaving the actual championship arena relatively empty--and the two tech-heroes were quick to identify several of them as their Defiant companions. Closest to the exit, Lady Anarchy had taken on her glorious arch-angelic form (or a percentage of it that did not crush the viewers' minds under its existential weight, at least); she was leading another, older woman away from one of the cages, and it seemed that all eyes were on them. Scanning the Database, she was quickly able to connect a name to the face: that was Adapatagirl, disgraced superheroine with nearly unrivaled ability to mimic others' powers. Currently, she merely floated off the ground looking raw and afraid.

Nearby, Sampson had stepped out of his now-shattered cage victorious and, much to Chroma's chagrin (at the very least), Kitsune was hanging onto him like a model posing for a magazine cover. The two were also surveying the onslaught as, at their feet, a battle raged. Dozens of civilians, their eyes a brilliant technicolor indigo, had tackled the Adjudicatrix--ie, Lady Liberty--down into a veritable ball of bodies. She was caught off guard by their unified, spontaneous attack. A few feet away, Anvil was clashing with a feral-looking lupine figure, its claws raking down the titanic ex-villain's naked chest with little effect. Anvil grinned from ear to ear before hurling a punch toward the figure who managed to block it, the force of which sending him sliding backward into a group of shrieking civilians.

Anvil marched forward to keep up his fight with the werewolf, who was now pulling himself back onto his feet using the bystanders as lifts. As he departed, the pile of indigo-eyed people exploded upward, sending unconscious bodies in every direction as the Adjudicatrix pulled herself back to her feet as well, her oversized gavel practically steaming from exertion. Immediately, she pulled The Four in close behind her gavel just as a flurry of bullets began chewing away at the weapon.

"It's Misthios--we must be in the way of a contract," The Four hissed and fired off a torrent of flames. An enshadowed figure leapt away before the heat could lap at his suit.

"Get Anvil, we've got at least three class B or higher threats on our hands. We need to put them down before HCPD responds. I'll handle the Spartan," she commanded, then rolled out of the way just as the path she was standing on was riddled with bullets. The Four sprinted forward toward Anvil, who had resumed his fight with the werewolf, while the Adjudicatrix drew out the Misthios's fire.

That was until she was pulled down to her hands and knees by another group of blue-eyed, mesmerized bystanders. She barely had time to loose a scream, her voice muffled by mind-controlled hands, as she was pulled down once again. Perched atop a nearby cage, the Misthios watched the Adjudicatrix get pulled into the human quicksand. In his brazen, Spartan-themed mercenary suit--complete with high-tech helmet--he held his guns at bay: she wasn't his target, nor were the innocents holding her down. He leapt down from the cage and casually strode by Sampson, his eyes fixed on Adaptagirl.

"Anvil, we need your...oh ****!" The Four shouted, then shrieked as he was immediately pulled aloft like a ragdoll a dozen feet into the air. "ANVIL! They're here!

A figure casually strode through the screaming crowds, gracefully moving away as debris rocketed toward--and past--them. They smiled as they moved, the playful grin of knowing how little effort this was taking...and how fun it would be to see how much effort they could end up spending. They casually floated into the air and over a cage-frame that rolled by, then drifted back down to their feet without breaking stride. The figure sauntered into Chroma's view just in time to see them telekinetically lift up The Four with absolute ease.

Terror poured through Chroma's veins like glacial water as she found the androgynous figure in the Database.


Name: Gravitus
Species: Members of the Prismatic species hail from an exoplanet 300 lightyears from Earth. Each member appears heavily affiliated with a particular color, at least on the human visible spectrum. This color affiliation does not appear to have any effect on their power-sets, personalities, or overall power level, merely an aesthetic choice or, perhaps, a rite of passage. Prismatics have a fey-like whimsy that can occilate from playfully mercurial to wantonly destructive in seconds. Exercise caution and extreme diplomacy when interacting.Prismatic
Powers and Abilities: Telekinetic Mastery and Danger-Sense
Generation Activated: The New Generation
Background: Gravitus was first observed entering the planet's orbit six months ago in a capsule of brilliant cerulean energy that dissolved as soon as they were fully engulfed in Earth's atmosphere. Gravitus is an androgynous figure choosing they/them pronouns most often, as they do not identify with any of Earth's sexes or genders; additionally, the plurality of the term resonates with the plurality of the color spectrum, something their species, the Prismatics, holds in almost sacred regards. As Gravitus entered the orbit, they were confronted by the full Phylaxis team, who attempted to apprehend the alien after what amounted to a miscommunication. However, during that battle, Gravitus was able to fend off the entire team while appearing to enjoy the experience. The team managed to utilize that jovial personality to their advantage, eventually finding that Gravitus was here to undergo 'Cerulian Ceremorphosis,' though little additional information has been provided as to what that means. They have, however, worked with Phylaxus and other heroic groups since adjusting to life in Halcyon City, for the most part. ...
Appearance:
 


"ANVIL STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR PUPPY AND TAKE CARE OF GRAVITUS!!" The Four shouted as they hung, upside down, a dozen feet above Gravitus who seemed to practically dance through the chaos. Then, Gravitus spotted their true target: Adaptagirl.

Chroma saw it all. Of all the villains and mercenaries and misguided heroes in the Warehouse, they were naught but whelps in Gravitus's shadow, and they were merely a Prismatic infant themselves, a larvae...

"Prioritize the instigators," Firewall commanded, his words pulling her from a terrified stupor...right into a frenzy of a different sort. As the two fanned out to join the fight, they saw Lady Anarchy and Adaptagirl being pursued. Mark growled and flexed, his figure bulging with newly grown strength and vigor and rage, but he was not the first to lash out at Adaptagirl. Another figure loosed a bolt of lightning at her. It slammed into her chest causing her skin to silhouette before becoming a crackling figure of elemental lightning, the blast suffusing into her with little effect. Like Zeus, she hurled her own bolt of lightning at the figure and launched her back a dozen feet. Hanniel could see that the attacker was smoking but alive: Adaptagirl had held back.

“You can’t do anything to her that she’s not already doing worse to her self, and you can’t do anything to me that matters. Move." Hanniel spoke, her words vibrating the Warehouse with divine authority. Chroma scanned beyond the line of Mark and his compatriots back to Sampson, Kitsune, and the adults. Anvil had paused his fight with the werewolf and had hurled himself toward Gravitus, but was now limply floating a foot out of their reach. Gravitus laughed, their pallid skin shimmering with brilliant blue pores, and then they continued their stride nearing Sampson and Kitsune. As Sampson moved in position, Chroma watched as Kitsune pulled him in close, stepped up onto her tippy-toes, and leaned in towards his cheek, and...

And watched on as a new galaxy was born before their eyes. Lady Anarchy summoned up her cosmic might to form a makeshift wall blocking the attackers behind them. The moat of energy swirled and swatted back any would-be attackers with its star-studded arms. Whatever happened between Adam and Sayuri, she couldn't tell. Maybe Josh had a better angle...

But it wasn't just Firewall who had maneuvered into a favorable position. Moments after the cosmic moat erupted into life, another figure skirted out to block the exit. He was a young man dressed in loose-fitting jeans, plaid shirt, and jacket. They could immediately recognize the figure: this was Rafael Ramirez; they shared a few classes together at school, but he mostly spent time with Mark.

"Good, you're here! I'll need all the help I can get to keep that angel busy. You wanna focus-fire on her or go after Adaptagirl? Either way, we're the last line of defense," Rafael called out to Chroma and Firewall, completely oblivious to why they were here. He held up his hand and it crackled with power, his eyes focused on not letting Adaptagirl escape. While he didn't know it, Rafael only had to hold them back for a few moments as Gravitus approached, their smile tinged with blue excitement.


OOC
Big finale, let's go! There are a lot of moving parts, so I'm going to try and respond to each post individually to address the ever-shifting scene. Since you are all relatively disorganized and split up, its free rein as to who posts first (and also after that). If you feel like it's your turn but want to wait to watch the scene change, post in the OOC thread that you're skipping that particular turn. No harm, no foul.

You all have 2 Team Points to use as you see fit. If you are trying to address any of the bystanders, you'll probably want to roll to Defend, though that can turn into an Unleash Your Powers move depending on how intense you want to do it. There should be an opportunity to use pretty much every move here, give or take. So if you're unsure about what to roll, feel free to leave it vague in your post or reach out before to get it settled.

ADDENDUM: GleefulNihilism, what's Rafael's power?
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. GM for Odyssey of the Dragonlords (5e) and Frater Chad's Monster of the Week Multiverse (PbtA). Current Status: Let's Go!

Last edited by FraterChad; Mar 27th, 2022 at 05:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 01:24 AM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: 30696
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 30,709
Be Not Afriad
right-aligned image
Rafael Ramirez, thinking Firewall and Chroma was on his side, took a knee immediately after speaking. Took a knee, and touched the rough concrete floor of the Arena. Here it wasn't exactly a secret that Rafael had a power and he grins as it happens. If the look on his face was any testimony, he must must enjoy how it feels to use his power a great deal. Anyone around him can watch as his fingertips seem to turn to Concrete, then his knocks, then his whole fingers, up and up faster and faster until his entire body is now the dark grey of well-laid concrete.

He smiles, and stands.

So there they are. The Archangel and the Adaptagirl; surronded most Menacingly by a Material Adapter, the Best Mercenary in the World, and Possibly the Most Powerful Telekinetic currently on this planet.

"No.

She previously acted out of Despair, and her Desire for Redemption is Genuine. Hope is only just starting to spark again, You have No Right to Snuff It Out. Especially you, Star Child.
" she remarks, shining brighter and looking upward, taking Adaptagirl's hand as she starts gaining more altitude slowly.

"Yes, Prismatic. I know of your kind. I lit your Star. You are so far from your Home, I am Proud of You.

I know you're just a Child. Please Leave, I don't want to Fight you.
"

OOCSheet

Rafael's Power is Bodily Material Duplication, he has the ability to alter attributes and properties of his body to match the attributes and properties of materials he touches. He can make his body as hard and durable as Concrete merely by touching Concrete for example.

Move: Overcharge - Unleash Powers to cut a hole in the ceiling back up to the surface level. The idea being afterwords they can just fly away.

Consitions: Insecure, she does wonder if this really was the right thing to do.
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
=Apologies, Offline Life/Tech Issues Slowing My Posts.=
=Working On Catching Up.=
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Tahril's Avatar
Tahril Tahril is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2024
RPXP: 5540
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
Posts: 1,288
Heartbreakers and Life Takers
right-aligned image


"Chroma, this is Dispatch. 10-29 confirmed for the given coordinates; checking the Database for nearby heroes and response teams...actually, you're in luck! Meta-Man is marked as available, so we're contacting him now. Make sure your team has their Hero IDs activated and monitor the situation until he arrives."

"Acknowledged, Chroma out."

Ok, Meta-Mans on the way, we just need to hold out until then. Descending into this Warehouse is a terrible idea but if my teams down there we have to do something! LYNX leads the way, serving like one of those cow catchers on the front of trains, funneling the fleeing crowds around me. Just gotta stay in his wake and we can get there in no time.

Descending onto the final landing I can finally see the chaos unfolding. Its...well its a complete and total Sh*t show to be honest. I cant even tell whos fighting who. Alright, lets focus on what we do know: The team.

"LYNX! DEFENSE MODE!"

Rearing his head up LYNX initiates an active threat watch, that should give me time to see what's going on. Ok...Hannahs there, protecting...*IDENTITY CONFIRMED: ADAPTAGIRL*. Ok, so we need to protect those two...and there's Sampson with...With Kitsune hanging off him, the two of them looking like some damn Frank Frazetta painting. Well at least they're safe. LYNXs scans pick up several ID tags all mixing in the Melee, Lady Liberty, The Four, Misthios, Anvil, Gravitas....

No...no thats not possible....where? Lynx is gifted with 360 degrees of vision, and in the confusion I somehow missed the biggest threat here. All other concerns slip away when they are confirmed. I immediately reestablish connection with HCPD.

Let me know if this is an overreaction, from the description it seemed Gravitas was very dangerous"Dispatch! Gravitas is onsite! Repeat Gravitas is onsite! Requesting deployment of Power nullifiers and additional Super support ASAP!"

OhGodOhGodOhGod, please don't notice me, or anyone else, in fact just take off back to your home planet please...even in my panic though I swear I something scandalous before my visor goes dark. Flare compensation prevents me going blind as Hanniels lets loose with her own powers. Yes, refocus, get those two to safety, get them out of...

"Good, you're here! I'll need all the help I can get to keep that angel busy. You wanna focus-fire on her or go after Adaptagirl? Either way, we're the last line of defense,"

Who the hell is tha...wait...

"RAFAEL?! What the hell are you doing here!? Are you trying to get yourself killed! Get out of here RIGHT NOW! I don't care if you skin is concrete you get your ass up the stairs and out of here this instant! Jesus no wonder Abby rejected you when you asked her out..."

The last thing we need is more people in the way getting hurt, Gravitas is sure to have enough pain to share with everyone.



 
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 09:18 AM
Kepheren's Avatar
Kepheren Kepheren is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2024
RPXP: 3659
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
Posts: 2,343
Sampson: All Hell Breaks Loose, the sequel.
right-aligned image


Sampson considered himself to be a direct, straight forward sort of guy. All of these moving pieces and random fights breaking out were a bit confusing for him. What was the greatest threat? What should be their first priority? Where would he be able to help the most? All those questions and so few answers that made any sense to him.

He was still riding a bit of an adrenaline buzz from winning his match with Anvil. Now THERE had been a lucky win. Now he had to wrap his mind around all this and try to do good by his team. But where would he help the most? Trying to pull Lady Liberty out from under all the mind controlled drones? Engage Gravitas? Or just maybe trying to take out that assassin looking dude who had just casually walked past him on his way towards his Angel friend and Adaptagirl?

"Screw it....no way I'm letting this clown shoot them in the back," he growled, charging to engage Misthios.

Trying to disarm the assassin his primary goal was to eliminate the threat to his team.



Ooc: Sampson has rolled ridiculously well to engage Misthios. I get to pick two from the list and will opt to take something from him such as his primary weapon and then to resist his blows. He also still has the Angry condition but it doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 08:26 PM
BloodShadow's Avatar
BloodShadow BloodShadow is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 400
BloodShadow BloodShadow BloodShadow BloodShadow BloodShadow
Posts: 144
Field test
right-aligned image
Firewall mentally compiled data feeds into a comprehensive map of threats, and felt a strong desire for more armor as his helmet adjusted audio levels to dampen the sound of gunfire. He wasn’t sure if Adaptagirl powers applied to bullets and tech. Curiosity aside, Misthios was definitely a threat to everyone in the building that wasn’t bulletproof. Firewall’s high-tech armored suit: Not bulletproof. Specifically, torso and leg armor still needed to be fabricated. Misthios needed to be shutdown before he could do any harm.

Seeing that Sampson was of the same mind. Firewall readied his coilgun and moved to take advantage of Sampson’s positioning to flank Misthios. He selected targets on his HUD; prioritizing weapons and tech followed by limbs. The suit would make adjustments to compensate for his aim. He ramped up the velocity of the coilgun given the lethally of his target and opened fire.

The unconventional cylindrical projectiles he fired were supercharged electromagnets with electroactive adhesive tips. Designed to attach to the target on impact and magnetize to other nearby projectiles when activated. Theoretically binding a target or group of targets after two or more of the projectiles were deployed.



OOC
Always prepared: 6

Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 07:17 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
He/him/his
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 11th, 2024
RPXP: 34229
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 28,595
With regret, she looks at Adam back moving away from her. She is not sure why she kissed him, it just felt right in the moment. Looking at the rampage Sayuri doesn't really have the heart to fight again, still having several bruises from her previous fight at the hospital. Unfortunately, healing is not one of her many powers. If it was up to her she would just leave and let them smash each other, but Adam asked to help. She is not going to let the bull go in there alone.

She sighs and in a flash jumps over the crowd, using the sea of heads and shoulders to leap from person to person until she finds Mark. The fool, even after being almost mortally wounded and saved from Ladyliberty, is still instigating chaos. - " Will you stop the nonsense? " Her crystal voice is the last thing he heard before she lands a powerful kick behind his head to knock him down. Kitsune chains by jumping on his back when he tries to get up and wrapping an arm around his neck. Squeezing to make him lose consciousness, Mark's vision turns blurry and then black. - " You been a bad boy, nap time for you meanie! " If successful she drags him out of harm's way before leaving him to his fate covered with her perfume and a few long black hairs.

OOCDanger: 11

 

Last edited by MoonZar; Apr 5th, 2022 at 07:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 06:42 PM
FraterChad's Avatar
FraterChad FraterChad is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 4698
FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad FraterChad
Posts: 910
Super Fight, Pt 3
Rafael Ramirez stood, his newly adapted concrete form blocking the only threshold out of the Warehouse. He called out to Chroma, who was similarly wreathed in a metal suit though of her own design, and tried to develop a plan to bring down Adaptagirl. Truth be told, he didn't particularly care about the failed heroine or the chaos and death her fall from grace wrought--that was Mark's impetus, not his; no, Rafael was simply here to help his friend and earn some clout along the way. If he, a fellow adaptor, could bring down Adaptagirl, then who knows how many offers would flow his way.

He was practically lost in illusory endorsements when Chroma called back: "RAFAEL?! What the hell are you doing here!? Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

Rafael blinked, his eyelids subtly grinding in confusion. "Aubrey? Is that you? I didn't know you were Chroma. Wait, when did you get a boyfriend?" Rafael started, the pitch of his voice subtly rising with the question. He looked toward Firewall and back to Chroma, his silence a blank canvas for an answer.

Seeing the high-tech Spartan coursing through the crowds of potential civilian casualties, Firewall shot a glance to Chroma before marching out of earshot. Using the terrain to his advantage, the tech-hero maneuvered around Lady Anarchy's galactic moat, disarming and zapping unconscious any riff-raff that tried to break through onto the other side. As he pursued the Misthios back toward the Warehouse's center, he paused to watch Sampson confidently stride toward the mercenary. Sensing Adam's presence, he spun around, levelled his decked-out rifle at the hulking teen, but paused just long enough for Sampson grab hold of the barrel and clamp it closed.

Misthios rocked his arm forward to reveal a hidden blade that whined with power. In one quick, precise strike, he cleaved the ruined barrel from the rest of the rifle, then stowed it under a cape behind him. Holding his vibrating arm-blade toward Sampson, Misthios calmly, firmly spoke: "I have no business with you, Sampson. This is your only warn--"

The Spartan turned as a set of electromagnetic projectiles plinked against his weapons and limbs. Misthios shifted, preparing to take down any targets that stood between him and his completed contract. Little did he know what the cylinders stuck to him were capable of as he sprung forward to cut Firewall down.

Kitsune, meanwhile, dashed past Sampson and through a group of panicking bystanders trying to flee. She coursed through them with grace and ease, her form practically contorting into liquid as she filtered around each without so much as touching them. That is, until she got to Mark. The teen was roaring with rage, his shirtless form lit with the darkly iridescent light of Hannah's newly formed galaxy blocking his path. He reached out to cross the starry moat but was tossed back when a spiraling arm of countless microscopic stars countered his movement. A thing of beauty and natural intensity, the galactic wall seemed to have a mind of its own, constantly moving and shifting to keep all life back and away from Adaptagirl, save for Firewall moments earlier. Try as he might, Mark wasn't getting by.

"Larry! Get that damn wall down!" Mark hissed at someone on the opposite side of Lady Anarchy's moat of cosmic power.

"I'm working on it, sheesh!" A voice called out from surprisingly close to Chroma. She and Rafael turned to find the third--and final--member of Mark's trio. This teenager was wearing a hooded robe, the bottom-half of which was hastily-cropped until it looked like a chic, frayed hoodie rather than its original form: the black neophyte robes of Halcyon City's most prestigious wizarding academy. Larry Cotter had flunked out after two years and had returned to MacIntyre High since. He was still bitter about his arcane education falling by the wayside, but he maintained that he was still an apprentice wizard despite the lack of credentialing. And now he was in the Warehouse, his back pressed up against a wall, his face illuminated with the hazy scarlet, gold, blue, and pale light from stars being birthed and dying in the matter of seconds; Larry flicked and swished his wand while chanting in the wizened tongue as Lady Anarchy's moat began to shift beneath the impromptu spell's weight.

Turning back to Rafael, Chroma loosed a frustrated growl. "Get out of here RIGHT NOW! I don't care if your skin is concrete, you get your ass up those stairs and out of here this instant! Jesus, no wonder Abby rejected you when you asked her out..." She had done everything but pick him up by the collar of his shirt, her gaze somehow more intense given that it was covered by a robotic helmet. Rafael's face twitched, the words like daggers scraping across tender bits of his insides; his body twitched, his fingers crunching down into balled fists. With his eyes still burning holes into her helmet, Rafael brought up his fists...

...and pushed her away, gently. He turned away from her and looked back to Lady Anarchy and Adaptagirl, both floating over the miniature galaxy like celestial gods. He watched as Lady Anarchy casually looked up to the ceiling and taking Adaptagirl's hand. She spoke, her voice rippling with Hope: [b]I know that you are just a Child. Please leave, I don't want to fight you," she spoke to Gravitas, the alien figure who had casually lifted up two A-List metahumans with telekinesis; Anvil and The Four still hovered aloft like ragdolls, each flailing around to try and escape Gravitas's mental grasp.

"I can fight. I can push them back. I can save you, at least..." Adaptagirl spoke, her voice broken and soft as luminous wings sprouted from her back. She was crying still, her tears falling like worlds encased in water as she took on Lady Anarchy's powers.

Hanniel gently shook her head, then cast a hand toward the sky. A perfect circle of light erupted forth in the Warehouse's ceiling as layers upon layers of concrete, metallic plumping and grating, and asphalt within the circle hovered upwards for a moment, each layer splitting and glimmering with power. Then, in unison, each layer of incandescent solid barricade simply spiraled open in a song of twisting metal. In an instant, a perfectly-symmetrical portal was opened to the outside world, with all the evening stars looking down on the pair with curious intent. So immaculate was the cylinder upward that even the twisted pipes had not given up their contents and, instead, had been repositioned into a workable design in a mere instant.

"No, no, no, that's no fun!" Gravitas responded to the escape-plan by limply motioning forward with their cerulean hand. Anvil suddenly, uselessly flapped his arms and legs about like a child learning to swim as he was hurled like a muscular bullet toward Hanniel and Adaptagirl. "Move, move, move...!" He shrieked, his otherwise gravel-grinding voice now an octave higher as he was helplessly flung toward the hovering heroes.

"That's it. I'm out," Rafael admitted with a punctuating nod of his head. "Your secret is safe with me, Aubrey. But, like...you didn't have to be a dick about it. Mark, give it up, man! We're nothing against them!" He shouted across the moat.

"Don't you d--!" Mark raged, then felt a slender, incredibly strong arm wrap around his neck and head. The last thing he would remember would be the smell of her perfume and the velvety-soft touch of her raven hair. Kitsune dragged Mark away from the galactic moat and away from the combat while Rafael retreated back up the stairs. Larry, on the other hand, was left without so much as a goodbye. Chroma could see that, without any update, he continued his spell to unravel Lady Anarchy's wall. If he succeeded, every one of the adult heroes, villains, and mercenaries would have full access to Adaptagirl.

Meanwhile, near Sampson, Firewall, and Kitsune: Adjudicatrix flexes against the mob pressing down against her. Each of the dozens of bystanders who had pulled her into quicksand-like pile and then leapt onto her were now straining to hold her down, their minds puppeteered by some unseen force, their eyes each blazing with an unblinking indigo light. The pile seized upward, the puppets straining to hold onto one another until, once again, the black-robed heroine burst forth from her would-be captors. This time, she hurled herself away and landed atop one of the untouched cages. "Get Adaptagirl out of here. Defiant, make sure she gets out. Leave Gravitas to us!"

"We've got it all under control!" The Four concurred as they helplessly floated a dozen feet above Lady Liberty. Grunting and groaning from effort, the Four started shooting out gouts of flame from their hands and feet until they were able to start zooming about above the Warehouse battlefield. Gravitas turned back from the Defiant heroes and focused on their waning control over The Four, who yelped, blasted out a mighty furnace of flames, and intentionally crashed down behind a pile of rubble. Gravitas shot out her hands toward the rubble and frowned as only the debris floated into the air--the Four zipped out of their sight once again just as another figure fell through the air in that direction.

The Four was crushed down into the floor as lupine claws tore into their chest. With one primal, savage slash, the werewolf ripped the Four's mask from their face along with slivers of flesh and blood with it. The Four howled, a furious sound that was all rage. And then there was no sound beyond the inferno: the Four placed a hand on the werewolf's chest and another over their snout and let loose all of their fiery fury in a blinding, acrid attack.

"...Fou--?" Adjudicatrix started, her voice oscillating between concern and horror as her partner set the furry figure aflame. She had no time to panic, though, as dozens more indigo-eyed figures gripped her ankles as Gravitas turned their entire attention to her. There was no escaping the puppets, not while the exit was blocked and their puppeteer was hidden.



OOC
Funny enough, I tried to make this as bare-bones as I could. Sorry for long posts, folks!

Rafael is retreating, and Mark is out of commission thanks to some lovely rolls. Larry is still working to dismantle the moat while Misthios is about ready to attack Firewall (but thanks to a bit of help from the Team, Firewall's electromagnetic cylinders have attached). Anvil is hurling straight toward Adaptagirl and Lady Anarchy! How do you deal with the hulk-sized bullet?! Firewall, how do you want to Unleash Your Powers against Misthios? Sampson and Kitsune, how will you react to the changing battlefield? Chroma, do you set your sights on Larry Cotter, or try your hand elsewhere?

This and more in the next Big Post of Masks: The New Generation!
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. GM for Odyssey of the Dragonlords (5e) and Frater Chad's Monster of the Week Multiverse (PbtA). Current Status: Let's Go!

Last edited by FraterChad; Apr 7th, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 01:34 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: 30696
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 30,709
Be Not Afriad
right-aligned image
Hanniel didn't take the time to respond, there wasn't any. Gravitas is throwing Anvil at them and Anvil is calling out. Shrieking out really - out of concern for others. It would have been touching if there were time to process it. Hanniel just wraps an arm around Adaptagirl and the golden wings give a might flap. Strictly speaking it's not needed, the golden light of the wings doesn't actually push against anything, but soon they're going up and through the hole to escape.

No words are spoken either as they go for speed. Possibly because things are going to fast anyway but either way she doesn't speak until there's a chance to slow down. Whether or not they make it outside first - well, that's up to Gravitas but when they do slow down they can speak.

"I don't want you to have too." she replies, her voice going normal for a bit.

"You were lost, we've just found you again. Let's not risk that.

Now, we're probably going to be followed. If you get a chance to hide, take it. I'll find you. Say, the top of the 2nd Tallest building in the City. Understand?
"

OOCSheet
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
=Apologies, Offline Life/Tech Issues Slowing My Posts.=
=Working On Catching Up.=
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB