twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2022, 02:30 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50106
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
2022 Kickoff
Happy New Year 2022!!
Working my way back to full function.

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy holiday season. I nearly did, right up to December 30th, when a muscle spasm in my neck pinched a nerve and made a right mess of my first few days of 2022. (Funny how Murphy's Law always works like that.)

BUT! I am healing, and I am working my way back to being fully active here as moderator and GM. I did pick up two 13th Age New Player Solo Games—none for ages and then two right in a row!—so I know I will be around at least once daily to update those games. Beyond that, it will be up to my crazy work schedule (yup, still ghostwriting and need to catch up there, too) and neck/shoulder issues to determine.
Old Apr 3rd, 2022, 07:46 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Spring 2022
Working my way back to full function. Again.

Life never goes the way you think it will. Case in point, just as I was starting to work my way back, I caught COVID (literally the same day I posted my last status update I started having symptoms, I kid you not), and it's been a rough few months. Now I'm stuck in post-COVID or "long COVID" where everything is exhaustion and brain fog. I'm not sick, I just tire so easily I might as well be a hundred and three for all my stamina. Can't even work, not with the way my brain regularly refuses to tell a story.

BUT! I am healing, and I am working my way back to being fully active here [again]. As moderator, I'm active nearly every day. As a player, I haven't posted yet. As a GM, likewise, though I'm talking about a two-player one-shot game for a couple people which might get me rolling.

Last edited by Aethera; Apr 3rd, 2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 06:04 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
Migraine
Nasty migraine. Back soon.

This migraine is refusing to go away with medication, which means it will take it's own sweet time going away, and I'm going to hate looking at screens in the meantime. I might get a chance to post, but probably not. Sorry. I hope to return shortly.

Last edited by Aethera; Apr 6th, 2022 at 06:04 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 12:31 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
Easter 2022
Active! Just slow...

It's a tiny milestone, but it's an important one to me. I just posted my first IC post essentially since the pandemic started. A thousand words of my character recuperating (and moping) after a massive injury. I can actually say I'm gaming again, though I'll be happier when I've kept up for a week or more.

I'm still dealing with "long COVID" symptoms along with my usual migraines and fibromyalgia, and the combination has me unable to work [yet]. At this point, 4 months and change after I was sick, I am going to assume this is my normal for the foreseeable future. I'd hoped the COVID symptoms would be gone after about three months. Since they're not, this could last a long time. I don't think there are stats yet on how long it can last, and it's clearly different for different people.

I think I'm at the "cross your fingers and hope" stage now, so I can't promise super-active posting, but I am here. I won't be gone for more than a day or two at a time without warning.
Closed Thread