Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25213
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
The Nine Heroes

Nine they were, under the three moons,
Children of a broken, bloodied world.
From every corner of Ansalon they came, even beyond,
Heroes in their desire to save a single soul.

Please add your applications here including a link to your character sheet once it’s ready. Thank you!
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 12:40 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3061
FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor
Isandril Moonsilver, Wizard of High Sorcery
right-aligned image
Name: Isandril Moonsilver
Race: Silvanesti Elf
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Solinari
Affiliation: Wizards of High Sorcery
Background: Scion of House Mystic (Noble/Sage)
  • Personality Trait: I am almost always composed and well-mannered, as is expected of and befits one of my upbringing. But if my patience has been sorely tested or my ire raised, the one responsible will regret it through either word or deed.
  • Personality Trait: Though not exactly a priority, fashion and style are definitely an important consideration. After all, an elf and mage of some standing should look the part and do so well.
  • Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. And the same holds true for the realization of my goals and aspirations.
  • Bond: My sister, my twin, traded her own life for mine and that is a debt I can never repay. Yet I am given the opportunity to at least try, for she cannot rest and calls for my help. And help her I shall.
  • Flaw: I am not always quite as open-minded and trustful, or even tolerant, of other races as I like to think. I truly want to and I try to be, but old prejudices are not that easy to excise it would seem.

Of Covers...: At five feet and ten inches tall and possessed of a slender build, Isandril, his youthful appearance belying the fact that he is over a century old, fits the image of the archetypical Silvanesti elf quite well with his beautiful features, fair complexion and silvery-white hair, the latter a somewhat common trait of his bloodline. His eyes, however, are... unusual. Once a vibrant hazel color, they are now green with what can be best described as blood red flecks speckled through the irises, an almost constant reminder of the price of his return to health. As far as clothing is concerned, the Silvanesti noble shows a distinct preference for tailored garments of usually elven craftsmanship, with his current ensemble consisting of an embroidered white shirt, a blue vest and a pair of gray pants, all made of fine cloth. A sleeveless soft leather surcoat with matching bracers and boots, as well as a blue hooded cloak with details in silver thread, serve to complement and complete his attire of choice. Other than that, the trappings of a mage, such as his spellbook and spell component pouch, are also usually not that far from his grasp.

...and Books: To call Isandril aloof would not be that much of a mischaracterization. Generally calm and in control, as well as courteous to others, he can nevertheless appear distant, especially to those not of his long-lived race. It would also not be too far from the truth to say that his experiences and losses served to harden him more than a little, even though he had never been the warmest and friendliest of individuals even before those events, at least not towards those he did not trust or consider friends or kin. Still, slow as he may be to open himself up to new acquaintances, he is neither unkind nor is he cruel, though on occasion he can be... unpleasant, usually when someone or something has given him cause to be. The return of his magic, however, as well as seeing his twin again, in spite of the nature of the meeting, have indeed made him hopeful once more and perhaps, just perhaps, that much easier to get along with. The change in him, even if it is not readily apparent, is there.

The Journey So Far:

All the World's a Stage:

Stat Block

Notes

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FCastor; Aug 3rd, 2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 02:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18260
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Application
The BasicsName: Devari Marossa

Race: I'm looking at Actor and Ritual Caster (Wizard) for now, but will look over the Dragonlance feats before deciding for sure.Variant human - of Ergothian (colonial) stock even though she lived her whole life in Nordmaar.

Background: With the false identity of Lady Veraline of Staughton (in Abasinia)Charlatan

Class: Going College of Eloquence.Bard
The Moral AxisAlignment: Chaotic Neutral

Deity: We did just fine without the gods so why should we start curtseying and grovelling now?None

Affiliation: None
The PersonalityTraits: I find that a simple smile disarms more effectively than any trickery with a sword. My sunny façade conceals a ruthless determination.

Ideals: Self-improvement. Although I was born a nobody, there is no reason for me to stay that way.

Bonds: My baby sister blames me for her death, I need to show her that I really tried to help her!

Flaws: I am my own worst critic and will agonise over every mistake I make. I just can't help but manipulate people, it's the only way I know how to behave.
The Creative Touch
right-aligned image
Appearance: The first thing that people usually notice about Devari is the shock of deep brown hair which seems to have a life of its own. It is wild without being out-of-control, much like Devari herself, and frames a face which seems built to smile. Her wide green eyes dance with mirth, her full lips rarely cover her white, even teeth and her high cheekbones overlook deep dimples.

Although charm has always been her first line of defence she has found that sometimes it is not enough, and so she has trained her body hard and is as graceful and nimble as any dancer. She is also comfortable in her leather armor and wielding a rapier, although each are used primarily as a deterrent.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

The MundaneFamiliarity: I read the Autumn/Winter/Spring cycle many times in my youth along with some of the origin stories of the Heroes of the Lance, in fact the one with Kitiara and Sturm was possibly my most read book at one point. I also seem to have picked up knowledge of the continuing adventures of the twins, although I'm pretty sure I haven't read those books so where that knowledge came from is a mystery.

Other than that I know nothing of the setting and this ad was the first I had heard of the Age of Mortals.

App Status: Complete

Last edited by Lazer; Apr 17th, 2022 at 03:35 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Truculent Troubadour

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26314
Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim
A New BeginningThe Basics

Character Name: Xihue

Race: Human from the continent of Taladas, in Northern Hosk.

Background: Xi started as a shepherd so his perception skills are keen. Meditation is a part of that experience which has further enabled his skill in perceiving his surroundings. Although he loves animals and lovingly cares for them, he was never as gifted in handling them as other shepherds were. Once he began his training in preparation for the spirit mission that he is on, Xi honed his acrobatic skills. It is a central part of the discipline that is required for his form of martial art. Since music is a key component to Xi's meditation, he carries a flute and capably plays the instrument as a personal pass time. He's quite skilled with it and rivals some of the bards he's encountered in his travels. Xi speaks the common tongue and a version of Tamire Elvish for it is said that one must understand their enemy's words in order to understand their thoughts.

Class: Monk, Way of the Sun-Soul or Way of the Open Hand. Either will work depending on the DM's need for balance (one for range, the other for close combat {close combat preferred}).
The Moral Axis

Alignment: True Neutral

Deity: Xi is a polytheist. He respects the gods and honors several including Kiri-Jolith who is called Qu'an the Warrior, Chislev who is called Jijin, Mishakal who is called Mislaxa, Nuitari who is called Ne'Ugiar, Solinari who is called Toyaqual, Zivilyn who is known as Xivyn, and Takhisis who is called Erestem.

In reverence to these gods, Xi wears a long sash that is woven in a pattern that bears the colors of each mentioned deity. The smallest representation is that for Erestem, represented by a thin, black line that is woven throughout the sash. That line expresses the potential for corruption that weaves its way throughout reality and which is always present, even when unbidden or banished.

Affiliation: Unaffiliated at the start.
The Personality

Traits:. Xi admires beauty in all things and will openly comment about art, poetry, or highly charismatic characters that he encounters. He's always looking for the beauty in everything.

As a shepherd's son, Xi has an affinity for animals, especially pets and domesticated livestock.

Ideal: Ascension. By perfecting himself in mind, body and soul, Xi seeks to Ascend to an enlightened state of being.

Bond: The Ascended Master was Xi's Great Grandfather. This is the spirit that has given Xi his visions and motivated him to travel so far from his home in the North. The Master is a revered figure in Xi's culture and is thought to have become a "brother to the gods" after having attained Enlightenment. The reality is that The Master fell just short of that goal and his lost soul has been trapped on this world, trying to complete that ascension (or, perhaps, assist one of his heirs to accomplish what he failed to do?).

Flaw: Xi feels compelled to have many children, highly valued by his culture, but has no desire to raise any of them. He believes that his seed is intended to be spread across the world and is willing to do that without any consideration for, or assumed responsibility for any lives he might impact or create upon his journey. There is no consideration for the consequences of his promiscuity.
The Creative Touch

Appearance:
right-aligned image
Lean and tall, Xi has a wiry, attractively muscled physique that distracts from his otherwise average appearance. His relaxed, stately bearing exudes a sense of confidence that typically belongs to royalty and people of stature or power. He is simply attired with bandage-wrapped hands and feet with leather-shod sandals. The most notable item of his clothing is a long, mostly brown, sash that winds its way from shoulder to waist where it ends as a obi-style belt. Although Xi's primary weapons are his hands and feet, he walks with a shepherd's crosier and will occasionally carry simple weapons like dao, tambo, emeici, ono, jutte, bian, Bō staff, kuwa, qiang, or kusarigama

Backstory: Of the five tribes that populate Northern Hosk, only one lives in the mountains that ring the Great Sea of Fire. These shepherds call themselves the Alan-atu and practice lives of meditation, enlightenment, and introspection to attain transcendence of the spirit. They are in a hostile land where few tools and weapons exist with which to defend themselves, their communities and their families, especially against the Tamire Elves. Hand-to-hand combat has been refined to an art form and the most exceptional warriors require only their focused consciousness for their bodies to become potent weapons. Xi was given a vision that he must travel an immeasurable distance South, into the foreign worlds beyond the mountains, to retrieve what is needed to save his people from an impending catastrophe. He has traveled alone, as his vision demanded, to arrive in the place where this adventure starts. He does not know why. He does not seek an answer to that question. Xi simply knows that he must be here, now, ready to learn what he must know.

As a boy, Xihue led a sheltered, quiet life. He tended the goats and sheep, fed the pigs and cattle, did his chores and helped to keep this family's modest home clean and orderly. At the age of 6, he began to have dreams that drove his parents to take Xi to the shaman where it was discovered that he was spirit-touched. Some powerful, beneficent ancestral force had a purpose that required Xi's assistance to effect. From that moment, Xi was trained by the most capable members of his community in order to broadly educate him in preparation for whatever task might be required. Eight years later, a vision appeared to nearly everyone Xi had met that told them that he was ready, that he was needed in a far-away place.

Xi's people are fairly remote and their interaction with other races has been limited with the exception of the unique Tamire Elvish folks who's cultural nature is more similar to his own than to traditional Krynn Elf races.

The next day, Xi was given gifts by the town elders, his parents, and the shaman. They sent him out, across the world, on his way to destiny.

Roleplaying Sample Any post I've ever written in the campaign we've shared under Wodine.

Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
The Mundane

Familiarity with the Dragonlance setting, the Age of Mortals and the adventure modules: I've read two or three Dragonlance books. Other than that, I've mostly played original, sandbox campaigns or Forgotten Realms, especially Neverwinter based stories.

Status of the application: complete

Become a Community Supporter.

Last edited by Black Jim; Apr 17th, 2022 at 08:31 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 04:23 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38758
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Talia Dawnstar
left-aligned image
Name: Talia Dawnstar
Race: True Kender
Alignment: CG
Class: Rogue (Inquisitive)
Background: Handler
Diety: Gilean
Personality Traits:
Nothing can dim my shine... even if I have to fake it.
Want some... get some. Bad enough... take some.
Ideal: The status quo is the enemy of knowledge. Truth must be tested and dogmatic thinking leads to inexorable decay.
Bond: The stars above, the trail followed by my father all his life now lead to nothingness. He wanders aimlessly, searching for the Dawnstar but the sky has changed... the map rewritten. I must show him the way.
Flaw: As above... so below... if there is astronomical knowledge to be gained... I would risk everything.

Appearance: Talia is a small, slender kender, quick with a smile, and blessed with even quicker fingers. Irrepressibly cheerful to the point of willful obliviousness at times, Talia goes through life in a search for a cure for the tragic affliction that has befallen her people. She prefers to be dressed in simple, loose clothing… a nice pocketed vest and some comfortable mucking boots. You never know when a sewer is calling your name.

Not yet twenty years of age, Talia retains the optimism of youth yet she is surrounded by a transformed Kendermore where happiness seems to be a fleeting notion most often buried under fearfulness and paranoia. Talia replenishes her happiness by filling her many pouches, hidden and otherwise.

History: Hailing from Goodlund... from what recently became known as the Desolation, Talia Dawnstar was weaned on the tales her father told her of the wonders of the Age of Starlight. Her father was a highly skilled navigator that sailed for the wealthy merchants of the Jade Coast. But that was before. Now her father and the rest of Talia’s family are gone, nothing but memories. The Dawnstar, the family namesake Talia was told, was a blazing sun that had burned its way across the sky and disappeared long ago… but destined to return.

While an exciting tale… it was something more for Talia’s father. He was certain that the Dawnstar would return. He became obsessed with the Dawnstar, creating detailed star charts as he tried to unravel the mysteries of the cosmos and the gods above.

Of course, Talia learned by his side, becoming infected with the same insatiable curiosity. Tagion Dawnstar was sure that impending catastrophe from above fast approached and as he fell deeper and deeper into his fears, he repeated a single phrase over and over. "As above… so below."

Role-Playing Sample:

The Mundane

Familiarity with the Dragonlance setting, the Age of Mortals and the adventure modules: I was a huge dragonlance fan when I was younger. The twins trilogy is one of, if not, my favorite books of all time. I have enjoyed diving back into the lore just to complete the application.

Stat Block

Last edited by Elanir; Apr 24th, 2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1879
Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar Hayar
The BasicsName: Kaylen Nightstone (born Kaylen Firehammer)

Race: Dwarf (Daewar)

Background: Mercenary Veteran

Class: Cleric (Twilight)

The Moral AxisAlignment: Chaotic Good

Deity: Mishakal

Affiliation: Holy Order of the Stars

The Personality
Traits: I take on the role of surrogate mother for my companions. I feel personally responsible for and fiercely protective of every one of them.

My emotions often get the better of me whether it is anger, joy, or sadness.

Ideals: We are nothing without each other. Alone we can only serve ourselves, together we can heal the world.

Bonds: I have forsaken my people to build a new life. But running could not change the past. My son is dead and his soul unable to move on. Is there any finer torture for a mother?

Flaws: Secular traditions and laws uphold the corrupt. I will do what I feel is right no matter what.

The Creative Touch
right-aligned image

Appearance: Kaylen is still young for a dwarf, though she carries with her the sorrow of a lifetime of experience. Her auburn hair is kept back in braids only a dwarf could have learned. Her skin is colored with so many years under the sun that most non-dwarves might mistake her for Neidar. But any Dwarf can tell from her strong, square features and large frame that she hails from deep inside the mountains. She is a bit smaller than many Dwarves, coming up to only a little over 4' but she carries her chainmail and shield as comfortably as her larger kin. Her garb is closer to a mercenary than a cleric of Mishakal. She does not wear white or blue, but instead only reveals her faith in the Medallion hanging around her neck. Kaylen has a compassionate face, often mirroring those she is ministering to, but it can transform into bright joy or knit anger as quickly as a spring storm. There is something comforting about her presence that goes beyond even her holy order. She doesn't speak of her motherhood, but it comes off her nonetheless in waves.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

The MundaneFamiliarity: I read the war of the lance trilogy and the twins trilogy and then some Legends books many, many, years ago. I had no idea there was so much after that and I'm trying to catch up. It's a lot, but hopefully I have the basics enough to give this a go!

Last edited by Hayar; Apr 21st, 2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 07:17 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11320
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Application - Blyne
right-aligned image

The Basics

Name
Blyne

Race
Irda

Background
Far Traveler (customized)

Class
Sorcerer (Clockwork/Divine Soul)

The Moral Axis

Alignment
True Neutral

Deity
None

Affiliation
None

The Personality

Traits
I consider the consumption of meat as barbaric and frown upon wearing an animal's coat as clothing.
I feel like my kind has lost their place in Krynn, which at times leads me to exasperation or impatience.

Ideal
A lack of familiarity and friendship can be compensated by ingratiating oneself with others. Pretense is only an affront if it's seen through.

Bond
My mother passed away in a natural accident before she managed to teach me all that I still needed to learn from her. I thought neither her soul nor I would ever find rest before the gods returned.

Flaw
I am secretly convinced of the superiority of my race and consider our reclusive nature justified by how the rest of the world acts.

The Creative Touch

Appearance

Backstory

Roleplaying Sample

The Mundane

Familiarity with the Dragonlance setting, the Age of Mortals and the adventure modules
I'm brand new to everything but I've started reading up quite a bit and am excited about this concept. I'm predicting that the character will be rather forgiving towards any gaps in my own knowledge.

Status of the application
Completed
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 02:49 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10007
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Application for ‘Dragons of a Broken World’
right-aligned image

Character Name: Aric Armitage (son of Robard Armitage, a hunter and woodcutter, and Myrrah Armitage, a barmaid – and former sorceress)

Race: Abanasinian (variant human)

Background: Inheritor (SCAG). Aric holds what he thinks is his late mother’s journal, though it is in fact her libram. He studies it every chance he can, though there is much he does not understand.

Class: Arcane Archer (fighter)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Deity: Though his father was not very religious, Aric was brought up by Robard to pray to Habbakuk, the god of hunters. His mother was a follower of Lunitari, though Aric does not know this.

Affiliation: Aric is unaffiliated but seeks magic user(s) who could help decipher his mother’s journal (though it is in fact her librum).

Personality Traits: I may not be brave on my own, but I can be brave for others. I have a curious nature and will go anywhere that seems mysterious. (custom)

Ideal: Equity: Just because someone is different, or starts off with less in life, or has different beliefs, does not make them less of a person. (custom)

Bond: Myrrah Armitage, Aric’s mother, was killed by who he was told were mage hunters. Aric feels a strong connection to her through dreams and through what he thinks is her journal.

Flaw: Anxiety: Aric becomes agitated by loud, angry voices, by abusive people, and in general by people who remind him of his father. This manifests itself in the form of a stutter when speaking.

Appearance: Aric has delicate features for a boy, much to the lasting chagrin of his barrel-chested and hirsute father. He has his mother’s dark auburn hair that hangs down to his shoulders, as well as her thin cheekbones and pale white skin. He does have his father’s height, standing tall and thin at 6’ 4”, as well as Robard’s sharp grey eyes, though Aric’s lack the hard look of disapproval that was so often directed his way.

Aric’s arms are long and thin, and they lack the coarse black hair that carpeted his father’s body. What other hair he has is largely thin and blonde, almost white. He wears plain peasant’s dress and a deerskin jacket that is too small for his tall frame. Most of his wardrobe has been crafted from skins of animals hunted by his father, but since the passing of Aric’s mother it has been a while since he had any new clothes. Aric is only fifteen years old and has yet to grow any noticeable facial hair.

Familiarity with Dragonlance universe: It’s been several years but I’ve read Autumn, Winter, and Spring a number of times, and I think I read Summer as well. I’ve read the Twins trilogy, and I have dozens more that I have yet to read that are just gathering dust on my shelf.

Application Status: Donezo

Posting status: slow. trying to make time for my games but real life continues to consume any energy I have. Thanks for your patience
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 10:08 AM
The Lord is my shepherd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5959
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
Tegan Uth William
right-aligned image
Name: Tegan Uth William
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (planning on Knight of the Sword)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Kiri-Jolith
Affiliation: Knights of Solamnia (Squire)
Background: Squire (based on soldier background)

Personality Traits:
Courage. When everything is overwhelming, facing fear head-on is often the best approach.
Faith. Kiri-Jolith guides my path, like my ancestors before me. That path may end in death, but it's my path.
Ideal: Honor. Est Sularus Oth Mithas. Tegan has taken the Solamnic Oath also known as the code. His father demonstrated this during his life and Tegan holds honor in the highest standard.
Bond: Tegan's father, William Uth Cedric, fell during the War of Souls. Tegan has had images of William flashing in his dreams. Although there are no words and the dreams are cryptic, Tegan is sure that his father needs him. Perhaps Kiri-Jolith is encouraging him to go and help.
Flaw:
Pride. Tegan has pride in his family, in the Knights, and in Kiri-Jolith. He is loathe to admit it, but when that pride is damaged, his temper can flare.
Naivety. At 26, Tegan has not travelled the world much. He has lived in Solanthus all his life, partially under the control of the Dark Knights when the Knights of Solamnia were expelled.

Appearance: Tegan is a tall man, approaching 6’3”. He has the bearing of a knight, broad shoulders and a strong arm. He has proud posture. His bright blonde hair flanks a joyous face. Optimistic in almost all challenges, Tegan’s brown eyes resonate brightly. His trim beard and strong jaw finish the look. He had clearly seen lean times but persevered through them.

His armor is well-maintained. His metal gauntlets rest on a sword belt. A round shield is swung across his shoulders. His sword is plain, but well-made. His father had taught him that a beautiful sword is just extra weight. The sword is balanced, with a finely honed edge.

His boots had seen some use but had plenty of life in them. Tegan had kept them well polished. In contrast, his pack sighed on his back. It carried enough to survive, but little more. It also carried a large bisons horn, a symbol or Kiri-Jolith, strapped to the outside of the pack. It was a gift from Tegan’s father, William.

Backstory: Born in 396 AC, Tegan was born into a well-off, but not rich, family. His father was a Knight of Solamnia, as was his father before him. Before that his family still had the honor of a knightly family, but they were smiths, forging arms and armor for the Knights. The gods were absent, but William taught Tegan of Kiri-Jolith anyways. With no gods, Tegan still had faith.

As a boy, Tegan dreamed of becoming a Knight. He had visions of grandeur, seeing himself at a column of knights, pushing back the wyrm Skie and his armies. He had little idea of the gruesome nature of war. It’s less acts of honor and glory, and more about perseverance, fighting for a cause, and hoping that favor shines upon you and yours.

Living in Solanthus, Tegan was able to train with a swordmaster from a young age. He knew that he would have the opportunity to present his case to the council and hopefully be granted the title of squire. This was granted when he was 19.

When Mina and her knights took the city, Tegan wished to go with the Knights on their march to Solace. It hurt his pride when he was told that he was not ready. His time had not yet come. His father marched South and Tegan was left at home. Not all was lost. Tegan was to care for his grandfather, Cedric, who had lived a rich, long life. He taught Tegan much about the values of being a knight. It went beyond the Measure, even beyond the Code. Being a Knight was not just a rank or following a set of rules. It was a way of life that was difficult, but also the most rewarding.

Tegan continued to practice his sword skills, practice his faith, and made sure that his grandfather was safe. He recently started having dreams of his father. They were just glimpses and images, but Tegan knew the worst had come. It wasn’t a fortnight later when a report came to their home that William had fallen in honorable combat. Tegan and Cedric were crushed. Gradually Cedric’s health worsened. Tegan stayed with his grandfather until his end. He died peacefully.

Shortly there-after, the gods returned. Tegan continued to have dreams of his father. The emotions related to the dreams became more urgent; more stressed. With all these events: the death of his father, then his grandfather, the dreams, and the return of the gods, Tegan knew that this was clear indication that the time had come to move forward. He hadn’t been ordered to leave, but he needed to prove himself worthy of the knighthood. That wouldn’t come staying at home alone.

Roleplaying Sample: Tegan awoke in a cold sweat. He sat up, breathing heavily. His heart raced and he slowly took stock of his surroundings. He scanned left to right, trying to determine what woke him. The dreams continue. I can feel father's call. As he thought this, he knew it wasn't the dreams that woke him. His dreams may be intense, but they had never woken him before. He sat for a moment, letting his heart slow as he breathed deeply. The scent of smoke filled the air. He had fallen asleep before extinguishing his small bedside candle. Wax had spilled onto his nightstand. He pulled the covers back and walked to the window. He cracked it, hoping for some fresh air. Tegan loved the cool, tranquil, evening air. It gave him great peace.

As Tegan gazed over the city from his second story window, he noticed the night was quite bright. Glancing up, his eyes locked on the presence of the bright moon. His grandfather had told him stories of Solinari. Tegan's stomach clenched and he blinked, forcing the shock down. The moon is... back? What does that mean? He sat on a stool and reflected on what he knew. In a moment of inspiration, Tegan prayed. He had been taught the sacraments of Kiri-Jolith by his father and grandfather. It had always been a ritualistic worship. They knew the gods had left, but they taught Tegan anyways. This prayer was different. As he prayed the ritualistic words, he felt something stir inside him. He faltered and couldn't remember the words. He felt... a call. He could sense a presence. Tegan couldn't define how he knew, but he could feel Kiri-Jolith. It was an odd but invigorating feeling. In that moment he knew. He knew it was time to set out. He knew not where, but he knew it was time. Retrieving his sword from the trunk at the foot of his bed, Tegan felt it's comforting and calming presence. He was far from an expert Knight, but his sword gave him peace. Feeling conviction towards his call, Tegan packed his belongings, ate a meager breakfast, donned his armor, and set out. In one hand he carried the bisons horn his father gave him to represent Kiri-Jolith. It gave him more comfort. He only wished his grandfather could have lived to see the moon return.

Familiarity with the Dragonlance Settings, the Age of Mortals and the adventure modules: I grew up to my father reading Dragons of Autumn Twilight to my brother and I as we went to bed. I loved the stoic and honorable Sturm Brightblade, uncompromising in his morals. I loved other characters too, but Sturm was definitely my favorite. I went on the read the first six novels multiple times (Dragons of Autumn Twilight - Test of the Twins). From there I have read lots of lore online, primarily to find out the end of the stories of the various Heroes of the Lance. For this application I have read a bit about the War of Souls, but do not claim to really be super knowledgeable (very open to correction).

I also played in my father's pathfinder port of the original Heroes of the Lance game. Surprise, surprise, I played Sturm Brightblade (and later Tanis).
1 Tim 1:12-17
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. - Praetor Fenix
A sword wields no strength unless the hands that holds it has courage.

Last edited by Tommyk382; Apr 19th, 2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 07:23 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4705
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
right-aligned image
Character Name: PnoahyghFrugwarrynKelgrimTwistpatchBilminCobblesto neVorkasBellowFerntowinGlitterbellVorgrimSwiftfron tTratorMeesgastoyBarbamplenEmplexorynHemblenambleS alstonMakkaneckNesyurSembledemble Seheppen ...SHORT version!: Oh. Pnoah.
Race: Tinker gnome
Background: Guild Artisan
Class: Artificer (Armorer)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Reorx
Affiliation: Technical Guild
Traits: I always want to know how things work and what makes machines tick. I also like to talk at length about my profession, though most non-gnomes don't seem to listen for very long, for some reason.
Ideal: Aspiration. I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.
Bond: I've had disturbing dreams lately of my Uncle Thosh. He appears to be in a foggy, withered landscape, and in anguished torment, though I can't tell if it's physical or mental pain. It's not unusual for a gnome to have an uncomfortable afterlife, at least until the Life Quest is completed, but Thosh's Life Quest was to discover the breaking point of the tensile strength of the steel used in the type of spring that killed him, and the Council declared the quest complete. It's disturbing to think that even a completed Life Quest won't grant eternal rest.
Flaw: I'm never satisfied with what I've done — I always want to improve. Bigger! Better! Faster! Larger explosions!
Appearance: Pnoah is a young gnome, with few of the wrinkles associated with gnomes who spend decades squinting at intricate devices, or the scars that come when such devices inevitably explode. His sideburns are beginning to come in, though it'll be decades more before it forms a proper beard. His black hair is 'styled' in the usual gnomish fashion of a bird's nest and his dark eyes glitter with intelligence, curiosity, and mirth. Rather small and slight of build, even for a gnome, he still has a sense of verve and virility, and nearly boundless energy. His hands are slender and clever, though calloused and decorated with various cuts, burns, and bruises from his work, which he completely ignores, particularly when he's working. His voice is still clear and soft; it will take years of breathing in smoke and dust, and yelling over the noise of invention, before it achieves proper gruffness. Though he keeps himself clean on a fairly regular basis, it doesn't take long at all to become covered once again in stains from oil, grease, and dirt. His clothing looks like a mechanic and a blacksmith used it for a game of tug of war, and his belt and pockets are stuffed with all manner of tools, parts, connectors, and the occasional sandwich.
Backstory: The god Reorx, having forged the world, took a number of men with him over the seas to learn his crafts and help him complete his...

Abbreviated!

...work. *sigh* Fine.

Pnoah1 hails from Mount Nevermind2, the seventh child and fourth son of father Alzu3 and mother Eiliceli4,5. He was just a baby when the red dragon Pyrothraxus captured Nevermind, but he has almost no memory of the event. He did, however, grow up under the rule of the evil dragon, until the dragon finally had its fill of constant pestering, requests for testing, attempted interviews about its lineage and history, and...in one bold case...an attempt at retrieving a still-attached scale (Pnoah and his repair crew was quite busy repairing the damage caused by the dragon's indignant wrath). As he grew up, he showed early aptitude for design, analysis, and repair of mechanics and devices. While perhaps not quite as prestigious a talent as some of the others, there was certainly no shortage of work for a repair expert in a gnomish settlement, where a project isn't considered successful unless it breaks spectacularly. Pnoah was able to hone his combat skills at the same time, as it is quite dangerous to try to get a gnome to allow another gnome to make repairs on someone else's machine. Usually, the machine to be repaired is damaged further or completely destroyed in the ensuing "discussion", which actually turns out quite well for both gnomes: Pnoah has more to repair, and the other gnome usually takes this as a sign to start completely from scratch.

Pnoah also applied his repairing skills to Nevermind itself. Between the frequent explosions, runaway clockworks, weapons development, and maladjusted gnomeflingers...not to mention being inside a semi-active volcano...there are always plenty of repairs, excavations, and reinforcements that need to be done, and Pnoahygh's clan was among the gnomes who first responded to the terrible aftermath of both Cataclysms. In fact, Pnoahygh's Uncle Thosh was a casualty of one of the measures installed by the gnomes to prevent Cataclysmic damage, due to a broken shock-absorbing spring whipping through him and essentially reducing him to gnomish curly fries. The blotter containing his remains sits proudly on the family hearth. Pnoahygh himself was a burgeoning guild member who helped rebuild Nevermind after the attack of Pyrothraxus, continuing the family tradition of repairing what the outside forces of the world came in and broke.

Pnoahygh is now thirty winters old, and would like to venture out to give his designs some practical field testing before returning to Nevermind to settle down and start a family. Also, he has been having disturbing dreams of his uncle lately, dreams that suggest that there is a need to find answers to the question of the gods. He has no delusions about being a hero, and no desire for the bards to compose heroic epics to his bravery. But he knows how to research and he knows how to fix things. Maybe he can get a few answers. Or at least enough notes to submit a fully-annotated thesis on his discoveries.

Familiarity with the Dragonlance Setting, the Age of Mortals, and the adventure modules: Significant familiarity. I have read the first nine DL books several times, though it's been a few years. Also read quite a bit of the supplemental materials, including Leaves From the Inn of the Last Home. I think I even played a Dragonlance MUD once...lol. I read one of the DL modules for AD&D long ago, but don't remember it much and never actually played it. No familiarity with Age of Mortals.

"The truth is, you're the weak and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." ~ Jules, Pulp Fiction

Last edited by Andor; Apr 20th, 2022 at 03:45 PM.