Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > The Library > Short Story Competition
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 5th, 2022, 11:54 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2768
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
I'm currently doing 100 Themes. myself. I hope you didn't think I was implying you purposely limited things. I was just stating possible views that may be or have been a factor.

I like the poll idea. I was just suggesting a alternative option. I've noticed lots of things waning like games. threads ect.

Sometimes doing things differently brings back interest.

Well I can't say I'll always be interested in writing. But I can say I'd be up to do some. As it's one of my things. like art and martial Arts. Anyway ty for responding. And let me know if it does come back.
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 11:56 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
umm I don't count my words.... lol net I'd get dq'd allot...

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Apr 1st, 2022 at 09:46 AM.
Old Mar 24th, 2022, 02:49 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hi all for those of you who like to read book 2 of C.A.T.S is finished and up. Enjoy.
Old Mar 24th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10935
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Haing less regular small contests seems like a cool idea, as im sure the audience of people with enough time to read so much so often is small. I wonder if there could be a bookclub mashup somewhere in the idea soup?

On a personal note, no idea if I'd enter, but 100% in support of any community engagement projects *waves a littleflag*
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
crowmadillo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
So! As a motivator, why don't I offer to run a single writing challenge this summer, likely with a theme of "summer" or "sunshine" so everyone has plenty of time to think on what they might like to write.
I'm all about writing very short fiction. If the site runs a 500-3000 word story event over the summer, I'll submit something, barring unforeseen calamity.
Old May 5th, 2022, 12:55 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50106
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
I'm definitely planning a summer competition, crowmadillo—welcome! It's good to see a new face around here. I'm finishing an announcement that will include a link to this thread, so hopefully we'll see more folks showing up to explore!

If you're new here, welcome! This is a general conversation thread for the Short Story Competition, which was retired until now. If the summer challenge goes well, we'll see about getting more competitions going. I'm thinking one every three months or so would be my sweet spot.

The Summer Challenge will be posted June 1st!
Old May 6th, 2022, 05:16 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
hmmm....
Old May 15th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4265
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Hi Aethera,

A summer writing contest sounds awesome! I have a question which you may or may not be able to answer yet. Can the fiction, I assume it’s fiction you’re looking for, be an original story that looks at an aspect of already written work? As a few examples, can one write about Conan’s unknown cousin and how she stole the Rod of Ruling from an evil king or the actions of one of Doriath’s warriors as he bravely defends her borders after the Nirnaeth Arnoediad? This allows one to use an already established setting for one’s original fiction. If that is even what you are looking for this year.

Last edited by Ildrahil; May 15th, 2022 at 10:20 AM.