Game Thread Chapter 1: Hiram's Dream - Page 13 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Origin > Rise of the Old Ones
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old Apr 3rd, 2022, 07:00 PM
Eviltedzies's Avatar
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies is online now
Valor Morgahlis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14218
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Posts: 8,515
Nemo Giovanni:
left-aligned image
The cold bite of the winter wind sent a biting chill across the Nemo's cheeks as he stepped out of Azrael. While the other's gazes swept the area, the pale man's black eyes saw only the fresh snow of the immediate area; and yet, his other senses painted a vivid picture in elegant strokes of scents and sounds. Dressed in a somewhat overly elegant cold weather attire, Nemo stood out from the other more practically dressed companions. What gave him away was the lack of emotion behind the workings of his facial features. A large scar, years healed by that point, ran down the man's right eye and sharply curved into his lip. The old wound seemed to give him the appearance of an eternal scowl, though judging by his less than enthusiastic reaction to the groups arrival one might wonder if the scar really had anything to do with his current countenance.

With a few calculated strides away from the group, the pale man knelt in the snow and gingerly rubbed snow and ice between his finger before bringing them to his nose. It was not until he rose that what little light that lingered this far north managed to cast the man's shadow into proper perspective; or rather, to reveal the unsettling differences between the man and his shadow. Whereas the man's details were sharp and clear, his shadows were blurred and wavy. Each motion the man took seemed not always mirrored by the black pall he cast upon the earth. In further contrast, whereas the man's hands were empty, his shadow's seemed to grasp some tome shaped object at all times.

At the mention of a feline of some sort, the pale man's gaze shifted towards the direction the monstrous winged man and the small child had indicated. Despite no immediate reply from the man, he calmly began walking towards the direction of the feline, pausing once he had come within roughly sixty feet. In that moment, the man's black eyes seemed to finally show some focus squares on the feline's person. "There you are."


 

 
__________________
~ To be alive is not to live; living requires reaching beyond survival for something more. Reach for that something and find what dreams breath life into your existence. ~
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 12448
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,071
Aza
right-aligned image
Unsure about what had happened to her and rattled by the appearance of the motley crew Azazel tried to hide her discomfort by carefully grooming herself and her raven wings. As she straightened a few stray feathers, the cat spied unobtrusively on the creepy posse. The only normal looking among them were the hobgoblin, the blind man and the woman wearing the … let’s name it a child, if one could call a spook that gave off serial killer vibes a child. Aza tried to keep her hackles from raising and act just as an ordinary cat would. Poised, relaxed and innocent -nah not innocent- completely unbothered by the behaviorisms of lesser beings. At least the half-metal man looked manlike as opposed to the - What the hell is that thing? - tentacled freak. She was used to being around monsters. Hell, she even was one, but this… It looked like something from a fever dream she had after eating the brain of a woman who had partaken in the flesh of a dancing bovine. The cerebrum had a mushy texture, but hungry as she was, Azazel had ignored the warnings of her common sense and had gobbled the gyrations down faster than one could say "Oh ****." When she had finally recovered thanks to Vera’s tender administrations, kept off the brains for a few years before cautiously returning to her habit. They were so jummy. And sometimes the act of eating a brain triggered a rush of memories not her own.

Azazel had been so lost in thoughts that she did not react to the threat of using her as an hors d’oeuvre. The fact that her thinking process was covered with ethereal cobwebs did not help either. The cat did not notice Scarface creeping up on her until he said "There you are." She could not suppress a reflexive jump onto the window sill of the… mansion. It all came back to her. The Moot, the aimlessly wandering about in the mansion, the spiders, the crazy fat man, Alecto...
"Alecto!" The cat yelled, hoping her companion, her only friend could hear her and snap the mental shackles that gripped her and get out of this haunted place. Aza knew that if she went back in there alone, the chance of coming back out was non-existent.

Meanwhile back in the house, Alecto was lost in memories of better times, of days when things were simpler, easier. The wonder of her first spell succeeding, the love of her mentor, his death that had left a hole in her soul for so long, till a young girl finally crossed her path. "Aza." Alecto could almost hear the cat call her name. Cat? Absentmindedly she brushed away cobwebs on her meandering path through the house as another peal of laughter rang through the house. Every time the witch had met the fat man an inner sense of dread arose, as if his mere presence indicated danger, even death. Not wanting to risk it, Alecto turned around and looked for another route away from the windows.

With the fog lifted of her mind, Aza could almost feel her friend turning away from her. The fat man's laughter was proof to her that the haunt did not want to release Alecto willingly. The cat could easily set the place ablaze but that could mean a certain death for her companion and she did not think Alecto would appreciate being burned to a crisp for a second time. Maybe, the newcomers could help her. Regaining her composure Aza jumped lightly down from the window sill and stepped daintily up to the blind man. "Here I am. I need your help to free my friend from this haunted house."

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2022
RPXP: 12069
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 7,966
Wuzruz, the Bringer of the Word
right-aligned image


Wuzruz was yelling at one follower or another as his flock slowly disembarked from the belly of Sarik, the great Wurm of the Yellow Sign. Wuzruz gestured and waved with his ax as he yelled one thing or another at the goblinoids, orcs, and trolls running about. He was mostly ignoring the panther by the door until it began to speak suddenly. A panther speaking?! How could such a thing happen?

Wuzruz stopped what he was doing and slowly turned towards the panther with his mouth hanging partially open. A talking panther... Was it perhaps a nature spirit? Or maybe an aberrant of the great ones that came before? He must ask it... ask it? Ask it. Wuzruz began to walk towards the strange winged panther, his large ax making a rent in the ground where he dragged it behind him absent mindedly. The great red eye that floated unblinkingly behind him also seemed to be boring into the soul of the strange creature sitting there, it's red glow pulsating rapidly as it grew closer.

Wuzruz cocked his head as though listening to someone unheard as he approached the panther, the voices within his head had begun to chatter their words of wisdom and insanity to him. 'Let the panther rot on the posts of this place, let us burn it around him and send this place straight to the abyss!' one of the more crazed voices began to yell, 'Noooooo, do not harm it, the panther could be useful. call it friend and feed it and it will stand by you... it can be devoured later.' a much softer and feminine voice purred. 'Slay it, rip it, eat it, gnaw it, bite it! The others call for it's blood, they demand it, they beg for it! Kill it!' said a raging voice, filled with hate. Then another voice whispered sinisterly; 'Slip into it's mind and devour it's thoughts. Slip in and place the seed of the great ones. Let that grow and grow until the old one within bursts from the flesh of it's weak form and rises to the stars....'

Wuzruz muttered to himself in answer to the calls that none but he could hear. He muttered and growled, his eyes showing a far away look in them as he got closer to the strange panther. When he finally stopped in front of the strange cat, his odd eyes refocused on it and he cocked his head in some confusion; "Wuzruz does not know why a panther is talking. Wuzruz can hear the words of eternity and they seek your blood. What kind of talking panther draws the ire of the eternal ones? Wuzruz would hear you before deciding on your fate." As Wuzruz speaks, Aza could see small tendrils that seemed to writhe and squirm periodically beneath his translucent skin as strange tattoos of incomprehensible forms seemed to flow around his body, slowly and with purpose.



ooc




 


__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; Apr 12th, 2022 at 10:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 12448
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,071
Aza
right-aligned image
Enter the freak. Aza thought as the massive Orc-thing approached, his axe carving a furrow in the earth, his pet-eye following in his wake. She recognized his almost unintentional threatening stance and smirked her teeth bare. Amateur. The ghoul was willing to let it slide, since she needed their help, but when the tower of muscle began about the voices in his head and their malicious intentions with her, Aza realized she could not let it pass. It was an eat or be eaten world and she was used to doing the eating.

The cat felt for her connection with Alecto. It was strenuous, but still workable. At least she hadn't wandered off too far - yet. While stretching her front legs, Aza had a good look at her target. Tall, muscular, a gleam of madness in his eyes. She had encountered madness before - Torquemada's. Before his transformation it was a more calculated, coldhearted, single-purpose insanity. Yet the Orc's derangement seemed more unstable, more volatile. One spark and havoc would ensue. The ghoul realized she had to tread carefully when telling his voices to go suck on someone else's marrow.

With a single flap of her wings Aza was aloft. Slow, rhytmic movements of her wings kept the cat hovering at a height where she could look Wuzruz in the eye. "A panther? Really?" The cat kocked her head to the left. "You would wish I was a mere panther." Het voice deepened, developed an echo capable of raising hackles. Shadows swirled and started to cling to Aza's hovering form, rapidly increasing it until she towered over the freakish Orc. A star spangled darkness filled her orbitae, radiating an alien chill as Aza gazed down on Wuzruz. "A word of advice, little man." The huge cat settled down on her haunches. "You might want to tell the blabbering voices in your head to back off. I haven't eaten in days and they sound like good appetizers." A quick flick of a tongue past foot-long incisors strengthened her point.

And with that the shadows dissipated leaving a normal sized winged cat in their wake. Aza looked up at Wuzruz, while licking her front paw. "Now, are you going to help save Alecto? If not, step aside."



 

__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Battlechaser; Apr 17th, 2022 at 01:18 AM. Reason: replaced strike fear with initimidate Wuzruz
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 12:20 AM
SelfAwareNPC's Avatar
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC is offline
Sane in an insane world
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2022
RPXP: 2235
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Posts: 1,186
Anomalous Kitty
left-aligned image

Slow steady footsteps seem far heavier than the stoic soldier would seem come crunching through the snow toward the gathering as his goggled eyes scan about the horizon for further dangers, rifle held at the ready in both hands, lingering about his waistline. Their transport, the mighty Azrael, airship turned robot stands contentedly awaiting orders behind them as Mikhail goes to find out why they've decided to land so soon.

Seeing them all gathered about a window with some kind of smack-talking winged cat seems to generate a disappointed *tsk* from the mandroid. It seems the team has gotten distracted once again from the main-mission.

"Ma'am," he addresses Veronica as his superior. "Are we landed in order to rest the night, or to pick up another stray?"

He has a flat, emotionless monotone way of speaking that could easily be read as respect or annoyance.

His gaze turns to Aza, whom he seems to do a double-take.

"Oh. Oh my," he mutters, his interest suddenly perking up once his HUD begins analysis, turning up nothing. In curiosity, he begins to fidget with his equipment, changing settings in his goggles, and activating a device within his belt that puts up a vaguely yellowish geomatra field.






ACTIONSMOVE: To Gathering, assess newcomer
REACTION1: Identify Aza, Monster ID, Perception -5
Dice Roll:
1d20+22 (7)+22 Total = 29
Monster ID,
Dice Roll:
1d20+20 (10)+20 Total = 30
Spellcraft ID
STANDARD: Activate Mystic Shell, 1SP
REACTION2:
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (17)+11 Total = 28
Will Save vs Illusion
SWIFT:
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (2)+11 Total = 13
Will Save vs Illusion, if needed. Burning an aegis.
REACTION3: Identify Aza, Monster ID, Perception -5
Dice Roll:
1d20+22 (12)+22 Total = 34
Monster ID,
Dice Roll:
1d20+20 (12)+20 Total = 32
Spellcraft ID

OOC: Don't mind his overt precaution and curiosity. Also, NOT a metal-man. He's a nano-tech synth, with metaline endoskeletal structure. Appears as flesh, save for some lined incisions and placid expression. See description of app.

__________________
Business is good. Means I am down to 3 posts/week per forum, maybe more. Please be patient with me, and skip if necessary. Thank you, you Awesome DMs you.

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Apr 17th, 2022 at 01:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 12:17 PM
Eviltedzies's Avatar
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies is online now
Valor Morgahlis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14218
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Posts: 8,515
Nemo Giovanni:
left-aligned image
The feline creature's sudden verbalization did not seem to strike Nemo by surprise. The experience of his years had raised that bar far higher than most; and yet, the man still deigned to raise a single eyebrow in curiosity at the sight. A strange sentient creature simply wandering upon the outskirts of the cursed manor was not quite what he had expected; then again, neither had he expected to ally himself with the likes of Wuzruz.

As if on cue to match pace with Nemo's thoughts of the man, Wuzruz approached and incorrectly associated the feline as a panther. Not that such was anything new, but even Nemo recognized the feline was something far more interesting than a mere panther. To be fair to Wuzruz, Nemo himself could not pinpoint the creature's true species but what Nemo could easily tell was the magical power flowing through the being. An assessment quickly given further evidence as the feline drew forth its font of power to conjure an intimidating illusion as it focused a threatening glare upon Wuzruz.

Nemo wondered for a moment if the display was wise given Wuzruz's penchant for sudden bursts of violence; that said, Nemo decided it was prudent to intervene. The creature may yet have knowledge that could prove useful. Calmly approaching the feline creature, Nemo chimed in with a cold tone that sat juxtapose to his attempt at seeming diplomacy. "It would serve you well not to anger that one. His mind is chaotic and prone to fits of violence and fancy." Stopping before the feline, the scarred man made no overt motions with both hands calmly at his sides. "You seek a companion among the haunted manor? Then our goals may align. We seek to explore this place." Holding out one hand as though to let the cat sniff him, Nemo introduced himself. "I am Nemo. If you have any knowledge of this place or those who have come before us we would hear it."


 

 
__________________
~ To be alive is not to live; living requires reaching beyond survival for something more. Reach for that something and find what dreams breath life into your existence. ~

Last edited by Eviltedzies; Apr 22nd, 2022 at 12:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 12:20 AM
LeoByron's Avatar
LeoByron LeoByron is offline
Wraith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 30th, 2022
RPXP: 25170
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Posts: 5,698
Stranger ThingsThe companions disembarked from their various conveyances and took in the sight that was Morningspire Manor. The building stood near the front of a large walled estate and the gardens they spotted behind the structure seemed to have once been more than a little opulent and possessed of some measure of grandeur. The wilds had taken them now, however, as brambles, vines and weeds crawled over and around the trellises with their frozen frigid growths. The manor fit its name well enough with its tall central spire which twisted up several hundred feet over the central wing with two smaller towers adorning the east and western ones. The place seemed intact at first glance, but vines had begun to crawl up the eastern and southern sides of the building, leaving the place with an abandoned feel.

To Wuz, Veronica answered simply:

"I am not certain Hiram can be tracked... You may attempt what augurs you want, but I suspect they won't work through the defenses of an Overseer."

The air about the front yard seemed unnaturally still and as the great worm undulated its way towards the front path, the companions came upon the feline intruder who soon set herself upon Wuzruz in some fit of defensive hissing. Some magic effect enveloped it and seemed to grow its size as it sought to measure up to the large Orc and cast a fearful gaze upon those around her.

Wuzruz felt the full measure of the cat's fearful presence but before he could be provoked into fight or flight, Vivian cast her soothing overtones of calm over her friend, cooing softly to him as she flew from her mother's arms to his great shouldersVivian casts Restore Senses on Wuzruz, removing all fear effects.*.

Veronica, her nose crinkling in annoyance at the feline's brazen attempt to provoke Wuzruz, stepped forth and spoke, though her voice carried none of the emotion which had so briefly flashed across her delicate dark features.

"You would do well not to provoke Wuzruz like that. We do not intend to harm you and have come to seek the occupants of Morningspire Manor, should they still inhabit this place."

To Mikhail's question she said simply:

"This place is our destination. Hiram was seen entering this place with the twins and has not been seen to exit. Whatever strays we may or may not pick up remain entirely incidental."

Veronica cast her gaze about the decrepit grounds and wild foliage and seemed doubtful that this place might house any of its former residents.

"You seek Alecto? Who is that? Your owner or your friend? Are you a familiar? We can certainly help you find her since we do need to make our way inside."

A shadow loomed over the dawning sun, then, and cast a gloom upon the place which did not quite seem natural. The cold which sapped at their flesh from the environment seemed suddenly to sup upon their very spirits as each member of the little gathering felt their spine begin to shiver with unnatural cold. A strange numbness seemed to infiltrate their minds as a subtle confusion began to infuse itself in everyone's mind. Suddenly it became difficult to remember the purpose of their visit or even the location they had currently reached.

"Why were we here, again? I can't quite seem to remember..." Veronica said, turning to Nemo for some guidance as to what to do next.
OODM
 
__________________
“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.”
― George Gordon Byron (Lord Byron)

Last edited by LeoByron; Apr 26th, 2022 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 11:56 PM
SelfAwareNPC's Avatar
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC is offline
Sane in an insane world
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2022
RPXP: 2235
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Posts: 1,186
Stranger and Stranger Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Stranger Things
Veronica, her nose crinkling in annoyance at the feline's brazen attempt to provoke Wuzruz, stepped forth and spoke, though her voice carried none of the emotion which had so briefly flashed across her delicate dark features.

"You would do well not to provoke Wuzruz like that. We do not intend to harm you and have come to seek the occupants of Morningspire Manor, should they still inhabit this place."
Mikhail is quick to interject against his supposed superior officer's grim warnings and even Nemo's who both seem to have been cowed by the forceful personality of Wuzruz. By virtue of being an outsider force member, he answers to an even higher cause.

"Do NOT feel intimated by the war-orcs lack of decorum. He seeks to destroy the world, and you would do well to take up issue with him. Still, his abilities are useful to our cause, and he can easily be destroyed if he were to turn on us, according to my calculations. HE is not the leader of this group, and certainly not liked by the majority," he offers the cat.

Freedom of one's own willing expression and judgement should be paramount, or so he thinks, somewhere in the deep recesses of his own positronic brain. "Should you choose to join us once we have aided you, know that there are higher forces in play to ensure the safety of this world. So speak freely, and without fear of consequence," is all he cares to offer at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
"This place is our destination. Hiram was seen entering this place with the twins and has not been seen to exit. Whatever strays we may or may not pick up remain entirely incidental."
There is almost an expression that passes for delight when it comes to the synthetic-man's expression, but it is fleeting.

"Marvelous. Good to finally be getting somewhere in this mission," he expresses, dryly.

Meanwhile, the dancing geomatria field he had errected previously flickers, changing into an even more translucent yellow as he seems to have encuntered some form of magic.

"Oh my... We are most certainly under some form of assault..."


ACTIONS
REACTION:
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (18)+11 Total = 29
Base Will Save DC 28
STANDARD:
MOVE:
SWIFT:

OOC: I remember my last erased drunken post taking issue with Wuzzies approach of intimidating others into submission. Still doesn't stand right with me sober, especially when backed by DM. Requote, "Not Cool, man"

It's a matter of player autonomy, principle, and dignity. No one wants to be another's Bitch. That's why the rules themselves state PC are immune to bluff, diplomacy and intimidation of other players.

And again, this is Wuzzie being Wuzzie. I get that. And perhaps Veronica being Veronica, being caught up in a Stoclkholm sydrome abusive relationship in spite of her being a deep-down good person.

But let players make their own decisions please.
__________________
Business is good. Means I am down to 3 posts/week per forum, maybe more. Please be patient with me, and skip if necessary. Thank you, you Awesome DMs you.

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; Apr 27th, 2022 at 01:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:32 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 12448
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,071
Aza
right-aligned image


With a satisfied smirk Aza let her fear clutch Wuzruz’s mind and give it a gentle squeeze, only to have it slapped aside by the spooky little girl. The cat started to snarl in disappointment, but remembered in time she needed their help to free Alecto. So she hid her dismay in a hacking cough as if to regurgitate a hairball. With a final effort Aza spit out the partially digested remains of a hunting spider. "There. Better." Looking up at Nemo, she flicked her wings softly as if to convey a feeling of Duh. Off course, Aza knew the mountain of meat was dangerous and volatile, she could almost smell the madness as it radiated from him - a curse, a taint that felt like a swarm of bloodsuckers crawling over each other under the cover of an oily sheen. Her knowing eyes crossed Veronica's, who seemed to be the unofficial leader of this ragtag band. Morningspire Manor. What was it that they said at the Moot? The other man- who she first thought to be composed of metal, but only acted emotionless like a golem - was the first to counter the sussing ways of the other two and to give away some details of their mission. So Aza denied him she is a cat after all.worthy of receiving the first answer. "You have no idea what forces are at play here." And neither do I? Who is leading them? Why are they searching the same as the Moot?

Her train of thought was interrupted as something in Veronica's remark struck a sensitive nerve. "Do I look like a familiar to you? Alecto is my friend!" Aza smirked. "She saved my live more than once. I need to save her. There is something in there that does not belong here. Some sort of fat ghost with axes. Maybe he murdered the Morninspires? …." As the mental cloud once again tried to cover her consciousness, Aza cursed. "Not again..." It took everything she got, but she was able to shake off the mind-deadening influence. "Watch out, it's a mental attack. If you let it win, you'll feel like your head is filled with cottons."



 

__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old May 8th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Nosferatu
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2022
RPXP: 12069
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Posts: 7,966
Wuzruz, the Bringer of the Word
right-aligned image


Wuzruz looked around in confusion for a moment from the panther to the house beyond it, then shook his head for a moment as some obvious sorcery was thrown at him. Panthers couldn't talk and couldn't use magic, so there had to be someone inside of this house that was casting spells upon them. Wuzruz nods thanks to Veronica as she dispelled whatever foul magic was thrown his way by the infernal sorcerer that dared to challenge him. As the others chatted back and forth, Wuzruz focused on finding the source of the magics coming his way, as the tendrils beneath his skin crawled more rapidly and the tattoos upon his flesh moved more quickly.

Wuzruz gives a chuckle at the words of the priest of the broken god and speaks quickly and to the point; "Wuzruz does lead this group and only seeks the salvation of this world. Let not the words of the iron priest deceive you, the broken god seeks the end of all things and would have already done so had he not been dismantled by the gods that came before." Wuzruz continues to watch the mansion before he finally sees the sorcerer. A figure in dark robes with glowing eyes moves from one window to the next, and Wuzruz can hear the whispering threats from the sorcerer as he prepares his next spell. Then with a fervernt cry, Wuzruz launches himself forward at the mansion with a howling warcry as he goes, great ax in hand; "Wuzruz calls you to arms, a sorcerer attempts to harm us, in the mansion there, I have seen it! Wuzruz must act quickly lest he get more of his foul illusions off!"

Wuzruz launches himself past the panther, whom the sorcerer in the mansion has obviously been using as a puppet to speak words through. Some person called Alecto was a friend of the sorcerer, Wuzruz would have to kill him too. Wuzruz charged forward towards the mansion as a strange magic descended upon them. As Wuzruz got close to the house, he slowed to a halt before it and seemed to begin to smash his head into his ax 14 damage to selfrepeatedly for some strange reason, while at the same time the ax is immune to confusion, but uses burning hands at the building anywayax hurled fire from it at the mansion in a strange attempt to attack the building. The floating eye beside Wuzruz simply sat there and eye can't hurt itself it has no way to target itself with anythingmoved not at all.



ooc




 


__________________
The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame.

Last edited by Unforgiven; May 8th, 2022 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old May 8th, 2022, 02:18 AM
SelfAwareNPC's Avatar
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC is offline
Sane in an insane world
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2022
RPXP: 2235
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Posts: 1,186
A Matter of Perspective
"Mmm. Yes. Again I state; No Idea who this Broken God is once more." Its hard to tell if the Cyberman is bemused or unamused, but engages his monotone all the same as he readies his rifle to spy out any threats hidden in the Mansion.

"Remind us again of the Glorious World that awaits under your Leadership?" he asks as he toggles with his visor.

He thus far only knows Wuzzie to be grimly truthful, if not deluded. It's be interesting to find out if he can be outright deceptive and capable of lies.

Goggle Charge Used: -1 Every 50ft
Dice Roll:
1d20+29 (6)+29 Total = 35
Perception
__________________
Business is good. Means I am down to 3 posts/week per forum, maybe more. Please be patient with me, and skip if necessary. Thank you, you Awesome DMs you.

Last edited by SelfAwareNPC; May 8th, 2022 at 02:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old May 9th, 2022, 12:40 AM
Eviltedzies's Avatar
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies is online now
Valor Morgahlis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14218
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Posts: 8,515
Nemo Giovanni:
left-aligned image
Events seemed to be going about as well as could be expect given the volatility of the situation, but it was not until Nemo felt the numbness encroaching upon his mind that he realized something was truly amiss. Abject confusion seeped into Nemo's mind and with a not insignificant level of focus the fetchling managed to retain his thoughts. The same could not be said for all his companions however as Veronica appeared to display symptoms of the afflicting force. As Nemo turned to her to answer Mikhail spoke with far more vigor than one who had succumbed to a mental assault. Perhaps his biological construction was aiding him in resisting? The thought was fleeting as the feline creature verbalized the truth of what was occurring. Some magic or force was intruding upon the groups mind and Nemo could feel its strength trying to erode the strength of his thoughts.

The bellowing words of Wuzruz drew Nemo's gaze and yet as the warrior drew close to the manor he suddenly struck himself with his own weapon before hurling it. "An unstable mind is a double edged sword. Just as easily as it can overwhelm an unprepared intruder, so too can it be infiltrated by a subtle force." The words were spoken more to himself than to those around him, but as Nemo returned his gaze to Veronica and Mikhail. "Do either of you possess skills to ward off the effects of magics that would attack the mind? Entering this manor without would surely be a large miscalculation."


 

 
__________________
~ To be alive is not to live; living requires reaching beyond survival for something more. Reach for that something and find what dreams breath life into your existence. ~
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old May 9th, 2022, 10:45 AM
LeoByron's Avatar
LeoByron LeoByron is offline
Wraith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 30th, 2022
RPXP: 25170
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Posts: 5,698
Confusion"The lights bouncing from the little specks of ice on the branches are pretty. See them dance and sparkle in my eyes? The little frost fairies sing for me when I make them and then spin their yarns in dreamscapes which go on and on and on... Have you ever seen a world die? I've seen many of them burn... Isn't it sad? Isn't it terrible?

Wuzzie will burn this one too. I have seen it! Can I grasp the strands of fate and untangle them, this time? Is there hope for us in this vast conglomerate of time where mad fairies bounce on the heads of pins to break the back of time itself? Where are the World Eaters? Have they come? Do you hear their call? I will sing for them when they ask it, won't I, Nemo? Won't I sing for them when the world is torn asunder by the weight of its own mediocrity and entropy?"


Veronica's eyes seemed far away as she spoke in a voice which barely rose above a whisper. She moved with a staccato grace which seemed unsettling and as she spoke she began to rub her hands to her face, compulsively rubbing and grasping as if something were there suffocating her.

"Mommy? Mommy, what's wrong? What are you doing, Mommy?"

The little figment of the girl vanished from where she had been standing in the snow, leaving no footprints since only real little girls leave footprints, didn't you know? Veronica giggled and a low thrum expanded from her like a wave hitting all those around her with its troubling vibrations.

left-aligned image
Vivian was expelled from her mother, suddenly, the real child exposed in all her horror, translucent and wraith-like in her little white nighty and she slunk to the ground like a babe sprung from her mother's womb and writhed from the vibrations emanating from Veronica.

Everyone felt the vibrations hit them, then, and felt a strange power pull at them, tugging at their very soul. It was as if something had grabbed their soul and had begun to tug it from its fleshly prison, vying to free it out into the open air for all to see...

Wuz keeled over suddenly, vomiting onto the scorched surface of the manor, extinguishing the tiny licks of flame he had provoked from the ancient stone with his Herald's spell. Others turned green and clutched at their belly as the strange sensation grew in intensity until it felt like their insides might rupture from the pressure of their soul leaving them.

Veronica was floating now, her bare toes rising above the frozen ground as her hair blew every which way as some unfelt gale blew through and around her as elation transformed her face into a vision of ecstasy. Blood gushed suddenly from her nose, staining the snow red below her floating feet. Her face turned towards the sky as she began to thrash and convulse, her thin legs kicking in small jerks as her arms outstretched and others began to keel over to release the contents of their stomach as their guts tried to exit through their mouths.

Veronica screamed and the world exploded, every remaining window in Morningspire shattering inwards as they imploded with the force of the vibrations.

"Mommy, stop! It hurts! STOP!"

Vivian convulsed on the ground and vomited weakly as blood poured from the stitchings on her face where her nose used to be. Veronica's face turned from the cold blue skies and faced her companions with a mad gleam which was clearly insane.

"Yes! Do you see them? Can you see the Deadlights? Aren't they magnificent?
OODM
 
__________________
“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.”
― George Gordon Byron (Lord Byron)

Last edited by LeoByron; May 29th, 2022 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old May 22nd, 2022, 08:40 AM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 12448
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,071
Aza
right-aligned image

Even though Aza had succeeded in fighting off the initial mental attack, she actually was a bit miffed that Wuzzi completely ignored. I almost made him **** himself and he can't bring himself to acknowledge that fact. Off course, it might have something to do with his raving lunacy, but Aza was nog going to let him off that easy. He was going to notice her even if it was the last thing she would do. Then again, if that madman knows I exist he could squash me like a bug. The cat grinned her teeth bare. I wonder how he would fare against Torquemada.

Before she could elaborate on that train of thought, Chaos erupted as Viviane Veronica succumbed completely to the assault and started talking gibberish. Aza even felt pity for the spooky child as it got rejected completely by her Mother? And she felt slimy, sickening, fish-like tentacles rubbing her very essence and it felt wrong, it smelled horrible, it corrupted every single cell of her body until the only thing she could think about was purging herself of a monstrously, barbed hairball. And the young woman had no choice but to comply. The cat heaved and heaved, vomiting out pieces of partly digested spiders and drenched webbing. But still it was not enough, the retching continued until it tore several blood vessels on the inside of her stomach. Blood gushed out from her mouth, coating her face in gore.

Completely disheveled and shaking on her legs, Aza tried to focus on Vivian Veronica, the origin of the assault. She considered running and hiding, but whatever was reaching through this woman would show no mercy and would not relent until it had consumed the entire realm. It had to be stopped here. If only she could drop an explosive hairball on her head, it would finish off the woman and the threat, but Aza felt that if she tried that her stomach would rupture, taking her completely out of the fight. There remained only one thing to do. Gathering the reserves of her strength Aza stretched her wings and flew up till she was at least ten feet above Vivian Veronica. "Here goes nothing." She pulled in her wings and fell straight down, hoping she could knock the raving lunatic out. Or hopefully break her neck.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Battlechaser; Jun 17th, 2022 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old May 24th, 2022, 05:42 PM
Eviltedzies's Avatar
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies is online now
Valor Morgahlis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 14218
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Posts: 8,515
Nemo Giovanni:
left-aligned image
As Nemo sought guidance from Mikhail and Veronica he found himself surprised as Veronica answered in cryptic riddles and ominous fortunes. At first Nemo thought Veronica was perhaps casting some sort of spell but the notion was immediately dismissed as listened further to her words. The woman spoke of dreams, dying worlds, and the seeming hopeless struggle against the inevitable fate of all worlds. As she spoke of singing to the world eaters her attention briefly focused on Nemo and the man could see the look in Veronica's eyes was no longer aware.

What began as a bout of confusion quickly turned dangerous as Vivian was suddenly expelled from Veronica without warning. The following pulse of vibrations that hit Nemo were overpowering to the extreme. Nemo had never felt this brand of pain before. It was as if his entire being was being ripped out of his flesh little by little. Each tug sent tremors of pain and nausea through his corporal form. The pain quickly escalated as Nemo felt his insides churning unnaturally. Blood began pouring from his mouth, ears, nose, and eyes as he tried in vain to fight whatever effect Veronica was emitting.

Digging in his heels, Nemo knew he had to deal with his own physical trauma first before he could even hope to compose himself long enough to deal with Veronica.


 

 
__________________
~ To be alive is not to live; living requires reaching beyond survival for something more. Reach for that something and find what dreams breath life into your existence. ~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB