RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 05:49 PM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19454
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
(FWIW, joking aside, the Wanderhome game has a real chill pace if you ever decide to check it out.)

Unfortunately I'm not doing Outplay this year either. There's been an extra human in our house since April, and I'm only just starting to reconnect on games - adding Outplay would be insanity.

RyuutamaHold Back the NightWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11490
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
aw, thanks! I'll keep it in mind ^^

Fair and smart! If your extra human is a baby, then congratulations!!
If the extra human is a mysterious interloper or malicious changeling, then condolences.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 06:25 PM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19454
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Why can't it be both?

RyuutamaHold Back the NightWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11320
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
There are tales of malicious changeling babies being dispersed among unsuspecting folk. I guess that would also demand condolences.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 09:39 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31141
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Extra humans showing up, people's lives getting mysteriously busy... Somebody is working behind the scenes to try and narrow down the competition already!
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 12:55 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 49275
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Really wanted to come out of retirement to play this year, but I'll be gone the first week of the competition!

Good luck to all and may the dice be ever in your favor!
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2654
NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09
Is it a problem changing the rolls or choosing to go with a fixed stat instead of a roll during character creation? I deleted a roll for reason before realizing it might not be a thing to do.
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Visibly Declining Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2806
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
For any lurking judges, my character is ready for review.
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 10:15 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDreamer09 View Post
Is it a problem changing the rolls or choosing to go with a fixed stat instead of a roll during character creation? I deleted a roll for reason before realizing it might not be a thing to do.
I re-added the deleted roll so that you don't get errors. (The DMs could see it anyway. In general, NEVER delete rolls once posted). You won't get the bonus points for not using the initial roll, but there is no penalty for not using it.
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 05:23 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16940
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelogan View Post
I re-added the deleted roll so that you don't get errors. (The DMs could see it anyway. In general, NEVER delete rolls once posted). You won't get the bonus points for not using the initial roll, but there is no penalty for not using it.
Ok, that's good to hear. Full disclosure: I had about 8 different character ideas in mind, couldn't decide, thought I'd roll figuring one of the race/CN combos I had in mind should come up, ... and instead I got one of the only race/CN combos that was incompatible with any of my ideas.

I could try to shoehorn something in, but I may just end up over-riding the rolls if I can do that.
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 06:33 PM
A warm fuzzy goonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29393
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Same. I had a few ideas and thought I would let the dice decide. But soon I realized, the dice have no idea what they're doing and will be summarily ignored. I just hope they take this time to reflect on this before July.
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately, during gameplay, you will have to stick with what the dice give you. But for character creation, it's optional.

For those asking for their character's mechanics to be reviewed, I will have some time next week to start reviewing those that have been submitted.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 02:33 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2654
NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelogan View Post
Thank you. Potato me I didn't even think, I kind of messed but all is well what it ends well.

If I have another question: SR's Adepts, are to be considered part of "Athletics, Weapons, Cyber/Bioware implants"?

And I'm struggling to wrap my head around the enhancements and KMs.

Last edited by NightDreamer09; Jun 10th, 2022 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 09:18 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightDreamer09 View Post
If I have another question: SR's Adepts, are to be considered part of "Athletics, Weapons, Cyber/Bioware implants"?

And I'm struggling to wrap my head around the enhancements and KMs.
Adepts use their magic to enhance their physical strengths, right? I suppose you could skin that as a Meat character, and then use the 'magic' instead of enhancements to get the same type of effect.

Known Move is something specific you do. For example, a signature attack, or a call to magical bees that swarm in and deliver delicious honey that causes your body to rejuvenate. The Gear is just what is used to perform that move. It may be easier to think of what 'moves' you want first, then figure out what gear would be easier to make that possible.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 03:18 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16940
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Hey Bhelogan, I'm working on my backstory, but have my mechanics fully posted. If you have the chance to look them over and make sure I'm interpreting the System correctly, I'd be most grateful.