Game Thread Hellhounds Hath No Fury - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > PbtA > Masks: Young Heroes Stand Together > Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 10th, 2022, 10:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16325
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Hellhounds Hath No Fury

right-aligned image
left-aligned image

The hound's head turns to the open portal when it hears its master's voice, but it has a slight limp in its left hind leg from the scuffle so far. The voice from beyond the portal seems aware that David is around and is trying to close it quickly, but that must take some time and effort because the portal is not shrinking or vanishing...yet.

OOCWelcome to the new scene! You are welcome to make any move that you think is appropriate or an in-story choice if you wish. We will be changing locations as soon as I know who all is going this direction and how the group wants to proceed.

Just for reference, the hellhound only has 1 "hit" left if you want to finish him off first.

PM me if I have not posted in a game with you this week or if you need anything!
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 06:24 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4081
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
I'll write up a unleash your power post and we can see how it rolls.
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 06:25 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
RECAP
left-aligned image

DarkJustice.
Down in the tunnel. He finds the girl. And something else. Something big. The Hellhound! Or a Hellhound. It stands ready to attack. A smile on his face he to readies for an attack. Then the snarling Hellhound charges.

This is just what DarkJustice wanted. A rematch with the Hellhound!. Weather this is the same Hellhound as before or not. He thought Agent Hunter had the one from before....

left-aligned image

right-aligned image

Doesn't matter as he turns and punches the changing beast. KABOOM! A massive shock wave from the concussive force rumbles through the tunnel. (OHH YEAH ITS ON!) he thinks.

DarkJustice & the Hellhound keep swinging. BOOM BOOM BOOM! He shrugs off everything the Hellhound dishes and pushes it back.

DarkJustice hits its middle head with a massive spin kick. KABOOM!, the Hellhound reels into a wall. Shaking the tunnel, and cracks appeared into it. Then it slashed back with one clawed paw. DarkJustice dodges it but then takes a shoulder spear from the Hellhound driving him across to the opposite wall. Cracks formed all through the wall. Dust falls from the ceiling.

(Not good the girl is going to get caught in this. ) he thinks. He pushes the creature back then jumps into a summersault and rolls under a claw strike. Coming to his feet beside the Hellhound. He ran forward grabbed its tail and pulled. The Hellhound went up over his shoulders and flew through the air back into, and through the cracked wall! KRACKATOOMMM! (Into either the next room, tunnel, or dirt beyond. )

RUMBLE RUMBLE! The Hellhound came crashing back through. FOOSHHH!, The Hellhound let loose a wave of fire. Which DarkJustice dodges. And comes up decking the left head. WAK! Then ducking the snapping jaws of the other two. CHOP! He chopped both heads aside , when the left shot fire at his feet again. He backflipped backwards away.

The Hellhound pursued. FOOSHHH! Breathing fire it came just short of the girl. SHAKOOM! DarkJustice's right foot impacted head, on the left side of its heads. In a crescent kick knocking it sideways. The Hellhound came snapping back. DarkJustice drove it back with a right n' left hook and right n' left crescent kick combo. When it turns towards the girl.

FOOSHHH! The Hellhound breathes fire directly at her. DarkJustice jumps between her and the Hellhound. The fire doesn't burn like it did the last time it'd have to get hotter now as his body is now tougher, than the first fight. DarkJustice waded through. Charging full speed just before colliding his right foot planted left foot coming up under the middle head in a sidekick KABOOMSHAKATOOM! DarkJustice hit with all his speed, weight, and strength he had. Smashing the Hellhound up through the roof. Shaking everything above where the mall had been like a earthquake. Chunks of ceiling coming down, with dirt and gravel. The Hellhound hit the ground stunned.

DarkJustice knew he was tearing down the tunnel. The girl would be crushed. So he took the moment to free her before the Hellhound could recover. "Run girl run till you are out of the tunnel. I'll keepit at bay run till you are safe with the police. GO! GO! GO! ", yelled DarkJustice As the Hellhound rises snarling and growling. Ready for round two.

ooc
Dice * Roll:
2d6+3 (3, 4)+3 Total = 10
directly engage

ooc
The fight scene above is one move extended cause I love to do fight scenes, also answering the move above. Not unleashing his powers yet building up to it and destroying things just as the Playbook says. Things going to get messy.

ooc

Avoid blows, & take something ( the girl)

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Aug 10th, 2022 at 09:32 PM.
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 06:29 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
David/DarkJustice:
left-aligned image

DarkJustice.
Takes a deafining blow from the creature. (KABOOM!) And slams into the wall again. He sees the girl run away. (Good) he thinks.

But now he's angry and he burst from the wall and hits the Hellhound with a strong punch (BOOM!) knocking it into the roof again. ( more falls).

Then before it can come down he gathers all his strength and anger while kneeling below it. And springs up with a
massive uppercut.(KATOOOMMM!) Sending the Hellhound up through the roof and out to the ground above where the mall used to be. As chunks of ceiling concrete bounce off him.

left-aligned image

right-aligned image

As the Hellhound lands (thwwumpt) DarkJustice jumps up out of the hole. A red angry glow around him. He walks towards it. As if nothing could touch him( sorry doing a Goku power up impression... lol You know where HD had that angry determined look right before he hands the bad guy their azz).

He sees the others near the car he didn't approach . He sees the girl run out just in time as the tunnel collapses. But his focus is on the Hellhound.

As it breathes fire at him.(FOOSHHH!) He jumps way up into the sky. You'd of thought he was flying.... But he came down like a rocket. In a super man punch, fist extended other pulled to the side like its ready to burst forward one keg partly bent head first towards the Hellhound .

(KKAAAAABBBBBOOOOOOOOMMM!)

When he hit the whole mall cratered as if a meteorite had hit right there. Buildings got covered on dust and hit with rubble. Metal beams became smaller chunks of shrapnel as did concrete. Anyone near this part of town probably thought a bomb went off.
right-aligned image

And DarkJustice was lost in the dust cloud.

ooc
Dice Roll:
2d6+3 (2, 3)+3 Total = 8
unleash your powers using move physics what physics? Will roll directly engage too if need be.

ooc
ls he alive? Is the Hellhound down ? Tune in next week folks for the exciting conclusion....

ooc

Looking up end of session. Added potential.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Aug 20th, 2022 at 11:17 PM.
Old Aug 17th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
right-aligned image

The dust slowly begins to settle, and we find ourselves wondering at first if anyone in the secret lab is still alive. Then the rubble begins to shift in one spot. With great strength, a single figure emerges. Clearly hurt but still alive, the Hellhound has risen from the rubble.

The portal that was opened earlier has now closed, as David's parents had no desire for an early reunion with their offspring experiment. This leaves the hound with no direct way home. It realizes that it will have to either dig its way into another tunnel or return to the surface and start the long journey to where its creators are holed up.

But it only manages to take another single step before more rubble begins to shift.

OOCFigured I would let you write out your dramatic emergence from the rubble.

PM me if I have not posted in a game with you this week or if you need anything!
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 01:23 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
occ sorry but I signed up for a group game. It seems my ch has been severed totally from the group. First starting with MIT ignoring my post then telling me how I am allowed to play and where I can go. On to the others now doing so as well. So unless you have a different team I can join I'm done. No point in playing as with Hero solo is not the goal.
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 07:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OOC
I am sorry you were not able to have the sort of gaming experience you wanted. After you worked so hard to pull your character away from the group and avoid their interactions in your previous posts, I really thought you were wanting to win this fight on your own. I tried my very best to make this game fun for you, but clearly it didn't work and I am sorry for that.

I am glad that you have other games you are enjoying and wish you the best of luck in them! Again, I am very sorry that I made you feel like you needed to quit the game in this way.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Aug 18th, 2022 at 07:15 AM.
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 12:37 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
occ I'll be working on that post you said you left open it may take some time. Dw I'll make it as good as I can.
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 12:59 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
David/DarkJustice:

Last time...

left-aligned image

DarkJustice.
Takes a deafining blow from the creature. (KABOOM!) And slams into the wall again. He sees the girl run away. (Good) he thinks.

But now he's angry and he burst from the wall and hits the Hellhound with a strong punch (BOOM!) knocking it into the roof again. ( more falls).

Then before it can come down he gathers all his strength and anger while kneeling below it. And springs up with a
massive uppercut.(KATOOOMMM!) Sending the Hellhound up through the roof and out to the ground above where the mall used to be. As chunks of ceiling concrete bounce off him.

left-aligned image

right-aligned image

As the Hellhound lands (thwwumpt) DarkJustice jumps up out of the hole. A red angry glow around him. He walks towards it. As if nothing could touch him( sorry doing a Goku power up impression... lol You know where HD had that angry determined look right before he hands the bad guy their azz).

He sees the others near the car he didn't approach . He sees the girl run out just in time as the tunnel collapses. But his focus is on the Hellhound.

As it breathes fire at him.(FOOSHHH!) He jumps way up into the sky. You'd of thought he was flying.... But he came down like a rocket. In a super man punch, fist extended other pulled to the side like its ready to burst forward one keg partly bent head first towards the Hellhound .

(KKAAAAABBBBBOOOOOOOOMMM!)

When he hit the whole mall crateredas if a meteorite had hit right there. Buildings got covered on dust and hit with rubble. Metal beams became smaller chunks of shrapnel as did concrete. Anyone near this part of town probably thought a bomb went off.
right-aligned image

And DarkJustice was lost in the dust cloud.

The dust slowly begins to settle, and we find ourselves wondering at first if anyone in the secret lab is still alive. Then the rubble begins to shift in one spot. With great strength, a single figure emerges. Clearly hurt but still alive, the Hellhound has risen from the rubble.

The portal that was opened earlier has now closed, as David's parents had no desire for an early reunion with their offspring experiment. This leaves the hound with no direct way home. It realizes that it will have to either dig its way into another tunnel or return to the surface and start the long journey to where its creators are holed up.

But it only manages to take another single step before more rubble begins to shift.

And now....

DarkJustice slowly rose from the crater as the Hellhound fell. It had broken bones and many injuries that took its toll. It fell into a coma. But if you looked closely long enough you'd see it healing. It apparently can survive anything that doesn't instantly kill it. It was healing faster than a human but not super fast.

As DarkJustice slowly crested the top of the crater he had created. He stood surveying all he could as the dust cleared. He nearly dropped where he was but quickly recovered. It'd have taken a very fast and skilled eye to have caught it. For he has steadied himself as to show no weakness the red glow still around him.

For those looking he looked like he had been in shadow war. Blood dripping off him. His mask torn where his head was cut. His vest ( bullet proof) less torn . His pants and legs torn the pants destroyed his legs bleeding. But it was his unprotected arms that drowned the most damage. Many gashes which blood flows freely from. He stood a dark symbol of justice. A even darker vestige of the justice he would bring apon evil. A warning, that no matter how evil a Darker Justice was coming.

He saw the dust and dirt covered girl. Took a picture with the now cracked phone. But the others and the demon in the car were gone. The others having taken the strangers candy and got in the car. Were now lost. He didn't know where. The poor girl wandered around aimlessly.

He sent the picture to Agent Hunter. Then called.
" Hello? ( pause) Did you get the picture? ( pause) I found her tied up under the destroyed mall in one of my parents hidden labs. The Hellhound was guardingher.
Or a Hellhound. They opened a portal to summon it to them but closed it when they saw I was there. They seem to have some control over it. ( pause) Don'tworry it'sdown. Yes I beat it. Destroyed the lab and what was over it. And some demo on the near by abbondon buildings. (Pause.)

Look I'm done here. I'm leaving with or without your help."
, He said. Then hung up.

He allowed the glow to subside. Then got on the motorcycle. And rode to where he had met Hunter and received the bike. He left it and the cracked phone. Retrieved his garbage bag of stuff. Then returned to the station.

He showered. Changed into new clothes. ( now 2 sets and a damaged vest. Left the destroyed clothes outside by the door as he went to a nearby store. He bought a travel bag. Then returned. Filling it with everything he owned znd his money. Then placed it a safe distance away. Then jumped up into the sky, glowing red again,and came down like a missile.
right-aligned image

KRACKATOOMMM! he cratered the police station. Leaving his torn bloody destroyed set of clothes in the rubble.

Then began walking away bag on his shoulders and fades into the night.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Aug 21st, 2022 at 12:59 AM.