Game Thread Wretched Curse : Prologue - Page 48 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Curse of Strahd
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #706  
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 09:32 PM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 3166
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,301
Knights in dingy armor
left-aligned image
The wolves continued to drop dead from the party's tender ministrations until only a single one stood atop the boulder, facing off against the Hexblood monk. It was quickly turned from a slavering, pony-sized death machine into a whimpering, fleeing animal that has just realized its own death. Within a matter of a few seconds, the wolf was hit by Barry, Polly, Aender, Ismark, and Ireena. It somehow managed to shrug-off Marybeth's frostbite spell that would have meant its death as it turned to flee, giving Polly the perfect opportunity for a parting shot.







 
OOCPolly's got an OA if she wants to 6hpfinish the DW7, but it's fleeing, so the battle's over. Please get me a nice RP post with introductions and welcoming Marybeth to the group. silverfeathers hasn't read the game, so someone capable of giving her a brief summarization of your current situation and goals in RP would be extremely helpful and appreciated! This is a great place for some inter-group RP, even if your anti-social character is just helping to get the group situated for a short rest (which you may take if wanted). I'm not looking to post again until 8/26, so you more frequent posters: don't be shy about getting more than one in there with some answers to Marybeth's questions or something about getting the group moving after the sit-down.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Aug 20th, 2022 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2022
RPXP: 3508
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,080
Barry
left-aligned image

After catching his breath and motioning Lucian to lead the mules to gather with the party at the rock, Barry approached the new comer. "Hello." and then other greetings in elvish, undercommon and draconic to see which ones made her ears prick up. He then continued in common given she looked to be a human. "Gather you aren't a friend of Strahd given your lupine harassment."


 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 12:48 PM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 8819
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 5,865
Polly Titchwillow
right-aligned image

Another wolf fell under a barrage of bolt, fist, steel and spell, leaving just one of the beasts. Realizing its pack had either fled or fallen, the animal decided no meal was to be had here. It stopped in its tracks, standing motionless for a split second, before bounding off, away from the rock where Polly stood, wounded but victorious. Spitefully, showing more instinct than consideration, the Hexblood swept her staff in a low arc, knocking the wolf to the rocks. It landed awkwardly, yelping in pain before darting off, limping as fast as its wounded hind legs would allow. With luck, some other predator would catch the animal before nightfall, Polly thought darkly.

'That's for Jacob, you mangy mutt!' she yelled, her voice hoarse with hate. Taking a deep breath, Polly pressed one hand to her side, wincing at the burning pain caused by her wound. 'That's gonna leave a mark,' she muttered, realizing the teeth had gone straight through her buckskin coat. 'Maybe I'll have a wolfskin coat, next,' she considered aloud.

Making her way down the rock, she first looked to her friends- Mara and Jhorn in particular, as they had been on the front lines. 'You lot okay?' she asked, her head askew, before turning to the strange, sorcerous damsel they'd just gotten out of distress. 'And you? You alright, lady? It looked like those wolves took a nasty bite out of you,' she added, wincing a little as she looked over the woman's wounds. 'Don't worry, Barry here can fix you right up,' she smiled. 'Name's Polly, by the way. And you are...?'


 
 
 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Aug 21st, 2022 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #709  
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 08:05 PM
silverfeathers's Avatar
silverfeathers silverfeathers is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 2802
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Posts: 2,592
left-aligned image

Hurling the frost spell at the last wolf as it turned tail to find itís remaining pack members Marybeth sank to the damp ground feeling more exhausted than she had felt the night before. The sorceress stretched out her right leg awkwardly before her taking in the bite on her calf as one of the rescue party came up and greeted her in several languages. She understood two of them, common and undercommon, her eyes brightened a bit as Barry spoke.

Beth returned the polite introduction in common, ďNoÖ No I donít know a Strahd,Ē she started off a bit slow in speech as her mind and body started to shift from Fight or Flight to recovery.

A second approached, the young woman whom had climbed up the boulder and covered Bethís retreat, ďPolly, Barry,Ē she nodded to both of them, ďThey did take a good bite out of my leg, your side doesnít look much better though,Ē Beth motioned at Pollyís bloodied coat from her place on the ground.

ďMaybe between both of us it will right and rain sooner rather than later. Iím a bit of a healer myself. Iím Beth. Marybeth Quinn,Ē the sorceress introduced herself once a few more had gathered together. ďThank you, all of you. I wasnít expecting to be chased and cornered like that by a pack of Wolves.

They seemed a bit bold to be out in the morning hunting like that,Ē
Beth went on starting to open her pack and look for her healerís kit.

ďIs Strahd a lord in this area around Langford? Iíve never heard of him,Ē the injured woman asked backing up to Barryís question about if she knew him or not.

OOCI(silverfeathes) have read the game thread from when you entered the Visanti camp to now.
Marybeth does not know she is in Barovia yet, so someone will need to explain that to her, hence her question about Langsford.

 


Statblock
 
__________________
Conference Sept 30- Oct 3. No posting Beth Quinn
Tower graduate #820
Reply With Quote
  #710  
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 07:35 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
1975, lol
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 22250
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 10,113
Halas Fogbarrel
right-aligned image
Halas' jaw nearly dropped to the ground as Barry so casually mentioned the vampire lord of Barovia. "We don't have to tell every stranger we meet around here that we're on a vampire's hit list." They had just recently encountered a vampire that had looked like Halas' sister. No telling what lengths this vampire would go to fool them. The halfling was far less trustful than he had been when he first ended up in the land of mists but the bites on the new woman seemed real enough.

"Halas," he said simply. "And you're not in Langsford anymore. Welcome to Barovia. The one place in all the world that could make you wish you were back in Langsford."

Glancing around at the others, he decided it would be up to him to break the bad news to Beth.

"You've been transported through some cursed fog to a place called Barovia ruled by a psychotic and deranged vampire named Strahd. Folk around here refer to him as the devil. There's no way to leave, or none that we've found yet and getting rid of this vampire seems the best bet so far. Some crazy caravan lady gave us some clues that might help...or might not...but first things first, we're taking Ismark, Ireena and little Lucien here to Vallaki where they should be safer than they were in the last town."

He gave Beth a shrug and added, "Looks like you're stranded here with us now. Might as well fall in line and stay alive a little longer."

He the began some introductions, "That's Barry, he heals and thinks he's funny. The green one there is Polly. She's super nice and kicks butts. The one dressed all in black is Aender, he's got that whole sneaky thing going on for him. The one with the axe bigger than me is Mara. She a poet...that kills things with an axe. The scruffy one there with the puzzle face is Jhorn. I'll spare you the sob story that'll come later and just let you know that he used to be a werewolf but isn't anymore. Apparently that makes you brooding and harsh but we don't hold that against him."

Raising his eyebrows to sigh and appreciate his work, he said, "And you're Beth, who must taste like table scraps cause those wolves really seemed to like you." He then grinned and waited to see if the woman would indeed be joining them on their journey to Vallaki.

 



 

__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Reply With Quote
  #711  
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 09:47 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2022
RPXP: 11807
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 4,772
As Mara climbed up onto the rocks she heard Halas introduce her the stranger, and offer a polite wave and brief nod, even as she kept moving towards the river. Eh, leave it. Axes are cheap enough. It was a shame to lose a perfectly serviceable weapon, but she had others and no doubt Vallaki had a decent blacksmith. Standing up on the rocks gave her a decent view of the surrounding area while everyone caught their breath, but Mara was impatient to be on the move before more wolves came down out of the mountains to attack them.

ĒShall we take a quick five and then get back to it?Ē she asked while seeing if anyone was badly wounded and finding mostly scrapes. ĒWeíve got all day to walk and talk.Ē


 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter
Reply With Quote
  #712  
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 11:53 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 8819
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 5,865
Polly Titchwillow
right-aligned image

'Eh,' Polly shrugged when her wound was mentioned. 'To be honest, I'm more annoyed about them ruining my coat. I just hope someone at Vallaki sells needle and thread. And knows how to sow, because I'm afwul at it.' She turned to Ireena, giving her an uncertain glance. The late mayor's daughter had stitched up Jacob, maybe she knew her way around things that were already dead as well? Best not to waste thread before they got off the road, though. Never knew when anyone might need stitches.

The monk smirked a little at Halas's rather brusque introduction to the land of Barovia. 'But, on the bright side,' she started, before stopping while attempting to think of anything nice to say about the place. Shrugging, she gestured behind her. 'If you like wolf meat, you're in luck! Because here, they practically throw themselves at you. Literally,' she smirked.

'Hey, Jhorn!' she called out, trying to catch the warrior's attention. 'Think we have time to skin these? I'm guessing we'll need something to trade with in Vallaki. Wolf pelt might not exactly be a scarce commodity around here, but its better than mud and dead wood,' Polly smirked. 'And hey, at the very least I'll have something to patch my coat with!'


 
 
 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Aug 25th, 2022 at 11:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #713  
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 07:26 PM
Azure Nokori's Avatar
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2022
RPXP: 3508
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 4,080
Barry
left-aligned image

With the mention of his name from Halas, Barry takes a deep and extravagant bow. As he rights himself, a hand reaches out to Polly's coat and with a few flourishes, Using the Mending spellthe holes sew themselves up."I can also do that too." he says with a smirk to Halas.
"Are we having a sit down then? Or are we gonna take care of these wounds the good ol' magic way?


 


 

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Aug 24th, 2022 at 12:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #714  
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 01:52 AM
Grouchy's Avatar
Grouchy Grouchy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2022
RPXP: 8255
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Posts: 4,105
Jhorn Sarkany
right-aligned image

The man with the heavily scarred features assesses the newcomer with a critical eye, Insight checktrying to judge her intentions by her reactions to their words and to her smell. Jhorn snorts slightly at Halas' remarks - he knows his friend means well, but that's hardly the most sociable greeting to really make himself amiable to others. Hello, this is Jhorn. He used to tear human beings apart and crack open their rib cages to devour their hearts. He is ever so pleased to make your acquaintance! Though a simple man himself, Jhorn easily assumes that's not often a conversation for polite society.

Fortunately Polly has a viable distraction for them. "Get some coin for them at least, that's for sure," he answers in his gravelly tone. "The meat may not be a bad idea either." Borrowing one of her daggers, he rolls over the first wolf and unceremoniously begins gutting it.


Actions
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Effects:


 
__________________
Update 09/22/22 - Having some personal issues, posting a bit slowed, bear with me.

Last edited by Grouchy; Aug 25th, 2022 at 02:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #715  
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 10:29 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 3166
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,301
"[I]Down[/I] by the River!" - Chris Farley
left-aligned image
"Here now, let me help you with that!" Ismark rushes over to assist Jhorn's butchery. "Let's get the skins first, then we can easily cut out what meat we want. There's a lot more of that here than what would make sense to take with us." The Baron's son even shows Jhorn how to cure the hides by rubbing the animal's brains on the scraped skin. "It will keep them from rotting or stiffening," he explains.

right-aligned image
Ireena approaches Marybeth as the newcomer begins to sit on a rock. She kneels in front of the sorceress and sets her healing kit to the ground beside her, "I'm Ireena. Let's have a look at that bite, now. We'll need to fix that up if you're going to be travelling with us." She gently lifts the hem of Marybeth's skirt and sucks in a breath through her teeth. "It's pretty bad, but I think I can do something with it." She smears some stinky unguent on the torn flesh before binding it tightly with a long, narrow bandage. Rising back to her feet, "you're going to be okay, just give it a moment." Looking around now, "Polly! Hey, Polly! Come over here so I can take care of that bite."
OOCIreena heals Marybeth for 11 points and Polly for 9, leaving only a single use in her healing kit. Jhorn and Ismark are able to salvage 2 dire wolf pelts that aren't too damaged from the fighting and all the meat they wish to harvest. Polly should probably add the pelts to her inventory, as they'll likely be getting draped over Jacob's back. Jhorn and Ismark's work takes an hour to complete, so anyone wanting the benefits of a short rest may take it.

Everyone, please catch up with the last few OOC thread posts to get done what I asked for.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Aug 24th, 2022 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #716  
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 11:49 PM
silverfeathers's Avatar
silverfeathers silverfeathers is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 2802
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Posts: 2,592
left-aligned image

The Halfling, Halas, made quick introductions. As names were called, a hand or head waved or nodded at her as she took them all in for the first time without being attacked. Beth looked at each of them but her gaze lingered on Jhorn longer than the others. Another one afflicted by the darkness beyond our world… I’m sure he’s nicer than my husband was. Too bad Johnathan’s face didn’t look like that when he was alive it would have matched his horrid temperament, Beth thought to herself.

“I do recall walking through and in a heavy mist for some time yesterday,” Beth informed Halas. She chewed on her lower lip thinking about what he was telling her about Barovia and Stradh, So… we can’t leave? He won’t let us go even if we explain we're not from here? So what are you doing about it? Why are you all here anyway?”

She had half pulled out her own healer’s box as Ireena settled before her and quickly went to work evaluating, cleaning, medicating and wrapping her bite before she could say anything. She shoved her kit back in her bag. “Yes, I’ll have to return the favor sometime, I’m also a healer,” the sorceress told her before she moved on to Polly.

Beth watched as what she was assuming would be her new traveling companions, made quick work of two of wolves. Two mules were retrieved from the brush loaded down with supplies and draped in the new wolf pelts. She concluded they had been traveling together for a bit as everyone seemed to know what to do without being told.

“So how long have you all been together,” she inquired to Halas sitting nearby playing an instrument.

 


Statblock
 
__________________
Conference Sept 30- Oct 3. No posting Beth Quinn
Tower graduate #820

Last edited by silverfeathers; Aug 26th, 2022 at 12:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #717  
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 04:37 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 8819
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 5,865
Polly Titchwillow
right-aligned image

'Save yourself the trouble,' Polly tells Beth, holding up her hands. 'This isn't much more than a scratch- I've been hurt worse during training bouts back in my youth.' Granted, she thought, training bouts at the dreaming blossom were pretty brutal... To say nothing of what came before. Smiling, she shrugged. 'You take care of you,' the monk suggested, gesturing at the nasty wounds Beth had suffered. 'I'll just walk it off for a bit.'

She turned around and made to leave, then turned back. 'Though I could use someone who knows their way around a needle to help fix my coat!' she grinned. Then she was off, first watching Jhorn and Ismark getting to work on the wolves' remains rather vigorously, before deciding to climb back up the rock where she had fought the wolves. She kicked one of the carcasses down, then picked a nice spot to sit for a while.

Sitting there, she listened to Halas' music, to the sounds of the dark forest around her and the nearby stream. Smiling, she realized this might've been the closest thing they had to peace ever since arriving in this horrid world. Even the sibling's mansion had felt unfamiliar and strange- though Polly relented her unease was probably due to her not trusting either of the siblings at the time. And, of course, she had felt out of place in the luxurious bed- which she had declined in favour of the floor.

But here, out in the natural world? This was much closer to what she was used to. A dark forest, the sound of faint music failing to drown out the gutting of dead animals... It reminded her of home, of a time before everything was terrible. Losing herself in memories of her parents, her community, the Hexblood merely sat there and listened, and decided to stay there until one of her companions came to collect her.


 
 
 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel
Reply With Quote
  #718  
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 06:11 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
1975, lol
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 22250
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 10,113
Halas Fogbarrel
right-aligned image
With the fight over and the dirty work begun of skinning the wolves, Halas thought it best to play a sprightly tune rather than get blood under his nails. There were no words and the melody would oscillate between slow and grounded chords and then quick and snappy plucking. Evenly played enough to be restful but playful enough to avoid becoming monotonous.

 



 

__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Reply With Quote
  #719  
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 10:44 AM
Wretched Rick's Avatar
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick is offline
Wriggly Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2022
RPXP: 3166
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Posts: 3,301
Following the Ivlis
left-aligned image
Polly and Marybeth especially seem to benefit from the sit-down after your brief scuffle with the dire wolves, but it's a welcome respite for all. Some of you take heart at the successful encounter, the way you decimated the entire pack while only sustaining a couple minor wounds. A few others have a more introspective reaction, replaying the battle under a tactical microscope to try and determine how you could have been more effective.

Lucian earns his keep by parceling out a meager mid-day repast from the group's supplies. Some salted jerky, hard cheese, and an apple each helps to improve some moods as well, as does the boy's cheerful demeanor and helpfulness. It's obvious he feels much safer and happier with the group than he ever had with his drug-addled parents. As well as Lucian seems to have adapted to the dangers and hard living of the road, you wonder if he'll be able to settle back into the life of a normal kid once you reach Vallaki.

Jacob doesn't react well to having some of the dire wolf meat stowed in his pack saddle, and especially not to the scraped pelts being draped over his back. The mule's near-death experience the previous day had taught him to be very wary of that particular smell, but Ismark's skill at animal handling and Polly's soft ministrations quickly calms his false danger-sense. Finally situated to continue your journey, you do.

The footpath continues between the ravine wall and river, winding between trees and leaving the group strung out over a distance in single file. After the Vistani had explained such, it's much easier to notice the lack of variety in the local flora. The lack of undergrowth makes travelling much simpler, but it's also a little depressing to see only the few types of trees capable of surviving on the miniscule sunlight filtered through the perpetual cloud cover. You guess that this entire stretch of the river and ravine floor must be the established hunting grounds of the dire wolfpack you defeated, as no other dangers present themselves that afternoon.
right-aligned image

Late in the afternoon, the river narrows slightly into quick flowing rapids as the ravine deepens. "We're approaching the falls," Ismark announces. "Look! That's the bridge crossing if we'd stayed to the road." Looking up, you goggle at the massive stone bridge, looking like barely a splinter a thousand feet above your heads. The ravine floor widens into something of a cul-de-sac before opening into the lowlands to the west. The spot likely becomes a lagoon during the month that the Ivlis is running its highest, but for now, it is an excellent site to make camp.

Ismark helps to settle the mules, then retrieves a huge cookpot from Barry's muleDixie along with some of the food gifted by the Vistani. Carrots, turnips, onions, garlic, and some cabbage - along with a dire haunch of meat - seem destined to become a delicious wolf stew. Ireena enlists the aid of Aender to get the meal going, the Gnome's dexterous hands and skill with knives make a strong accounting in the meal prep tasks.
OOCI'd like to hear from everyone, but especially Barry about what type of something definitive I can post next to the marching order in the 1st OOC postwatch is to be set for the night - there's probably enough people at this point to 2by2 each rotation.

I don't know which players ever go camping (aside from Grouchy), but there's something extremely companionable about sharing a campfire that should lend itself to another round of character-to-character RP.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Aug 30th, 2022 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #720  
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 10:17 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2022
RPXP: 11807
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 4,772
The rest of their journey went rather well, with little to break up the monotony of long distance travel. At least they were making pretty good time when they werenít fighting for their lives against packs of wolves and lowly vampire spawn. When they finally stopped for the night it was something of a relief, especially given that they had a good spot in which to bed down. She might have had the energy in her to keep going for another hour or two, but night would fall even faster in this ravine that blocked out most of the daylight already. Mara threw down her heavy pack and took a long sip from her waterskin, and made a mental note to refill it later, before she wandered further down the river bank.

ĒOne way in, one way out,Ē she said to no one in particular as she swept her gaze back the way they had come, before she began to laugh, Ēunless they can fly.Ē

The warrior shook her head as the mirth faded and she added Ďlook upí to things she should do during her turn on the watch. The entire group was quite ready to avoid a repeat of the prior nightís excitement at the Vistani camp, which had been the topic of most of the day's discussions. They couldnít keep someone, or something, from coming at them, but they could damn well make sure they didnít just walk off unscathed again.


 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB