Game Thread Issue 3: Witches Be Crazy! - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > PbtA > Becoming a Hero (Masks: A New Generation) > Becoming a Hero
twitter facebook facebook
0 3 7 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Sep 5th, 2022, 06:08 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28769
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Danny Whaa...?

Danny watched as Dana and Lilith disappeared into the depths of the house.

He just stood there, a dopey look on his face, standing between Star and Angel.

Time seems to slow down and an eternity passes before Dany realizes that Angel and Star are talking.

Hmm? Oh, the corset, yeah, sure. Hold still I gotta undo the loopey things.

Psh. Algernon.

Danny clicks his tongue in disapproval but doesn’t say anything else about it.

We’ll see you outside Ana – text me if you find Weasel. I doubt he and Aubrey are quite as… busy as Lilith said.

Danny followed Angel into the kitchen to grab a snack.

Walking past a bowl of fruit Danny grabbed an apple from the table and leaned up against the wall.

Angel slowly began changing into something more comfortable to swim in – and something that wouldn’t be ruined by the presence of water, like a silk corset.

Are you really eating again? Angel quipped as they slowly slid themselves out of their corset.

Danny was sort of lost in thought, and though he was in the room with Angel he maintained proper locker room etiquette, besides Danny had seen plenty of people naked (Angel included) thanks to soccer, and Angel was his sib from another crib.

Hey Angel – do you think I’m good enough?

What do you mean? Angel asked as they slowly slid out of their outfit.

Dude, look at this place. Its bigger than both our apartments combined. !@#$ her pool probably cost more than both our apartments. Why’s she slumming it with me. ?

Danny took a large bite of the apple, his sorrowful expression turning into a grimace.

He spat the apple out, This is wax.

As the hot, wet, saliva laced wax hit the floor, Danny looked up to see an expensive piece of torso sized lace flying at his face.

Oh shut up about that. Of course you're good enough.

Angel had thrown the corset at Danny’s face to try and shake him from his funk.

The cloth that accosted Danny’s face left him off balance – it was at that moment that he realized he had leaned up against a door. A door, which was not properly secured.

Danny started tumbling down the steps, Angel’s corset still on his face.

It smelt of Angel. Like roses, grapefruit, and sage. They always smelled nice.

Oof.

Danny found himself at the opening of a basement, at the bottom of the stairs. Luckily, it would take more than some puny stairs to damage Brutalizer.

Danny, are you alright? Angel stood at the landing at the top of the stairs, their silhouette outlined by the lights.

Danny spent a moment just laying at the bottom of the steps, corset over his face, his only response was a thumbs up.
OoC Danny will Assess with a 9 – I though it’d be okay for me to find the basement with a success.

I think the most relevant question is “”what here is in the greatest danger?”

Last edited by wodine; Sep 5th, 2022 at 06:28 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4561
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
Uncomfortable Interrogation
right-aligned image
While Ana backed up Angel who in turn backed up Danny elsewhere in the pristine home, Dana had taken it upon herself to back the trio up by going alone with Lilith. Not a peek or a squeak from Weasel nor Aubrey either. Much time hadn't passed before Dana stepped into *her* room, already presented with a dark single-piece swimsuit. What was it with humans and thinking they were cool with such a boring color as black? At least it wasn't gray, the most boring and dull color that their eyes could detect. She'd seen warmongers decked out in veritable kink outfits bedazzled with rusty nails and sawblade bits; those freaks were more menacing than some spindly punk in all black.

Apparently black would blend into the dark of a light-polluted night better than a dark blue, but in Dana's home world where electric lighting was few and far between? Dark blue would've fit a lot better to be a sudden blade in the dark. Or an earthy green, emerging from the countless forests. Or not even being seen, but a sudden whizzing bullet--

She was getting eggheaded again. A bit of disassociation from what was going on. This outfit of Lil's was a lot less revealing, Dana had to admit. And it's not like she ever undressed unceremoniously around the hairless apes before. As she's put in at least once before, "I wear clothing for all y'all's sake." If Kathy's old stories were to be believed, a much younger Dana had a bad habit of refusing to wear even a big t-shirt after her father had spared her the laser. This was different. She was old enough to know better, and she'd been "clothing-trained" for many years. And if she remembered Kathy's old stories, Dana acted a lot less human than she did now.

She stared down at the trim of the swimsuit, curving up and spiraling around where one's heart would be. Some kind of weird symbols were embroidered into the fabric too. Yeah, this looked totally safe to wear. She took Tapping into her Superhuman Senses to try and detect explicit magic; do I need to roll for this?a big, deep sniff that she hoped came off as a standoffish snort. She extended her hand for the swimsuit, but they barely moved an inch before she tugged them away. She began to take a step closer, but jolted back after moving even less ahead. Very animal-like, cautious reflexes.

"So tell it to me straight, Lil", Dana huffed, locking her pine green eyes to the dark of Lilith's gaze. She did her best to stare down the sultry girl, but not as much for intimidation as she'd hoped. Dana had never given... that part of her nature much thought. She was already married -- to her job as a huntress of monsters, a vigilante against raiders, a one-vix wrecking crew of killer robots, and an inquisition of one against aberrant psychics and crazed cultists. If she couldn't trust others with her heart, and much less herself with others' hearts? Then why would she ever... EVER... ponder what kind of people she was into?

But that didn't matter right now. Back to work.

"So like, everyone and their grandma knows yer little 'exploits' in school. So like, do y'get a stamp for every Spoink you bounce off, 'r something? An' don't get me wrong, I can appreciate you sharin' my boy Danny, and that he's cool with it too. Is this just a game for ya? Why should I trust yer not gonna walk off once yer done usin' him as pork? I get th' whole sex-positivity thing, an' not everyone does."

To make her point and act in a sign of good faith, Dana unceremoniously drops her zip-up hoodie to the floor, followed by her New-York-loving tee.

"You shoulda seen me back home after I got outta this downpour", Dana wistfully chuckles. "Gave half the hu-- homies a real scare. Soaked head t' toe, and I didn't need my threads just hangin', all sopping wet n' all."

During this she'd kicked off her sneakers. "Didn't care who saw me. Just that I got a towel or a blanket Pronounced "ay-sap" and allA-SAP. Nothin' good comes of bein' a prude. You'd agree, right?"

By now she was reeeeally close to Lilith. She hoped this was uncomfortable for Lilith as it was for her, but she doubted it. Too bad Dana didn't come to this Earth with the sawed-off 12-gauge she brought to her climactic fight with The Maestro. She sure wanted to make Lil sweat bullets.

"Still. Y'gonna break my boy's heart? What's your motivation, Pokemon trainer? What's your story? Hmm? What are you all about, Lilly?"

She eased up, and now had the shadowy swimwear in her hands.

"It can be our little secret", Dana smirked, raising two fingers in salute. "totally a lie.""Scout's honor."

ActionsNarrow success with a 7 to Pierce The Mask. As you could guess, Dana is all but outright asking her "What are you really planning?"

Last edited by Seeks; Sep 7th, 2022 at 12:10 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17648
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
right-aligned image

Ana finds a door that is locked, but she opens it anyway thanks to a surprising jolt of cosmic power from her hands. Probably a good thing she didn't help Angel with their corset instead.

"Blfurd?" says the shake monster in the previously-locked master bedroom when she opens the door. It stares at Ana in surprise for a moment, as she stands with equal surprise holding the door open.

She doesn't even hear Danny fall down the stairs, or Angel calling down to check on him. "Danny, are you alright? "

left-aligned image
Danny gives a thumbs up and removes the corset from his face as he gets up and looks around. His eyes notice the lit candles around the room and the podium with the big book off to the side. The whole place has some creepy Halloween vibes. But then he notices the bed on top of some weird magic circle on the ground, and he can make out Weasel's and Aubrey's heads sticking up from under the sheets. They both seem to have fallen asleep.

It seems like Lilith's basement has a few secrets, and there were a few more secrets coming out in the open in Lilith's bedroom.

"You wanna know my secret, huh?" Lilith asks as she stares appreciatively at Dana. Her eyes are nowhere near the shape-changer's face. "Well I'm actually a succubus thanks to a dark ritual that Felicity and her coven of witchy cheerleaders cooked up. Gotta suck on life force to keep alive and young and gorgeous and all that, but I also got a compulsion to listen to the witchy head cheerleader so I try to avoid her as much as I can. I like sucking on lots of people at once, cuz I don't want to actually kill anyone. Plus, let's be honest, I really enjoy going wild with people. And no, there's no stamp collection. Its more of a scrap book, complete with photos!"

She gives Dana a moment to react before she giggles. "I'm kidding," she lies. "Sorry, I thought a little humor would take the edge off. But I'm having a hard time concentrating."

She reaches with deliberate slowness towards Dana. "As far as Danny goes, well he's different. Like, he's actually good at making out. Most boys only think they are, but he's the real deal. And yeah he's fun, but I could actually see myself being with someone like him. Like, he actually satisfies me."

Lilith licks her lips and tries to pull Dana in on top of her. "But you know what? Right now, I want to taste how wild and satisfying you can be! So I am going to do just that and drink deeply before we go out and cool off in the pool!"

OOCCongrats to Starevna for earning potential, and thank you for the move! Good news! You found the shake monster! Yay! It will definitely take action based on your next post, so looking forward to seeing how you react!

Danny has found the basement as well as the sleeping couple in bed. You get +1 on your next move down here in the basement. For Weasel's sake, please don't give the GM any moves.

Dana takes the Hopeless condition, as alluded to in the last post, and she will take another one if she does not Defend or Directly Engage. But she has pierced the mask and understands Lilith a little better. I went ahead and made it clear where she was and was not lying, but if you have questions about her plans or if something is unclear then please let me know!

Dating briar, the bestest girlfriend ever! Might be a little distracted sometimes. :P PM me if I have not posted in a game with you this week or if you need anything!
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 05:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21036
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Starevna
Behind the Mask: Episode 39 - A Rising Star"I'm sorry..." The interviewer broke in for a moment. "A what monster?"

The aging super sitting in the comfy armchair across from him broke into a small grin, her eyes sparkling with a bright, blue glow that belied her age. "Shake." She gave a little shimmy. "You know? Like a milkshake... an ice cream confection. The others had battled some french fries the day before, so it wasn't out of the question. But I'd missed that particular fight... and of course, none of us had any idea what lay in store..." She paused, lost in reminiscence for a moment, then returned to the anecdote at hand.

"Anyway, I started blasting."

right-aligned image
Art by katalean
Perhaps it was her own youthful innocence, perhaps it was a desire to avoid even the appearance of being anything like her father. But for whatever reason, Starevna had always avoided unleashing her full power upon living targets, even other supers, even the strange mer-creatures beneath the Science Center. But when confronted with semi-sentient semifreddo, her reaction was immediate and instinctual.

Her hands came up, still rimed in blue motes from accidentally melting the door lock. Twin beams of pure energy spiraled together into a single flow of unbridled cosmic phlogiston, firing directly for the heart of the dairy menace. The blast struck the shake directly in the... cup(?), knocking it into a laundry hamper which exploded gratifyingly into a pile of dirty clothes, now entangling the straw and getting all sticky with half-melted ice-cream.

"Is that how she brings all the boys to her yard?"

Stumbling backwards in surprise, Ana still tried to process the... thing she had just (hopefully) incinerated. She jumped, startled, when her back hit the hallway wall behind her, then she took a moment to catch her breath before pelting off down the hallway. "Guys! GUYS!"

OOC

Last edited by hafrogman; Sep 9th, 2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 08:20 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
"I Hate When I'm Right"
right-aligned image
Under the pretense of a joke, Lilith opened up to Dana. A very long-winded, oddly specific joke. Something she had apparently rehearsed, if only to get Dana to liven up. She really did want the girl to chill out for once. What few experiences Dana had with Lilith before, during and after the science fair field trip, that much was clear. Everyone in the school knew she was an odd one, and especially high-strung.

"I knew it."

Everything went cold for Dana. Her blood felt like it froze in her chest. She felt something spread across her face. A small smile. It wasn't sarcastic, and far from the anger she wanted to convey. It was a smile to fake acceptance and force herself to be naive. Her blood wasn't boiling. It couldn't. She shivered. Lilith could turn over a new leaf and settle down. Maybe she and Danny could have a future together. She and he were humans, after all. All Dana had was a convincing disguise, and sometimes, it wasn't convincing enough.

Then those arms of Lilith's reached out. Conflicting emotions struck like lightning. Part of her reminded her she was paranoid, the anxious fox who'd seen too much too soon, and if she attacked this human with a weapon out of nowhere...! But the other, atavistic half of her mind knew nothing else but to refuse. She couldn't accept Danny falling for some loose girl like like this. She couldn't accept that her whole succubus shtick was all just one big joke. She couldn't accept that even if she was a monster, let alone a literal demon from literal Hell conjured or corrupted by a cheerleader coven, that she could have legitimate feelings for Danny. She couldn't just take what she wanted from the vixen. Not her Danny. Not her life force.

"Not a damned THING!"

Dana wasn't paying attention to the scene, trying to scramble back and buy some time to think. To bury her emotions. Maybe she could've heard the tussle going on elsewhere in the house if she wasn't shrieking in her mind. She couldn't get away.

She felt something cool and synthetic had pressed into one of her balled-up hands without her realizing it. Her blaster. She was sure that Lilith had seen the weapon materialize out of its silvery-green light. It was in an awkward position, not even aimed at the succubus. It wasn't even on. She'd turned it off at the restaurant to show the others she meant no harm. She felt that Lilith now had the scared little fox in her grasp, pulling the wispy human hiding the inner trickster toward the bed and on top of her.

All Dana could do is scream in despair, flailing helplessly in a defeated panic. For all she knew, the screaming didn't even sound human. She was in Lilith's power, and after her failed little show of muscle became a show of anxious energy? She had a bad feeling of what was to come.

This sucked worse than detention.

Actions and OOCA failed Directly Engage of a 6 becomes the risk to Take A Powerful Blow. Kinda grateful to roll fairly low at a 7. Right now, Dana's Guilty and Hopeless statuses combine into a +2, for a roll where you wanna roll low.

Because of this, she has given Lilith an opportunity. Not only is Dana in Lil's grasp as intended, but she's also failed to pull a (plasma) gun on her *and* is crying out in despair in a very inhuman way. The choice of how to exploit this is yours, Homestar.

At any rate, a top-notch post from Frogman. Awesome stuff.

Last edited by Seeks; Sep 9th, 2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Potential from Frogman's cool post + fail roll = 2 Potential?
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 01:09 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Danny Angel. Go home.

Danny, what is it?

Danny turned to look upstairs at Angel.

They stood there, exposed arms crossed – Danny didn’t know what was going on down here but it was weird, unnatural, and dangerous. Weasal and Aubrey were down here… Star was somewhere, and Dana was off with Lilth.

Lilith… this was too weird even for her. If she did anything to Weasal...

****. Apoc.

Did you get another piercing? Danny chuckled as he tossed the corset back upstairs.

But seriously, Angel, Danny’s voice slid into Brutalizers. I need you to go home. Please.

I… alright, and yeah...

Angel… I love you; I’ll text you later.

Be careful... Brutalizer.

Danny didn’t know what to think. This was creepy weird, like way creepier than anything Angel or even that ****** Algernon would be involved in.

Fists raised, Danny slowly moved through the basement waiting for something punchable to present itself. The book, the book looked like it could be punched. Maybe even torn in half, but for now Danny had to see to Weasel and Aubrey.

If Lilith did anything to you… Oh it is so over.

Over.
OoC Danny will advance: Someone permanently loses Influence over you; add +1 to a Label

I don’t think I have any moves to make, Danny will just explore the basement and go to where weasel and Aubrey are – I’d make a defense action but I don’t see an actual threat. Once I know Weasel and Aubrey are okay, I'm going to punch the book.

Last edited by wodine; Sep 17th, 2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
right-aligned image
Lilith

Lilith had already pulled Dana on top of her by the time the fox-girl let out a shrill inhuman scream. When she did, Lilith froze and even shuddered for a moment before rolling over to be on top of Dana.

"Oh sugar, you sound like an animal. And a frightened one at that!" she purrs. Or growls? She sounds about as human as a tiger right now, and her predatory leer as she looks down at Dana does not calm her animal fox instincts. Quite the opposite in fact.

"Oh, you brought a toy?" Lilith asks, noticing the blaster. Dana finds she cannot move, captivated as she is in Dana's power. "Well I don't know this one, but maybe I'll get a few of my own out later. I think you'd look quite good with a leash on, for example!"

The succubus tosses Dana's blaster into the hamper in the far corner of the room. "Now then sweetie, let's take this up a notch. I'm gonna mark you as mine. You just make more of those animal noises that get me going, ok?"

She leans in, pressing all of her weight onto Dana, and starts to suck a hickey onto Dana's neck. Dana can feel more than her strength draining from her. Her shapeshifting ability is taxing her concentration as well, with her body wanting badly to revert to its normal form.

left-aligned image

Things were going very well for Lilith upstairs, so she had no way of knowing that she had just been dumped. Danny was into a lot of things that didn't fit with society's traditional view of a "relationship" per se. But he has some very strong opinions about loyalty. Strong enough that he almost has a positive thought about Angel's Algernon! And that loyalty extends strongly to his best mate Weasel, who is asleep in a bed with a beautiful girl in the middle of what looked like a cult sacrificial circle on the ground!

Angel leaves as promised, curious and disappointed at this turnaround. But they can sense that Danny is upset with Lilith, and they have their reasons for not wanting to discourage that. Besides, these two have the sort of relationship where Angel understands when Danny is getting serious.

Danny goes to check on the couple in the bed. Weasel is fully dressed and asleep, even wearing his shoes under the covers. Aubrey is less dressed and actually tied to the headboard. Both are breathing, but no amount of effort is able to rouse them. And Danny has always had a gift for rousing others!

Even though they're alive, something is very wrong. And Brutalizer decides to take his frustration out on the weird book that's over to the side. Attacking objects was traditionally a good way for a bull like Brutalizer to deal with frustration.

right-aligned image

Ana meanwhile is dealing with a problem of her own, though she is using considerably less power than Danny might have in her position. She is surprised, as is the shake, and now it is covered in dirty laundry thanks to her attack.

"Blfargh?" the shake cries out in surprise. Actually, it makes noises by sort of bubbling out of the rim of the cup. Surprisingly the straw doesn't seem to be the mouth.

Ana scrambles back into the hall, and the door shuts behind her. Is the creature dead? From the noises inside the room, probably not. Its probably making quite a mess in there!

"Guys! GUYS!" she called as she runs down the hall. Clearly this is something worth sharing.

OOCApocaliptic Fox is in a rough spot! Need to make a move or Lilith is going Directly Engage to try and break free of Lilith's grasp or try to Unleash to keep in human form. Or I guess Comfort/Support if you want to enter a relationship with Lilith (even though neither of you know she's single now). Just a warning though, Lilith may be willing to burn her influence over Dana to give her a -2 on a Directly Engage if it turns a hit into a miss.

If Danny is going to punch the tome, there definitely needs to be a Directly Engage the Threat move. The book actually has a hold on the couple in the bed, in case that's something you want to take away. Though to be fair, with Weasel's player not around there's a good chance he still won't wake up.

Starevna dealt damage, and she didn't take any in return. The hurt shake monster is locked in the room again, and Ana is free to get help. Up to her who she wants to go to. You can catch Angel before they leave if you want. You can check with Danny and get his help. Or you can try to get in Lilith's Unleash move neededlocked bedroom and maybe offer some help to Dana.

Looking forward to finding out what happens next! Might not even need that pool monster at this rate!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Sep 12th, 2022 at 11:45 PM.
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 03:09 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
For The Animal's Soul Is Mine
right-aligned image
Dana was going paler than usual. Now pinned under the succubus, all her attention was focused on Lilith. She shuddered from how amused Lilith was at her feeble struggles. And some of her enemy's more... evocative words demoralized her further. Dang. Lilith really did have no shame. It didn't help that her main weapon, her cherished keepsake, was so easily taken from her and tossed aside so carelessly. Like a soda can. Or dirty laundry, given they were in a teen's bedroom. Or Lilith's one-night stands.

"Is this what does me in at last? This broad?"

Lilith could exert a lot more force than Dana realized. She was pinned. She didn't have fangs, but Lil was draining the life force from her like a daywalker would with blood. Or a vampire. It seemed the multiverse over, apocalyptic humans came up with silly names for monsters when "vampire" or especially "zombie" would suffice.

Feeling her strength ebb away, the girl found it harder and harder to even uphold her human disguise. She had no idea if her friends could even hear her. Dana couldn't even scream anymore, giving only a loud, weakened grumble. She already sounded like a zombie, or hung over, or crashing from a lack of salvaged or home-brewed soda pop. Needless to say, any pretense of Lilith being a normal teen was long gone, though the teasing remained. It all seemed so easy for her. Like a game. That ease of hers sure felt familiar in the worst says.

"Is, is *this* how I treat my victims...?"

No. There was no holding back now. It was all or nothing now. In a flash, Dana's human body vanished into viridian light. Her discarded sneakers were replaced with worn stylish leather boots. Her "I <3 NY" tee was replaced with a pine green crop top. Lilith would feel a whole lot of rusty orange fluff and a tattered bandanna in her mouth. She'd feel wispy, agile limbs grab her shoulders and shove her, broad digging claws poking into her exposed skin. And she wouldn't get to see the emerald eyes, shimmering in dim light, glaring up at her for long. Not before pearly fangs started gnashing for her face!

ActionsWith Dana no longer maintaining her human form, I got a 9 to Directly Engage. Blows traded, she probably had some of her energy sucked from her. However she'll also resist or avoid Lilith's blows with the partial success, at least some of them.

Last edited by Seeks; Sep 26th, 2022 at 02:45 AM. Reason: I keep forgetting the damned stat block :v
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 10:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Starevna
right-aligned image
Art by katalean
Starevna pelted down the corridor, trying to find the others. She couldn't hear the sound of pursuit... yet. But nonetheless, she didn't want to deal with that thing alone. It wasn't even that she wasn't sure if she could take it head on... she just needed someone to confirm she wasn't crazy. Where was everyone?

No sign of Danny or Angel. Just then a horrible, high-pitched squealing echoed out. Was that... was that coming from the room where Lilith took Dana? What was that noise? She didn't particularly want to bust in on whatever was going on in there, but the noise was as good an excuse as she was going to get. Ana glanced at the doorknob. Lilith had locked it, right? But that hadn't stopped her before. Last time was an accident, this time all she had to do was... *pfft*.

Starevena reached out towards the door, but only a smattering of feint blue sparks scattered out. She'd blasted the Malt Monster with everything she'd got... had she overdone it? A quick jiggle of the handle confirmed that the door remained obstinately locked. Relegated to normal human activities, Ana pounded on the door with a fist and yelled through the door.

"Hey! You two okay in there? I heard..." She trailed off into a mumble, unsure of what she'd heard, then abruptly changed tactics. "Never mind! There's a..." She trailed off again. Did she dare explain what she'd seen? Especially with Lilith there. "There's something out here you two gotta see!"

OOC

Old Sep 17th, 2022, 02:38 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Danny Wake up.

Weasel.

Aubrey.

WAKE UP.

Brutalizer was shouting now.

This is wrong. This is very wrong.

Aubrey was lashed to the bed in her swimsuit and Weasel was ‘asleep’ next to her.

No one sleeps in their swimsuit, and no one sleeps tied up like that.

Danny easily snapped the bindings with his bare hands, his anger at Lilith and the whole situation rising.

His eyes turned towards the large book held upon a demonic looking pedestal.

He didn’t know what it was.

He didn’t know what it was doing.

But Brutalizer was filled with rage and the book was as good as any target down here – and maybe it was the source of this wretched magic.

Danny didn’t know if magic was real, but he watched movies. He knew about the Darkhold and the Book of Vishanti. If this was anything like that it was going to be nothing but trouble.

Grabbing the book with both hands Brutalizer kicked the pedestal like a soccer ball, sending it flying against the nearby basement wall.

Danny felt the rage in his blood, he could hear his heart beating.

Lub Dub. Lub Dub. Lub Dub.

Rage was the lifeblood of which Brutalizer was able to do his amazing feats. Danny was cool and collected on the soccer field and he was able to throw a punch now and then with tremendous but not necessarily superhuman force. Danny wasn’t filled with rage.

Brutalizer was rage incarnate.

He saw how the world treated people and he was strong enough to do something about it. There was evil all around and all it took for evil to spread was for good people to do nothing. Some important person said that, but Brutalizer didn’t know who, but Angel would know.

Lilith had put Angel in danger. Weasel and Aubrey too. Star and Apoc were upstairs somewhere…

I hope they’re taking care of themselves and each other.

Brutalizer tore with all his might, like a body builder from the 80's tearing a phone book.

The pages started to crinkle and tear at the extraordinary strength rending it in half.
OoC Directly Engage the Book with an 11: I will resist its blows and take its magic from it.

Last edited by wodine; Sep 17th, 2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 06:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Lilith

"Holy demons, Dana. You're a furry!" Lilith gasps in hungry delight as Apocalypse Fox reveals her true form. "Like a real one?!? Did Felicity enchant you too, or are you something else."

She tries to kiss Dana, but the fox girl keeps snapping and biting at Lilith whenever she gets close. Despite Apocalypse Fox's weakened state, Lilith can't seem to hold her still long enough to get her mouth on her. A demonic tail and pair of black wings sprout out of Lilith's back as she stares down at the fox girl.

"Ok sweetie, I'm gonna need you to start acting all helpless again so I can do my thing with you. Trust me, it'll be the high of your life! And probably mine, too! In fact, let's-"

Whatever Lilith was going to say or do is cut off by Ana's interruption at the door. Lilith actually looks irritated at the interruption, and she yells out to the hallway. "Sweetie, we're getting all NC-17 hot and heavy in here. So unless you want to come in here and join us, you really need to wait your turn."

Her voice echoes with some sort of psychic resonance, compelling Ana to obey. Fortunately she is too worked up about the shake monster to be interested in whatever implications the succubus's command depends on her reading, though it does still evoke some powerful negative emotion within Ana.

Down below, Brutalizer tears apart the magic book. As he does, he hears the book scream. The witches that pledged themselves to the magic and bounded themselves to it with blood feel the tearing. They don't know what is happening, but they know where to go to find answers. Angry, afraid, and possibly getting desperate they each make their way towards the house. And somehow, Danny knows they are coming. Its as if the book's last dying breath whispers a message to him: They are coming for you!

Aubry suddenly sits up in bed, eyes snapping open. Or she tries to. She gets light-headed half way up and falls back down. "Wha-OW! Oh geez, what's going on?" She looks around in confusion but from her current angle can't see Danny.

Weasel doesn't stir.

OOCIf Lilith takes one more hit, she is going to have to flee. But if she takes 2 hits or gets hit with a 10+...well, for one she'll lose consciousness for one thing.

On that note, Ana is welcome to take a Hopeless Consequence as a free action to get through the lock and still make a move this round.

Dating briar, the bestest girlfriend ever! Might be a little distracted sometimes. :P PM me if I have not posted in a game with you this week or if you need anything!

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Sep 20th, 2022 at 07:13 PM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 11:34 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Danny They

Are.

Coming.

For.

You.

They are coming for you.

They are coming for you.

They are coming for you!

THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU!

The words reverberated through Brutalizer’s mind.

Whatever he had done, it made someone, or someone’s angry.

Luckily for Brutalizer, it didn’t matter who came or how hard – he just kept pounding.

Smirking to himself, he heard the cries from behind him, Aubrey had woken up.

And Weasel?

Looking around quickly Brutalizer stashed part of the book in his pocket. He’d see to its burning later. Books can be glued back together - fire is permanent.

Aubrey, are you alright?

Brutalizer said as he came into view.

Lilith said we were going to have a party and I found you down here with Weasel… Weasel?

Brutalizer saw that his friend hadn’t yet regained consciousness and his heart sank.

I gotta get the two of you outta here. Come on.

Wasting little time, Brutalizer freed the two teens and scooped them up in his arms.

He smiled at Aubrey trying to reassure her, but there was worry hidden beneath his dopey cockeyed grin.

He was worried.

Worried about Weasel. Worried about Angel. Worried about Star and Fox.

He was even worried about who was coming, but that didn’t matter for now.

What mattered was saving everyone he could.
OoC No move, but I will rescue Aubrey and Weasel – probably set them down in the living room for now and try to find Star and Fox, which probably won’t be too hard at this point.

Last edited by wodine; Sep 24th, 2022 at 12:20 PM.
Old Sep 24th, 2022, 02:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Starevna
right-aligned image
Art by katalean
Lilith's response hit Ana like a proverbial sledgehammer. It really shouldn't have, it was just more of Lilith being Lilith, right? The goth girl always took things too far, using words like a sword and shield, deflecting criticism and cutting deep into everyone else's confidence. But the psychic whammy accompanying those words rolled over Star and found the chinks in her mental armor.

She could feel the Shake Monster coming up behind her. It was right there! She was alone and vulnerable in this hallway, and its presence was like a massive weight pushing between her shoulder blades. But even as the terror took over, seizing muscles and looming in her mind, she was trying to process what Lilith had actually said. The other girl had Dana at her mercy, and Ana had just let her do it. Worse, she had let Dana step in and deflect Lilith's attempt on herself. Why had only Lilith spoken? Was Dana, you know, occupied? Or was she in danger? Already hurt? So many conflicting emotions left Ana reeling and she looked down at that doorknob once more. What would she find on the other side?

Her powers... she couldn't focus. She couldn't bring them to bear, but whether she liked it or not, she had to get through that damned door. Taking a deep breath, Ana lowered her shoulder, grabbed the knob and just rammed into the door. For a second, her powers flickered back on, flaring blue motes off her body as she bust into the room semi-invited.

The sight that greeted her was not exactly what she expected... or feared. Dana... no, Fox. Definitely Apocalypse Fox right now, was flailing on the floor, desperate to fend off the dark figure above her.

It took a moment to process it all, with a mixture of confusion, disbelief and eventually a strange sense of relief. This was all going to become a lot less complicated, if not necessarily easier. "Hey." Star's voice broke the silence with a confidence she didn't quite feel. "No means no." For a moment, Starevna was able to push down all of her doubts and fears and focus on the immediate need. She continued her stride into the room and body checked Lilith, shoving the demon-girl backwards and placing herself in front of Dana. "Get up. We're leaving."

OOC

Last edited by hafrogman; Sep 24th, 2022 at 02:38 AM.
Old Sep 24th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
Cheap Shot(s)
right-aligned image
Dana's eyes narrowed at Lilith's words. Well, one particular word: 'furry'. Rationally, it was still a common word, that didn't have the same connotations as it did in her world. Irrationally, it was a fighting word.

"Au naturel", Apoc-Fox snarled at Lilith, though not at loud or viciously as she'd wanted. "And hard pass. I'm already mated. To my job of kicking ass!" She took that opportunity to throw a jab for Lilith's nose, and probably lacked the strength to hit her hard enough. Maybe at all. Things were getting woozy and numb, especially from the spit-soaked part of her neck.

"I'm screwed."

"Hey! You two okay in there? I heard..."

"Maybe not?"

Ana! She was outside the room! And was stammering about something. Dana could barely make it out. Too dazed and running on anxious energy to figure it out. All the vixen had to do was outlast Lilith's nonsense long enough to deal with, and maybe her friend would spring her from being Spoink'd. Also, what was Ana freaking out about...?

"Sweetie, we're getting all NC-17 hot and heavy in here. So unless you want to come in here and join us, you really need to wait your turn."

"The hell we are", Dana hollered with as much sass as she could muster. She continued to struggle, trying to feeble punch or bite Lilith. Luckily, she didn't have to hold out against Lil much longer. Ana smashed through the door, glowing with cosmic power. She then knocked Lil aside, getting between the succubus and the... kitsune? Trickster spirit? Mutant fox? Apocalypse Fox had no idea and frankly, she couldn't care less at the moment. The sensation of having your life force sucked out was one hell of a trip.

Either way, there was a Starevna splitting up the lilim and her prey. They're leaving? Good. And good riddance. Except the Fox wasn't done here.

"Not without this", Dana grumbled, leaping up from the bed. Well, leaping was a strong word. More like flopping off and tumbling up onto all fours. With a very animalistic gait she scampered off toward her discarded blaster, flicked it on to Stun and without a moment's notice for Ana to protest, fired center-mass from the hip toward Lilith multiple times. The pistol shaking in her hand, a couple stray shots probably zapped the wall of the room. Maybe fried the circuits on any electronics the bolts might've hit.

"Gotta hand it to ya, Lil", Apocalypse Fox grinned at her, despite how well her self-appointed nemesis did or didn't took the zapping, or if she even hit at all. She had something like this statement planned out already, so she had to say it. And besides. The ends would justify the means, as they often did. "I was gonna make an example of you from the start. Thanks for showing yer true colors. You made this a lot easier. And stay the @#$% away from Danny, got it?"

ActionsYes, Apoc-Fox will absolutely ignore Star's more peaceful attempts to get Lilith away from her. She's kinda petty like that. Got another 9 to Directly Engage. With blows traded again, I would like to impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition by unloading her energy cell into Lilith with a cheap shot or five. If ideas are needed for a downside, I will remind everyone else and myself that Dana's blaster can overheat...

Last edited by Seeks; Sep 26th, 2022 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Added to last paragraph IC
Old Sep 26th, 2022, 06:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Aubrey

"Danny? What are you doing down-AHHH!" Suddenly aware of her situation, she pulls the sheets tightly around her. "What are you doing down here? I thought we-Weasel?!?"

Seeing Weasel's unconscious form, next to her, she gasps and reaches to feel his forehead. Then she checks for a pulse.

"Oh, he's just sleeping? I thought he looked-OH!" Aubrey gasps and tries to hold onto the sheets as Brutalizer scoops the 2 of them up. "Wow, you're really strong Danny! You're not even-wait. Wait! What's going on here! Oh my gosh, the book. The book! Felicity is going to kill me. Oh my gosh, she might actually literally kill me!"

Her breathing becomes irregular to the point that it sounds like she is having a panic attack as Danny carries her and her boyfriend(?) up the stairs.

right-aligned image
Out of sight of the stairs, as it was happening on the other side of the house, Ana had just burst in on Lilith and Dana (neither of which looked human anymore). Starevna forces Lilith off of her friend, but the succubus just snarls.

"No means no." Starevna says confidently, or at least that's how it seemed. But Lilith does not back down.

"Not in my line of work," she purrs. "I've got a taste for your foxy friend. I'm addicted now. And now I can't let either of you-"

Zap! Lilith gets hit with a stun blaster, cutting off her words. Her face is frozen in surprise for a moment before her eyes roll back into her head. 3 more stun blasts hit her on her way down, but a chill runs up the girls' spines. Apocalypse Fox may or may not get a few more shots in after Lilith is down, just to be safe.

right-aligned image
Brutalizer is just setting the 2 teens down on the living room couch when someone pounds on the front door, and everyone within the house hears an angry Felicity shouting.

"Alright, just what the f*** is going on in here?!

She marches in with 2 members of her squad, both of which look equally angry and terrified of their leader.

OOCI think I got the results of everyone's moves in. Lilith has been taken out of the scene and will not get up unless someone puts on the swimsuitfor the rest of the session.

Technically we are starting a new scene, so if you feel like you completed a requirement to get rid of a Condition let me know!

You all have a round to either flee or decide to stay and fight. Up to the team.

Let me know if I missed anything!