... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Aug 25th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35115
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Volkert Kolle: The Eldorado, Berlin
left-aligned image
Volkert reeled from the small man. Volkert's throat tightened, his hands grabbed at his own lapel and started wringing his jacket. The doktor moved away from the scuffle at first.

Volkert was about to move even further away while the others tried to wrestle him under control. Volk had seen many such crazed men during the war. Wards could spring up almost anywhere, and frequently a man injured of mind was placed with a man injured of limb. Many times they were the same man. Volkert had seen men break, crazed and inconsolable.

Not that he cared. Volkert had long since stopped caring for injured and crazed men. He didn't care for this small fanged man either. He was about to step even further away when he saw the package. The lovely package.

He tried a simple grasp by surprise. The small man was occupied, and the strongman had been joined by the bar owner to hold the fellow in place. The scramble was too much, and Volk was pushed back from the thief.

Volkert took another breath, then slipped his hand behind the hold of Sasha. The strongman looked at him oddly, and a sudden heave from the mass of men flung the doktor back. He fell onto his backside, and then moved in a crab crawl back away from the melee.

When he stood, Volkert was holding the package. He moved back towards the filmmakers, holding the object up in a single hand. "An important object, I suppose?"

PC: Curse of Strahd(5e), Eberron Escapades(5e), Masks(CoC), Odyssey of the Dragonlords(5e), Out of the Abyss, To the CallHill(5e), Way of the Wicked(PF1e), The Third Imperium (MgT2e) DM: Horror on the Orient Express, Under Otari (PF2e), To the StarHill:Dead Suns (SF)

Last edited by Bluejack; Aug 25th, 2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 03:21 PM
1975, lol

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23263
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Prologue
left-aligned image
Marko watched in awe as Sasha leaped onto the tiny man and then as Wilhelm joined the struggle. The author had no intention of joining such a kerfuffle. He was a man of words, not fists. A man of insight and intellect, not pugilism and barbarism.

It came as quite a surprise when the diminutive frame of Volkert darted into the fray. Not once but twice he reached in before being unceremoniously discarded from the scuffle...stolen package in hand! "An important object, I suppose?" he asked of Fritz and his wife.

Marko was overcome with admiration at the bravery on display. The courage of others meant he didn't have to put himself into harm's way. "Good show, Volkert! Such grace and debonair!"

With the package safely returned to the director, thoughts then turned to what on earth were they to do with the crazed man tucked away in Sasha's oversized arms. "Has anyone rung the Sicherheitspolizei?"

Old Aug 28th, 2022, 01:25 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24748
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
22nd January inside Eldorado: accosted from all directions!
left-aligned image

The thief was a small man, not much of a fighter. Sasha had him easily in a crushing embrace, from which this thief continued to splutter and shout an incoherent melange of unknown languages.

Wilhelm crowded him and, shouted in his face ”You want to steal from me? In my own establishment …”

As he did the Eldorado’s proprietor swung a heavy fist at the man’s stomach. But the little guy had something in him yet and was able to jerk clear of the larger man’s fist. ” Sasha hold him still” Wilhelm shouted.

But the thief’s demeaner changed again when the clever hands of Volkert plucked the package from the man’s waistband. He stopped struggling and shouted in the more human of his languages
”Ora! Menehi maneh!”

However, Volkert just turned his back and held the package towards Herr Lang ”An important object, I suppose?” he said

”Good show, Volkert! Such grace and debonair!” Marko called out in appreciation of his friend’s deftness.

Behind Volkert the thief gurgled and choked out those alien words again, his eyes growingly bloodshot and blood beginning to run from his nose ”Ahornah r'luhhor ymg' lllln'gha gn'bthnknyth ng orr'e!”, a freed claw-like hand squeezing the air between them.

Keeper-OOC
Something’s going to happen to Volkert, but remember that your characters have yet to be exposed to Lovecraft’s other worlds - so don't leap to mythic conclusions!

Blue post first. Others after that. Remember if it’s a combat action, let me know first, we’ll resolve in discord and you can post the result.
Old Aug 29th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
left-aligned image
Volkert felt the dual satisfaction peculiar to his character. The package was stolen from the odd little man, and Volkert had the praise of his companions. All-in-one! Amazing!

The doktor felt a tingle in his chest and the hairs stood up on his neck. The thrill of the theft! But then, what was that? The tingle turned to a burn, then the burn to a fire. He grabbed the box to his chest wondering why now? Why would he have an attack of the heart now?

"Argh!" Vokert felt as if an incredible pressure suffused his chest. The same complaints many of his patients had when they described a heart attack! As he fell to his knees, yelling in pain, Volk saw the hand of the small man. Surely a coincidence?

He toppled over, and when he did he rolled the package to the filmakers and his best friend, Marko. They would keep it safe. Volk clutched at his heart. "Help me! Please help me!" Volkert called to the trio standing back. Volkert could feel a fist grabbing at his heart. Squeezing. Squeezing.

PC: Curse of Strahd(5e), Eberron Escapades(5e), Masks(CoC), Odyssey of the Dragonlords(5e), Out of the Abyss, To the CallHill(5e), Way of the Wicked(PF1e), The Third Imperium (MgT2e) DM: Horror on the Orient Express, Under Otari (PF2e), To the StarHill:Dead Suns (SF)

Last edited by Bluejack; Aug 29th, 2022 at 01:45 PM.
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40101
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Sasha Shivlyakov
left-aligned image
If you have never grappled someone before, from the spectator seats it looks fairly simple. You grab a hold of someone and hold them tight. Simple… except that it isn’t… not at all. Human beings are quite wiry and when cornered turn into raging beasts not far removed from the jungles of yesteryear. Now add that rage with the smaller frame of the peculiar stranger within Sasha’s grasp and you can begin to see the trouble he was dealing with.

“If you do not stop squirriming arround I vill brreak you in half. Don't you scrratch me! Arrrghh!” Sasha cried out as the man continued his frenzied bucking about. Sasha slid the man to the floor, using his full weight to pin the man down.

“Vilhem! Stop hitting and grrab his legs!” Sasha said, oblivious to the strange behavior being exhibited by the dark skinned stranger until suddenly, the man went limp. “Eh? Did I kill him?" Sasha asked as he looked down at the man in confusion until he saw that he was indeed still breathing.

“What is yourr prroblem? Stop talking gibberrish I kan't underrstand anything you arre saying.” Sasha eased his hold on the man, unaware of the drama surrounding Volkert until he heard the doctor call out, "Help me! Please help me!"

The strong man looked at Volkert and then down at the man in his grasp as his face darkened in anger. “What did you do!”

OocRegular success turn grapple into a pin

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Aug 30th, 2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old Sep 7th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34530
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Wilhelm Krüger
left-aligned image

Following his partners demands Wilhelm quickly went for the struggling mans legs but as he tried grabbing him the man's wiggling and squirming was too much as he quickly took a foot to the jaw falling backward a step as he rubbed his chin. "If you don't kill him Sasha I am about to!" he cursed.

Old Sep 7th, 2022, 10:32 PM
1975, lol

Tools
User Statistics
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Prologue
left-aligned image
The situation had gone from crazed to insane in the blink of an eye. With the thief babbling nonsense, Sasha wrestling the man to the ground, Wilhelm catching a stray foot to the jaw and then Volkert collapsing to the ground, Marko wasn't sure if he should start jotting down plot points or attempt to intervene.

His conscience got the better of him as he looked at his friend writhing on the floor in some distress. He kneeled next to Volkert. "Well, you're the doctor, so you may need to talk me through just what you need me to do to get you out of this pickle you've found yourself in."

oocNot sure if helping is a thing in CoC but Marko would try to aid Volkert, idk

Last edited by tomplum; Sep 7th, 2022 at 10:32 PM.
Old Sep 10th, 2022, 12:07 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
22nd January inside Eldorado: accosted from all directions!
left-aligned image

The wiry little man kept twisting and struggling in Sasha’s arms. Every time the wrestler thought he had the man pinned an arm would wriggle out and the man would claw again at him. The man’s words were now reduced to nothing more and grunts and gurgles, his foaming mouth mixed with the flow of blood from lips torn by his own sharpened teeth.

Standing beside his friend Wilhelm caught sight of the man’s chest as his shirt rode up in the struggle. It revealed a body covered with strange tattoos that seemed to cover his body overlapping and faded at different ages. The body showed signs of age and use, well used to pain and torment.

However he twisted however, this strange foreigner’s eyes seemed fixed on Volkert who was writhing in pain on the floor clutching his chest. Whenever the foreigner's hand broke free it grasped at the air, inspiring a cry from the good doctor on the floor.

Kneeling by Volkert, Marko could see his friend was absent in the pain that wracked him. His eyes rolled upward revealing only whites – there was no making sense to him.

Which left Fritz Lang and his wife, standing agog at the chaos before them. Almost automatically the director stooped to pick up the package that Volkert had dropped. Somehow, in the struggle the box had been torn – most likely by the stranger’s belt. A small stone statuette fell from the box and rolled into the middle of the fray.

Keeper-OOC
From the way he’s behaving its not unreasonable for your characters to make a link between the foreigner and Volkert’s condition.

All can post. If you are attempt combat action – let me know what and what you roll, I will then resolve so you can post the result.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 08:37 AM
1975, lol

Tools
User Statistics
Prologue
left-aligned image
His friend's condition, writing on the ground, his eyes rolled back in his head finally began to sink into Marko's mind that this was more than fodder for his next book but a life and death situation. Despite Sasha's best efforts, the tiny dark skinned man was repeatedly freeing a hand which he would then clutch in the air while staring daggers at Volkert. As strange as it seemed or even sounded in Marko's head, the action seemed to be somehow linked to Volkert's condition.

What to do, what to do? the author pondered. Club him with a liquor bottle? What if he persisted? Stab him with a table knife? He might hit Sasha instead. Keep that hand open. It seemed when he didn't have it 'grasping' in the air that his power over the good doctor waned.

Marko bounded up onto the stage, with a departing, "Hold on, pal," delivered to Volkert before he took his Oxford sports shoe and planted his foot upon the tiny man's outstretched hand hoping that by applying the proper force, he could unclench the fist and release Volkert from whatever fresh hell the odd man had sent him to.

Old Sep 12th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17220
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Freiherr von Hardenberg
left-aligned image
Security police? Yes, they should be called in. Law and order had to be maintained here. Carl still stood there paralysed by the violent chaos, while the thoughts were rotating in his head. But if the police were there, he, a member of the Prussian parliament and a von Hardenberg to boot, would be found in the midst of this pile of thugs, drunks and thieves in this establishment!

"Police will probably not be necessary!" he therefore shouted over the heads of the fleeing persons. "I am sure the whole thing will turn out to be a misunderstanding."

The former Western Front lieutenant turned his eyes to the thief. What could be the real reason for this man's peculiar appearance? Carl did not believe it was an ordinary theft. The foreign-looking man was behaving far too irrationally for that, even for a criminal.

And then he saw him. The foam at the dark-skinned man's mouth. All at once everything seemed clear. Rabies! He had read about it in a book whose title had almost literally been the pacification of the African continent by European civilisation.

"Raving Madness!" therefore warned Carl as loudly as he could and rushed forward to where Sasha was wrestling with the man. "If he bites you, you will be infected too - and there is no antidote!" he shouted in agitation at the Russian.

But now Carl Friedrich Wilhelm saw even more. Volkert. The whites of the doctor's eyes. The statuette on the floor. Why did the doctor have to be the one afflicted - he would have been the only one who knew what to do! But rabies was contagious, but not like that! And there was an incubation period. Again and again, the Prussian nobleman's eyes drifted to the statuette on the floor. It was almost as if it was cursed - but this was no fairy tale; it was reality. Poisoned, perhaps? But why did Herr Lang seem to have no symptoms?

"Mr Lang," Carl began, taking a few steps, standing over the possibly poisoned statuette and addressing the director. "Is it possible that there was something poisoned in the parcel? Quick... the doctor's life is at stake - and the thief's. And if only maybe... what kind of poison could it be? Where did they get the parcel?"
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
The fire in his chest made clear thought impossible. The fire consumed his chest, then body, and then his soul. The synapses fired in Volkert's whole body at once and in a moment Volkert could see nothing. Dark splotches came to his eyes as the oxygen left the brain, his body spasmed in grand mal seizure in front of his companions. The bar scene faded into darkness, and fiery pain was all Volkert knew. In a last paroxysmal burst, the soul of Volkert Kolle did it's best to fight whatever had gripped his heart. He tried to deny the pain. He tried to fight.

In his mind Volkert grabbed again and again at whatever force assaulted his body. He saw only darkness and could find no purchase to fight. But then out of darkness came eyes. Glowing a sickly yellow, the eyes penetrated the pain and darkness. The eyes brought corruption and sickness. They oozed pus and smelled of urine and rot. The creature bore down on Volkert and he screamed in his mind's eye. In the bar, a horrid scream of a tortured and dying man was interrupted by seizures of activity in Volkert's body. The undulation of the scream was almost comical, though the sight of the doktor's body flopping like a dying goldfish on the wooden floor was certainly disturbing.

Inside his mind, Volkert saw the yellow eyes, then the pale purple skin, then the tentacles. The purulence from the thing dribbled onto Volkert's face. His tormentor said nothing, but with a thought and flick of the eyes the tentacled devil crumpled the doktor's resolve like an ant carapace under a boot. Volkert's scream was held short in his mind. The crushed soul could not find the strength even to scream. Volkert choked then felt a slow and steady ripping sensation in his chest while the devil leaned over his decimated body. The tentacled thing smothered him as it violated his thorax. Volkert could feel the sternum crack and rip. He could feel the devil extract his beating heart. The thing stepped away, and held in one tentacle a dripping human heart.

Blood poured from Volk's chest onto the floor of his mind. His soul trembled along with his outward body. The images of the mind stopped. The body stopped twitching inside the bar. As the rest of his companions looked, a dark red pool stained the doktor's shirt, soaking it completely in blood.

Volkert Kolle's eyes rolled into his head and he lay still. His body had stopped just next to the strange statue. Though it was small, it seemed to look down upon the poor chirurgeon.

Volkert did not stir at all. He was dead.

Last edited by Bluejack; Sep 13th, 2022 at 06:45 PM.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 04:48 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
22nd January inside Eldorado: cri de cœur
Horror.

It was just a night out – a friends bar, entertained by the famous film director – some drinks, then Sasha’s shows of strength to amaze and delight. There had been a small disagreement perhaps; but nothing that portended this … horror.

This little man – a foreigner with a babbling tongue who made off with the package and struggled in the wrestler’s grasp. They’d not thought he’d have fight in him beyond a scratch and a bite – certainly not this horror.

Too late! Too late they connected that grasping, squeezing hand with the howls of their friend, the physician Volkert. As the doctor writhed, an air of panic fell upon them. First Sasha landed a meaty blow on the foreigner’s head then Marco stamped down at the foreigner’s extended hand. But the author felt his heel slip as it crushed the hand – something fleshy gave beneath his foot.

And Hilde screamed.

Carl stood dumbly staring at the shock in the faces of the director and his wife. He turned, following their eyes.

First, he saw Volkert, arms spreadeagled as he lay, a face twisted in terror beyond mere pain. The man’s particular clothes glistened and pulsed as the last of his blood oozed and pooled around him.

But that was not the horror that drew Hilde’s scream. The horror lay a few feet away where Sasha still clung to the now limp body of this foreigner who had babbled so, and his hand …

… while Carl's brain refused to accept the truth of what his eyes told him, he could not deny that he saw it.

The still beating heart of Volkert Kolle was clasped in that foreigner’s hand.

Keeper-OOC
Yuk-yuk-yuk!

The foreigner appears to have feinted or something.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 09:27 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40101
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Sasha Shivlyakov
left-aligned image
Sasha would never label himself a deep thinker. He was a man of action and more prone to apologize after the fact for a faux pas rather than bite his tongue or hold his fist. So it was now with the wiggling and screaming stranger. The Russian had given the man ample opportunity to reassure Sasha of his good intentions and with that time the dark skinned man had only deepened Sasha’s suspicions with his foreign babble and his insistent scratching.

Now, Volkert was left screaming out in pain and Sasha did not hesitate. Raising a meaty hand high in the air, Sasha tried to hammer his fist repeatedly into the small man’s skull as if it were an egg in need of a good cracking.

Grabbing the man’s head with one hand, Sasha held it still as he smashed down again and again. Sasha would have continued smashing the man until his head was a pulpy mess beneath his hands… he had done it before… but then everything that constituted reality fell through the Russian’s fingers.

Hilde’s scream turned Sasha towards the still beating truth clutched in the small man’s hands. There was no mistaking a human heart… no. Any time spent at the front gave one a very specific and tragic knowledge of human anatomy. Sasha fell away from the stranger, his eyes wide with fright as his hands grasped at his own chest, wondering if his own heart would soon be clutched in the man’s bloody fingers.

Ooc 1 point of San damage

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Sep 12th, 2022 at 09:29 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34530
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Wilhelm Krüger
left-aligned image

Wilhelm stares in shock at the sight before him as his hand begins to quiver and shake. He had been to war and seen many horrible things, pieces of men in places they do not belong. Brutal mamed and disfigured friends and neighbors, but this... this was different there was a man holding another man's heart and with each beat the any icy cool feeling shivered up his spine. The soldier in him began to take over as he reached for his pistol and aimed at the man holding the heart and shot.

Old Sep 20th, 2022, 04:18 PM
1975, lol

Tools
User Statistics
Prologue
left-aligned image
Having finally been provoked to action by Volkert's squirming on the ground, Marko had charged forward and attempted to stamp upon the man's hand that seemed to be clutching at his friend's heart only to find that when he stomped his foot upon the outstretched limb, the heart was in the hand. His heel caught on the bloody organ, nearly causing the author to slip on the ground. He looked back and forth between Volkert's bleeding form and the beating heart still clutched in the hand and his mind began to swim in delusion. It couldn't be real, could it? Looking down, he saw his own bloody footprint on the stage which confirmed reality.

The walls of Eldorado began to close in on Marko as sweat beaded upon his brow and his breath came in short gasps. He loosened his tie as the sweat began to pour down his face. He had to get outside. Racing through the door into the street, he began to rip his overcoat off and claw at his tie, attempting to undo the knot with his shaking fingers. It wouldn't come off! He screamed in rage, agony and shock while he tore at the ribbon around his neck before it finally gave loose and he balled it in his fist to throw it into the street as he sank to the ground, holding his head in his hands as uncontrollable sobs wracked his quivering form.

Marko clutched at his chest, feeling for a pulse and checking for a hole all the while unable to catch his breath while he teetered on the edge of consciousness from lack of oxygen. His mind had found no explanation for what he had seen and it refused to accept the falsehood that such a thing were possible. It manifested in his physical form to the point of severe distraction as the once famed writer lay upon the sidewalk tearing the buttons from his shirt and pulling the laces out of his shoes...anything to escape the flesh prison his mind was trapped within.